Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Barrens II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Redjack
He awakes to the feeling of rain drops hitting his face. Blinking his eyes, he realizes that his left cheek is lying on wet pavement. The cool pavement actually feels good compared to the pounding in his brain. Gently reaching up, he feels a lump on his head.

Pushing himself up in the darkness, he feels a sharp pain in his ribs and he stops - his breathing labored from that pain. The next thing he realizes is that its dark, even with his vision. His jacket feels heavy, both from the rain and from its composition. It must be armored, but why did he know that?

Sitting back against the brick wall behind him, he reaches into a pocket. A com link. I can call home- Wait where is home? Even more so, what the hell is my name? He pushes the button on the com and is greeted by a spark. Looking closer, the case is cracked and the rain is seeping inside. Great!

Looking up and down, what he now realizes is an alley, its still dark. He is sitting beside a metal trash dumpster. He hears voices nearby, "I think he went this way."
Saytr
Primal instinct takes over from fear or excitment he didnt know but he looks for any kind of weapon either on himself or laying around to defend himself. why cant i remember anything, probably because im suffering from a concushion from the bump on my head god i have a headache, i need time to cool off and rest i hope things become more clear in the morning. first things first he needed to get out of there. all these questions ran through his head in the instant it took him to figure out he needed to get out of the alley and away from anyone looking for him to find out who he is first and answer some important identity questions as well as why he is lying in a alley wet and cold. He looked for any way out of the alley that wouldn't put him in light where he could be seen he wanted to go home and get there fast where ever home would be. he would figure out the com link later right now he didn't like the fact anyone was looking for him.
Redjack
The cloud cover, falling rain and lack of artificial lighting frustrates his ability to better gauge his surroundings. His natural elven vision does amplify what precious little ambient illumination there is, but it merely dilutes the near pitch-black. Looking toward the end of the alley with the voices, the ambient light is still very low, but considerably brighter than in the alley. It appears as if somewhere down the street there is an artificial source of light.

The other direction, however, is a mystery shrouded in darkness; Perhaps there is a turn, an exit...or perhaps a dead end. It seems the choices are simple. Go to the voices or go to the darkness.
Saytr
struggling to get up he starts to stumbel towards the light they might be friends..... he stutters a moment and thinks to himself "they might not be my friends either" still even if they werent he stood a better chance in the light then in the dark. " hey chummers a little help " he shouts walking towards the light "get the tag of the truck that hit me?" laughting during the last word, cutting it short since laughing, talking or even breathing for that matter made the bump on his head that much worse. holding his hands up to block the light from hitting his eye he starts to walk towards the light withe his other had up out wide.
Redjack
His decision made, he moves toward the light calling out to unseen voices. The sound of running feet answers his call... followed by confirmation of a miscalculation, "Get the bastard!"
Saytr
not understanding why anyone would be mad at him he turns back towards the darkness and starts to run down the alley, wishing he could only see just a little more clearly down the alley to see exactly where he was going. surprisingly he takes off with out regard to the darkness wishing he had maybe went the down the dark alley in the first place. why would someone be after me....what did i do to make them so angry, why can't i remember anything. frustrated at his lose of memory hoping it was a momentary lose and nothing that would stay to permenant he dashed off into the darkness hoping to maybe get away from anyone wanting to hurt him and find maybe a friend in the darkness where he thought only danger would be.
Redjack
He turns and runs, adrenaline momentarily blocking out the pain from his head and ribs. With his elven sight, he is able to barely discern subtle differences in the alley like the "T" in the alleyway. A shot rings out from behind him just as he reaches it then another. He feels the sharp impact tug his jacket from the second shot as he cuts out of sight of his pursuers; At least for the moment.

