Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Annex
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1544 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow follows you to the booth and slides onto the seat after you. "I can agree with all of that, but I know very little about his lieutenant, other than that she seems to be a real bitch to work for. Maybe we can get Mills to spill dome dirt on her?"

"As to the other businesses, yes, most of them paid. Protection money to the gangers and then "license fees" to the KE. It is not enough to really hurt, but it does eat into the bottom line. I do not know how much any of the others were paying. They all left Doc and the clinic alone as no one wanted to ever be in a position where they need help from a street doc who has heard about it. That and lately, Sam. I think she sort of intimidated the gangers but I am not sure how Mills sees her."
Sakuro
Given Willow's lack of response to his initial question about her recording anything useful, he was left to assume she did not. Annex did not like assuming, but he was not going to pressure her for an answer. Now seated at the security booth Annex brought up the monitors and began to check for old recorded footage, to see how far back it went.

"If Mills had dirt on his superior, there would be no need to share it. He would be capable of following through on the proposal we make regardless of her desire for money over arrests."

There was a brief pause in his review of video footage as he looked back to Willow.

"Do you recall that dates Walker visited?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1545 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow shrugs. "Hmmmm. I think that the last time she was here was about six months ago, so you have to go back a bit for any footage." Willow shivers a bit. "She was a bit scary, that one. All quiet, but you know she was looking and seeing everything. The sort of person you just left alone. I would say she was worse than Jameson in that regard. She only came because Mills had been sick, or on some other job or something. I forget what she said."
Sakuro
"Do you recall whether she brought anyone with her?"

She came to fill in for Mills. Was he the only one she trusted with collection duties? Could this be a way of drawing her out into a vulnerable position? Those were a couple things that he considered while inputting commands to jump the video log back six months. From there he put the video on the highest speed that still allowed people to be identified and kept an eye out for anyone in a Knight Errant Uniform walking through the front entrance.

"There is another thing to consider. How would you like to proceed if Mill refuses our offer? Unless you recorded anything of use, such as him blatantly extorting you, the only leverage we have against him is his relationship to Ginger. Given that he is married to her, which you neglected to inform me of, that is a gray area."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1547 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow shakes her head. "I don;t remember anyone else with her. If she brought someone he stayed in the car outside. Not that she needed to worry about anyone bothering her, though."

As you search backwards, Willow adds, "I should have said something about them being married, but it really had slopped my mind. Sorry. Wait.......there. There she is."

The KE Lieutenant you are looking at could have easily worked here and been one of the more popular girls. Her svelte form and figure alone would give normal men wet dreams. She is not overly developed in the chest, like some men like, but hers is perfect for her body. It is a well known rule that no one can make a KE uniform look sexy, but this woman breaks that rule. The thing that catches your eye, though, is her graceful walk and complete lack of wasted motion as her head constantly makes small movements that give her a good view of everything near her. Your nostrils flare a bit as you recognize a trained and confident killer.
Sakuro
Annex paused the video when Willow called for him to wait. He studied the woman's face and figure without any inkling of a sexual motive. For him people were too often targets, opposition, marks, or packages that needed to be protected. Objectives, threats, or assets. After his initial observations were made he unpaused the video and set the speed to a faster than real time pace that still allowed him to take in details. Annex watched the video on the off chance the woman on the screen slipped up in some way that could be exploited. Or gave something away that revealed further insight into her. Given what Willow had said about her, and his own initial personal assessment, he was not hopeful of finding anything immediately useful.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1552 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Unfortunately, your supposition proves to be correct and the woman does nothing that might prove useful to you. She walks in, meets with Willow then leaves. Willow looks up at you. "What are you expecting to find? The woman plumb scared the crap out of me. I would rather deal with Mills any day."
Sakuro
Crucial information to his initial plan had been left out and now the tactic that may have ensured a quick end was void. He was reevaluating. Looking for another angle of attack. Annex still believed his goal could be accomplished, but the timeframe likely needed to be extended. Documentation of payments throughout the neighborhood could be established. Time spent looking through the Willow Tree's video footage during Mill's visits invested on the off chance something stood out. Horribly mind numbing investigative work.

