Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Cynthia & Jeremiah
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 11:24, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Sophie's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #724

Cynthia asks Sandy "Ready to get those dresses? Since we'll just have to cross the street, we may as well start with that I suppose. And I'll get a few hours to get used to the idea...", while she checks on the side the admission process and requirements for Matrix and Astrophysics fields, and more precisely how she can graduate faster than normal: at least in the Matrix department, she's far from a beginner.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

Oops, sorry, French word. It's admission indeed, I fixed that.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1125- Sophie's Cajun Town Seattle

Sandy nods and stands, reaching for a credstick but puts it away when Tanya motions for her to do so. "My treat, please."

Steve rises as well and looks at the others. "Do we meet somewhere before showing up and how do we get the invitations?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 11:24, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Sophie's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #725

Cynthia looks at Steve to answer "You'll just have to give your names once there. Or Charles Dewey anyway. I can put your names on the list, but I can't provide the invitations themselves. Just pretend your dunce of a boyfriend forgot them or something." She smirks, looking at Spokane, then stands up.

Looking at Sandy, she motions to the door "Let's go to the antechamber of hell...". With a nod of greetings to the others, she walks to the exit herself, to look for the shop where she will get her first dress since... Well, not long enough. After a small pause in front of the door, to gather her courage, she pushes the door open and enters.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1128- Renee LeSalle's Cajun Town Seattle

The shops windows display some of the work of the proprietress and the inside is even worse. Several shelves hold bolts of cloth and there are a few dresses on display inside, along with an assortment of needles, threads, and other sewing paraphernalia. You do not see anyone in the front of the shop but a small bell above the door tinkles as you enter the shop alerting anyone in the back. There is some rustling and a woman that you would guess is middle-aged comes through an open door located behind the counter. She is dressed in the same sort of period clothing the other inhabitants of this tourist trap are wearing. She looks at you with twinkling eyes as she leans against the counter. "Yes, my dears. How may I help the two of you?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 11:28, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renee LeSalle's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #726

On the way to the counter, Cynthia stopped a few times to feel the fabric of some of the exposed dresses, thinking, almost despite herself, that wearing something so soft probably wouldn't be unpleasant once in a while. When talked too, she shook herself and her expression returned to a neutral state. After a second, she answered "I kinda hope you can't but..." She shrugged "We're invited to a gala tonight. One filled with rich old leechers and bimbos with more breasts than brain. Problem is, we don't have anything to wear for things like that." she snorted lightly, glancing to Sandy with a half smile "Or at all for that matter, but one thing at a time..."

After a small pause, she added "So we're looking for two evening dresses I suppose. Not something too..." she made a few gestures with her hand, as if it explained anything "Too much. For me anyway."
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1130- Renee LeSalle's Cajun Town Seattle

The bolts of fabric you touch on the way to the counter are of different grades of softness and texture. Some are just ho-hum and so-so, but a couple of the bolts actually keep your attention for a few seconds as you run your hand across them. The woman at the counter looks at you over her glasses and smiles when you motion with your hands. "I take it that you are not looking to expose too much skin, then?" She nods to you. "Very sensible and so uncommon in a girl of your beauty. I think there is too much willingness to show everything at the first glance. In my opinion, a pretty girl should let the dress do the talking, not the skin. Let the man wonder at what is hidden; not show it all off as soon as you take your coat off. Now, do you have any idea of style or color or type of material? If not, I can show you some things that I have that might not take too long to fix up. Might I be a bit impertinent and ask if you have a budget for this?"

Sandy, clearly at a loss of how to treat the woman, simply hands the credstick over. Renee slots it to a small receptacle in the counter and smiles. "Oh, my. Well, I dare say I can do you up right nice for what is on here. Please come on back to my dressing rooms and I will see what I can do for the pair of you."

She gives the stick back to Sandy then turns and motions for you to come around the counter and follow her into the back rooms. Sandy looks at you and shrugs her shoulders
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 11:30, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renee LeSalle's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #727

Up to the day before, Cynthia had been pretty average as far as looks go, and mostly fine with it. When the owner made comments about her supposed beauty, Cynthia just snorted, clearly not believing it. If convinced to look long enough in a mirror, she might be able to see it, but for now, the only thing she noticed were the pointy ears and other associated changes. After a small pause, she added "I don't care what men - or women for that matter - think of me, particularly if I don't know them. And if I do..." She seemed to consider the question for a moment, then shrugged "Depends who they are I suppose... Anyway, I just want to look like I belong there, I don't want to make an impression." Of course, given her new looks, there's no way she won't, even dressed in the simplest and cheapest dress ever. But that's something she hadn't realised yet.

