Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Dashifen
I know how you feel. I lost everything because I installed SP2 a while back. Silly me for trying to keep current with Microsoft Windows Update or something. Course, now it's working okay, but I had to format C: *.* which is never a really good feeling. I'll get you Father tonight when I get back to my laptop.
Ecclesiastes
Oh yeah, my email address in case you lost it is ecclesiastes76(at)yahoo(dot)com
Shadow
QUOTE (Shadow)
Ok, on the flips side, I am going to put two bursts in to the closest Rat (when it is my turn of course).

SMG: SCK M100
Mods: Shock Pads, GV2, UB weight, Low light Flashlight, SS
Ammo: XX

Burst 1:

11 05 04 02 01

Burst 2:

10 03 02 02 01

Here you go.

Sorry about that Laptop dying...

And where exactly was your backup Mr. IT professional smile.gif I'll send you my character sheet soon.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Shadow @ Sep 1 2004, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (Shadow @ Aug 27 2004, 10:32 AM)
Ok, on the flips side, I am going to put two bursts in to the closest Rat (when it is my turn of course).

Burst 1:

11 05 04 02 01

Burst 2:

10 03 02 02 01

Here you go.

Sorry about that Laptop dying...

And where exactly was your backup Mr. IT professional smile.gif I'll send you my character sheet soon.

Those shots already took place, well one did, the other didn't have a target cause you couldn't see the other rats at the time. Its a new round.

As for backups, it is technically my works computer, so I can't really backup personal data on our network. dead.gif

The nice thing is that because it is a work laptop, I got to replace it right away (with an even better model spin.gif )
grendel
Grendel sent.
Shadow
Sorry guys, this week and last are killers (begining of the fall semester here) I will try and get you my sheet Ec.
Ecclesiastes
Ok, sorry for the downtime, pushing foward again.

Shadow, I still need another set of rolls for this action (already asked once). If I don't get them by the end of the day, I'll roll for you.
Shadow

Burst 1:

16 10 07 04 02

Burst 2:

04 03 01 01 01
Ecclesiastes
Shadow
First shot kills, second shot misses.

Go ahead and post IC for yourself.

Fenris
You're up next.
Fenris
Can we get a sit-rep at the beginning of each round?
Ecclesiastes
sit-rep?
Shadow
Sit-rep is military jargon for Situation Report. It means can you tell me what is going on.
Ecclesiastes
My bad, I should have been doing that all along, but I've been paying more attention to stuff going on at work than the game. Shame on me. wink.gif

So far you guys have four rats downed, leaving eight more. Anyone with any knowledge of animals can tell they are spooked (having not seen you coming except for the three that surprised you) and will likely run as soon as they get a chance.

As far as possitions, they are all in front of the group, with Ayo, Shadow, and Warpath to face them.
Fenris
Sorry about the jargon wink.gif
grendel
You can blame me. smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
I'll keep that in mind when the rockets start flying. vegm.gif
Ecclesiastes
Fenris, you gunna make a move?
Fenris
Errr....just waiting to throw them off guard?
Fenris
Two more single shots, feel free to adjust my numbers as necessary, since I don't know all the modifiers in this particular situation:

1st , call the shot to increase damage level if I still don't think they're armored, to avoid armor if I think they are, +4, -2 for Smartgun link II, -2 for smartgun link, +0 for vision modifiers (eye lights and low light), -1 for Aptitude: 3,5,3,1,4,1,2,8,5,1,1,5,14,4,1,8,5,10,5,1

Base Damage with the rounds and the called shot before successes should be: 12D

2nd shot, unable to call the shot, TN should have a total of -3 (-2 smartgun -1 aptitude): 3,9,7,,4,1,4,5,1,4,3,14,11,5,3,3,4,4,4,2,3

Base damage before successes: 12S

If there are penalties I'm unaware of, I do have centering to drive the target numbers down a little farther wink.gif
Ecclesiastes
Fenris caps two more rats. (post it IC)

Blitz is up.
Blitz
has the armor spell on father already gone off?
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, that has been taken care of.
Blitz
Casting Clout (Force 4) D at the nearest rat

Elemental Manipulation so it's treated as a ranged attack. The only modifier I am aware of is the +2 for astral vision so I should be looking at TN6 (correct?) Impact Armor resists.

Sorcery (6) + Rusion (5) + Totem Modifier (2) + Spell Pool (2) (15 total)
17:14:10:10:07:07:05:05:04:04:04:03:02:01:01

6 successes

Drain 2D
Willpower 8
15:04:04:03:03:03:02:01

7 successes - soaked

4D Stun with 5 extra successes (not sure how staging works on elemental manipulations.
Ecclesiastes
You all can hear rats still moving around and whatnot, but the cannon fodder appear happy to leave you guys alone.
Blitz
Pardon...thanks to Grendel for reminding me of the success needed to stage down from deadly. Need 1 more, will through in 2 spell pool to do the trick.

