Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Striding the Soul's Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Medesha
Apparently Steel has a unique interpretation of the word "subdue".
WinterRat1
Fenris- A bit confused, I already mentioned in the IC and OOC threads that I'd be moving forward towards wherever the fastest route to the gas dispersal point is. Did you want something more specific? My apologies, it's my first combat sequence on Dumpshock, so if I'm not quite doing things right, just let me know.
BishopMcQ
WinterRat--Movement is free in SR, you could try perceiving in detail while you moved to make sure no one was hiding on the deck in ambush, or moving around inside the vessel etc. I think Fenris was looking for things like that or more active approaches like shooting the downed bodies to make sure they stay there...
WinterRat1
Ah, I see. OK then, well question, how far are the bodies from us when they fell?

I'll motion to Steel and Iblis to go make sure the bodies stay down, while Moe and I go to the door that will lead to the gas dispersal point, hold the door, and wait for them to catch up, perceiving actively all the while.

Perception Roll: 11 09 04 03 03 01
Fenris
McQuillan is correct. I was looking for any active actions that you might have been taking, such as ready specific weapons, taking aim, reloading, so on and so forth, since movement is free. The bodies were approximately 40 metres, 60 metres, and 80 metres away, unless I've contradicted that somewhere else wink.gif

Steel will not be able to reach the nearest body on this turn, but she's moving that way.

Nameless - I try and give the players the benefit of the doubt. Since we're still in combat rounds and all, you didn't specify in your post whether you were stealthing while you were moving. Since you didn't take any actions, the possibility of your having stealthed exists. If you were doing so, please give me a stealth roll. If not, I just need to know you weren't.
WinterRat1
Fenris- Thanks for that info. Definitely stealthing it.
Stealth Roll: 11 11 05 01 02 05 01 04 01 03 04

Medesha and Buddha- Translate 'stay down' into 'ensure they're dead', since the non-lethal option has happily been waved good-bye to already wink.gif

Whoops, contact. Fenris, since I've been holding actions, can I shoot the guy? Or is stealthing it and shooting mutually exclusive? If it's one or the other, scratch the stealthing for shooting. If I can do both, great, that's what I'll do.

Additionally, consider me finding cover a priority, right now. Lastly, how far (approximately) are each of us from that superstructure the guards are crawling out of?

I'd just like to add that me having the super early editions of the books (meaning I wasn't aware of a lot of the errata till AFTER making this character) is really pissing me off right now. Grr... sarcastic.gif *sigh* note to self: stay up to date on the latest errata at all times. Doh!

Oh, and it's getting really interesting right about now. Good job everyone! smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Winter--Remember that I gave the insertion team some shielding and spell defense. That's about all you get when I'm astrally projecting...Here's to hoping Loki can levitate up fast enough to help out.

It's a shame no one brought a jammer--guess we didn't think of everything...
Fenris
I will need to actually check and see if skills are a simple or complex action.

As a quick update, the guards are coming around the superstructure at this particular moment.

Moe - Just so we're on the same page, the gas dispersion point is below the upper deck. Several floors below, closer to the engineering decks.
Blitz
Wee! Tell me how many stealth checks I need to make, here's the first:

Stealth (6)
15:05:04:02:01:01

15 + 10 Rhytheniums = 25
WinterRat1
Fenris,

A skill is a complex action.

When you say 'around the superstructure', do you mean

1) around = I heard them coming but cannot see them OR
2) around = they have entered my/our view as they turned the corner type thing?

Anyway, given that I can only do one of the two (stealth or shoot) I'll opt to shoot the first guy when he comes into view (with myself behind cover, of course), burst fire mode.

HK227 roll (using Imaging Scope 3 w/LL and Thermo, or Laser sight if short range):
11 10 05 05 04 03 02

Second shot (same guy if he's still up, guy right behind him if first guy goes down):
11 08 05 05 03 01 01

I have adequate recoil compensation to cover both shots entirely. I would probably count as walking or stationary, depending on how you view the situation. Think that about covers it all.

