Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, I'm stupid. I forgot that there is a small service door next to the big bay door. There is also a flood light above the main bay door.
Shadow
There are two possibilities.

1: No one is watching the camera and they just review it if something happens.

2: someone is watching the camera and were dogmeat if we get scene by it.

If it's one great, but we wont know that till it's to late. So we have to assume it is 2. We can't take the camera out with out arousing suspicion.

Ecce: Can we get under it's ark when it is not looking?
grendel
Half the intrusion team is wearing ruthenium polymers, have them bypass the camera. Alternatively, trid phantasm works well.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Shadow @ Oct 6 2004, 04:05 PM)
Ecce: Can we get under it's ark when it is not looking?

No. The camera is above the Bay Door and ends its left arc on the side door and access panel. *Points at grendel's post*
Shadow
Good point, Shaodw does not have any Ruethium, if father does, Shadow can cover him from the truck while he does his thing.
grendel
Eh, you're a night one, just take off your clothes and you'll blend right in to the shadows. biggrin.gif
Ecclesiastes
LOL biggrin.gif Extra karma point for grendel. smile.gif
Buddha72
I can cast Improved Invisibility on the people that need to get to the camera. How many other than Father need to go? We probably want someone to watch his back and keep in mind any paracritters will see him if they are dual natured, Do we know if any patrol past the spot?
Shadow
Ok so I laid out the plan. Onna casts Imp imp on father who then moves to the jack. Warpath comes up and uses hie Ruth to disappear, followed by Onna who does the same thing.

Silk goes astral and provides overwatch and Immortal guards her. That leaves Ayo who climbs to the top but does not leave the sewer unless we get made.

Grendel, if anything goes down and the drek hits the fan, I have but two words for you.

Go Loud.
Ecclesiastes
Heh, want to hear something funny? I totally forgot Immortal exsisted. Watching a prone body work for him then, I guess. smile.gif
Dashifen
Sounds like a plan for me -- I'll post back later for a stealth roll and what not. My laptop needs to be plugged in to get to my copy of Father's sheet and to do that I need to get home from work, first.
Buddha72
Ok time for some magic mojo!!

Improved Invisibility 6 TN 4(6 sorcery/7 spell pool/3 ally)
11 11 10 10 09 05 05 05 05 04 02 01 01 01 01 01 (10 successes)

Drain 4M
09 04 04 04 04 02 01 (5 successes/no drain)

Will dump everything back to spell defense when finished.
Ecclesiastes
When casting spells, please remember the background count of 1. In this case the TN goes from 6 to 7, so it doesn't matter, but later it may.
Buddha72
OOPs!! Sorry, in that case I will reroll the drain then. Bye bye karma pool!!

07 05 05 04 03 01 (3 more, whew!)
Ecclesiastes
Does background count effect drain? Wicked.
Buddha72
My understanding is it adds to all magical tests.
Buddha72
Just to help move things along I am going to post my stealth roll.

Stealth
05 05 04 (+12 ruthenium, thank god!)

Going to hide as close as possible to the spot where Father is jacking in. The intent is to be able to sprint to his body as quick as possible if things go south.
Dashifen
Stealth: 10 05 03 02 for Father

Where exactly am I headed at this point. Is there an external jackpoint to use to deal with the door/camera or am I just getting into position to get inside and try to hunt down the data on the bug spirit + paracritters ?
Ecclesiastes
Dash: Roll Electronics B/R to crack the case on the access panel, then Electronics to hook up you Dataline Tap.
Ecclesiastes
I'm going to be on vacation starting tonight and returning on Weds. Don't expect much posting from me until then, though I may get on once or twice, we'll see.
Shadow
Perception check, to be 'extra' aware.

