Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Barrens II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Sengir
"I think we might better just ask for a 2-week trial, they probably make a point of knowing their customers here" Hardwire replied after another look over the neighborhood. "I should do something about the inevitable cameras, though...
Did your chummer already call back, Rabbit?"
O'Connor
Charlie took another look around as he stretched his legs and liked what he saw even less. When he'd been in the business of robbing slightly less poor people blind by breaking into thier houses, they'd often *talked* about doing a job in a place like this - but no one had bothered. Local Security around here was gonna be good to great - and all the cops enjoyed a good shakedown - all it took was one nosey neighbor to bring the whole thing to a grinding halt. Which wasn't to say a job couldn't be done here. It just had to be done right - and walking around packing heat like he was was a great way to get attention. On the upside his pistol wasn't connected to his PAN so has he slipped his commlink to active, he wasn't in jeapardy of alerting the drone or a local bored sec spider of the fact he was walking around with a gun. Didn't have to worry about them finding a hidden node on any of his gear because none of it *had* nodes. That didn't do him any good if they got swept by a MAD wand or had to walk through a scanner to get into the gym.

"We need a place to stash... and we're standing out like a fistful of sore thumbs right now." Charlie stated quietly, "And the last thing we want to do is get hammered down because we don't fit in."
Saytr
"we can head to lucky pawn, see if he will hold our stuff. He might have more fitting clothes for us to wear around this area too"
O'Connor
Charlie was getting uncomfortable discussing this out in the open but didn't really have a choice. "How far is this Lucky's?"
Saytr
val looked around than jumped back on his bike. "its not far but we will have to back track a little to drop off our stuff."
Sengir
This place certainly has working GridLink, just tell your buddy to get the car on the road...I don't want to spend more time here than necessary...
Saytr
Val nods and starts the bike up again. Nodding towards hardwire he sends him the address for Lucky pawn and starts the trek back into a place where they aren't so different looking than the norm.
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 15:41; Rapid-Rob's (Stuffer Shack), Bothell, Snohomish

<<@Rabbit [Lucky] Let me chase something down. Gonna take a few minutes. Go to this address and wait. I'll send over a car.>>

Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 17:09; Outback Steak House, South Rose Hill, Bellevue

Nothing is ever easy.
Half an hour later, though growing rush hour traffic, back down the 405 to the Redmond Way exit and then to a parking lot to wait nearly another hour for the arrival of vehicle. Finally, a mini-van bearing the logo of Roto-Rooter pulls up. A pair youth bearing the colors of the Lords of War exit the vehicle. The team recognizes as Dancer steps up. "Yo Chummers. This is Lupo. Lucky said we should take your rides back. Something about collateral."

A quick inspection of the vehicle shows a valid registration being broadcast, Grid-Guide and in addition to the two seats in front, a pair of fold down seats in the back, a pair of roto-rooter coveralls (no name tags or electronic identification) and an assortment of plumbers tools.
Sengir
"Sounds fair" Hardwire announced after a bit of electronic snooping around the van. "broadcasts everything it should and nothing it shouldn't, Lucky sure delivered there"

After the two Lords had gone with their bikes, Hardwire turned to the back of the van: "I suggest you guys get in the front, I'll see if I can prepare a little camera blackout while we are on the way....and I want to make sure there are no tracers attached to a certain locker door...". At least GridGuide wouldn't toss his limp body all across the van, he though with a sour look at the small folding seats.
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:13; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

Vehicles swapped, the team loaded, and the electronic signature now to Hardwire's satisfaction, the next wrinkle comes with rush hour being in full swing. The van, unable to move between the lanes as a motorcycle, the team is forced to suffer the complete duration until they finally are once again able to exit into Bothell.

