Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Annex
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Mercy
Friday 14 June 2075 2303 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow laughs and stands up from the table. "Lots of good advice, Oliver. Thank you. Of course, if I do this it will take more security. You might want to be prepared to interview people. And it looks like the last spare dance just went off to the back room, which means I am up next. Time to let them see if the boss still has it."

She moves of from the table and slips into the dressing room, emerging a few minutes later to a thunderous applause as she begins her set. She is certainly not the prettiest girl you have seen on the stage, but she has a certain presence that has lots of the patrons begging for her to finish stripping and the money that they are willing to toss onto the stage is proof enough that she still has it, whatever it is. After picking the moey up off the stage, Willow disappears back into the dressing room to change and walk the floor a bit more. You see her shake her head at several men as she makes her way back to your booth. A waitress brings her a drink and you a refill on your fruit drink.

Willow fans herself and sips from her drink. "Whew, that was nice. I guess I really can still take it off in style."
Sakuro
A singular nod was given after Willow said he should be prepared to interview people for security positions if she decided to expand her business. He was not looking forward to her going on stage though. Annex half expected there would be some kind of trouble afterwards, or during. But he always readied himself for trouble. Nothing came of it though. The patrons treated Willow like a veteran Madame. He did not give too much attention to the dancing on stage. But given how Willow suggested her dancing was a rarity, he watched her a little more than he would have the other performers. When she left the dressing room after her performance he paid closer attention to the people around Willow as well. Again, nothing came of his concerns.

"You are talented."

That was all he had to say on the matter when the boss lady came to sit with him, fanning herself and sipping her drink after giving the crowd their money's worth. After Willow had a minute to cool down after both performing and mingling Annex inclined his head subtly towards one of the female patrons.

"I have noticed there are women in the audience. Have you considered putting out a challenge for one of them to take to the stage? When you end up lacking a dancer to keep things rolling, that is."
Mercy
Friday 14 June 2075 2318 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow nods her thanks at your comment and again when you mention the women in the audience. "We have had "Amateur Night" here once in a while. In fact two of my girls here now started out that way. We have not had one in a while, so that might be appropriate. Thank you for the ides. I can advertise with some signs and set one up for next Friday." She sips from her water and looks over at you. "Have you been eyeing the potential talent?"
Sakuro
The look he gave Willow carried with it a note of suspicion. As though he suspected she might be trying to catch him in some kind of trap with that question about eying the female patrons. Whether she intended it or not, the question carried with it the implication that he was gawking at women rather than doing his job.

"No more than anyone else."

His gaze lingered on the small Asian woman a handful of seconds, then moved back to the writhing chaotic mass of people populating the Willow Tree.
Mercy
Friday 14 June 2075 2319 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow chuckles as she leaves the booth. "I rather suspect a whole lot less than everyone else, Oliver. You are very dedicated and would not be leering while you are keeping us safe." She nods at you then goes back to work the crowd.

You see the gunman step away from his booth and leave the club but the booth does not remain empty for long.
Sakuro
Annex's eyes swung over to Willow as she got up, and followed her as she walked away. Marking where she went and who she interacted with. He kept tabs on where she was and who she interacted with as a habit throughout his monitoring of the room. On noticing 'Mr. Jameson' get up from his seat he watched the man leave, then looked to the booth's screens to follow as he left the establishment. Once he left the sensory sphere of the Willow Tree Annex was back to watching the room for trouble. At around 2330 he signaled one of the girls acting as waitress to come over and made a request for something to eat and a beverage to accompany the food.
Mercy
Friday 14 June 2075 2340 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Your food and beverage has been delivered and you eat in relative peace. There is a certain chaos to the place, but you are getting used to the flow of it. Most of the action is centered on the stage and the dancers, but the lap dances certainly seem to be popular and frequently lead to a visit to the back rooms. There is no denying that Willow had put together some talent here.
Sakuro
It was mind boggling how nine women serviced a crowd like this on a regular basis. Still they danced, served drinks, and with never a sign of wilting or flagging. They must have some considerable endurance. Then again, all that stripping, lap dances, and sex was bound to be a considerable workout. Annex thought on the matter briefly as he ate. When his food and drink were exhausted he set the dishes off to the side, within easy grasping for a passing waitress. The meal had been eaten quickly and washed down with a healthy chug of liquids. Sitting straight backed in his seat he watched people and monitors like a man who sat before a game of Go planning future moves and looking for ques to an opponent. Annex was noting habits, gauging levels of intoxication, and a number of other variables concerning the Willow Tree's patrons. Gauging where problems might arise rather than just sitting back and waiting.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0140 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Your persistence pays off as you are able to head off four fights before they escalate to something more. The crowd begins to thin a bit at about 0130, but there are still a lot die-hards at perv row and it is normal that three of the girls are entertaining in the back rooms at any one time.
Sakuro
When the number of patrons diminished to the point it dipped below the threshold he wanted in order to maintain a balance between security mobility and economic gains Annex checked the external monitors to see if there was still a line outside. If there was, he coordinated with Grok to keep things even where he wanted the crowd volume to be until there were not more customers coming in.