Yelling voices behind him, more darkness around him and then he comes to a stop with thud as he runs into a padded wall. He realizes his mistake when the wall talks. "Who are you little man?" The darkness prevents his from discerning any details about the talking wall.
Saytr
he squints in a effort to make out any details from the darkness after he rams face first into the padded wall he blinks a few times thinking maybe he blinded himself. hearing a wall talk is something unusual he knows, far more unusual then not knowing his name at least. strangley it doesn't surprise him as much as it might have he is startled but not taken off his feet by a talking padded wall. in response to the question"i dont know who i am but, wait a minute are a talkig wall...anyways who are you please move there are men after me who want to cause me pain. i have no idea who they are. If you would be kind enough to let me pass or show me a way out of this alley other then the way i came i would be owe you one.....who or what ever you are." rather then wait for a response he starts looking for a way to slip through any gap in the padded wall or a door maybe next to it that to bust into. "i need help dammit and i dont know where to turn to or who to trust right now so if you going to help please do so quickly."
Saytr
suddenly he realizes he is talking to a talking wall and shaking his head he starts to think himself. Am I a little mad or crazy even but why? what is wrong with me why can't i remember who i am where i live or what happen to me. more importantly why are those men after him and he is about to get away when a "talking wall" stops him in his tracks and asks who he is. he just laughs a little and thinks this must be a horrible horrible dream. with that all thought out in his mind he looks up at the wall and just asks" my i pass."
Redjack
The wall chuckles, "You must be the rabbit. Shoo." And with that, a large, troll hand sweeps him around what can only be a massive troll's body. "I'm gonna teach them dogs to stay outa my yard."
Saytr
enveloped in darkness he tries to look around and only sees pitch black. where am i now, what the hell is going on. frag did i just get turned into a meat pop sickle. "help whats going on?" he tries to call out into the darkness and only hears himself echo into the night . " who are you?"
Redjack
The sounds of his pursuers are rapidly working their way down the from whence he came. Even in the darkness he can tell the troll turned to face him. "SHOO!" and then the first of his pursuers round the corner. Of course, he can see none of this, only surmise based upon what he hears. And he hears what sounds like the striking of several troll fists and several men yelling as the chaos unfolds in the darkness.

A gunshot momentarily illuminates the scene. The troll is indeed massive. He has a young man, ganger or the like, by the throat and off the ground. He has a second man, the one holding the gun, by the arm. The light is only momentary and the pitch black quickly swallows the scene.
Saytr
the shouting from the massive being in front of him scares him a step back, awaiting a fist to slam against his side or another hand to wrap around his head and crush his skull. when he hears the sound of the attackers come around the corner the sounds of men grunting and a deep growl from what he can only guess be the massive troll hitting the attackers then the sudden pop of a hand pistal. he senses something familiar about the sound but the flash of light and quick darkness again remind him he is still in great danger, his reflexes he feels suddenly go on edge and realizing the massive being is helping him, he takes the advice and starts to run agian down the alley with a renewed sense of urgency. " I owe you one." he says when he starts to take off

why didnt i help, could i have. realizing he was talking to himself he slaps himself in the side of the head. remember why cant you remember.
Redjack
Stumbling off, through the darkness, he is able to use the wall and his tactile senses to move forward; At this point, any progress is good progress. Behind him are more screams, yelling, gunshots and even the sound of the troll yelling out in pain and rage.

Time is immeasurable; He could have traveled five minutes or two hours through the maze of alleyways. In some places he finds rubble. In other places, the walls are solid. The rain increases to a steady drizzle blotting any possible natural light. If anyone lives around here, they appear not to risk drawing attention by using lights. His head is pounding and the pain in his ribs drive him to distraction.

Eventually he stops to sit in a doorway. It provides shelter from the rain and sitting lessens the various pains assaulting his nervous system. He closes his eyes and takes a deep, calming breath. Then another. Then-
---------
"He's dead Jimmy."

"Nah. The bums sleeping one off."

"What's he got?"

"He's breathing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Dumb ass. Look! He's waking up."

