Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Annex
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2213 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow gives a slight frown as you pull back, but nods at you information. "I thought it was too convenient to...................wait, did you say Koreans? Hmmmmm. I had a Korean lawyer in here two weeks ago. He said he represented a group of people who were interested in purchasing the Willow Tree and its assets, which would include the girls, of course. He was slimy as hell and I told him no thanks. He told me that the consortium would not be willing to negotiate from their position and that I might later wish I had agreed. I had to ask him if he wanted me to have Grok throw him out but he just left. Left a bad taste in my mouth from just talking to him. Do you think these people are behind this slowdown?"
Sakuro
"It is probable. Sit down with Melinda and go through the security footage. Find the lawyer and ask her to do a Matrix search on him. There are people I can ask to look into him as well, once I have a name and face to give them. We will see if we can find out who his employers are."

As he spoke Annex grasped hold of the chair he had earlier been sitting in and readjust it to its former positioning. A sign that he was preparing to end the meeting and head back to work on the main floor.

"Can you think of anything noteworthy about this property, it's history, or one or more of your employees?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2215 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow frowns. "I don't think that is possible, Oliver, as the tapes only go back a week then are written over by the new stuff. Like I said, it is a very basic system. Would a verbal description help?"

She shakes her head at your last question. "No, I cannot. All of here were loners and outcasts when we came together one by one. I know little of the history of the place but confess to not really being interested enough to ask anyone. I suppose the old ladies I bought the place from might know something..................or Doc, maybe. He has lived in the neighborhood forever."
Sakuro
There was some disappointment in Annex's face when Willow mentioned that the video of her unwanted guest was gone by now. It was fleeting though.

"A verbal description would not be useful for a matrix search or the people I would ask about him. It may also be worth conferring with Dr. Hayes on the topic of your property. It may be more valuable than you know."

He looked to the door, seeming to think on something. Then he looked back to Willow, studying her intently.

"You have shown an interest in having more than a professional relationship with me and I suspect your offer to make me a business partner is at least partially tied to that. Is that a correct observation?"
Mercy

The woman blushes and tries to look at the corner of the room for a second or two before looking back at you. Her face is still a bit flushed, but her voice is calm. "Yes. Yes it is, actually. I think that you are proving to be someone the club needs. And someone I would like to find out if I need. Right now I like you want you, but would like to give it a shot to see if there is more to it than that."
Sakuro
Annex turned his head, his body weight shifting to the side when Willow tried to look away. As though to prevent her from doing so. When she confirmed what he had said, he closed the distance between them with a steady stride. The man's left hand came up to her face. Fingers stroked along the side of her jaw, them gripped into it and applied gradual guiding pressure to tilt her head back and he looked down onto her face. He did not say anything right away, but rather studied the features of her face like one might study a landscape of painting. When he did speak again, his eyes moved to her's and there was something predatory in Annex's own.

"Would you be able, and willing, to be submissive to me in private while maintaining a professional partnership as equeals?"
Mercy

"What exactly do you mean by submissive, Oliver. I have done enough BDSM stuff to have an idea of what I think submissive is, but I would like to know what you think it is. I will say that I have come too far in my life to want to lick any more boots or throw away any shred of dignity I have left, but I am willing to listen to what you want from me. If we cannot agree, then we can go back to the way we were."
Sakuro
He seemed poised to do something, until Willow began explaining her stance. That sense of something about to happen faded though, and so with it the predatory cast to his gaze. Gradually his grasp on Willow's jaw loosened and his hand fell away from her. But he remained close.

"Submissive in the sense of a subordinate to a superior or a serf to a lord. I am not interested in tying you up, torturing, or demeaning you. But I am selfish. I would want my needs and desires to come before your own and may leave you denied."

When Annex talked about his selfishness there was no shame or negative connotation to it. The personality traits were mentioned in the same manner someone might talk about their eye or hair color.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2216 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow stays close and looks into our eyes, although she seems a bit deflated. "So, not an equal partnership in bed?" She shakes her head. "I have had a couple of those relationships in my life and they did not end well. I was hoping for something better than that this time and had thought you might as well."
Sakuro
He had known her response before she had said the words. Patiently he waited for them like the ending of a trideo he had already seen, but watched for another person's benefit. Annex let Willow look into his eyes, but that brief passion and searching intensity that had been there a moment ago was gone. He had already seen what he needed to, and what he was looking for was not there. When he replied to her comments about looking for something better the man's tone was neutral and understanding.