"I am looking for an equalizer. Right now, were we to try to negotiate with Mills, our side has no weight unless we resort to violence. He would be free to take advantage as he saw fit."

Looking up from the monitor Annex's mind worked on two tracts at once. The first for possible long term strategy. The other for immediate options that could be used to further his objective. The new officer had immediately stood out, something he had considered trying to exploit as a vulnerability. Now seemed the time for it. Before Mills and Ginger were done. Before proposing the idea he studied Willow a moment. Tried to read her body language and expression to gauge how she was handling the covert endeavor they were undertaking.

"Mills has kept the rookie at a distance, however it is possible he has witnessed or overheard something."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1554 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow turns to look at the young man, who is still staring at the girls. "You want him seduced and interrogated? In his condition, the seduction part would be easy. The success of the interrogation would be based on what he knows."
Sakuro
A singular nod was delivered after Willow's question about seducing and interrogating the Knight Errant officer at the door.

"It is not necessary for this to be resolved today. If he does not know anything now, he may end up willing to actively aid someone he has affection for. Including gather information you can make use of."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1554 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Willow nods and stands up. "Good point. Let me see who might have a good shot at seducing the guy. Be right back."

Willow leaves the booth and walks around the floor for a couple of minutes, stopping to talk to a few patrons as well as the girls on the floor. As she is talking to Dawn, the girl's eyes flash over to the KE officer and she nods. After delivering her drinks she walks over to where the officer is standing and engages him in a conversation. You can see him shaking his head and looking off in the direction Mills and Ginger had gone. Before long, you see Dawn take his arm and lead him over a few feet and turn him around as she drops to her knees in front of him, her movements shielded from the other patrons by the officer's body. One of your cameras lets you see repetitive head motions at his waste and there is little doubt as to what she is doing.

It takes a few minutes, but the officer's head goes back as he tries to hold it together then goes forward as his body jerks and spasms a couple of times. Dawn rises to a standing position and puts her arms around the officer's neck and kisses him. They remain standing close for some time then break as Sergeant Mills comes out of the private room. Dawn walks away just before Mills gets in position to observe what was going on and the officer moves back into his original position, but his eyes are clearly watching Dawn walk away.

Mills tosses you a sort of salute and comes up to the table. "So, do I have you to thank for the ideas in Ginger's head?"
Sakuro
When he noted that Ginger and Mills had finished Annex closed down the security booth's monitoring system. He did not know with the sergeant was aware of it, but if he were, Annex did not want him to discover it. The watched the man from Knight Errant approve with a steady stare. Neither rising when he was close, nor responding the faux salute that was given. Instead he studied the man's posture and micro-expressions.

"Ginger is capable of having her own ideas. What are you referring to?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1605 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Mills huffs twice and looks at you for a minute then shrugs. "Have it your way. I don't need to get ideas from the help, so if you got something you want to discuss, just say it. If not, I am gone until the first of next month."
Sakuro
Mill's huffing and puffing went by without interruption from Annex. He continued to watch the man with what most people would consider a contradicting state that was both primed for action and easy relaxation. Loose, not rigid. Monitoring Mill's behavior, there was a sort of analytical distance to Annex. His response came a handful of seconds after the other man drew his line in the sand.

"I have not had sex with your wife. Nor do I intend to."

... and that was all he said. Providing no other commentary or fuel for discussion. He just continued to watch Mills with that same steady, dissecting, gaze.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1605 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Something changes in the man. Something small and barely discernible. He looks at you for a moment then nods. "If that is all, I will be seeing you at the beginning of the month."
Sakuro
"Goodbye Mr. Mills."

The words were spoken with no emotional attachment. No antagonism or good will. Just a rote parting to end the conversation and the meeting of a former Knight Errant asset and a corrupted one. Annex patiently waited for Mills' departure, keeping the man at least in his peripheral vision even as he monitored the rest of the room. When Mills finally was out the door he sent Sevras and Grok each a message.

>>You may stand down from ready status.<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1607 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Sevras gives you a simple affirmative, but Grok is a bit more vocal. >>Damn, Boss. I was ready to rumble. Me and the KE go back a long ways with no love lost at all.<<
Sakuro
>>In that case I will keep you in mind next time I plan to throw down with the KE."

