Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Striding the Soul's Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Panzergeist
No, I don't. But maximizing the gas dispersal is really the job of the person controlling the ventilation system, which would presumably be Iblis.
Fenris
Apologies for my tardiness in posting, I've got relatives down wink.gif

Blitz - The marina has a parking lot. It's appoximately 50 yards from the dock where Schnell's boat is docked.
BishopMcQ
Fenris--What kind of check do we need to roll to set up the neurostun?

Panzer--While Iblis controlling the system may allow for better dispersion through the boat, through isolating out certain sectors, I would think that demolitions was the skill necessary to:
a) Rig up a radio detonator/timer to trigger the gas, since we don't want to breathe it when we activate the device
b) Maximize the spread the gas effectively through the system that it can be piped into the sections that Iblis controls

Team--Does anyone have Demolitions, in case Fenris says it is necessary?
Blitz
Not I said the fly
Fenris
The neurostun itself comes in grenades, which can be set to explode on a timer according to the rules listed in the mainbook. Setting them to explode on a longer timer than standard would require a Demolitions 4 test.

Increasing dispersation can be accomplished by anyone with Engineering 4, Chemistry(neurotoxins) 4, or Architecture 4 background skills they'd like to roll.

If you have other background or active skills you think could substitute for the skills I've listed above, don't hesitate to ask.
BishopMcQ
thanks Fenris. I didn't realize we were actually buying the grenades, I thought we were buying canisters of the gas...

Insertion Team-- Anybody have skills they're putting forward?
Medesha
Not really. Also, I'm going to be at GenCon until Monday so I won't be around. WinterRat or Fenris can rp me. smile.gif
Fenris
Tossed up a post for Medesha. If I don't hear from Panzergiest and Joker9125 by tomorrow afternoon I'll bump the post and puppet-pal them wink.gif
Panzergeist
Sorry man, I just moved into my college dorm, and have had trouble getting their overpriced internet service to work.
Fenris
Bumped and all that. I need a gear list from everyone in the OOC thread, and to know if you're doing anything before the boat and directly after.
Buddha72
Everything on character sheet sans the Vespa. forarm guards and the secure jacket. I will be loading gel to Mr. Bang-Bang and the waist speed loader but the backpack will have EX ready to go. Momma Bang will have EX as well. Bang Bang Jr will be gel going out.
BishopMcQ
Fenris--Hardened armor, sniper rifle...wait wrong character...

We've got all the climbing gear, 2 harnesses, one climbing kit, my rope, as well as Diesel's Troll modified rope.

Night camo suit, FFBA (Which I will put on when Schnell says we are an hour from the boat), lowlight goggles, forearm guards and biomonitor. My utility belt will be holding the pocket flashlight and respirator.

I have Amorachius in his sheath to be strapped at my waist, and the riot shield.

I activated the COmbat Sense and Inc Reflexes before our last meeting, I will have my Armor foci with me in case I need to turn it on.
WinterRat1
Bringing everything except the car on my character sheet. All weapons loaded with the EX. Armor is FFBA L.3, Secure Long Coat, and Forearm Guards.
Buddha72
Battle/Operator Units (8 total)
Vidlink Transmitter (8)
*Thermographic
*Low-Light
*Ultrasound
Tracking Signal AOD (8)
Encryption (8)
Micro-Camcorder (8)
*Thermographic
*Low-Light
*Ultrasound
Bio-Monitor

These are hand built/cobbled tatical thingies Iblis uses on runs. Since we've run together before you all have used/seen them. I have added a mini-com station to my deck for the routing of team comms (encryption 8) and I run signals of feed from each unit so we can see what each other sees if needed. With the blueprint I will have a channel with info of where everyone is on the map. The bio-monitors will sound an alert when you first take physical damage, when you hit Serious and finally when you hit deadly. You can manually trigger the tracking signal (our FUBAR button) to call for help. Iblis usually records the runs in case we need to check over something after the fact unless someone on the team doesn't want her to. She usually works as the operator on runs, keeping teams tight when running different areas at the same time.
BishopMcQ
Buddha--Can you go back and edit the post to disable Smilies? I think all of the smilies are actually 8's
Joker9125
Im in the same boat as panzer I just now got my internet to work in my dorm.

