Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frequently Unanswered Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Phantom Gett @ Sep 9 2008, 06:03 PM) *
Dunno if this is the place, but what happened to Puck after Unwired. He seemingly dropped off Jackpoint and the matrix (as NetCat noted)...?

As I recall, he went to put his nose into business best left for dead. It stands to reason that he then was left for dead when the big uglies weren't as dead as initially reported.
Meriss
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 9 2008, 11:21 PM) *
So far, we haven't seen another "Double Tuesday", I hope...

What is a Double Tueday, for that matter.

What happened to Harlequin? Or am I just missing too many books?

What are/were the long term effects of the Great Ghost Dance?

What does magic really do to the environment?

And yes, what the hell is in those boxes?

QUOTE (Ancient History)
To the party who finds the bones of the dragon skeleton for which I possess the head, I offer two options. You may keep the bones, or turn them over to the Draco Foundation for a reward. All discoveries must be independently verified as dragon bones, such identification to be made by any living dragon. The Draco Foundation will assemble all pieces of the skeleton it receives and display the result in the Smithsonian Institution for the edification of the general public. My admittedly incomplete research indicates the following coordinates as likely locations for dragon bones: Latitude 41�, Longitude 121�; Latitude 41� 50n, Longitude 87� 45w; Latitude 47� 21n, Longitude 122� 12w; Latitude 19� 24n, Longitude 99� 9w; Latitude 65�, Longitude 130�; Latitude 39� 44n, Longitude 104� 59w.

Were these bones ever found? And who the heck were they?

What is Ghostwalker's deal, really?
Cain
QUOTE (Meriss @ Sep 9 2008, 10:15 PM) *

Were these bones ever found? And who the heck were they?

I don't know about Double Tuesday, or the bones. But some of your questions can be answered by reading Harlequin's Back. Harlequin himself was last seen living at Chateau D'If, on the southern coast of France, with Jane Foster/Frosty. He was also involved with a rebel group in Tir Tairngire, called the Rebels of the Crying Spire. Their exact fate after the fall of the Council of Princes is unknown.

Ghostwalker is most likely Icewing, from Earthdawn.
Ryu
- A Tuesday that has two American states holding elections, if this member of Old Europe understands.

- Last info I know he´s hunting The Enemy. Can´t wait for SR4 fluff here.

- It must have been one hell of a mana spike, bringing The Enemy closer.

- Slept through Manaphysics 101, did you?

- No idea.

- Spirits / Respect / Power.
Interesting tidbit: The dead Watergate Rift - victim (Street Magic p.116). Four runes, "Birth", "Death", "Transformation (translation?)", one unknown.
Stahlseele
Latitude 41�, Longitude 121�; Latitude 41� 50n, Longitude 87� 45w; Latitude 47� 21n, Longitude 122� 12w; Latitude 19� 24n, Longitude 99� 9w; Latitude 65�, Longitude 130�; Latitude 39� 44n, Longitude 104� 59w.

better question:
how the hell did they get spread over such a great distance?

and yes, i too, want to know:
what the frag is up with those boxes?
i think i read somehwere(probably somewhere of these whereabouts) that those who were mentioned by name had something to do with shadowrun, or won something . .
Cain
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 10 2008, 01:37 AM) *
i think i read somehwere(probably somewhere of these whereabouts) that those who were mentioned by name had something to do with shadowrun, or won something . .

IIRC, the people in Dunk's will who got "a token of my esteem" were the ones who sent back the surveys in the Super Tuesday module.
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Sep 10 2008, 04:37 AM) *
better question:
how the hell did they get spread over such a great distance?

Nothing says they're scattered across each of those sites. Those are just some of the possible sites Dunkelzahn thought the bones might be located; probably lairs the anonymous dragon maintained prior to its death.
Athanatos
Doesn't the Dragons pdf mention something about how Dunkelzahn(mountainshadow) and GhostWalker(Ice Wing, Doll-maker) didn't follow the usual rule about incinerating their mothers body? Maybe it's All-Wings?

Might I add that GhostWalker is affirmed as Ice Wing by several IE's and GD's as being Doll Maker which is Ice Wing.

As for the above, it might be Denestartes or whatever. I'd like to find his bones so I could finally piss on his grave too lol devil.gif
Nath
From the top of my head...

