Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Melpomene
On Mel's next IP, she's going to try to Matrix Perception the car that tried to hit us.
Chrome Head
Not much Snap can do. She'll try to see if she can recognize the driver or passenger from the other car.
Jack VII
Lots of negative modifiers to hit and way too many defensive bonuses for passengers in cars (at least +7 to their defense test). Probably just going to try and shoot a car or something...
PraetorGradivus
I will do a simple action to go from vr-cold to vr-hot.
Simple action to try and locate an alley/sidestreet that i can do a hairpin turn into...
Lobo0705
Hello all,

I got a PM from PG that he will not have ready access to his computer for a little while. Because of that, I'm making an executive decision to resolve this little high-speed chase, rather than hold up the whole adventure, since combat (especially Chase Combat) will take forever otherwise.

IC Post up shortly.
PraetorGradivus
Ok, have replaced my car that was totaled- yippee, car payments. blah.

I'll have internet from about EST 1pm-430pm on Tue/Thur/Sat from dialysis

On Mon/Wed/Fri I'll try and be at the library, McDonald's or Starbucks for several hours- again after 1pm EST probably.

Sunday- it's not football season yet so same as Mon etc

As my PC and router are now in evidence at the police out of state, I really don't see me getting them back for months, maybe longer...

If stupid Comcast would give me a different IP, I could get a new router and hook up at home again...but they won't without a court order saying I have an order of protection. They won't block the hacker's IP from accessing my IP either without said order. So their's no point in getting a new router till he's in jail.

So, if you are waiting on me, and I haven't replied by 5pm EST, just do an appropriate action- I can live with the consequences. That's better than holding you guys up.
Melpomene
Mel is going to Matrix Perception any other SILENT devices running within 100 meters of our car.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Melpomene @ Mar 24 2015, 09:30 PM) *
Mel is going to Matrix Perception any other SILENT devices running within 100 meters of our car.

Sorry for the delay - your Matrix Perception test comes up with several silent devices, all of them appear to be other cars. (Given the number of icons and the number of cars on the road, you can assume most are parked).
Melpomene
Okay, then as often as she can, Mel will continue making Perception checks to try to keep a constant eye on any/all devices in their vicinity.
Jack VII
I've got inventory this weekend and a lot of work to do to prep before hand, so I probably will be very limited in my posting. Someone feel free to take the lead!
Chrome Head
Ok, first we should send a drone in to do recon on the building and surroundings. Then how about Snap casts Detect Life on Jack, who takes point as we clear the area? Sisco and Mel can stay behind with Huiqing and the car until we think it's safe.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Mar 27 2015, 09:45 AM) *
Ok, first we should send a drone in to do recon on the building and surroundings. Then how about Snap casts Detect Life on Jack, who takes point as we clear the area? Sisco and Mel can stay behind with Huiqing and the car until we think it's safe.

Ok, so:

1) Since Mel and Jack rebooted their devices, they no longer have Mark's on Grease's drones. Mel can of course hack and put new Mark's on them with no real issue (since she can jack directly into them) it is just worth mentioning that as soon as she does so, she starts her GOD score again - not a big deal, just making sure everyone is on the same page.

Sisco of course has his Eye Drone, although not sure if he is going to pull that out, so to speak (and to be honest, it is kind of gross anyway wink.gif)

2) Casting Detect Life isn't an issue - will you be sustaining Analyze Truth with your Focused Concentration for now?
Melpomene
Mel will put a new mark on the drone (or rather, the necessary number of marks). ASDF is 3/6/5/5. Programs are Virtual Machine, Baby Monitor, Stealth, and Toolbox.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Melpomene @ Mar 27 2015, 09:36 AM) *
Mel will put a new mark on the drone (or rather, the necessary number of marks). ASDF is 3/6/5/5. Programs are Virtual Machine, Baby Monitor, Stealth, and Toolbox.

Ok - no problem:

Hacking + Logic =12, jacked directly in so no noise, I'm assuming you duck into VR, which is +2 more dice.

14d6.hits(5)=3, 14d6.hits(5)=8

It rolls 4 dice to resist:

4d6.hits(5)=2, 4d6.hits(5)=1

Current OS=3

So you have 2 Marks on the drone, you should be good to go for most things smile.gif

Is that on the Fly Spy or the Microskimmer?

Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Mar 27 2015, 09:45 AM) *
Then how about Snap casts Detect Life on Jack, who takes point as we clear the area?

One question - what Force will you cast the Detect Life on Jack at - the range of the sense is Force x Magic in meters.
Jack VII
Just posting really quick, I'm good with the plan. Based on what the drone shows, he may leave his SMG in the van for the initial recon, relying on his holdout pistol and handblade if things go sideways. He doesn't really want to shoot any of the squatters.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 27 2015, 09:50 AM) *
Just posting really quick, I'm good with the plan. Based on what the drone shows, he may leave his SMG in the van for the initial recon, relying on his holdout pistol and handblade if things go sideways. He doesn't really want to shoot any of the squatters.

Ok - I'm going to assume you have loaded Sneaking (4) and either Automatics (4) or Pistols (4) depending on which weapon you bring.

