Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
A Clockwork Lime
APDS and AV should work just fine against Flesh-Forms, which are most likely what we'll be encountering if they're breeding them into paranormal critters like Young says. smile.gif
TinkerGnome
Flesh-forms won't kill us as fast as true forms (probably) so I'm wagering about three dozen force 8-10 true form spirits. That way, if it's less, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It'd be nice if we didn't have to deal with the insects at all... 25k isn't much for that kind of risk.
Blitz
Yes..that's what I was about to say...we really only need data...not dead spirits...
Grey
You'll be dealing with them, like it or not. Thats just a bonus for being thorough.
A Clockwork Lime
Bah. Cowards, the lot of ya. Good luck holding Scratch back if this bug rumor turns out to be true... there's no way he's going to let those perversions of nature get out and infect metahuman hosts again. If he finds any, they're going down. <insert stubborn smiley face here>
Shadow
@ Dash,

Hey, I am doing the negottiating and I am the night elf. ACL is the Satyr.
A Clockwork Lime
I PMed that to him. smile.gif He probably got confused by the smell. <wafts his hand a bit in Shadow's general direction>
Shadow
Just so you guys know that I am not being a dork, Shadow has a dependent that he takes his obligation too very seriously. And if he takes a job where he thinks the odds of him coming back are little to none, he makes sure that she is going to be setup.

Miss Young seems nice and honest and trustworthy. But we only have her word for it that she works for the Draco foundation. Which doesn't really mean anything anyways cause they are just another corp. So he is going to treat this job, and her like any other shadowrun. .
Fenris
Perhaps someone can enlighten me a bit on exactly what the big deal is with flesh form bug spirits? From everything I've read, they're not particularly more dangerous then your average runner with an assualt rifle. They don't have natural armor, which means they're suseptible to gunfire, and unless the host they inhabit was a prime runner before, they don't exactly become combat gods.
Shadow
The problem with bug spirits Fenris isn't that there tough. It's that they are bugs, and you never just run into one damn bug, you run into hundreds.

To quote Hicks.

"I say we dust off, and nuke the place from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."
A Clockwork Lime
I dunno about you, but there's quite a few paranormal critters out there that are a pain in the ass with an animal intelligence alone. Crank one up to human-intelligence or higher as a flesh-form in addition to the other perks they receive on top of that, and we're in for a real party.

Let's see. A Force 6 Mantid-Fenris Wolf flesh-form female will have Body 16 with 6 points of armor (not sure if its hardened or not), Quickness 11 (x4 running speed), Strength 12, Charisma 6, Intelligence 6, Willpower 6, Reaction 12, and an Initiative of 22+1D6. Powers include Animal Control (Mantids), Compulsion, Enhanced Sense (Smell), Fear, Share Minds, Summoning, and a good chance of having a few of the Fenris Wolf's powers on top of that (let's say just Enhanced Strength and Magical Guard). Note the human-level intelligence behind all of that in particular. And that doesn't include any cyberware Ares may have installed, either.
TinkerGnome
I didn't think flesh forms got hardened armor? In any case, spirit armor != hardened armor. Thank God for that.
A Clockwork Lime
Yeah, I was hoping I edited that before anyone read it. smile.gif I'll check to see what kind of armor it is in a moment.

Edit: It's just natural armor as far as I can tell.
TinkerGnome
A plea to you guys, please include your character name with every post that you can. There are a lot of us and some of us (mainly me) have a lot of trouble keeping screen names and character names straight.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Shadow)
@ Dash,

Hey, I am doing the negottiating and I am the night elf. ACL is the Satyr.

Yeah, I saw "shadow" and read "Scratch." My bad.
Dashifen
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime)
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Apr 21 2004, 02:04 PM)
I'm having a terminology break down in my head.  There's a deck add on that provides protection against black IC biofeedback, ECM or ECCM if I remember correctly -- or ICCM.  Something.  Without the right term, or access to my Matrix sourcebook until tomorrow afternoon, can anyone decifer what it is I'm looking for?  Thinking I might want to upgrade my deck a little before tackling this one if the funds are available and the dice are good to me.

Biofeedback Filter. You definitely want one of those. smile.gif I'm trying to find the price for one, but apparently it's going to take some calculations 'cause they're not available on the open market. (What the hell?)

That's the one. Stupid acronyms never made any sense to the lysdexic amoung us nyahnyah.gif Anyway, I think you have to actually install the biofeedback as a hardware component, IIRC, which puts it in the cyberterminal construction chapter of Matrix. Concidering my funds and what we got, I don't think I can afford it alone, but it might be time to see how well this team is willing to work together wink.gif If anyone wants to look up the basics go for it. If not, I'll be back at home with my books tomorrow afternoon and I'll know everything then from the horses mouth, so to speak.
TinkerGnome
ICCM Biofeedback Filter:

Design test mod +1
Software Rating MPCP, Multiplier 4
Cook test: yes
Installation time: (MPCPx2) days
Installation test: Computer B/R 4 and Computer (cybernetics) (MPCP rating) Test
Parts: 35 nuyen.gif x MPCP rating + 1000
Tools: Microtronics shop

In other words, it'll take a long time to do.
Shadow
@ TKG to help,

Shadow = Shadow
Grendel = Grendel
TKG = Warpath
Blitz = Silk
Buddha = Onna
Dash = Father
ACL = Scratch
Grey
And...

