Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Lobo0705
Snap 30 - Simple Action - Command Spirit to use Guard, Simple Action Send Message
Spirit of Man 22 - Materialize
Sisco 18 - Complex Action - Control Vehicle
Jack 14 - Suppressive Fire
Mel 11 - Data Spike

Mel's Data Spike:
Cybercombat 3 + Logic 6 = 9 dice, Noise=0 (You are on the same grid, Distance is <100 meters, Area gives you 2 points of noise, negated by Signal Scrub)
9d6.hits(5)=2

It resists with Device Rating+Intuition = 6 dice
6d6.hits(5)=0

So your damage is base 6, +2 for 2 net hits = 8

It resists with Device Rating + Firewall
6d6.hits(5)=2

So it takes 6 points of Matrix Damage, bricking it.

The two guards you are suppressing stay prone, they do switch out magazines, but do not fire.

The two guards in front of you get into their SUVs (one in each).

Snap 20 -
Spirit of Man 12 - Use Guard Power on Snap, Sisco, Jack, and Mel
Sisco 18 - Complex Action - Ram
Jack 4 -
Mel 1 -

Actions for next turn?

Some quick notes:

1) I show ammo usage at this point as:
Jack - 52 rounds of Regular SMG ammo
Sisco's Doberman - 3 rounds of Regular AR ammo

2) PG - you said you want to Ram the guys in front of you - there are two SUVs, which are basically identical. It is possible for you to ram the one closest to you into the other one if you wish, it will make the threshold higher, but it is possible. Or do you want to simply ram one or the other?

3) Jack - I thank your Saints for the help they gave my Giants last night smile.gif PG - my condolences, that was an ugly game the Fins played yesterday.

IC post up shortly.
Jack VII
Based on the resource tracker... damn.

I started with 84 rounds (Three full regular magazines)
I've got two magazines with two regular rounds in each (4 rounds)
I've fired two suppressing fire actions and two 6 round bursts during this fight (52 rounds)
I fired four bursts during the Huiquing estate deal (12 round)

Leaving me with a magazine with 16 rounds. So no more suppressing fire after this CT.

My action for this CT is to maintain suppressing fire and keep their heads down.
Jack VII
What kind of weapons were Hung Lao's people sporting?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 5 2015, 10:30 AM) *
What kind of weapons were Hung Lao's people sporting?

Amber appears unarmed, but the two bodyguards with her are carrying SCK-100s.
Jack VII
Ah well, no suppressing fire with those. I'll probably just stick with the HK.
Chrome Head
Snap has moved to the back of the vehicle in a previous round, so she must not be in the most stable position. She'll use her next action to position herself in a way that is safe and still stays close to the door, while bracing for whatever Sisco is about to do. Free action to drop the old illusion that would still be active (the hole in the ground).
Lobo0705
Snap 20 - Simple Action - Brace for Impact, Free Action - drop Illusion
Sisco 18 - Complex Action - Ram
Jack 4 - Continue Suppressive Fire
Mel 1 - Matrix Perception Test

Just need to know Mel's action and whether PG is ramming one or both vehicles.
Melpomene
Mel will try to detect the icons for one or both of the black SUVs. If they're present on the Matrix, she'll go after them.
Lobo0705
Mel's test:

Matrix Perception:
12d6.hits(5)=6 reduced to 5 by Data Processing Limit

Icon Resists:
8d6.hits(5)=3

So you are able to spot both vehicle icons.

Further information will require more Matrix Perception tests.
PraetorGradivus
I didn't realize the guys where in the van.
So I'll go to evasive driving instead.
My head must not be screwed on right lately.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Oct 6 2015, 08:31 PM) *
I didn't realize the guys where in the van.
So I'll go to evasive driving instead.
My head must not be screwed on right lately.

Ok, so that changes it to this:

Snap 20 - Simple Action - Brace for Impact, Free Action - drop Illusion
Sisco 18 - Free Action - Evasive Driving - reducing Initiative by 10
Jack 4 - Continue Suppressive Fire
Mel 1 - Matrix Perception Test

Last IP
Snap 10
Spirit of Man 2 - Waiting for instructions

IC Post up soon.

Just a recap:

Two guys behind you under suppressive fire from Jack (Amy, you can see them through the window now if you want to cast a spell)
Two SUVs in front of you now with drivers/passengers, they are parked
Three guys around the corner from you, at least 50 meters away when you turn the corner next turn.