As he sent out the response Annex mentally filed that piece of information away. He did not want anyone knowing his past. But someone with a negative history with his former affiliates may react especially poorly. Sliding out from the booth Annex rose to his feet and made a gradual circuit around the room without any defined pattern to his movements, before finally coming to the bar. There he requested some fruit juice from Mike to keep hydrated.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1620 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Mike nods and brings you the juice. "A bit testy with that Mills guy? Real jerk, sending his wife off like that. From what I hear, she got out just in time."
Sakuro
Annex did not like standing at bars. You either put your back to the person managing it, the door, or the crowd while being stationary. Normally he would have gotten his drink and moved on. But Mike seemed to want to share something. Or just talk. He was not inclined to brush the man off, so he responded with a tone of casual curiosity.

"What is it that you hear Mike?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1620 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

"He has had a few partners with him over the past couple of years and some of 'em are chummier than others, you know? Had a couple of 'em telling stories on the sergeant. I guess he is not all that popular down at the station and some of the guys are willing to say things, especially if they get a couple of drinks out of it. Anyway, a couple of guys have told me that he used to hit her. hit her bad, once even enough to send her to the hospital. And that is why she moved out. That and the drinking. I hear it was the drink got him in trouble. Some say debts with a couple of knee breakers, you know what I mean?"
Sakuro
While Mike talked Annex took occasional drink from his glass. Using the time when he was expected to listen, rather than talk, to do his drinking. There were a couple tid bits of useful information that the bar tender shared. Cops tat talked for drinks could just be spinning tales to entertain and give their listener something to turn an ear towards. That they talked, and were not fond of Mills was potentially useful. He smacked his lips together at apex of Mike's commentary, just finishing a drink of his fruity beverage.

"That is entertaining gossip. But unless there is proof to go along with it, it is just rumor. Any of those former partners still come around here? It would be nice to get some real dirt on Mills."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1621 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Mike thinks for a bit then nods. "Yeah, one does. He wasn't one of his partners, or at least I don't think he was, but he works at the same station. He comes around a couple times a month to ogle the girls and have sex with Ginger. I think he does it so he can rub it in Mills' face that he is banging his wife. Sick fuck, if you ask me."
Sakuro
"Next time he comes in, see if you can get anything worthwhile out of him. Something we could use to discourage Mills from extorting the Willow Tree."

After giving the bartender his information gathering assignment Annex brought his glass to his lips and tilted it back. Slowly he drained the container of it's contents. Then, after setting it down, he pushed the glass halfway towards the bartender.

"Thank you for the juice."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1622 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Mike takes the glass and nods before moving on down the bar to another customer. As you look around, you notice that the place is filling up fast and the girls are already busy on the floor. Willow is talking to a young woman who certainly looks like she has not eaten a full meal in a few days.
Sakuro
As his eyes swept over the room Annex noted Willow and the woman she was speaking with. A more sympathetic person might have inquired if Willow would like him to ask Sevras to fix her something to eat. Annex was more pragmatic than sympathetic. He made sure to memorize the woman's face in the event she became a person of interest. Then he moved on, away from the bar and back to his pattern less patrol of the room.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1626 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

As you walk off from the bar, you see Willow motion over to one of the other girls, Wendy, who comes over. The three talk for a bit then Wendy and the other girl move off together and Willow continues her own rounds.
Sakuro
Annex paid attention to where Wendy and the underfed woman went. This might indicate the nature of her presence, though she may be one of the girls Willow mentioned adding to the roster. That was something to talk to her about later. It would be good for him to be aware of who would be working at the Willow Tree once that was settled. After he saw where the two women went Annex's eyes began to wonder once more.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1626 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

As you watch, you see Wendy take the new woman through the door that leads to the dressing room area. As you walk about, you have to break up two "discussions" before they become brawls. The girls are quite busy on the floor, serving drinks and giving lap dances.