"That is good for you. Subordinating yourself to someone would weaken your ability to lead. You know I am not right for you though. You do not need to be distracted by that not knowing anymore. Now, there is work to do."

At that Annex took a step back, creating distance between them, then made his way to the door. He pause there, to the side of the doorway and turned to the side. His left hand came to knob and he looked to Willow, waiting. Stoic, the black clad man gave Willow time to sort herself, and when she was ready he would open the door for her to exit the office ahead of him and re-enter the club proper.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2218 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

It takes a couple of minutes for Willow to gather herself. Her face looks very sad as she walks towards you and she stops near you, looking up into your face and keeping her voice soft. "I am not sure if you are saying these things to try to keep me strong or if you really mean them and are looking for a woman I can never be again. In either case, I believe you to be wrong in this attitude. First, because I am already strong enough to do what I am already doing, but I am in need of a strong partner to help me go forward to the steps you are proposing. Second, I believe that you are wrong to look for a sexual subordinate who pretends to be an equal in public. That sort of woman is no good to anyone and would not be able to be a leader here. The girls would know and I could not lead them to be strong. For these reasons, I cannot accept that situation and I may need to re-evaluate my desires to expand. Can you not see it in yourself to be my equal partner in this endeavor, Oliver?"
Sakuro
Looking down at Willow without looking down on her Annex let the woman say what she needed to without interjection. There was only stoic silence. The woman's view on equality was wishful thinking to him. He knew the concept was a fiction people allowed themselves to believe in order to feel better. Someone always had the upper hand. This was not given voice though. He did not want to argue or get into a protracted discussion. It served no purpose here. He did respond when she questioned him though. Initially his words and tone were of a reassuring nature.

"I will continue to help you with your business while I am here. That has not changed."

There was a short pause, then his voice became firmer.

"Were we to have a business partnership, it would be strictly business. I also have external interests that will take me away from here. You would need to shoulder the burden during my absences."
[ Spoiler ]
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2219 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow waits a few moments to see if there is more that you are going to say. When it is clear that you have said your piece she nods. "Business it is, then. I am sorry and disappointed that you feel that way, but I can accept it and will move on. Please talk to me if you want to change your mind, but I don't think that you should wait too long to do so."

She walks past you out of the office and back onto the floor.
Sakuro
There were no feelings or observations that Annex shared. He was uncertain whether Willow would agree to his initial condition about having to leave from time to time, so he had not pressed further. Some things needed to be discussed: the responsibilities she saw him taking over, what Willow expected him to invest into business in order to gain his fifty percent of the business, and what he was to gain from all of this. All of that could wait for emotions to settle.

As Willow moved to make her exit Annex opened to door for her. After she had progressed a meter or so from the doorway he left as well, closing the door behind himself as he went. Before advancing into the main room he panned his vision over it, taking stock of the climate. Noting the location of Willow Tree employees and their relation to customers. He looked for problem zones. When he was assured that nothing immediately required his attention he moved to relieve Sevras from her position as sentinel. Even as he moved Annex composed a message in AR, which eh sent out to Melinda.

>>When you have the time, I would like you to perform a Matrix search on 'Guerrido Juarez'. He runs a local warehouse and distribution center. See if he has any Korean, corporate, or criminal affiliations.<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2220 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The floor is very busy and seems to be once again at full capacity. You do not receive an answer from Melinda. The new girl is back on stage for her second set and seems a bit more confident this time.
Sakuro
After relieving Sevras he composed a second message in AR, this one prepared for Grok.

>>We are at capacity. Hold off allowing anyone else in for now.<<

Annex monitored the volume of patrons, and would later make a point of signaling Grok when it was a good time to admit more. He did not want the place to burst at the seams and restrict security personnel or staff from easily moving around. Short of that was acceptable. After a time, when Melinda did not respond to his communications, he made his way to the security booth she had been stationed at. Assuming she was there he studied her and her work station to make certain she was not hindered in any obvious fashion before inquiring of her ...

"Did you receive my message?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2220 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

>>Already on it, Boss. Got a short line of about seven people, but it might grow. A bit of a drizzle is keeping the line shorter than last night.<<

Saturday 15 June 2075 2240 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

When you step to the booth and look past the security screen, you find that Melinda is busy working on several holographic screens at the same time. At your words, her hands immediately stop what they are doing and flash to the table in front of her and she bows her head. "Yes, Master. That work is completed."
Sakuro
"In the future I would appreciate it if you replied with a confirmation message, so that I know you have receive my missives."

