Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Grey
Thats up to you guys. Have at.
Shadow
The funny thing is, Shadow and Grendel have worked together before smile.gif So that should prove interesting in the meet. And even if other of us have worked together in the past, we may not necessarily be friends. In other words why would I call you up and say, "hey I got this job offer". Even though I would like to do that it doesn't seem very realistic.
grendel
EDIT: Yeah, pretty much what Shadow said. smile.gif
A Clockwork Lime
Oh, I didn't mean to suggest we were friends or even in communication with each other at this stage. smile.gif I was just talking about possible connections between the characters beforehand. Friendship and fellow runners are one possibility, friendly competition a few times in the past is another, downright hating each other is yet another, etc.

Just thought I'd get us talking in OOC, truth be told. smile.gif
Shadow
Cool, so your guy sounds cool Clock, is he an adept?
A Clockwork Lime
That would be a very safe assumption, yes.
Grey
I must say, I loved Clock's concept. Wait till you see him in action... biggrin.gif
A Clockwork Lime
<just bats his eyes all purty like>
Grey
I'm off work. I may be able to post over the weekend, but there is a good chance I can't too. Just be sure to have your characters ready for the meet by Monday.
Fenris
Grey, pitched over the character, sorry again for the lateness of my email or PM, whicever you get first.

Am I still in, or have you replaced me already?
Dashifen
Grey -- I totally forgot to re-work Father's backstory that I sent you. I'll send you a more complete and better written one this week. His race changed when NSRCG lost my attributes and I started over but I didn't update his biography page.
Grey
Ok, I'm gunna get Fenris and Tinkergnome caught up and then we'll start the meeting. Fenris, go ahead and make an IC post. You can finalize the sheet later, thought what you have so far looks good. Same with you Tinkergnome, I know your character and you can go ahead and start posting IC and get my the sheet asap.
Grey
Dash, email me the newest sheet, just to make sure I'm up to date.

metis76@yahoo.com

Actually... Can everyone send me an updated sheet? I know some of you already have you updates to me, but I want to make sure. Take your character and put it into a file for me too, don't just email me the stats.
A Clockwork Lime
Always bossin' us around. Hmpf.
Grey
*cracks his whip*

Shut your mouth!

( nyahnyah.gif )
TinkerGnome
Excuse my bad singing, please.
Grey
I'll have a bump to the meet ready sometime soon, work is a little busy, so give me some time.
Shadow
Hey TKG, cool to see Warpath in yet another game.
Grey
Yeah, I had a last minute idea to throw him into the fold too. smile.gif
Grey
Blitz: Miss Young is the same woman from your vision.
Grey
For those of you who already read the description of the Johnson, you may want to reread it, specifically the part about the emblem on her breast. Sorry, I should have included that the first time, my bad... smile.gif
A Clockwork Lime
A satyr who missed a breast shot? Pfft. I don't think so, homey.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Shadow)
Hey TKG, cool to see Warpath in yet another game.

Heh, new and improved! Now without edges and flaws and with skillwires.

Not to mention 3x the background text wink.gif
Grey
Excelent posts everyone. I'm off work now, but we'll pick things back up tomorrow once everyone arrives.
Blitz
Lookie! *nothing fancy...just a visual*

Silk

Buddha72
Dashifen - You still out there? Want to bump to the meeting room but was looking forward to finishing our IC chat. biggrin.gif
Dashifen
I had play practice last night. Updated now. I kept going so that we could get into the meeting room, but feel free to jump in smile.gif

Perception roll for inside the steakhouse, if you want it: 11 10 07 05 03 03 02 01 01
Grey
We're still waiting for Digital Heroin to show up. If I don't see a post from him by around lunch time, I'll go ahead and move things along and he can catch up.
A Clockwork Lime
For anyone interested, here's a little blurb about Ol' Scratch, including a quick shot of his mug. I might update the information some in the near future if anyone cares to know, but for now I s'pose it gives plenty of info on where I'm going with him. smile.gif

I'd love to see more on some of the other characters, too.
Buddha72
I second the motion. Helps fill in the mental pic.

Onna - Human, Japanese, 5' tall, and about 130 lb. Has long black hair (about mid shoulder length) and amber eyes. She holds perfectly still when not moving. She is sporting the lastest in homeless shelter wear. A baggy sweat shirt with a hood, baggy jeans and a some sneakers that have seen better days. Her features are fine and in better clothing could grace the runways in Milan. Her build is slight but athletic.