He opens his eyes slowly. An early morning sun provides some hazy light through the moderate cloud cover. Three street urchins are standing, gawking. They appear elementary school age. All are dressed in well worn, probably hand-me-down, clothes.
Saytr
he slowly starts to stand up using the entry way to steadty himself and reaches into his coat "no Jimmy im not dead, far from it.and if you wondering what i have you would do well to tell your friend to run off and not find out." remembering the gun shots and screams assauting his memmory from the last night along with his aching ribs he starts away from the kids and looks for any measure of where he came from and where he is now, hunger also setting in because he couldn't remember when the last time he ate was so he started looking for any type of food joint. he also reaches into his pocket to get a better look at is LTG, seeing if it would maybe turn on long enough to give him a sense of where to go atleast maybe a number to call to get a ride of information about himself. he also needed to find out where home was and how the hell he was goin to get there.

he reaches into his jacket to see what he has on him and to see if he was also bleeding anywhere that might need medical attention. but why would i need medical attention what was i doing?
Redjack
The trio of street children back off to a distance learn safe after a number of years of living on the streets.

Searching his pockets, he finds a comlink; It appears he fell on it and it is not functional. His ribs still ache as does his head. The wound on his head appears to have dried, clotted blood around it. Looking up and down the street, he sees that it is a pretty poor neighborhood. There are several cars in various states of disrepair: One with a hood up, another on blocks, a third and fourth appear to have been in an accident and just abandoned there.

The street is not without signs of life. A pair of cars, each several decades old and in poor states of repair can be seen moving. Up and down the street a dozen people can be seen coming an going. The street itself is comprised of one and two story buildings. Many, many decades ago it was surely either the downtown or right off the downtown of a thriving community. Most building fronts now show no signs of commerce, much less any signs of prosperity.

Two buildings nearby do appear to have some sort of business operating within. The first bears the sign "Lucky Pawn" and the second "Thrift Shop".
Saytr
frustrated that he cant rememeber anything but his the pain in his head and the massive troll that helped him lastnight he makes his way to the Lucky Pawn, they might have a phone he could use to get a hold of someone he might know. the thrift shop would be his next stop. he takes a moment and searches all his pockets looking for any kind of money or anything to barter worth.

as he walks into the Lucky Pawn he scopes out the scene taking in anything of note. "hoi chummer, think you could help me with this?" he pulls out his LTG to show the worker behind the counter hoping they know how to either fix or help him with who he is on his com.
Redjack
Walking into the store, past the iron gate lifted high in the doorway, he sees a tidy store of mismatched shelving and a large counter shaped like an "L". The stocky, short armed man behind the counter watches him enter the store and walk up to the counter. The man behind the counter regarded the broken com for a moment, flipping it over removing the case and inspecting it for a moment before looking back up.

"This is a nice com." The store keeper looks him over. "Tell you what. I'll give you 50 nuyen and forget where I got it."
Saytr
"um how about i just need to fix it, not replace it you know anyone that could help me out or know anyone who could point me in the right direction?" he holds his hand out for the store keeper to give it back waiting for a positive response. he also looks around to see if the man replaces the parts that com holds details to his life that could tell him who he is along with why his head hurt.
Redjack
The store keeper sets the broekn com down. (( Hidden perception test. )) He is pretty sure that nothing was switched.

"Oh and how do you propose that you can pay for that?"
Saytr
"well i suppose if you fix my LTG i will have the ability to transfer the fund necesary to pay the fee plus what ever else you might have that would be of "Interest" he hold his hands up and uses the quote un quote sign with his hands "also i would be willing to maybe throw in a little extra for the urgency of the matter." he starts to fidgit around his pockets looking for anything to pay the shopkeeper weather it be a credstick or actual cash. he had no real way of paying for the fix once it was done but he was hoping the fixed com would open his identity if even for the sake of giving him his name and home address he was willing to take the chance even if it meant pissing off a shop keeper.
Redjack
The storekeeper looks at the com again and then back at him. "Ok. I'll move the sim card to a working com. If you know the system pass-phrase then we'll see what kind of nuyen you have." He turns towards some shelves behind him.
Saytr
he lets the man continue switching the sim cards and what not waiting for the com to come to life and tell him everything he didn't know about himself god he hoped the pass-phrase would jog something of his memory even if it just told him his name that would be a start. if not he would have to figure something else out.
Redjack
He watches the man gather parts together. He is suddenly struck by the realization the the entire platform behind the counter is raised and the store keeper is not a man, but rather a dwarf. His mind brings him back to the inevitable though... He has no idea what his pass-phrase is...
Saytr
"listen chummer, you want to make a deal on this?" he stands there wishing he had even clue as to what the phrase would be maybe he could sweetin the deal a little and talk the man into helping him out after all everyone needed money right. looking to make sure no one is walking in he leans in a little and talks only loud enough for the dwarf to hear " to tell you the truth i don't remember the phrase. I do how ever need the information on it, if you help me out i will give you half of what ever i have on it. i am desperate chummer please" with the last he hold up his hands praying to the little man trying to plead with the man." tell you what i will toss my jacket in to sweeten the deal. just help out would ya." he opens the jacket a little to show it off. he really needed the information on that com, plus the jacket saved him last night but he needed a new look until he found out why people were after him and who he was. he wanted to look as different as possibel until he figured out what the hell was going on.
Redjack
The store keeper smiles as he talks. "I think we have a deal them. Put the jacket down over there-", he says gesturing to the far side of the counter. "This will take a little bit." He then gestures towards a chair.