A traffic drone is currently stationed, hovering, right over the exit ramp. After held breaths and a bit of sweating, the team passes without incident and moves on towards their ultimate destination. Finally, they reach the parking lot of the facility. A palace in comparison to nearly any building in Redmond, the gym is a multistory affair. The AR brochure boasts a quarter-mile indoor track, an Olympic size swimming pool, a professional boxing ring, judo room, and a plethora of fitness equipment too numerous to mention.
Saytr
"Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:13; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

Val looks around for a moment " jezz if i get my memory back and some serious dough i would love to actually see the inside of this place.
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:14; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

Charlie and Hardwire exit the van leaving Val to his thoughts, and an assortment of plumbing supplies. Stepping through the front doors, is able to discern the access ID of one of the Gold's Gym internal nodes. Hardwire slices through the node security before the duo even reach the attractive, athletic, blonde elven woman with perfect teeth, perfect hair and perfect complexion issues a greeting to the pair. Inside the node, he sees 14 active persona. In the real world, the hostess looks up and smiles at the approaching pair.
Sengir
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:13:30; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish
Hardwire shrunk the all-encompassing Matrix into a small window in his AR view and got up from the folding seat. "An ork in a plumber van, and of course he rides in the back" he thought as he saw a young woman hastily looking away. They deluded themselves about being more enlightened than the racist bruisers in the Barrens here, but it the end it was all the same...
"OK, you do the initial talking" he said to Charlie as he shouldered his bag, "I have to keep an eye on...my stocks". His jeans-and-TS attire did not exactly make him look like the owner of a big portfolio, but neither would any of that ridiculous sports gear he had stuffed into the bag.
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:14; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

As they approach, Hardwire gives two of the icons a little more scrutiny. The manager is currently running no additional programs. Security is running stealth, analyze and attack. There do not appear to be any cameras subscribed to this node.
Sengir
Hardwire blinked the AR display out of his sight for a moment. "I'm sorry, business call...my friend and I are looking for a gym to take our minds of that, do you have trial passes or something?". A shaman buddy had once told him to just look like you had no reason to expect a "no", so Hardwire did sound like that while giving the place a seemingly appraising look. Did they really not have any cameras, or just a beefy Matrix security?
Redjack

The two unlikely prospective members step towards the counter, Charlie moves around the counter, putting the duo into a position of flanking the girl, initially unnoticed by the girl. As Hardwire starts talking, Charlie smiles a smile that looks as much as a frown as it does a smile. He looks like he is far more uncomfortable than Hardwire and simply elects silence.
Redjack

Between his access to the system and some quick thinking quotes pulled from some of his favorite cheesy old movies manages to win over the receptionist. Charlie on the other hand simply fails and stands there, frustrated that the woman simply asks him to "Please leave."

Hardwire now finds himself on a guided tour of the facility while Val kicks back and waits in the van. Charlie seems to have disappeared.
Sengir
Hardwire made some approving comments as he was led around the gym and shown all the promised features. He had activated the Dragonfly in his pocket, so that Val would not have to miss out hearing about all the newest advancements in bionics. He also tried to extend his own electronic ears, in the thin hope of finding a non-hidden security device of the gym between all the traffic generated by pulse watches, step counters, and various other monitoring equipment each patron was carrying.

When his tour returned to the front desk again, he asked for an offer on trial hours to "relieve some work stress"
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:49; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

Tour completed, Hardwire is left to his own recognizance to try out the facilities. Val has since fallen asleep; his snores can be heard across the teamnet.
Sengir
Hardwire thanked the girl from the counter and walked off towards the locker room. Once inside, he tried to keep uf the "interested customer" routine without looking too suspiciously interested in the locker he came for, before moving to the bathroom.
Sengir
Inside the bathroom stall, Hardwire set the Dragonfly onto his lap, smiled sardonically into the camera for Val, and then jumped into the tiny drone. As his perception shifted to the data of the Dragonfly's sensor array, he could sense the flow of matrix traffic around him even more directly than with his own senses. Among the megapulses of trivial data from the patrons and the neighborhood, had some trouble making out the stream he was looking for, but finally he found a data transfer that clearly belonged to a camera. He quickly pulled a Track form from the Matrix and set after the trail, soon making out the security node which was the target of the transmission. He felt a slight strain on hit meat body as he dispersed the code traces of his Persona even deeper in the background noise, but the euphoria of hacking made him pay little heed to this. True to his paragon, he eviscerated the node's defenses in no time and stepped inside.
In the real world, less than half a minute had passed. No threat yet, though sitting too long in the stall might attract terribly well-minded "helpers".
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:50; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

His meat body stashed in a bathroom stall, on a toilet, the dragonfly makes its way out and towards a camera. Once in visual range and mutual signal range, Hardwire quickly locates a signal stream from the camera. He rides the signal to its destination: a hidden node physically within the building. A ghostly mirage of a node outlined in the matrix only because of his trace, Hardwire weaves a bubble of resonance around himself to blend him into the background of the matrix. The bubble in place, a needle of resonance extends, piercing the protective shield the node's firewall provided. In moments the needle extends beyond to the inside of the node allowing him to transfer his persona from outside to inside in blink.