Was there something more behind the four kills of 2016 (Presidents of USA and Russia and PM of UK and Israel)
Who planned and what happened exactly on the "Nightwraith Night" ? (actually, I made up my own version for that one, so any answer would probably disapoint me)
What happened to the Tereshkova mission on its way home (heck, I almost started that one, I'm the one who picked up the Tereshkova name...)
What happened to Nadja Daviar during the Second Crash ? Who gave the order to kill Haeffner ? Who was POTUCAS between 2065 and 2070 ?
Why did I not get as much recognition in the community for my work on corps than Ancient History got for his work on awakening topics ? wink.gif
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Nath @ Sep 10 2008, 08:36 PM) *
Why did I not get as much recognition in the community for my work on corps than Ancient History got for his work on awakening topics ? wink.gif

I'm sorry, who are you again?

no hurt!
Phantom Gett
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 9 2008, 11:46 PM) *
As I recall, he went to put his nose into business best left for dead. It stands to reason that he then was left for dead when the big uglies weren't as dead as initially reported.

Thanks, Although now I'm curious as to what happened/what is happening to the poor guy. Seems like Puck's been through quite a bit. Oh, Is he a Technomancer. He said he was an Otaku, and as per System Failure, he was AT the Boston Stock Exchange when the crash hit, or activated the Worm Egg. Puck wanted to let "old ghosts lie" (I assumed his involvement with Pax and the Crash) Maybe thats what he's checking up on?
Ancient History
QUOTE (Nath @ Sep 10 2008, 09:36 PM) *

The only thing I can figure is that either I'm prettier, or the silent m was the source of your powers. nyahnyah.gif
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Phantom Gett @ Sep 10 2008, 04:17 PM) *
Thanks, Although now I'm curious as to what happened/what is happening to the poor guy. Seems like Puck's been through quite a bit. Oh, Is he a Technomancer. He said he was an Otaku, and as per System Failure, he was AT the Boston Stock Exchange when the crash hit, or activated the Worm Egg. Puck wanted to let "old ghosts lie" (I assumed his involvement with Pax and the Crash) Maybe thats what he's checking up on?

Unwired 164 pretty strongly suggests that Puck found something about Ex Pacis, and with them maybe Pax. He snooped and hasn't been heard from since. I read that as him being unable to let old ghosts lie and became a ghost himself for the trouble. Who knows, maybe Clockwork figured if he couldn't get NetCat, he'd take Puck as a consolation prize...
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Phantom Gett @ Sep 10 2008, 07:17 PM) *
Thanks, Although now I'm curious as to what happened/what is happening to the poor guy. Seems like Puck's been through quite a bit. Oh, Is he a Technomancer.

The closest answer to this would be found in the shadowtalk comments. In Emergence, Clockwork pokes at Puck for losing his Otaku abilities.

> And why the hell not? Puck’s playing coy because back in the day he ran with the wrong crowd. Used to be an otaku himself if I heard right. Lost the touch, huh? Must be a bitch to have to work the Matrix the old-fashioned way.
> Clockwork
> Fuck off, Clockwork. Let old ghosts lie.
> Puck

But, in Unwired, pg 21, Netcat has a slightly different opinion, and Puck himself offers some interesting insights on both sprites and TMs:

> That kind of paranoia gets real expensive, real quick.
> Netcat
> So says the lady who doesn’t need programs.
> Puck
> Puck, you ever heard the one about the pot and the kettle?
> Netcat

And again on 134:

> This is an exaggeration. Thousands of technomancers live unmolested normal lives—especially if they remain discreet. Many thousands more have embraced what they are and sold themselves into corporate service. If you believe that there are no technomancer spiders, you are quite mistaken.
> Puck

Sooo... does that give you food for thought? biggrin.gif

Wakshaani
IMHO, Puck *was* an Otaku, now ISN'T, and has to do it with programs, aka, "The old fashioned way" but is still bitter about his loss. And rightfully so!

So, he understands-ish Technomancers, but isn't part of that world anymore.

Which probably tears him up.
BishopMcQ
the question no one has asked, and probably doesn't want to know:

If Slamm-o and NetCat end up together and have a kid, will \dev\grrl\ do the babysitting while they are on the job? For that matter, who babysat Slamm-o while his parents were out shadowrunning? You can't really call a service...

If not \dev\grrl\, can you picture anyone else from jackpoint babysitting? Black Mamba would probably shoot the baby the first time it cried, (for its own good, of course)...others would have a slew of varying reactions.
Wakshaani
Slamm-o is the kid of two Shadowrunners, right?

Do we *know* who his parents were?
CanRay
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 11 2008, 01:59 AM) *

If Slamm-o and NetCat end up together and have a kid, will \dev\grrl\ do the babysitting while they are on the job? For that matter, who babysat Slamm-o while his parents were out shadowrunning? You can't really call a service...

If not \dev\grrl\, can you picture anyone else from jackpoint babysitting? Black Mamba would probably shoot the baby the first time it cried, (for its own good, of course)...others would have a slew of varying reactions.

FastJack, who else?

> Oh FRAG but I'm too old for this. I didn't have kids on my own for a good reason you know! ... Uncle Jack is going to spoil you rotten. Yes he is, YES he is!!! You'll have the sweetest system, the hottest programs, the sharpest IC cutters...
> FastJack
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Wakshaani @ Sep 11 2008, 08:52 AM) *
Slamm-o is the kid of two Shadowrunners, right?

