Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Striding the Soul's Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Buddha72
Ok here's my soak roll (home again!!!)

TN 6 (minus 6 impact)
11 10 08 05 05 05 04 03 03 02 (3 successes)

Fenris finally told me it's a 12M Stun (hunted him down like the dog he is)
so it goes to a light and then trauma dampener kicks that away.

So if Jake has gone should be Steel next right?
Medesha
Alright, I'll use some karma. Fenris, can you tell me how much I have? Not knowing, I'll roll five dice and if I can't spend that much we'll take them off from the end, ok?

[08] [01] [05] [09] [02]
Medesha
Assuming Steel is still conscious, she'll move up to the door and look around, trying to spot the source of the grenade-thrower. I don't know what the equivalent of a Spot check is, but here's my Intelligence. Maybe that'll do something. nyahnyah.gif

[03] [02] [02] [01]

The goggles, they do nothing!

(By the way, sorry for not knowing the rules, folks, I hope I'm not bogging things down too much. I just moved and my rulebook is still in transit. Thanks for being patient!)
BishopMcQ
Medesha--when you spend Karma for a re-roll, you get to re-roll any dice that were not successes. Looking back at your test, you had 6 body dice, +4 combat pool for a total of 10 dice, 2 were successes so you re-roll the other 8. That means you still have 3 more dice that you can roll for the soak test. [At the moment you have earned 4 successes which will completely the damage unless the person launching the air-timed grenade had additional successes. End Result: Roll the dice and pray for 8s or higher.]

The equivalent os a Spot check is "Perceiving in detail", it takes a simple action and is effectively your Int dice.

You're doing just fine with the rules, we all have to learn some time. There is still a simple action left for you, I would recommend aiming at the door to reduce penalties for firing.
Medesha
Thanks, McQuillan. smile.gif Here's the rest of the salsa-avoidance dice:

[03] [02] [02]

Oh, well. And I'll aim at the door. smile.gif
Buddha72
We have team karma pool you can use as well. It would take 2 to reroll any of the dice that weren't successes. I say use the pool that's what its there for. biggrin.gif

So you could reroll 6 dice.
Medesha
What, you don't want to see Steel make interesting patterns on the deck? nyahnyah.gif Ok, well, if nobody minds I'll use team karma then. If anyone does mind just say so and I'll un-roll them.

[10] [08] [02] [01] [01] [01]

Awesome.

PS to Fenris: Shy is getting married!!!!!!111
Fenris
Chunky salsa light is off, don't sweat it people. I may turn it on later, but you'll know before hand if I do.

No need to use the extra team karma, Steel's initial re-roll will give you enough successes to soak the damage with no ill-effects.

Winter - No, not much cover around. Some shipping crates on deck, but more then a few metres away.

P.S. - Medesha - Good grief...I see I need to catch up on my Shy.
Buddha72
Medesha - you still have a simple action left hun.
Medesha
Move forward, guns first, till I see something.
Joker9125
Ill be getting my harness ready for the ascent up then ill be holding my action for every action untill jake gets back to his body. I know its not my turn but just letting yall know.
Fenris
And as usual, fully automatic gunfire seems to find it's way to Steel wink.gif

You have the option to either try to soak the damage or dodge. Two people are firing, so you'd need to dodge or soak twice. Dodging would be harder then usual since the fire is full auto and there's a number of rounds coming at you, and you can only dodge with combat pool, so once you use it, it's gone till next round. Soak would use your Body.

Current TN to dodge each set of rounds is 6, and you'd need 4 successes for the first shot and 2 successes for the second. TN to soak with body is 16D, minus your ballistic rating.

Your success for the dodge pool will carry over to your soak if you do not completly dodge both shots, so dodge isn't wasted.

Buddha says don't forget about team karma, so you can use it to re-roll dodge or body tests wink.gif Since karma would allow you to re-roll both failures on the dodge test and the soak test, it's especially effective for those.
BishopMcQ
Posted slightly out if initiative order, but that will be my last action until we re-roll...my others were burned by dropping out of the astral.
BishopMcQ
Updates to Jake:

Int raised to 6
Unarmed to 3

2 karma that rolled over to pool has been donated to the team.
------------------
Team Karma Pool is now 13

Iblis (1)
Jake (4)
Moe (2)
Diesel (2)
Loki (1)
Steel (2)
Nameless (1)
------------------------
Ok everybody, remember since this run started we've all earned 25 karma...up those skills and start contributing to the team pool. That's what keeps us alive when there's full-auto fire.
Blitz
Im a dwarf! I only get them so often and I've already given two! smile.gif
WinterRat1
Toss another karma point into the team pool for me.
Medesha
Steel getting targetted with auto-fire? That's unpossible! wink.gif

So it doesn't hurt me to try and dodge, right? And dodge is combat pool? I have 3 left (I spent 4 dodging the grenades. Or are they back?):

[08] [04] [02]

Which is one crappy success. Body:

[10] [10] [05] [04] [04] [02]

16D minus my ballistic (6) is 10, so I got 2 more successes. That's pretty crappy. Karma lets me reroll all the failures, right? So karma it is. Dodge failures:

[08] [04]

One more success! Body failures:

[05] [04] [02] [02]

Well...that sucked.
Buddha72
I say spend 2 more team karma and reroll those failures!! That would still leave us with 9 in the pool.
BishopMcQ
Medesha--you also have a second burst to soak.

Loki--You're on stabilize and treat duty!
Medesha
My Ballistic armor is actually 9, not 6, so my target is only 7. 'Course that still doesn't give me any more successes, but oh well.