Annex briefly studied the teenager, reflecting on her calling him 'master' once more, rather than 'sir' as she had after their last talk. It was likely habit and reflex. After that brief consideration he slid into the booth along side her.

"What were you able to find?"

While watching Melinda, and listening to what she had to share with him, he sent a message to Willow from AR.

>>Grok has informed me that there is some precipitation discouraging customers from lining up outside. Do you think we could arrange for a tarp to be petitioned over head, or some other improvised shelter?<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2240 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

"I am sorry, Mas.......sir. I took your message as an order and did not realize that you expected me to respond to it." The girl hunches her shoulders again at the implied criticism, as if waiting for a blow to fall for having failed at a task. When the blow does not come, she relaxes a bit. "Guerrido Juarez is the manager and part owner of a food supply and distribution warehouse. He has many customers, but the number is rising lately, after a reorganization was made to stem the loss of several of his largest clients. He started having problems two years ago, when some of his clients informed him that they were going to look elsewhere for their supplies. The loss in revenues was significant and he had to lay off employees and reduce the number of trucks owned. The trend continued when several of his mid-size clients began to tell him the same thing. He was in danger of closing entirely when he met Ran Rho, a man who had been in Seattle for a couple of years and was looking to get into some sort of business. In short order, he had married Guerrido's middle daughter and pumped some very much needed cash into the company. Soon, the customers he had lost over the past two years began returning to the company. He is bigger now than he was and seems to still be in control, but the indications I found lead me to believe that he is just the figurehead and that most day-to-day decisions are made by his son-in-law. Without being told, I did a cursory check on Ran Rho and his name popped on a number of inquiries within Korea, all relating to his association with the criminal underworld there."

Sakuro
His eyes hovered over Melinda patiently as she cringed in expectation of violence that did not come. While she spoke he listen, but his eyes flickered away from to the crowd and booth's monitors from time to time. Constantly keeping tabs on the club environment while making sure the Willow Tree's new spider was given due attention.

"You did well to follow up on this Ran Rho. Thank you for the report."

Repositioning himself in his seat he face forwards, toward the crowd and booth monitors so that he would not long need to turn his head or use peripheral vision to watch them. As he observed the club's population Annex though about the information that had been gathered today. It seemed an appropriate time to update Ni Ni Xiaolu, and so he sent her a message doing just that.

>>Unexpectedly, I have been offered an equal partnership in this business. I have also accepted the offer. Given the terms of our arrangement, I understand that this violates of our contract. I will understand if this upsets you. Should you desire a return of your upfront payment, that will be arranged. However, it is my hope that we can remain on good terms given our shared interests. Because of this hope I will operate under the expectation that we are, beginning with an update on the situation as my understanding of it has progressed.

Investigation confirms that the supply shortage previously mentioned is purposeful. Specific businesses are being targeted for acquisition by a Korean named Ran Rho and he is willing to use enforcers to make it happen. He is operating out of a warehouse and distribution center partially owned by his father-in-law, Guerrido Juarez. I have also been informed that a Korean lawyer came here seeking to purchase this property. He said that he represented a group. This suggests Ran Rho may have partners. Request that you look into Ran Rho and his potential affiliations and assosiates.

Additionally, a comlink with a high quality firewall would be useful for improving matrix security here. It would be helpful if you were able to facilitate the acquisition of one. This would not be an immediate purchase, however.
<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2244 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The response from Ni Ni takes a couple of minutes. >> I cannot say that I am pleased by this turn of events. You are supposed to protect her, not put her out of business. May I ask how this came about? Thank you for the information on the supplier. I will have someone look into Ran Rho. In light of the current situation, I would like an answer to my first question before I lay out money for equipment that may not be hers.<<
Sakuro
>>I will continue to protect her and her business interests. This, however, requires being proactive. During the course of my time here I have made a number of suggestions to improve her business. It is my belief that in order to increase her level of safety her financial security must also be built up. Personnel of talent must be hired. Equipment bought. While accepting of my advice, and desiring to build up her holdings, she expressed a great deal of stress over it today. She informed me that she would likely not be able to expand her business without a partner and asked me to take up that role. She expressed what she needed to go forward, and it would have been a mistake to backtrack or allow her to stagnate.<<
Mercy