She glanced at the credstick, an eyebrow cocked, and asked Sandy "Tanya?" she shook her head then, and shrugged, looking back at the woman "So you're right, I don't wan't to expose too much skin." With a wry smile, glancing at her chest, she added "Not that there's much to show anyway." from her tone, it was pretty obvious she didn't seem to mind at all, and was in fact perfectly fine with what she had. Looking at Sandy, whose curves were more defined though still nothing impressive, she amended "But I only speak for myself."

"Anyway." she paused, looking back into the shop, then shrugged "I made sure I didn't know the first thing about fabrics, dresses, and fashion in general. So as long as it's soft and comfortable... I know you're supposed to match the colour of the clothes to the hair and eyes and that there are big no-no with hair like mine, but I have no idea how it works so... Pick whatever you feel is best..." she seemed a bit hesitant there. In fact, she was pretty sure that alone, she would have balked and gone away, to find a way around the gala. When Sandy looked at her, she seemed to find some courage and nodded, following the woman.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1140- Renee LeSalle's Cajun Town Seattle

The woman takes you into a back room where you see three other women in ages varying from perhaps fifteen or sixteen to a bit older than Renee herself. In the next ten minutes, Renee has you remove your outer clothes and stand on some sort of lazy susan device, where she takes your measurements and looks at you from several angles. She speaks rapidly in the same sort of French patois that you have heard Sophie use and the other three women gather materials for her. First are some bolts of cloth of varying color and pattern; most of which she dismisses with a wave of the hand, but she finally settles on two that she smiles about. She says something else and the young woman brings over some material and Renee holds it against your body then tells you to feel it with your hands. "There is nothing like the feel of real silk against a woman's body. There are many newer, man made cloths, but nothing has yet been made that compares to real silk from the spider. Here, touch. Feel. Imagine the way it moves with you and gives you a special femininity."

As you remove your clothing you hear a small sigh from Sandy but getting into the camisole and underwear are a chief priority. The silk feels exquisite and almost alive in your hand. Renee smiles at your reaction and gives the material back to the girl, who she calls Madeline, then takes up a camisole and underwear. She tells you to remove your bra and panties and gives you the silk garments she is holding. The sensation of wearing what she gives you is strange, but quite pleasant. She steps back and looks at you with her held tilted to one side and nods. "Yes, I can do this for you. I think that you will be pleased. You will definitely look like you belong there."

She motions for you to step off of the spinner and for Sandy to take your place. Surprisingly, Sandy's face reddens a bit as she undresses and gets the same treatment that you got at Renee's hands. Her face gets even redder when she takes her bra and panties off and puts the silk things on, but she does comment on how nice they feel on her skin. She seems quite happy when she is told to step down and get dressed. Renee says some things to her subordinates then motions for the two of you to follow her back to the front of the shop. When you are back on the other side of the counter, she leans against it. "And what time today do you want to take delivery? It will take a few hours to finish these gowns, but I can try to have them done for your event."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 11:40, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renee LeSalle's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #728

When asked to remove her outer clothes, Cynthia blushes a bit. The reason was made clear quite fast: she was simply not wearing a bra. It was not something she really needed and since it was more troublesome than anything, she often didn't bother with those. She didn't seem that uncomfortable though, or at least it was not caused by her nudity, especially considering there were only women in the room.

Some of that discomfort went away as she was feeling the silk against her skin. Outside of artificial fabrics, she didn't get to feel much. And, to be honest, didn't really bother to try. Now... Well... It was a nice feeling. When asked to remove her panties - pretty simple ones with a small knot on the front - however, she hesitated for a second before shrugging. All women after all. She already said she came out of the change in the night with not a single hair on her legs, but it was not the only place where there were none, her skin was silky smooth all over. When she put the underwear on, she seemed to feel some relief before any enjoyment. That came a bit later, even if it wasn't anything particularly noticeable. For a couple of seconds, she considered that maybe, since she had to buy a complete new wardrobe...maybe she should pay more attention to what was in it...

She was considering that when asked to remove them and get back her clothes. She nodded and did so before stepping down, looking at Sandy getting the same treatment, smiling lightly in amusement when she noticed the red on her cheeks. Back on the other side of the counter, she seemed to hesitate a bit "I'm not exactly sure at what time we're supposed to be there, but I suppose we can be plan on 8pm, so...would 7pm be alright?" She frowns and grimaces "Or maybe a bit before that? I suppose we'll have to take care of our hair once we have the dresses on... Will that be enough?"

Once a time had been agreed upon, Cynthia seemed to hesitate a bit before asking "On another subject... I have to buy a complete new wardrobe due to...err...well...a couple of reasons." Absent-mindedly, she rubs the tip of her ear before continuing "So, erm... Would you agree to take care of it?" She looks at Sandy "That would be true for the both of us in fact, so if you want? I'll pay for it, no worries."

