Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frequently Unanswered Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Not of this World
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 17 2008, 11:39 PM) *
Personally, I'd be more interested in what became of Tir na nOg (or rather, how much they choose to trample and destroy it in 4). But yes. Preferrably a myths of Europe book covering al the mysticalaspects of the continent, from prague's shedim trap church to the Bretagne fog to the Tirs (including Pomorya)

And now for an OT question:
- If the Heavenherds are Thera, Tir Taingire is Sereatha, and Tir na nOg is Blood Forest, would Pomorya be Shosara? Or would that rather be Trans-Latvia?

How about are TnO founders reincarnating elves (i.e. Imago or TnO) or immortal elves?

Why are Sean Laverty and Lugh of the Surehand (both Irish elves) in TT instead of TnO?

Are there any Immortal Vampires or Nosferatu (or other infected) from the 4th age?

What is Alachia's real standing (not in her own words) among the Irish elves?

What are those Egyptians form T:AL up to?

Which was the 3rd Great Dragon to help create Amazonia?

Is Howlying Coyote REALLY dead? (read the description carefully)

Why would Lugh run from the Ghosts, if he could train the Bratach Gheal to be as effective as they are?

What is Urdli up to these days?

Why doesn't Dodger and Megaera get more support from Laverty or any of the other Princes?

What are the Ghost Dancers up to these days? does anyone lead them?
CanRay
How much wood can an AWAKENED Woodchuck chuck?
Cyntax
QUOTE (BookWyrm @ Jun 15 2008, 09:51 PM) *
Just what are NERPS made of? (25 Karma to the one who actually gets the film reference I'm thinking of.)

How fast would a para-woodchuck chuck you if you put your hand near it's mouth?

If you shoot a corp-guard & there's no-one around, does it still count?

Will there ever be transformable drones? (an actual question posed to me by another player)

Can a character have a relationship with a vampire in-game & remain uninfected?

Soylent Green?
HeavyMetalYeti
Will anyone answer these questions before 2070 RL?
CanRay
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Aug 17 2008, 06:19 PM) *
Will anyone answer these questions before 2070 RL?

Apparently, someone is keeping track of all of these. nyahnyah.gif
Ryu
How about are TnO founders reincarnating elves (i.e. Imago or TnO) or immortal elves?

- Immortals hiding behind the concept of reincarnation. Big D´s will offers a price for full disclosure to Tno or TT, first come first served.

Are there any Immortal Vampires or Nosferatu (or other infected) from the 4th age?

- Possible, but not established AFAIK.

- She is the queen´s mother, and a long-time queen. Good or not? Depends on the faction.

Which was the 3rd Great Dragon to help create Amazonia?

- AniH gives the top-spot to Mujaji, my own was for some reason Arleesh.

- Those who are still alive are part of the NAN shaman caste.

Q: "Look for the one who howls under a moonless sky" = Thais??? (Threats on Alamos20k)
Not of this World
QUOTE (Ryu @ Aug 17 2008, 11:21 PM) *

- Immortals hiding behind the concept of reincarnation. Big D´s will offers a price for full disclosure to Tno or TT, first come first served.

How does Dunk's offer of disclosure make them Immortal Elves? and which ones are the Immortals of the known rulers holding positions?

- She is the queen´s mother, and a long-time queen. Good or not? Depends on the faction.

Alachia has claimed a lot of things, some of which are demonstrably true some of which are demonstrably false. Regardless of parentage, what is her status there?

- Those who are still alive are part of the NAN shaman caste.

We know who they are, but what are they doing? They have the power to bring down governments, destroy nations, and make Dragons , Totem spirits, and IEs fear their magic power... so what are they doing?
NightmareX
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 17 2008, 10:57 AM) *
Striper is in "Runner's Companion".

What section? (still working on it)

Kham is in "Runner's Havens".

His kids yes. I don't recall Kham himself though.
Ryu
QUOTE (Not of this World @ Aug 18 2008, 08:36 AM) *
How does Dunk's offer of disclosure make them Immortal Elves? and which ones are the Immortals of the known rulers holding positions?