>>Please believe that I want her interests and her protected. It is still very soon after you arrived there for you to be offered such an arrangement. For now, I will take your word that you have not put undue pressure on her for this offer. I will look into this Ran Rho for you and I will consider the purchase of the 'link. If I do buy it, how do recommend I get it into her hands without her knowing I have done it?<<
Sakuro
>>Your assistance is appreciated, as is your understanding. I am not asking you to make a purchase. A reliable seller with quality goods at reasonable prices is what I am hoping you would point me towards. Additional purchases may be sought for business related matrix expansion in the future. Such a person could also act as a medium for you to enact a partial payment on the comlink, if you wanted to supply monetary aid. This then allows us to pass off any reduced costs from the supplier as good deals, perhaps spurred by a need for a quick sale.<<
Mercy

>>Thank you for your recommendations. I will consider my options and get back to you.<<

At the conclusion of the call, Melinda tugs on your arm and points to a spot on the her holographic map of the floor. "Mas....Sir, one of my predictive algorithms tells me that sufficient micro indicators are present there to indicate the near certain probability of a severe argument breaking out at that table in the next few minutes."
Sakuro
Feeling the tugging at his limb Annex turned his eyes, then head, to look at Melinda. When she pointed his eyes followed the path of her finger to the visual representation on her holographic display. Behavioral predictive algorithms. Annex could see why an awkward teenage decker would have something like that. Not that he was expecting it though.

"Thank you for the forewarning."

Annex replied while studying the activity at the table for signs that would validate Melinda's predictions. He did not linger long though. Preferring not to chance it, even if he did not see what Melinda's program may have, Annex soon slid out of the booth and rose to his feet. Free of that confinement he approached the table Melinda had pointed out to him and observed. Looking for a suitable opportunity to interject when it appeared warranted. He wanted to intercede before there was a problem, but not without justification.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2247 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Initially, you can see no indication of any problem, but after a couple of minutes of watching the table, you realize that what appears to be a small verbal altercation is turning into something more.
Sakuro
When he saw signs that the verbal dispute would was bound to turn into something more Annex closed the distance between himself and the table's occupants. He did not conceal himself, wanting to be seen as he made his way over to them, and in fact maneuvered to make himself obvious as he drew near. On reaching the tableside Annex positioned himself so that he stood equal distance between the parties involved, but not between them. Raising his voice he spoke above the volume of the music, curt and sharp to draw attention away from each other and towards himself.

"What is the problem here?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2248 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

You are at the table just in time to halt the argument. One of the men looks up and seems about to snap out an angry response but it dies in his throat when he sees you standing there. He pales a bit then grabs his drink and gets up to leave the table. "Didn't mean nothing. I'll be going on home, now."
Sakuro
Annex's eyes narrowed subtly when he saw the man primed to respond with anger. The warning in his expression abated when the person halted the gut reaction, and got control of their emotions.

"You are welcome to stay and have a good time. Keep it civil if you do."

He had initially spoke to the man who mentioned he would be going home, but as he went on Annex looked to the other's at the table. Each one in turn for a couple seconds. Letting them know that he was talking to all of them, not just one person. After lingering a short time to ensure things had settled down at the table he withdrew from it and moved away to give the people their privacy.

After reaching a reasonable distance he spoke in a lowered voice, using his sub vocal microphone to transmit an audio message to Melinda.

>>That was a good catch Melinda. If you are comfortable doing so, I would like you to continue as security overwatch while I circulate around the main room. You can send me an ARO to direct me to problem areas.<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2253 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

>>Yes, Master. Thank you.<< Her voice sounds a bit surprised, as if she had not expected you to praise her. She sends you to a different table twice more in the next hour, each time you arrive before anything starts and quietly watch as her predictions turn into facts each time. Fortunately, you step in each time before it reaches critical mass.
Sakuro
Even with Melinda and her predictive software at work Annex did not slack off. No system was in fallible, however accurate. More eyes from differing perspectives were always useful as well. After about half an hour he returned to the security booth with something to eat and to drink. There he had his working break, but it only lasted until Annex finished his meal.
Mercy
Sunday 16 June 2075 0137 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

You are correct, of course, that more eyes are better and leaning on just one source of information can lead to trouble. During the night, you are called upon to deal with three additional problems, two predicted by Melinda and passed on to you, and a third that you see developing moments before you get a message from her about it. It strikes you that you have been extremely fortunate in that no two of the five potentially explosive events had happened at the same time and that things might have been dicier if they had.
Sakuro
Annex looked for patterns. Potential connecting factors to disputes. Triggers that could be observed without prying into personal affairs. Part of him would always be suspicious of outside influences, testing, probing, or exploiting situations like these. But a population of mostly work weary men with alcohol in their system and a limited pool of women to vie for the attention of was bound to create conflicts.

