Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Annex
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1638 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Melinda's fingers move quickly for a few seconds then stop. "The threat is minimal. No damage to any systems or sub-systems. This is a spooler virus; one designed to run a spool of something, usually ads, that will pop up on your screen every few minutes. In this case there are three hundred thirty-seven dirty jokes that would repeat themselves over time. Just a time waster, but the code is good. The hacker that designed this knows his stuff. It was difficult to locate the actual code. Your 'link is safe now."

>>Another potential new hire? I agree that the age is a small thing, but you said matrix, not stripper, right? Is she good? Anyway, I am dealing with a small issue at the bar and will be there in a couple of minutes.<<
Sakuro
With the teenager's assurance that the comlink was safe for use once more he reached out with his left hand and took up the device. using his thumb he poked at the screen and added Willow's comcode to the contacts list and waited to short time to see if it sent out anything embarrassing to his employer. Once he had confirmed it would not Annex deleted Willow from the contacts list, turned off the metalink, and stowed it away in his jacket's interior pocket once more.

"Thank you Melinda. I have asked Willow to join us, but she will be occupied for a few minutes."

There was a short pause as he composed a response to Willow's message in his AR overlay, then sent it out.

>>Matrix, yes, and quite good. She was able to detect and neutralize a virus, one created by a veteran decker. It took her a matter of seconds to do this. I also asked her to alter the soundtrack playing at the DJ booth for a short time. Something to demonstrate the Willow Tree's vulnerability."

With the message away Annex focused again on the mousy homeless teen sitting the brothel's kitchen.

"Do you feel you would be able to act as administrator for a wide area network and help develop a matrix presence for the Willow Tree's adult entertainment business?"
Mercy

"You mean like a host? Maybe I could do that. I have the knowledge but maybe not the skill."
Sakuro
It was a reasonable response. Annex would have suspected hubris or a liar if someone told him they were completely confident in replacing the function of a Host long term. After Melinda had spoke Annex replied in an explanatory fashion, providing

"If Willow decides to hire you on long term, should that be something you also want, it is a subject that may be talked on as a possible future goal. You may want to consider ways the matter could be handled without undue strain on yourself and what would be required."

Annex paused, letting Melinda think about what he had said for a bit. The quiet also provided a transitioning space between subjects as he gave voice to another question.

"What aspect of working with the matrix are you most comfortable with?"
Mercy

The girl is still standing facing her computer and not looking at you and she gently shrugs her shoulders. "I am pretty comfortable with anything. I was trained that way." There is a slight pause. "Do you think she will want to hire me?"
Sakuro
"I will recommend that she do so."

... and if Willow did not, Annex could certainly put the girl to use. But he preferred that Willow take her on. It would help further her security and Annex would still have access to the girl during the duration of his time at the Willow Tree. The man remained quiet for a long time after answering Melinda's question. Just passively watching her. He was content in silence and disinclined to force conversations. The questions he felt needed to be asked, without prying too deeply into the girl's personal life, had already been asked before he messaged Willow. After a time having noticed that Melinda constantly maintained the same posture when she was not assigned a task, possibly party of her training, he spoke up.

"You may stand at ease if you like. I have no further tasks or job related questions to ask of you for the time being."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1639 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The girl runs her right hand down the side of the deck then closes the briefcase. She takes the case and goes to the small staff table in the corner of the kitchen and sits down after placing it on the table.

>>I will be there in two or three shakes. Almost done out here. How is it going in there?<<
Sakuro
As time went on Annex was prepared to send Willow a message when he received one from her instead. In the meantime he somehow managed to look as though he were doing something important, just by standing in the kitchen and taking no physical action of note. It came from being used to acting as an authority figure, and a history of guarding things and people. His reply to Willow came at speed, due to his DNI, but was unrushed in the formation.

