Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Barrens II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
almost normal
Tadgh led the other two upstairs, moving a few old boxes of stock aside to make room for the newcomers. Normally he'd have time to move the inventory into his office, but today things were different. He turned the lights on, and settled them down to a warm dim, then put a pair of devices onto the table. The first was the wireless jammer he had already shown off, the other was a white noise generator. He activated both, sat down, and welcomed the pair to do the same.

"Let's get right down to business. shall we? The two of you seem to need some information on our mutual friend Athena. I happen to know a guy who knows a guy who might know something about her current status. Are the two of you willing to make a deal to attain said information?"
Saytr
Val was taken aback at Athena's mention and not missing a beat draws his pred from his jacket and casually has it in his hand finger on the trigger. Then looking towards hardwire and his brief mention of no blood shed lays it on the table in front of him. " a life for a life I would say, yours for information on hers. She was not a dear friend but had been working on something for me of great value."
almost normal
Tadgh coughs for a moment to keep himself from smiling when the gun is drawn. If basic intimidation and physical actions were this chummer's opening salvo, he was going to have an easy time of this. Still, when a potential longtime contact takes a trip upstairs, it's never in anyone's best interests to dick them over right away.

"Sounds like a deal, Mr. Rabbit, I accept your terms. Here's your one chance to make a good impression, make it count. Tell me what you know about Athena, who you are, and your honest relationship with her.
Sengir
Hardwire bit his tongue despite Val acting like a bull at the gate...it would be better to give Tig the impression of unity, and he too interested in hearing some more details about Athena. "Let's go chronologically, you first he said, nodding towards Val.
Saytr
Val took the que from hardwire if he wasn't uncomfortable with tigs approach then he wasn't taken aback either. " basically Athena was looking into my past, i seemed to have misplaced past memories and she was helping me in lighten myself as to my past, Athena was working with us on a little run we had and disspeared mid run. That's when hardwire and myself were acquainted" val hoped being too honest wouldn't be a mistake but seeing as he knew little of how these things still worked caution was warranted but so was the truth in some cases.
Sengir
"Heh, 'acquainted'...I didn't know either of them until she virtually walked in on me and told me to finish a job for her. As far as her entry goes she sees to be be quite similar to you...so, what do you know about why she dropped from the radar?"
almost normal
Tadgh leaned back in his seat and held up a hand defensively.

"Easy now, chummers. You might have told me the truth about your relationship with her, but you've told me nothing of yourselves, as I asked. Makes me a bit uneasy. The two of you know who I am. You know where I'll be. I need the same from you two before I engage in the sharing of information. I don't sell out runners, and as far as you two have told me, you could be a pair of bounty hunters. So I'll ask a second time. Who are you?"
Saytr
Val was confused and frustrated at the same, sighing briefly " once again I have misplaced my past. Athena and I were working together when she disappeared hardwire was there to take her place. Athena was looking into my misplaced memories as I do not have any, as to being bounty hunter, well....you are the one approached us.."
almost normal
Tadgh sighed, clearly looking annoyed.

"So when I go to pay you, I send it to Misplaced Past Motherfucker? Care of Amnesia? You've got to have a handle, a place you sleep, and at the very least, a fucking favorite SIN to run around with. Fuckin work with me here.
Saytr
Val offers his hand again, "you now my handle already mr.rabbit will do such to suffice when you mentioned it I assumed you knew or had been listening to our conversation"
almost normal
"It's what I called you after you told me yourself. Did the Amnesia hit you that hard brother?

If you're content to hard-play me, It's going to go a bit slower. I'm going to go downstairs and call a few friends, do a little digging. The two of you stay here. You check out, I give you the information, and we all have a nice evening. Let's just hope Athena knows a Mr. Rabbit."

Tadgh stands up from the table, tips his hat, and goes to head back downstairs.
Sengir
"Maybe those friends will explain to you that folks normally don'T tell some random guy who approaches them in a bar their entire biography. Why in all hells do you think Mr...Rabbit can't find out much about his past? Because every barkeeper in town knows his birthday and his mother's buunda maiden name?