>>Hey Boss. Got a snot nosed twerp out here says she wants to talk to you. She is younger than Willow usually lets into the club.<<
Sakuro
There were general zones Annex looked over regular and then there were targeted areas he always kept at least in his peripheral view when possible. Those targeted areas included Willow and the women that were working the floor, as well as places that needed to remain secure. Such as the upstairs and the dressing room. He was always mindful of cues from the women that they needed assistance. After defusing a brawl before it could properly manifest Annex caught the message from Grok. People seeking Annex out was not a regular occurrence.

>>Send her around to the kitchen door. Tell her to knock when she arrives.<<

Having given Grok the instructions Annex himself made his way to the kitchen. Leaving the main room and entering the smaller one his eyes sought out Sevras.

"Please keep an eye on the main room for me."

Annex waited at the kitchen door for the knock. Assuming it came, that is when he opened to door to see who had come asking to speak with him.
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1628 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Sevras nods and leaves the kitchen for the front area. As you wait, you definitely are reminded of the value of a security camera for the back door area. There is a soft knock on the kitchen door. Opening it, you see a young girl standing in the alleyway. She is probably fifteen or sixteen. She looks up at you. "I am here to see a man named Oliver, please? I was told to come around to the back door."
Sakuro
Annex swept his eyes over the young woman, visually inspecting her he took in noteworthy features including her attire and signs of concealed weapons or other items such as characteristic bulged. Once he had done that he looked out into the alley the presence of anyone else. On lookers or support that she might have brought with her. Then he looked back to the teenager and stepped out of the doorway to allow her entrance into the kitchen.

"Come in. I am Oliver."

If she entered he closed the door behind her, locked it once more, then stepped away to give her some room. Annex stood such that he allowed the girl to be closer to the exterior door, while he barred passage to the interior, yet did not have his back to either.

"What is your name and reason for being here?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1630 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The girl is dressed in jeans and a sweatshirt bearing the logo of the Seattle Urban Brawl team. Her brown hair is a bit mousy and, while it is mostly in a bun on the top of her head, a goodly number of strands have escaped the bun and straggle across her face. She is wearing large glasses but no obvious jewelry. She does not seem to carrying any sort of weapon, but she does have a briefcase with her, Looking past her into the alley reveals only a drunk passed out and sitting on the ground near the dumpster.

The girl walks in and looks up at you. "My name is Melinda." She raises the briefcase then lowers it again, using her other hand to reset her glasses on her face. "I am good with the matrix and think I can help you."

Sakuro
Annex had a lot of questions, but he did not want to interrogate the youth. When she raised the briefcase his eyes moved to it, then back to Melinda. Lifting his right hand he motioned to an uncluttered space on the counter, inviting her to make use of it. She had already taken the initiative of approaching someone, for a job he presumed. Perhaps she had a planned presentation, to she what she was capable of.

"That is a useful skillset. I would not mind a demonstration."

There was a brief pause as he absorbed the teenager's reaction to this. Then he went on to inquire further, inquisitive but calm and relaxed.

"You asked for me by name. Why did you want to speak with me and not the owner of this establishment Melinda?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1631 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Melinda's smile looks a bit nervous as she puts the case up on the counter you indicate. She turns back to you and pushes her glasses back up her nose a bit again. "The word out there is that you are the one to talk to first. I imagine that you will take me to see Willow if I do good enough for you."

She tuns back to the briefcase and clicks the locks open before lifting the lid to expose a matrix deck. It looks used, but is not falling apart. She puts slender fingers on the keyboard and without looking at you, asks, "What would you like me to do?"
Sakuro
Once the case was open Annex man a quick visual inspection of the interior, including the deck. Even used, something like that would fetch some money. Yet she was carrying it around the Barrens streets. Moving aft Melinda had setup, he positioned himself beside her so that he could watch what she was doing without looming over her shoulder.

"There is a DJ booth in the other room. Make it play 'Paint it Black' by the Rolling Stones for thirty seconds then resume what it was playing previously."

After he gave Melinda the task, he began composing a message in AR, which he sent off to Hexadecimal. The decker that pointed him towards this job.