Alachia has claimed a lot of things, some of which are demonstrably true some of which are demonstrably false. Regardless of parentage, what is her status there?

We know who they are, but what are they doing? They have the power to bring down governments, destroy nations, and make Dragons , Totem spirits, and IEs fear their magic power... so what are they doing?

Dunk´s offer is just a play on that fact. They are immortal because some of them are already around in Earthdawn, see Aina from Worlds without End. Reincarnation is a special angle that is true for the true love of Serrin, Kristin (name?), for very romantic reasons.

Alachia was the queen of Blood Wood in ED. She is the mother of Lady Brane Deigh (spelling?), Worlds without End again.

The ghost dancers disbanded into the NAN. Those who survived. The lower ranks where used for their life´s power, the higher ups where politicians anyway.
Umbra
I always figured that Griffins were the awakened version of the Duck Billed Platypus.

- Umbra
MYST1C
QUOTE (hermit @ Jun 17 2008, 11:18 PM) *
It's been referred to in DidS and DidS 2. Whether it's also made it's way into Germany SB is something I don't know.

Actually, IIRC the sub-Rhine-area dwarf kingdom was first mentioned in Alper's abysmal SR novels - its only appearance in an actual sourcebook is in DidS2. And there it is explained as a somewhat cult-ish medieval/fantasy LARP community...
treehugger
- What or who sent that enigmatic message to Fastjack on the day of Awakening ?
- What happened in Tunguska ? Who's that spirit rulling Yakut ?
- What is that "Project Infinity" ?
Ryu
QUOTE (Umbra @ Aug 18 2008, 09:54 AM) *
I always figured that Griffins were the awakened version of the Duck Billed Platypus.

- Umbra

In the way that western dragons are awakened crocodiles, yes.
CanRay
QUOTE (NightmareX @ Aug 18 2008, 02:16 AM) *
What section? (still working on it)

That should be self-evident. nyahnyah.gif

QUOTE (NightmareX @ Aug 18 2008, 02:16 AM) *
His kids yes. I don't recall Kham himself though.

He is mentioned as well in the same place. Read carefully.
Not of this World
QUOTE (Ryu @ Aug 18 2008, 12:19 AM) *
Dunk´s offer is just a play on that fact. They are immortal because some of them are already around in Earthdawn, see Aina from Worlds without End. Reincarnation is a special angle that is true for the true love of Serrin, Kristin (name?), for very romantic reasons.

Alachia was the queen of Blood Wood in ED. She is the mother of Lady Brane Deigh (spelling?), Worlds without End again.

The ghost dancers disbanded into the NAN. Those who survived. The lower ranks where used for their life´s power, the higher ups where politicians anyway.

Have you read TnO? It isn't heavy on the ED connections and you'll see a lot about elves reincarnating from a prior age.

Read World Without End closer, Aina specifically is not an Irish elf and not part of TnO. She doesn't want to be a part of anything Alachia is. But if you're sure they're all immortal elves, can you name them besides Alachia?
Ryu
Ancient Historys page on Immortals

Yes, I own TnO. The path of the wheel is spiritual, think hinduism. People believe in reincarnation. Speaking in ED terms, you are creating one giant group pattern for the followers of your path. The only reference for true reincarnation I recall is Black Madonna?, where one elven spirit is condemned to die and be reborn until it fulfills destiny.
hermit
Nosferatu '55 too, where Serrin and that south african girl meet and find they're spirits kept apart again and again but in eternal love.
Not of this World
QUOTE (Ryu @ Aug 18 2008, 10:10 AM) *
Ancient Historys page on Immortals

Yes, I own TnO. The path of the wheel is spiritual, think hinduism. People believe in reincarnation. Speaking in ED terms, you are creating one giant group pattern for the followers of your path. The only reference for true reincarnation I recall is Black Madonna?, where one elven spirit is condemned to die and be reborn until it fulfills destiny.

You should read Ancient History's site and count how many of them are Irish elves involved with the government of TnO.

It isn't that they don't exist, we have two Irish elves in TT so surely there should be a bunch in actual Tno?

