Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Striding the Soul's Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Medesha
Sorry for the delay, holidays are a slitch. I'm going out of town next week, but since it's to meet up with Fenris I imagine the game will get paused anyway. wink.gif

Steel...um...Moves Silently down the stairs and readies an action? wink.gif Whatever that translates to in Shadowrun parlance. Stealth roll, if needed, and Perception roll if needed (for listening):

Stealth: [16] [05] [05] [04] [03] [02] [01]

Perception: [07] [05] [03] [02]
WinterRat1
I will hold until Jake and Diesel come up, in case that wasn't clear
Fenris
As Medesha says, holidays are a slitch. I'm going to be out until the 2nd of Jan, but we'll be picking back up immediately after that, with an eye towards winding this particular incursion up and moving on with the storyline, as it stands.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you wink.gif
Fenris
As Medesha says, holidays are a slitch. I'm going to be out until the 2nd of Jan, but we'll be picking back up immediately after that, with an eye towards winding this particular incursion up and moving on with the storyline, as it stands.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you wink.gif
Fenris
Iblis 17
Joker 14
Jake 10
Steel 12
Nameless 14

Alright, here's the new initiative order after dropping ten. Moe can jump in anytime with an initiative order.

As a new years resolution type of thing, I'm going to try and keep things moving along this year wink.gif Currently, Iblis is perched at the top of the stairs, Loki behind her and some cover. Moe is holding up yet another crew member, and Steel's down in the hallway, ready to drop the first thing that pokes it's head up. Diesel is climbing the rope, leaving Jake down on the boat.
Buddha72
Iblis is going to take a Simple to percieve in detail then use the other one to speak a little more than 3 words.

Perception
05 03 03 02 02 02 02 01
Buddha72
Joker!

You're up, let's get this part done so we can move along the storyline. biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Nameless is STILL holding his position, waiting for Diesel and Jake to climb to the deck of the ship, and for the lower floors to get gassed.
Joker9125
Man holidays were a pain............Flight delays, relatives, ect.........Im sure all of you can relate. Well im back to where I can post now and am ready to finish this game by next year wink.gif
Joker9125
Ok im goin to continue to climb the boat with my gear and if i make it up top in this action im going to bring out the grenade launcher.
Buddha72
Time to start climbing...

07 04 02 02

3.5 meters up the rope...

Next action (05 05 05 04 ) 5.5
3rd action (11 04 02 01 ) 3.5
4th action (13 03 02 02 ) 2.5
5th action (05 05 05 02 ) 4.5
6th action (04 04 03 01 ) 3.5
7th action (04 03 03 02 ) 2.5
8th action (05 04 01 01 ) 3.5
9th action (09 04 03 02 ) 3.5
10th action (11 04 03 02 )3.5
11th action (07 04 03 01)3.5
12th action (07 04 02 02 )3.5
13th action (09 03 01 01 ) 2.5
14th action (14 10 04 01 ) 4.5
15th action (05 05 04 01 ) 4.5

It will take me roughly 6 Rounds to climb the rope.
(McQuillan posting through Buddha)
Fenris
Just to recap positions, we've got Steel barely below decks, scanning for more people to cap, Iblis watching her back from the top of the stairs on the deck, Loki behind Iblis on deck, Nameless covering all three from a secured position, also on deck. Climbing up the rope is Diesel and Jake, and your rigger-for-hire is still on the boat. Moe currently is rigging gas and some small explosives to the enviornmental systems to pump the whole place full of Neurostun X biggrin.gif

Currently we're waiting on Steel, but I'm betting she's just going to try and avoid getting gassed wink.gif

If nobody has anything else to do this round, we'll finish it up without stepping through the individal actions, and move on. You seem to have pretty effectively squashed resistance on the boat itself, and now will just have to deal with the remainder of the crew.
Medesha
Steel throws herself into the gas! She's a rebel!