>>I have finished questioning her. If you do not require my presence, I will have Talia keep an eye on her while I return to monitoring the main room.<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1639 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

>>On the way in from the bar now. Is she any good and do you recommend taking her on?<<

The girl simply sits on the edge of the chair, as if expecting to be told to stand at any moment. Her hands on on her lap ad her face downcast a bit so you cannot see her eyes
Sakuro
Annex's cheek muscles tightened and his jaw briefly clenched when he received Willow's message. He did not like repeating himself. It meant someone was not paying attention to what he said or wrote and, in his mind, everything he did and said was significant. Otherwise he would not do it or say it in a professional capacity. There was a curtness in his initial reply that petered off into a reiteration of the warning he had earlier given. In case that too was ignored.

>>Yes. On both accounts. Though bear in mind there are dangerous people looking for her.<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1640 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

>>Yeah, I got that part the first time. I was asking if you still recommended her even though she has people after her.<<

The door swings open and Willow walks in. She nods to you as she walks over to stand in front of Melinda. "Good afternoon. I am Willow. I understand that you are looking for a job."

The girl keeps her head down a bit. "Yes. At least something temporary."

Willow looks over at you then back to the girl. "Oliver tells me that you are skilled, let's talk."
Sakuro
>>I believe she is too valuable of an asset to pass on, or worse, let a gang control. Measures will need to be taken but the threat should be manageable.<<

When the kitchen door open his eyes slid over to the entrance as Willow walked in. She greeted the teen and Melinda did not reciprocate. He had a feeling then that he might need to assist in the dialog more than he might normally be required to do so. Standing on the sidelines Annex kept both women in his view, favoring neither more than the other with his attention. A spectator until Willow looked over at him. Taking that as a que for input of some kind he spoke to Melinda, his voice calm but encouraging action.

"Perhaps you would like to begin by telling Willow your name and what you are able to do for her."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1640 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Melinda looks over at you. "I am sorry. I had thought that you had told her that while you were talking on your 'links." She looks back at Willow. "My name is Melinda. I can help you with your matrix needs. I think there is room for some improvement here."

Willow looks at the girl and nods. "I have been told that I need help in that area, yes. Especially if we are going to try to expand our matrix presence. Can you do that?"

Melinda answers simply and without hesitation. "Yes."

"What would this cost me?"

For the first time, you see a look of confusion on the girl's face. "I.....I don't know. I have never really been paid for any work. I have had no real matrix work since I left. Not many people out here need what I can do with a deck. They only mainly want sex for some food or a shared blanket. What do you think it is worth?"

Willow looks perplexed and turns to you with a small laugh. "I am at a loss. Do you have any experience in this sort of thing?"
Sakuro
When Willow spoke directly to him Annex turned his head towards her and fixed his gaze on her. Though he kept Melinda within his field of view. He had an answer for her request for input, as though the answer were already there. Just waiting for the request to be made, though it came out unrushed.

"Room, boarding, and protection are all things that Melinda will need from a patron. Subtract the value of those obligations from what you would pay someone managing a new division in your business. Because that is what she will be doing for you. However, given her inexperience with money, I would recommend holding onto the bulk of her payments for her. Acting like a bank and offering financial advise when needed."

There was a short pause as he redirection his attention to the teenager. As he spoke he took in her reaction to the proposal he was putting for the both of them.

"That is if you are amenable to such an arrangement Melinda."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1642 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Melinda has very little expression on her face as she considers what you have said. "I have no experience to know what is fair. Can I try something for a couple of months and talk about rearranging the payment? I would like to save for the parts for a new deck. I can build one cheaper than I can buy it. I think, but I need space and tools besides the parts. But I can work here and help build your security."

Willow nods. "OK, I am pretty new to all of this, too. How about the room and board, plus a thousand a month for the two months? After that time we can negotiate a new arrangement."

Both Willow and Melinda look over to you to see what you think.
Sakuro
When both women looked to him Annex bobbed his head once, a singular nod of approval for what was asked and proposed. Initially he started talking to both parties, then in his second statement he spoke directly to Melinda.

"That is a reasonable arrangement. Willow also knows people in the area, and may be able to help you find the supplies you need for new deck."

Slowly his eyes moved from Melinda to Willow, and back again.

"With finances out of the way, let's talk about obfuscation. You have people looking for you, and you possess several distinguishing characteristics that make you stand out. I would advise changing your appearance: hair and eye color, as well as concealing your augmentations. The sooner this is done, the better."

