Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
A Clockwork Lime
I'm just trying to follow Grey's request to chill out on the topic. The only reason I said anything above was because it was in reference to Grendel and something he was attempting to correct me on.

You're the one who's 1) making it personal, 2) acting like a psycho hose beast, 3) spewing out a flagantly ignorant understanding of the rules, and 4) acting the part of a hypocrite in your last IC post (yanno, like not publically posting your Willpower Test against a base TN of 14 and most likely higher after the standard Interrogation modifications are applied).

Edit: Grr. Dammit. That's it, I'm not saying anything else. Sorry, Grey.
Blitz
Influence
Force 6
TN: Shadow's Willpower
Sorcery: 6 + 2 for Totem Modifiers
Spell Pool : 6
Ally Spirit Aid power : +5
Total Die Pool: 19
17:11:11:11:11:8:7:5:5:5:5:4:3:3:3:2:2:2:1

Shadow
Are you insane?

Do you recall The Mandarin and the huge debacle that ensued?
Do you remember what I said then? Casting spells on teammates is the same as pulling a gun.

I don't see any reason why this has to go down this way. You disagreed with Clock and Clock disagreed with you, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy this game. Not to mention all the hard work Grey has put into making this adventure. It would be unfortunate to spoil it for him. But if you still want to walk, you don't need to cast on Shadow to do it.

Edit:

His willpower is 6. So you landed a whole bunch of successes. That doesn't change anything. I wouldn't have physically stopped you from leaving. I wanted you (Blitz) and Silk in the game.
Blitz
And I very much wanted to be part of this game, but with Clock's intimidation roll, the only thing Silk is thinking about is getting the hell out of that room.

Even once she calms down she'll realize that after that event, there's no way she could trust him on her team and would rather walk on the job than jeopardize her relative safety.

In an OOC manner, Clock's behavior both IC and OOC is, in my opinion, rude and immature. I only have so much time to devote to the games I play online and he's made this game very unenjoyable.

The only reason for the Influence roll was because I've been painted into a corner with the actions I've been able to make and I wanted to ensure her ability to depart.

Edit: I also have Control Emotions and would have been able to completed change Scratches emotions towards Silk, but I chose not to take away his ability to play his character as he chooses. Please don't compare me to Mandrin who tried to puppet everyone. Im not controlling everyone, she's just not physical so I could hardly shove you out of the way. Her personality is the type that magic is second nature to her so much that she hardly even thinks about it's use.
Ecclesiastes
Alright, please give me a chance to find out a few things before deciding exactly what to do. I'm sorry guys, but I really feel like most of this is my fault for not having as strong of a grasp on some of the rules as I should have. When I run table top, I can wing it a lot better and have all my books with me. But here I do most of my posting from work and can't just whip my books out whenever I like.
A Clockwork Lime
This is Scratch's casual Astral Perception Test to see if he notices the astral signature of Silk's spell when he looks in that general direction before it fades away. Base TN of 4 modified by +2 from Astral Chameleon, lasting approximately four hours (Force 6 -2 from Astral Chameleon). Not using any Astral Pool since it's just to see if he notices it since his eyes were diverted when she cast it. Three successes required.

Astral Perception (6): 4 1 10 2 2 4

And just FYI, that's what Astral Chameleon is useful for.
Buddha72
SRCompanion pg 28
"In addition, the character's astral signature is harder to read and recognize; add +2 to attempts by other character's to assense the signature."

If you read in Magic in the Shadows pg 76 it states:
"When an initiate assenses a masked aura..."

It seems pretty clear that it would apply.

So far you've done nothing to show a logical and reasonable grasp of the rule set. If you disagree back it up with facts not bluster. Either way, you're just being rude and little when it serves no purpose. I admit, Blitz got steamed but nothing you've done seems to indicate you respect the rest of the players in the thread by forcing this nasty encounter. Let alone making it personal in the OOC thread. We all just wanted to have a little RP fun and you seem hell-bent on making this ugly. Lay off already and move on.
A Clockwork Lime
<sighs>

There's a difference between a fucking Astral Signature and an Aura. Astral Signatures are detailed on page 172 of SR3. At most, the bonus on an assensing of an aura would only apply when spotting the specific signature on a focus or something of that nature.