Ares actually had a mathematical formula for crowd control in relation to economic gains. It factored in risk variables, manpower, and various monetary elements that was basically a balancing act between security, money to be gained, and the volatility and volume of a given crowd to be managed. It was a headache until it became second nature. He never really got the numbers down. Now Annex didn't even think about it. It just was. Instinct, training, and experience gelling. In the Barrens. A place where the order and structure he was use to, and use to enforcing, were almost alien.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0200 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

The line issue was evened out a couple of hours ago and by 0200 the crowd inside the Willow Tree is much less than it was a couple of hours ago. Things are winding down, except for the visits to the back rooms, which pick up as the night closes and men with a bit of money left want to see a bit more of a particular girl. Willow finds and walks with you a bit. "This was a good night. Best we have had in a long time. It is like everyone decided to come blow of some steam at once and picked us. I will really need to think about hiring some additional girls. I picked two from the crowd tonight and asked if they would be interested in a job here. I interview them on Monday night. Thanks for your help; you and Grok kept it all tolerable."
Sakuro
On seeing Willow approach he slowed his pace until she fell in beside him. Then Annex resumed his normal pace as he moved about the room. While she talked his attention was divided between her and keeping an eye on the patrons. He looked at the smaller woman at key points during the dialog, to let her know he was listening and provide a polite degree of social connection that most people sought.

"You ladies sure earned your money tonight."

Annex acknowledged the hard work the prostitutes and their boss lady put in given the large crowd with a professional tone. Completely skipping over the lewd nature of the work involved. When Willow talked abut the interviews he nodded in approval. Better to have people on standby, at the least, in the event customer volume persisted beyond their normal current operational capacity

"Did not waste time. That is good. Do you see those two prospects around often?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0200 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow laughs. "We did, indeed. We have some hard workers here and worth all I pay them, probably more. I may need to think of a raise for them or something. And you helped as well. I was watching when you broke up that thing with the Frawley brothers. Nice work solving the problem before it got out of hand. So another couple of hours to wind it all down then off to bed and get ready to do it all again tomorrow night. Then off on Sunday to try to recuperate and be ready for Monday."
Sakuro
Annex noted that his question about the two women that Willow picked out to offer jobs was not answered. Either she was excited about the busy day's earnings and overlook it, or she chose not to acknowledge it. Whichever it was, he did not press or repeat his query. Instead, when Willow mentioned Sunday being a day off for the people at the Willow Tree he nodded to one of the windows.

"If you source the metal, I can see about installing some protection over the windows. Sheet for shudders or something to pass for bars. It will be ghetto as it gets, but better than boarding the windows."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0201 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow gives you a quizzical look. "Bars on the windows? Do you think that is necessary?"
Sakuro
Annex nodded, just once, before explaining his reasoning.

"Metal shutters, preferably. It would reduce the likelihood of a stray bullet coming in and hitting someone. Breaching the building would be more difficult as well. Bars would do for the breaking and entering alone. Given the volatility of the area, yes, I feel it is needed. It should not be expensive either. It would also be good to reinforce part of the bar, and a couple other areas, with metal. That way staff will have a safer location to run to and hunker down should the need arise."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0201 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

"It sounds like you are expecting a war of some kind. Is this a result of expanding or just from what happened here on Monday?"
Sakuro
"I expect the Barrens to be the Barrens ... but you are not wrong. Both the events on Monday and shoring up weak points in preparation for expansion are additional reasons."

