Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Striding the Soul's Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Buddha72
Stealth Post (while on vacation)

We can take the boat folks, don't let the the intial read throw ya. Sheesh, I could take the boat with Jake, Steel and Iblis. With all of you along it's going to be a breeze. We can sell the boat no problem, that's why god made action deckers. I say go stealthy and do minimal damage to the boat. That's going to off-set the low pay. We need to leave no one alive to avoid the heat wave that's going to follow this job but I don't think anyone in the team has a prblem with that. If so, now is the time to speak. (grabs pom-poms)

GO TEAM!!!
WinterRat1
Uh, Buddha, not to disagree with you, but if you've got a plan to make this a cakewalk, you want to let the rest of us in on it? smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Winter--Have faith in my and Buddha's mad skills. I'm confident this team can take the boat and still look good in the process.

Everyone--We are taking the boat, no explosions that do physical--only concussion. Let's get the meet over with and start planning the hit, if you have questions for Vinnie let's get them out there.

Medesha--What is "Vinnie Credit"? Also, go with Iblis' suggestion, see if we can find a buyer for the boat--if he wants more than a 1% cut for the connection we'll walk and send our action decker out to find one or I can get in touch with my own people.
Medesha
Vinnie is a procurer of - well, anything really. Guns, ammo, cyberware, anything you can think of. Steel struck a deal with him a while back for "Vinnie credit". Any payment Vinnie offers can be taken as cash, or spent in credit with him, in which case he'll give you 50% extra value on your cash.

In other words, you can take the 10k and do whatever you like with it, or you can spend it all through Vinnie, in which case you could buy up to 15k worth of stuff. It's not as good as cash, but he can get you almost anything you want, and he'll keep the balance running for you.

Best I could think of since my negotiations failed. frown.gif Also, I asked about the boat.
Panzergeist
We absolutely must take the ship. And, I have a good idea for employing the knockout gas. If we can sneak up to the boat and get to the place where the ventilation system is controlled before the whole crew is roused, we can use the ventilation system to duct knockout gas all over the ship.
Fenris
Violating my personal once a day post rule to get an opinion off the boards.
Blitz
I've taken a boat before and not manned by a bunch of low class crew members but by highly trained L337 forces. Granted we lost 1.5 team members in the process, but the proceeds from that run were monumental!
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Medesha)
Best I could think of since my negotiations failed. frown.gif Also, I asked about the boat.

Medesha--Sounds like it'll work, that may supplement our pay as well. Thanks for the info.

Panzer--Good idea for the knockout gas, but hold on to it until we are ready to plan. We need to finish the meet with Vinnie, then we can push forward to planning how we will take over the boat.

Blitz--Can you handle a boat or are we going to need Schnell?
WinterRat1
Violating my personal once a day post rule to get an opinion off the boards.

Fenris, did I miss something important? I didn't quite follow this. What did you mean?
Blitz
well...I'd be defaulting to reaction, it's heinously huge, but the TN modifiers could make it difficult. I could definately get it where it needed to go, but tough maneuvers or maneuvering in combat will pose difficulty.
Panzergeist
Uh, but Vinnie might be able to get the gas for us, and faster and cheaper than we could get it without him.
Medesha
QUOTE (Blitz)
Granted we lost 1.5 team members in the process...

1.5???
Panzergeist
Translation: one guy died, another got a large portion of his body blown off. Keep in mind guys, the ship will surely have a great autonav.
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Panzergeist)
Uh, but Vinnie might be able to get the gas for us, and faster and cheaper than we could get it without him.

Panzer--You're right, he already said that a case fell off the back of the truck. You can feel free to buy it but hold off on the brainstorming of how we are going to use it until later.
WinterRat1
Negotiators, someone want to take the job so we can move along?
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Negotiators, someone want to take the job so we can move along?

done.
BishopMcQ
As a quick FYI--

I will be leaving town June 13th and be back on the 18th. I don't plan on having any type of internet connection as I will be driving cross country with a friend. Buddha knows my character well enough to push through the IC interactions so nothing bogs down.

See y'all in a week.

