Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arsenal Qs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Shrike30
Mmm, full-auto grenade launcher...
Feshy
QUOTE (Aaron @ Mar 3 2008, 05:44 PM) *
Yeah, that would only make sense if it was possible to mod a weapon (such as an Enfield GL-67) so that it could have additional fire modes. =i)

There's a reason you give a weapon has a drum of ammunition and a shock pad, and SS mode isn't it. I think the table text just got cut off; I think it was supposed to read "SS *nudge nudge wink wink* Note: due to federal regulations, fire mode modifications must be shipped separately from your weapon purchase."
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Shrike30 @ Mar 3 2008, 11:57 PM) *
Mmm, full-auto grenade launcher...

Nah.

Full-auto rocket launcher.
There's a reason why the Mitsubishi Yakusoku has 8 shots.
hobgoblin
the rules implications of a wide burst of area effect explosives boggles the mind silly.gif
Feshy
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 3 2008, 06:24 PM) *
the rules implications of a wide burst of area effect explosives boggles the mind silly.gif

I think it is best summed up as "Man-portable cluster bomb"

Also, "Reset button"
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Feshy @ Mar 4 2008, 01:05 AM) *
I think it is best summed up as "Man-portable cluster bomb"

make that "cluster fuck" silly.gif
WearzManySkins
Under Sidecar Motorcycle in the descrition it states
The sidecar can carry a passenger, mount weapons, or hold drones, all dependant on the gamemaster’s approval

But under drone racks the smallest drone rack requires a vehicle of a body of 4 or greater.

Since the sidecar adds +3 to the motorcycle's body, I am guessing the sidecar has a body of 3. Too small to mount a micro drone rack.

WMS
Feshy
QUOTE (WearzManySkins @ Mar 3 2008, 09:02 PM) *
Under Sidecar Motorcycle in the descrition it states

But under drone racks the smallest drone rack requires a vehicle of a body of 4 or greater.

Since the sidecar adds +3 to the motorcycle's body, I am guessing the sidecar has a body of 3. Too small to mount a micro drone rack.

WMS

I believe you just treat it as one vehicle, with motorcycle body + 3, and leave it up to the GM and artistic flair to determine just what mods are mounted in the bike and what is in the side car.
Cthulhudreams
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_GMG

Automatic grenade launchers are here today.
jago668
I am well aware that you can for one slot give it SA, or what is it 2 slots for full auto or burst fire. However as configured it makes no mechanical sense. It'd be like the ingram smartgun X coming with an integral silencer instead of sound supressor.
Cadmus
burst fire is 4 slots I think, don't have the book infront of me right now.

oh and a MGL 6 with burst smile.gif sure you only get two shots. but man what a great two shots its going to be. grinbig.gif
jago668
I went and looked and you are right, 4 slots for giving BF or FA to a SS/SA weapon. Only 1 slot to give the extra after you do though. So for all 6 slots you could make it a SA/BF/FA weapon.

EDIT

Which really, would there be a mechanical benefit to sending 10 grenades down range, other than the 10 grenades? When you full auto bullets you can do -9 to the defenders dice pool, or +9 to your damage. With there being 10 grenades hitting the person, I'm not for sure +9DV is really worth it. So is it wide burst only as a truly effective FA grenade strategy?
Rotbart van Dainig
Supressive Fire with Grenades.
bofh
I'm sifting through the Weapons section so currently my typos are concentrated in there. As I expand from there, I'll post if (when smile.gif ) I find any others.

Page 26 - Assault Rifles table - Steyr AUG-CSL Submachine Gun; ( C ) should be ( c ).

Page 32 - Missile Launchers table - Phalanx Vogeljager. second "Missile" entry has a tail ("Missile-").

Carl
Rotbart van Dainig
There's one interesting question:

Can Hardening be 'applied' to Cyberware, too?
And, if it can - does it substract dice from Cyberware Scanners and Radar Sensors as well?

BTW - if using a Radar Sensor to spot weapons, stuff and cyberware - does one make a Visual Perception Test, too?
Shrike30
QUOTE (jago668 @ Mar 3 2008, 08:05 PM) *
I am well aware that you can for one slot give it SA, or what is it 2 slots for full auto or burst fire. However as configured it makes no mechanical sense. It'd be like the ingram smartgun X coming with an integral silencer instead of sound supressor.