[Post edited by administrator at request of gaming group - personal attacks removed.]
Ecclesiastes
Ok, Clockwork is out. I did want to try to work things out, but after that rant it isn't gunna happen.

Blitz, you cool? In the future I will make sure all rolls go in OOC. Were there any other problems outside this?

Keep the game rolling people, let me know if you need anything from me. I'm not watching as closely as I was, so something may give me the slip. I'll try to catch up each day or two though so there shouldn't be too many problems.
Shadow
So were down two players. What a great beginign, were all going to die.

Ecc, are you going to have an enrolment, or are we just going to have to make do?
Ecclesiastes
I tone a game to who is playing. If you had more people, there would be more bad guys. Don't worry about the loss too much. But you anyone can think of someone who would make a good addition to the game, let me know.
Blitz
I haven't left yet!
Ecclesiastes
I think he was referring to Digital Heroin as the person besides A Clockwork Lime. Or maybe he didn't and he should have said three if he was counting you. indifferent.gif
Dashifen
FYI: I'll be away until Monday. I'll try to get back to deal with new posts and what not at least once a day. Sorry!
Shadow
I hadn't realized DH left as well.

I'm sorry Blitz, I thought you walked. I am not sure Shadow (the character) could work with someone who casted a spell in him to get their way. I know it's natural for your character, but that doesn't make it right.
Blitz
Well...two things, A. Unless he is told it happened from one of the other mages (now only Onna) then he wouldn't know. Influence makes the target believe the idea or thought is their own (unlike control actions).

And B. If he is told or if Ecc. rules he was aware of it, and he says anything to that effect to Silk, she will apologize and explain her reasoning behind it. Ultimately, that's totally your call and I will respect whatever choice you make.
Ecclesiastes
<plays catch-up>
Ecclesiastes
I'd say he didn't really know that a spell was used. If anything, he may have noticed the Shamanic Mask, but even then all he knows is that it was a spell, not what kind of spell. She could have just been throwing up an armor spell in case she was attacked.
Dashifen
Whew -- back. Didn't mean to rehash old scenes, but the bit about being worried about Scratch's impact on the rest of the job is just something Father would be worried about. Feel free to shoot him down and we can move on with everything else.
Ecclesiastes
You all got the feeling that Scratch has a hatred for Bugs and that he wouldn't get in the way of you guys taking them out.
TinkerGnome
Actually, dumb question that I edited out wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
Shadow, you are forgetting Fenris' character Ayo. He is firepower support as well.
Dashifen
Nevermind -- read the OOC thread before the IC one and it's all good.
Ecclesiastes
*bump*

Just checking in to see if anyone needs anything from the All Mighty GM!tm, or are you guys all still just planning stuff out?
TinkerGnome
I think someone had a plan they were working on wink.gif
Buddha72
What do we need? The thread seems to have slowed to a crawl. I am not the uber planning person but do great with taking orders. biggrin.gif
TinkerGnome
That'd be the problem, I think everyone's waiting. As I see it, we need to make a few important decisions:
  1. How are we getting in.
  2. How are we getting out.
  3. What are our specific targets.
  4. What threats are we definitely going to face.
  5. What threats are we probably going to face.
  6. What equipment do we need to make this all happen.
Fenris
Heh, sounds like an opportunity for the leader type to step in.