The dwarf goes to work on the com, first retrieving a few parts then taking a fiber optics cable and connects the com to another com. The dwarf then pulls up a chair and slips back into what must be a V-R coma. After a little over fifteen minutes he sits up. "Well Mr Strobokov, Valery, it does appear that this is in fact your com."

Hearing the name spoken, the dwarf's accent on the name... it is in that moment that he realizes that he is thinking in a different language than they are speaking. But the why still eludes him.

"1600"

As Valery looks to the dwarf, not fully comprehending, the storekeeper continues. "There are sixteen hundred nuyen in certified cred on the com. Half would be eight hundred each." The dwarf rubs his chin, "But just so that you know I am a stand up guy... keep your jacket."
Saytr
"Valery Strobokov" lucky pawn unk time unk part of city
PAN=UNK

Val sits back in the chair reciting the name in his hoping that he wont forget in it in the future. Valery that sounded some what of a different. "thanks chummer" Val stands up slides his coat back on and goes to grab the com from the dwarf "so is this thing operational now or am i still without a PAN? if its F-ed beyond belief can i use your phone to get a cab? " Val thought to himself, agian the language he was thinking in and the one he was speaking sounded so different that he didn't understand why he was doin it but it just felt like it was supposed to be that way. he paid the dwarf the 800 Nuyen"so how do i transfer teh funds with a broken com". glad to have the security of the jacket back on he felt a little akward without it on and little vulnerable. "hey dont suppose i could call you again if i needed a hand fixing something could I" Val thought about it and having atleast one person he could call on again if he needed something fixed in the immediat future he might be able to use the dwarf again in the future.
Redjack
"Its operational. Case is still cracked and there appears to be some corruption in several of the memory chips." The dwarf hands over the com. "The address book and calendar databases are both missing.. Presumably on the destroyed chips. Your SIN is intact and obviously your store of certified cred. I've reset your pass phrase. It will prompt you for a new admin pass phrase. Your matrix access is restored and your PAN online, but the PAN signal is limited to a rating 2 - that will work about a hundred meters."

The dwarf smiles while watching Valery's reaction. "But out here, there aren't many matrix hotspots. I have a wireless uplink and I've validated you to it... but you ain't gonna get a cab 'round here. There are a few local boys who are unlicensed hacks though."

As Valery fumbles with his com, it becomes apparent to the dwarf that the elf has absolutely no proficiency with setting up a com. "Let me just subscribe your nano-trodes." The dwarf makes no movement, but obviously connects to Val's com wirelessly. Suddenly, in his mind's eye, the control interface lights up and prompts for a new admin pass-phrase. Once that is set, Val sees the dwarf's icon moving around in that interface of his mind's eye. His wired-reflex controls and cerebral booster both light up as slaved to the com. The newly created address book has one entry: Stump.