Do we *know* who his parents were?

Brickbat and Fury? Wasn't that their handles? Must have been fun times on "Bring your parent to school days"...
DocTaotsu
Raised by Fastjack? That's as overpowered as "Raised by dragons" but about 12 kinds of awesome.
CanRay
Not raised by FastJack, but tutored by FastJack.

And I figure it'd be something akin to a Digital version of those "Kung Fu" training horrorshows you see in the movies from Asia. vegm.gif

"Can I stop now, Uncle Jack... My nose is still bleeding after that last Black IC attack." "No, now you hack Evo and then we can stop for lunch. Fried Chicken for me, plain rice for you."
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 11 2008, 01:59 AM) *

Well, you know, Slamm-0!'s turns 29 in 2071. I'm sure his parents are starting to really lay on the pressure for grandkids by now... (hmmm... the first JackPoint baby... hmmm)

edited for AH. nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
That's assuming that Slamm-0 and NetCat even get to the first date. He seems to have completely disgusted her.

I blame the toaster crack.
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 11 2008, 07:59 AM) *
For that matter, who babysat Slamm-o while his parents were out shadowrunning? You can't really call a service...

There's a reason duct tape should be on every runners equipment list.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Nath @ Sep 10 2008, 10:36 PM) *
From the top of my head...

answer: http://ancientfiles.dumpshock.com
also: compare your post-count to his.
he actively talks to just about everybody about just about everything . . and he bloody knows just about anything else too @.@
the first point is really worth much i'd say . . also, quick-witted and funny guy all around, especially his writing style is quite humorous ^^
(yes, i'm an AH-Fanboy, why do you ask?*g*)

QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 11 2008, 08:59 AM) *

(Grand)Mom off the Run?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (ravensmuse)
Did we ever find out where the Crash Virus originated from? I still lay odds on it having germinated on the Wal-Mart computer network (Second largest in the world behind the Department of Defense, largest company in the world until the Resource Rush, income in 2000 as great as a 2055 Megacorp, utterly *vanished* after the Crash hit... all the parts are there.)

Yes we did. Dragon Heart Trilogy, the 3rd one IIRC.
[ Spoiler ]

QUOTE (treehugger)
What is that "Project Infinity"

This one I'm having a bit of trouble remembering.
[ Spoiler ]
Ancient History
Actually, Project Infinity first showed up in Shadowtech and is tied to KAM, find her posts to find out more about it. smile.gif
Ryu
"You are way too young to have a daughter that age", IIRC.
It trolls!
Has Damien Knight considered retirement yet? And Richard Villiers? By now they should (at least) be in their 60s and I can't imagine them jumping into a tank for Léonization for 3+ months because they fear a possible takeover by someone else. Both have got enough enemies in their own boardrooms for it to happen.
CanRay
DataJacks, man. Jump in a tank, sure, but you're still at all the meetings!

And keeping an eye on things very, very closely!

"And you get to be in the happy place the doctors give you with the fluffy bunnies that you get to RIP AND MAIM AND DESTROY!!!" - "Money" Johnson, remembering being in the tank for almost 9 months.
It trolls!
And you're in one place for 3+ months, giving assassins enough time to locate the hospital you're in and arrange an "accident".

They're rich and powerful people and I doubt they got there by being incautious and trusting wink.gif
CanRay
And they're far away from fools. I'm sure there're in five+ different High-Security Locations during the treatment at the same time.

Or, alternatively, there's a Corporate Court Law about wacking CEOs while they're in treatments like this, pushed forward by... Um...

Well, let's see... The only person that doesn't need that service would be Lofwyr...

Everyone but S-K.
otakusensei
Of course S-K would back a "No Cheap Kills" for CEOs ruling. Dealing with a brief species like humanity must be tiring when we keep dying off all the time. Better to keep your chosen enemies in place as long as they'll last. Besides, letting them live with thought that you might be concerned for your own safety will only make them more resourceful, i.e. useful.

Course he wouldn't be the first dragon to think like that, just the first to head such a large company. Humans have about a good a shot of understanding draconian politics as we do draconian magic.
CanRay
I understand Draconic Magic.

It goes "ZAP!"

I go "SIZZLE!"

Just like regular magic. nyahnyah.gif
Cain
QUOTE (It trolls! @ Sep 12 2008, 01:31 AM) *
And you're in one place for 3+ months, giving assassins enough time to locate the hospital you're in and arrange an "accident".