ETA - modified last IC to redact the last part about Sisco being worried about ramming.
Chrome Head
Snap will cast Mass Confusion F3 on the targets she sees. It might or might not have an effect, but the risks are very low.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Oct 7 2015, 11:09 AM) *
Snap will cast Mass Confusion F3 on the targets she sees. It might or might not have an effect, but the risks are very low.

Ok - so:

Spellcasting = 14 dice
14d6.hits(5)=2

The two Triad Members resist
7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=4

You resist Drain (2DV)
13d6.hits(5)=3

Unfortunately, the spell doesn't work, but on the bright side, you take no drain.

Initiative:

Snap
4d6+11=22
Spirit of Man
2d6+10=16
Sisco
3d6+8=17 - 1=16
Jack
2d6+7=14
Mel
1d6+9=10

Snap 22
Sisco 16
Spirit of Man 16 - Await instructions from Snap.
Jack 14
Mel 10

I will incorporate Snap's spell into the next IC post - which I'll put up once I have all of your actions smile.gif

Jack VII
With his smartlink reporting he doesn't have enough ammo for suppressing fire anymore, Jack will free action switch to BF, take Aim, and fire a three round burst at one of the two dudes behind us. I don't think the other group has come into view yet.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 7 2015, 01:05 PM) *
With his smartlink reporting he doesn't have enough ammo for suppressing fire anymore, Jack will free action switch to BF, take Aim, and fire a three round burst at one of the two dudes behind us. I don't think the other group has come into view yet.

Because Jack goes after Sisco, the van will move before you get to act.

This means you will be approximately 80 meters south of the two men you have been shooting at, about 40 meters south of the SUV's (although on their turn they will begin pursuit and make up some of that distance, assuming Mel doesn't fry their engines), and you will end up just south of the building.

This will put the other three in view of you, and approximately 50 meters to the west of you.

Do you still want to fire at the two guys 80 meters behind you, or switch to the three guys 50 meters to the west of you?

Jack VII
What were they using to shoot us? General category is fine (SMG, MP, etc)? If Jack thinks the two behind them are getting close to being out of range, he'll opt for the fresh group of three. Just shoot the first target available and try to put a little fear in them. I iamgine they have all swapped out ammo loads, but only know for sure that the guys behind him have done so.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 7 2015, 02:53 PM) *
What were they using to shoot us? General category is fine (SMG, MP, etc)? If Jack thinks the two behind them are getting close to being out of range, he'll opt for the fresh group of three. Just shoot the first target available and try to put a little fear in them. I iamgine they have all swapped out ammo loads, but only know for sure that the guys behind him have done so.

Everyone you've seen has been armed with SMGs - which means right now everyone is in range, the ones to your west in Long, and the ones behind you in Extreme. You aren't sure what weaponry is in the SUVs, but before they got back into the SUVs, the two guys were carrying SMGs.

Based on that, I imagine you'll switch to the three to the west, but if you have time, just confirm that for me.
Chrome Head
Delay until just after Sisco's action (and movement). There's now good distance between us and the SUVs and they are in Snap's LOS unless I misunderstand the situation.

So at that point I believe she can conjure up a ball lightning (F4) and throw it so that it hits both vehicles? For area effect spells like that, I believe the occupants can also be affected?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Oct 7 2015, 03:08 PM) *
Delay until just after Sisco's action (and movement). There's now good distance between us and the SUVs and they are in Snap's LOS unless I misunderstand the situation.

So at that point I believe she can conjure up a ball lightning (F4) and throw it so that it hits both vehicles? For area effect spells like that, I believe the occupants can also be affected?

1) After Sisco's movement the SUVs will be in your LOS - correct.
2) Yes, the vehicles are close enough that your Ball Lightning will hit both
3) Yes, since it is an area effect attack, it will affect the passengers - they do get to add the armor of the vehicle to the personal armor they are wearing. (They would get a -2 to their defense pool as well, except that they can't dodge area effect spells anyway).

If you still want to take that action, let me know.
Jack VII
Yeah, I'll opt for the new crew and welcome them to the party.