Just reread the IC post, regardless of what exactly 'around the superstructure' means, I can see one of them for sure, so yeah, still shooting, following above statements. (Making DARN sure I'm behind cover first though) smile.gif

BTW, when I say 'cover' I mean hard cover (i.e. cover with a barrier rating).
Blitz
Just tell him how many points of cover you are taking.

2, 4, 6 or 8 (but if you take 8 you are blind firing)

The cover you take is halfed as a penalty for you but full as a penalty for your enemy.

Example, taking 6 cover means your TN's are +3 but his are +6 (in addition to any other modifiers)
WinterRat1
Since I'm kneeling and not moving, I'll take 6 points of cover.

Base TN is 4 maximum (due to scope), maybe 3 if short range (due to laser sight)
+3 (cover)
+0 (recoil)
+0/-1 (Target walking or stationary; didn't sound lke he was running from IC post)
+visibility (can't be worse than minimal light, I'm guessing partial light) so either
+4 or +1

TN = between 11 (maximum) and 6 (minimum) best guess: 8 (medium/long range, target walking and partial lighting) So probably like 2 successes each roll, less on the second if I'm shooting at a second target.

And question: When we're shot at, do you typically tell us how many successes the enemy got/how many successes we need to dodge, or do you just have us roll Fenris? Also, do you use Professional Ratings for NPCs in your game? That matters cause that means I have to shoot to kill everyone vs. shoot to put them down.
Panzergeist
Alright, Im confused. Where are we in the initiative now? Second pass?
Fenris
I've never actually reviewed the professional rating system, I just run NPC's like PC's.

I'll usually tell you how many successes are scored against you. Goes inline with my open table policy in my table top games. I figure Shadowrun's lethal enough, nothing wrong with letting you know whether to roll dodge or save the dice for resistance wink.gif

Iblis, you're up.
BishopMcQ
Panzer--Since Iblis is up, we just subtracted 10.
Fenris
McQuillan - I'm holding IC response till Iblis moves, but we can do the rolls now.

I'll need an attack roll from you (along with where you're putting the reach), the damage on the weapon, an attack roll from the first spirit, with 1 friend in melee, and an attack roll from the second spirit, with 2 friends in melee (-1 TN and -2 TN respectively).

Blitz - You're currently about 40 metres from the door that you need to enter to go down a deck and to the filtration and purification system. How fast are you moving towards the door? I'll need to know to adjust the ruthenium bonus.
WinterRat1
Hey Fenris,

After I shot that guy, did anything else happen in the area that Steel, Iblis, and Nameless are in? Situational update if necessary, or is there just currently no one in sight of any of us right now?

Oh, and where on the top deck are we, anyway? Front, middle, back, and can we get a rough description of the layout of where we're at right now? Thanks
Buddha72
Ok I am picturing us on one end of this tub and then a structure in the center where the bridge is. Through that is the ways deeper into the boat. The extra guards are coming from the other end of the boat and can go left or right around the center structure. Correct me if wrong Fenris.

Iblis is going to run to the other side, the one that Nameless isn't covering. I am going to pop my skates (complex action) and head that way. I can cover 18 meters this pass, my ruthenium drops to +6 for this pass.

BishopMcQ
Fenris--Who is the friend in melee? You never described the other spirit as being in the room or the person as being astrally present, which is why I attacked the watcher as per my previous post with all the rolls in it.

QUOTE (mcquillan)
When my turn comes around next--

If the man enters astral space, either through projection or perception i'm going to slaughter him taking reach for myself, otherwise I will swat the biggest spirit in the room.
11 08 05 04 04 04 03 03 01 01 (7 skill + 3 from focus)
05 04 04 01 (4 Astral Combat pool)
I used one Karma.
TN 4-1 for reach = TN 3 (11 Successes)
Joker9125
Feneris is their any place near me that I could quickly stash Jakes body in an emergency.

of course I could always dump my weapons outta their bag and jsut shove him in their wink.gif

Also how many combat turns would it take me to get onto the deck of the boat. And Jake and Loki whats the max weight you can levitate? Diesel weighs 300lbs and add the weight of an assault cannon on top of that.