Panzergeist
With a magic rating of 8, I can only ward 400 cubic meters. A safehouse large enough for the whole team must be bigger than that. Or does my ally spirit's aid power increase my magic rating for this purpose as well? Anyway, I could use help with the ward.
Medesha
I wrote a story about Steel and put it on the Antiquities thread. smile.gif
WinterRat1
Ha you beat me to it. Given our current IC post, I was just about to type our little meeting as well. I'll cover it my from my POV, the before and after, since you did such a good job with the meeting itself. smile.gif

By the way, is anyone else's character listening in on this discussion? Moe is in the garage, Jake's in the bedroom, Iblis is setting up her deck, I was under the impression Loki was discussing magic stuff with Jake, and Diesel was talking ordinance issues with Jake as well. Not that our characters necessarily mind, I was just curious, since that is how I was picturing it.
Medesha
I'm not sure. I assumed anyone could be in earshot and listening. Steel's not one for overplanning, she's just as happy to let Jake shout, "Let's go!" and follow him into Hell, or wherever we're going. wink.gif But I figured anyone could walk by and hear us, and that they'd say if they needed our help with anything.
Medesha
QUOTE (WinterRat1 @ Jun 15 2004, 07:37 PM)
since you did such a good job with the meeting itself. 

Thank you. smile.gif I hope I didn't play too fast and loose with Nameless' character, I don't want to step on anyone's toes. I really enjoyed reading your story. The contrast between Johnny and Wong was really well done, and it was really interesting. Nameless seemed so hurt, yet so strong and honorable even through all the crap he was going through. I thought you did a great job.

I liked the other stories too. smile.gif I loved seeing Ibs from Jake's perspective, and the excited energy of her story was just awesome! Her theme song totally makes me laugh. It was cool reading about Jake and Fixx meeting up, too, very interesting.

Can I be a bit stupid and admit I didn't understand McQuillan's last story on that thread? question.gif It reads like a prelude to something - something Jake was involved in?
Buddha72
It's the opening to Part Two from the Fairlight run. My bit first and then the follow up from the boards. I need to get off my lazy rear and post the 2nd bit. I will do that tonight or tomorrow.

To answer the IC question, I picture Iblis just giving people their space and doing her thing. She has an open door policy for her friends. Come in and eat or lay low. So she's working on her decking thing and politely ignoring conversation unless directed at her. grinbig.gif
WinterRat1
First of all, I just reread your story Medesha (I skimmed it the first time) and let me say one thing. WOW. Let me say it again. WOW. I couldn't have written Nameless better myself. By all means, as you continue your story, feel free to use him. smile.gif

I must say, that goes for all of you. Buddha and Mcquillan, your saga is excellently unfolding, I really enjoy watching the relationship between you two. This thread has been excellent to read, and I really look forward to continuing to watch the stories unfold. Keep them coming people!

On a different note, Buddha, are you going to keep us moving forward as Jake while McQuillan is on vacation?

The personal touches in the game right now are great, so keep them coming guys. I love Diesel's how do I say, destructive bent, Jake's playboy persona, Iblis's apartment and stuff and style, Loki's very obvious anti-social bent, Moe's classic rigger girl style, and last but not least, Lotus's femme fatale sort of syle. A great blend. Outstanding game thus far, looking forward to watching it unfold.

Oh and Fenris, great job GMing thus far. Couldn't do it without you, of course! wink.gif
Buddha72
Ok here's the nuts and bolts of the info searches

First one is for the specs on the boat (schematics, etc) the TN is 6

8 (detailed search)
+2 (keeping a low profile)
+1 (performing an extra search)
-1 (Matrix initiative higher than 4d6)
-1 (Browser utility 6+)
-2 (has data haven contact)
-1 (has Etiquette 'Matrix' of 5+)

06 06 06 05 04 04 03 02 (5 from computer, 3 task pool) Karmed for reroll.

The second is to get the info on the satellite/GPS info, same TN of 6

06 06 06 05 04 04 02 02 Karmed for reroll. The dice are feeling lazy tonight.

This will take me a day to complete.
Fenris
Buddha - Sifting through an old data archive you manage to turn up a set of schematics for the Nujindokin XIV, the make and model of the ship you're planning to hit. The boat has 10 floors, and measures approximately 100 meters from stem to stern. The schematics give you the location of the control room, bunks, engine rooms, ventilation systems, and anything else associated with the raw layout of the ship.

For the satellite info, you manage to turn up a pattern of communications coming into a satellite system from locations that include the middle of the pacific. Scanning through them, you pick out a thread that has headers pointing back to your ship. It looks like there's a company that specializes in satellite 'trix access for ships out to sea. It looks like they log on for 1 hour a day, between 3-4am, to exchange current news and email for the crewmembers. If you were sitting in the satellite constellation at the correct time, you'd be able to try and access their host for the hour they were connected. As an interesting side note, you come across a series of emails to and from one of the crewmembers that describes a 10k debt to a 'family' run bookie.
Blitz
Can I assume that the 3 hour nap is up?
Joker9125
sorry i havent been posting much but ive been trying to help out a friend in need get a place to live and a job. Helping him out is taking time from other things and this game is something i chose to cut back on for now at least. I assumed that Diesel was in earshot when writing my IC post because one of your characters said something to him earlier when he asked jake about what to bring but im to lazy to go back and find wich one it was at the moment. biggrin.gif