"So what exactly are you doing way out here, with a busted com?"
Saytr
Val sees the icons pop up on his minds eye display and recognizes certain icons the wired reflexes and Reaction boosters all made sense to him sort of how else was he able to run like he was moving so fast last night. his stomach started grumbling then he hadn't eaten for god know how long but he knew it had atleast been maybe eight hours he would stop by the little store accross the streeet before gettin out of the local area. "well Stump?" he says questionably " I.......what the hell, i have no idea. but right now i just want to get the hell home and relax a minute. I think my com got busted by a couple of thugs that some troll referred to as hounds then pummelled there were a few gun shots, one knocked me down but the jacket saved me on that one then i took off to be waken up by three kids thinking i was dead." Val shruggs and laughs a little then starts to fumble with his semi working com to get familiar with it or atleast try to. "Don't suppose you could look me up in the white pages and get me a address could ya? " he smiled at that one then let out a little laugh again"of course you can't what am i thinking" Val suddenly starts rambling to himself about what to do next and how to find his dos so he could try to figure things out and get in contact with anyone who knew who he was and what he was doing in the slums. suddenly he figures if he has internet access he might be able to look himself up or at least find out what city he was in and where. "Thank you Stumps if you could point me in the right direction i will see if i can't get the kids you mentioned to get me a lift out of here. oh and Stump you have helped out more then you know, really i will try to throw business you way anytime. oh do you have a bathroom i would like to clean up a little if i could?" Val anted to take a look at his ribs they were still very very sore and he did not want to walk around a rough hood with broken ribs. "why couldn't i remember my name, a name like Val is something i would remember i mean its my name. why can't i remember where i live that is something else anyone would know."

Val thinks everything over for a minute then turns to Stump again "sorry to put you out but is there anyone you know who is a doctor or know about medicine my ribs are killing me and i need to have them looked at i think?"
Redjack
Stump looks Val over, stopping his gaze at the lump on Val's head before speaking. "Don't know about no gang called the hounds." He reaches his hand out and his icon moves through Val's com, stopping at a filing cabinet. It opens a drawer and pulls out a key ring. "Here are your house keys... not sure where your address is though."

Stump pauses. "That is some bump on the head, isn't it?" He uploads another entry to Val's address book. "Doc Phin runs a free clinic on on a hundred and sixty-eighth. Of course, you won't qualify for free but he won't report your cyberware either. You should also be able to buy a ride over there as well."

As the dwarf is speaking, Valery catches his reflection in a glass cabinet for the first time. His face is coated plastic and metal fibre plates. Looking down, he sees that his hands are the same way. Stump breaks Val's concentration on the plating, "Did you hear me...? I said you have security forces license, but I did a little digging and I think its bogus. It was sponsored by a Romulov Enterprises, but I can't find that as a valid company in the metroplex... So I wouldn't push that too far."

As Val begins moving towards the door, Stump calls out once more. "Don't forget who helped you when you were down."
Saytr
Val rubs his hand accross his cheek feeling the hard fibers woven into his skin and the hard matal plates beneath his skin what happen to me who did this and why? for what purpose would anyone want to look like this? all these thoughts again ran through his mind "Stump, you know a lot about a lot around here don't you?" Val started to think why leave this area he needed to find out who he was and why anyone would want to hunt him down what better place to start then in the area he woke up in, he needed answers and this was better then any to start looking for them."The guy that helped me last night was huge i thought he was a wall when i ran into him. dont suppose you know anyone around here that large do you?" Val started to remember the night before the troll called him rabbit, why would he call me that unless he knew him or maybe he referred to everyone as small fuzzy animals he didnt know but he would like to have that guy around again if he ran into who ever made that bump on his head. "Stump you know anyone around that could let me earn some cash doing what ever till i get my feet back under me. i need to find out a lot of information and i don't think 800 isn't goin to be enough for me to find out. and dont worry this is one day i am never going to forget...... i hope/"
Redjack
"There are a number of trolls around here. Most don't venture out at night... Might be Zeek. He's a southern redneck; Not scared of much anything." Stump listens as Val continues to talk. "You're definitely wired up pretty strong. I don't know of any work right now, but I've got your LTG. I'll let you know."
Saytr
Val tries to remember if the troll had a southern accent what would a southern troll sound like? "Thanks Stump I really appreciate the help, if you ever need anything please seek me out. Just point me toward one of those Hacks you were talking about and ill go see that doctor you mentioned." Val makes a note about the stores apearance and location of the Lucky Pawn on his com. I need to know what I was doing and why i am "Wired up"
Redjack
American accents are so hard to tell apart; The troll could have had a southern accent. Who could tell?