Come to think of it how high is the deck of the boat above the boat I am on
BishopMcQ
Joker--The weight changes the test...a higher TN IIRC...and I would humbly beseech you not to throw my limp body around like so much dead weight...I'll need it eventually...
WinterRat1
heh heh heh. Just had a funny picture of Diesel using the bag for a bullet shield and then being like, "Oops...uh, boss? Bad news..."
Fenris
My apologies, I needed to re-read the previous posts. I accidentally mixed up some of the summoning rolls, and thought you had two spirits with you wink.gif 'Least I err'd on the side of the player, right? Anywho, just the two of you astrally, and the one guy sitting at the desk in real space.
Joker9125
Lol ill try not to be to rough when throwing it around. Key word being try. I hope you sense of smell aint great cause thats the same duffle bag diesel usuially keeps him gym shoes and jock strap in eek.gif
Blitz
I apologize for my lack of interaction. Financial woes have forced me to cancel my internet service at home, but I will be able to make regular appearances when at work. My schedule is a bit wonky (10pm - 7am Friday night-Wednesday Morning) so please be patient with me!

Fenris. Moving at half speed.
Quickness: 6
Fenris
Blitz - On the bright side, you're doing alot of concealed moving right now, so it doesn't take a ton of interaction wink.gif

Joker - Remember you're still on the rigger's boat, so you can leave the body there, or politely inquire if you can dump Jake's body in the cabin the rigger's in.

McQuillan - Only one astrally active is the watcher spirit, so to the spirit it is. You've got 9 net success, so please calculate damage.
BishopMcQ
[Edited Post to match new info in Fenris' post.]

Damage scales up to 10D
WinterRat1
Been a little slow; who's up? Me and Medesha? If so, can you describe the situation as it stands to us Fenris, from my reading it seems we aren't seeing any new goons anywhere, correct?
BishopMcQ
I'm waiting on Fenris to determine if the spirit pops and how the mage reacts to his half materialized spirit appearing to be fighting.
Fenris
I've been reviewing the two games I'm running on the boards to try and determine exactly why they eventually seem to lag, and I've discovered that it's my fault, and that I've been slacking on the posts wink.gif

So, hopefully everyone will notice a drastic upswing in the posting regularity and frequency. Sorry guys.

Steel, you're up. Currently, you're standing on the body of the first guard that dropped. There are three other corpses on the deck in front of you, and Iblibs and Nameless are the only things moving on the deck right now. Nameless is crouched several yards ahead of you, watching around one corner of the structure for more guards, and Iblis is skating rapidly towards the other side of the boat, presumably to guard the other side as well. The boats about 80m across.
Medesha
Stomp on the guard's neck to make sure he's really down and not just shamming, then go after Ibs with guns up. Keep an eye on my back to make sure no-one's sneaking up on us.

(And by "go after Ibs with my guns" I mean follow her, not like go after her. You know. wink.gif )
BishopMcQ
Who's up?
Fenris
20 Iblis
19 Jake (Astral)
17 Steel
17 Nameless
11 Loki
10 Diesel

I'll start reposting initiative at the beginning of each phase.

Nameless is up.
WinterRat1
Fenris,

Are they within even extreme range? I have a scope so if they are, I can shoot just fine, but your IC post sounds like they're still outside of even that (several hundred meters was the exact term). I have a scope, so would you let me know if they are/are not in extreme range so I can decide whether or not to shoot or hold action. Thanks.
Fenris
Closest target is currently outside of extreme range wink.gif [150 metres]
WinterRat1
OK, then consider me to be holding action for now.
Fenris
Loki's up!
Fenris
I'll be NPC's Loki for the moment.

Diesel, you're up. After Diesel, I'll post another update on the situation and we'll wrap up the round.
Fenris
10 Iblis
9 Jake (Astral)
7 Steel
7 Nameless
1 Loki

Iblis!

The current situation has one dead watcher spirit wink.gif, several dead guards, and our intrepid team on deck and waiting.

As Iblis and Steel round the corner, you can see two more guards rushing towards you, the nearest still 60 metres away.

Moe has reached the entrance to the supersctructure near Nameless, and there's naught but a slight shimmer in the air as she passes under the light and through the doorway inside.