I hack stuff for a living, he's got some memory problems, your turn. And by the way, where I come from sniffing out somebody's background is like what you do with your girl...everybody knows it, but you don't announce it in public"
Saytr
Val bites his lip, holding back what he wanted to say.
almost normal
Tadgh smiled back at the comment.

"Ain't asking for a biography. Just wanted a non-bullshit handle to go with the face. You hack. He forgets. I fix. People come to me when they need to get shit done. I understand your unease with giving out information, I truly do. Maybe though, just maybe, when some fuck-mook comes walking in the door looking to get some information on the two of you ? You'll appreciate that I go the extra mile and weed out the assholes, and make sure the only people who find you are the ones you want to be found by. Athena was a client of mine. Not just a friend. She's employed my services once more. Like I said, I'm just going to go check you two out. If you don't like that I tell you that up front, well damnit, I'm a fixer, not a Johnson. I'll leave the noise generator on the table. Randomizer's on the bottom. I don't have any listening devices up here, but I doubt you're going to be convinced by my word alone.

Saytr
why do you say was? If she wanted us employed she would contact us directly not use a middle man. From what little I knew of her she would have shown up in my com with a offer not through a fixer or Johnson.....what aren't you telling us val steps around the table bolstering his weapon and slowly mutters a few things to himself in Russian.
almost normal
Tadgh grumbles quietly to himself. "Fuckin amateur.

QUICK, TOSS ME THE GUN. "
Redjack
Automatic gunfire rings out from the bar below, drawing the attention of the trio from themselves to the sounds below.
Saytr
Val takes a defensive posture against the wall looking at hardwire and Tadgh. " are those your men you were counting on" val takes cover by the wall.
Redjack
Val tosses the firearm to bar owner right as the shots go off below. He is not understanding why he did it when he did it, but sure that magic had to be involved. Reflexes like a cat, the Russian then moves past to the doorway, standing to the side, defensively. Tadgh moves past the street sam, with the street sam's pistol held over his head quickly down the stairs to the bar.
Saytr
Val watches tig as he walks towards the door to the bar, val looks at hardwire while also making sure the safety is on the pred.
Sengir
Val's remark about Athena seemed to hit the nail on the head...something was fishy about Tig's story. Yet before he could consider the implications any further, the shooting started downstairs and Tig walked downstairs with Val's gun in hand -- the Russian looked a bit puzzled but didn't seem to mind Tig volunteering to go first.

The obviously boosted reflexes of the other two made Hardwire feel a bit clumsy, but he was nevertheless determined to do his part. He snatched the annoying jammer from the table and threw it down the staircase, before taking cover behind a box of soy flavoring. "Jammer coming".
almost normal
Tadgh heads further down, guns raised above his head to surrender, exuding an air of calmness and rationale, hoping that it rubs off on whoever decided getting into a gunfight in his bar was a good idea.
Saytr
out of line of sight from tadgh val unslings his ingram and gets ready to spray who ever is shooting if they decide to get nasty.
Redjack
Tadgh proceeds through the ground level door into the bar's main area. Several aspects of the changed scene sticks out to him: First, a pair of large men are barking in for everyone to get down in thick, Russian accents. He also notes that one of the gangers has been shot and is bleeding to death on his floor. As Tadgh comes through the door, one of the two point a carbine at the bar owner and yells, "Get on the fracking ground-"

Reaching the bottom of the stairs behind Tadgh, from the shadows the stairwell, Val sees the man stop one step into the room and hears the other Russians in the room.