Jack would probably say something like that too, given his proclivity for action trids.
Melpomene
Question: If I spike the vehicle icon, how does that translate to the physical world? Does the car just stop running?
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 7 2015, 04:30 PM) *
1) After Sisco's movement the SUVs will be in your LOS - correct.
2) Yes, the vehicles are close enough that your Ball Lightning will hit both
3) Yes, since it is an area effect attack, it will affect the passengers - they do get to add the armor of the vehicle to the personal armor they are wearing. (They would get a -2 to their defense pool as well, except that they can't dodge area effect spells anyway).

If you still want to take that action, let me know.

Yeah sounds good to me. It might fry up their electronics a bit too if there's damage done.
Lobo0705
Ok so :

Snap 22 - delay until after Sisco's action, then Complex Action cast Ball Lightning (you will take a -1 die for delaying the action).
Sisco 16
Spirit of Man 16 - Await instructions from Snap.
Jack 14 - Free action: switch to BF, Simple Action Take Aim, Simple Action, 3 round burst
Mel 10

Sisco - your action? Do the mandatory "Drive" action?

Mel - Basically, yes. If you brick a device, the device stops functioning - bricked guns can't shoot, bricked cars can't run, bricked appliances shut down - there would probably be a bunch of sparks, some smoke, and some loud noises, but it doesn't cause an explosion or anything.

They would have to make a crash test though - which could cause them to crash and potentially cause damage to them.

Let me know if that is what you would like to do.

Also - Jack - (and everyone else) please feel free to add in things your character would say here, and I can put them into the IC thread - I usually put thoughts and words in there for you, so the IC posts aren't just all exposition, but they are your characters after all, so put quotes here, and I'll edit the IC posts and put them in.
Lobo0705
So - doing a little digging before I resolve the Ball Lightning Attack - some things of note:

1) Per page 171, Vehicles never suffer secondary effects, so the electrical damage does nothing against them.
2) Attacks against vehicles don't do any damage at all unless modified DV is equal to Modified AV.

They are driving SUVs - the equivalent of a Rover 2072. Armor is 12.

You cast the spell at Force 4 - damage is going to be 4DV with an AP of 4, and the most hits you can get is 4 (based on the limit of the spell).

So even if you roll 4 hits, the first 3 hits simply make the spell hit where you want it to, and the one left over can only raise the DV to 5. Modified DV is 5, modified AV of the vehicles is 8.

You still can hurt the passengers - I just figured you shouldn't be penalized by the numbers if you thought that the spell would potentially knock out the vehicle (I was surprised myself when I saw that they ignore secondary effects).

Just a thought - raising the spell to Force 6 means that your DV is at least 6, and your AP is 6, meaning that you can hurt the vehicles at that point.

Or (up to you) you could say that Snap is happy enough with just potentially hurting the people/still new to this and didn't realize the force needed to be higher/doesn't want to take the risk of drain and leave it at force 4.

I'm fine either way.
Chrome Head
Thanks a lot for the rules update. I'm not sure why secondary damage gets ignored (at least when you actually do damage in the first place and beat the AV and so on) but it's not a big deal. I hope this isn't true about drones, cause they should be affected by electricity imo.

But that's besides the point. I'm gonna go with what I said (force 4), because I think it's fair that Snap would test the waters first -- it can also be seen as a warning shot. She's pretty new to shadowrunning and has always been more about people than big armored vehicles. It's a fine lesson to learn.

I could also imagine Sisco telling her it's gonna take stronger magic than that to stop those SUVs or something.
Melpomene
Mel will then DS one of the SUVs...if a choice needs to be made, the closest one. If they're both same distance, the one on the right.

As for IC talking, Mel would be humming (not loudly, so it'll probably be swallowed up by by the tire-squealing and burst fire) "Ode to Joy" as she works.
Lobo0705
Ok - no worries (and yes, drones are affected by the secondary effects, because they differentiate between drones and vehicles).

So, spellcasting of 11 dice:
11d6.hits(5)=6 Nice roll smile.gif Reduced to 4 by limit.

As we discussed, it has no effect on the vehicles

There are 4 total passengers. No Dodge test is possible because it is an area effect spell.

Each is wearing an Armor Jacket (Armor 12), +12 for the vehicle of the armor, -4 for AP = 20 dice, plus their Body of 4 = 24 dice, resisting 5DV
24d6.hits(5)=8, 24d6.hits(5)=5, 24d6.hits(5)=8, 24d6.hits(5)=9

Unfortunately, since they manage to avoid all damage, there are no Secondary Effects (you have to do at least 1 box of damage)

However, you've at least damaged, if not bricked or destroyed, any electronics they might be carrying.

