Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Annex
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1222 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow shakes her head and gives a thoughtful look. "Don't have a good room for that down here. There is a spare room upstairs, but I was reserving that for another couple of girls as we expand. We could build a room down here, I suppose, but it would reduce the floor space for customers. Any ideas?"
Sakuro
Before responding to Willow's request for suggestions Annex looked to the stairs. Then the door leading to the kitchen. He paused and stared thoughtfully with each glance. Taking his time before looking back to Willow with a response.

"Is there room in the cellar, or can it be expanded to create more space without great expense?"

"A separate idea from the security observation room is that as you expand, if you do not want to build onto your own structure or lack resources to do so, you could consider buying or renting space in adjoining buildings. When you are paying for your staff's rooming in an apartment building, for example, you may even be able to cut a group deal. Also, were all of your staff living offsite you could dedicate the entirety of the Willow Tree's space to your business."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1225 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow shrugs. "The cellar is a certain size and I do not know how easy it would be to expand it, or how expensive that would be. I suppose that we would need to get a builder of some kind to look at it and tell us those things."

To your second statement, she shakes her head. "Having the girls live off-site is not going to happen, Oliver. When we started this together, I promised all of them that they could live here until they left or I closed up. I am sure that you have heard just about every sob story ever told by now, but these girls were scraping bottom when I found them, one or two at a time. No going back on that promise, although if I paid for rooms at an apartment building? That might be acceptable to me. Now, moving might be possible, but we would need to find a place and there I do not think that there are any appropriate buildings near here that would work."
Sakuro
Annex listened to the woman's reply. He was unmoved by the sob story element of her reasoning. But he could appreciate Willow's expressed noblesse oblige. Her sense of responsibility for the people under her.

"Reduce space open to customers, build on your current structure, or acquire offsite living space for your employees. Those are your options if you want to develop your business further at this location or increase the staff you can support."

The options were laid out matter-of-factly with no preference indicated in his voice. Since expanding the Willow Tree and offsite space received the most interest from Willow, he expanded on those more.

"Assuming you went with acquiring living space for your staff offsite, you could negotiate for improved living standards for your people as part of the deal at an apartment building. You could also speak with the girls to see how open to the idea they are as well. It may not be such a blow if everyone were able to stay together, relatively speaking. Say, living on the same floor, for example. You can also compare prices and weigh which is more financially viable: building up your holdings or renting living space for your employees."
Mercy

Willow nods. "Makes sense. I will consider those options. I think I prefer getting them housing together above the others, but I need to discuss it with the girls."
Sakuro
With the conversation seeming to draw to a natural close Annex pulled away from the bar and swept his eyes over the brothel's main entertaining room. Marking customers, their positions, and dispositions.

"Then unless there is something more you feel needs to be discussed, I will leave you to your work."
Mercy

Willow nods and smiles at you before walking away. While you are waiting tor the crowds to come in, you get a text message on your 'link from Ni Ni Xiaolu. >>Can you talk?<<
Sakuro
Annex was walking about the main room. Out of the way of staff and patrons, but stretching his legs and keeping an eye on things in an unobtrusive fashion. Then he received the text message, it's flag appearing his AR HUD indicating a priority sender. He was not expecting contact from Ni Ni Xiaolu requesting an update for at least a week's time, so it came as a small surprise when he read the text message. Without pulling out his link, as he was able to operate it hands free with the DNI his trode headband provides, he sent a response.

>>By comlink. The Willow Tree is open now.<<
Mercy

>>So I hear through rumor. I also hear that there has been additional gang violence in the area. Is she safe?<<
Sakuro
Outwardly Annex's demeanor hadn't changed. Someone looking very closely might notice the movements of his eyes indicating that his attention was divided between AR and the real world. But otherwise he continued as he had been.

>>She is as safe as she can be without extreme or overt measures being taken. There were two minor gangs in the area. One has been eliminated. The other is planned to be disbanded soon. She has contracted additional professional martial support. Her passive security is in the process of being improved. I have also begun an initiative that, if successful, should increase the general safety of the area she lives in. Right now her only danger is a shortage of supplies. That matter is presently being looked into.<<
Mercy

The response is quick. >>Thank you. Is there something I can provide to you that would help?<<
Sakuro
When the offer was made a list of helpful assets ran through his mind. Some were not immediately needed. Other impractical due to the cover he needed to maintain. Mentally he narrowed it down to just a couple concerns. Not once did he consider taking advantage of his employer's concern for her granddaughter to get something extra solely for himself, even though he was intellectually aware of the opportunity.