Annex went quiet as he watched a couple of men at perv-row closely for a moment. For a moment it had looked like they might climb on stage. But whether that was never their intent, or the clear attention they had garnered from his detoured it, they did not do so. The moment passed and Annex looked to Willow.

"I am proposing a lot of things. Is it becoming too much?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0202 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

The men had indeed looked like they might be considering climbing onto the stage with the dancer, but thought better of it after looking around and seeing your eyes on them. One almost went for it anyway but his friend pulled him back to the seat.

Willow looks thoughtful then shakes her head. "Too much? No, I don't think so. Maybe all a bit fast and leaving me wondering where I would get the money to do it all. Yeah, probably a bit of that. This has been a great night, but it is hardly indicative of normal and I would hate to plan on costly expansions and remodeling based on tonight's receipts. Then again, maybe it takes spending money to make money. Hard to say."
Sakuro
An understanding nod was given when Willow explained her perspective. He was wondering if he was giving too much too quickly. There was a lot to impart and he had only started. In his mind, it was better for an employer to see a list of options and work towards achieving what they could when they could.

"Metal for the windows should not be expensive. Though, thinking on the subject more, it may be better to wait until after Monday. So that you have more money to invest with, if things pan out and you choose to do so."

There was a brief pause before Annex went on to add,

"There is always more that can be done to better one's position."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0203 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow nods back at you. "Indeed. On a personal level, I do not really know what I want to do to better myself. I am pretty happy here. It is a crappy part of the world to live in, perhaps, but it is my crappy part of the world."
Sakuro
Annex looked at the woman with a small measure of visible disapproval in his expression. In his mind being content was one of the worst things a person could be. Content people never made anything better and through complacency and inaction allowed things to get worse. Contentment was stagnation that could easily turn to an unhealthy decay.

"Then if you are not inclined toward bettering yourself, perhaps you are interested in improving your crappy environment. So that it is not so dismal and others can benefit."
Mercy

Willow laughs. "I did not say that I did not wish to improve myself, only that I did not know what it is I want to improve. Perhaps that is something that you can show me." She actually blushes a bit then changes the subject. "But I can certainly support improving the neighborhood."
Sakuro
"Then forgive my misunderstanding."

Annex paused to study Willow as she blushed when suggesting he might help her find out what she wanted to improve on a personal level. He did not touch on it though. As she move on, he took the social queue and went with it.

"Have you heard anymore about your delayed supply shipment? I overheard some people at the Stuff Shack talking and it sounds like your business is not the only one affected in the neighborhood."
Mercy

Willow nods. "They coughed up a bit of the delayed supplies this morning, but only part of the expected shipment. At this rate, we will be living from day to day waiting to see if the food shipment comes in. I wonder if maybe the drug guys might know of a different pipeline I can use for that. What do you think?"
Sakuro
Annex though on Willow's suggestion. He did not seem inclined to give a response as clear cut as 'this is a good idea' or 'this is a bad idea'. When he opened his mouth that much was confirmed.

"If you forge a good relationship with suppliers other gangs may have a harder time gaining traction in the neighborhood if you have their trust. It would be good to have connections outside the neighborhood. Expand your awareness. The downside is that you and the neighborhood may become more dependent on these people. As a result keeping their influence out of the area may become more difficult."

There was a pause to let the woman he was advising think on what he had said before he went on.

"You could also send someone to look into your current supplier, whether you speak with the drug dealer or not. Confirm it's truthfulness and see if there is any persisting danger that you should be aware of or advantage you can seize. He may be jacking up prices by withholding, or you could end up paying his thief if you turn to whomever the drug supplier points you to."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0204 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow gives a pretty laugh and shakes her head. "It sounds a lot like you are giving me advice to do this and then not to do it at the same time. So far, it seems like you are giving me the pros and cons but no real opinion as to whether I should do it or not."
Sakuro
Annex was not amused. He looked at the laughing brothel owner with neutral stoicism. That seemed to be his default demeanor, rather than a conscious effort to hide what he felt. The man did not have trouble shifting from giving detached advice to frank opinion on the matter though.