At the last statement Annex redirected his gaze to Willow. She had a lot of patrons who were all potential informants for anyone looking for someone with Melinda's traits.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1644 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Melinda gives you a curious look but Willow nods. "Absolutely. I do agree with Oliver. And you are in the right place. We can change your hair, eyes, just about anything. You will have to work a bit on being so stiff, though. Come with me and let's see what we can do." She turns to you. "Unless you are not finished with her?"
Sakuro
"Go ahead."

Annex remained stationary, allowing the women to leave ahead of him. After they were gone, he planned to fix himself a sandwich. It was about time he got something in him to keep his blood sugar levels in check. Then, with his snack in hand, he was ready to head back out into the main room and relieve Sevras of her duty on watch.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1700 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

1700 on a Saturday and the place is filling up nicely. You relieve Sevras, who nods and returns to the kitchen. Looking about, you see the new girl from earlier in the day. She is walking about with Ginger, who seems to be showing her the ropes in how to deal with the patrons. The girl appears a bit nervous, but she has a determined set to her jaw. A slight argument is building up over in one corner of the main room.
Sakuro
When he saw Ginger showing the new girl around he was inclined to introduce himself to her once he had seen things calm down for her. But, on noticing the dispute beginning to brew , he reprioritized. Introductions would wait. Peace and stability needed to be maintained. As he made his approach to the corner were the argument was developing Annex made no effort to conceal his advance. In fact, he put his path into the line of sight of the people involved. Making sure he was seen coming over to them. As he entered earshot he listened, and studied the body language of the people having the argument. Assessing the situation to gauge the nature and intensity of the exchange before stepping in.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1701 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

As you approach, you realize that you have seen both of the men involved in the argument. They are regulars and usually sit at the same table. Tonight they are arguing about which of the girls has the better figure and are apparently ready to go to blows over the matter.
Sakuro
Seeing that the argument was building up to a brawl Annex stepped up to the table. He had come to a stop, closer to one man than the other, but kept himself positioned to be seen by both, so that neither would have to crane their head back to look at him. Annex did not raise his voice, but the intensity of it was designed to cut through volume and draw attention. His voice was firm and final.

"You two are going to need to settle down or take your dispute outside."
Mercy

You appear to have arrived at just the right time. Both men stop what they are doing and look up at you. One smiles. "Hey, Oliver, you can settle a dispute, right? Jack here has had too many drinks tonight and is saying that Carly has a nicer body when clearly it is Ginger. So you tell us which you prefer."

Both men, as well as several others in earshot of the table, are looking at you to giver them the answer.
Sakuro
His lips pressed into a thin line and he looked between the two men. The men took the argument serious. Enough to fight over. Or maybe they were just looking for a reason to brawl and let off some steam. In either case, Annex did not look amused by the situation.

"I work with them. That means neither is my type."

The words were spoken with cool professionalism. Annex was surrounded by whores and strippers. He was working in a brothel. But the sexuality of the place did not cling to him. The man may as well have been security in a corporate office. After his initial response Annex went on to speak diplomatically and in a lighter tone.

"You each like the lady that you like. There is nothing wrong someone favoring another. One less person vying for your favorite's time and attention."
Mercy

Both men frown a bit, but then one smiles as what you said sinks in past the booze. "Hey, you're right." He looks back at the other man. "You can keep Ginger for yourself. That way when I have enough ching for some private time with Carly, I won't need to share her."

The other man still looks confused and he opens his mouth to say something then closes it and he, too, smiles and looks up to thank you. Another issue resolved without violence.
Sakuro
"That's the spirit."

Annex relied supportively when the first man caught on and concluded he could have a Carly all to himself for a while. There was nothing patronizing in his demeanor. With the two companions no longer bent on beating each other senseless for the honor of their lady lovers Annex stepped away from their table.

"Enjoy the rest of your time at the Willow Tree."

Leaving the pair behind Annex sought out the woman waiting tables in that section of the room. Signaling her with a hand gesture, he came up to speak with her when she was not in the middle of other business.