>>If the supply shortage is unable to be resolved it would be beneficial were I able to steer her towards a new supplier. She is considering dealing with gangs as a backup measure. I have advised against this, which is why it was not her first resort. Additionally, attached is an image of the contractor she has hired. It would be prudent to look into his history, if anything can be found. His current alias is Jameson and his accent sounds Eastern European.<<

Following the text message Annex included a visual of Jameson he had taken with his contact lenses.
Mercy

>>Thank you. I will see what I can do about the supply situation and I will have someone look into this man. I will be in touch.<<

Sakuro
At the conclusion of their exchange Annex deleted the messages he had received then closed the texting window in his AR HUD. Once again his full attention was back on the real world. That and the constant flow of thought, plans, and observations running through his active mind. For now Annex watched and waited as he walked around the room.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1535 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

About an hour and a half after the official opening time, you get a hail from Grok. >>Hey, Boss. The handout guys just drove up. Hmmmm, yep, looks like Sergeant Mills and a newbir I don't recognize. They will be coming in the door in about thirty seconds. You have the donuts ready?<<
Sakuro
Annex's brow furrowed upon receiving Grok's message. This was something unexpected. Something he was not informed of. He liked neither of those things. That much was expressed in his voice as he responded.

>>I was not informed of this arrangements.<<

Right after he resonded to Grok Annex gave Willow a call on her comlink rather than track her down. Assuming she answered he responded via audio while watching the door for the entering Sergeant Mills.

>>Grok has informed me that a Sergeant Mills has arrived with a companion. Donuts and a handout were mentioned. Who is this person and what is the nature of your relationship?<<
Mercy

>>Frag, is it that time of the month already? I guess it is. Mills is the KE sergeant in charge of the vice squad for this area and several others. He reports to a Lieutenant Walker. Now, SHE is a real piece of work. They are both about as bent as they come, but they do have some ability to harass the heck out of us. She sends Mills out twice a month, on the first and fifteenth, for a "sin tax" on what we do here. I just pay it because the alternative is to have the vice goons down here every day, chasing my customers away and arresting me and the girls. I spent a few nights in their jail when I first started and did not want to pay. It was not pretty. Some of those KE thugs are worse than the gangers. The donuts is just a joke, but I will be down with the stick to give him.<<
Sakuro
Some people might have seen this arrangement as a wrong that needed to be righted. An affront. An offensive exploitation. Annex saw an opportunity. Shortly after Willow explained the arrangement Annex replied.

>>We may be able to use this Sergeant Mills to help expedite Samantha's police unit proposal and rid your buisness of this taxation. If we can get some leverage on him, such as a recording of him taking bribes like the one you are about to deliver. Even better if he admits to some of his other illicit deals in the process.<<
Mercy

>>Ha. I have never been in a place that did not have some sort of taxation like this. Gangers, cops, politicians, what have you. It is just a part of doing business. The good ones make sure that the payments are not more than is manageable. Still, let me talk to him and get a recording. What sort of things are you looking at...............why don't you come with me and you can ask what you want?<<
Sakuro
Willow's response was typical of her behavior so far. She accepted people exploiting her and did not seek a way to rid herself of that exploitation without encouragement and support. That was something he needed to help her work past.

>>Paying for a service or favors is one thing. But you are getting nothing. Do not think like a victim. If you ordered it, this man and his entire family would be dead.<<

That last statement was emphasized. She didn't know Annex's background for his skills, but she knew Jameson's. This very morning she had hired on a professional killer who had wiped out an entire gang over night. He allowed a moment of silence for that realization to sink in before he went on.