I mean, what you said, Fenris. smile.gif
Fenris
Alright, looks good. Dropping out of combat, let me know what you're going to do with 120 unconscious crewmen wink.gif
BishopMcQ
Throw them over the edge, dark side points be damned....err, sorry wrong character...

Let's do what every classic movie about hijacking on the high seas does, move the crew into the main hold and only leave the cook and his rag-tag band of miscreants free to kill us one by one.

On second thought, slit the cook's throat and shove them all into the hold without remorse.

Unless of course, people have a better idea. We could try ransoming the crew members back to their families, cheap say 5k a head...that would net a decent profit on top of the boat and pay for a few new power foci...
Buddha72
LOL!! And that's why you're the leader man. I would be fine with any solution that ends with more money and no meaningless slaughter.
Medesha
I'm up for throat-slitting and/or ransoming, provided we can get the info on them to ransom them with.
Fenris
Good god what a crew I assembled! Is this the same group that was throwing bagels at each other across a breakfast table?

BishopMcQ
Just because we have fun doesn't mean we aren't ruthless...And there was also a waterfight....
WinterRat1
I AM an assassin afterall, so what's a few more deaths here and there? cool.gif But I'm with Steel, throat slitting and/or ransom money is always a good thing. So I'm up for either one.
WinterRat1
I AM an assassin afterall, so what's a few more deaths here and there? cool.gif But I'm with Steel, throat slitting and/or ransom money is always a good thing. So I'm up for either one.

And throwing bagels is fine among friends. Among enemies, bullets are the way to go. smile.gif
Joker9125
Ransoming all 120 would take time and be easily traceable. I vote we either waste em or dump em on the nearest shore with just enough money left on em to make one phone call. On second though dont leave em enough to make the phone call.
Fenris
Question to the group. Realizing that you don't have enough time to gather all of the crew before effects of the initial exposure to the neurostun wear off, are there certain parts of the ship or certain members of the crew you would have prioritized?
BishopMcQ
C&C, Enigineering, Armory (if there is one) and then chokepoints, basically make it so we can lock people down in crew quarters and keep our movements unharassed.
Fenris
Yes there is an armory, and I will assume you've locked down those sections and gathered all the crew from there and a few other stations into the hold. All doors on the ship are locked, thanks to Iblis's master code, so people waking up aren't a huge deal yet.
Blitz
Just an FYI...I am still involved and paying attention, but Im also in the process of moving and pulled in a billion directions. Once I get into the new place (feb 15th) things should start to settle for me. On a positive note, I will have internet at the new place so I'll have more freedom to post!
BishopMcQ
Perception (Astral): 05 03 01 01
Awareness (Complementary): 05 04 04 02 02 02
Initiate Astral Dice: 03 01 01
Joker9125
Im still here and following Jake. Just a question though do you want me to stay non lethal witht he grenade launcher or pull out the assault cannon and really push up the body count?
Joker9125
Im still here and following Jake. Just a question though do you want me to stay non lethal witht he grenade launcher or pull out the assault cannon and really push up the body count?
Fenris
Okay, I need a slight more specific idea of exactly what you guys have been doing. Have you moved everyone into the hold? Are you differentiating between command crew and officers at all? If so, how? Is everyone gathering at the hold, or are the groups split up somewhere on the ship? I've read alot of vague indications, but I need specifics now to move forward.
BishopMcQ
Jake doesn't speak or read Russian and has no skills related to military, navay etc. That being said, can we differentiate who are officers and who arent?

If we can sort them out, I'd throw the crew into the hold, put officers in staterooms and shunt all computer or electronic control away from them. There'd also be a note written in English that if they put up a fight their entire crew will be drowned.

If we can't sort them out, everyone gets thrown in the hold or barricaded into controllable regions on the ship. Since there wouldn't be a note, I'm going to make a couple announcements over the loud speaker.

