Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CGL Speculation #5
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Bob Lord of Evil
QUOTE (darthmord @ Apr 18 2010, 12:27 AM) *
Before you ask, US legal code in many jurisdictions refer to this as being an accomplice / complicit in the act.

Well according to www.id.uscourts.gov/terms-ab.htm an accomplice is..."1. A partner in a crime. 2. A person who knowingly and voluntarily participates with another in a criminal activity."

If I were to have a clone, and tell said clone that they are butt ugly and said clone punched me in the face...I was not an accomplice to the battery that took place. Provocation, while distasteful is not the same as being complicit.
Terminax
Alright, is it too much to ask that you guys just stop being dicks to each other?

Sheesh.
Abschalten
YES! rotate.gif
Cardul
QUOTE (Terminax @ Apr 17 2010, 08:44 PM) *
Alright, is it too much to ask that you guys just stop being dicks to each other?

Sheesh.

They are too pre-occupied being Denomoulous to think about "Be Excellent to Each Other."

Besides...this is Dumpshock. You grow to expect that from here.
Terminax
Bah the Frontier is much much harsher than Dumpshock is. But at least our dickery to each other isn't as personal as it is here. Well actually that's not true, it can be pretty horrible some days but hey we're off in the deep woods. We don't have people of stature hanging out with us.

My ties to Shadowrun go back to the release of the hardcover 1st edition book at Gen Con and I have the distinct honor of having the last signed copy of the convention. Otherwise I'm a nobody to Shadowrun, being more known on the Battletech side of the family. I like Shadowrun, have played on and off over the years and hope that CGL gets past its difficulties to keep it going.
The Dragon Girl
QUOTE (Terminax @ Apr 17 2010, 09:44 PM) *

Sheesh.

I approve of this post
Bob Lord of Evil
QUOTE (Terminax @ Apr 18 2010, 01:44 AM) *

Sheesh.

Sorry if my post came off as being a dick, it wasn't intended as such.
Stahlseele
Dicks are never intended to come off. Well, at least they were not, untill SR4.
Cardul
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 18 2010, 03:47 AM) *

Eh...CP2020 had something to address that, as well.
Though, I think SR4 on-upped them with size adjustable cyber-boobs.
The Dragon Girl
I was vaguely horrified/amused when I was testing out the cyberware section of a generator and it kept letting me know I could add a cyberdick to any appendage I wanted
hermit
Was it Kentucky Fried Movie?
Cardul
QUOTE (The Dragon Girl @ Apr 18 2010, 06:05 AM) *
I was vaguely horrified/amused when I was testing out the cyberware section of a generator and it kept letting me know I could add a cyberdick to any appendage I wanted

Um.....Wow. That..that...*looks for brain bleach for the images!*
fistandantilus4.0
Here
knasser
QUOTE (The Dragon Girl @ Apr 18 2010, 12:05 PM) *

Yet implanting guns and blades that dismember and kill is regarded as untroubling.

(disclaimer: I am making insightful comments only, not advocating polyphalism).
Kid Chameleon
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 18 2010, 03:47 AM) *

Well, there was this one back in 1992....
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Kid Chameleon @ Apr 18 2010, 03:43 PM) *
Well, there was this one back in 1992....

I actually knew that before you mentioned it . . I have seen the video some months back allready ^^

Wanna be really horrible?
Combine Cyberdickery with the Jackhammer-Addon . . *shudders*
Terminax
Cyberdickery with the Jaws of Life err... death?

Well I'm glad I've gotten some people a little cooler and more fun oriented with my previous comments.
Kid Chameleon
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 18 2010, 09:07 AM) *
I actually knew that before you mentioned it . . I have seen the video some months back allready ^^

Wanna be really horrible?
Combine Cyberdickery with the Jackhammer-Addon . . *shudders*

Well now I just want to combine the cyberpenis with the drone rules. I wonder if Jason will hurt me if I try to squeeze that in to something.
hermit
Pretty sure the Arc had Squid-o-bots like those from Matrix.
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Kid Chameleon @ Apr 18 2010, 12:03 PM) *
Well now I just want to combine the cyberpenis with the drone rules. I wonder if Jason will hurt me if I try to squeeze that in to something.

Yes I will.

Jason H.
TomDowd
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Apr 18 2010, 12:57 PM) *
Yes I will.

Jason H.

And so will I... oh yes.

TD
Ol' Scratch
...will hurt me if I try to squeeze that in to something.

<Beavis laugh>
graywulfe
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Apr 17 2010, 11:17 AM) *
Sorry for my silence this week. I just accepted a position as an HR & Finance manager for a gaming company this week. I'm sure everyone can understand how hectic your first week at a new job can be!

Congratulations,

Can you tell us who hired you?

Graywulfe
The Dragon Girl
QUOTE (knasser @ Apr 18 2010, 09:03 AM) *
Yet implanting guns and blades that dismember and kill is regarded as untroubling.

(disclaimer: I am making insightful comments only, not advocating polyphalism).

