Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Striding the Soul's Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Joker9125
Sorry guys my computer broke and i just got it fixed today.

Do I need to make my own intimidation roll? Or does Jakes do the job of convincing him how serious we are?
Fenris
Joker - Your choice, roll if you like.
Blitz
:: ROFLMAO @ Joker ::

That was soooooooo wrong!

Joker9125
I think ill just let jakes roll cover it. Something like that shouldnt need a roll eek.gif

hehe I know its wrong but it seemed appropiate for that particular convorsation.
BishopMcQ
I figured by having Diesel there, I would just take the extra modifier for being bigger than he is and obvious weapons, and all the other wonderful social modifiers that having a troll at your back confers when you are threatening a person with violence. Thanks big guy!!

Loved your bit btw.
Buddha72
I am off for a week's worth of vacation starting this weekend. Fenris, feel free to NPC me if needed so not to drag the game down. You have a character sheet and know the character well enough to play her well. Have fun and see you in a week all!
BishopMcQ
Blitz--

QUOTE (McQuillan)
For the ship--Moe, I need you to arrange with Schnell passage about 300 miles into international waters and 2 degrees south of the primary shipping lanes. That is where Iblis is going to direct the ship through the satellite GPS connection.

QUOTE (McQuillan)
If Iblis can't hack the ship, we will need to hit it en route to the bay. I want to be on board that ship and in control, 12 hours before it is due at the dock. That means we will need to get a copy of its path. Moe, I need you to get in touch with any smugglers you may know and find us a quiet bay to hide in for a week.

Blitz
Oh..I know...just roleplaying smile.gif
Panzergeist
Er, does that other game having died affect our game?
BishopMcQ
Considering we're still going ahead with our plans, I don't think it should have any effect. Fenris?
Fenris
Not at all. And the fact that I'm re-opening the game with another group should fix any lingering plot holes wink.gif
BishopMcQ
Blitz--That's your cue.
BishopMcQ
Quick poll--Is there anything we are missing? We have a way out to the boat, plan to deal with the Spirit, an accident for the boat. Once on board we have a layout, planned chokepoints and a way to gas the crew. We have a way to get the boat to a safe harbor to hide out.

Do we need Ropes? How much higher is the deck of the vessel than our boat ?

Blitz--Do you have our safe harbor figured out yet?

Buddha is taking care of changing the records for sale of the boat, and Vinnie is getting us a buyer.

Panzer, Medesha--any input? Haven't seen you on the board in awhile.
WinterRat1
Do we have a way to deal with any pursuit, air or naval, that may occur? We have to assume the possibility that someone will take notice of events on the boat, whether because the accident is reported, we're spotted going in, unable to jam them from reporting a problem, the spirit's summoner notices it being wasted, etc etc drekcetera.

Also, I echo the need for ropes. I think it's safe to assume a 10 story boat (I think that's what it was) will be higher than our transport. Are both teams boarding at the same place, or different locations?

When we head to the safe harbor, what are we doing with the crew? Putting them in a lifeboat, letting them go at port, just whacking them all, what?

Are we going to loot the boat before we sell it? If so, do we have a way to transport whatever we're hauling out of there?

Not at all trying to criticize the plan, those are just some things I thought of when looking over what we had and thinking it through. What do you all think?
Blitz
Fen...I can't remember which version of Moe I gave you, can you refresh me on what contacts are on there?
Medesha
I'm here, just staying out of the way while the wheels moved along. I'm ready. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Wow, we've been planning this run for weeks IRL and we wait until the 11th hour to ask who has a climbing harness and rope.

Buddha--Anyone have a shovel?
Joker9125
I have a very important question.

Whats our plan B?

Also i wasnt aware the other run had quit. Are we allowed to view the new one thats starting up? Or should we stay out of it?
BishopMcQ
Plan B--Nuke 'em til they glow, shoot 'em in the dark.

In the event of the absence of a tactical nuke, the team will fight a covered withdrawal to Schnell's boat. From there we will head back to the Warehouse, destroy the resistance with the level of prejudice that only comes from assault cannons and rocket launchers and wait for the shipment to arrive.

Plan C--Shoot Vinnie, move to Fiji.

wink.gif I'm only half serious, but we have a backup plan for the neurostun. If we cannot take the vessel at sea, we are going to have a hard time getting back to Seattle and taking out the more heavily armed and armored security at the warehouse. I'm open for input.
Blitz
Since I haven't heard from Fenris regarding the contact list I gave him, Im going to assume my contact list I have is the same.