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

In the last errata, the number of starting Complex Forms is increased by two. Since I'm not really interested in the CF I don't have, I'll just refund that in karma. With that plus the karma I have available, I'll get Etiquette, Con and Negotiation at 2.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1213- Renee LeSalle's Cajun Town Seattle

Renee shakes her head. "No, we will need a bit more time than that. Please show up at six and I will have someone here to do your hair as well." When asked about a wardrobe, the woman nods. "I can do that, but you will need to tell me what you think you will want in this wardrobe. I think that your figure would look very nice in some of my dresses, but do you want anything else besides?"

Sandy gives you an odd look when you include her. "Thank you, Cynthia, for offering to help. I appreciate that since just about all I have is tied up in my toys. Say, do we need to get that van back or can we call them to extend the rental?"

Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:13, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renee LeSalle's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #729

"Six?" She paused, thinking of her rather full agenda, then nodded "Alright, I suppose we can work with that." She then tapped her lips with her fingers, glancing from time to time at some of the dresses in the room. She had to admit - though she would never do so out loud - that her dislike of such clothes came as a reaction to her mother who wanted to play doll more than anything else. And the silk was kinda nice "A couple of dresses won't kill me. Probably... But nothing too fancy please." she glanced back at the dresses, and a bit bashfully added "Though I have nothing against silk..." she continued a bit hurriedly "And I'd need pretty much everything, from head to toe, including underwear. The only things I have to wear I'm currently wearing, and as you can see, it doesn't fit too well... Not many bras though, it's not really useful and I rather enjoy the freedom of not having to wear one. Other than that..." she shrugged "I'm more a jean, t-shirt and hoodie kinda girl, but... Well... I suppose I can try something else..." with a small grimace, once again rubbing the tip of her ear without realising it, she added "It wouldn't be the biggest change of the week anyway... You have the measures, and I think I could do worse than trust you, especially considering that I don't know anything about all that. Maybe you have something I can take right now to replace what I'm currently wearing?" she looked at the ceiling and mumbled "I wonder what would surprise my mother more..." As an afterthought, she added "I'd need running clothes, but I'll get that Downtown I suppose. Oh, and shoes..." she glances at those she's wearing, and grimaces "Almost forgot that. Do you have anyone to recommend?"

After a couple of seconds, she shook her head and answered Sandy with a slight shrug, almost embarrassed "I can easily afford it so don't worry about it and get what you need." She wondered briefly what that odd look meant, then continued "And the rental is good until Sunday evening. I suppose we could extend that if we need to, but it's not urgent no?"
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1216- Renee LeSalle's Cajun Town Seattle

Renee nods. "I understand, Miss Cynthia. Leave it to me and I think you will be pleased. I do have something that you can wear away that will fit better after a few minutes of alterations. Can you wait here for that?" She looks over the counter at your shoes and waves her hands. "Yes, I had noticed that. If you have some time, Renaud does very good work. His shop is just four down from here in that direction."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:16, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renee LeSalle's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #730

Cynthia nodded "I can wait a few minutes yes." she glanced at the indicated direction, as if she could see the shop "Renaud? I'll have to take the time anyway, it would be stupid to have a nice dress and wear those shoes so... What colour should I ask," she paused, glancing at Sandy, and amended "should we ask for our shoes to go with the dresses?"

As the woman busied herself to prepare a set of clothes Cynthia could wear for the day, she checked a few things online, trying to decide what she had the time for considering the gala - and everything that went with it - as well as her appointment at three, and what should wait for the day after. Assuming she was released fast enough from the clinic anyway. Her admission in the University was nothing urgent but something she really wanted to do now that she had decided on it. As for her SIN update... Well, that's something she didn't want to do, at all, but something she really had too, the faster the better. Who knew the kind of troubles she could get into otherwise... In addition to all that, she checked her messages, to see if Tanya had sent news about a doctor's appointment. Not something she really had to do, not something she really wanted to do, but she would probably feel a bit better after that. Hopefully.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1216- Renee LeSalle's Cajun Town Seattle

Renee looks up from what she is doing. "If you are going there, I will send him a list of the colors of your clothes. The shoes should match or otherwise compliment what you are wearing. He will see to you quite well."

OOC:

Was the doctor supposed to see you on Thursday? I though it was Friday.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:16, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renee LeSalle's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #731

Cynthia nodded "Oh, ok. That works I guess." she frowned, then asked "Do you need a front payment for all that?" Once the details have been agreed upon, Cynthia thanks Renee and gives her commcode "In case you need anything." Looking at Sandy, she asked "Anything else to see here or we can take care of our feet next?" She stopped then, and grimaced "Err... Except for the clothes I have to get right now that is... Almost forgot those..."