2 more karma spent for more rerolls on the first blast:

Dodge Rerolls:

[04]

Body Rerolls:

[11] [10] [02] [01]

So the total for the first blast is: 2 Dodge successes followed by 4 Body successes.

Second blast Body roll:

[10] [08] [04] [04] [02] [01]

2 successes.

BishopMcQ
MORE KARMA!!! PLEASE!!! We don't want our gun bunny dying from Full-auto fire...you have personal karma and team...
Medesha
Pfft. It takes more than a little full-auto fire to kill Steel! Well, maybe not...3 more karma (personal this time, don't want to keep draining the party reserves just cause Steel has a penchant for charging).

Dodge Reroll:

[06] Woohoo!

First body rerolls:

[05] [01]

Second body rerolls:

[16] [09] [07] [01]

Rock. cool.gif So that gives me (for the first blast): 3 Dodge successes followed by 4 Body successes.

Second blast has 5 Body successes.
BishopMcQ
Because it's a different test...it only take 1 karma for this re-roll.
WinterRat1
Hey when I said toss one more in the karma pool for me, I really meant FROM me. Whoever's keeping track, chalk up that extra one in case I wasn't clear earlier. Can't have Nameless's best friend, sometime girl, and team gun bunny dying on us, now can we? biggrin.gif
Fenris
Just for clarification, the 4 and 2 was the number of total successes needed to dodge everything, so currently as it stands, Steel is taking two moderate wounds.

Nothing worse then she's had before wink.gif Feel free to keep rolling if you want, but we're going to push forward with the game.
Buddha72
Ok free action to activate the DNI ammo rack

Simple to Reload (assuming I make the test)

Speed Loader (TN 7)
09 04 04 03 03 02 01 (Woot!)

Simple action to fire one burst into each baddie.

Left Gun (TN cool.gif
14 11 09 07 05 04 04 02 02 02 02 (3 successes)

Right Gun (TN cool.gif
13 10 05 05 04 02 02 01 01 01 01 (2 successes)

Base damage is 15S now with the Ex rounds loaded. biggrin.gif
Fenris
Abort, abort! Danger Will Robinson, Danger!

Dodging:
Left Gun : 3 3 1

Right gun: 5 4 3 (1 success)

15S to both: No successes on either body roll, with karma, enough successes will stage the first shot to a D.

Since Panzer hasn't posted in a good long time, his part will be played tonight by the GM's Hand Puppet ™

Current Initiative, minus Jake because he's rezzing back into his body.

16 Loki
15 Steel
15 Iblis
12 Nameless
9 Diesel
1 Moe

Nameless, you're up!
WinterRat1
I'm still holding my ground and scanning the deck, is there even anyone up there? Besides us good guys, of course. I'll hold position and cover Diesel as he comes up.
Fenris
Nope, nobody up there. Are you delaying, or perceiving, or what?
WinterRat1
I will delay. If nothing happens, right before this pass is over, I will perceive.

Perception Roll: 05 05 04 03 02 01
Fenris
Diesel, if you have anything you'd like to do, go ahead. I just posted for Moe so she'd know what's going on.

After Diesel, new rounds folks! Last pass of the second round of combat:

6 Loki
5 Steel
5 Iblis
2 Nameless

Fenris
Medesha - Loki heals 3 boxes of damage, and takes no drain.

Steel, you're up!

Moe - More on the crewmember when the crew's initiative comes up again. Can't act till then.
Medesha
Is the wounded guy still alive? If so, I'll shoot him. If not, advance down the stairs cautiously.

Left Hand:

[13] [07] [07] [04] [03] [03] [03] [02] [01]

Right Hand (holy crap!):

[11] [10] [08] [08] [07] [07] [03] [02] [02]

Minus whatever if I'm wounded or whatever.
Fenris
Last down, nice shot! I think you over-damaged him by 10 boxes or something wink.gif

Iblis is up, followed by Nameless.

Need everyone to roll initiative again, please, might as well get it out of the way before the next round comes up.
BishopMcQ
Initiative: 20...so close yet again..
WinterRat1
Nameless: 24
Medesha
22 for Steel.
BishopMcQ
Post deleted...wrong bloody thread...
Buddha72
Ok my action this round is to take 4 pts of cover at the top of the stairs and spend a complex retracting the cyber skates.

Initiative for next round: 27
Joker9125
6, 5, 3.
Fenris
Iblis 27
Joker 24
Jake 20
Steel 22
Nameless 24

Nameless - I need your last action in the previous round.
WinterRat1
If nothing happened before the end of the round, I perceived. My roll was a few entries above this one, so it'd be easier to find.
Joker9125

14+10
Fenris
Nothing popping up, Nameless.

Diesel, you're up.
Joker9125
Holding my action untill Jake gives the ok to go up.
Fenris
Jake, you're up!
BishopMcQ
Simple to rise, Simple to talk. I'm done.
Fenris
Steel, you're up.

Joker, hope you don't mind, I just assumed you'd start on your way up. You're going to move at STR + QUICK / 8 meters per complex action, with each successes on an athletics roll providing one additional meter per round for that complex action.
Joker9125
I dont mind at all.I wasnt really able to post during exams and now my posts are going to be kinda sluggish because of the holidays so feel free to NPC me if i hold ya back.
BishopMcQ
**Looks around, cleans up some cobwebs, polishes the floor, does some dusting** Ok, I've cleaned things up, let's get moving again. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012