It's for when you want to fire one in each hand, to keep you from getting the -2 recoil with the second shot during the combat turn. cyber.gif

Seriously... we built a Panther AC into a sniper rifle in 3rd ed, stuck 9 or so points of recoil comp onto it that it didn't need at all, being SS. Arguement was, it made it easier on the shooter. I've got no problem at all with sticking fluffy accessories on guns even if there's no real game effect.

QUOTE (jago668 @ Mar 3 2008, 09:55 PM) *
Which really, would there be a mechanical benefit to sending 10 grenades down range, other than the 10 grenades? When you full auto bullets you can do -9 to the defenders dice pool, or +9 to your damage. With there being 10 grenades hitting the person, I'm not for sure +9DV is really worth it. So is it wide burst only as a truly effective FA grenade strategy?

You could always use the rules for the rocket pod from the main guns list... roll for each grenade fired, with a cumulative -2 for each one after the first in the burst. That'd create one hell of a mess.
nathanross
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Mar 3 2008, 07:13 PM) *
Full-auto rocket launcher.
There's a reason why the Mitsubishi Yakusoku has 8 shots.

The problem with this relative to a grenade launcher is the nature of a projectile vs a rocket. Since a rocket is not initially propelled by an explosion, but rather is self propelled by combustion, the time it takes to leave the barrel is too long to allow for full auto fire. Semi-auto (2 shots in 3 seconds) is pushing it.

As for full-auto grenades. You do not treat the damage like a bullet (+X DV). Instead you figure the damage independently for each. Personally I have never needed a second grenade, but could be useful against hardened military grade armor.
Chrysalis
Hi all,

I had a quick look through the text with my proofreader eyes and there are quite a lot of hurried and stream-of-conciousness writing. It makes for some really confusing pieces of writing! I was going to make modifications with notations based on the information here (I am having a slow week and I need to have a project under work to keep my edge). I looked at foxit, one of the few credible PDF editors, but for this long a manuscript and hundreds of changes and I would be still doing changes with a PDF three months from now.

Does anyone know where I could find a Word document version of Arsenal? That way I can make the changes and hand it to the original writers so they can have a look through the comments and the changes made.
jago668
QUOTE (Shrike30 @ Mar 4 2008, 01:03 PM) *
You could always use the rules for the rocket pod from the main guns list... roll for each grenade fired, with a cumulative -2 for each one after the first in the burst. That'd create one hell of a mess.

What rocket pod? I don't remember seeing one in the main book or arsenal.
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Mar 5 2008, 12:20 AM) *
Does anyone know where I could find a Word document version of Arsenal?

Somewhere, an editor just died.
WearzManySkins
QUOTE (nathanross @ Mar 4 2008, 04:37 PM) *
The problem with this relative to a grenade launcher is the nature of a projectile vs a rocket. Since a rocket is not initially propelled by an explosion, but rather is self propelled by combustion, the time it takes to leave the barrel is too long to allow for full auto fire. Semi-auto (2 shots in 3 seconds) is pushing it.

As for full-auto grenades. You do not treat the damage like a bullet (+X DV). Instead you figure the damage independently for each. Personally I have never needed a second grenade, but could be useful against hardened military grade armor.

Rockets also have back blast, and need a blast shield, as the "Mad Bomber" in my college days at TAMU, found out when he used 7 Estes D series engines to deliver a rocket down range. He had some interesting burn marks on his face for a while. grinbig.gif

As for full auto bursts of grenades they will not work like normal projectiles but I agree with RotBart. Also that many grenades being fired have a good recoil.

WMS
hobgoblin
QUOTE (jago668 @ Mar 5 2008, 12:29 AM) *
What rocket pod? I don't remember seeing one in the main book or arsenal.

try the fleche hail barrage rocket launcher on page 123 (arsenal)...
Aaron
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 4 2008, 06:38 PM) *

So ... very ... wrong ...

(Which, of course, means I can't wait to drop one on my players ...)
nathanross
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Mar 4 2008, 07:20 PM) *
Does anyone know where I could find a Word document version of Arsenal?