"In my opinion it is a bad idea to make deals and exchange favors with gangs. Using them or their connections should not be done lightly. Were I in your position I would look into your current supplier's situation and form a plan of action when I am better informed."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0205 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow's look gets more serious. "And yet you are also advising me to make a deal with a drug supplier, an obvious ganger, and talk to a gunman who currently works for a gang. I am confused."
Sakuro
Annex did not seem to mind when he was questioned or asked to explain something. At least when it did not come in some form of challenge. He was even tempered and calm as he outlined the reasoning behind his advice to his employer.

"From what I have been told the neighborhood would suffer without a supply of drugs and chips. There is also no alternative viable option presently known other than using the gangs as suppliers. In this regard dealing with them is a bad idea, but a necessity. Do you really want to be dependent on them for food as well? Is it a necessity, or do you have other options to look into? These are a couple questions you should consider before falling back on the gangs. As for the gunman, a mercenary is not their employer. Speaking with him gives the opportunity to find out more about him and to see if he is the kind of person you want to deal with."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0207 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow take a couple of minutes to digest this then nods. "OK. I think I get part of that. Maybe lots of it. I will try to sleep on it. Speaking of which......." She stands and stretches a bit. "Less than two hours until closing. I think I am ready for this night to be over. Let me make some checks with the girls."
Sakuro
Annex was quiet, content in silence as she considered what he had said. Later he remained seated as Willow rose. But his eyes moved with the brothel owner as she rose to her feet and stretched out.

"Would you like Grok to stop admitting customers?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0207 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow smiles as she shakes her head. "No, not really. The guys who come in this late are really only interested in taking a girl into one of the back rooms. Most of the lookers have already come in and many have left, too. I will take a walk about the floor and check on the girls to see how they are holding up."

With that she gives you a short wave and walks down to the floor, passing amidst the tables and chatting up the customers and the girls.
Sakuro
A single nod of acknowledgment was given in response to Willow's comments. While she mingled, Annex remained distant. Only leaving the periphery, or the booth, when he felt his presence might discourage some impending trouble. Or if he needed to intercede in some event. He paid attention to the girls, not just the customers, looking for cues that they might need or desire him to step in.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0310 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

The place is slowing down and there are even some seats vacant available on Perv Row. You have had to intercede in three potential fights that erupt over who asked one of the girls for a lap dance or a trip to the back rooms, but nothing major. The last twenty or so die hards are probably going to hang around until closing time in about an hour.
Sakuro
Closing in on the last hour Annex stopped off at the bar while he had been walking around the main room. Tempers and scuffles had seen a marginal increase the longer people stayed, and the more they drank. Tried, stressed, irritable, and inebriated people. It made sense. So Annex had remained on his feet and near the populated sections of the brothel. His stop at the bar was to fetch a cup of soycaf. A little caffeine to help him close out the night. Then it was back to the front lines, as it were.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0410 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

The last customer gone from club, the girls gather at a couple of the tables and sit down to relax. Caf is brought and they all take large mugs of the steaming liquid, chattering among themselves about the evening. All of them talk about how busy the place was, even for a Friday and there is a lot of talk about sore feet and sore bodies. The girls all bring out the tip money they have collected and begin counting out their shares and what goes into the common pot. Willow walks among them, making sure that everyone is OK and watching them relax. After a while, she sits down and starts counting the money in the group pot and dividing it into smaller piles. Grok comes over to the bar after making sure the building is secure and joins you for a cup of caf. "Some night, eh boss? Haven't seen em line up like that here in..........well, ever. This keeps up we might need a few more girls in here."

After a bit, Willow calls for the three of you to come over from the bar and asks that you get Talia from the kitchen. When you get to the table, she pushes a pile of nuyen to each of you. "Don't know if I mentioned it, but every Friday we do the tip splits for the staff not on the floor." She points to the four piles in turn. "Security, bar, and kitchen. All of us thank you for your assistance. It was a good week and it may get better. Oliver and Talia, your shares represent the two days you have worked here. Now, business. I have been thinking of some ways to expand the operation and we might have an opportunity to do just that. All in favor of at least exploring options?"

There is a bit of talk among the girls before they all vote to approve the motion. Willow, nods. "Thanks. I will begin that process and keep everyone in the know before doing anything." She rises from the table and steps back. "Well, that is all for now. I think that we can all give Oliver a round of thanks for his help here and I have no idea what we would have done without Talia in the kitchen. Thank you both."