Ill try to post more often. Ohh and feel free to use Diesel in any way you want on the antiquities thread I havent had the oppertunity to read it yet but im planning on doing that soon. Just remember that Diesel is pretty smart for a troll with an intilligence of 3. I hope ive posted enough to give you all insites into his personality.
Panzergeist
Umm, Loki is still waiting for Jake to help him put up wards. The safehouse is too big for him to do it alone.
BishopMcQ
Alright folks--

I'm back from my roadtrip. Quick note for everyone, as I said the plan was a rough sketch of my idea I was going to give a more detailed plan step by step once we had the information about Schnell and the matrix search that Iblis was running for me. When she shares that IC, I will give a better defined plan of action.

Panzer--Is Loki hermetic or shamanic? And since your ally spirit is awakened and astrally present she can help you make the ward, if those combined forces still aren't enough to ward the house Jake will help you ward it when he gets up from his nap after a couple hours.

Loving the IC interaction folks keep it up!
Panzergeist
I'm a shaman. Don't think they have to be of the same tradition to do wards, do they? Anyway, with Katie, Loki can still only ward 600 m^3, so I still need help. That's abou the size of a studio apartment.

Force 8 ward. Here is my roll: 1 2 2 2 2 4 4 5 5 8 8 10 Three successes
Fenris
Definitely digging the IC interaction, folks. If everybody's obliging, I'll bump the post tomorrow to keep things moving. Not that I'm trying to quash the conversation, I just don't want the game to get bogged down.
WinterRat1
By all means, bump the game. Convos are nothing we can't pick up in the future(we probably will). I was just trying to keep the game interesting while we were waiting, and I think we all did a great job with it. But I'm sure we're all ready to get down to biz, so let's have at it.
Fenris
I'm considering tossing out the 1 karma per RL week that goes by, with bonuses for runs. Thoughts from the group?
BishopMcQ
I like it.

Forgot to do my magic test for the ward.

01 05 05 05 05 07 08 08 2 Successes.
WinterRat1
Hey, sounds good to me. How many RL weeks has it been so far? biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Topic started May 23rd--4 weeks by my count. We are starting into week 5 now.
Fenris
Sounds good. Everybody take 5 points of karma, with bonuses to be metted out as appropriate in the storyline.
WinterRat1
Uh hey McQuillan, time appears to be ticking, in the real world and the game. How's about letting us in on your plan bossman? smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Before I can give the rest of my plan we need to have Iblis give her results IC. With the time jump she should now be finished with her search and as soon as they are posted I will step forward, if she isn't done yet I will set people to tasks for other things.
Panzergeist
I'm back too.
BishopMcQ
Fenris--I'm going to play fast and loose with the ship design unless I get something concrete. Holler at me if I need to change something in the plan.
Fenris
Sounds fine so far wink.gif
Panzergeist
You want me to summon a spirit, and have it simultaneously speed up our boat, slow down the ship, and conceal the boat? I don't think a non-great form spirit can use movement on two seperate targets. What kind of mage is Jake again?
BishopMcQ
Jake is a shaman--wise warrior. 3 services, I believe a regular spirit can do it as separate actions. Start movement on our ship, then conceal us, and sustain them when it uses movement on the other ship to slow it down.

The movement power to speed us up may not be necessary depending on the type of boat we take out to capture their's.
Panzergeist
Whoops, I read that 300 as a 30. Boy do I feel dumb. So, Fenris, what's the final ruling? Can a spirit sustain two copies of the movement power? If so, great, that would leave Jake's spirit to help him fight.
BishopMcQ
Panzer--If you've noticed, I keep asking you to summon up the spirits. Jake is a full shaman, but he doesn't have any conjuring.
Fenris
Panzer - There's nothing I can see in the rules as to why he wouldn't be able to. They can use the same powers on multiple people, I don't see why not multiple vehicles. However, as McQuillan mentioned, it would take seperate standard actions.
Medesha
First off, my character's name is Steel. Jake keeps calling me Medesha.

Second, what "family" is Steel supposed to contact to buy a mark from? The Yakuza? In case you hadn't noticed from the IC interaction, and my background and story, the Yakuza hate me and want me dead...they're unlikely to do any interaction with Steel.
Buddha72
Medesha - I talked about Vinnie's people in my original post so the family being referred to is the mafia.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012