I wish there was one. I started copying and pasting from pdf to Word, but it takes a while and needs a lot of proofing. As far as I know there is no way to export a pdf to word, though I will look.
Shrike30
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 4 2008, 04:38 PM) *

That's what I was going at.

The problem with this relative to a grenade launcher is the nature of a projectile vs a rocket. Since a rocket is not initially propelled by an explosion, but rather is self propelled by combustion, the time it takes to leave the barrel is too long to allow for full auto fire.

You're not going to get a high "cyclic" rate, but having seen video of FFAR and Hydra 70 pods unloading a barrage, it's still pretty high.
Grinder
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Mar 5 2008, 12:20 AM) *
Does anyone know where I could find a Word document version of Arsenal? That way I can make the changes and hand it to the original writers so they can have a look through the comments and the changes made.

PM Synner or Adam, I'm sure they can help you out.
BlackHat
This may have already been asked, or covered elsewhere, but I could use some clarification on the difference between a "humanoid walker drone" and an "anthroform drone".

For example, the Manservant, which there is a picture of, is a "humanoid walker", and looks like a typical humanoid robot.
The Orderly, which there is also a picture of, is also a "humanoid walker", but looks like a 5-legged chair.

And of the three cyborg models:
The Aklyama is just a "walker" (although described as a small child)
The Otomo is an "Anthroform walker" (described as looking human)
The Tomino is also just a "walker" (and is described as humanoid, but bulkier than a troll in mil-spec armor)

BlackHat
Also, the three cyborg drones Akiyama, Otomo and Tomino don't have mechanical arms listed (making them much less human/useful, if that was intentional)

On the topic of mechanical arms. I've noticed that some vehicles have something like "2 mechanical arms" listed, where I would imagine they are meant to have full metahuman-like mechanical arms (Manservant, Orderly). While other vehicles explicitly have "Full Mechanical Arm" (Horseman). The description of hte mechanical arm mod, makes it clear that there is a difference between a full mechanical limb and a grapple, but only one vehicle (the PMV tricycle) has a full mechanical arm.

Is it really the case that the metahumanoid drones have grapple-limbs, and that the cyborgs have no limbs at all?
bofh
Couple more typos.

Page 64 - Disguised Equipment table: Unnecessary quote at Aerosol

Page 64 - Disguised Equipment table: Chemical Cosmetics and Hollowed Objects should have sub items indented.

Carl
deek
Are we going to get an index for Arsenal? I was trying to look something up the other day, and noticed I didn't have one...
bofh
Figured I'd keep them together:

Page 53 - Could add "and Outdoors" to table title

Page 53 - Camping Gear table, it should read "Water Purification Tablets (bottle)" (missing 's (bottle)' unless it's 5N per tablet?

Page 54 - Missing column? Ballistic/Impact entry for "Snake Mesh Socks" which provide 2 points of Impact.

Page 34 - Recoil table should say "Recoil Compensators" to match description.

Page 38 - Mortar Rounds table; Gas/Splash Blast should be 15m Radius (lose space between 15 and m)

Page 37 - Grenades table; Splash should be 10m Radius (lose space between 10 and m)

Page 39 - Kusarigama Sickle and Weighted Chain should be indented as they are parts of the Kusarigama.

Page 41 - Tiffani Elegance Shooting Bracer in table should be "Tiffany" per description.

Page 39 - Second paragraph, sentence 4 of the Ares Screech Sonic Beam Rifle says "-1 per ht on" should be "-1 per pt on"
or "-1 per hit on".

Page 178 - Recoil Accessories should be Recoil Compensators as in Chapter 2

Page 178 - Missing Target Designators table that's in Chapter 2

Page 38 - Rocket table; Missile should be bolded as Rocket is.
bofh
A few more:

Page 57 - Electronics table, Expendable Jammer entries should be indented

Page 57 - Electronics table, Smart Jammer entries should be indented

Page 58 - Electronics table should be "Electronics and Sensor Options" table.

Page 58 - Electronics and Sensor Options table, Self-Destruct entries should be indented

Page 59 - Sensors table, Sonar entries should be indented

Page 59 - Sensors table, Ultrawideband Radar needs "Rating" in Parens.