Next - drain
13 dice, versus 3DV drain
13d6.hits(5)=3

So no Drain.

Sisco is using Evasive Driving (dropping his initiative to 6) and then using a Complex action to Drive.

Jack goes, and shoots at one of the goons.

Range is 50 meters, which is is long range, but between the range finder and your cybereyes, you reduce that to short. Lowlight negates vision penalty, so you just have the -4 for moving, and +1 for Aiming (your strength handles recoil).

Automatics 4, Agility 5, Sm 2, Aim +1, Movement -4 = 8 dice
8d6.hits(5)=2

He attempts to dodge, 8 dice normally, -2 for the short burst:
6d6.hits(5)=1

So you hit him, DV =7+1 for net hit=8 DV Stun due to armor

He resists:
16d6.hits(5)=0 ROFLMAO - that is pretty bad...
So he takes 8 boxes of stun and is knocked down.

Mel then attempts to Data Spike the closest SUV
9d6.hits(5)=5 You guys are on a roll today smile.gif

So 11 DV it attempts to "dodge"
8d6.hits(5)=4

So you are doing 8DV damage (6 base, +2 for net hits)

It resists
8d6.hits(5)=1

So it takes 7 boxes of Matrix Damage (more than halfway to bricked).

Now the bad guys go smile.gif

The SUVs start accelerating and chasing you.

Everyone else opens up on you:

So, first we have the two bad guys 80 meters behind you:
Take Aim, 6 round burst
Base dice 8, +2 for SM, -1 for range, -2 for recoil = 7d6 each
7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=3

Sisco can dodge, his Int + Reaction=11, + 2 for Evasive Driving (Willpower =2), -5 for the full auto burst, -1 for wounds, -4 for speed = 3 dice
3d6.hits(5)=1

So guy number 1 gets 1 net hit.

Base damage of his weapon is 7, +1 is 8, he is loading APDS ammo, meaning the modified armor is 8, so he still can't hurt Mr. T, it has to exceed the modified armor.

Mr. T resists 8DV with 16 Body and 8 Armor
24d6.hits(5)=10 = no damage.

Second attack, 3 base hits, Sisco can dodge, but now only with 2 dice
2d6.hits(5)=2 - nice roll smile.gif

Again, no damage, since it is 8 to 8. smile.gif

Now the three goons to the west
7d6.hits(5)=2, 7d6.hits(5)=1, 7d6.hits(5)=4

At this point, probably not worth it to try and dodge with only 1 die left, the first shot does no damage, so Mr. T has to resists 9DV, and 11 DV
24d6.hits(5)=13, 24d6.hits(5)=7

So it takes 0 damage from the first shot, and 4 damage from the second.

This will require Sisco to make a Piloting test:
React 6, Piloting 6, Specialization 2, VR 2, Control Rig 2, Wounds -1, Vehicle damage -1 = 16 dice
16d6.hits(5)=4

His threshold is Base 2, +2 for restricted terrain, -2 for his Control Rig = 2, so he passes easily.

I'll have an IC post up later today, in the meantime, next IP:

Snap 6
Spirit of Man 6 - Await instructions from Snap.
Jack 4

Jack VII
I'll shoot at the next guy in the group closest to us. Whoever it was that just hit and damaged Mr. T.

Lobo0705
One other note - Sisco has to resist 2 boxes of Biofeedback damage:
He resists with Willpower+Firewall:
6d6.hits(5)=1

So he takes 1 box of Stun Damage (he is still in Cold Sim VR)
Chrome Head
With the fighting so intense, let's go for a much more drastic measure. Ball lightning F7 at the vehicles. Snap can't pull this off too often (I expect serious drain unless I use edge on drain) but I think the tradeoff is worth it right now, and we need a big boom to affect these guys and their vehicles at all.

Snap's thoughts: I gotta protect our team. Better give it all I've got.
Out loud: "DON'T follow us!"

@Lobo we've now reverted to your typical fireball throwing magician wink.gif
PraetorGradivus
My understanding is that I'm going to have to make a Vehicle Test to make the turn in addition to the standard Control Vehicle for the turn.
Does it matter what order I do it in?

Does the van move half its speed in each of my passes or all of it's speed in one of my passes?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Oct 9 2015, 01:52 PM) *
My understanding is that I'm going to have to make a Vehicle Test to make the turn in addition to the standard Control Vehicle for the turn.
Does it matter what order I do it in?