Hey Fenris ive recently had to buy a new hard drive for my computer cause the old one caught a nasty virus so could you do me a huge favor and send me the char sheet that i sent you for Diesel
Medesha
I am back from GenCon! It was a blast and I am really, really sick now!

Steel has:
-her katanas
-her Ingrams
-her Palm Pistol in its hidden ankle holster
-2 Ares Predators on thigh holsters (just in case)
-the Defiance and the AK-97 in her duffle bag
-a Cougar Shortblade strapped to her forearm
-her longcoat, body armor, forearm guards, armored fine clothing
-radio
-of course all her cyber stuff
-two extra clips for each gun in the duffel bag as well as 10 extra shells for the Defiance
-a pair of small, round emerald earrings (they go with the outfit so well)
Fenris
Joker9125 - Sure, no problem. Where would you like it sent?

Medesha - Glad you had a good time, sorry you're sick wink.gif
Joker9125
Blake11_14@hotmail.com please
Fenris
Perceptions everyone, along with anything I should note that might change things, including light modifiers, etc.

Joker - email sent. You can pull them down out of my Yahoo briefcase.

Everyone, please keep in mind that the uniform jumpsuits, while providing no armor, are one of your two layers for armor. Recalculate appropriately wink.gif
Medesha
You'll have to help me with that bit, Fenris. Will the uniform replace the longcoat, then? And is it hideously unfashionable?
Buddha72
GET IT OFF!!! GET IT OFF!!!

I will not be sporting this year's jumpsuit uniform but rather my stylish ruthenium soaked light sec armor. love.gif
WinterRat1
Agreed. No uniform for me then. Sticking with the armor tonight. And yeah, it's definitely hideously unfashionable.

Perception: 10 05 04 04 03 01

Thermo, Improved Scent, Olfactory Booster (whatver the max level is), Sound Filter Lev. 5
Panzergeist
Bringing everything I have.
Fenris
Medesha - Yeah, it would replace the long coat. Basically, you'd count your custom armored clothes, your form fit, and that would be all. You can bring the long coat with and change out once the ruse is over.
Medesha
If I can hold out that long! Are we all supposed to wear uniforms? I'm going to have to read back a few pages...
WinterRat1
Feel free not to. Iblis and I already stated we aren't. Take the armor over the disguise, cause I can't guarantee the disguise will necessarily even help. We almost certainly will goet shot at though.
BishopMcQ
Do they have any Italian models on the ship with swords and shields as standard equipment? Since I missed that in the briefing, I'm going to just wear my armor and presume that everyone we run across will either be gassed into unconsciousness or trying to kill me.
WinterRat1
Athletics roll: 11 09 05 05 04 03

Stealth roll: 20 15 07 02 03 03 03 01 01 05 04

Perception roll: 05 05 04 03 02 02

Any other rolls I need Fenris?
Medesha
No uniform for me, then! I must look fashionable at all times.

Atheletics: [11] [03] [01]

Stealth: [14] [09] [05] [02] [01] [01] [01]

Perception: [05] [05] [04] [02]

Three ones on the Stealth roll! Awesome! Also am I right in that Perception = Intelligence? I couldn't find it on my sheet. Steel will wear her thermographic goggles. cool.gif
Joker9125
Is Diesel going with you guys? Or is he going to wait for a signal or something?
Joker9125
Diesel is wearing his secure clothing under his disguise and bring his jacket for when the ruse is over.

I got a few questions/points to make before we get into comabt

1. A dufflebag is something he would have gotten before he left the house but if you dont want to allow one that will fit all his guns then I guess we can split that up into two bags and have someone else carry the lighter one or have one of our mages levitate it onto the deck.

2. How many grenades did we get and who do I owe for them? If we have enough for Diesel to have a clip or two for his launcher he is going to swap those out for the concussion grenades.