The girls should have taken control of the bridge first thing, since that's where they were sent. I'd hope from there they could have control of most ofd the ship with their skill sets.
Fenris
So I will assume that the priority areas have been cleared of all original crew members. I was going to say, if anyone has any military or security knowledge, or alternatively, sailing or navy knowledge, it will be easy enough to tell the difference between crew members, but by looking at your character sheets, I see no one has anything like that wink.gif

I will assume then, that as many people as you can gather together are stuffed in the hold, with the rest of them being moved shortly after coming back to conciousness. Feel free to make any announcements you like.

You have run of the ship at this point.
BishopMcQ
Int: 09 05 05 02
Magic: 10 10 05 05 05 04 01 01

Where'd I leave the body of the mage?
Fenris
In his quarters. He's deader then dead, and nobody's touched the body. It's a little disorienting to try and find the location from the material plane, mainly as there are things like "hallways" that you have to get around wink.gif The Int check is plenty though, and you can find the mages quarters with a minimum of effort.
BishopMcQ
I was throwing the test because I'd never been there physically and wasn't sure if I'd remember how to get back. Damn pesky solid barriers...

Int + Astral Dice: 07 03 03 02 02 02 01
Aura Reading (Complementary): 11 07 04 04

Int (Karma'd if necessary): 10 08 05 05 03 02 (I kept the 07 presuming it'd be a success if any are to be had...let me know if I should re-roll it.)
Fenris
Necklace is a sustaining focus, force 1. The small figurines of bone seem to be expendable combat spell foci, 1 burned out, two more still usable. He also has a half dozen fetishes on his person, but these are non-magical themselves. There is 10,000 nuyen worth of summoning materials in the footlocker, and a rating 6 summoning library on chips in the small lockbox.
Fenris
I still haven't gotten any English listings wink.gif of announcements that were made to the crew in general, many of which are starting to wake up.
BishopMcQ
I'm waiting on Iblis to say she made the connection and trying to give the rest of the team time to post for their actions. Will push on tonight.
BishopMcQ
I'm waiting on Iblis to say she made the connection and trying to give the rest of the team time to post for their actions. Will push on tonight.
Buddha72
Give me a break. nyahnyah.gif

You push people along all the time and NOW you develop patience?! wink.gif
Fenris
Alright boys and girls, I need some action wink.gif What're you telling the poor English speaking guy?
BishopMcQ
I'm going to be on vacation from Feb 21 to 28. Please feel free to play on taking Jake and the team where they need to be.
Fenris
Errr...I know there are several other people in this game besides Buddha and McQuillan. Feel free to post?
Joker9125
Im here but what exactly can I do at this point? Everyones either knocked out, detained, or dead and my character is built entirely for combat. So basically all there is left for him to do besides manual labor is to stand there and look big, dumb, and scary.

When my character has a reason to do something I'll start posting more reguarly.
WinterRat1
Sorry, tax season has been swamping me, and since I'm in the same boat as Joker (just walking around, patrolling) I haven't thought of much else to post or do. So I've been assuming unless something came up to give me a reason to do something else, Nameless has just been following Jake's instructions
Buddha72
LOL!! You're (Joker) actually playing the "big dumb muscle" card?!

I think the game is stalled because the boss man's player has been out of the country so it should swing back into gear on Tuesday.
WinterRat1
Yeah sorry, I've been slow, when the game picks up again I'll try to be more in gear here. frown.gif
Buddha72
Ok tyring to understand what he said, I will be defaulting to Intelligence.

TN 8
09 09 08 07 04 04 04 03 02 02 02 01 01 01 (3 successes)
Fenris
You definitely get the sense that dire violence was promised in the statement. The gentlemen doesn't seem happy for some reason, specifically with Geoff, go figure wink.gif
BishopMcQ
This is the chance for the team to speak up if they are particularly attached to the relationship that the Company Man's head currently has with his neck and shoulders.

BTW--Since we are working for the Mafia, and this Russian ship seems to be owned or at least controlled by a Japanese interest...anyone taking bets on which Asian Syndicate/Corp we're pissing off in this run?

What did the manifest say was in the holds when Iblis made her run against the ship? Did it list out the items we were here to grab and anything else that might be contained there within?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012