Until we know who the leaders of TnO actually are, like names and some history it is premature to say they're IEs or something else.

The adventure Imago also is heavily based on reincarnation though not specifically on the Ways and Paths.

Furthermore I need to correct a misconception on the Great Ghost Dance. They're not all Shamans, a shaman only needs to lead the dance but mundanes can fuel the dance. This is from the novel "Find your own Truth" by Robert N. Charrette.
NightmareX
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 18 2008, 09:08 AM) *

He is mentioned as well in the same place. Read carefully.

Guess I'll have to take another look in both cases grinbig.gif
Cain

The Ghost dancers themselves aren't that important. Basically, the Great Ghost Dance is a massively powerful blood magic ritual, with Drain measured in the number of people who died. Who's in the dance isn't important. What matters is who knows the ritual, and can convince enough people to join in to give the dance its power. Daniel Howling Coyote was one of these figures, and he fell in the original trilogy to defeat Spider. Other major figures are scattered all over the place in the various books; it all just boils down to political power. Those are the figures you should be watching: the ones who have the knowledge and influence to call together another Great Ghost Dance. They didn't have to be original participants.
Not of this World
QUOTE (Cain @ Aug 18 2008, 10:32 PM) *
Other major figures are scattered all over the place in the various books; it all just boils down to political power. Those are the figures you should be watching: the ones who have the knowledge and influence to call together another Great Ghost Dance. They didn't have to be original participants.

Exactly, and what are they doing? They're sitting on a lot of power when they decide it is worth giving their lives for.
kzt
QUOTE (Not of this World @ Aug 19 2008, 12:16 AM) *
Exactly, and what are they doing? They're sitting on a lot of power when they decide it is worth giving their lives for.

Their lives? Hardly.
Cain
QUOTE (Not of this World @ Aug 19 2008, 12:16 AM) *

Don't have any specifics, but I'd wager that most of the figures who have that kind of power are already listed somehwere as leaders of the various NAN nations and factions. That's what they're doing.
NightmareX
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 18 2008, 09:08 AM) *

Well, I didn't note anything about Striper specifically in the shapeshifter or shifters of note sections...

Found the Kham reference though (no wonder I forgot it).
CanRay
QUOTE (NightmareX @ Aug 18 2008, 11:52 PM) *
Guess I'll have to take another look in both cases grinbig.gif

Well, I didn't note anything about Striper specifically in the shapeshifter or shifters of note sections...

A hint, read carefully the sidebars, and realize that she's probably not using that name any longer.
NightmareX
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 19 2008, 07:46 AM) *
A hint, read carefully the sidebars, and realize that she's probably not using that name any longer.

[ Spoiler ]

Thank you *bows*
CanRay
I suggest we poke Ancient History numerous times with pointy sticks until we're told the truth.

Or take away the Cyberdeck until told. nyahnyah.gif
Matsci
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 19 2008, 03:52 PM) *
I suggest we poke Ancient History numerous times with pointy sticks until we're told the truth.

Or take away the Cyberdeck until told. nyahnyah.gif

But if we take away his deck, how will he answer questions?
otakusensei
Man has got a long memory, I'd hate him to remember not liking me.

Also, where is it said that the Zurich-Orbital habitat did a swan dive? As far as I could tell reading System Crash and SR4 it looks like it's fine.
Ancient History
My cyberdeck! Mine! Mineminemineminemine!

Anyway, something that might clear things up: Striper's cub was a male. Oh, and the Laughing Tiger has been on these forums before (I just like the name).
NightmareX
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 19 2008, 10:09 PM) *
My cyberdeck! Mine! Mineminemineminemine!

Anyway, something that might clear things up: Striper's cub was a male. Oh, and the Laughing Tiger has been on these forums before (I just like the name).

LOL

[ Spoiler ]

Ancient History
The female is definitely not her cub. smile.gif
DocTaotsu
I too am failing to recall where it says that the Corporate Court and ZO took a header through the atmosphere.

That'd be kinda big news I'd think. No CC? Wow... the power struggles would be most exceptional... and the run opportunities against anything that survived reentry...