Security was understaffed since he arrived. It still was. Even with himself walking the floor, Grok at the door, and Melinda on overwatch. The backdoor was exposed. Sevras worked in the kitchen, which offered some eyes on that entrance, but her attention was not dedicated to security purposes. He was also of a mind that the club's main room could use three floormen, or two in addition to himself. One made due with the resources at their disposal, or cultivated more. Right now his time was taxed, but he was mindful of looking for opportunities to take advantage of.
Mercy
Sunday 16 June 2075 0200 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

As the night winds down, the crowd inside the Willow Tree begins to disperse. Some die-hards were getting a last lap dance or quick visit to one of the private rooms, but most of the patrons had dispersed back to their homes, wives, and girlfriends. It has been a good night and the girls on the floor start counting out and dividing up the tips. Willow is walking from girl to girl, giving encouragement. She spends some extra time with the new girl, who did quite well for her first time taking her clothes off for a room full of leering and horny men. The other girls also give her kudos for her first night and get her to talk about her experience and what she thinks about it. She blushes and shakes her head, telling them that it is all so unreal right now. Ginger comes to put an arm around her and tells her that it was her first time once and that it does get better.
Sakuro
Even as things died down Annex remained vigilant. Patrolling the room and unintrusively watching the people in it. When time progressed to the point where tips were being counted out he studying the behavior between Willow and the performers, and the performers with each other. Including the way they treated the new hire. The patron population thinned further, and the minutes ticked. Annex finally came back to the security booth Melinda was stationed at, but this time he did not take at seat.

"You did well today. Closing time is four hundred hours. After closing you should speak with Willow about arranging quarters for yourself. You may also want to introduce yourself to the rest of the staff when you have the time to do so. I am sure they will appreciate your looking out for them."
Mercy
Sunday 16 June 2075 0345 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Melinda nods but still keeps her head down. "Thank you...........sir. Willow has already given me a room. I will be with one of the other girls for a while." She pauses for a moment. "Thank you for the job."

The last patron is with Ginger in a private room and comes out, still zipping his pants but with a smile on his face. Grok secures the door and Willow gathers the staff for a short meeting. "Another successful week and we have done well. Some new staff that will help us be a bigger success. Please get acquainted and welcome the new people as part of our family. OK, off for the day and back on the stage on Monday afternoon."

Willow sticks around for a few moments then comes over to you. "May we talk for a couple of minutes, Oliver?"
Sakuro
After the gathering in which Willow addressed everyone Annex nodded in response to the woman's request to speak with him. Raising his left hand he indicated her office.

"Yes. Is privacy warranted?"

He allowed her to lead the way to the office, unless Willow was disinclined to relocated. In either case, once they were given some degree of privacy or it was indicated that none was necessary, he went on to speak further.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"
Mercy
Sunday 16 June 2075 0355 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow does indeed seem to want some privacy and leads the way to her office, motioning for you to close the door. "I am not sure how to say this, so I guess the best way is the direct way. I have been considering your offer and would like to reconsider my choice, if that is still an option. At least for a couple of times. I have had a few very bad experience with dominant partners and perhaps my judgment was clouded by the past. I do not know if your definition of subordinate and dom is the same as mine. Would you be willing to let me see if what you are talking about is something I can live with?"
Sakuro
Annex made sure to close and lock the door behind him once they were both inside the confines of the office. Facing Willow he listened to what she had to say attentively. Even though she had earlier said that his inclinations were wrong and bad, there was no reprimand. Those blue-grey eyes studied her at first, listening not just to her words but her body language and demeanor as well. When Willow made her request a small smile hooked at the corner of his lips. It was an expression that reflected outwards, as though to affirm the woman had made a proper decision. It was like a ray of sunlight amidst the temperate chill of his normally stoic or neutral expression.

"Yes. I would like that."