Looking around the white, sterile node, Hardwire notices one icon that looks like a user in a business suit. The user has a "Ken Doll" look and appears to be paused currently.
Sengir
<<@Val[Hardwire] Inside their security, will check if there is anything nasty attached to that locker and then try my luck. You sure your old self didn't boobytrap the thing?>>

The node seemed calm and clear for now, but Hardwire nevertheless took a good hard look at both the code hiding behind the node's clinical sculpting and the IC passively hovering in the node.
Sengir
...but the security of the node turned out to be as uneventful as its sculpting -- no intricate traps requiring surgically precise disarmament, simply a resident program scanning for intruders and IC standing by to engage any detected intruders. With his newly hacked privileges, Hardwire simply put the scanning program on standby before allowing the extra layer of Resonance covering his persona slip away.

The sculpting made the camera controls and access log easy to make out, but before those there was one more icon to care for: On the far side of the virtual room, a simple junction box represented the alarm system of the facility. The rendered image flickered as Hardwire scanned the virtual alarm wires, looking for anything connected to locker #1347.
Saytr
val's head falls forward and he snaps back to the waking world as Hardwire asks him about the locker. bored out of his mind sitting in the van he is starting to get anxious, wishing he had a soykaf or something of that nature to keep in up he looks around making a survey of the land again to see if anything has changed.
<@hardwire[val]"I have no idea. none the less i would be careful">
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:52; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

Hardwire sets his browse frame to work on locker #1347 and finds it is in a grouping labelled Sponsorship. Few details are available, the only thing that sticks out is that lockers flagged in that group cannot be opened by the security node, relying instead on local security to the locker itself. Letting the browse program run the main node as well as the security node adds the following details: The billing information lists Romulov Enterprises as the customer account and Exempt in the data field that tracks the dues.

Val notices little change. Customers come, customers go, though at a very slow pace... then a memory.
Beside him a man is walking and talking. "You may not come out the other side of this." The man slows, looking at Val. He is Caucasian and dressed in a suit. His haircut and the lean cut of his face scream professional. As they reach the door of the gym, he stops and turns to face Val. "The account is set up in perpetuity and your bug out kit is in thirteen forty-seven. Romulov Enterprises is a shell corp I use for cases like this. Code the lock to your retina; I figure if you've lost two eyes before getting here you're probably not gonna make it." He shakes Val's hand before turning and walking back to an expensive European sports car and driving away. Val looks back to the entrance, turns off his comlink and walks into the building...

Well rested from last night's dead end turned into good Samaritan night, Bob parks his car in a far corner of the parking lot. He sits a moment, glaring at the entrance to the pricey gym. Mitch Long works here, at least a Mitch Long. Granted, he'd removed two more the the list of his possible Mitch Longs shortly after getting up. This one HAS to pan out.
phlapjack77
Bob - Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:52; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

I'd had a bum run of it the day before - something about the food and the post-adrenaline rush left me feeling unsettled the whole day. And to top matters off, Delores seemed to be ignoring my calls. I'm not the type to go crazy over a dame, but I didn't want to be in this gal's bad graces either. Delores was tougher than a year-old bulldog with a sore tooth but she could really help a guy when things got tough. It didn't hurt that she had the body of a pin-up model, but you won't catch me tellin' her that. Anyway, I'd scouted out some of my usual places to try to manufacture some leads but got nowhere fast, so I decided to follow my leads and got nowhere fast at the bar that night with Angelo keeping score beside me. I must've slept like a priest after Christmas, because this morning when I woke up I felt better than I had in weeks. Maybe it was the message returned by my search-agent, telling me that there was a Mitch Long who worked at Gold's Gym. Well, here I am.

