Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Grey
I just chatted with Digital Heroin and he is gunna take the 8th slot.
Buddha72
I will type Onna up and send her to you tomorrow.
Digital Heroin
'ello all, late addition to the roster it would seem. I'm going to be bringing over some firepower from another thread in the form of Immortal, everyone's favorite angry, crude, seemingly unkillable, magical threat killing daisy eater.
Grey
Except your going to be more of a regular poster... right...?

(in both games wink.gif )
Digital Heroin
Hell yeah, I'm kicking my own ass into shape, getting more active both on the boards and physically... sleep, my friends, is not the enemy, unless it's all you do...
Dashifen
Father is almost done -- just working on his backstory.
Grey
@Blitz

I got your PM about your character and had a few questions, but when I replied I was told your mailbox is full. Can you clean that up a little so I can reply to your message please?
Grey
HOUSE RULE

Two things involving contacts. As experianced characters, it makes since you'd have more contacts. Everyone gets a free number on contacts equal to their Charisma*2. Level 1 contacts go for 1 points, Level 2 for 3, and Level 3 for 5.

Secondly, I use a house rule for Superior Contacts. You can pay twice the ammount for a contact and he/she is considered to be one of the best in their field. In other words you can take a Street Doc and he is an average Doc, but you can also pay twice the ammount for him and he would be one of the best in the Spawl.

Those should be fairly simple, but let me know if you have any questions.
Shadow
Since I am using a character that is already been played can I leave his contacts the way they are? I really don't want to modify him if it is at all possible.
Grey
No prob. Shoot him over to me.
grendel
Grendel's contacts as listed on his character sheet conform almost precisely to your house rule. If you'd like, to bring them completely in-line, I'll treat his fixer contact Zoe as superior. I have stats for both Thorinn and Silver if you'd like them.
Grey
I don't need the stats, just mark them as Superior as needed. And I've met Zoe in other games, so I'm familiar with her.
Blitz
All cleared up Grey...send away!
Grey
Ok, so far I've got solid concepts from:

A Clockwork Lime
Grendel
Buddha72
Digital Heroin

Everyone is the ideas are still in the idea phase (at least for me, Shadow's character may be done, but I haven't seen it yet).

DH, Lime, and Buddha72: I need finalized sheets from you still as well.

And just so you guys know, Visio Pro rocks! I made a map yesterday of your first target and it worked great. I could draw the parking lot and place cars into it and have delivery trucks and everything. If anyone wants a copy, let me know.
Digital Heroin
Would love to get my hands on Viso... hell, you've seen my maps...

As for the sheet, I thought I sent Immortal your way, did I not?
Grey
You did... think you can clean it up for me though? smile.gif

Bah, nevermind, I'll do it myself.
TinkerGnome
Wooo, the new Visio? What's the learning curve like from the older versions? I'm running a clunky copy from before the wheel was invented, though my boss has told me that an order for the new version is in wink.gif

With our company, that could be years, though. [/lurk]
Shadow
Sorry Grey, it has been a hectic week. I havent played Shadow online since Forbidden Bridge so I had to re transfer him to digital. Expect him before Saturday.
Grey
No problem, like I said, I'm in no hurry. I was just bumping the thread to remind people I'm still here. smile.gif
grendel
It's vaguely reassuring to know that I'm the only psycho here who keeps current electronic copies of all his characters. Plus gear, contacts and history. At work and at home. On my laptop. And my palm pilot. Errrrr..
Digital Heroin
I'd have 'em on my Palm, but it's dead... frown.gif
grendel
Didn't pay your SOTA increase, did you? smile.gif
Grey
QUOTE (grendel)
It's vaguely reassuring to know that I'm the only psycho here who keeps current electronic copies of all his characters. Plus gear, contacts and history. At work and at home. On my laptop. And my palm pilot. Errrrr..