Fenris = Ayohuhisdi
Shadow
Oops, sorry Fenris.
Blitz
LOL

Poor Fenris....
Dashifen
I'm going to stick with the concept that orange text is spoken in Japanese.
A Clockwork Lime
My eyes are already beginning to weep. smile.gif
Blitz
why is that?

BTW...anyone else on AIM or Yahoo?
Fenris
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime @ Apr 21 2004, 02:12 PM)
I dunno about you, but there's quite a few paranormal critters out there that are a pain in the ass with an animal intelligence alone.  Crank one up to human-intelligence or higher as a flesh-form in addition to the other perks they receive on top of that, and we're in for a real party.

Let's see.  A Force 6 Mantid-Fenris Wolf flesh-form female will have Body 16 with 6 points of armor (not sure if its hardened or not), Quickness 11 (x4 running speed), Strength 12, Charisma 6, Intelligence 6, Willpower 6, Reaction 12, and an Initiative of 22+1D6.  Powers include Animal Control (Mantids), Compulsion, Enhanced Sense (Smell), Fear, Share Minds, Summoning, and a good chance of having a few of the Fenris Wolf's powers on top of that (let's say just Enhanced Strength and Magical Guard).  Note the human-level intelligence behind all of that in particular.  And that doesn't include any cyberware Ares may have installed, either.

If I read the stuff on the flesh forms right, they don't get any bonuses for merging with the host on phyiscal stats, and mental is just equal to the force of the spirit.

So an average human merged with a Force 6 (non-mantid) spirit would have Bod 9, Str 9, Quick 9, Int 6, Will 6, Cha 6, no armor besides what he puts on, no special powers or anything else. One for one, I'd be more worried about a troll, truthfully. Seems like it's more numbers then anything else we need to worry about.

AIM: Stormsbane
Yahoo: Quantumthoughts
MSN: Ganelganwn
A Clockwork Lime
Uhm, no. They'd have 6 points of armor and a bunch of powers and other perks.

Anyway, colored text just tend to hurt my eyes. No biggie. And yes, I use AIM and a few other services. You can smack me upside the head as the name "Necrotic Monkey" whenever you see me on.
Grey
AIM: Grey1976
Yahoo: Metis76
Blitz
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime)
Uhm, no. They'd have 6 points of armor and a bunch of powers and other perks.

Anyway, colored text just tend to hurt my eyes. No biggie. And yes, I use AIM and a few other services. You can smack me upside the head as the name "Necrotic Monkey" whenever you see me on.

Oh...dont have AIM...just MSN and Yahoo

Yahoo: Bluegurl337
MSN: bluegurl337

smile.gif
Grey
AIM is the way to go. I've got like 18 Dumpshockers on my contact list for AIM.
TinkerGnome
Heh, I misread flesh-form soldiers. They're worse than I thought wink.gif But the lack of armor will be their downfall.

Because we're dealing with an intentional program of summoning these things, we can't assume they're hive spirits, and they might even be Mantids. Hell, there might even be several different types present. If there are queens present, we're in for an extra layer of trouble because of the whole share minds thing.

Anyone know a good way to make yourself hard to see on the astral? Sneaking past dual natured critters is going to be impossible otherwise.

AIM: swordchucks1
TinkerGnome
Trillian is the only way to go wink.gif
Blitz
Looks like it's time to get trillian
Shadow
AOL = devil.gif

Grey
Only problem with Trillion is that I have a ton of problems getting it to work with File Sharing and with all the stuff I download from Clockwork, that just ain't gunna fly for me.
TinkerGnome
Heh. I've heard about other good multiplatform chat programs... I've just never seen one actually work.
Blitz
How do you make yourself invisible on Trillian?
A Clockwork Lime
<uses his Jedi mind tricks to wipe all traces of Grey's comments about my file sharing services from the minds of those who read it>

<hits him on the nose with a rolled-up newspaper after he finishes> Bad GM, bad!
Blitz
Im a woman, and therefore immune to all your attemps to alter my memory!
Grey
Who, me? You mean they actually bought that joke? Hahahaha! Fooled you!
Dashifen
This was fun tonight, guys. I have to run to play practice again so I'll be back in touch tomorrow morning EDT smile.gif

A Clockwork Lime
Totally missed the part about not having access to AIM. I can't say I blame a few of you. I absolutely loathe AOL and AIM, too. But oddly enough, AIM's the only instant messenger I've been able to use that can get around my wireless router's mucked up firewall on a regular basis. Go figure.

In any case, for those who have access to Yahoo, you'll be able to harrass me at the following address. I'm almost always invisible there, so don't be surprised if you don't see my name on.

Yahoo: feed_my_funkenstein
AIM: Necrotic Monkey

Those are really the only two that I keep running on a regular basis. But yeah, feel free to bug me if any of you just feel like talking about the game or something. No need to worry about interupting my busy schedule. biggrin.gif
Digital Heroin
AIM: PsychadelicTaco
Shadow
kelvaris@hotmail.com

but I am rarely on.

Same address for yahoo cept it's @yahoo
Grey
Right now I'm giving you guys time for role play, if you want me to push things foward and have Miss Young return, then let me know.
Shadow
Push things along!
Grey
In a bit I'll edit the map to include descritions of a few things on the map.
Grey
Done. Things are labeled now.

edit: I forgot to label the big thing on the right side of the building. That is a loading door, not a window or something like that.
Grey
For those who hate how big the map is, I did that so I could show more detail. If you want me to make a smaller one, let me know.
TinkerGnome
Heh, someone's not up to code wink.gif What else would you expect from a megacorp engaged in illicit research with the bugs?
Grey
eh?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012