The pretty elven woman at the front desk eyed me up and down with that look that says you don't belong here chummer, but her smile stayed in place. That smile was phonier than a billion-nuyen credstick, but it was professional all right. I guess I didn't look like the type of guy who hung around gyms a lot. No use trying to pretend to be a gym member with that old battleship at the desk. Better play it semi-straight, see where I get.

I'm here to see Mitch Long. Got some paydata for him that's really important. Is he working today?
Sengir
Hardwire - Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:52:00; Gold's Gym Security Node
The Sprite appeared from the Resonance almost immediately as he was called, and Hardwire set him to work clearing all traces in the node. He never liked using Sprites as dump labour, but currently time was essential.
As the Sprite went to work, Hardwire began inserting his little deception into the access log and locker room camera.

Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:52:03
With his little script in place, Hardwire returned to AR. Good thing this was an upscale establishment, he figured as he woke up with his face leaning against the wall of the stall. He noisily worked around with his belt to give the impression of somebody pulling up his pants, took a second to compose himself, and triggered the script he had embedded in the node.

Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:52:15

ARES SECURITY SOLUTIONS
An important security update has been applied to your EverWatch Camera
Do not interrupt this update process or unplug the device!
1 % Done

The script counted 1.25 seconds per percent step, a little over two minutes in total. He grabbed the sports bag and left the bathroom -- without washing his hands, no time for such acting now.
<<@Val[Hardwire]: Start the motor, I'm going to the locker>>
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:53; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

Hardwire
His script firmly in place, his sprite dealing with housekeeping and his pants now secured with his belt, Hardwire makes his way to the locker... To find it is secured by a retinal scanner and not the key Val provided him.

Bob
Her million nuyen (or at least 10,000¥) smile remains firmly in place, almost lifting a little as she replies, "I'm sorry. I'm unable to divulge information about staff."
Saytr
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:53; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish
Val

Val snaps from the memory at hardwires statement. <@team[rabbit]"flash back update the locker is likely coded with my retinal info. Looks like I'm coming to you guys. Sit tight I'm heading in, memories flooding back about this place.">. Val disarmed himself an kept his head low and locks the door to the van as he heads towards the gym.
Sengir
Hardwire - Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:53:00; Gold's Gym Security Node

<<@Team[Hardwire]: Thanks, I just figured out as much. 65 seconds until the camera comes up again, drek>>
Redjack

Momentarily flustered by the response of the receptionist, both of their attention is diverted to the door. Bob recognizes the new entrant onto the scene as a local Vory lieutenant, Valery "The Scalpel" Strobokov. Bob had seen The Scalpel once before. Bob had been tailing a mid-level exec for a non name bottom tier corporation who was cheating on his wife with their nanny of all people. He had tailed them to a out of the way, cozy little restaurant in Bellevue.

The mark, Stan, had the unfortunate circumstance to be seated at a table right near the large booth where the Vory were dining. Another rather well known Vory, Yury "Crush" Fenenko, was dining with The Scalpel and a number of unknowns. Crush made a lewd comment about the girl. Stan shot them a glaring look, Crush took offense and began to trash talk Stan. In moments, Stan was caught up in escalating situation he could not hope to escape unscathed. Before it was done, Crush had Scapel cut off Stan's little finger for "offense" and had one of the goons cauterize the stump with the candle on the table.

The Scalpel had been a well dressed, calculating operator. Walking through the door, he was considerably different in appearance. His clothes are dirty and his armor jacket had seen action. His hair needed combing and primping; the man walking through the door appeared to be his scruffy twin.
Redjack

Val makes his way across the parking lot, moving with a purpose given Hardwire's countdown. Going through the doors, a middle-aged, paunchy, hairline receding man is standing by the greeter. The man is short & stocky stature and is clothed in a constantly-rumpled suit, complete with trench coat and fedora. His shirt has numerous stains of indeterminate origin.

The attractive, athletic, blonde elven woman with perfect teeth, perfect hair and perfect complexion seems to recognize Val. She looks to him with a smile, "Mr Popov. Slumming today?" Her comment comes across as innocent. She reaches for a small technical pad, which she hold in her hand as Val approaches.
Saytr

val doesnt recognize the stumpy balding man he passes giving him little regard as he didnt regognize the man from anywhere, hearing the receptionist divert her attentionto him and addres him as mr. porpov, val just goes with it. shooting her smile back at. "trying something a little new this week. thought i would pop in for a nice workout." really letting his russian accent flow through the conversation he tried to sound as casual as possible. val starts to pass the front desk as if nothing is wrong goin from the video he saw with hardwire through his HUD in the van he makes his way to the locker room and looks for his locker labeled 1347. god i hope i didnt boobie trap thid dam thing
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:54; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

The Scalpel cruises in and past under the name of Popov, leaving Bob momentarily again with the cover model receptionist who is now mostly simply ignoring his presence.