>>I am vetting a decker. Do you have a benign virus, or other program, that I can use to test their competency with defensive matrix security? I want to make certain they can protect a network. Not cause any actual harm. Included is a com-code for a metalink. If you can forward it there I would appreciate it and see that you receive your consulting fee.<<
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1631 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Without turning to face you, the girl nods and bows her head. Suddenly, her fingers begin to move over the keyboard of the deck at what most people would think is an unnatural speed. Data flashes on and off the screen so quickly that only an eye used to catching the flow of a data stream would be able to follow it. You can hear the girl humming some sort of tune as she works. Then, just as suddenly as they started, her fingers stop moving. From out in the main room, you hear the opening riffs of "Paint it Black" come over the sound system. The entire process had taken only seconds.

"In twenty-eight seconds the music will change back to the original sound track. I hope that the dancer was able to adapt to the change in her scheduled music. Do you have another task?"

>>Hey, Annex. A virus? I can get you one, sure. Give me a couple to find one I can send without corrupting too much.<<
Sakuro
Annex likely would not have been able to understand what Melinda was doing, even if he could keep up with the speed that the young woman worked at. The matrix was a strange magical realm. He tended to feel vulnerable without a decker doing overwatch. After Melinda had finished her work he read over the response he had received from Hex, then looked to the back of the woman's neck in search of an data jack. Normally a decker would have some manner of direct neural interface, for faster connection with the matrix and their own equipment.

"You have proven what I already knew to be true: the Willow Tree is vulnerable to cyber attack. This will serve as a small example to Willow that it can disrupt her business."

He went quiet for a time, waiting and timing the muffled music beyond the kitchen door to make sure it resumed it's original sound track on time. Then he refused speaking with Melinda.

"Given the nature of the nature of what goes on at this establishment, age may be a concern for Willow. How old are you and do you live with a parent or guardian?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1632 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Precisely thirty seconds after it starts, the tones of the Stones are abruptly cut off and the original music returns. The way Melinda's hair is worn gives you a decent view of her neck and you see what are likely to be two data jack ports on the right side of her next and another on her left, but no cords are extending from them at this time. Melinda remains standing with her back to you.but she does shake her head. "No parents. I ran away. I think I am fifteen, but I might be a year older or younger. Do you have more to tests for me?"
Sakuro
"One more test is being prepared for you. It will take a moment. In the meantime, I have questions."

The question was responded to with mild tones. Though he had work to get back to the man too the unexpected interview as an unrushed pace. Though Melinda acted quickly when given directions Annex took his time to think, gradually building a profile for the youth. The promised question came voiced without any judgement behind them or in his demeanor. Only the search for information and understanding.

"Why is it that you want to work at the Willow Tree?"
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1634 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The girls answers without hesitating. "I am hungry and tired of sleeping on the street. The woman who works with the local street doc said I might find some food here and maybe enough of a job to get by for a couple of days. She told me to see you and that you were a fair guy."
Sakuro
"Survival is a good motivator."

Simple and basic as it got. Annex did not nod, but one could almost hear that emotive of understanding or acknowledgement in his voice. There was a short pause before he went on to his next question.

"Have you committed any crimes? Whether affirmative, or negative, it will not affect the recommendation I offer Willow. I do, however, need to be aware of potential complications that may arise if you are taken on long term."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1634 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The girl's shoulders slump just a bit then straighten. She still has not turned as she responds. "I have stolen to eat. I have prostituted myself to sleep next to a warm body when it was cold or raining and to buy this used deck. I suppose I stole myself when I ran away. There are some very angry people looking for me. I will leave if you like but could I please have some food first?"
Sakuro
Though Annex had made a point of standing next to Melinda as she worked, he made no effort to force her to look at him or reposition himself. Even though he continued to passively study her. From what he had gathered so far, including the disinclination to look at him rather than try to make a connection with eye contact, it was possible she scaled somewhere on the autistic spectrum. He listened, maintaining a neutral demeanor. Whatever he may have felt concerning them did not leak into his body language or expression. The youth's request did earn a response though.

"You may stand down for now and fix yourself something to eat with what is available here."

Lifting a hand he made a subtle outward gesture, indicating what was present in the kitchen. He did not overlook Melinda's phrasing 'stole myself'. That stacked onto the triggers he received when spying her datajack ports. How many teenagers were augmented without having suffered some extreme injury? What enhancements did she have that were not visible? The questions remained unvoiced. While he allowed Melinda the opportunity to get something to eat the interview went on.

