Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Striding the Soul's Edge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
BishopMcQ
SORRY!!! I don't know where my head has been....I'll go back and adjust...
Medesha
S'ok, I just wanted to make sure I understood everything before I made a post. smile.gif
WinterRat1
By the way everyone, I'm assuming we're all friends, or at least have a fairly good relationship, so Nameless is just joking with the girls. Steel and he go way back, and from what I gather, Ibils and [B]Moe are pretty easygoing, friendly types, and are up for a good time. So I didn't think anyone would have a problem with him joking with them. Just trying to add character and flavor. Hope no one's bothered by that. Just let me know if there's a problem.
BishopMcQ
Can't speak for everyone else, but I don't have any problems...Jake just had to give you a hard time about it.
Buddha72
Because you're already a friend you're golden. biggrin.gif Strangers get shot in the head for stuff like that but Nameless is family and thus allowed to play. grinbig.gif
WinterRat1
Yay! Oh goody gumdrops! biggrin.gif
Joker9125
Can someoen tell which book neurostun grenades are in? I might not have it if this is the case im gonna have to have someone give me thae aval and stats on them.

To speed things up im just gonna post my etiquitte roll

Calling My fixer Earl
Etiquitte/Street 2/4

17 04 02 02

Lucky roll. Im using the NSRCG SRDICE program
Medesha
So sorry! I totally forgot to tell y'all I was going to Origins this weekend. I just got back, please forgive my absence.

Fenris, you want some kinda roll of some kind for talking to Vinnie?

P.S. Origins was awesome! smile.gif But the "So you want to be a runner" game was full when I tried to sign up. frown.gif
Fenris
Medesha - Gimme an etiquette roll, please.
Buddha72
Hey All -

Just started a summer job so M-F I will be only able to post in the evenings. Forgive me!! frown.gif
Fenris
Everyone take another point of karma. And I just started a new job as well, on the late shift, so well, so I'll be posting in the morning and early afternoon.
Medesha
Etiquette roll: [4] [4] [15]

(Also, Origins rocked!)
Medesha
*applauds WinterRat1* Awesome, awesome story! Highly entertaining! I demand you write more!
Blitz
Forgive my lack of interaction, I have been very busy with MY new job, and I was DEATHLY Ill all last week.

I'll try to get back into it, but Im working 13 hour days for the next few days so bare with me.
WinterRat1
Blitz, glad to have you back! Hope you're feeling better, and the job chills out for you soon. Take care girl! smile.gif

Medesha, Medesha. *applauds Medesha*. That was fantastic! I demand you write more! I seriously cannot wait to see the next installment, where they go to get her stuff, I'm sure it'll be very entertaining. Plus, that will lead into my story; not the next installment, but the one after. So while I'm posting part 2, post part 3 of yours. I can't wait to see it!

I'd like to echo that for McQuillan and Buddha. I'm very, very curious to watch their saga unfold, and I want to see what 'music' Iblis is facing upon her return. There's just way too many good stories to be told.

And for those who haven't posted...please do! I'm very curious to see your stories unfold for us. That is seriously my favorite thread to read, and I'd love to read more! Keep them coming!
Joker9125
QUOTE (Joker9125)
Can someoen tell which book neurostun grenades are in? I might not have it if this is the case im gonna have to have someone give me thae aval and stats on them.

To speed things up im just gonna post my etiquitte roll

Calling My fixer Earl
Etiquitte/Street 2/4

17 04 02 02

Lucky roll. Im using the NSRCG SRDICE program

I really need someone to give me a page number or the stats for these grenades or im not going to be able to buy them.
BishopMcQ
BBB p. 283 Avail 8/4 days

looksa like the shipment won't get here until after the fact.
WinterRat1
Fenris,

How many disguise rolls do you want me to make? One per person? And can I make more than one roll per person? how much time will each disguise take vs. how much we actually have? Are there any modifiers I should ake into account?
Fenris
The only modifiers that might be a consideration would be light, which you can't take into account right now. One and only one roll per person, open test, with the highest being the perception test to see through the disguise. It will take one hour for each disguise (remember, nothing but insignia to work with, no uniforms or costumes.)

Also, if nobody needs to do anything right this very minute, I'll bump things ahead to get through contacts and purchases.
Buddha72
Tomorrow night can we do the satellite hack? It might go faster if we schedule some face to face time that night after I get off work. That will bump my stuff forward.
WinterRat1
How do complementary skills work for an open test? Specifically, I have Disguise background of 3. What are the mechanics?
Fenris
Your choice. You can either roll half the dice and any success is a success, or you can roll all the dice and half the successes count.
WinterRat1
OK, I opted to take half the complimentary skill (rounding down) giving me a total of Disguise 6. Here are the open test results. The highest roll will be first, and in bold.

Nameless: 23 03 01 04 01 03 (I SWEAR I rolled the 23 on my first time, straight up. Honest!)

