Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Ecclesiastes
Not you goof. You already spotted the rats. nyahnyah.gif

Just need to see who can break through the Conceal.
Blitz
Perception:
Intelligence 6
16:08::03:03:01:01

Armor Spell
Force 6
Sorcery + Ally + Totem Modifier (6+5+2)
11:10:09:07:05:04:04:04:04:03:03:03:02
4 Successes

Drain (+2M) 5M
Willpower + Spell Pool (8+7)
08:07:05:05:05:04:04:04:03:03:03:02:02:01:01
5 Successes

(geez...what a poor showing!)
Fenris
Sorry about the late rolls, didn't have my character sheet at work and suddenly the game moves much more quickly then it has in the past wink.gif

Stealth: 10 07 05 02 02 01

Perception: 05 05 05 03

(+2 dice for True Sight, if applicable): 03 01
Buddha72
Armor Force 4 (6 Sorcery/3 from ally/3 from spell pool)
10 08 07 05 04 04 03 02 02 02 01 01 (3 successes)

Drain 4M Stun (7 Will/4 from spell pool)
09 09 07 05 04 04 02 01 01 01 01 (6 successes)

Then slapped into a sustaining focus.
Blitz
Good reminder....mine is sustained as well!
Dashifen
I don't have my sheets at work, but I think Father's Intelligence was 8 after the cerebral booster. So:

10 09 08 04 03 03 01 01

Remember, though, he's in low-light so those numbers are effectively lower.
Shadow
Shadow

Mods (perceptive)

09 04 03 02 02 01
Complimentry (stealth)

14 09 05 04 03 03 03 02

and stealth roll for being all sneaky and quiet like.

17 05 04 03 03 03 01 01
Ecclesiastes
What is the plan of action here? Everyone has said they are ready, but I don't know what you are ready for. smile.gif
Buddha72
LOL!! Now you want plans!! SHEESH!! biggrin.gif

I was following the lead set by our more leader-like types. By the way I power up my weapon focuses as well.
Shadow
We are laying down suppressive fire with the incinerators and falling back by squads.... Apone?

Apone, I want you to fall back by squads with the incinerators....

----------------------------------------------------------

Brownie points to who ever gets it.

I think the plan is as follows.

I am going to take the lead and check for alarms and traps. Warpath is going to be behind me to deal with nay big nasties. Our two mages and Father are bringing up the rear.
Buddha72
Works for me. Going to cover the team with spell defense (using Sheilding) now.
Dashifen
Gorman was a prick. Nice reference though.
Shadow
He died well though.
Dashifen
true. and not as a bad as burke. damn company men
Shadow
I would have been very pleased with the 3rd movie if Rip had woken up and it had all been a dream... and then you could say all the Colonial Marines were still alive. That crew just had great chemistry.

I miss Hudson.

"17 days? Were not going to last 17 hours!"
Fenris
"Game over, man, game over!" wink.gif

Ayo will be floating then, roving from front to back and perceiving.
Ecclesiastes
I'm waiting on you guys to make your move.
Fenris
Moving forward 20 metres, simple actions to perceive until I see something worth noting (darkness modifiers should be reduced by -6, assuming no ones got a light): 9,5,3,1,4

Ecclesiastes
You have another 30 meters till you get to the junction where you head north. That is where the rats were spotted, though neither Shadow or Ayo have been able to spot them yet. No traps or anything either.
Shadow
I think it is safe to assume the group moves forward till we encounter something of significance.
Ecclesiastes
Shadow and Fenris, give me a reaction roll.
Fenris
Reaction test: 15 11 08 05 05 04 03 02 01

And since inevitably initiative follows reaction wink.gif: 04 03 02 01

Initiative total: 19
Ecclesiastes
TinkerGnome, you still out there? I need one from you too.

If I don't hear from him soon, I'll just NPC the character for a while.
Ecclesiastes
Shadow, still need reaction from you.
Shadow
Reaction:

13 07 05 04 03 02 02 01 01

init:

Ecclesiastes
Everyone else, give me init rolls, just so we can get that out of the way while I resolve the Surprise round.
Buddha72
Onna is at 25.
Ecclesiastes
Surprise Round

One Devil Rat attacks and surprises Shadow.

Two Devil Rats move to attack Fenris, but he gets the drop on them and has the surprise.

Shadow, resist 4M impact damage. And give me another body test on top of that.