>>Does your security usually accompany you to the pay off? This should proceed as normal. You want him to feel comfortable and let his guard down. It may be best for me to step in after we have what we need. To deliver the ultimatum and prevent him from trying to strong arm you.<<

>>As for some things to get on record: Does Mills every partake of the Willow Tree's sexual services? You could get him to talk about that. If we had video of it, even better. It would also be good if he mentioned other people he received bribes from. Does he get money from drug dealers? Does he use any illegal substances? The supplier is coming Monday. That is a potential lead in if he is aware of it. Another topic is how much he earns from his side business extorting illicit businesses. You could ask if the new person with him is getting a cut and what size in comparison to Mill's. Does his boss know what he is doing and if so does she get a cut? If he mentions Walker in a way that reveals her corruption, that could hurt her too. Leaving him to feel less protected by her, and more likely to earn her ire than her help.<<
Mercy

>>I am not sure that I could order the death of a man's family, Oliver. Of course, he uses our services here. Ginger is his favorite and he usually get some time with her in one of the private rooms after he get his payment from me. No, it is not usual for anyone to accompany me, but things could have changed due to what has been happening. I am sure that he gets something from lots of people and that he shares it with his lieutenant. I have seen her here a couple of times. I can try to bring out answers to some of your questions.<<
Sakuro
Annex paused as he listened to Willow. It was one thing to be corrupt but this Mills and his superior, Walker, they seemed brazen. Sloppy. Likely because they were use to dealing with people who had given up. Victims waiting to be victimized or people too use to what was already established. He noted that Willow may have missed the point he was trying to make. So he stated it as clearly as he could.

>>My point is, you are not someone to be taken advantage of. As we will show the Sergeant. Now, if things go well, you may wish to offer to have him on your payroll and continue to pay him ... but for services he is expected to perform. A Knight Errant sergeant, or lieutenant, would be useful assets.<<

>>You mentioned that the lieutenant visited in the past. Do you keep old security footage? Having some with her in it would be useful.<<

There was a pause as he considered Willow's comment about change. Giving him a way in to accompany her. He could understand her potential need for support in this undertaking as well. But she needed to get use to handling matters like this, and dealing with people like Jameson. That didn't mean he was going to leave her to it alone. Laying out a general set by step plan he spoke to her, reassuring her that he would be at hand even if he was not right beside her.

>>Get what you can from him without being obvious. Pay him. If he has his session with Ginger we will keep a recording of that. When he finishes we confront him together. Otherwise, signal me if I am needed or if he plans to leave early. I will be nearby and have Grok and Talia ready to support us.<<
Mercy

Willow nods and smiles at you. >>Thank you, Oliver. I will be right there.<<

You see a slightly overweight man wearing the uniform of a KE sergeant. Grok is with him and points in your direction.
Sakuro
He took note of the officer with Grok but did not approach or give an overt indication that he was monitoring the sergeant closely. Instead he continued his walk about the floor as though Mill's visit were routine. At the same time he sent Sevras' a message.

>>The Willow Tree has received a visit from corrupt Knight Errant officers. I would like you to be ready for action if things go poorly.<<

Annex waited, watching for when Grok was able to step away from Mills before sending him a similar message.

>>There has been a change of plans on the handout arrangement. I need you on standby but do not give anything away. Be ready to look mean and possibly bust skulls if the situation heads south.<<
Mercy

The rookie stays at the door while the sergeant saunters over to where you are standing. He does not bother to offer to shake your hand but he does look you up and down a couple of times as he walks over. Halfway to you, his attention is grabbed by seeing Ginger walking around the floor. He waves at her then continues over to you. "Hey, Oliver, right? I am here to see Willow on business, so how about you let her know I am here?"
Sakuro
Though he noticed Mill's approach, he made no effort to close the distance between them. Instead he allowed the Sergeant to come to him. Increasing the distance between himself and the rookie who remained at the door. When he was close enough to speak with Annex turned to face the man fully and began recording their conversation via his audio and visual aids.

"My employer has been informed of your arrival. You will have your payment. In the meantime I am sure one of the ladies could keep you entertained."
Mercy

The man in the KE uniform gives you a smile that does not make it to the eyes as he shakes his head. "That is not how we do it, sport. They must not have told you yet, so I can give you a pass this time. First I talk to Willow then I get so talk to Ginger in one of the private rooms. So, as long as Willow knows I am here, you can take me back to where she is."
Sakuro
He didn't smile. He didn't frown. There was no argument. Annex just quietly looked at the man in a fashion that made it evident he wasn't taking Mills anywhere, and he wasn't taking orders from anyone. After a prolonged silence that would be socially uncomfortable for anyone expecting someone to actually talk back to them he finally spoke.