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

The clinic appointment (for the implants) is on Friday, here it was just for a post-UGE check-up.
Stuttrboy

When Spokane and Steve are done eating and everyone is heading out he pays and thanks the waitress. So let's go get that monkey suit. Do you know where you are going to get your dress?

~~OOC~~
Sorry for not posting much. RL is intruding a lot recently.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1230- Renee LeSalle's Cajun Town Seattle

Renee smiles and nods. Just then the older of her assistants come from the back and hands her a calf-length skirt and a blouse. Renee nods and thanks her assistant before holding the clothing up to you. "I think that these will do quite nicely for you, Miss Cynthia. Try them on. There is a dressing room just over there."

The clothing feels nice against your skin and fits you very well. The look is a bit retro and would fit more in this town than out in the greater sprawl, but it seems to be well made ind is very comfortable.

Thursday June 13th, 2075 1145- Sophie's Cajun Town Seattle

Steve nods as she stands up. "I know just the place. He can probably fit you for the tux as well."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:30, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renee LeSalle's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #732

Cynthia took the clothes with a nod of thanks, but looking a bit dubious. She had no problem with the blouse - though it was a far cry from the t-shirts she had been used too - but a skirt... It was the middle of June, so the temperature wouldn't be a problem, but she already envisioned plenty of occasions were she forgot to sit correctly. Good thing it was calf-length, at least she wouldn't be flashing anything... She shook her head to clear her thoughts and headed to the dressing room with the skirt and blouse.

She came back out barely a minute later, feeling a bit out of place. The fabric was soft, and it did feel nice on her skin. In fact, she wondered for a second if maybe her skin had become more sensitive of it was just a combination of her imagination and the softness of the clothes. But she was far from used to wearing this kind of things and it felt weird. She tied her hair in a loose ponytail, grimacing as she lifted her foot "Another good reason to get new shoes..."

She then looked at Renee and Sandy, looking a bit shy, unsure of what to do with her hands since she couldn't put them in her pockets since there were none. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she asked "It's... alright? I guess?" From the way she behaved, it wasn't exactly clear if she meant only the clothes or her whole new look, pointy ears included. For the first time, despite what some would call a "lack of curves" she looked like a young woman instead of "probably a girl" and the result was impressive. There may be something lacking though. Maybe not make-up - she could probably make others jealous like that - but a few accessories, like earrings, a necklace and maybe a bracelet or a watch.

The elf-thing had probably been what one would call a major change but coupled with the new clothes, Cynthia now looked like she belonged in the high reaches of society instead of a shut-in nerd. Something that was bound to induce quite a bit of problems since while her looks had changed, her behaviour and thinking process were probably lagging behind.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1233- Renee LeSalle's Cajun Town Seattle

Renee nods at you and comes over. "No, dear, you are too used to pants. Don't flail your arms about so much. This skirt had pockets but they are just not in quite the same position as on trousers. Here.....and here. See? And don't put your whole hand in them, Miss Cynthia. You should always leave your forefinger out at least, like this." She reaches for your hand and guides it to the pockets and positions your hand as she has described. She then turns you to a mirror and shows you the difference. The effect is striking, making you look quite a bit more sophisticated. She puts your entire hand in the pocket and your shoulders slouch a bit and change the way you present your body. "See what I mean? Now, of course, if you want................"

She is interrupted by sounds of running and the tinkling of the bell over the door as Sandy gasps and runs out of the shop. At your worried look, Renee gives a tsk. "Poor girl. I did think so, you know. Well, no helping it, I suppose. Now, there you are. Would you like me to bag up your old things for you, dear? Oh, and you might want to stop in at Mama Lini's, up the street towards the entrance, when you are through with Renaud. I think that your new clothes need a slight bit of adornment. Not too much, though. And Mama Lini has some very nice things in her shop. Now, I know you are a modern girl and probably don't give that Voodoo any second thought. And quite right, too, in this case, I should think. Lots of hoo rah in my opinion. But she does have some nice jewelry. Now back at six, mind."

With that, Renee steps back behind the counter. She holds up your things and a small cloth sack and motions as if she could put the clothes you had been wearing into the sack.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:33, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renee LeSalle's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #733

Cynthia let Renee do her thing with her hands, still a bit weirded out by all that. It seemed a bit unreal, like she had just woken up from a weird dream, and it clung to her "Forefinger out, alright..."

She followed with her eyes Sandy exiting the shop, nodding absent-mindedly as Renee talked "You thought so? Is she sick?" suddenly, thinking back to what was just said, she focused back "Mama Lini?" She squinted her eyes "Oh, yeah, I definitely have to see her..." Not exactly for jewellery no. More about human-devouring spirits... Best not mention that titbit though...