Does the van move half its speed in each of my passes or all of it's speed in one of my passes?

The van moves all of its speed in one of your passes. - and I don't think the order matters, no.
PraetorGradivus
Then I'll do the move and vehicle test first pass and the control vehicle the second.
Lobo0705
Ok Force 7 Ball Lightning

12d6.hits(5)=5

So 3 hits make it on target, and 2 more increase damage from 7 DV to 9 DV, with an AP of 7.

Both SUVs resist with 21 dice:
21d6.hits(5)=5, 21d6.hits(5)=6

So, Van 1 takes 4 points of damage, and Van 2 takes 3.

Passengers inside Van 1:
17d6.hits(5)=6, 17d6.hits(5)=9

Passenger 1 takes 3 boxes of Damage, Passenger 2 escapes unharmed.

Passengers inside Van 2:
17d6.hits(5)=9, 17d6.hits(5)=7

Passenger 1 takes no damage, passenger 2 takes 2 boxes.

Control Test for Van 1:
8d6.hits(5)=3

Control Test for Van 2
9d6.hits(5)=4

Both pass (although Van 1 just barely squeaked by).

@Chrome - are you using Edge before the Drain Test, or do you want me to roll and then let you decide?

Jack shoots, 7d6 this time (since you don't have Vision Mag)
7d6.hits(5)=3

The Triad attempts to dodge 8 dice down to 6 for the burst
6d6.hits(5)=5 - rolling an insane amount of hits frown.gif - no damage.
Chrome Head
Not using edge before the drain test, but she will use edge to reroll the failed dice if she gets less than 4 hits.
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Oct 9 2015, 09:09 PM) *
Not using edge before the drain test, but she will use edge to reroll the failed dice if she gets less than 4 hits.

Ok so resisting 6 DV Stun Drain
13d6.hits(5)=4

So Snap takes 2 boxes of Stun Damage.

Current Damage:
Sisco 5 boxes of Stun
Snap 2 boxes of Stun
Lobo0705
Next Combat Turn:

Snap
4d6+11=23
Sisco
3d6+8=18
Jack
2d6+7=9 - ouch frown.gif
Mel
1d6+9=13
Spirit of Man
2d6+10=18

Snap 23
Spirit of Man 18 Awaiting instructions
Sisco 18 Control Vehicle Test
Mel 13
Jack 9 Free Action Eject Mag, Simple Action Insert Mag, Simple Action Fire 3 round burst.
Jack VII
I'll grab the last mag with 16 rounds in it and load it in the SMG. Fire 3-round burst at one of the closer dudes (preferably the one who dodged last time).
Chrome Head
Snap obviously can't keep doing the same thing here or she'll knock herself out. Is it possible to try a called shot on the front wheel of one of the SUVs with a Clout spell? If so she'd do that with a F6 Clout and see what happens.
PraetorGradivus
[indent][/indent]what is the data processing of a control rig?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Oct 12 2015, 01:31 PM) *
[indent][/indent]what is the data processing of a control rig?

I apologize - I've actually been calculating your Init wrong - it should be 3d6+9, not 3d6+8.

You aren't using your Control Rig to enter VR - you are using your commlink, which has a DP of 4.

I've edited the Initiative chart above to reflect that - sorry about that!
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Oct 12 2015, 01:23 PM) *
Snap obviously can't keep doing the same thing here or she'll knock herself out. Is it possible to try a called shot on the front wheel of one of the SUVs with a Clout spell? If so she'd do that with a F6 Clout and see what happens.

The problem is that Clout only does Stun damage, and Vehicles ignore Stun Damage.
PraetorGradivus
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 12 2015, 12:37 PM) *
I apologize - I've actually been calculating your Init wrong - it should be 3d6+9, not 3d6+8.

You aren't using your Control Rig to enter VR - you are using your commlink, which has a DP of 4.

I've edited the Initiative chart above to reflect that - sorry about that!

I'd still like to know the DP of the Control Rig... is it equal to it's device rating?
Lobo0705
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Oct 12 2015, 01:48 PM) *
I'd still like to know the DP of the Control Rig... is it equal to it's device rating?

I don't believe the Control Rig has a DP rating, it is similar to any other piece of cyberware, in that it only has a Firewall Rating (based on its DR). It has no Attack, Sleaze, or DP.