Yes >.>
While I am perfectly willing to carry a pocket knife, or a side arm, I am not sticking a dildo in my pocket, so I think thats fair.
ravensmuse
Honestly, one of the reasons I really love 4e is the transgender aspect of transhumanism got some love. And watchig the arguments for "BUT WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT THAT!!! WE DON'T NEED THIS IN OUR GAME!!!" was pretty hilarious to me.
Larsine
QUOTE (Kid Chameleon @ Apr 18 2010, 07:03 PM) *

I'm sure it will hurt Jason...

Lars
Lansdren
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ Apr 17 2010, 05:17 PM) *
Sorry for my silence this week. I just accepted a position as an HR & Finance manager for a gaming company this week. I'm sure everyone can understand how hectic your first week at a new job can be!

I can't speak for David, but as for myself, I have decided to devote my energies more productively to succeeding at my new position than to continuing to dwell on what happened in my past position. Urgru has a very valid and good point. I am moving on and focusing on what the future holds.

I remain a huge SR fan, play in a weekly SR game, and hope to continue to be a writer for the game line. I consider many current and past writers good friends and look forward to working with them on more cool and fun projects in the future. I mean, hey, I have to finish the Netcat and Pistons searching for Puck story... and Slamm-0! hasn't been forgotten, either...

Congrats dear Lady

I look forward to the continuation of your good work.
Stahlseele
Well, about CGL . . ouch:
http://www.complexactions.com/comic/084.jpg
Pepsi Jedi
Ok.

I laughed.
The Dragon Girl
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Apr 18 2010, 07:07 PM) *
Honestly, one of the reasons I really love 4e is the transgender aspect of transhumanism got some love. And watchig the arguments for "BUT WHY WOULD SOMEONE WANT THAT!!! WE DON'T NEED THIS IN OUR GAME!!!" was pretty hilarious to me.

Heh, they can swap their gender all they want, I don' care, more power to them , but if someone wants to stick a cyberpenis on their balance tail or one that pops out of their hand .. Iiii don't wanna know about it. Really. I'm sure someone has done it, but I wish to remain blissfully ignorant.
Ol' Scratch
Exactly. Some things just don't need stats. A paragraph or two talking about "the transgender aspect of transhumanism" is fine, but do we really need multiple entries for various implants and whatnot? Especially since they don't actually do anything?
The Dragon Girl
Considering I've seen people have to field the question 'what does the astral signature of a naturally born intersexed person look like'

er.. yes. If there aren't stats, -someone- would demand them.
Ol' Scratch
A foot note in the Cosmetic Modifications catch-all entry would have sufficed.
Fuchs
Just because you don't use it in your game doesn't mean no one else uses it. We have matrix rules, even though a lot just handwave it away. We have rules for infected PCs and Drakes and Free Spirits even though some don't use any of those, and don't want them in their game.

Shadowrun shouldn't orient itself according to what some people don't want to see.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (The Dragon Girl @ Apr 19 2010, 04:30 AM) *
Heh, they can swap their gender all they want, I don' care, more power to them , but if someone wants to stick a cyberpenis on their balance tail or one that pops out of their hand .. Iiii don't wanna know about it. Really. I'm sure someone has done it, but I wish to remain blissfully ignorant.

*Laughs* It's that sort of 'perverse use of everyday things' that comes up in game groups.

Such ... "Inventive things" Usually are bullet magnets though. So... play wisely.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (The Dragon Girl @ Apr 19 2010, 10:30 AM) *

Think about what stories you could get that start with:"Well, that one time in Bandcamp . . "
Pepsi Jedi
Kay it's been another week, it's been quite a few days past the update we were supposed to receive (( Though honestly just though Jason's good graces)) as to the books, which ones are still held, which ones are released, and the state of the ones we're waiting on. (( The Almanac can't get here fast enough.))

Any word Jason? Any Rumor?
Fuchs
Here's some more speculation.
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Apr 19 2010, 02:16 AM) *
Any word Jason? Any Rumor?

The dude has to rewrite a bunch of stuff for the yet-to-be-finished books like SWA.

Just assuage your anxiety with thoughts that the less he posts here, the more productive he's being. upsidedown.gif
Pepsi Jedi
Eh.. Not so much speculation as much as ... kinda heavily slanted recap.

Not saying it's wrong... I've been saying some of that myself....

But nothing 'new' there if you've been keeping up in this thread.
Fuchs
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Apr 19 2010, 11:48 AM) *
Eh.. Not so much speculation as much as ... kinda heavily slanted recap.

Not saying it's wrong... I've been saying some of that myself....

But nothing 'new' there if you've been keeping up in this thread.

The rebuttals in the comments alone are worth it - some here may have "forgotten" that the co-mingling of finances has been admitted by CGL and act as if everything is just "baseless speculation".
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Apr 19 2010, 03:50 AM) *
Just because you don't use it in your game doesn't mean no one else uses it.