There is a round of nods and agreement as the girls begin getting up form the table and going off to their rooms. Willow sighs and looks at you. "I am stepping outside for a few minutes to take some air. I will lock up afterwards if you want to go to bed."
Sakuro
Having his back to the back so that he could look out over the room Annex saw Grok's approach and nodded in acknowledgement of the Orc. He mused on the influx of clients the brothel had, and what it meant. Both in cause, and long term effects. Quiet initially, it took a minute for him to finally respond verbally.

"Additional girls and you would also have the dubious pleasure of even more people waiting in line grouching at you."

There was a pause before Annex went on, shifting topic.

"Later today, around ten hundred hours, we will be having a guest. Mr. Jameson, the man hired on by the Smoking Guns. I do not expect any trouble, but if you can find the time to be present at the Willow Tree then, I would appreciate it. In any case, no mention of this to anyone outside the staff."

When Willow called for the staff to assemble Annex went to the kitchen and informed Sevras that they were gathering in the front and her presence was requested as well. With the shares divvied up he nodded to Sevras, encouraging her to collect the small sum. Afterwards, with most readying to retire, Annex finished off his cup of soy-caf about the time Willow gave her offer to close up. He was disinclined to leave the woman unguarded, to some degree, and showed no signs of going to bed just yet as a result.

"I will wait for you. Enjoy the air."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0425 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow nods and thanks you as she leaves the building. This gives you the time to count your share of the money and it amounts to 427 Nuyen so it must have been a good night indeed. Sevras joins you at the table and hands you her share. "I have no use for this so you should take it to spend on us. Why are we waiting here?"
Sakuro
After Willow went her own way Annex settled in at the security booth and kept an eye on the camera feeds while he counted out his share of the tips. It was exceptional, given this an impressive pull given it was mostly one night in the Barrens. A nod follow Sevras' statement, and he tucked the money into an interior jacket pocket for safe keeping until they headed up to their room.

"I am keeping an eye on Willow until we lock up. People have already tried to corner and coerce her ... and that was in a crowded room."

Lifting his eye from the monitor briefly he regarded the drone while considering her question and potential purposes behind it beyond information gathering. While she was seated with him Annex took the time to update Sevras on what he and Willow had discussed as well as the meeting with the gunman later in the morning. Better to keep her appraised of events than in the dark. When he finished A glanced was given to the stairs leading to the second floor.

"You may head up to the room if you like. It did not sound like Willow intended to be long."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0429 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Sevras nods and stands up from the booth, heading off to the stairway leading to the residence rooms. She is barely out of sight up stairs when Willow comes in, softly rubbing her arms. She smiles at you and wiggles a set of keys. "I got the front. Want to do a walk around with me to make sure we are all tucked in for the night?"
Sakuro
He watched the machine's feminine figure retreat up the stairs, only to turn an eye back to the monitors once she was out of sight. Every second Willow was gone he was thinking of scenarios that could result in her harm and measured responses he could take. Routes of egress and interception he could take. A man could do a lot of thinking in a couple minutes. Especially about bad things happening. When Willow arrived he had a distant narrowed eyed look on his face that faded when he withdrew from rumination and observation to interacting with his ward herself.

"Alright."

That was his only response. Then he set about turning off the monitors in the booth and rising to his feet to join the brothel owner as they locked down the doors. Annex made sure to check windows as well.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 0454 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow is basically quiet during the walk around the building. It takes a few minutes to be sure that all doors and windows are secured. She walks wit you to the stairs, where she stops and turns to you. "Thank you, Oliver, you have been a big help these past two days. I am glad that you are making suggestions and hope that I do not upset you with either my questions or my reticence to move quickly on some of your ideas. I guess I am a bit scared of what the changes might bring. Perhaps I just need to sleep on some of these ideas. Good night."

Willow turns and you cannot help but admire the woman's form as she climbs the stairs in front of you.
Sakuro
Annex offered a singular nod of understanding when Willow thanked him and commented on her reserve and caution in the face of the ideas he had shared with her. Seeing no need to expand on what was already said, or dissuade Willow from her cautious and thoughtful approach, he all he said was a simple:

"You are welcome."

Willow went ahead of him of the stair allowing his a view of her walking away. He waited till she had advanced a meter or so before following after her. At the top of the stairs he offered her a parting ...

"Rest well."