Steel: 17 01 05 05 02 02

Iblis: 05 01 02 02 03 05 (Sorry Ibs! frown.gif )

Jake: 15 03 05 02 03 03

Moe: 14 05 02 01 01 03

Diesel: 04 01 01 01 02 02 (Sorry Diesel, that one REALLY sucked)

Loki: 05 05 01 01 03 04

Um, Fenris, I know the super high numbers look sorta shady, especially cause it's an open test...but I am dead honest that's one roll per team member, straight up. Just admitting they could look shady, but I wouldn't cheat. Can't say anything more than that.

On the upside, some of you got REALLY good disguises. biggrin.gif
Joker9125
Its ok what are they gonna do shoot me?

Ohh wait.........................yes thats exactly what they are going to do. Well at least I designed him to shake off tank fire.
WinterRat1
Hey, that's why I didn't feel too bad about yours. I figured you could take it. wink.gif
BishopMcQ
Umm....who's Dragon??

Dragon walks over to Jake while he's waiting for the coffee.
WinterRat1
ACK!!! eek.gif Too many games, mixed up characters! Doh! It's Nameless. My bad, I'll go fix it.
Buddha72
Hi all -

Fenris and I did the matrix run this morning and I am ready to post it but I am going to wait for the time jump to 3 am and give Medesha time to bring back the marker info so we can figure out if we still want to blackmail the 2nd mate on the ship.

OOC things I did to the boat: Bugged the GPS system so they will be off the main shipping lines when we hit the boat, tinkered with the cameras so they loop a static image during the time window for the run, created a new superuser for the boat security system and when it goes live it will invalidate their codes (they have a few doors with security on them - armory, infirmary, engine room, bridge, Capt and Officers quarters), tinkered with the internal and external comms so they appear to be working when they are not. biggrin.gif So no calling for help or coordinating their actions, and then I just need the call whether we want to force the 2nd Mate to help us but will wait for that to play in IC.

Biggest reason I posted was so that no one was waiting for me and I didn't lag the thread.
Fenris
Winter - Don't sweat the rolls, I'm not worried about you scoring well on your disguise tests wink.gif

If anyone's got anything to do in the next day in game time, please post. Otherwise, to keep up with calls to contacts, runs by fixer's offices', and decking requirements, I'll be bumping the post from Monday afternoon to early Tuesday morning.
BishopMcQ
My stuff is based on what info we gather from the marker. When we get that, I intended on sending Nameless and Loki off to scope out the family of the 2nd mate, presuming he has one locally, and gather a little bit of weight when we lean on him.
WinterRat1
Ready to roll whenever you give the word bossman.
Medesha
I assumed we'd do the marker stuff off-screen; unless you want to roleplay Steel driving to Vinnie's and so forth?
Blitz
So sorry...I'm sorta back now. Will try to maintain a post a day! (soooo much overtime!)
BishopMcQ
Fenris--Can you do a partial bump, with Steel coming back with the info and then after Nameless and Loki get their recon do a full bump to the end of hacking the ship? Or can you let us know what tests we need to make, that way people can pre-roll and you can lay it out for us all cinematic and stuff?

Thanks!
Fenris
Bumptastic, baby. And don't forget 1 point of Good Karma all the way around.
BishopMcQ
Medesha--If you give Vinnie a call for the grenades, Etiquette test TN- 8 before modifiers, and you need at least 3 successes to get it in time.

Fenris--Does our karma pool refresh every scene change? If we use the karma during the legwork will it be available during the ship attack?
Medesha
Etiquette Test:

[9] [9] [1]

Heh, I wasn't expecting to make it with only 3 dice, hence my IC post. I did amazingly well, actually, but that still looks like a failure...
BishopMcQ
Maybe...that'll bring them to us in 2 days...I have to check our time table.
WinterRat1
Hey do you guys want me to try for them? I have etiquette 5 and some contacts who might help. If we want them that much I can give it a shot.
BishopMcQ
Go for it.
WinterRat1
Etiquette Test: 09 04 05 02 01

No joy. Not even as good as Steel's. May as well stick with Steel's then.
Buddha72
What exactly are you wanting me to find out about the LTG for the marker we got from Vinnie? Let me know and Fenris will do the matrix run with me to night so I can get the results up ASAP for you all.
BishopMcQ
What the address is for mainly--Is it his bookie, a virtual whorehouse, etc. I'm trying to gather as much detail as possible before we place the call to the 2nd mate.
Fenris
I can tell you that...the LTG number is his personal contact number. They assumed you'd want to get ahold of the gentleman.

BishopMcQ
Simple enough, I just wanted to cover our bases.
BishopMcQ
Intimidation:

04 19 03 05 11 02

No social modifiers applied.
Blitz
*waits patiently*
WinterRat1
Perception Roll

05 05 04 03 02 01
Fenris
Winter - The coveralls probably have something to do with finding him if he goes overboard, and under that he looks dressed for cold weather. Heavy sweater, hat, that sort of thing.
WinterRat1
Gotcha. I will make adjustments accordingly to the disguises.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012