Use what? Nothing? Because that's all those "rules" are. They're just a random Essence and nuyen cost with a half-page write-up that's already covered by the basic Cosmetic Modification option in the main sourcebook (SR4A pp. 341-342). All they had to do was add "penile implant" and "breast implant" to the list of sample modifications, and maybe one or two more sentences to describe the transgender/sexual scene. There wasn't any need to waste so much space on those two implants alone, especially when more interesting implants (meaning any implant that actually has a game effect associated with it) in their place.
JM Hardy
Quick updates: As Stephen noted, the LEs are in the warehouse. We're waiting to hear about a concrete shipping date.

By the end of this week, most if not all of the "frozen" books should be unfrozen. Many checks have been sent out, others have just been written, but as I mentioned earlier we are waiting until checks are cashed and have cleared just to be sure everything is fine with these books.

The re-written sections of Corp Guide will be going to layout this week. That means I will hope to have good news about that product in the very near future. The Almanac will be next my next target after Corp Guide.

That's the basics!

Jason H.
otakusensei
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Apr 19 2010, 05:30 AM) *
Use what? Nothing? Because that's all those "rules" are. They're just a random Essence and nuyen cost with a half-page write-up that's already covered by the basic Cosmetic Modification option in the main sourcebook (SR4A pp. 341-342). All they had to do was add "penile implant" and "breast implant" to the list of sample modifications, and maybe one or two more sentences to describe the transgender/sexual scene. There wasn't any need to waste so much space on those two implants alone, especially when more interesting implants (meaning any implant that actually has a game effect associated with it) in their place.

I'm sure there are some folks who would have liked to see those section expanded, or a whole book developed along those lines. In the same token there are some that are truly disappointed to see it even mentioned in Shadowrun. Personally I'm all for making the setting more interesting, and that doesn't always mean more crunchy rules bits.

To each their own, you can't get pissed at someone for having an opinion. After all, we aren't pissed at you for having one.
otakusensei
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Apr 19 2010, 07:29 AM) *
Quick updates: As Stephen noted, the LEs are in the warehouse. We're waiting to hear about a concrete shipping date.

By the end of this week, most if not all of the "frozen" books should be unfrozen. Many checks have been sent out, others have just been written, but as I mentioned earlier we are waiting until checks are cashed and have cleared just to be sure everything is fine with these books.

The re-written sections of Corp Guide will be going to layout this week. That means I will hope to have good news about that product in the very near future. The Almanac will be next my next target after Corp Guide.

That's the basics!

Jason H.

Glad to see something of an update, even if there isn't really any meat yet. I'd love to have my LE someday. My FLGS has got a bit of a dealpool going on when they will arrive. However there aren't many takers as we wouldn't allow anyone to put money down on "Never" and that was the consensus opinion. It's gallows humor directed at the the company that collected on the product before it existed, but by folks that understood full well what they were doing when they clicked "Submit". Still, we've gone from disappointing to comical; now we're pretty firmly in depressing territory.

I was over joyed to catch up on the thread and see the good news from Tiger Eyes. I hope that everything goes better than she could hope for and that everyone involved is able to bounce back as quickly. I'd love to hear back from some of the other folks looking for work after CGL. I care about anyone who's a part of this game, and you never know who else out in the community is looking for exactly what they have to offer.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (otakusensei @ Apr 19 2010, 08:32 AM) *
After all, we aren't pissed at you for having one.

Of course not.
Elixir
Edited: cleansed my post after I sent it. Its just not worth getting into a discussion on these forums. Everyone has their opinions. Time will tell.
fistandantilus4.0
Edited mine in turn. I have no problem with addressing your issue, just please keep it in the right place/forum section. Thank you. smile.gif
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Dr. Funkenstein @ Apr 19 2010, 06:30 AM) *

And as Otakusensei said, you could count me as one of those people that would like to see more expanded material on being LBTG in Shadowrun. Seeing that material in Augmentation felt like a shout-out to folks who would like to see more of that kind of material in gaming. Shadowrun is one of the few games that even mentions that sort of thing in their rules (aside from the general sex-change antics you see in D&D or other games) or spotlights it (Exalted coming to mind).

As someone who is not themselves LBTG but identifies with part of it and sees elements of it in Shadowrun already, it was a really cool thing to come across (and kudos to whomever added that element; you're the best!)

Aside from that and aside from, "hurr, I can be a Japanese tentacle monster now!", there's still uses in the 6th World for the technology, and it took up so little space anyway, that what does it really do to lessen your experience? Did it take space away from yet another, "gives you a +2 boost to your ability to smell things! You can take one more box of damage! More places to hide weapons!". If anything, it added nothing to yours but lots to, again, someone like me, who can identify those passages as places where character concepts grew out of.

So like people said, opinions.
The Dragon Girl
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Apr 19 2010, 05:37 AM) *
Here's some more speculation.

Nothing new here, although we still have people accusing our mods of censorship, everything else seems pretty much whats been had, even if I disagree with some of the assessments.

Personally I just want to see the people owed money paid, and the game I love continue in -some- form. Justice of some sort would be nice, but Cest La Vie, as long as the things which are wrong are put right, on whatever path it takes to do that.

QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Apr 19 2010, 08:29 AM) *

That's the basics!

Jason H.

Glad to hear it! Its good to know folks are getting paid, and I -really really- hope the Almanac gets published, been looking forward to it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012