The only things that I'm aware of that have DP are Commlinks, Decks, and RCCs.
Jack VII
I think all devices have DP and Firewall ratings, equal to their device ratings unless otherwise noted. (Matrix Attributes, p.226 & Devices, p.234)
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Jack VII @ Oct 12 2015, 03:36 PM) *
I think all devices have DP and Firewall ratings, equal to their device ratings unless otherwise noted. (Matrix Attributes, p.226 & Devices, p.234)

Hmm - looks like that is right - strange in that except for 'links, RCCs, and decks, I'm not sure what you would use a DP stat for, but it looks like all devices do have a DP equal to their DR.

PraetorGradivus
The reason I asked is because I just realized I don't need the comlink to jump into the vehicle.
the control rig provides the VR.
Chrome Head
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Oct 12 2015, 01:40 PM) *
The problem is that Clout only does Stun damage, and Vehicles ignore Stun Damage.

Ah yes! Very true. I'd need the physical damage version, I see.

Hmm, for now she could target the men not in vehicles. Let's try a F4 Ball Lightning against them, assuming they stand close enough together (Clout F5 on one of them at random otherwise).
Melpomene
Mel will DS that same SUV icon on her next go.
Lobo0705
Snap 23 - Cast Force 4 Ball Lightning
Spirit of Man 18 Awaiting instructions
Sisco 18 Control Vehicle Test
Mel 13 - Data Spike
Jack 9 Free Action Eject Mag, Simple Action Insert Mag, Simple Action Fire 3 round burst.

Snap Casting:
12 dice
12d6.hits(5)=5 - reduced to 4 by limit

Thugs resist 5 DV AP 4
12d6.hits(5)=4
12d6.hits(5)=3

So first one takes 1 box of damage, the second one 2, both of them suffer the secondary effects of Electrical Damage

To clarify - these are the ones 80 meters behind you.

You resist 3DV Drain
13d6.hits(5)=4

No damage

Next up, Sisco makes his Control Test:
React 6, Piloting 6, Specialization 2, VR 2, Control Rig 2, Wounds -1, Vehicle damage -1 = 16 dice
16d6.hits(5)=5

He easily passes.

Mr. T also moves an additional 40 meters - putting the group at the northeast corner 120 meters away, and the group on the southern side of the building about 60 meters away (they were due west of you, and you headed due south toward the gate). This also now puts that group within Snap's Line of Sight.

Mel goes next, and Data Spikes the SUV
9d6.hits(5)=2

It resists:
8d6.hits(5)=2

Equal number of hits means no damage

The bad guys go before Jack does:

The two bad guys 60 meters away shoot again
First one:
7d6.hits(5)=0 - wow - a Critical Glitch - so that's not good for him at all eek.gif

Next one:
7d6.hits(5)=0 Holy Crap! - ok, not a Critical Glitch - but just barely - still a Glitch though - so that threat is passed.

The SUVs - accelerate again - you were about 20 meters in front of them, then you moved 40, and now they move 20 - so you are 40 meters in front.
The passengers lean out and fire out their window:

The first one had been unharmed by the Ball Lightning and so has the following modifiers:
Skill + Ag + SM = 10 dice, -2 for being a Passenger, -2 for recoil = 6 dice.
6d6.hits(5)=1
ETA - he is actually an additional -2 dice for speed, but that does not affect the die roll.

Sisco can Dodge:
Int + React = 11, -1 for wounds, -5 for Full Auto, -4 for full speed - only 1 die, I'm thinking that it is probably wise not to, since he has no Edge.

PG - do you want to go Full Defense again - this would give you 3 dice total.

2nd SUV passenger
Skill + Ag + SM = 10 dice, -2 for being a Passenger, -2 for recoil, -2 for speed, -1 for Electrical damage = 3 dice
3d6.hits(5)=0

He misses.

The last 2 guards, 120 meters away, with their SUVs between you and them, don't bother shooting, being more likely to hit their own guys than you.

Jack goes, firing at the goons at 60 meters:
7d6.hits(5)=0 - missing.

I'll wait to hear from PG before I resolve the attack (which, if he doesn't go Full Defense, will be 8DV resisted by 24 dice) - and then I can put up the IC post. In the meantime you can think about your actions for next IP.

Snap 13 -
Spirit of Man 8 Awaiting instructions
Sisco 8
Mel 3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012