Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Infection
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Grey
OOC Thread for the Infection game.

This game in closed.
A Clockwork Lime
I have no solid concept at the moment, but I'm leaning towards a Paranormal Hunter (similar to one we discussed in PMs, Grey) or a professional Hermetic or Path Magician type. I'm going to fidget around a bit and see which one appeals to me the most.

EDIT: Where are we going to be starting the game, and what's the time frame?
Grey
Note to Players: Feel free to come up with custom stuff. Metamagic, spells, gear, whatever. You guys are good, so give me your ideas.
A Clockwork Lime
Ooh, in that case I might try an idea for an Aethermancer concept I've had for a while. He's basically a master at exploring and working on the Astral Plane while projecting and is in possession of a Materialization-like metamagic technique in addition to one that lets him fully step into the Astral.

Decisions, decisions.

And please see the EDIT in my previous post. smile.gif
Blitz
Im thinking of going skillwired doctor with heavily basis in forensic science.
Grey
Game will be starting out in Seattle. As for a time frame, I'm not worried about the start date just yet, I'm willing to give you guys time to come up with solid characters and backgrounds.
A Clockwork Lime
I meant, what game year will we be starting? smile.gif
Grey
Heh... I knew that. Summer of 2063.
grendel
I've submitted a rigger for the game.
TinkerGnome
Wait, what do you mean by "closed"? Just curious since I see submissions, etc, past the note of a "closed" game (of course, if Infection didn't sound so close to Virus I probably never would have looked wink.gif
Grey
That just ment that it wasn't an open invite game is all.
Shadow
Grey, do we have to make a new character? Or can we play one that has about the same Karma rating? I have 2 or 3 characters that fit the bill (between 50 and 100 karma). I am not a big fan of making a new character then having him artifically bumped up. I will do it if the game requires... for instince, if we are all supposed to have been working together from day one.

@ Grendel, are you playing Grendel?
Digital Heroin
This is me confused by wording. The game's closed?
Grey
Yeah, I'm not accepting any more players at the moment. If spots open up, I'll let ya know.

@Shadow: Yeah, thats no problem. The closer to 100 the better though. And if you have one around 50 and want to give it a bump, thats fine too.
A Clockwork Lime
Just to let everyone know, I've decided to focus on a Satyr Adept with experience as a paranormal hunter, but not a dedicated one.
Shadow
I have two possibilities,

Shadow, a cybered night elf Face/B&E.

Ivan, a kid-at-heart death machine of a troll who's main weapon is paired dikoted cyberspurs.

I am kind of waiting to see what we need before we decide, plus I need to clear Ivan with Grendel, since the big lug is going to be in one of his games... eventually.
A Clockwork Lime
Well if it helps you decide, I was thinking about going with paired spurs as well. smile.gif
Shadow
Well if the close combat thing is covered I may go with my namesake then. Ivan is cool though, 21S with the spurs sure is fun!
A Clockwork Lime
eek.gif

That's all I have to say about that. biggrin.gif
Dashifen
I'm willing to play just about anything but a rigger, but we have one of those. I could play a decker. How much programming time would I have in advance if a decker did I play, Grey?

Sorry, had to turn the phrase for a good rhyme.

Oh and ... WHEE!! The DCRS is in Shadow's sig. I feel so cool right now smile.gif
A Clockwork Lime
Good lord. Please disregard my drunken self. Thanks.
Buddha72
I have a couple of thoughts/concepts.....

Wind - Wise Warrior shaman. Very native, uses a tomahawk and a bow. Plays a combat mage with a focus of support magic and combat spells.

Onna - Physical Mage/Wu Jen Fox Shapeshifter. Quite a mouthful......she plays a traditional samurai type. Great with swords and mostly all support types spells. Utility mage.

Joli - Hermetic Mage, all about elemental manipulations and battle magic.

Any preference?

Shadow
Joli looks good to me.
grendel
Shadow, you can use Ivan. And yes, I'm using Grendel.
Large Mike

Gren, remind me, was that the one that 'didn't' speak english? If so, I might throw 75 extra karma at Case and use him... or maybe not. On second thought, Case doesn't work here at all.
Blitz
Grendel...Oh...damn....now you make me want to play Blitz!

But I'll refrain....how soon do you expect to begin? I may need a bit of time to come up with something...

