Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Barrens II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
ludomastro
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:11am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle
Ghost

<@Val[Ghost]Shit. Hold on.>

Checking to make sure he is out of sight, Ghost drops the spell and pulls a new one over himself.

We're not going out in this are we?

What's the matter?

It sucks. Try again.

Ghost drops his second attempt to try for a third.

That'll do.

Ghost slides the energies of the recently cast spell into the sustaining focus to keep himself covered.

Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:11am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle
Val

Val crouched next to Ghost and watched as the spell dropped and then re appreared, he instantly thought of a chameleon shading in and out of its terrain. it was a sight to see. "this stuff isn't going to happen inside is it?" Val whispered next to ghost.
ludomastro
Ghost

Wouldn't it be fun if we dropped the spell when he wasn't ready?

That would be hilarious.

So drop it while he's face to face with one of the gangers.

That might get him killed.

And ... your point would be?

<@Val[Ghost] No worries. As long as I'm not getting my ass kicked, the spell will stay up. And really that's the point of casting it, so I don't get my ass kicked.>
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:13am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle

The spell recast, this time Ghost's form shimmers out of Val's sight. Looking down at the grass, he can see the subtle impression of Ghost's steps. Looking up again, he looks right through Ghost. The duo continue through several more yards, before reaching the house in question. It is a raised ranch style home with a two car garage. Those doors and the front door are closed. No one is around.
ludomastro
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:13am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle
Ghost

Ghost opens his Sight to the astral to see what he can gain from the house before entering.

<@Val[Ghost]I'm going to check out the Astral for a sec before we go in. Hold still.>
Saytr
Val

Val stands next to ghost and takes up a position so he can see the door and garage. <@Team[Val] "Athena you have what you need?"> Val looks down at what kind of lock is on the door and waits for Athena and Ghost to do thier thing.
Redjack

<<@Team [Athena] Scanning....>>

Ghost shifts his vision to the astral, scanning in a 360. The focus of maintaining two spells is incredible distracting causing him to double take several times, but he does not find anything out of the ordinary. Houses - grey and bland, trees & grass - vibrant and glowing, two people each covered by his spells - very bright.

<<@Team [Athena] Ok. I jumped from Ghost's com to Val's, then dropped the signal. I have about 13 nodes in range...... >>

<<@Team [Athena] Six responded to a passive request. Probably coms or vehicles. Maybe a high end home unit.>>

<<@Team [Athena] By the way, Val. Your com is damaged and is actually piggy backing on Ghost's to get signal. And Ghost: This custom OS you're running - Your response chip is underpowered for that. Nice com by the way..>>
Saytr
Val

Val regrets even making the deal with stump about the com, He needed one that actually worked though so it was worth the trade....maybe. <@Team[Val]"thank you for the tech assesment. Is there anything we can do to narrow the search to cut any kind of security to the house and to help you keep any distress calls going out.">
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:14am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle

<<@Team [Athena] Wireless is everywhere baby and without a directional jammer its gonna go everywhere. I can start hacking, though if I trip an alarm it will be the same as if you trip it... The jig will be up. Your call...>>
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:14am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle
Val

Val looks at the door, then to where ghost was assumed to be. <@Team[Val]"I guess in this area it wouldn't be to big a deal to trip any alarm, If we get into trouble i think we will just need a distraction">
ludomastro
Ghost

<@Team[Ghost] Perhaps then we should consider purposing tripping an alarm somewhere else if things go south. No need to call attention to ourselves at present.>
Redjack

<<@Team [Athena] Well, just let me know. I'll keep scanning. I'm also watching the vid from Val's smartgun.>>

The neighborhood is still quiet. For now, the duo appear to be undetected.
ludomastro
Ghost

<@Team[Ghost] Let's move out.>

I've always wanted to say that.