"The two in the corner have had enough alcohol for awhile. If they want a beverage, encourage them to order something non-alcoholic until they have had some time to even out."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1704 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The waitress, who you think is named Wanda, looks over at the two men you have indicated. "Oh, the Carly and Ginger pair? Sure, it is usually about this time that we do that for them. Not giving you any trouble are they?" Wanda nods and smiles at you as she goes to the next table and another patron.

The girl doing the announcing tonight calls for quiet in the room and announces a new dancer, straight from SoCal to share her style and assets with the lucky patrons of the Willow Tree. She encourages the patrons to give it up with applause and credits for Minx. As you watch, you see the new girl move onto the stage from the approach area. She appears a bit nervous and unsure of herself but perks up a bit at some of the cheers for her. Even as she is going through the first song of her set, your eye is caught by a pretty young girl who is walking towards you. You might not recognize her, but the briefcase in her hand gives her away.

"Hello, Oliver. Would you like me to start working now?"
Sakuro
"Not enough to warrant expulsion."

Annex replied concisely before parting ways with Wanda. Later, when the new performer was announced, he watched some of Minx's dancing. He more concerned with her adapting to her environment than anything lewd. She seemed to be doing well enough on the surface. His attention did not stay on the stay, as they usual were Annex's largely occupied with keeping tabs on the patrons. At noticing Melinda's approach he stopped his wandering patrol of the floor and allowed her to come to him. During the time she spent walking towards him Annex took in the alterations that had been made, and looked for flaws.

"Yes. Unless you require privacy, you may setup at that booth. I will be taking up position there when the crowd gets too dense to easily monitor from the floor."

On mentioning the booth Annex raised his left hand and used it to indicate the security booth with the monitor display he had been shown on his first day working at the Willow Tree.

"Do you have a comlink? It would be good to exchange comcodes."

While he was waiting for a response from Melinda, employed his contacts to capture an image of her face. He sent the image, along with a brief text message, to Grok and Sevras.

>>New girl. Working matrix security.<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1810 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Melinda nods. "I will send you mine. That booth? Right, do I have your permission to access what is there?"

You get confirmation from both Sevras and Grok.
Sakuro
"Yes. You may make use of what is present at the booth."

Briefly he looked past Melinda, to the crowd beyond her. Key areas and people around the room were visually tagged, checked up on, then his eyes were back on the teenager standing in front of him.

"Keep me appraised of any significant action you plan to take ahead of time"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1811 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Melinda nods and walks off to the booth. A couple of minutes later one of the girls comes up to you and nods her head behind you at the booth. Turning, you see a small wall of blue light on the table there, stretching a couple of feet wide and perhaps a foot tall.
Sakuro
A curious expression flickered across Annex's face when the woman walked up to him and nodded behind him. Turning at the hip, then the neck, he looked to see what she was trying to draw his attention toward. The privacy barrier was perhaps out of place here, but not unusual to a man who had been accustomed to the not infrequent use of AR and holographic interfaces during his corporate days. Turning back to the woman who had approached him he spoke to her.

"Is there something you would like to say?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1811 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The girl nods. "Seems like something odd happening at your booth. I never saw anything like it so.....................well, I guess you already know. Sorry." A bit embarrassed, she turns to walk away.
Sakuro
Annex listened to the woman's comments without signs of being upset, or judging her. She was right. The sight of higher technology in the Barren did stand out. Nothing was done to stop the woman from turning and moving on, but as she began to do so he spoke reassuringly to her. Annex wanted everyone at the Willow Tree to feel as though they could come to him with their concerns.

"You saw something you felt was suspicious or unusual and brought it to my attention. That is what you should do."

He waited for the prostitute-waitress-stripper to move on, then made his way to the security booth Melinda had setup in. There was no rush, and Annex continued to scan the crowd as he went. On arriving he stood off to the side of the table.