Loki's hovering a few metres away from the deck of the larger ship, fairly well concealed in the darkness. Diesel stands on the deck of the riggers boat.
Buddha72
Going for the nearest guard, will continue to skate at full speed (another 13 meters forward).

1st Burst (TN 17/1 combat pool to each shot)
Left Gun 17 09 07 05 05 05 03 02 02 02 01 01
Right Gun 17 08 07 05 05 05 04 03 03 03 03 02 (1 karma reroll)

2nd Burst (TN 17/1 combat pool to each shot)
Left Gun 17 11 10 07 05 05 05 04 04 02 02 01
Right Gun 11 03 03 03 03 02 01 01 01 01 01 01

Base Damage is 11S Stun (gel rounds).
Panzergeist
Sorry guys, been busy. I levitate up a couple meters above the deck and manabolt the nearest unwounded guard. Force 6 manabolt, serious base damage. +1 to TNs for sustaining the levitation spell.

Casting: 2 2 3 3 4 5 9 9
Drain resistance, 4S: 1 1 1 1 2 2 5 5 5 11 Light, reduced to none by trauma damper.
WinterRat1
Fenris, from your description it sounds like there are no guards on my side of the superstructure than I can see, is that correct?
BishopMcQ
Fenris--I'm going to assense the man in the room.

Int + Aura Reading: 09 05 04 03 + 07 05 05 04

3 successes, plus 4 from complentary yields 5 successes.

To pierce masking, is it a separate action or resisted as part of the assense? Roll whatever dice are necessary.

Language test to make out the Russian.
17 07 03 01--Defaulting to Int, so one success...maybe...depending on complexity of meaning.
Fenris
Winter - That is correct. You would need to proceed further forward to see past the edge of the superstructure.

Loki - Nothing in sight, but feel free to move forward next round.

Jake - It's a seperate roll, but the gentleman does not appear to be masking.
WinterRat1
I HATE how Dumpshock formats anything remotely resembling a graph. The Dots and Lines are so Dumpshock doesn't stupidly condense my graph into one that has no coherence whatsoever. I assume you can make out the intended outline of the superstructure (the lines with the dashes in between) and just ignore the dots entirely. They're placeholders, nothing more. Moving on...

Fenris, this is my view of the structure, correct?

This line of sight is clear of enemies in my view, correct?

<-------------------------------------------->

........ l
ME... l COVER
........ l.........................l------------------------------------------------------l
...............................A l------------------------------------------------------l
..................................l------------------------------------------------------l
..................................l------------SUPERSTRUCTURE---------------l
..................................l------------------------------------------------------l

IBLIS
STEEL

In my mind's eye, I have positioned myself at the spot labeled "ME", and NOT at the spot labeled "A"

Winter - That is correct. You would need to proceed further forward to see past the edge of the superstructure.

I was worried you were viewing my position as being "A", and thus stating I would need to move forward a little bit to see around the superstructure, when I am actually behind cover at spot ME.

The other interpretation is that I am at spot ME and would need to move way forward to see around the other end of the superstructure, which I hope is the correct interpretation of your statement. Just clarifying, since I'd hate for your next post to say, "A goon walks around the corner and runs into Nameless." smile.gif
Medesha
Can Steel still target the guard who has cover on her side? If so, she'll fire. If not, she'll move and fire. If neither of those are available, she'll move up as much as she can and take cover.

Assuming I can take both shots, here they are:

Left Gun:
[01] [02] [05] [05] [07] [09] [09] [11] [22]

Right Gun:
[01] [03] [03] [05] [05] [05] [07] [10] [19]

If I can only take one shot I guess take only one of those strings? I prefer the left gun. wink.gif
WinterRat1
Steel, you can shoot twice with both hands. So four total, twice per hand. You're two shots short. I wasn't sure if that was deliberate or not. Just letting you know. =)
Buddha72
It all depends if she's firing single rounds, bursts or full auto.
Medesha
Six-round bursts, which I think I can only do one of on each hand. smile.gif
WinterRat1
Ah yes, true. I just remembered that last time she fired three round bursts (right?) or not...never mind. i'll shut up now. dead.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012