Taking the offered sack, she nodded "I'll be back at six, yes. Thanks." With a small smile of thanks, she exited the shop to look for Sandy. Once she found her - cheating a bit by looking at her 'link if need be - she asked a bit worried "Are you alright? I'm pretty sure this elf-thing is not catchable but if you're not feeling well... Do you need to lie down?"
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1235- Renee LeSalle's Cajun Town Seattle

Taking the sack, you leave the building and find Sandy outside, leaning against one of the poles holding up the overhanging roof. She is looking away from you but shakes her head at your questions. "No, no. I will be fine. I guess I just had to get some air." She turns to face you. "You look very nice in that. It suits you, somehow. So, shoes next?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:35, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Streets, Cajun Town, Seattle] #734

Cynthia seemed a bit hesitant to accept Sandy's explanation. While she didn't understand, she felt quite sure it was more than just a need to get fresh air. First, she acknowledged the compliment with a shy smile "Thanks... You were quite nice in that dress yourself." Fearing she may just have insulted Sandy, she hurriedly adds "Not that you don't right now, I mean, it's nice too."

She nodded, answering the question then "Yes, shoes. For you too since I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to wear a dress with those boots of yours." she squinted, and added "We'll have to see someone else on the way out. Possibly about some jewellery which is supposed to be a must have apparently, and definitely about man-eating spirits." she rubbed her chin, wondering out loud "Maybe we should try to see that dude who is supposed have a house available after that. I don't know the fishing hours but we wouldn't lose much by trying now, so..."

She then walked a moment in silence, but was finally unable to refrain from asking "Are you sure everything is alright? I mean, I can be a bit slow sometimes but... Well..." she shrugged "It seemed a bit more than a need to get fresh air." she paused, clearly unsure of what to say next, before adding "I guess what I'm saying is if you want to talk, at the very least I can listen." at that, she looked Sandy in the eyes, trying to express her sincerity...and completely unaware of the effect it could have on the other girl.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1237- Cajun Town Seattle

Sandy nods her head at your ideas. "You think there is someone here who can tell us something about those men and the monster dogs? I still get the shivers just thinking about them." She goes quiet when you mention the house and then stops walking when you ask how she is doing. She steps away from you a couple of steps when you look her in the eye, and looks away for perhaps three seconds before turning back to face you. "OK, truth time, right? And try not to laugh, because it sounds a bit far out there for me so it will probably be a riot for you." Sandy takes a deep breath. "The thing is, I like you. A lot. A whole lot. You brighten the room when you walk in. I want to reach out and make all your hurts go away. I want...............frag, I want you." She motions to you and waves her hands up and down. "This body, shell, form, whatever you want to call it, does not make any difference. It is still you on the inside. And that you is very important to me."

Sandy stops talking for a second. "So there it is. I was afraid to say anything because I did not, do not want you to either withdraw or send me away. But I could not stand it. You are so pretty and so smart. A bit rough around the edges, but that is just a thing. And then you dressed like this and.....and.....and I needed some air before I started to maul you right there in the dress store."

She stops talking again, only this time the silence goes on as she waits for some sort of reaction from you.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:37, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Streets, Cajun Town, Seattle] #735

To say that Cynthia was surprised would be quite the understatement. In part because she didn't expect anyone to like her - she didn't go out of her way to please anyone after all - but probably mostly because she hadn't wanted to see. Now that it was on the table, it was pretty obvious though...

She opened and closed her mouth a few times, knowing she had to answer to that, but completely unable to find what to say. Finally, she managed to produce a sound "Oh." She grimaced then, perfectly aware that she had to say more. Breathing in to calm herself and order her thoughts, she added "You're right, it is...well...surprising. I should have seen it but..." She shrugged, embarrassed. For a couple of seconds, she looked away, then back at Sandy "I'm... I can't promise it won't change things, because...well...I don't know... But I won't send you away. Or withdraw, I suppose?" She seemed to think about that for a moment, then shook her head, focusing back on the problem at hand "But with so many things changing... Maybe we should... I don't know... Wait a bit?" Hurriedly, she added "It's not a 'wait until she goes away' kind of wait just..." she waved her hand lamely, trying to express what she thought and failing miserably "What I mean is, all of this is so sudden..." With a slight amused smile, she added "If it can reassure you, I'm not less interested in girls than in boys, and you're a rather nice specimen of girl yourself." The smile faded slowly as she looked away "But..." She shifted a few times on her feet, red colouring her cheeks - a bit more than they already were - from embarrassment "I've never been interested, period... I didn't pay attention to any of that stuff, so... Well... I've never had a boyfriend. Or girlfriend. I've never dated or kissed anyone. I don't even know..." she stopped, unable to say more, though it's pretty obvious she was about to say she didn't even know how to do it.