"If you wanted to draw attention to yourself, you have succeeded."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1814 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

When you step to where you can see past the security screen, you see several holographic screens up and Melinda's fingers flying between them and the deck's keyboard. The two data jack cables on the left side of her neck are extended and hooked into different ports on the deck while the one on the right side of her neck is slotted into your security system. At your words, her hands stop moving and she puts them in her lap and she bows her head as if looking at the deck in front of her. It strikes you now that you have seen the position before, in people waiting to be punished.

"I have disappointed you, master."
Sakuro
Annex made a quick visual inspection of Melinda's setup before focusing on her and her posture in response to his comment. His eyes narrowed slightly, thoughtfully, when he heard her call him 'master'. That could mean many things, but Annex's ego was big enough that he did not discourage use of the title immediately. Instead he turned his gaze out to the crowd. Purposefully looking out into the pool of humanity that collected in the Willow Tree.

"Look around."

He waited a beat, then returned his eyes to Melinda. Annex gave her an opportunity to do as instructed before he continue.

"If this were a forest, Willow has given you the camouflage to conceal yourself in it. However it is up to you to make the conscious effort to blend in and appear as though you belong in this environment."

Annex was quiet after that, studying Melinda's reaction for a couple of second prior to asking to make sure what he was trying to express made sense to her.

"Do you understand?"
Mercy

Melinda barely looks up when you tell her to before lowering her head again. "Yes, master. Camouflage and fit in. You wish me to strip and dance. I will do my best to please you and mistress Willow."
Sakuro
Yes, Annex was prepared for that misinterpretation. It was one of a list he had considered, so he remained outwardly not phased by the teenager proposing that she strip and dance like the other women.

"That is not what you are being paid to do."

His response came mildly. There was a patience to the man. Though he periodically looked out to the crowd to keep tabs on the general populace, he was willing to take his time with Melinda. Nothing pressing demanded his attention at the moment anyway. When he spoke to Melinda the man's eyes were back on her, carefully monitoring her body language and demeanor.

"Do you see anyone else using devices with holographic projectors? Is anyone else referring to Willow as 'mistress' or me as 'master'?"
Mercy

Melinda keeps her head down and her eyes on her deck. "No one else is using holographic projectors but I do not know if anyone else is calling you master or Willow mistress." Her shoulders hunch a bit as if expecting to be hit for not knowing the answer.
Sakuro
"It is not the norm for people to do so."

Annex supplied the answer to his second question for Melinda. There was no disappointment. This was not a test and he did not approach the conversation as such. Though the more he observed Melinda he continued to wonder how long she had been on the streets, and how she had survived. Perhaps there was another layer to the young woman he was not seeing. Annex considered touching Melinda's shoulder when he spoke next. Most people required physical contact to some degree. But judging by the visible expectation of abuse that would not provoke the desired effect. Instead he shaped the tone of his voice to supply that reassurance even as he endeavored to supply her with guidance.

"You are not in trouble Melinda. I will see what can be found to obscure your work. In the future, observe your surroundings and be mindful of what fits in with your environment and what does not."
Mercy

The girl nods without raising her head. Her hand moves to touch the keyboard on her deck and the holographic images and the privacy screen disappear. "Master, I am less effective in this mode. Do you wish me to proceed in this manner?"
Sakuro
"For the time being. At least until we can find something suitable to obscure what you are doing and make the hologram less visible."

Annex's eyes lingered on the young woman for a minute longer. She had either grasped and accepted the obviousness of the hologram, or she saw what he'd said as an order. But the aspect about calling him 'master' was either not understood or she was more comfortable continuing to do so. The later was not an issue to him, except for the potential to draw curiosity and stand out. His thoughts on the woman continued, but Annex did not linger and stare at Melinda any longer. Stepping away from the booth he began to approach a nearby waitress. As he walked Annex prepared a message via AR and sent it to Willow on completion.

>>It appears Melinda was groomed to be a servant by whomever was holding her. Be careful who you allow to interact with her, and how you yourself deal with her.<<

Annex made sure the waitress was finished dealing with any immediate customers before closing the last bit of distance with her and speaking to the woman.

"After you finish taking care of you orders please find something to conceal Melinda's work."