The area jammer bounces down the stairs with a thump, thump, thump before rolling out into the room right behind Tadgh. The Russian cuts it mid-sentence, "-Grenade!" Diving to the side while opening up on Tadgh with a burst from his machine pistol.
Redjack
From the stairwell, Val sees Tig fly backwards following the hiccup of a pair of bursts from a machine pistol. He sees the dwarf behind the bar pulling up a shotgun. More blood is sure to flow...
Saytr
Val watches as Tadgh goes down with a pool of blood starting where he lay. Val has seen death before, when why and how are still questions unanswered. Listening and waiting for the shotgun blast val was waiting for the bartender to distract the machine pistols thugs, once the kaboom resounded in the close space val ran down a few steps then vaulted for cover and hoped would have a clear shot to spray at least one of the thugs. Val motioned for hardwire to watch his back and then proceeded down into the chaos.
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 13:25; Spooks Irish Pub, 122 Place NE & NE 132nd St, Kingsgate, Redmond District

"Blam!" the shotgun booms followed immediately by the hiccup of more suppressed gunfire. From Val's vantage point he sees shells hitting both the bar and the dwarf taking cover behind it firing the aforementioned shotgun. His moment at hand, the street samurai leans around the corner and lights up the crouching goon by the door. The burst of round strike him across the chest walking fire up it send the completely surprised goon flying backwards.
Saytr
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 13:25; Spooks Irish Pub, 122 Place NE & NE 132nd St, Kingsgate, Redmond District

Zion sees the thug lift off his feet and aims to do the same to the other taking aim and releasing a second short burst.
Redjack
The second burst follows the path of the first, striking the goon again, blood spraying from the continual spray of bullets.
Saytr
Val looks towards where the goon was laying and opens up with a long burst of fire Ina attempt to shread the cover for the goon and get him to move and become a open target for either the bar keep or hardwire.
Redjack
Seeing the spray of gunfire from the doorway, the gunman on the ground sprays the door sill... which Val uses as effective cover.
Saytr
Val feels the fragments of wood splinter off from the door sill, feeling the heat from the bullets passing through the air next to him. Looking towards hardwire Val points in the direction of the goon making his hand into a pistol and hammering his thumb down to fire at the dolt. Taking general aim at the area the goon took cover Val levels his ingram one more time before he empties the clip into what the goon is hiding behind yelling in russian before he levels the gun "come out you coward" sounding like выйти трус
Redjack
Val's return fire blasts pieces of the heavy table the goon is hiding behind. "Frag вас, коза любовника!"

Billy, the dwarf, and Hardwire, moving at normal meat speeds, are just able to register the gunfire going back and forward.
Saytr
Val tries to remember what a cosa lover is but just reloads and prepares to fill the thug with a few ore rounds.
Redjack

Val ejects the spent clip into his hand and slaps one of the two fresh ones from his pocket into the SMG. Val sees the dwarf behind the bar pop his head up with the shotgun. A wild spray from the goon's SMG sprays the bar, blasting glasses and bottles, but amazingly, missing the dwarf. The shotgun booms and someone out of sight cries out in pain.
Sengir

Hardwire tried to focus on keeping the smartgun reticle in his vision steady as he moved down the stairs into the maelstrom. The display flared shortly as he came closer to the jammer, but his ECCM quickly re-centered it. "How ridiculous to use gel when nobody else does" he thought as he positioned himself behind the door frame, hoping to get a pot shot at one of the cybered dreakheads zipping by.
Redjack

Reaching around the elven street sam, the hacker draws a bead on the thug hiding mostly behind a table and squeezes the trigger... and the gel round splats against said table.
Saytr
Val squints as the hardwires shot is wide, reloaded he makes a attempt to flank the goon and vaults across the room to get a side shot at the man and takes a pop shot once a visual is made.
Redjack

Running wide open, Val cover distance across the bar until he clears the table the goon is using for cover. As he pulls the trigger, gel rounds impact the goon square in the chest, sending him sprawling. A second pull of the trigger goes wide, the gel rounds impacting with the wall.