You're not the only one...
A Clockwork Lime
I'd never create an electronic copy of mine. That's just not my style.
Digital Heroin
QUOTE (grendel)
Didn't pay your SOTA increase, did you? smile.gif

As evidence by the Palm pilot, the three broken scanners, and the 11 lb. laptop lying about in my room, aye...
Shadow
I have electronic copies of all my current characters... Shadow and Ivan got lost somehow. I would keep em in my palm if I could afford one smile.gif
Shadow
Shadow away!
Dashifen
I'll have father to you after Easter. My connection to the 'net will be spotty over the weekend as I hang with the family and what not but on Monday I'll be good to go.
Grey
Ok, I've got finished sheets from Grendel, Shadow, and Digital Heroin. I'm still waiting on the rest of them.
Buddha72
(waves hand)

What about me? wink.gif
Grey
Was yours the final version? I thought you were still working on it. Sorry bout that. Do me a favor, resend it to me.
Blitz
I really havent forgotten about this...Ill be doing the final copy tonight. PROMISE!
Dashifen
DITTO! I'm tryin to learn my lines for Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream. I'm playing Bottom and I need to know my lines by Monday the 19th (GAH!). I basically have everything done but his deck and utilities -- not that they're important to a decker or anything wink.gif
Buddha72
I'll resend Onna today.
Grey
Thanks smile.gif
A Clockwork Lime
Dude... Bottoms rocks! Congrats on getting the part, even if it obviously happened a while ago. biggrin.gif

Do we have a target date yet for when you want all the finished characters in so we can get started, Grey?
Grey
Well, I wanted to get started today, but I am still working on some of the details for the first part of the story, so I'm fine if you need more time. I would like to open the IC thread by friday at the latest, that way you guys can have the weekend to free form a bit before showing up at the meet.
A Clockwork Lime
No later than Friday morning. Check.
Grey
The address given is for a steak house in Downtown. Thats right, a steak house, with real meat. Very nice place. Meet time is 5pm tomorrow.

I wanted to start off the game with some flavor from you guys, so feel free to describe in detail what your character has been up to and will be up to until the meet time.
Grey
Grendel: Give me a perception check.
grendel
7, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 2, 1
Grey
FYI - I added the game start date to the first post.
Digital Heroin
He's not going to Jimmy for info, just to talk guns, part of contact maintanence. He'll head to the meet from the gun show.
Dashifen
Father is just going to clean the video feeds off his deck and then mail the chip to his other employer then relax for the rest of the day. I'll post a pre-meet message when others get done with having more to do.

-- Dash --
Blitz
Assensing Roll for Psychometry metamagic technique (fyi...success table located on pg. 50 of SOTA) Standard TN should be 6 if it was left less than a day, which I assume is the case.

Int: 6
Aura Reading: 8

I believe that would be 4 successes total...
A Clockwork Lime
While Scratch was looking over the card, he was checking it out on both sides, too. And even though I just did it for flavor text purposes, I'll include his Perception and Chemical Analyzer tests as well just in case the information comes in handy in the future. I'll adjust the post if necessary. smile.gif

Astral Perception Test (Intelligence + Astral Pool): 1 3 11 1 2 5 5 2 4 10 5 16
Olfactory and Improved Scent Perception Test (-4 TN bonus): 3 5 2 8 3 8 9 9 8 2 3 2 1 5 5 2
Chemical Analyzer Test: 4 14 4 1 3 5 2 2 5 11 5 1
Hearing Perception Test (-4 TN bonus): 2 2 2 7 5 3 13 4 1 3 1
Dashifen
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime @ Apr 13 2004, 12:33 PM)
Dude... Bottoms rocks!  Congrats on getting the part, even if it obviously happened a while ago. biggrin.gif

Hey! Thanks. I didn't notice this before. smile.gif

Is Scratch a Satyr, ACL?
A Clockwork Lime
For the most part, yes. smile.gif Think of him as a spikebaby Changeling; I always hated that stupid picture in the Companion, not to mention the associated rules (a clumsy Satyr with a Charisma penalty?), so I used the SURGE rules to "create" a more believable take on one. smile.gif
Grey
Monday morning I plan on starting the meet, so try to have whatever posts you need done pre-meet done before then. I'll do my best to take or of anything you guys need before Monday.
A Clockwork Lime
Out of curiosity, what are the odds that any of us knows one another? We're all pretty much professionals with a decent to good reputation, so I'm sure at least a couple of us may have worked with one another at least once or twice in the past.

Any suggestions for intercharacter synergy like that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012