3. Im pretty sure a radio with rating 3 encryption and external subdermal mic is somethine we added after i submitted his character also we added a phone or datapad ill go back and check if it becomes an issue.
Buddha72
Stealth (+12 from ruth)
09 05 05 04 04 03 03

Athletics (-2 to TN if balance is a factor)
10 09 08 05 05 03 02 01

Perception (tricked out eyes, no penalties if anything greater than full darkness)
09 08 05 04 04 03 02 01
WinterRat1
Fenris, a couple questions.

1. What are we seeing on deck here?
2. Is the ship stopped as per the plan or not?

To the team
1. do we have those spirits up and doing their job as per the plan?
2. Which of us on the infiltration team has the gas? Buddha, I think Iblis has it, right?
BishopMcQ
1. I don't know, I've made a few pointed reminders, but I'm not sure if Panzer has noticed since he has beed settling into the dorms.

2. I'd presume Iblis...
Panzergeist
Hand grenades and launcher grenades are different things; I'm pretty sure you can't use them in your grenade launcher. Sorry guys, I've been busy. Posting now.

Summoning a force 4 great form sea spirit. Using Katie's aid power to add 4 dice to the second drain resistance test.

Summoning: 1 2 3 3 3 5 Only one damn service.
Summoning drain: 2 2 3 4 4 7 Reduced to light, trauma damper reduces to nothing.
Great form test: 1 1 1 2 5 9 Add +1 armor.
Great form drain: 1 2 3 5 5 5 5 5 8 8 Reduced to light, nullified by trauma damper.

I order the spirit to use its movement power to decelerate the ship indefinately.
Blitz
Sorry, I have been busy working on the plans for GenCon SoCal and haven't been able to post.

Moe is bringing her deck, a flashlight (never leave home without one again!) and her manhunter pistol that she barely knows how to use. Full Form fit (4/1) with a Rapid transit Heavy Jumpsuit (2/4) and her Ruthenium enabled london fog cloak (2/2). She has a data tap rat 8, an electronics tool kit and of course her comm gear. She will rely on her natural thermographic vision and will bring along her condor drone and her Steel Lynx if the mage can levitate the drone onto the target ship. Otherwise, no. It has been fitted with rutheniums so is extremely stealthy, but can't fly (well...stealthy until it starts unloading with it's ingram valiant). >:)

Not sure what rolls are expected so I'll give you all I can think of.

Stealth (6):
13:07:04:03:03:01

Athletics: (defaulting to Quickness (6)) (+4)
Raw Rolls
17:15:04:03:03:03 Yay! Good roll! (^_^)
Adjusted Rolls
13:11:Null:Null:Null:Null:Null

Reaction Test (8)
11:10:05:05:05:05:04:02

Initiative (8+1d6) (hate not rigging!)
Initiative number: 12
Fenris
The IC post should answer all of the current questions posed to me wink.gif

Initiative rolls, please.
Buddha72
Iblis is at 30.
WinterRat1
Initiative Roll: 27
Medesha
27 for me as well (twins!).
WinterRat1
How utterly appropriate. biggrin.gif
And uh, Buddha, initiative of 30!??!?!??! Maybe YOU should be protecting US! wink.gif
BishopMcQ
WinterRat--Nah...Iblis will go fast and put a lot of bullets in the air, but she's still an action decker. It's a shame she went for pistols and not SMGs though...then the killing would happen
Blitz
and the rigger....in apparant slow motion wink.gif
WinterRat1
hey anybody know how much karma we've accumulated thus far? just asking, cause I seem to have lost my records. 1 pt per week, right? just let me know. thanks!
BishopMcQ
14 karma by my count...
BishopMcQ
Fenris--How are you doing Spell addition? I know for skills we just let you know how we're spending the karma...but for the magic side I'm unclear...
Buddha72
Ok out of town on a mini-vacation starting tomorrow and I'll be back Thursday afternoon. Feel free to NPC me since most people know the character well enough. Have fun all!!
Fenris
Spell addition is per the written, non-optional canon-type rules in the main book. First you have to purchase or research the spell formula, then make the roll and take the time to learn it.
WinterRat1
Fenris, about how far are the guards from us? Additionally, does it look possible to sneak past them to where we want to be to disperse the gas, or are they more or less blocking our path?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012