Grendel shamed me into better descriptive text. wink.gif
A Clockwork Lime
Just a quick note to letcha know I sent some rolls your way, Grey. I'll post after I get the results. smile.gif
grendel
Grendel is a male elf of average height, bulky with both natural and augmented muscle. He wears the high collar shirt and 5.11 tac pants of the Actioneer line, both black, with a London Fog Professional long coat, also black, and leather driving gloves. His dark hair is cropped short, and the only really memorable feature are the twin scars on his right cheek. Four centimeters long and line straight, they could be from knife or shrapnel wounds. When tension draws the planes of his face tight, they stand out as if to underline the flat black gaze of his cybereyes.
TinkerGnome
Warpath is a relatively unimposing human that stands about five foot, eleven inches. His skin is white, though darker than most, possibly hinting at some mixed blood in his ancestry. His hair is cut uniformly short, and looks like his daily maintenance for it lasts approximately two seconds. A pair of chrome jacks are set into the back of his neck near the base and generally have cobra head plugs slotted into them. A close observer would notice that his eyes are not meat, but the workmanship is sufficient to make it difficult to tell.

He is currently dressed in a nice Armante suit, with a long coat draped over the top.

Here's a pathetic attempt at a visual.
Fenris
Ayohuhisdi(A-yo-hoo-he-s-dee) stands 1.8 meters tall, slender, and human. His eyes are black, and after some inspection, synthetic. The rest of his face, his hands, and indeed, any other bare skin are covered. He's wearing an Armante suit, well cut, and a London Fog Chairman overcoat.
A Clockwork Lime
QUOTE (TinkerGnome @ Apr 20 2004, 12:59 PM)
Here's a pathetic attempt at a visual.

HeroMachine always leaves me frustrated.
Blitz
Silk is really a social chameleon. She has both fashion and makeover and can completely change her overall look. At the moment, she is wearing a finely tailored Zoe futura suit and the appropriate accessories.

Her bearing is the same as described in my IC post and at the moment, she seems all business. For the most part though, she laughs easily, cares about those she calls teammates and is quite a bit more open than your standard runner.

As far as history goes, I like to leave it IC conversations, but she's happily tell you all about her past.
Shadow
Shadow is somewhat memorable. He is for appearnces an elf with dark skin. From a distance he could easily be mistaken for having african american ancestory. From a distance. Upon closer inspection he is a Night One. Complete with white hair and a fine coat of bluish/black fer. He is charming, but not overtly so. He has a disarming presence and a smile that puts people (not neccaserily other runners) at ease. People are often facinated by his race since so few of his kind are in NA. He is happy to talk about it, but he doesn't know much more beyond what the trids say. He keeps his shoulder length hair in a pony tail that is secured with a silver band. Though an errant strand tends to fall in front of his face. Everything about him looks %100 natural. He is 5'10 and 165 pounds as well, so not exactly tall or short.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime)
HeroMachine always leaves me frustrated.

I like Heromachine for superhero characters. Just not much else wink.gif

A visual is a visual, though.
Dashifen
Father is a middle aged Japanese human who speaks with almost no trace of an accent. He's an average looking man, not too tall, not too strong, but his eyes glimmer with intelligence when you look at him. His clothes are a little ratty, as if he's not had a chance to get new ones in a while. There's an obvious cyberhand, his left, and a datajack behind his right ear for those who look for it. Other than that, he doesn't appear to have much cyberware.
A Clockwork Lime
Bah. I, too, have now been shamed into writing a better description (both here and in a couple of PMs), so I figured that I'd go ahead and try to toss out as much "public knowledge" information about Scratch as I can. At least as far as anything you guys might be interested in. So here goes...

Ol' Scratch
Race: Satyr · Gender: Male · Age: 46 · Height: 170cm · Weight: 74kg

Description: Ol' Scratch is a right sexy bastard. Standing at only 5'7" and weighing in at just under 165 pounds, he seems a little on the scrawny side for a muscle type. Yet what he lacks in physique, he more than makes up for with piss and vinegar.

From the waist up, Scratch doesn't look much different from anybody else. He wears his coffee brown hair short with an angry sort of look to it. Father Time has started to catch up with him, too, as the temples of his hair have finally started to turn grey with age, and his fey-like eyes simply have to be cybernetic as there's no way nature could produce a shade of amber as deep and vibrant as those orbs. Yet oddly enough there's nothing in his aura that even so much as hints that they're anything but natural.

Now from the waist down, well, that's another story. Despite his goat-like hips and cloven hooves, Scratch moves with a graceful swagger that can only be described as poetry in motion. The dark brown fur of his torso is thick and meticulously groomed, and despite never wearing a pair of pants it seems nearly impossible to figure out where his.. err.. equipment is packed. When asked, Ol' Scratch usually just lifts a curious brow and offers to demonstrate how everything works as long as you buy him dinner and a movie first.

He likes to dress comfortably, preferring a loud but loose fitting shirt underneath a light jacket. He doesn't carry much in the way of firepower -- just something akin to a Roomsweeper when he's in the rougher parts of town -- but he does have a tendency to carry quite a bit of grimcrack and sundries with him just in case any of it might come in handy one day. A pocket secretary older than most runners and a portable Sewer Demon music player that's seen better days are about the only other things he has on him at any given time.