*salivates*

The things you could learn.

NightmareX
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 19 2008, 11:58 PM) *
The female is definitely not her cub. smile.gif

Nice cyber.gif Thank you bro biggrin.gif

Wesley Street
QUOTE (otakusensei @ Aug 19 2008, 11:02 PM) *
Also, where is it said that the Zurich-Orbital habitat did a swan dive? As far as I could tell reading System Crash and SR4 it looks like it's fine.

You're right, the Z-O is still floating along in orbit. It sealed off its systems during the second Crash.
CanRay
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Aug 20 2008, 09:45 AM) *
You're right, the Z-O is still floating along in orbit. It sealed off its systems during the second Crash.

Z-O: "We could save the majority of the world population by warning them of what's happening, or we can save our own skins. Whose up for dying? Only the SysAdmin? Well, sucks to be you, you don't have a vote. Cut us off or take a swim out the airlock."

ShadowLand BBS: "We're a bunch of psycopathic mercenary bastards and admit it, but, damnit, we gotta save the world even if it costs us our own lives! LET INFORMATION BE FREE!!!"

Give me The Shadows any day of the week. It's most honest.
Wesley Street
Honest? Maybe, maybe not. But there's definitely a code. Check out the movie In Bruges for a great example.

Spoilers:
Ralf Fiennes hitman/fixer character swallows a bullet when he believes he's accidentally killed a child while attempting to dispatch a rogue employee. "You've gotta stick with your principles, mate." BAM! *splat*
Ryu
It is only more honest to save the world if you have been out to save the world in the first place. The consideration for the old geezers on ZO would have been "do I protect my corp or do I protect my life". And then saving ZO is also a sound decision, think of the data that one holds and the information loss of the first crash.
Sir_Psycho
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ Aug 20 2008, 12:22 PM) *
Honest? Maybe, maybe not. But there's definitely a code. Check out the movie In Bruges for a great example. Ralf Fiennes hitman/fixer character...

Dude, spoiler tags please?
Wesley Street
My apologies. It's been out in the US since February and has been on DVD since June. I didn't know you Aussies didn't get it until this month.

PS: Rosebud was the sled.
DocTaotsu
NOOooOoOooooo... ROSEBUD!!!!

Also:
King Kong dies.
Ancient History
FastJack has a daughter.

Seriously now, Fiennes' role wasn't a terrible spoiler of the movie. Any other questions on the notable critters? I could tell you about a couple of the ones that didn't make the cut to the final draft...
CanRay
Oooooooooooooooh! Is Harliquin training FastJack's Daughter as well?

And let's hear about the ones that got the chop!
Ancient History
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 22 2008, 12:18 AM) *
Oooooooooooooooh! Is Harliquin training FastJack's Daughter as well?

No. It was a joke.

And let's hear about the ones that got the chop!

Well, for one thing Prince Rex of Tir Tairngire was going to have a daughter Rexa. And an eight-legged Centaur changeling called Sleipnirssen was going to be raised as a semi-divine figure by Asartru cultists. Oh, and the very first Bandersnatch, still haunting the slopes of Mt. Hood.
CanRay
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Aug 21 2008, 06:27 PM) *

Username/Password request. frown.gif
Ancient History
Bugger. Forgot to change the address. Should work now.
Not of this World
Error 503 - Attempt at Humor failed "Login Incorrect"

Another spoiler, Harlequin is the father of Ehran's baby. eek.gif
CanRay

Works now! biggrin.gif

Well, for one thing Prince Rex of Tir Tairngire was going to have a daughter Rexa. And an eight-legged Centaur changeling called Sleipnirssen was going to be raised as a semi-divine figure by Asartru cultists. Oh, and the very first Bandersnatch, still haunting the slopes of Mt. Hood.

Funky! biggrin.gif

I like the 8-Legged Centaur! Actually was planning on having a Free Beast Spirit show up like that in my game. smile.gif
CanRay
So that's not actually FastJack's daughter?

*Confused*
Ancient History
[ Spoiler ]

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012