She paused, looking away, deep in thoughts, calming down and her cheeks taking back their natural colour. No matter what was still in store, that day was bound to be one of the most important of her life. So many things had changed, including her promise to never wear a dress again. If that could change... A day before, she probably would have simply rejected Sandy. A week before, she simply wouldn't even have considered anything else. But today... Today was different. She felt different, as if doors long left closed were now opening. After maybe a minute, she looked back at Sandy, her gaze landing briefly on her lips. Tentatively, blushing anew, she asked "Maybe...You can show me?"

She seemed pretty vulnerable then, as if anyone could break her in half. She wasn't exactly weak, as evidenced a few minutes earlier when she stood naked: her muscles, results of her morning runs, had been clearly visible. It was however a musculature a bit like the one of a dancer, not something that gave a lot of strength, but agility and endurance, resulting in a lithe build. She wouldn't have given such a feeling the day before however. Then, she probably would have just been a young girl a bit unsure of herself.
Maybe because of the current situation, something to do with her elven appearance, her new found - and rather remarkable - femininity, or, more probably, a combination of all those factors, she seemed pretty fragile now that she had opened up at least a little.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1237- Cajun Town Seattle

Sandy's eyes go wide and she hesitates a moment then steps in closer and gently puts a hand to the side of your face and leans in to kiss you. The kiss is soft and warm against your lips. It does not bring fireworks, but there is definitely something in it, some sort of spark that starts at your lips and ends in your groin, as if there were a direct connection. She breaks the kiss after a few moments that seem to last much longer. "OK. I would officially put that in the wow category for me. So what do you think? Anything there and would you like to try it some more?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:37, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Streets, Cajun Town, Seattle] #736

Cynthia touched her lips with the tip of her fingers, her other hand on her belly, her eyes unfocused. From the look of it, the red on her cheeks seemed to be a permanent addition now. After a moment, she blinked a few times, focusing back on Sandy "I..." she smiled lightly then, a smile full of wonder, and nodded "I think so, yes... Probably. I mean... Definitely..."

Looking around, she lowered her head. Were she not already blushing, she probably would have then "But err... Later? Like, not in the middle of the street?" Her smile slipped a little as she added "And... Let's take things slow, alright?" Despite what she just said, she felt almost eager. She knew it had been the simplest of kiss. She was not completely innocent after all, so with no tongue involved... Just thinking about it, she felt some parts of her body tightening in anticipation. She looked at the sky for a moment, then her eyes twinkling, she looked back at Sandy "I suppose I could let you convince me to hold hands though." She seemed to hesitate for a second, asking a bit unsure "Unless you think that's too cliché or childish?" Looking away, deliberately so, she added in a lower tone, almost impossible to catch "And maybe a kiss or two..."
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1238- Cajun Town Seattle

Sandy smiles and nods. "Yes, going slow is a good plan. I am very interested in holding hands and seeing where this goes over time." She holds out a hand to see if you will take it. "Shoes?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:38, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Streets, Cajun Town, Seattle] #737

Cynthia looked at Sandy's hand for a second. Not because she hesitated; after all, she was the one who proposed it. No, simply as a way to enjoy the moment. She looked at her own smallish hands and their long slim fingers (relatively anyway), then back at Sandy's, and took it tentatively, marveling at the sensation of this rather banal act. After a moment, she looked back at Sandy, a bit confused as if caught off guard "Shoes? Oh, yes, shoes." she nodded then, starting to walk in silence in the direction of the nearby shop.

Her first steps didn't feel quite natural. She hadn't held hands with anyone since... Well, too long to remember, maybe as far back as kindergarten. She quickly got used to it though: it's not like it required a specific set of skills after all, especially considering that their heights were roughly the same. She was barely starting to enjoy the sensations and the whole situation itself when they reached their destination.

She dropped Sandy's hands a bit reluctantly then, not because she didn't want to be seen (something that didn't even enter her mind), but simply to push open the door and enter the shop. As she did so, she seemed to change. While she looked sweet and vulnerable just a few seconds ago, she now seemed a lot more in control, knowing perfectly what she wanted and not taking no for an answer. It wasn't anything she did consciously, but rather a slight change in posture and in the way she looked at things or other people, her iron will appearing to infuse her whole being. The sweetness and apparent vulnerability weren't far below the surface though, as evidenced when she glanced back at Sandy with a smile.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1239- Cajun Town Seattle

As you take Sandy's hand, she sighs audibly. "I hope that you do not mind me saying that this feels very nice." She walks with you down the street in the direction Renee had indicated and you quickly come to a shop that has to be the place, even though there is no sign over the door. To be precise, it looks like there used to be a sign there but the chains that had held it seem to have rusted through and not been replaced.