"Tell me about the people looking for you."
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1636 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The offer of food has her turning to look at you. She uses a finger to push her glasses up her nose a bit and you notice that one of her eyes is green and the other is blue. Her voice remains soft. "Thank you." She walks about the kitchen, taking a little bit of what is available and making a sandwich. She looks at it for a few seconds then back up to you. "You're sure it's OK?"

>>Hey, Annex. One weak-assed virus coming up.<< You get a ping on your 'link as he sends you a file.
Sakuro
He watched the girl prepare her sandwich without interrupting her. Annex took note of what she took and how she carried herself. She paused, rather than immediately eat. Her question initially received a curious look and a subtly raised eyebrow. The brow soon lowered. There was probably some significant past trauma there, perhaps even connected to food intake itself.

"Eat. Between bites you can tell me about he people looking for you."

Annex's eyes flicker briefly, opening and reading the message from Hexadecimal. The noting the file delivered. That he left untouched for now. A brief response was given though.

>>Thank you. I hope it remains a reasonable challenge to thwart.<<

[ Spoiler ]
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1636 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

The girl takes a small bite then puts the sandwich down on the plate to chew. By the way she looks at the sandwich, you think that she might be controlling an urge to just wolf it down. "I am.......was.....an experiment. There were three of us, two boys and be. I was the middle in age. I do not know if we were bought, found, or stolen but we all lived in a building that was like a barracks and guarded." She stops and tentatively reaches a hand towards the sandwich then pulls it back as she looks at you, apparently waiting for you to allow her to take another bite.

>>Welcome. It is a difficult virus to detect and destroy, so be careful what you load it too. It does no real harm, but will send dirty jokes to your contact list, which could be embarrassing at times.<<

OOC:

Consulting fee for Hexadecimal? Probably. The girl? She probably has no idea what 200 nuyen looks like.
Sakuro
"Go ahead. Finish your meal. When you are done your test will be ready for you."

He spoke without a change in tone. As though it were normal for him to tell people when they could and could not eat. Even if she had taken him more literally than intended. While she ate Annex read Hexadecimal's most recent message. With his right hand he reached a hand under a fold of his black worn and weathered jacket to an inner pocket. From that pocket he retrieved a fresh metalink. Unused, except for having been activated and receiving the file that Hex had sent. He double checked to make sure it was. A suitable low impact platform for the virus to be unleash on during Melinda's test. After she finished eating Annex loaded up the virus and set the metalink down on the countertop.

"Assume this comlink is part of a network you are tasked with protecting. It has been compromised."
[ Spoiler ]
Mercy
Saturday 15 June 2075 1638 The Willow Tree, Redmond Barrens Seattle

Melinda nods and picks up the sandwich to take another small bite. She puts it back on the plate as she chews and looks at you almost as if you are testing her again and will take it away from her. When she is done and you give her your instructions, she turns back to her used deck and pauses with her hands over the keys. Her fingers begin flashing at the keyboard, but only for a few seconds. Without turning to look at you, she says, "I have identified and isolated the virus. Do you wish me to remove it or try to trace back where it came from and who put it there?"
Sakuro
Annex knew things could be accomplished faster in the matrix than meat space, but that seemed surprisingly quick for a virus that was supposed to be difficult to detect. He looked from the young woman to the cyberdeck's monitor. He couldn't tell anything from looking at the screen. It was a language he was completely unfamiliar with. Still, he had an answer ready for her when she asked whether he wanted the source traced or the virus removed.

"Removing the virus will be satisfactory. I would also like an assessment of the threat this virus would have posed."

While Melinda worked Annex composed a message in AR, which he sent out Willow upon completion.

>>There is a young woman who would like to work for you. I am in the process of finishing up an interview with her. She looks to be a promising matrix specialist. You may wish to join us in the kitchen at your earliest convenience. There are two concerns worth mentioning. She has not yet reached the age of majority. This is minor, in my opinion. More worthy of note is the fact dangerous people are looking for her.<<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012