Melpomene
That will be the Flyspy.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Mar 27 2015, 09:49 AM) *
One question - what Force will you cast the Detect Life on Jack at - the range of the sense is Force x Magic in meters.

Force 5, for 30m range and more importantly 2S drain only. And yes I'd keep Analyze truth going for now, and incur the -2 dice penalty from sustaining detect life -4 penalty for sustaining both spells (just realized they are both too high force for her focused concentration). Jack is now making use of a sixth and a seventh sense... enjoy wink.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Mar 27 2015, 01:27 PM) *
Force 5, for 30m range and more importantly 2S drain only. And yes I'd keep Analyze truth going for now, and incur the -2 dice penalty from sustaining detect life. Jack is now making use of a sixth and a seventh sense... enjoy wink.gif

Ok - so:

Magic 6 and Spellcasting 6, -1 die for wounds
11d6.hits(5)=5

Nicely done!

ETA - you should have had a -2 dice penalty for the Analyze Truth - but even with only 9 dice, you still got 5 hits smile.gif

Now to resist Drain
13 dice, 2DV
13d6.hits(5)=5

So no drain.

You and Mel can put up IC posts - and waiting on PG for input on what he is doing.
Jack VII
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Mar 27 2015, 10:07 AM) *
Ok - I'm going to assume you have loaded Sneaking (4) and either Automatics (4) or Pistols (4) depending on which weapon you bring.

Sounds good. I'll go Wireless On the Skilljack if I can slave it to Mel's deck again. Then I'll load Unarmed as well. He's hoping that, worst case, he's just going to have to punch a few people to make a point.
PraetorGradivus
At this point there is nothing for me to do but stay alert and wait for the recon to be done.
Lobo0705
Ok - so I will throw up an IC post covering:

1) Mel's hacking
2) Snap's spellcasting
3) The "plan"
4) The drone's observation (if any)

If you guys need anything else, just ask - and obviously feel free to post stuff IC.
Melpomene
"Danger Zone"? LOL
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Melpomene @ Mar 27 2015, 05:56 PM) *
"Danger Zone"? LOL

I had something for that... smile.gif

Should I just continue?
PraetorGradivus
Turn left towards evil
Melpomene
Please do. smile.gif
Lobo0705
Jack,

I just need you to let me know if you are bringing the pistol or the SMG. Not that you will necessarily need either, but we should know before we go any further.

I've uploaded a picture of the factory floor - obviously it is dark, although your vision enhancements will alleviate that to a large degree. As you can see, there are conveyor belts and other machinery all around the space, blocking your line of sight after more than 10 or 20 meters at most in any given direction.

What would you like to do?

Also, I'm assuming that the rest of you aren't doing anything as Jack explores? If that isn't the case, please tell me.
Jack VII
I guess better to be safe than sorry, I'll bring both, with the SMG as primary.

As for my actions, I'm going to clear the perimeter first, specifically checking any offices that might work well for a place to hole up. Considering the layout of the plant, I'd like to ask Mel to send the Fly-Spy into the rafters to give a bird's eye view of the bottling floor.

I am also going to go ahead and turn WIRELESS ON my gear that provides wireless bonuses, setting them to Silent Mode and slaved to my link.

Skillsoft Loaded: Automatics (4), Sneaking (4), and Unarmed Combat (4)
Melpomene
Mel will send the Fly-Spy in as recon support for Jack.
Jack VII
If the door is open, Jack is going to use the Slice the Pie combat maneuver to gain a defensive bonus. Defensive bonus = hit scored.
Lobo0705
So - I made a mistake in post#408 in the IC thread, I put 5:15 instead of 5:55 which caused the next two posts to be wrong - if PG and Jack can just fix theirs, that would be great.

I think it is free RP at this point as to what (if any) precautions you want to take as you set up shop.
PraetorGradivus
When we get in to the building I guess I'll take a Int + Wil [4] test to see if I can sleep for 4 hours....

7d6.hits(5) → [1,1,1,4,4,1,2] = (0)
7d6.hits(5)=0

By failing, normally it takes two hours to recover stun per roll instead of 1 and edge doesn't refresh for another 24 hours instead of 8.
With the critical glitch, I assume I recover no stun damage and have to wait two hours to try again.
Bah humbug.
Lobo0705
Ok, so Sisco is going to attempt to rest, but his Insomnia will prevent him from healing any damage.

Jack and Snap will also attempt to rest - Let me roll at least the first hour now (still waiting to hear about what precautions Snap will take for magical protection).

Jack's first hour of rest
Bod+Will+Quick healer
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4810695/ = 3 hits, so after an hour he is down to 3 boxes

Snap's first hour of rest
Bod+Will+Quick healer
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4810696/ = 4 hits, so after an hour she is down to 3 boxes.

Mel - just an FYI, fixing your deck will require the following:

Hardware + Logic [Mental] - base time 1 hour. Each hit can either heal a point of damage or cut the time in half.
Melpomene
Got it. The deck has taken 6 points of MD, correct?

She'll start work on that as soon as her shift is over.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Mar 31 2015, 08:01 AM) *
Jack and Snap will also attempt to rest - Let me roll at least the first hour now (still waiting to hear about what precautions Snap will take for magical protection).