Inside, the shop smells of leather and shoe oils. A slight, rhythmic tapping can be heard and you see an older man sitting on a chair and using a small hammer to put nails into a shoe sole. When he looks up at you, he looks to be about eighty, if that young. His eyes twinkle, though and he puts the shoe down and rises, wiping his hands on the leather apron he is wearing. Coming forward, he reaches out a hand. "I know you. Or at least I have heard of you. Miss Cynthia, isn't it? And.......?"

"Sandy, please."

The man nods. "And Miss Sandy. Yes. So, are you here for shoes or dating advice? I have lots of experience in both, if you are interested. The advice is free, but the shoes have a price."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:39, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renaud's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #738

Cynthia looked around the shop quite curious, not really expecting something like that. Of course, if asked to describe what she we as expecting, she would have been hard pressed to find an answer. It was assuredly not this though. She took the offered hand, a bit surprised that the old man knew her name, and nodded in confirmation. At the question about shoes or dating advice, she glanced at Sandy. Surely the news couldn't have gotten out that fast. Who would care anyway?

She shook her head and answered "Shoes of course. Three pairs to be precise. The first one would be to take right now, to replace what I'm currently wearing. If you have anything that would fit of course." she lifted her foot, as if to reinforce her point "I'm told that those I have right now don't go too well with this outfit." she shrugged, almost like she didn't see what was wrong with her current shoes. Well, no, not exactly. She could accept that they weren't the best shoes to go with it, but she was rather fond of those, as they exhibited the most important characteristic in her opinion: they were comfortable.

After a small pause, she continued "In addition to that, we'll need one pair each for tonight. We're supposed to go to a gala, and...well... Mrs. LeSalle is taking care of the dresses, but we have nothing to go with those. Whatever they end up being." she grimaced a bit at that thought, then held the piece of paper Renee gave her "Here are Mrs. LeSalle's...recommendations." She gave the man the time to read whatever was written, then added "As far as I'm concerned, I prefer something simple. I suppose I could let you convince me to wear heels for this evening, but no more than a couple of centimeters. I'm tall enough as it is anyway, no need to add more. As for the shoes for now, style goes after comfort. I don't expect to have the need to run in those, but if the need arises for whatever reason, I want to be able to do so without tripping after two steps. Since I don't care how I look..." at that, she glanced at Sandy, slightly blushing, then lowered her head mumbling "Alright, maybe a bit..."

She paused then, to consider what she just explained. Anything else could probably be argued over and she didn't really care about style and colour anyway. Apparently satisfied, she nodded "Would that be possible?"
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1240- Renaud's Shoes Cajun Town Seattle

The old man takes the piece of paper from you and brings a pair of old fashioned glasses down off his head to look at it. He nods and looks back up at you. "I see, yes. Well, no, much of that is impossible. I do not make shoes to barely fit or to run in or to just wear from the shop. If you want that I tell you to go to a Payless Shoes in the city. However, I do have some that I might be able to fit to you. Are you interested in some good shoes? I only make shoes for people who want good shoes."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:40, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renaud's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #739

"Well, I don't want bad shoes, that's for sure. And I would hope good shoes are comfortable shoes, so we're not too far from what I want." she squinted then, and with a light shrug decided the old man didn't need to know why she wanted to be able to run a bit in the shoes she would get now. Telling him it might be her only way to dodge bullets probably wasn't the best idea at the moment. She would just have to make sure it was a possibility.

Instead, she nodded "Let's see those good shoes then."
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1240- Renaud's Shoes Cajun Town Seattle

The old man smiles and motions for you to wait a moment. He stands up and goes to the counter that runs most of the way across the rear of the shop, returning with a few pieces of some blue paper. Sitting back down, he sets one of the pieces of paper on the floor in front of him and motions for you to place your right foot on it. When you comply he takes a pencil from a pocket of his shirt and traces some marks on the paper. When he is done with the right foot, he does the same with your left one. You have a chance to look at his marks when you step off the paper and you do not see a tracing; just some marks and arrows.

He puts the papers aside and tells you to bring a chair over and sit in front of him, where he takes your right foot in his hands and looks at you. "I will need to feel your leg. May I move my hands under your dress to just above the knee?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:40, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renaud's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #740

Removing her shoes didn't cause any troubles to Cynthia, she had expected as much. Removing her socks... Well, she frowned a bit. It wasn't exactly the cleanest socks ever, considering what they went through the day before, with no opportunities to get washed. Still, on her feet or in her hands, it didn't exactly change much, so she complied in silence. When Renaud was done tracing stuff on his sheets of papers, she cocked an eyebrow, expecting to see the contour of her feet instead of arrows here and there. Since she didn't know anything about shoe-making, she didn't spend too much energy thinking about that.