"If you do not want to have sex with a pretty woman, then you will have to settle for conversation with me while you wait for my employer."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1536 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The man looks at you and shrugs his shoulders. "Look, you are new here and maybe just don't know the ropes yet. There is no reason to be belligerent. Willow knows the score so please take me to her. Too much delay could mean a small added burden on her this month. Now, neither of us would like that, would we? So take me to her."
Sakuro
There was no sign that Annex was phased by the attempt at a threat from the sergeant. Nor did he show hostility in his manner. Just a calm, confident, stoicism. He was quiet again though. Creating another long drawn out silence. When he did speak up it was in a neutral tone.

"Relax Mr. Mills. You will receive what you are owed. How much do you make off of a place like this anyway? Enough for your own hired help, or do we need to be careful around that one?"

With that concluding query he nodded briefly in the general direction of the man at the door. Even as he did, Annex did not take his eyes off the sergeant.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1537 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The sergeant comes off every bit as calm and collected as you are. If you have a preconceived notion of how a bent cop would act, Mills is not fitting that mold. He may have a slight bit of extra weight on his frame, but your analysis of him so far is that he might just be capable in a fight. His eyes flick to the officer at the door, who seems very interested in the girls and less interested in watching to see if his partner might need help. He seems to ignore your questions about what he is owed or what his cut is. "The rookie? He's so new, the paint even dry on him yet. I am showing him the ropes. Apparently not so full of moral indignity that he isn't appreciate of the girls here. Kid might work out."

He takes a look around. "Why do I get the idea that I am being delayed. I would appreciate it if you would quit jerking me around. I understand that as the new head security guy here you need to flex your muscles a bit, but I have other stops to make and you are eating into my fun time. You going to take me to see Willow or tell me where she is or what?"
Sakuro
Mills was about as evasive as he expected. Which is why he did not want to be the one questioning the man. Annex was another man. Men, in general, were naturally competitive and more defensive around other men especially in the presence of women. There was also his role in security and a new face, rather than the female person he knew and had been leeching off of for some time. If Mills had advanced to Sergeant in the Knight Errant law enforcement division he had to have been competent to some degree as well. Annex also knew his own limitations. He wasn't able to be the light touch that he felt was needed to get Mills to open up. The encounter was going about as he estimated.

While Mill's tried to add pressure and rush things, Annex was patient. He created pauses to slow the pace of their conversation and kept the tone, at least on his side, relaxed despite the officer's attempt to try to control it and create a sense of urgency.

"No one is delaying you. The bar and the Ginger's services are available to you."

After mentioning Ginger he shifted his gaze briefly to the woman. Perhaps that was a weakness he could exploit. Then back to Mills. Curiosity entering his voice.

"She seems to be popular. What is so special about her? They are all pretty."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1538 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Mills bristles a bit. "None as pretty as her, but then you probably already know that. And I usually do not visit with her until after my dealings with Willow. At this point, you are in danger of making me late to my next appointment and that will anger me and cause some added cost to be added or............................."

He leaves the last part unsaid, then adds as he shrugs his shoulders and straightens. "If you do not take me to see her in the next few seconds, I am walking. and I will be sure to let Willow know that it was your grandstanding that caused the additional scrutiny from KE in the next month. Decision time."
Sakuro
While Annex remained unaffected by the implied threats from Mills, he was himself curious what was taking up Willow's time. There was a note of concern there as well. He had not seen Jameson's departure, but that was to be expected. Still, he was not entirely trustful of the man. Anyone, really.

"I will not take you to her. Part of my job is ensuring the privacy of my employer. If you like, I will check to see what is keeping her while Ginger provides you with company."

Without waiting for Mill's response Annex looked around the room and spotting Ginger, he raised a hand, beckoning her to come over. Assuming the woman heeded him and came over Annex spoke again to Mills as the prostitute came into earshot.

"She would no doubt be disappointed were you to cancel your appointment with her."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1538 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Ginger comes over, her slight frown immediately replaced with a smile. "Rod, how nice to see you. May I get you a drink? I think I know what you like and will be right back with it?"

Ginger turns and walks off and Mills' eyes follow her. As you turn to go get Willow, you see her coming your way. She gives Mills a big smile. "Sergeant Mills, how nice to see you. I am so sorry that I was delayed. Please come this way, won't you?"

Mills gives one more look at Ginger's retreating form and turns to Willow. "About time. Your new security chief was giving me the old stand down."

"It was not his fault that I was not ready. Let's go, shall we?"