The dwarf is shaking his head. "I said Doc Phin on a hundred and sixty-eighth." He points out the side of the store. "Three blocks that way then one block to the left. There'll be a stuffer shack another block past if you can't locate a ride there."
Saytr
Val makes a mental note of the instructions then repeats them in his head a few times. "Doc Phin.... got it. Thanks agiain Stump. I dont think you know how much you really helped me out." Val starts to make his way accross the street to get a quick bite to eat then figured after he satisfied his growling stomach he would make his way to Doc Phins Place to get a look at the bump on his head and see why his face looked and feeled like a robot. Val starts to look through his LTG for anything inside his LTG that might jog a little of his memory.
Redjack
Val heads out and down the street. One block and then another and another. He passes a number of people. Most people take no notice of him, several give him a wide berth. The area is depressed; Depressing. Two out of every three buildings appear abandoned; All appear in need of repair.

He takes a left onto the appointed street and walks on. He passes the free clinic and proceeds on to the stuffer shack, Dave's Quicky-Mart. Dave's is set up in your typical stuffer shack format with a large parking lot. Dave's seems like the hub of the area. A few cars are in the parking lot, but it is far from empty. People of all types are mulling around. They are talking, laughing, gossiping and even doing a little dealing.

As he reaches the doors, there are a pair of orks watching over those coming and going. They appear to be keeping kids and some others from entering. They give Val a once over visually, but say nothing as the elf passes through the doorway. The shelves are not full, but neither are they barren rather falling somewhere in between with all the product labels being obviously of the generic varieties. A number of coolers line the back wall, contained within are cheap microwavable food products and knock-off brand drinks.

A couple of microwavable burritos cost more than they should, but at this point beggars can't be choosers. One burrito down and another in his hand, he heads out the doors after paying and towards Dr Phin's. He makes it about a third of the way across the lot before a middle-aged, well-used woman inquires in her best seductive voice, "Looking for a party?"
Saytr
Val gives the Women a once over seeing the run in her nylons JBF'ed hair and slightly smeared lip stick Val gives her a puzzled look "um, no thanks i have somewhere i need to be" with a puzzled look on his face he continues on to Doc Phins place to see about his bump and maybe get a few other answers. Why would i be looking for a party? he looked over his shoulder at the girl making sure she wasn't up to anything bad he had three kids looking at stealing his stuff already he couldn't be to trusting of everyone down here. it looked to be a bad place to be, he started to thank his lucky stars he ran into the dwarf Stump instead of that women she would have proabably took everything he had.
Redjack
As Val rebuffs the woman's proposal she calls out after him, "We have boys if you like them instead?" As he continues to ignore her she calls out "Queer" as a parting slur. Val's desire, or not, to reply quickly moves down the priority list as he notes a pair of teens (on human, one orc) moving to intercept him.

"That looks a lot like my jacket" The orc says. "I'm willing to ignore the fact you have it, if you just hand it over now."
Saytr
Val try's to act tough and keep his calm to the teen orc." You know who your messing with? move or there will be trouble." kind of hoping that they did, not knowing exactly how he would get himself out of this one he side steps to keep the women and two youngsters in sight keeping a eye to see if they start to pull any weapons. if they did he would jump fast and try to disarm them.
Redjack
Each thug takes a step to flank Val, the ork raising his fist and the human tucking like he's moving to tackle. Val feels his electrified reflexes kick in and the boys seem to be moving in slow motion.