Paranormal Animals - 3,2,9,4 : Are Barghests dual-natured?
Ecclesiastes
Yep.
Ecclesiastes
Grendel: One thing you'd have made a note of is that sending your drones underground wouldn't work too well, because they'd have to be able to climb a ladder to enter the grounds of the facility.
grendel
I figured as much. Mostly they would be there to provide cover for any kind of withdrawal under fire and not actually as support for the intrusion itself. Thanks, though.
Buddha72
FYI - I will be out of town on vacation beginning tomorrow morning and will be back next Thursday. If you need anything from my character please feel free to NPC me so as not to slow down the game. See ya in a week!
TinkerGnome
Realize that what Warpath's pushing for won't really happen. Given a huge amount of luck, it might, but I somehow doubt there will be much choice about engagement before getting the data.
Blitz
Assensing Test
Intelligence: 6
6:6:5:3:2:1:1 = 3 successes

Aura Reading: 6
6:5:5:4:2:1 = 2 effective successes

Unless there are any modifiers such as Astral Chameleon.

Ecclesiastes
What are you trying to find out?
grendel
Grendel's essence is 1.69 and he is mundane. You've never seen his aura before, and he is not currently under the effects of any magic. He is healthy, and suffers from no diseases or toxins. He does have a high concentration of caffeine in his bloodstream, though. He has extensive cyber and bioware modifications, including a VCR, smartlink, headware, and his right arm has been completely replaced. His current emotional state is one of calm readiness, although you get the impression that he is entertaining several different trains of thought.
Blitz
It's just a basic aura reading, however, with 5 success that should give me the max amount of information.

Per page 172 of SR3:

5+ gives the following
• The exact Essence, Magic Attribute, and Force of te subject.
• The exact location of any implants
• An accurate diagnosis of any disease or toxin the subject suffers from
• The GENERAL cause of any emotional impression )a murder, a riot, a religeous ceremony, and so on).
• The GENERAL cause of any astral signature (combat spell, hearth spirit, and so on).

(plus all the above levels of information. I will list those not elaborated upon by the preceeding)

• The Subject's exact emotional state.
• The class of a magical subject (a fire elemental, manipulation spell, power focus etc.)

smile.gif Glad I didn't have to type that again. hehe
Ecclesiastes
All right... looks like things are gunna start moving once again, who needs to make the pit stops to pick up equipment and what is everyone bringing with them on the mission?
Blitz
Silk will be wearing Rhythenium treated form fitting full suit and a rhythenium treated secure jacket. Both are also chem treated level 2 and the form fit is thermo dampened 1. She is not bringing any weapons, but will have her two sustaining foci. Other than that, she's unburdened.

Because of that, she is willing to help others carry their gear if necessary. She only asks that it be in a back pack to keep her hands free.

Dashifen
Father will need to stop back at his place and get his Ingram SuperMach and ammo as well as the long coat he'll wear. Not being used to onsite infiltrations, he's not going to have his own armor, hence my IC post. I didn't even notice that at character generation ... spent all my money on the deck and utilities *grin sheepishly*
TinkerGnome
Warpath's going with his ruthenium cloak over an urban camo suit, comm system, all of the B&E odds and ends (ultrasound detector, gas detector, wire cutters, suction cup+glass cutter, ), a respirator, a survival kit, a shock glove, a couple of Predator IIIs in underarm holsters, a Defiance supershock in a back holster, four clips of APDS and two clip of Ex-Ex for the Alpha, two clips of APDS and two clips of AV for the Predators, a double load of taser darts (10), and a full load of minigrenades (2 IPE concussion, 4 IPE HE Defensive, 2 thermal smoke, 2 flash, 2 normal smoke). Non essential stuff will be in a military rucksack, and essential stuff will be worn in a carrying harness.
Dashifen
Father's going in with the Secure Long Coat that was loaned to him from Grendel's supply. Also his deck and an Ingram SuperMach with 2 clips of regular ammo. Course, if I blow all of that ammo on this run with the decker, we're definately fragged. The SuperMach has a shoulder strap and is being held under the long coat to help try and keep it as clean as possible. The deck, infinately more important to Father, is in the drybag mentioned IC to keep it completely clean.
Buddha72
Onna has the following:

Force 6 Sustaining focus (Combat Sense)
Force 4 Sustaining focus (Armor)
Force 2 Sustaining focus (Enhance Aim)
Force 1 Sustaining focus (Inc. Reflexes +3)
Force 1 Sustaining focus (Stealth)
Force 1 Sustaining focus (Physical Camouflage)
Force 3 Weapon focus (Katana)
Force 2 Weapon focus (Wakizashi)
Expendable Spell Foci (force 3 for each spell category/3 of each category)