Mills gives you an odd look as he follows Willow off to her small office area. A couple of seconds later, Ginger arrives with a tall glass on a tray. "Oliver? Where did Sergeant Mills go?"
Sakuro
There was a small measure of relief when he saw Willow's approach. Firstly his instinctive suspicions about what could have delayed her were disproven. He also would not need to prolong the stand off with Mills. Though Ginger had no doubt aided in stalling him for Willow's arrival. Ginger and Willow could do what he couldn't: pretend to like someone. He also was not subtle. The best Annex could do was guarded politeness. As Willow approached he turned back to face Mills, and later watched the two depart for Willow's office without moving. Only monitoring their progress until they were gone from sight and Ginger had returned. Then his eyes were on her.

"With Willow to her office. Thank you Ginger."

He paused, considering the situation. Annex wanted to review the security logs to see what footage was already recorded. But not in front of the officer at the door. He might also be able to coordinate what came next with Ginger. If she had a goal, she might be able to assist rather than assuming all was routine. Then again, that might give her too much to think about.

"How do you feel about Mr. Mills?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1539 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Ginger gives a little laugh. "Feel about him? He's my husband, so how am I supposed to feel about him? We were supposed to get a divorce three years ago, but one thing after another kept delaying it and I guess it is what it is now and that I am technically still married to him. What do you want to know about him?"
Sakuro
Few things surprised Annex. But hearing that a Knight Errant Sergeant was married to a prostitute genuinely surprised the man. It made sense with the way he acted around her. However he had suspected a crush or some other emotional attachment. Not marriage. Not a legally binding, documented, relationship to a women working in an illicit business. That was fairly damning information in and of itself. The outward, visible reaction he gave was minor. Subtle shifting of expression. A slightly raised eyebrow.

"I am sure there is a very interesting story involved."

Annex did not inquire into the relationship further, but he took Ginger's invitation for ask about her husband as a sign of her willingness to share. After he had mentally worked past the sudden reveal that had been delivered, Annex went on.

"You are aware that Mr. Mills is involved in extorting the Willow Tree, I take it? I would like to see that end. Is there anything you can think of that would detour this? Any leverage to be exploited?"
Mercy

Ginger looks around a bit then shrugs her pretty shoulders. "I still love the man, Oliver. It was his job I hated. He is Gang and Vice and most of his time is deep undercover. He could not talk to me about his job and most of the time I never knew if he was ever coming home or what he was doing. I worried myself sick every day and just could not take it any longer. Thank God there were no kids. I was a wreck and had to get out. He said OK to the divorce but there was always something in the paperwork that needed fixing. I just moved out. He offered to help me pay for things, but in my mind that was just the same as what I was trying to leave so I told him no. I flopped with friends for a bit but ran out of options after a few months. Someone told me about this place and I came to see if I could get a job here waiting tables or something. Turns out I like stripping and sex. I got it good here, Oliver. I see him twice a month, regular as a clock. The sex with him is great every time. I still worry about him, but at least I don't sit at home alone and worry."

"As to hitting up Willow, yeah, I know that. He was a good cop, Oliver, but this town can change you, you know? He changed. Such is life here in the Barrens. Everyone is being shaken down by someone. Just the cost of doing business, I guess. I got nothing for you about leverage unless it's me. He still loves me."
Sakuro
He had not expected Ginger to actually she the details of her relationship with Mill. But Annex listened. Part of him didn't want to. It gave a personal level to dealing with the man that would have been easier to do without. Humanizing someone you might need to beat to a bloody pulp, or kill, made the act that much more difficult.

"The cost of doing business. That is what people use to being taken advantage of say. It is extortion Ginger. Parasitic. Nothing is being given, only taken. Lives made worse. Not better."

Annex paused. Stopping himself from sermonizing on the topic. People conditioned for generations to think a certain way could not be deprogrammed in a couple of days.

"I would rather not do anything to jeopardize you. Knowing now what I do about your relationship with Mr. Mills I would also prefer to avoid harming your relationship, and someone you care for."

At that point Annex gave the woman a look designed to communicate that he was thinking about what to do with her, Mills, and the information she had provided him with.

"Does he listen to your counsel? Say you came to him with an alternative to extorting the Willow Tree and other businesses in this neighborhood. One that benefitted him and allowed him in some way to be a good officer again."
Mercy

Ginger looks a bit undecided. "I don't know, Oliver. He might go for something like that, but he has been on the edge of wrong for so long that he might not even know what right is any longer. You know what I mean? What is it you want me to tell him?"
Sakuro
Regarding the woman, Annex weighed her dubious expression and wondered how much she would share with Mills regardless of what he asked her and not to. It was possible he had already made a misstep. The pause he gave was only brief though, and his response came easily, as though expecting her question.