He a tilt of his head he indicated the decker working at the security booth. Then he proceeded to use his hands to measure out the approximate size of what he was looking for.

""Something about this size to act as a privacy screen."
Mercy

As you watch, you see the girl's hands flashing across her deck and symbols scrolling up the screen.

The waitress nods and goes off. "Sure, Oliver."

>>Got it. Thanks for the warning. Any idea how to get her to realize we are different?<<

Sakuro
After speaking with the waitress Annex glanced over at the security booth and Melinda. He was going to have to keep an eye on her. Make certain no one tried to take advantage of her. While he was thinking on the matter Annex resumed he walk around the main room, letting his gaze pan across it. In came the message from Willow. Annex took his time in composing an response, but tried to keep it brief.

>>Nothing extreme or extraordinary need be done, but do not be surprised if she calls you 'Mistress'. Treat her like a person, not property valued only for what she can do for you. Allow her to be an individual. Encourage her when she steps outside the limitations of slave mentality. You may see her adopt submissive posturing, especially when she believes herself to be in trouble. Make certain she knows she is not going to be abused.<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1820 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

>>Got it and thanks for the advice and time spent with her.<<

After a few minutes, you see the waitress sidle up to the security booth with a decorative screen in a Chinese motif of cranes and willow trees. She sets it up on the table and bends over to chat with Miranda for a couple of minutes before walking back out to the floor and more customers.

The crowd is a bit rowdy this evening and you are called on to break up a couple of fights before they become serious enough to force you to throw people out.
Sakuro
Annex had begun profiling the Willow Tree's customers since his first night in Willow's employ. Little notes made in AR. Those who he had some to see as regulars were more fleshed out as he observed and interacted with them. He looked for patterns in their behavior and triggers for their disruptive actions so he could better anticipate the attention they would need, and how much pressure he needed to apply to prevent hostilities erupting. Be that steering certain people away from one another, asking the wait staff to regulate their alcohol intake, or something else.

Between keeping tabs on potential troublemakers, the performers when they were interacting with clientes, Melinda, and Willow herself, there was plenty to keep Annex's attention.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2030 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Things proceed as well as expected for the next couple of hours. A couple of people actually did have to be escorted off the premises, but the offenses were not severe enough to warrant anything permanent. At just about 2030, you get two texts. The first is from Jameson. >>Things just about wound up here. I am leaving shortly and will give a report on return.<<

The second was from Melinda. >>I have finished my analysis, Master.<<
Sakuro
When he was not immediately occupied with some task Annex finally gave the text message notification in his AR HUD some attention. He checked the earliest first. The one from Jameson. He sent a simple acknowledgement by way of reply. Melinda's text did not receive a response though. Not digitally anyway. Once he assured himself the room was not going to explode into violence he grabbed a couple fruit drinks from the bar and made his way over to the security booth and slid into a seat. One glass he set down out of the way of Melinda's equipment but within her reach, while he took a drink from the other. As he moistened his mouth he looked over the screens before turning his attention to the young woman.

"I would like to hear you analysis."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 2040 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

As you step up to the security booth, you see that Melinda has put up her holographic displays but her hands are resting on the table in front of her. She does not look up as you approach and you think you detect a slight hunching of the shoulders, as if she expects to be hit or something. Her head remains facing the deck as you sit and she does not seem to acknowledge the drink.

"Yes, Master. The security of this establishment is not very good. There are only two security personnel, one at the door and another roaming the floor. In my opinion, there should also be someone at the rear door and another roaming the floor. The cameras feeding to this station are well positioned to help take up the slack, but cameras cannot respond to an emergency. The matrix security is non-existent."
Sakuro
"That drink is for you."

... Annex initially stated after Melinda's assessment of the Willow Tree's security. With a tip of his own glass he indicated the container he had set down near the teenager. He watched her a little while longer, drinking some of his own beverage and wondering what exactly she had done since he last spoke with her. After holding some juice in his mouth for a while, to have something flavorful there and maintain the higher than normal level of moisture, he finally swallowed and went on.

"What do you believe could be done to bolster the matrix security, with minimal initial financial investment, but would allow for improvement in the future?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012