Fenris, you have surprise on the two rats, what do you do?
Dashifen
Damn. I hate when this happens:

Initiative = 1d6 + 6 = 1 + 6 = 7. Stoopid deckers wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
I'm not going to have much access to a computer for the next few days, so don't expect anything from me till Monday.
Shadow
Shadow, resist 4M:

Armor: 8/6

Total TN: 2

Body: 10

11 08 05 05 04 03 02 02 02 01

Additional Body test:

11 09 08 05 04 04 02 02 01 01
Shadow
Ok, on the flips side, I am going to put two bursts in to the closest Rat (when it is my turn of course).

SMG: SCK M100
Mods: Shock Pads, GV2, UB weight, Low light Flashlight, SS
Ammo: XX

Burst 1:

11 05 04 02 01

Burst 2:

10 03 02 02 01
Blitz
Sorry I have been inactive...been VERY busy.

Initiative:
5+4d6
05:05:01:01 (blech)

Initiave=17

Also, I am considering an elemental manipulation. Can you describe the positioning so I know how to aim it best? or should I just cast and let you determine how it was done considering the situation?
Fenris
Two single shots, first one called (TN is +4 for called shot, -2 for smartlink, -2 for smartlink 2, and -1 for edge, eye light systems and low lights -6 for lighting):

Quick paranormal animal check: 11 11 05 01

First shot (called to ignore armor if possible, increase damage level if not): 11 10 05 05 05 04 04 04 04 03 03 03 03 03 02 02 02 02 02 02

Second shot (at first one if it's still standing, second target if first falls):
11 09 08 05 05 05 04 04 04 04 03 03 03 03 02 02 02 02 01 01

Kalididolagi damage 10M: Glazer rounds +2, un-armored increases damage level +1, armored is modified by twice highest rating.
Ecclesiastes
Blitz: Basicly, you have a hallway about 5 meters wide. You and Buddha are in the rear, Dash is in the center, with Fenris, Shadow, and Tink up front. Area effect spells will likely hit the frontline of your group, as the rats are right next to them.

First up in TinkerGnome, but I still haven't heard anything from him, so I'm gunna go ahead and NPC Warpath for now...
Ecclesiastes
Next up: Buddha72
Ecclesiastes
Also, one more question for Shadow and Fenris....

Are your guns silenced?
grendel
It's something of a moot point with Warpath ripping rounds from an Ares Alpha. smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
<snickers> Good point! I totally missed that part.

edit: Actually, he does have a sound surpressor for it, and being that he is doing controlled shots and not full auto, I'm sure he'd have that on rather than the gas vent.
Buddha72
Onna will activate her weapon foci and step in between the rats and Father.
Dashifen
At this point, Father puts the deck behind him and raises the supermach, but isn't too keen on using it.
Blitz
Ooo...I just realized the only manipulation I have is lightening bolt....I wonder, there is no thunder but is there significant sound associate with it? or just light?

If there is no appreciable sound, then she will target and "fire" on one of the rats, if it's going to be too noisy, then I will cast a second armor spell on Father.
Buddha72
Oh, I am assigning spell defense (all spell pool and sorcery) to the group in the sewers. biggrin.gif
Fenris
Both of my pistols are silenced.

Buddha72
Heading out of town on a mini-vacation (lost track of the dates) and I'll be back on Thursday afternoon. Feel free to NPC my character. Have fun all and see ya Thursday!
Dashifen
QUOTE (Blitz)
...then I will cast a second armor spell on Father.

You like me! You really like me! Oh wait .... no. It's just that we fail if I die ... wink.gif
Shadow
Silenced
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Blitz @ Aug 30 2004, 10:02 PM)
Ooo...I just realized the only manipulation I have is lightening bolt....I wonder, there is no thunder but is there significant sound associate with it? or just light?

If there is no appreciable sound, then she will target and "fire" on one of the rats, if it's going to be too noisy, then I will cast a second armor spell on Father.

I've never thought it had thunder, but more of that electric ZAP! sound that tesla coils make. Not too loud, but not completely silent.
Ecclesiastes
Next up is Shadow, then Fenris.
Ecclesiastes
Who wants to hear some really crappy news? You guys!? Great!

My laptop just died. A lot. No, worse than that. Its bad when the hard drive makes scratchy noises and the BIOS doesn't detect it anymore.

Why do you care? Cause I lost all my game notes and all the character sheets. The game notes I can just make up as I go along, I have most of it memorized by now, but the sheets I'm gunna need. Luckily I just printed out Warpath last night so I've got a hard copy of him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012