"There is a group in this neighborhood forming to deal with the harmful elements. An unofficial policing unit. The problem they are bound to have is long term imprisonment of criminals whose crimes do not warrant a death penalty. This group could turn over those criminals to Mr. Mills to claim as his own arrests. Is that something you think he would value?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1540 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Ginger nods. "He might just go for that. After all, what does he lose if he gets credit for the busts? Do you want me to sound him out when I see him?"
Sakuro
"Please do."

Before speaking again Annex took some time to consider his words and how he wanted to phrase them.

"There is another thing. Were you working here when Mr. Mills had Willow and the other girls jailed for a time? I wonder if he would have tried to protect you from that ... and if he did, how he would react were you to refuse such protection, choosing to stand united with the others."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1540 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Ginger laughs. "Of course I went to jail with the rest of them. I am his wife, but still a stripper and prostitute. I think it bothered him, especially because some of the guys recognized me as his wife. I heard that he caught lots of drek for that. You know, people asking what I charged, that sort of thing. I even had two of them come down here and ask for me. Part of my job, you know, to let them fuck me, but I was very sad to think that some of his friends were going to brag about bagging his old lady. Not really friends, I guess, were they? Anyway, the jail was not very comfortable there, but it only lasted a few days. It happens, right? Got to expect that when doing what I do. So, what exactly should I say to him?"
Sakuro
A singular nod was delivered after Ginger's comments. It was not a sympathetic gesture, but an understanding one. Part of him had hope it would be ease as one person standing up for their peers, but it was no an expectation. Though what Ginger said supported, to a degree, the idea that Mills received pressure from his superior to bring in the money. Which meant it might not be up to him. Annex thought about this and Ginger's question simultaneously.

"You would know how to broach the topic with him better than I. Certainly do not talk about a plan to rid the Willow Tree of it's extortion. But you could mention that you heard of this unofficial policing unit forming, and see how he feels about the aspect of handing criminals over to him in return for ending extortion fees on harmless businesses in the neighborhood."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1542 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Ginger nods then looks over your shoulder at where Sergeant Mills and Willow are coming out of her office. She winks at you and says, "Show time." Her walk is about as sexy as any you have ever seen as she walks to Mills. She takes him by the hand and walks off in the direction of the private rooms as Willow comes up to you.

"Well? You two have a nice chat?"
Sakuro
Annex watched Ginger depart with her husband, slash extorter, slash John. It was amazing what people could be conditioned to not only tolerate, but willingly accept. Once the pair were well on their way, out of earshot, he shifted his eyes to the side so as to look at Willow without turning his head.

"Mr. Mills was as evasive as I anticipated he would be when speaking with me. Ginger was more informative."

As he went on Annex looked to the rookie who had been stationed at the door. Giving a quick visual check of on him, then the rest of the room, before giving Willow his attention again.

"I have asked her to test the waters and see how receptive Mr. Mills might be to the prisoner hand off replacing extortion of businesses in this neighborhood. Though I suspect that even if he is amenable to the idea, he may still have to appease his superior by bringing in money."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1544 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Everything looks OK in the room. The rookie cop is staring at the stage, almost as if he has never seen naked women before. From your vantage point, he seems a bit entranced and his appreciation of the girls is a bit obvious.

Willow nods. "Ginger is nice. I think she will be able to at least open the conversation for us and he will probably listen to her. After that it will be up to us to make it work. I suspect that he is just a lower echelon man and that he has to give the money to his superior, arrests might not be enough if that superior has grown used to a certain fund stream."
Sakuro
"Which is why it would be good if we had something on the superior, as well as paid Mr. Mills for actual favors. Given what Ginger told me, I think he would be a useful asset regardless of his rank."

Raising his right hand he gestured subtly for Willow to accompany him as he began walking towards the security booth. The rookie was well distracted, and the booth, from what he could tell, did not project it's security features in an obvious way. For onlookers anyway.

"Were you able to have a revealing conversation? Failing that, do you personally know of any other businesses in the neighborhood that are extorted by the KE? It would be nice to have an idea how much money would be lost."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012