Page 61 - Security Equipment table should be Security Devices per description header

Page 62 - Odds and Ends table, Smart Pouch System entries should be indented

Page 62 - Odds and Ends table, picky but Avail header should have a "." to match the other tables. smile.gif

raverbane
I had a question about the underwater environment section of Arsenal.

The section doesn't talk about the effects on radar.

I am not technically knowledgable in the area of radar and wanted to know about how underwater conditions affect it.
WearzManySkins
In water one uses SONAR not RADAR.

Radio wave propagation thru water is severely lacking ie screwed.

Sound wave propagation is very good.

WMS
Aaron
Radar works fine underwater if the thing you're looking for is a few centimeters from your sensor. A couple dozen centimeters further if you're in fresh water.

Want a nifty demonstration? Put your cell phone on speaker, and call some place with a longish recorded message, like a movie theater or weather or something like that. Put the phone in a watertight baggie and lower it into a bucket of water, listening to the reception.
hobgoblin
i guess the technical explanation is that radar works in the microwave range of the EM spectrum.

and microwave ovens work by pumping energy into the water of whatever you put into the oven...

so radar under water equals cooking water wink.gif
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Apr 1 2008, 12:50 PM) *
i guess the technical explanation is that radar works in the microwave range of the EM spectrum.

and microwave ovens work by pumping energy into the water of whatever you put into the oven...

so radar under water equals cooking water wink.gif

That's the "technical" explanation?
ArkonC
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Apr 1 2008, 07:56 PM) *

The non-tech one is: magic...
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Moon-Hawk @ Apr 1 2008, 06:56 PM) *

heh, some ""'s may be in order indeed wink.gif
Demon_Bob
OK, I'm tired and can't find if this has been asked or not.

Under Sleeping bag it says that it allows the character to sleep outside in relative comfort when temperatures fall within a range of 0 to 35 C.

Eh? 35 C. = 95 F. Unless I'm sleeping on top of it it seems kinda hot. Temperatures only down t freezing dont seem like enough, unless you can add in Armor insulation rules for increased warmth.
Rad
Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned, or maybe I'm just seriously missing something:

The Engine Customization mod lists it's cost as "Speed x Body x 5 nuyen.gif " or "Accel x Body x 25 nuyen.gif " depending on which version you're going for. Here's the thing: Accel isn't listed as a single number, so how do you calculate the cost? Do you use the walking rate? An average of the two? What?

Seems like either I'm missing something obvious, or the book is--my apologies if it's me.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Demon_Bob @ Apr 10 2008, 07:15 AM) *
OK, I'm tired and can't find if this has been asked or not.

Under Sleeping bag it says that it allows the character to sleep outside in relative comfort when temperatures fall within a range of 0 to 35 C.

Eh? 35 C. = 95 F. Unless I'm sleeping on top of it it seems kinda hot. Temperatures only down t freezing dont seem like enough, unless you can add in Armor insulation rules for increased warmth.

or just pack a polar tent alongside your bag. from the description its comes with a chemical heater (kinda like those self heating field rations).
raverbane
Question about prices.

Under the options for the Orderly, it lists 2 mechanical arms. In the description if the drone, it is obvious it has Full Mechanicals arms.

Is the price listed for the Evo Orderly of 2,000 a correct price?

2,000 is one quarter the cost of the listed price for the 2 Full Mechanical arms it has.
hobgoblin
would not be the first time a sr gear book list something where reselling the parts would land you a profitt.
Ryu
You should theoretically be able to buy a brand-new car and sell the parts for profit, so there is precedent.
Rotbart van Dainig
What's the throwing range of a Harpoon/Javelin? It's listed as a Throwing Weapon, after all. wink.gif
psychophipps
I'm not an editor by trade so can I substitute typos and wrongo pageo referencedos for correcto the blatheringos of untrainedo idiotos?

Now, I know that I'm an overbearing, opinionated wanker™ but research (or asking the armchair commandos here) really is your friend, DevGrp Crew. We work cheap! biggrin.gif

Just a little, FYI...
Rotbart van Dainig
Anyone else getting the old 2nd printing Arsenal PDF when trying to download the 3rd printing?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Jul 2 2011, 03:17 PM) *
Anyone else getting the old 2nd printing Arsenal PDF when trying to download the 3rd printing?

Yep... Still Getting that one...
KarmaInferno
Same here.

-k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012