Spell pool (2) TN 2
04:03

Yay
Ecclesiastes
D'oh! I missed that too. Thats what I get for taking my players at their word. You dirty rotten cheaters!

Ahem... nevermind, continue on, just a little needed outburst.

edit: Man I should have slept more last night... I'm all goofy today.
Blitz
Same thing I did with Moira, but slightly less ambitious.

Conjuring 2 Force 6 Great City Spirits.

1st:
Initial Conjuration
Conjuring (6) TN 6
15:09:05:04:03:02 = 2 Successes

Drain 6M
Willpower (8)
15:08:087:07:07:03:03:02 = 5 successes Woot! but here comes the hard one...

Great Form Conjuration
Conjuring (6) TN 12
16:11:09:04:02:02 = 1 success...barely

MegaDrain! 12M - 4 for initiate grade = 8M
Willpower (8) + Rusion (5)
16:11:10:10:08:05:03:02:02:02:01:01:01 = 5 Successes...now to do it again.

1st:
Initial Conjuration
Conjuring (6) TN 6
10:05:05:04:03:01 = 1 success
Karma!
10:08:05:03:02 = 2 more successes

Drain 6M
Willpower (8)
17:11:10:05:05:03 = 3 successes
Karma!
09:04:02 = 1 more success

Great Form Conjuration
Conjuring (6) TN 12
20:08:05:04:02:02 = 1 Success

MegaDrain! 12M - 4 for initiate grade = 8M
Willpower (8) + Rusion (5)
11:11:09:08:05:04:03:03:03:02:02:01:01 = 4 Successes

Ok. Summary, 2 Force 6 Greater City Spirits
2 Services on the first - Call him Bob
3 Services on the second - Call him Steve
Using my 2 allocatable points to add armor of 2 to each of them.

B: 7
Q: 24
S: 4
C: 6
I: 6
W: 6
E: 6A (dont know what this is)
R: 7
Init: 26 +1d6 astral / 17 + 1d6
Attacks: 4M
Accident, Concealment, Confusion, Fear, Guard, Materialization, Search, Divination
Ecclesiastes
You forgot one thing... background count of 1 here. Lucky for you, the difference between 6 and 7 is moot.

Oh yes, one other thing... <rolls secret GM Dice of Doom>
Blitz
Evil!
Ecclesiastes
Eh. You lucked out and I didn't get to be evil.
Shadow
Hey, ECC. I don't have access to Shadowmans sheet right now. If it can wait a few hours for perception and the like then were fine. If not feel free to roll them for me.
Ecclesiastes
Perception for Shadow: 16 05 04 03 03 01
Dashifen
I think we may have just found our enhanced "friend" smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
Rolls some stuff for Warpath... you guys lucked out, I was gunna let you frag yourselves... He was the only one with the right knowledge skill (well except Grendel, but he isn't much help at the moment).
Dashifen
Love the aliens reference, Shadow wink.gif
Shadow
Thanks. I always try to work them in. Since I walk around quoting them chapter and verse in real life.

Ecclesiastes
Freak. nyahnyah.gif
Ecclesiastes
I need to know the order in which the group is lined up. Shadow is in the front, with Warpath behind him. Then what? Keep in mind you can fit two wide.

Blitz: You have an ally spirit, right? What is it up to at the moment?
Dashifen
Father's in the second to last row wink.gif
grendel
QUOTE (Ecclesiastes)
except Grendel, but he isn't much help at the moment

Hey now, no need to get mean. smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
Its your punishment for making people use language I don't understand. nyahnyah.gif
Buddha72
Are we going single file or two abreast?

Perception (remember dual natured) to see if I can see the uber rat
08 05 05 03 02 01 01

if sound-based, add these bad boys in
08 04 02 01 01

My ally spirit is currently in my locket in the I-ching coin form.
Ecclesiastes
I'll have stuff for your perception check as soon as I have the order you are all walking.
Blitz
I apologize for my lack of interaction. Financial woes have forced me to cancel my internet service at home, but I will be able to make regular appearances when at work. My schedule is a bit wonky (10pm - 7am Friday night-Wednesday Morning) so please be patient with me!

Rusion is currently in the form of a silver cat pendant around her neck.

BTW...Spell defense and shielding is up.

I would assume that we are Warpath and Shadow, then Silk and Father, then Ayo and Onna.
Ecclesiastes
Seems reasonable. I'll have another update for you guys when I get to work on Monday.

Let the fun begin!
Dashifen
QUOTE (Blitz)
I would assume that we are Warpath and Shadow, then Silk and Father, then Ayo and Onna.

Works for me.
Ecclesiastes
Fenris: give me a perception check.
Fenris
Perception: 10 05 03 03 02

True Sight (vs. any illusion spells or illusion based critter powers, if applicable): 05 03
Ecclesiastes
You hear the thump behind you as well.
Buddha72
Are we going into a surprise round or combat?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012