Buddha...ONNA ONNA ONNA! smile.gif
grendel
Large Mike: No, you're thinking of Jubei, my adept that I was playing at Gen Con.
Shadow
Thanks for the OK Grendel. It looks like Clock is going to have the close combat arena covered, and I would like to be somewhat original. So I am going to go with my namesake, which is cool cause Him and Grendel have worked together before. So that will be a neat roleplaying experience.
A Clockwork Lime
Grey, can we buy or sell some of that additional Karma? Is so, at what ratio? I believe the suggested ration in the SRComp is 1,000¥:1 or something like (2D6×100¥):1, but don't quote me on that.
Dashifen
I'm thinking of a decker with some high level programming skills that's skilled in performing overwatch activities (high spoof and browse utilities, etc). Plus, I'm thinking that, depending on the amount of programming time that I get, that he'd have a few frames, maybe an agent, that he'd be able to utilize to help him out as well. Maybe a nice combat agent to take care of IC while he deals with other problems. He'll probably have some combat capabilities just so that he can hold his own if he has to go onsite. Basic concept will be an middle aged human decker, maybe around 40 who's been around for it all, almost since the awakening. He saw the Crash, he was around for Echo Mirage, he was watching the Renraku Archology shutdown, etc. Probably not as awesome as Dodger, but definately someone with a matrx/street reputation -- a legend if you will.

Edit: Also, Grey, what are the rating/availability limits? Cultured Bioware on creation?
Grey
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime)
Grey, can we buy or sell some of that additional Karma? Is so, at what ratio? I believe the suggested ration in the SRComp is 1,000¥:1 or something like (2D6×100¥):1, but don't quote me on that.

5000 to 1 works for me.
Grey
Dash... sorry man, I should have put in the original post that I didn't want to deal with Decking. If you have your heart truely set on it, maybe we can work something out though.
Dashifen
It's your call. I can make a whiz-bang decker with 1.5 million and the right avail/rating limits (can you say Fairlight Excalibur, I knew you could). But reviewing the thread so far we have:

• AClockwork Lime: Paranormal hunter
  • Blitz: skillwired doctor
  • grendel: rigger
  • Shadow: Face/B&E
  • Bhudda72: combat shaman, adept mage fox shifter, or hermetic mage

Since Shadow threw in a vote for Bhudda, I can start thinking about a shaman concept. Maybe one of the classic "good" totems like Dog or something. However, same question I had for the Decker: how much time would such a character have for initations, spell design, etc. after character creation before game time. There are a few custom spells I could put together for him -- all pending your approval -- and having a few metamagics are always nice.
Grey
Well, I was gunna NPC the decker just to make things easy on me, but screw it. Go for it. No programing time upfront though, you'll have to buy the stuff.
A Clockwork Lime
"Paranormal Hunter" doesn't really fit my character's concept, even though he's a licensed one. A more apt description would be "Hired Gun" despite the fact that he's not particularly good with a gun (not that he's a bad shot, he just shines in melee, athletics, and stealth... and he's got quite the bloodhound's nose on him, too).

Basically, he's probably the group's muscle. With a Strength of 6. But the theory stands.
Buddha72
I have decided to go with Onna, so pencil me in as a Wu Jen Physical Mage. She is skilled in the edged weapons and the bow. Mostly utility spells with a light sprinkling of combat magic.
Fenris
  • AClockwork Lime: Melee muscle
  • Blitz: skillwired doctor
  • grendel: rigger
  • Shadow: Face/B&E
  • Bhudda72: adept mage fox shifter
  • Dashifen: Wiz-bang decker
Sounds like a pretty complete list. Put me down for an awakened sniper/pistol adept.

Grey, what are the availability/rating maximums? Cultured bioware? Beta cyberware?
Grey
Have at.

The only things I wanted to restrict was MilSpec armor and if I think you go too overboard with the gear I may nix a few things.
Shadow
Grey I am a little swamped at the moment, I think I may have over extended myself a little. I will need till the end of the week to get you Shadow. I have to find him and then translate him to electronic form. I hope this doesn't delay the game.
Grey
Not at all, I'm still planning a few of the layouts and whatnot for the game. I was letting everyone know about the game early on so you can take your time getting the characters together.
A Clockwork Lime
Thank god. It always takes me forever to put together a decent character. Damn my Libra decision-making skills. mad.gif
Blitz
Actually...I have completely shifted my idea...but it's a really specialized concept that I want to discuss with Grey...suffice it to say a magical type with heavy research background.
Grey
Shoot me a PM about it.

So it looks like everyone but Large Mike is in, leaving one slot open.
Large Mike

So, you're not so big on that idea I shot you in PM, then?
Grey
You didn't get my reply?
Dashifen
It's all so mysterious --- not getting these pm's smile.gif
A Clockwork Lime
Cue the spooky X-Files music.
Large Mike

No, I didn't.
Grey
Sent you one again Mike.

How are the character concepts coming along?
A Clockwork Lime
Fantabulously. Just a little bogged down with other things at the moment, but I should be able to devote myself to Ol' Scratch in the near future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012