... then went his own way to the room he and Sevras shared. His footfalls soft, as one accustomed to not wanting to alert others to his presence until it was advantageous to do so. In their shared room Annex stored away the cash he and Sevras had been given before dressing down and preparing to retire for the night.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1000 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Sevras is looking at you when you wake. "Others are stirring. Do you intend to stay in bed all day?"
Sakuro
Annex had regular and consistent insomnia. Not the nightmarish stuff that kept you awake twenty-four hours straight, or more. But he rarely slept more than four hours unless he was well and truly exhausted. More often than not he laid in bed just resting rather than sleeping. Resting and thinking. He had his metalink's alarm set to eight hundred hours as a reminder to get out of bed. It didn't go off today for some reason. A reliable piece of electronics, for sure.

Annex spent those two hours ruminating over a piece of horror involving an American journalist in Japan who visited an island where demons and whores ruled the night. There a deformed courtesan kept him company while he searched for a prostitute he loved and left years ago. It was a mind bending story. In the end he killed both women. Sins of his past and the man's mental instability were revealed. The Willow Tree made him think of that piece of fiction for some reason.

Eventually he grew weary of resting. An odd and uncomfortable sensation that came over him when he had over slept or rested. Opening his eyes he looked at the mimicry of a human face looking over at him. Instead he climbed out of bed and put his ear buds and lenses in. Pieces of technology augmenting him without being a part of him. Annex read the time on the AR HUD display that came up, confirming what his body had told him. He had spent too much time in bed. There were things he had wanted to do with those two hours. Now they were lost to him. Something put off for later. Hell, he would have liked to of gotten a bite to eat before the meeting at ten hundred hours. These things irritated him, but he did not dwell on them.

"Too much time in bed already."

... was his reply to his drone companion. There was not time for a shower. Not even a five minute one. So Annex used warm water from the room's sink and a wash cloth to wipe himself down in a quick sponge bath approach before dressing and brushing his teeth. Before heading out the door he checked the mechanisms of his, sidearm, the stock of ammunition in the clips, then holstered the weapon under his jacket.

"I am going to touch bases with Willow then head down to the cellar. Keep an eye out while the meeting with Jameson takes place."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1002 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Sevras nods at you as the two of you head to the door and go out into the upstairs hallway. You pass two of the girls coming from the shower room; they are dressed in robes and have towels wrapped around their hair. Both give you an interesting look and greet you a good morning as they go single file to allow you to pass. Once you are downstairs, you see several of the girls sitting at one of the tables playing cards with money on the table. Willow calls over to you from the bar, where she is going over some papers. "Morning. A kid came in a couple of minutes ago to let me know that our guest would be a few minutes late. He did not say why." She motions to the caf pot on the counter. "Some caf?"
Sakuro
As they walked by the two women Annex raised a hand in silent greeting to them. Otherwise he did not pay them or the looks they cast any more attention than polite acknowledgement of their presence. On the ground floor he survey the scene in a sweeping glance, then headed to the bar. A shake of the head was given when Willow offered him some soy-caf. He hadn't eaten anything yet, and it always upset his stomach when it was empty. A second was spared to think on the messenger that had been received. It was easy for him to read too much into such a seemingly small thing. Dark eyes narrowed and he looked to the security booth already thinking about tapping into those extra sensory measures. Then again, Jameson was perceptive enough to pick out at least one of the establishment's hidden cameras. When he responded to Willow he had the sound of someone who was in thought even as they talked.

"Would you like me to inform you when he and I are done talking, if it seems like he might be open to working with you?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1002 Willow Tree Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow nods and opens her mouth to say something when one of the girls comes out of the kitchen with a tray of food and says, "Hey, that scary guy from the gang is at the back door. He says he is here to meet with Oliver."
Sakuro
Annex waited a short time to give Willow a chance to say something, if she still intended to. Before parting ways with her he gave a quick parting comment.

"Keep your com on and if trouble stirs, stick close to Talia."

Then he stepped away from the bar and made his way to the kitchen, inquiring of the woman with the tray of food as he went by.

"Kitchen or cellar door?"

With that bit of information he went to the appropriate entrance to greet the Willow Tree's cat eyed guest. Opening the door he opened it wide enough to permit entrance and after giving the man a brief visual inspection he stepped to the side.

"Mr. Jameson. Come in."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012