You sound stupid when you do.
Saytr
Val

Val tries the door to see if it is unlocked. trying to be a quit as possible to keep from anyone hearing them come in.
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:15am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle

Val slips up to the door, gently turning the knob and finding it unlocked. Ghost watches as his Russian teammate slips up on the door very professionally, as his instincts take over.
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:15am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle
Val

Val slips through the door and emmediatly looks for the Car to get the Gear they came for, moving as quietly and carefully putting his pistol and instead decides to use his fists if he comes across any trouble while invisible.
ludomastro
Ghost

Ghost does his best to glide like his namesake. Wary of dropping his spells, he is on the look out for animals and people who might be aware of them.
Redjack

Val slips in the front door and immediately finds a trio of gangers asleep on the floor of what appears to be a large living room, sans furniture. There is a door to the right and a stairwell leading up.
Saytr
Val

Val sees the trio and does his best to avoid them. using his subvocal mic to remain quit. <@Team[Val] "Heading right maybe through another room to the garage ok. Athena anything yet?">
Redjack

Ghost follows Val into the house, tripping as he does so. He's able to regain is footing but is neither completely silent, nor distracted enough to drop the spell. One of the gangers stirs, looking around. He appears unsure about what he heard.

<<@Team [Athena] I told you what I found. I can start hacking whenever you want.. If I set off an alarm though it will be messy for you... Just let me know...>>
Saytr
Val

Val stands still waiting for the ganger to either rise or go back to sleep, silently cursing the mages clumsiness.

<@Team[Val]"Hold off for now we will let you know if we have any trouble and maybe have you hack the house if we get into a jam.">
ludomastro
Ghost

<<@Team[Ghost] I'm going to stand here, quietly before I get us killed.>>
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:16am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle

The ganger stares the direction of the team for a full minute before he finally lays his head back down. Val and Ghost are both able to breath a quiet sigh of relief.
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:16am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle
Val

Val curses silently and starts to move again for the the door, Hoping it would lead to what they are after. He didn't want to get trapped up stairs. <@Team[Val]"Im moving to the other room Ghost think you can move a little less noisy?">
ludomastro
Ghost

<<@Team[Ghost]That was pretty much my best effort. I'm normally the kind of guy who waits quietly or blows things up. Not much in the middle, sorry.>>
Redjack

Val reaches the door without further incident while Ghost just stands still trying not to blow their cover.
Saytr
Val

Val looks around the area for any evidence that the items they would be after are in the room they currently occupy. Noting that Ghost isn't moving he doesn't want to lose sight of the mage just in case his Inivsible quality suddenly fails. <@Team[Val] "I am moving to the next room. Ghost if you could keep sight of me from where you are, I don't want to lose this invisible stuff and i want to be able to have back up just in case.">
Redjack

Standing at the door, Val looks around the room. The three gangers appear to have knives, one of them has a pistol grip visible in his pants. They are sleeping, but there are no larger weapons. Ghost stands just inside the outer doorway, maintaining his spell and trying not to be heard.
ludomastro
Ghost

<@Team [Ghost] Me moving is a very bad idea. I've seen toasters less clumsy than me. No worries on the spell though, I've got you covered even if I can't see you.>
Saytr
Val

Val notices the one with the gun and makes a mental note to kill him first should anything go down. He slowly tries to open the door heading into the other room. Val holds his breath hopefully he would walk into a room filled with guns and cash he thought to himself though that would be to sweet a deal, laughing inside he went back into serious mode looking through the crack of the door as he slowly opened it.

Val replied to Ghost <@Ghost[Val]'If things go down drop what you have to and make sure these guys don't bum rush me from behind.Ill let you know when i have found what we are looking for and hopefully.">
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:18am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle

Val slips up to the door, then turns his eyes back to the sleeping gangers. He turns the knob slowly and deliberately, millimeter by millimeter. The click of the latch is not even perceivable to a person's ears. He then inches the door open, little by little, deliberately; Taking his time. Finally, the door reaches the point where he can slip on through. He backs through the door, eyes on the gangers, insuring they are not disturbed.