Val following directions from Hardwire makes it to the men's locker room and locker 1347. Quickly glancing into the eye scanner there is an audible click as the locker door opens. Inside the locker is a large black duffel bag. A rather bulky lock mechanism bigger than a fist is on it with five neon lights... and the first goes out...

What was that about booby traps?
Sengir
Hardwire couldn't help but feel reminded of a flatvid in his collection...he could nearly hear the laughter of the alien as the strange symbols on its wrist formed a countdown. "Frag, why didn't you remember that?!"
Saytr
Val handles the bag gently but quickly just enough to run his hand under and around the bag to make sure there isn't any wires connected "amnesia!" Wide eyed looking at hardwire than the bag. Val takes a closer look and thinks about his com. Going through the different key codes in his com he goes about looking to see if any of them would deactivate the device. "Any ideas brother, I'm trying the different codes in my com but I have no idea about this stuff."
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:54; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

The fourth light goes out leaving three lit as Val's blood pressure begins to rise as he becomes frantic. He looks for codes on his comlink as the third goes out. The device is now active in AR, allowing Val to make a guest connection. One of the digital keys Athena located is accepted just after the second light goes out. As the code is accepted, all five lights blink twice... then go out. The lock mechanism opens with a click.
phlapjack77
Bob - Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:52; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish

It looked like this dame wasn't going to play ball. I considered trying to slip her a few nuyen, but between her attitude and my bank account I had as much hope as a mouse at a cat convention. Then something interesting happened.

Word on the street was that The Scalpel had been retired. Permanently. As in, feeding the fishes. Worm food. Ghoul chow. Yet here he was, looking alive if a little less like his old self. Wonder if he was rusty, The Scalpel.

I pretended to be browsing some of the AROs offered by the gym, letting my mouth move slightly as if reading silently. Every now and then I'd let a word slip out, little things like "improved fitness?" or "maximum energy!" I must've looked like a real clown, which was kind of the point. Really I was focusing on sending out little magic tendrils, trying to dig deep into the receptionist's brain like a cactus in the desert. What did she know about The Scalpel, now Popov? Or Mitch Long?
Saytr
Val

Val farts as the tension releases his body" sorry, that was intense.......lets see what was so important." Val pockets the unarmed bomb in his jacket, and with a slightly happy smirk opens the bag quickly to make sure no other surprises were left for him. Looking to harwire<@hardwire[val]" think you can wipe the video of our being here. The receptionist knew me by another name however she did seem pleased to see me I wouldn't be surprised if she alerted someone to me being here, if they want me dead who bows how many people know of who's out to get me and what they would give for information on me. Lets get the hell out of here before they show up." >
Sengir

"Yes, get to da van. NOW". The wageslaves frequenting this place were bred as stupid drones, but not stupid enough to ignore two panicked misfits handling a very obvious bomb. Hardwire grabbed his bag, hastily sprayed down the locker with C², and made for the door.
Redjack

Bob's spell allows his to see that the receptionist's thoughts of Popov are quickly fading. Thought recognition is generally very vague in the details that it provides, today it is humorous: She was entertaining the thought of letting him be her sugar daddy.

Val gathers his booby trap, as well as his bag, and heads towards the door, followed by Hardwire. As Val passes through exterior doorway with his large bag headed for the van, Hardwire turns the corner into the reception area and recognizes Bob. A generally down on his luck functional alcoholic, Bob is also a mage on the patch to burn out. On the path does not equal all the way down it though and the duo is pretty light in the area of spell slingers. Hardwire has also worked on several drones for Bob; while calling them friends would be a stretch, the technomancer has a good professional relationship with the private detective, if nothing else.