Frantic and sprawling, the thug levels the firearm at Val, pulls the trigger... and misses. A look of abject horror on his face, his releases the weapon, palms held open towards the street samurai.
Saytr
Val sees his second shot miss wide. Horrified he prepares to be filled with lead. Hearing the gun fire val continues his movement praying, as the reverberations from the gunfire pass his body val lands unharmed immediatly twisting aiming the Ingram at his head " what the hell are you doing here?" <@hardwire[val]this goon is secured check on the second and the fast talker see if he's breathing still.">
Redjack
In his peripheral vision, to the right, the dwarf chambers another round into the pump shotgun, but holds, apparently backing Val's play. The goon on the floor looks up at Val and in a thick accent, "Looking for you Valery, looking for you."
Saytr
Val was taken aback at the mention of his name. Rolling him over val looks around for anything to tie his hands behind his back.
"Bar keep, you call the flatfoots?" Looking at the goon" i have a lot of questions" looking at hardwire and then back to yhe goon and then to where the bar owner laid.
Redjack

"Uh.... No. Do you want them?" The dwarf reacts as though Val just asks him to plunge a a toilet that a large troll just polluted after a binge on indian food... with his hand.

The goon eyes Val despite his position on the floor and beaten, the mans eyes are hard and locked in. "Ve can come to an agreement... but only vif you give me your word I vill valk away."

Hardwire moves into the room, formerly a quiet street pub turned into a war zone. The first thug to go down has a steady stream of blood pumping out of the open vein on his neck that appears to be slowing... or maybe it stopped. Tagh on the other hand doesn't look too bad despite all the blood. Rolling him over, Hardwire realizes his initial assessment was wrong. The bar owner is missing half his face.

Saytr
Val looked at the man hard...years past by it seemed as val tried to remember his face looking hard at his face and trying to let his lost memory give him a glimpse of who this man is, hearing the bar keep " no. No police." Seeing hardwire walk towards the bar owner and he awaits the goons final verdict, " is that guy still alive?" Val yells as he notices hardwire move towards Tadgh. " what kind of arrangement can be made with someone who just tried to kill me. I will require a lot of persuasion to let you go, plus you shot at my friend here, hardwire bring that jammer so he cannot call backup If its not already here."
Sengir
"His head is gone, but we got all the answers we need" Hardwire replied, holding up a blood-splattered commlink while ejecting the battery. "That useless piece of drek can't tell us anything worthwhile. What agreement would we need with some footpad". <<@val[hardwire] Play along>>

With feigned disinterest in the kneeling man, Hardwire rolled over the ever-annoying jammer and then went rummaging under the bar, finally coming up with a plastic bag (seemingly, bar was a regular patron of Pat's Pest Control Supplies) and a roll of kitchen foil. Not a fully faraday cage, but it would suffice for beating RFIDs...
Saytr
Val looks keeps his eyes on the goon, reaching down to pick up his weapon after he retrieves the weapon he steps back a few steps" sorry chummer my pals got a point. I just wanted to see if you had any more friends outside , i guess not since were still here." Val aims the weapon right at the goons head manually selecting semi on the ingram and points the weapon at at the prone man awaiting to aee if the goon speaks up
Redjack
Sunday, March 29th, 2071; 13:26; Spooks Irish Pub, 122 Place NE & NE 132nd St, Kingsgate, Redmond District

The Russian thug hods up a open hand. "Vate a minute." He looks between the two. "More vill come. More are coming-"

"Let them come. We'll blast them all!" The dwarf behind the bar bellows out, a fire in his eyes.

The Russian continues, looking for an angle, staring down Val's SMG. "You are полицейский. You cannot shoot me."
Saytr
A policeman? Val knew his past was lost to him had he some semblance of structure in his life. Had his life been a lawful one after all and not so e gang related hit from everything he knew so far his life could have been several except a cop. "Полиция мужчина моей заднице. не составляют находится всего причиной мертвого человека. Следующий вы скажете мне, вы работаете на Интерпола и ваша моим лучшим другом. План говорят или плохо обратить на это, и вы не будете получать быструю смерть Я предлагаю сейчас." Val wanted to see the truth through any means. Looking at the bar tender" might want more shots bar keep I would look for a new bar to work your boss has lost half his face. There any secret rooms show us so we can use them to help"
Redjack
The thug hardens his eyes at Val and holds out both hands, "I demand to see my lawyer."
Saytr
Val hard pressed on what to do tries to find inside himself any semblance of the right thing to do does what anybody would do thumps the goon hard square in the nose " this look like a court room to you, how did you know we were here?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012