Beyond that, Scratch is your average old school runner. He exudes that level-headed coolness that only experience can deliver and he can be a tad bit trying at times, but overall he's a pretty good guy who doesn't often hide how he feels about someone or something.

Astral Snapshot: For those capable of piercing the veil of the mundane world to gaze beneath the mortal dream, it becomes quite obvious that Scratch lacks any hint of mojo whatsoever. His aura is, however, laced with bright and vibrant colors that throb with the wild passion of an artist. But that passion has long been since broken under the heel of a love now lost and the apathy earned through the experience of a hard life on the streets. The iridescent pattern is broken up here and there due to what looks to be a few implants, and the telltale sign of chronic alcoholism is equally obvious. There is otherwise very little else interesting about this satyr's aura.

Street Reputation and Outlook: While he hasn't been active on the local scene for a few years now (having spent most of his time in Quebec earning a hunting license), Ol' Scratch has been working the shadows one way or the other since the late 40's. Tough as nails and a survivor by every definition of the word, Scratch has earned a healthy reputation as a man who'll do anything it takes to get a job done. He has always jumped at any opportunity that involved the decimation of ghouls and other paranormal threats that feed off of humanity, often not even bothering to pick up his fee once the job was completed. He does have scruples, though, and has been known to completely abandon any job involving the harming of innocent bystandards.

His tactics can be crude and direct but they are nonetheless effective. While it is indeed true that he loves a good brawl, he is not a blood-thirsty killer nor is that the summation of his talents. He's known for being quite adept at stealth and infiltration jobs, and his senses have been honed to nearly supernatural levels -- so much so that no one can really remember the last time he was ever surprised. Unlike most hired muscle, he's also quite the charmer and knows how to work a crowd when he needs to... yet with just a bat of the eye he could get under your skin and really piss you off if he wanted to.

But if there is one thing his reputation demonstrates, it's that he has a definite hatred for what other runners refer to as "professionalism." In his mind a more apt term for that mentality would be "a ticking timebomb." His experience has shown that you have to let your emotions thrive in this line of work and you have to care about what you're doing. Those who don't are usually the ones who end up getting you killed because they're the ones most likely to abandon or double-cross their partners to save their own worthless hides. To him, emotion is the embodiment of life. If you don't allow your emotions to have free reign, you quickly forget about all the important things life has to offer. Considering the fact that he's the one sitting at the table after being in the shadows for nearly 20 years, well, maybe his philosophy has some merit afterall.
Shadow
Negotiations 7 (+2 for pheromones)

17 14 12 10 07 05 01 01 01

No other modifiers apply.

My goal is what I said in IC. Either she is going to have to give it to us in advance, or come up on the price.
Blitz
Seriously digging the satyr...very nicely done!
Shadow
Not to sound like I havent been paying attention but who is our mage and are they prepared to handled spirits of this magnitude?
A Clockwork Lime
Thanks for the compliment, Blitz. smile.gif As for who the mages are, Onna and Silk are both full magicians as far as Scratch can tell.
Dashifen
I'm having a terminology break down in my head. There's a deck add on that provides protection against black IC biofeedback, ECM or ECCM if I remember correctly -- or ICCM. Something. Without the right term, or access to my Matrix sourcebook until tomorrow afternoon, can anyone decifer what it is I'm looking for? Thinking I might want to upgrade my deck a little before tackling this one if the funds are available and the dice are good to me.
TinkerGnome
Warpath's got his "magic wand". And by which I mean "fully automatic assault rifle firing ex-ex rounds". It seems to do a descent job on most anything.
A Clockwork Lime
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Apr 21 2004, 02:04 PM)
I'm having a terminology break down in my head.  There's a deck add on that provides protection against black IC biofeedback, ECM or ECCM if I remember correctly -- or ICCM.  Something.  Without the right term, or access to my Matrix sourcebook until tomorrow afternoon, can anyone decifer what it is I'm looking for?  Thinking I might want to upgrade my deck a little before tackling this one if the funds are available and the dice are good to me.

Biofeedback Filter. You definitely want one of those. smile.gif I'm trying to find the price for one, but apparently it's going to take some calculations 'cause they're not available on the open market. (What the hell?)
Grey
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
Warpath's got his "magic wand". And by which I mean "fully automatic assault rifle firing ex-ex rounds". It seems to do a descent job on most anything.

Ex-Ex? What about those APDS and AV rounds you have? nyahnyah.gif
A Clockwork Lime
<strokes his AV slugs> My Precccioooouuussssssss....
TinkerGnome
AV and APDS don't help against spirits wink.gif Ex-ex work better (giving you a power boost). But he'll probably be slotting APDS for the majority of the run. The queen is where you flip to the Ex-Ex wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012