Once in the garage, he turns around and there is his prize. A Knight Errant cruiser.
ludomastro
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:18am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle

<<@Val[Ghost]What do you see?>>
Saytr
Val

Val smiles at the sight of the vehicle. immediatly thinking the cruiser would be a nice starter ride. <@team[Val] "Athena can you jack into this and make it so untraceable? Ghost i am going to check the cruiser for the gear we need, if you can make sure they don't sneak up behind me. also Athena can you unlock this thing and ensure the alarm doesnt blare when i try to open the door.> Val sneaks up to the car and around the garage to ensure no one fell asleep working on it and ensureing the car isn't half chopped already.
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:20am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle

<<@Val [Athena] Not getting any signal off the cruiser.. Are you sure you want to activate it?>>

Val moves around the cruiser and finds no one else in the garage. The trunk and all the doors except the driver's door are closed. When Val walks around to the far side of car and looks in the open door, he sees blood and brain matter splattered on the inside of the passenger window. A night stick lays on the passenger seat. Nothing else is visible within.
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:20am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle
Val

Val picks up the night stick and stick and stuffs it in his jacket and ensures it is concealed inside his invisibility mojo. <@team[Val] "not sure activating it later might provide a distraction if needed. Can we keep it as a back up plan? I guess the Gangers don't like KE much flatfoots got geeked. brain matter and blood all over the inside of the Cruiser. Ghost are you able to sense if there are any others inside the house, we need to find the gear we came for?"> Val starts to make his way back into the main room seeing no more doors in the garage.
ludomastro
Ghost

Ghost opens his sight to the Astral once again looking for signs of life.
Redjack

Ghost again focuses on the astral. At the moment, all is exactly as a few minutes ago. No astral presences. Everyone appears to be asleep. A mouse has poked his head out of a hole across the room. The mouse looks mundane.

Val looks down to see a night stick floating, despite being under the cover of his invisible coat. Apparently, it needed to be present at the casting of the spell.

<<@Team [Athena] Routine update. Everything clean. Got an agent watching for new nodes. None detected.>>
ludomastro

<<@Team [Ghost] I can't see anyone up and moving around. Oh, there are mice here. Be wary of the mice. I've got it on good authority that SK is using them for surveillance.>>
Saytr
Val

val puts the stick back into the cruiser and makes his way back to the main room, <@Team[Val]"well nothing much in here but the cruiser, i am moving back to the main room and will move to the next room.>
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:21am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle

Val moves silently back into the room while Ghost stands at the base of the stairs. The mouse stops and looks around, his keen ears or sense of smell having detected a change.
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:21am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle
Val

Val looks at the rat and silently curses at the rat, moving to the other area he ensures not to step on the rodent and moves along to find what they are looking for.
Redjack

As Val moves back through the doorway...
<<@Val [Athena] What are you doing? Get the stuff and get out before those goons wake up...>>
Saytr
Val

Val moves back to the car and pops the trunk of the crusier to see if the goods are still in the trunk.
Redjack

The trunk is locked.
Saytr
Val

Val looks inside the crusier for the trunk switch <@Team[Val] "Athena can you unlock pop the trunk? Im looking for the keys. Ghost you see them laying anywhere in there."> Val also looks through the cruiser to see if the keys are in there by chance.
Redjack

Looking in the cruiser, Val isn't surprised not to find physical keys. The vehicle surely is fully remote start. Taking the time to look closer in the cabin, he sees a panel on the floor board that has been removed and a number of wires cut as well as a few spliced back in.

<<@Val [Athena] The only way I'm gonna get access is if you start the car. That brings its own set of problems. Why don't you just cut through the back seat?>>
Saytr
Val

<@Team[Va] "good idea working on it. Ghost how are the drek in the living room."> Val looks around for a knife or cutting tool in the garage. Hopefully the back seats are not reinforced.
Redjack
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:22am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle

Val quietly locates a pair of wire cutters, but nothing capable of cutting the fabric. Ghost remains on the landing, focused on breathing, maintaining the spell and not making any noise.
Saytr
Saturday, March 28th, 2071; 08:22am; Kingsgate Neighborhood, Redmond Barrens, Seattle
Val

Val curses under his breath. <@team[Val]"I will have to find something better then wirecutters to get inside the ride.> Val goes back into the other room where the others are sleeping to try to find either a knife or cutter or make his way to the kitchen where ever that would be to get a knife or blade.
ludomastro
Ghost

What are we going to do?

Remember Atlanta?

Yeah. Why?

Talk to the hacker-type and she what she thinks.

Oh! I got ya.

<<@Team[Ghost] Hey, Athena. Can you send all these guys a comm note saying that someone is hitting there territory as far away from here as possible. That should just about empty this place out and leave us with only one or two confused people to deal with. What do you think there Val?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012