Sade is a smuggler that specializes in the pac rim and pacific coast. Totally believes he's a pirate and acts and looks the part. Very charismatic, basically a likeable Narcisist.

(some may even know the person he is based on wink.gif )
Joker9125
Hey its Steve the pirate. silly.gif

Whats the price of the ropes harnesses and soyburgers?
Fenris
Blitz - Actually, the character sheet you sent me, while well organized and colorfully laid out, has no contacts listed on it. Feel free to send them over wink.gif

Joker - Total cost for 50m of line and 20 soyburgers (with cheese) is 185 nuyen.gif
WinterRat1
It might be a little extreme, but we might be able to lay explosives and/or knockout gas at the warehouse in case we have to fall back and try to take the warehouse. It'd make things easier for us, and save us from getting worn down too much for having to take the boat when it arrives. Thoughts?
Medesha
Sounds ok to me. I'm more of the "overplanning leads to stagnation" school of thought. Let's just rush in and react accordingly!

Fenris - can I exposition Steel getting the stuff from Vinnie, or do you want to roleplay it out?
BishopMcQ
Team, correct me if I'm wrong but I think we're ready for the bump into the next morning.

Rat--The only problem I see with rigging the building to blow is concealing the explosives so that they don't get tampered with while we are out to sea. I've got a couple different levels of planning to throw out there when we get to our meeting.
WinterRat1
OK then bump away. All I gotta do is get the bagels for us in the morning. smile.gif
WinterRat1
OK then bump away. All I gotta do is get the bagels for us in the morning. smile.gif
Fenris
Medesha - Exposition away!

All - Thread bumped to the next morning.
Medesha
Duh, sorry for my spaciness, but what am I picking up from Vinnie again? I'll make a generic post and update it when I get the info. Sorry.
BishopMcQ
Picking up a case of Neurostun with Vinnie Credit. It was 1200, so if I understand correctly that's 600 from the credit pool.

Edit: Medesha, I just re-read your post. Did you miss the part about the brunch planning session? Or was it part of the master plan you stop planning and start killing? wink.gif
BishopMcQ
okay, when are we? WinterRat is in the morning, Medesha's in the evening...
Fenris
Vinnie's credit is worth an extra 50%, not 100%. It'll cost you 800 from the Vinnie credit pool wink.gif

I'll leave it up to you guys to decide "when" you are.
BishopMcQ
Fenris--Thanks for the clarification on the pricing!

Ok boys and girls, when are we? I'm pushing for a morning meeting.
Medesha
All part of my....master plan! Mwa ha ha!

*edited*

*blush*
BishopMcQ
Thank you love, no worries.
BishopMcQ
I knew Moe and Iblis didn't rise before noon...did the rest of the team have similar sleeping habits?? My bad...
Joker9125
Im all up for a morning meeting
BishopMcQ
I loved the food fight, but if Renraku Red Samurai drop in later during this run, I'm going to be pissed.
BishopMcQ
If there are no questions thus far, I will continue. look for my second part tonight.
BishopMcQ
Blitz--It's been way too long since I ran with Moe...what are her abilities outside of the van? Presuming you have a flashlight, i mean... grinbig.gif
Blitz
ONE time without a bloomin' flashlight and I'll never hear the end of it!!!

She's a thief besides being a rigger.
BishopMcQ
Any combat talent?
Blitz
Nothing up close...just gunnery
WinterRat1
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know I will be out of town from Monday Aug 9- Saturday, Aug 14. Dang it! I might miss the best part! Go slow everyone, no need to rush to the action here. wink.gif For that reason, I may not make the best number two. Fenris, feel free to play my character, I'll just take over when I get back, assuming things are still happening. Hopefully I won't miss out on all the action, so everyone feel free to take your time. biggrin.gif
Joker9125
sorry for the week long lag in posting but what was supposed to be a 2 day visit to see my family quickly turned into a week long ordeal. If i ever fall behind or stagnate please feel free to RP Diesel for me.
BishopMcQ
WinterRat/Joker--No worries, it's the summer, everyone takes some kind of trip...
Fenris
Rule change. My apologies, I just realized that a previous post conflicts with my opinions wink.gif

I do not use the optional training rules. Feel free to improve in game as the game moves on.
Blitz
That's a good point Mc. Fenris...how likely is it that we can pull right up close to the boat?
BishopMcQ
Panzer--I realize, much too late into the game to ask, but you do have demolitions right?? I presume that's the skill necessary to set up the canisters of gas for maximum dispersion throughout the ventilation system.
Blitz
Still waiting on Fenris's answer before posting...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012