Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Thanee
smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Nov 3 2020, 08:47 AM) *
Who would have thought that shooting and abducting someone in public in broad daylight would turn out to be interesting to the police?

Yeah, I admit it was a bit dumb.
Though I have to admit that I was somehow under the impression that this area was not that well surveilled, as said dwarf just conjured a spirit and used it to fly an unconscious youth more than 20 meters into the air in broad daylight. As this is both way more visible (than shooting with a silenced gun from an alley) and way more illegal (especially in Prague), I did not really expect immediate police presence. I missed something, didn't I?
Jack_Spade
The spirit was invisible until he picked up the boy - and would have used movement as well as concealment as soon as he could.
The location - as seen on the map - was smack dab in the middle of Prague - with no dark alleys close by. And silenced just means people aren't going deaf wink.gif
Gilga
Well Anna would have let them have the boy because it is a populated area. She acknowledges Nova as team leader so she did as ordered. It is done anyhow.

I was surprised that the stunbolts actually worked (first time for me).
Jack_Spade
@Crossbow

If you want to organize a car, do you want to rent, steal or abduct someone to do so?
Crossbow
I think we have seen what abduction will accomplish, it will take longer, but I will rent one. I will see if Eliza can arrange one first though.
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Nov 3 2020, 10:02 PM) *
The spirit was invisible until he picked up the boy - and would have used movement as well as concealment as soon as he could.
The location - as seen on the map - was smack dab in the middle of Prague - with no dark alleys close by. And silenced just means people aren't going deaf wink.gif

So basically they did the same as we did. Ostentatively commit a crime in broad day light and then try to shake off the police. We just did it better wink.gif
Thanee
@Jack: The reason, why Nova was not getting out of the car and got the dwarf with her long arms was that she would not be seen near that location, actually. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
Well, as explained, there were a lot of people around - and you have to open the door to get the dwarf in. I'd accept that Nova put a mask on or something - still at least her cyberlimbs were pretty visibly
Thanee
Sure, that much is clear. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Volker
The nasty thing in SR is that people don't need to whip out their smartphones. Many have cybereyes or other means to take pictures within a split second...
Volker
Anybody waiting for someone?
Jack_Spade
Same question: Anything you need to start your interrogation?
Thanee
No, I guess we can start there.

Sorry, thought we are waiting for the bnc hacking questions/result here. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Gilga
Jack as far as Anna can tell would destroying the statue prevent the ritual?

Jack_Spade
Possibly - but it might also be just replaced through a similar object, or through a different ritual.
Jack_Spade
@Crossbow

If you want to intimidate the dwarf, please make a CHA+Intimidation test - and preferably state exactly what you want to press out of her (I assume, you want her to tell you about the rest of her team)
Volker
QUOTE (Volker @ Nov 13 2020, 06:27 PM) *
"With increased capacities, do you deem an attack on them sensible?"

Did Lizzy miss/ignore the question or did you just miss it among all the others?
Jack_Spade
I missed it - but Lizzy might as well have ignored it. She has a fundamentally different mindset about how to deal with such problems. And she still isn't 100% convinced that a group of foreign mercenaries just shows up to help her out wink.gif

Stubborn as a dwarf, you know wink.gif
Volker
So-ka wink.gif
Crossbow
I really gotta start keeping up with OOC frown.gif
Volker
@Thanee

Haha, I also kept grinning about the bullying ^^
Volker
Sorry, if I missed that. Do we already know at which point in time the ritual is supposed to happened? That is, how much time we still have, for when to set an ambush, and so forth?
Thanee
I think it was in three days (after arriving in Prague), I assume we have an exact time.

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
You now have 59 hours remaining until the BGC reaches peak. The Ritual can be performed before or after about 3 hours, so a 6 hour window.
Volker
Thanks!
Jack_Spade
You seem stuck - is there anything you need to proceed?
Thanee
Yeah, not quite sure what to do at the moment, except wait.

We don't have any more leads to pursuit. And I doubt we want to break into the gallery at this point to prepare something?