Barbie looks up to see Mr Papov heading back out the door, bringing him back to her conscious thoughts. His quick exit, no workout and the bag he didn't come in with all give her pause and keep him in her thoughts. Focused on the spell and Mr Popov, Bob does not hear Hardwire approaching.
Sengir
He certainly wouldn't have expected to come across Bob in here, who seemed just as out of place as Val and himself were. But whatever the snoop was up to, this chance encounter might just save their asses <<@Bob[Hardwire]: Need a job? Get into the van>> Hardwire hastily pinged out to Bob's com address as he rushed past. Driving the van while while trying to keep up with Val's augmented reactions was not an option, unfortunately, so they still had some ground to cover...
phlapjack77

I was surprised to get the message from Hardwire when I did. The guy was a stand-up kind of joe, practical without being too practical in that breaking-the-rules kind of way. I'd done business with him before and never had reason to complain. His talk about a job left me wide-eyed as a 18 year old virgin on prom night. A job was just what my aching cred account needed to keep me in the red while I fought off the various debtors who'd dug in to my skin like ticks on a hound dog. Sure I didn't know what the job was yet. The balance in my bank account didn't allow me the luxury to care.

I finished up my spell and shot a quick smile at the receptionist as I tipped my hat to her on my way out the door. You might say I moved hurriedly, but I just considered myself focused. As I exited the gym I sent back a message.

<<@Hardwire[Bob]: You better believe I need a job. Where's this van I'll be getting in?>>
Sengir
Hardwire turned around for a moment and waved Bob to follow them. "Where does he think we're headed, the sauna?"

"That guy's a chummer", he tersely informed Val
Saytr
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 18:52; Gold's Gym, 2290 15th Ave SE, Bothell, Snohomish
Val

Val looks to the little fat man and than to hardwire, the front desk woman and than the door only looking to get the explosives from the locker and the contents of his bag looked at and ready to exact some serious revenge for Athena murder but mostly the murder of his family and friends. val doesnt give him a second glance instead looks around before heading outside back to the van.
phlapjack77

In my rush to exit the gym I nearly ran into Hardwire and The Scalpel as they left just ahead of me. Not exactly graceful on my part but then I figured I wasn't being hired for my ballerina skills. I had to close my mouth tight against all my questions, locking my jaw like an alligator clamped on the leg of a deer. Now didn't seem like the time to go all Dick Tracy on the duo. At the moment they seemed only interested in making some kind of getaway, so I did what I do best and kept my mouth shut and my eyes open as I followed them to the van.
Redjack

As the trio makes their exit from the Gym's main entrance, Bob is treated to one more piece of knowledge in the elusive search for Mitch Long. Seeing Bob finally leaving, her thoughts turn to Mitch for a moment. "If he thought I was gonna help him with Mitch after that bastard fucked me then snuck out, he's got another thing coming... I hope he never finds him and I'm glad as hell they fired his ass Thursday!"

Once all are in the Roto-Rooter mini-van, Hardware moves it out of the parking lot down the street and towards the interstate. In the back, Val finally inspects the contents of the bag... which turns out to be the bug out bag from a wet dream. The Ares Alpha assault rifle is one of the larger pieces to be removed. Next comes a complete survival kit, then a bandolier of grenades, pack of magazines for the Ares, a medkit, a pistol with holster and three magazines, and a nearly new comlink...
phlapjack77

My eyes were open all right. They were wide open, and getting wider as The Scalpel pulled more and more hardware from that duffel bag. Holy mackerel, what had I gotten myself in to? I continued to keep my mouth shut though, I remembered that the Vory assassin wasn't too keen on lots of questions. So I pulled my hat a little lower on my head and stared forward, studiously ignoring the duffel bag and it's contents. I had known Hardwire to be a decent sort, not one to pull a double-cross unnecessarily. And he had the skills to know that with my bank account and my problems, double-crossing me would be more trouble than it was worth. At least, that's what I was hoping was the score here.
Sengir
May I introduce, Val, Bob -- Bob, Val. Bob's a decent spellslinger, though I have no idea what you were doing there. Val...good question. Long story short, Val somehow blanked his memories but kept a pointer to a locker in that gym. We tried to get the stuff silently, but Val apparently forgot how paranoid he was, so that went kinda south. Speaking of which, can you take an astral look at the -- hey, is that an Alpha?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012