Heritage Line Feudal Japanese (chem seal 4/non-conductive 2)
*Ruthenium w/ 12 scanners
Form Fitting Full Body Suit (fire resistance 4/insulation 1)
Security Helmet - Heritage Line (chem seal 1/non-conductive 2)
*Micro-transceiver (6)
*Encryption (6)
*Ultrasound sight
*HUD (100 Mp)
Forearm Guards

Ranger X Bow
*5 Hammerhead arrows
*5 EX arrows
*5 Incendiary arrows
*5 Dikoted arrows
Hardliner Gloves
Tante (think Cougar Long blade knife)

Locket for my ally spirit and of course, my ally spirit. biggrin.gif
Buddha72
Rolls for spells being cast into foci. Sorcery of 6, Spell Pool of 7, and Ally Spirit can act as a Power focus 3. Dice not used in the casting is being thrown into my soak with my Willpower of 7.

Combat Sense 6 - TN 4 (6 Sorcery/5 Spell Pool/1 Ally Spirit) Drain 3S
06 05 05 05 04 04 03 03 03 02 02 02 (6 successes)
06 06 06 05 05 04 03 03 02 02 (8 successes/no drain)

Enhance Aim 2 - TN 6 (6 Sorcery/7 Spell Pool/3 Ally Spirit) Drain 2L
06 06 06 06 05 05 05 04 04 03 03 03 01 01 01 01 (4 successes)
05 04 04 03 02 01 01 (5 successes/no drain)

Inc. Reflexes +3 force 1 - TN 6 (6 Sorcery/5 Spell Pool) Drain 2D
06 06 05 05 05 03 03 03 02 01 01 (2 successes)
06 06 05 04 04 03 03 02 02 02 01 01 01 (10 successes/no drain)
grendel
Onna has a Magic of 12?
Fenris
Why is that relevant?

Gear List:

Camo Full Suit (Thermal 3/Chem Seal 3/Fire Resis 2)
FFBA (Full Suit) (Chem Seal 1/NonConductive 1/Fire Resis 1)
Secure Long Coat (Chem Seal 2/Fire Resis 2/NonConductive 2)
Rapid Transit Helmet (Fire Resis 2)
Forearm Guards
Earplug Cellphone
A/D Kit
Grapple Gun
*Stealth Line
*Catalyst Sticks x5
Gunsmithing Kit
Medkit (Rating 6)
*Antidote patches x5 (Rating 6)
*Stimulate patches x5 (Rating 6)
*Trauma patches x4
Load Bearing Harness
Personal Comm Unit (Rating cool.gif
Ranger Arms SM-3
* 2 clips APDS
Pistols (Kalididologi x2)
* 2 Clips Acid (Rating 2)
* 2 Clips Glazer Rounds
* Quick draw concealable holsters
grendel
I'm just wondering since she's aiming to have 23 points of active foci going.
Buddha72
My count is at 20 (morning all) and I never have all of those going at once. You don't bind the expendable spell foci, one shot and one use there. I thought I could have active foci of up to twice my Magic rating (10 at the moment). I am bringing all of them for the 'in case' scenario. I have always assumed things like weapon foci are off unless stated otherwise, not wanting to stick out on the astral.
Ecclesiastes
I always thought they were on. But I only count 20 as well. Unless we're wrong about not counting the expendable stuff.
Shadow
Carried gear, weapons and armor, in various harnesses and pouches

• Colt Manhunter w/ 4 mags of ExEx
  • SCK Model 100 w/8 mags ExEx
  • Form-fitting Full-Body Suit
  • Secure Long Coat
  • Secure Ultra-Vest
  • Pocket Flashlight
  • Comm unit (R10) with subvocal mike and reciever unit
  • Electronics kit
  • Lockpick kit
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012