(( Your action ))
Saytr
Val amazed at how slow time seemed to be moving side steps to avoid the tackle from the sloat moving human and slam his closed palm against the back of the humans neck for his first initial attack. wow these guys are slow for talking so big. i really dont have time for this i need to get to the doctor, favoring his side which still hurt and his head still made him a little dizzy, he wanted this to be over as fast as possible.
Redjack
Val steps to the side as the two punks charge. His spinning head and throbbing ribs are a definite factor pulling him down. Val's fist closes in on the human... and misses. The punk is street-wise and this is his game. To the contrary, while Val feels like he's moving on air due to his augmented grace and speed, the strike felt unnatural to him; forced. The ork's fist closes towards Val's nose as the human twists away from Val's fist.
Redjack
Val shifts, but instead of moving away from the hit, he moves right into it and takes it right on the nose. The shock buckles his knees and drops the elf straight to his butt.
Saytr
dazed and rattled from the blast to his face Val sending him straight to the ground sensing it to be more dangerous on the ground with with his head and vision all fuzzy he tries to roll with the impact of the fist to his face, coming to the terms that these guys are still to much for him in his state he decides to instead go on a full defensiveattemping to dodge away from and further attacks until a chance arises to make a break for it and maybe out run these guys and lose them.
Redjack
As Val spins back up to a standing position and begins to vault away from the duo. Something about both the transition to his feet and kicking off as if from starter blocks, feel comfortable to him. His muscles not only respond to his commands, but the motions feel reflexive as opposed to forced; Quite the opposite to his physical encounter with the duo.
Saytr
feeling the familiarity with the motion almost takes away Vals attention from the duo but not completely he notices they are far from done with trying to get his jacket and sensing he it worked the night before he decided to make a run for it and hope they didnt give chase or tried and the big fools get tired and give up the chase. he had to make it to Doc Phins before he ran into any more trouble he needed to know what happend the night before and why he couldn't remember, well anything.
Redjack
Taking off at a full sprint, Val's head is spinning from the Ork's massive fist. Clumsily he runs, dodging people and out of the parking lot. The duo chase him for a few seconds before giving up. Val's lungs and head both throb from the effort, but that seems a small price versus a beat down from the duo.

"You better run! Next time you come around there'll be a beatin' in it for you!"

The doors of the clinic are a welcome reprieve from the events of the past twelve hours. He can feel his left eye beginning to swell as he walks up to the receptionist. The middle-aged ork woman looks him over and shakes her head. "Appointment? No, of course not. Fill this out. In AR, she passes over a form.

There are about a dozen people in the clinic, two-thirds of them children, half of them ork. Val is the only elf in the room.
Saytr
Thinking the women rude and very impolite Val thought maybe the two thugs and her might be friends, smiling at that the orc did hit pretty hard he didnt hope all these orcs in the room liked his jacket as well.I hope the Doc Phin guy doesn't have anything against me i don't exactly fit it Val sits down and puts his info into the AR form some of the questions on the form seem silly to him"what is the nature of your visit?" why else would some one be here they are hurt its a clinic people didn't come here for nothing. looking around he noticed the orcs were eyeing him a little every now and then catching stares from all around the room, feeling a little unsettling after filling out the form he walks back up to the receptionist and transfers the Form back to her via wireless transfer. Val leans in a little to keep his voice no more then a private conversation between the gal at the counter and himself " Don't suppose you know Stump do you? this is kind of a emergency and he recommended Doc Phin to me on a whim, I need to see the Doc ASAP, please it is a emergency?" Val's had a accent when he was tired that he didnt recognize from before it just kind of slipped out when he was tired or maybe from being hit in the head he didn't know all he knew was he needed to see someone stat.

Redjack
The ork woman looks Val over. "You can pay?" she asks, hesitating only a moment before perking up ever so slightly before gesturing towards a door at Val's left. "Through there."

He steps through the door and out of the glaring eyes in the room. Beyond the door he stands for thirty seconds or so in a hallway before the ork woman rounds a corner. "Priority services are fifty nuyen upfront plus time and materials on the back end. You can pay that? What's wrong with you? Gunshot somewhere?" She starts looking for more than the swelling eye, but it is obvious the long armor jacket covers most of the rest of his body effectively.
Saytr
Val looks at her and transfers the 50 nuyen to her via wireless. Val tightens the armor jacket in the front "are you the doctor....i think ill let him figure out whats wrong with me?" he looks around the hall "which door is the Doc?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012