16 04 03 03 02 02
Ecclesiastes
Dash, you out there man?
Dashifen
I am now, ironically I was on vacation at the same time as you. I'll get back to you with rolls when I return to my laptop after work .... must email sheet to myself for tomorrow ........
Ecclesiastes
Next time be nice and let us know if you are going out of town at a time when your character is in the spot light. smile.gif
Dashifen
Yeah, I didn't think of it at the time. A thousand appologize and all that stuff smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
<bitch slaps Dash a few times> Ok. I feel better.
Shadow
Your one to talk pal, you told us you were leaving town on the day you were leaving town, so naah nyahnyah.gif
Ecclesiastes
Well, I didn't know I was until that day, so naah! nyahnyah.gif
Dashifen
Electronics B/R: 10 08 05 04 03
Electronics: 27 09 05 02 01 (wow! sr3dice.exe just went nuts smile.gif)

Dashifen
Father's Detection Factor: 9 (12 in Masking Mode w/ effective Bod of 3)

Logon to Host: Computer/Decking 10 + 6 Hacking Pool
Deception Utility Rating: 8 (Sneak 2)
Effective Detection Factor for this Operation: 14 (got to love that smile.gif)
Roll: 17 08 07 05 05 04 03 03 03 02 02 02 02 02 01 01

All utilities currently loaded into Active Memory (total Active Memory 2000, total utility size 1848).

Utilities and ratings that may be important to you as they alter your TN to do stuff to me: Cloak 6, LockOn 6, Armor 6, Camo 6

Edit: I'll throw up some nifty flavor text about what Father's icon next post after I know I'm on. I should have 2, maybe 3 successes and hopefully that DF of 14 will keep me hidden but just in case the host has a super high access rating I'll hold of on this for now.
Ecclesiastes
Ok, you're in. Give me a computer roll for each thing you want to try to pull off.
Ecclesiastes
If you want to catch me on AIM so we can get it done nice and quick, shoot me a message (Ecclesiastes76).
Dashifen
I'll try to find you this evening on AIM when are you available?
Ecclesiastes
I'm on from now until 6pm Pacific Time.
Dashifen
My feeling is this: I'd rather not be jacked into the door mechanisms outside for this entire work -- therefore, if you all can get by the cameras, I'll clean up this jackpoint and then we can move into the compound finding me a different jackpoint inside where I'm not in plain site of people who might resist the spell or accidentally trip over me while invisible. Plus, I'm not too happy with the concept of bug-ridden-paracritters sniffing me out while I'm all decking and stuff. Sound good?
Ecclesiastes
You are sure you can get everyone inside when the camera isn't looking at the door. The porblem was only taking the time to jack the door open without getting seen.
Shadow
Ecce's company has locked down there Proxy server so he can't get to forums-temp. He can get to the front page, just not the temp page. So expect next to no posting from him for a few days.
Buddha72
Do we know when he'll be back? I have been working this week (GASP!) so haven't been monitoring the boards that well.
grendel
He's using lynx to surf and post, so he's back, just analog vice digital.
Ecclesiastes
The forums are fixed and I'm back!
Dashifen
<neo>Whoa!</neo>

Go forum fixage (that's cool) and welcome back (that's cool, too)
Buddha72
Do you need any skill rolls from us to get in?
Ecclesiastes
Naw, I'm going off your old stealth checks for now which were more than enough.
Shadow
Perception check to find a dataline for Father to use. Can you roll for me Ece, I don't have aceess to my character.
Ecclesiastes
27 14 11 02 02 02

Heh, wow. I'll have an update for you when I get back from lunch.
Dashifen
If Father oculd find an office room or something else that is designed with matrix access it might be better than trying to use patch a jackpoint in the main room. I'm a fan of having walls around my deckers if you all have to start shooting smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
Don't you wish it was that easy! vegm.gif
Dashifen
Uhm .... yes embarrassed.gif

Ecclesiastes
Ok, as far as I know, Blitz is real busy IRL and isn't posting much anymore. Fenris is working a ton and is in the same boat for a while. What do you guys want to do? Wait it out again, push foward, or end it and I can give away all the secrets from behind the scenes.
grendel
Push. NPC them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012