As he said the words Annex's left hand rose to the side of Willow's face. There his finger's caressed over her cheek, descending down along her jawline until they reached her chin. Then, fingers lightly curling inwards to hook behind her chin he gently pulled her head towards him. Guiding and luring. Not forcing. But if she followed the pull Annex would lean his head down to meet her path and press a kiss to her lips.
Mercy
Sunday 16 June 2075 0357 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow does not resist the pull and her mouth is waiting for yours to touch hers and her body shakes just a bit from the touch. As you kiss, her hand lifts to touch the one behind her chin and caresses it.
Sakuro
One kiss lead to a morning of passion. Annex did not tend to sleep much, but this morning's slumber was at least restful in the company of Willow and Sevras. Though he woke earlier, and simply lay resting for a while, he finally got out of bed around ten o'clock. Collected his scattered clothing, and dressed himself for the day. That would give him time to eat and do a couple things that he wanted to accomplish before his meeting at noon. Hopefully he could arrange for some street kids to keep eyes on the Smoking Guns. There was also meeting Jimmy, the young man Willow had mentioned to him. He was a potential recruit for the mission. Annex considered these things a he prepared himself to set out for the kitchen.
Mercy
Sunday 16 June 2075 1000 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow is still sleeping when you wake, but Sevras has already disappeared from the bed. The main room is fairly quiet, with only the normal four poker players in view as you walk into the room. You can hear some noise from the kitchen but any talking from the girls stops and they all look at you for a few moments before going back to playing. The solid divider at the security booth is up so you cannot tell if Melinda in there or not.
Sakuro
Annex didn't act any differently than he might if he were leaving his own room instead of Willow's office. As he walked by the four poker players who were staring at him he gave a brief,

"Morning, ladies."

... but did not pause in his advance on the kitchen. In route he took in the rest of the room. It was so quiet and sparsely populated compared to work hours. A welcome change. At least in so far as the man's personal comfort was concerned. On reaching the kitchen door he grasped hold of the knob, turned it, and pulled the door open before stepping through. Before taking action he took stock of who was present in the room and what they were doing.
Mercy
Sunday 16 June 2075 1003 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

As you pass them, the four strippers smile and go back to playing cards. As usual, it looks like Ginger has the largest amount of cash in front of her.

Only Sevras is in the kitchen and it looks like she is cleaning up.
Sakuro
After his initial pause Annex stepped out of the doorway and into kitchen. With no food prepared for the general population of the club, or being prepared, he went about the room sifting through crevices for materials to fashion together s meal for himself. As he went he spoke to Sevras.

"Morning. Have you seen Grok or Melinda yet?"
Mercy
Sunday 16 June 2075 1003 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Sevras turns to you and nods. "Yes. Grok said he was going to the Stuffer Shack down the street for breakfast and Melinda is in the security booth. May I ask if you are contemplating having sex with me. I do have all of the requisite parts to make that a stimulating and enjoyable experience. I also enjoyed learning from Willow. Are you in love with her or is it just for the sex?"
Sakuro
"Yes, I do want to have sex with you. There are other things that need to be done today though, and they need to take priority."

Annex replied in a conversational manner while heating up something labeled as eggs, but that was poured our from a carton. The thick liquid concealed fast and took up the semblance of scrambled eggs. Sort of. When he deemed the no-eggs were done he poured them out onto a slice of bread and made a sandwich out of it. Annex took the not-egg sandwich into one hand and eyed it for a few seconds. Just a few days ago he was eating a significantly higher quality of fake eggs.

"I am not in love with Willow. Nor is our relationship just about sex for me. Emotions are complicated and do not always favor extremes."

With that he started in on the not-egg sandwich, intent on finishing quickly.
Mercy
Sunday 16 June 2075 1006 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Sevras nods then goes back to cleaning the kitchen. The door opens and Jameson walks in, eyeing both of you but nodding as he makes his way to grab up the same carton of eggs that you had used. "Morning, Boss. We still on for later?"
Sakuro
Use to eating between combat engagements and on the move Annex wolfed down his not-egg sandwich fairly quickly. When Jameson entered his eyes shifted away from Sevras to the cat eyed mercenary. He made sure to clear his mouth of food before speaking.

"Morning. Yes. The meeting will be at twelve hundred hours, in one of the back rooms. If you see Grok before then, let him know I would like to speak with him."

Annex waited a beat for further comments or questions from either Jameson or Sevras. If there were none, he exited the kitchen with the intent of heading over to the security booth and speaking to Melinda. It was everyone's day off, but perhaps he could convince Grok and Melinda to be on duty while he and Sevras dealt with the Smoking Guns later in the day. He would feel better about being away with some security personnel present in his absence.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012