Sorry for the delay.

While waiting for the others, Snap would summon a F3 spirit of Air with Fear. She'd use a service to ask it to do astral surveillance in and around the room the will be sleeping in, and to report back - wake her if needed - at the sign of a threat.
Lobo0705
@Mel,

Yes, you have 6 points of MD.

@Snap,

You summon a Force 3 Spirit of Air with Fear:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4810739/ = 4 hits, reduced to 3 by limit

It resists
3d6.hits(5)=0 = 0 hits, so you have 3 services

You resist 2DV Drain
13d6.hits(5)=7 = 7 hits, no drain.

ETA - no need to apologize either wink.gif
Lobo0705
Ok, for the 2nd hour of rest:

Jack:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4810760/ = 2 hits, so he has 1 box of Stun left.

Snap
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4810761/ = 2 hits, so she also has 1 box of Stun left.

Back to you guys for free RP, what is the plan now? Who is taking watch? How much longer will you stay here?
Jack VII
That's a difficult question. While we're mostly healed, haven't we been awake for a pretty long time now?

Since Huiquing certainly knows his son's comm code, I imagine Mel could spot it and make sure it was clear of foreign MARKs. Then we could have Huiquing turn on his commlink just long enough to send his kid a message that we're coming to get him. Mel could then trace the commlink and we head over to it. She keeps eyes on the link to make sure no one else is trying to hack it.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Mar 31 2015, 11:43 AM) *
While we're mostly healed, haven't we been awake for a pretty long time now?

Yes - about 24 hours now.
PraetorGradivus
I can't seem to get on invisible castle...

Since I'm awake anyway, might as well help Mel...
LoG 2 + Hardware 4= 6 dice on helping fix the deck.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Mar 31 2015, 01:20 PM) *
I can't seem to get on invisible castle...

Since I'm awake anyway, might as well help Mel...
LoG 2 + Hardware 4= 6 dice on helping fix the deck.

6d6.hits(5)=2

So Mel will roll 2 extra dice:
11d6.hits(5)=7 Nice roll! smile.gif

Her Mental limit is 7 base, so no problems there - which means she uses 6 hits to reduce the damage to 0, and the remaining hit to reduce the time to 30 minutes.
Melpomene
Great! She'll use the rest of her off-time to relax. I don't think she's taken any physical or stun (has she?)...
Jack VII
QUOTE (Melpomene @ Mar 31 2015, 02:54 PM) *
Great! She'll use the rest of her off-time to relax. I don't think she's taken any physical or stun (has she?)...

I don't think you have, that's why I suggested you take first watch. LOL.

I think we need to talk to Huiquing about getting his son. What the school is like where he is located, etc.
Lobo0705
Current Damage Totals:

Sisco - 5 boxes of Stun
Snap - 1 box of Stun
Jack - 1 box of Stun
Mel - No Damage
Chrome Head
Snap will just keep on sleeping / resting / meditating until someone nudges her out of it or something like 4 hours have elapsed. This being said, it would make sense to rotate who's on watch and she can pick up a shift to let Sisco and Mel rest for a bit.

Like Jack said, we're all pretty exhausted so a quick nap can go a long way.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Apr 1 2015, 12:56 AM) *
Snap will just keep on sleeping / resting / meditating until someone nudges her out of it or something like 4 hours have elapsed. This being said, it would make sense to rotate who's on watch and she can pick up a shift to let Sisco and Mel rest for a bit.

Like Jack said, we're all pretty exhausted so a quick nap can go a long way.

Ok - so just to keep the timeline up to date, it is about 8:00 AM, Jack and Snap have healed down to 1 box, and while Jack and Snap have had at least a 2 hour catnap, Mel and Sisco haven't slept (and Sisco isn't going to be able to due to his Insomnia).

Now that her watch is up, I'm assuming now is the time where Mel and Sisco will fix her deck - which would bring the time up to 8:30.
Lobo0705
So, Huiquing is going to sleep until around 10:00 - at which point he will be fully healed of his Stun damage. Are you guys doing anything until then?

So far the timeline is:

@6:00 AM - team sets up shop in office. Huiquing, Snap and Jack fall asleep, Mel keeps an eye on Huiquing and the drone feed. Sisco tosses and turns for 2 hours.
@8:00 AM - Jack wakes up and relieves Mel, Snap remains asleep, Mel and Sisco fix Mel's deck. Do you wake up Snap, or let her rest?
From 8:30 to 10:00 - does Mel get some shuteye? Do you wake up Snap? Sisco is awake, and I'm assuming Jack as well. Do you guys do anything?
Jack VII
I figure we let Snap sleep until 9AM. Mel can sleep from 8:30 to 10. Jack would at least try to rest from 9-10, if not actually sleep. Hell, we might want to look into getting some Longhaul.

The difficult part is we really need to do some legwork on getting the kid and figuring out a safehouse to bring them afterward. This place isn't going to really cut it.
Chrome Head
We need to track the son's commlink if we can. He might already be in danger, and maybe we can go to him sooner, no?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012