Maybe we can think of a way to prepare and if we need something for that, see how we get it.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
There's a lot do discuss yet. How to confront them. What gear do we need? Where do we want the fight to take place. And so on.
Crossbow
Is there a European future version of Home Depot that we can get the fans and stakes from?
Jack_Spade
Funnily enough, yes - it even has two full pages in the State of the Art book biggrin.gif

HomeHelpers
Volker
Is there anything left of the bacteria or was everything wasted when Anna got infected?
Jack_Spade
You made sure to get rid of all of it if I remember correctly.
Thanee
Another path would be to find out where the statue came from.

Right. We totally missed that. Following that, could certainly give us some information about our opposition. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Crossbow
What Taurus is buying from Homehelpers

Fan

Stakes

He will take his monocycle, I am assuming he can carry that stuff with him.
Thanee
I suppose, that sledge hammer thing is better-suited for Taurus, who could also take a bow, if you can use Longarms with it?

Also, do we need a car?

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE ("Run and Gun p. 116")
BULLS-EYE DOUBLE-TAP/BURST
If one bullet does the work of carving through a target’s
armor, why should a second bullet have to duplicate
that effort? With this shot, characters try to make the
latter bullets of a multiple-round burst follow the path
carved by the first.

With that, would it be possibel to combina two APDS rounds to crack the shell and then get a third bullet - say, a wooden one - right into your enemy? How would you rule that?
Jack_Spade
Munimix was always a problem of the SR system, no matter the edition.
Personally, I'd prefer you wouldn't go in that direction as the rules aren't made to facilitate that (it's the same reason there are no headshots that ignore body armor)
My ruling would be that you can't use the maneuver because you don't fullfil the conditions for using exclusively penetrating ammo.
Thanee
I think the Dazzlers are portable UV lamps.

Bye
Thanee
Volker
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Nov 30 2020, 04:13 PM) *
Munimix was always a problem of the SR system, no matter the edition.
Personally, I'd prefer you wouldn't go in that direction as the rules aren't made to facilitate that (it's the same reason there are no headshots that ignore body armor)
My ruling would be that you can't use the maneuver because you don't fullfil the conditions for using exclusively penetrating ammo.

all right. Thought so, and it does make sense to me. No harm in asking, though wink.gif

@Thanee ah, okay. Thanks, too ^^
Volker
sorry, hell of a week. I'm back now, kinda
Thanee
"Assorted ammunition, including, bolts and arrows plus standard rounds for an Assault Cannon comes to 1500€
The dazzlers go for another 1000€
The grenades including the preparation are 1500€ - I'll include some Blight/DMSO grenades, because you look like you'll need them.
The StakeHammer goes for 1000€
The Airbow for another 1000€
A capable Anthrodrone CRIADO JUAN with an upgraded Pilot as well as the right autosoft sets you back 14000€"

A nice round 20000€"

So, what exactly do we pay now?

6k plus another 1k for the second Airbow plus 2k for a R4 autosoft?

Bye
Thanee
Jack_Spade
9000€
Thanee
Ok. Nova will pay 3,500₯ of that. Should roughly cover the stuff she wants from the lot.

2,000₯ for ammo and grenades
1,000₯ for one Airbow
500₯ for one Dazzler

Bye
Thanee
Volker
James doesn't need an smartsoft - he already has it. The smartsoft should work for the crossbow, too. So, that's € 1,500 less.

Also, thanks for the reminder of active targeting. I dunno why, but I keep forgetting about that time and time again...

What I didn't find: What kind of action is the locking itself? Is it an action at all?
Jack_Spade
Take a look at p.184 core smile.gif
Volker
I did. I read the fucking text three times ... and I missed if three times.
Fourth time, I saw it. I swear, they changed the PDF in the meantime. It wasn't there, now it is. I'm not crazy. I'm not dumb. They changed the text. They infiltrated my laptop. Oh my god, I must delete the internet.
my ass

thanks for your patience ^^
Volker
Is Czermak's address in Prague?
Jack_Spade
Yes, a flat in the old part of the city
There is no mention of who might have been the beneficiary
Thanee
Her address is listed in the not particularly secure host.

That, totally, does not sound like a trap. biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012