They're rich and powerful people and I doubt they got there by being incautious and trusting ;)

Oh, come on now. Roxborough has been in a tank for *decades*, and no one's succeeded in offing him yet.
Ancient History
As I recall, Knight has been using Leonization treatments for years.
[ Spoiler ]
PlatonicPimp
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Sep 11 2008, 07:59 AM) *
For that matter, who babysat Slamm-o while his parents were out shadowrunning? You can't really call a service...

I think you certainly could call a service, but it would have to be a service from an ancestor spirit.
CanRay
QUOTE (PlatonicPimp @ Sep 12 2008, 02:38 PM) *
I think you certainly could call a service, but it would have to be a service from an ancestor spirit.

Or a Guardian Spirit.

Or a Spirit of Man.

Spirit of Man, there you go! Best babysitter you can ask for is your own Hearth Spirit!
The ubbergeek
On IE and immortality...

I remember, long ago (gone on the old, old forum that was erased for this one?) a discusion and speculation that while elves are the most predisposed (well....) to have that 'immortality gene', there was possibilities that the *others* metahumans could also have it...

So, immortal orc/troll/human/dwarf, is that canon possible, unsure or impossible? Is there actualy any example?

(sorry if I have missed a post on this before in the long thread, or any other..)
Cain
QUOTE (The ubbergeek @ Sep 21 2008, 02:11 PM) *
On IE and immortality...

I remember, long ago (gone on the old, old forum that was erased for this one?) a discusion and speculation that while elves are the most predisposed (well....) to have that 'immortality gene', there was possibilities that the *others* metahumans could also have it...

So, immortal orc/troll/human/dwarf, is that canon possible, unsure or impossible? Is there actualy any example?

(sorry if I have missed a post on this before in the long thread, or any other..)

I vaugely recall some short story, only published on the web by one of the original authors, that dealt with an immortal orc and dwarf. I could be off on this one, however.
CanRay
QUOTE (Cain @ Sep 21 2008, 07:32 PM) *
I vaugely recall some short story, only published on the web by one of the original authors, that dealt with an immortal orc and dwarf. I could be off on this one, however.

That was a pair of disguises.
knasser
QUOTE (Clyde @ Jun 17 2008, 04:05 AM) *
Where are the snowdens of yesteryear???

No fair. That was the question that nobody could answer.

Heh! I should do a run with Milo Minderbinder as the Johnson. biggrin.gif
Ryu
One possible answer might be: Wandering on the path of the north again.
Cain
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 22 2008, 08:06 AM) *
That was a pair of disguises.

[ Spoiler ]

I could have sworn I read something about an immortal ork. Other than that story, that is. Buggered if I can remember where, though.
Ancient History
Post Mortem by Tom Dowd
hermit
- Is Alachia Hecate? Or would that be Aina?
- Is Alachia Sheila Blavatska?
- Does Alachia suffer from Multiple Personality disorder or is she just a plain Sociopath?

- Is Brane Deigh a reincarnation, an immortal, or a reincarnated Pathwalker who chose to become an immortal (and thus, forsake Nirwana)?

- What happened in Tir Taingire that made Lugh Surehand topple? He always seemed the most in control and sane of the immortals.

- Has 'Summer Blossom' dealt with the suspected Despoiler who was rampaging around Russia/Ukraine (Crimean Region) in SoA?

- Is the Quicksilver mentioned in Emergence the same e-Ghost encountered in Imago?

- What became of the Saga Yagan (sic), the rebels in Yakut?

- Is the Frosty who passionately posts in 4th Edition Sourcebooks really Jane Foster? If so, which Horrors do keep Harley from posting on JackPoint?

- What are the Yama Kings?

- Is there a new Bridge Horror Realm - Aberdeen?

- Who is Man-Of-Many-Names?

- What happened to the Spirit of Denver in 4th?

- Was Winternight really led/inspired by a Horror?

- Who/What is the Consensus? Is there any dirt behind Horizon, or is that company really the worst Mary Sue in the SR universe?

- Speaking of Mary Sues, what became of Thais? did the Naga Kingdom already collapse or do his powers take longer to work on Naga?

- Who was/is the Mayan Cutter?

- If Resonance is a type of Magic, can there indeed be Matrix Horrors, as Alpha and Omega once sugested?

- Is Eqinox SR 40K?
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (hermit)
- Is the Quicksilver mentioned in Emergence the same e-Ghost encountered in Imago?

Where was that?
Matsci
What's Evo doing on Mars?

What did they find there?

hermit
Where was that?

p. 71, cont'd on 72.
The ubbergeek
- What are the Yama Kings?

Isn't that the wrong rpg, and more a WoD - Kindread of the East big bad NPC? Am I speaking through my hat?

- Who/What is the Consensus? Is there any dirt behind Horizon, or is that company really the worst Mary Sue in the SR universe?

They can manipulate medias, they have an Anonymous side... If that is not dirty enough...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012