Not really seeing what Renaud wanted when he asked for the chair, she complied again, but her unease level climbed noticeably when he grabbed her foot. It was just a foot, he was a shoemaker, yes, but she didn't exactly feel comfortable anyway. Still... Ok, alright, she could understand the need. When he asked to feel her leg up to above her knee though, she scowled "The only people who ever put their hands there were doctors. Female doctors... As far as I can remember anyway."

It's not like she expected him to do anything else than what he had said. She could even possibly conceive how her bone structure could have an impact on her gait, something admittedly important as far as shoes were concerned. No, she got all that. But it didn't change the fact that what she said was perfectly true: no man - and only female doctors - had ever put their hands there. And not even often at that. She knew it was nothing, she knew it didn't mean anything to him and that it was kinda stupid to react like that, but she couldn't avoid it. After a couple of tense seconds, she bit her bottom lip and nodded. What else was she going to do anyway? She could only hope it would be quick. As a way to distract herself, she corrected him "It's a skirt, not a dress."
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1245- Renaud's Shoes Cajun Town Seattle

The man smiles. "I understand your reticence, Miss Cynthia, but it is only to the knee and I will be as quick as possible." He places your foot across his leg and slides his hands up from your foot to just above your knee. He does the right foot first and makes some cryptic notes on the blue paper for that foot then does the left foot. Sandy puts a hand on your shoulder for solidarity. Finally, he takes an actual metal foot measure of both feet then puts your feet back on the floor. He motions for you to remain sitting and stands, heading off behind his counter and going off through an opening in the back wall.

While he is gone, Sandy leans over and whispers to you. "Are you alright? We can always just go to the Payless at the mall."

Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:45, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renaud's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #741

Cynthia shook her head, grumbling "I'll survive, And he's right, it's just the knee, there was nothing to it, it's just..." she shrugged "I didn't expect that, that's all." after a small pause, she grunted some more "Better be worth it though."

With a ghost of a smile, she put her own hand on Sandy's. After a moment of thoughts, she wondered aloud "Of course, since I pretty much know nothing about shoes, I probably wouldn't be able to recognise a masterpiece if it hit me in the face. Guess I'll have to be satisfied if it fits." with a small derisive snort, she added "It better though after all that."

Turning her head, she looked at Sandy over her shoulder "Still want those shoes yourself?"
Mercy

Sandy leans forward a bit and smiles. "I would rather have your hands on my legs, but yeah, I can do that if the shoes are good."

The old man returns with a couple of wooden boxes in his arms, one much shorter than the other. He sits on his chair and puts the small box on the floor next to him and holds the longer one on his lap. He runs his wrinkled hands lovingly along the carved wood of the box and you see that there are two latches holding it closed. He looks up at you and smiles. "I found these on a shelf. I made them a while ago and the purchaser never returned for them. I believe that these will fit you quite nicely."

With that, he slides his hand to the latches and flicks them open, after which he lifts the lid of the box. Inside is a pair of brown leather boots. Even from where you are sitting, you can see some delicate scrollwork on the leather, but your interest is not entirely on how good they look. He removes first one then the other then puts the box down on the floor. He signals for you to put your foot up again and slips the boot on. It slides on almost as if it had been made for you, matching the contours of your leg. He puts the second boot on and asks you to stand up and walk about. You have never felt anything like these boots on your feet before. They are the most comfortable things you have ever had on your feet. The nearly two inch heel feels natural to you, as if it were simply an extension of your heel. The man watches you walk around the shop for a bit and nods. "The fit is nice for you, oui?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:45, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renaud's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #742

Cynthia coughed lightly at Sandy's quip, then looked at Renaud when he came back, curious. She seems a but doubtful about a pair of shoes he just so happened to find that would be the perfect fit for her. Despite that, since she couldn't really say anything without at least trying she once again gave her feet. She didn't expect to enjoy the heels though: two inches was a far cry from the flat shoes she'd gotten used to.

She looked a bit surprised when she put the boots on, not expecting the process to be this smooth. Her surprised only grew when she walked a bit. After a couple of seconds, she turned to Renaud when he asked his question "They do. It's..." She hesitated for a moment, looking down "Weird?" Looking up, she adds "Not a bad weird but... Weird... I mean, I don't like heels but..." she paused, walking a bit more, before finally adding as if she couldn't exactly believe it "It feels right, somehow."

Looking at Renaud, she asked "Was it a twin I don't know anything about who came to order those shoes? I can't believe you just had them lying around and be a perfect fit..."
Mercy

The old man looks around and seems to be a bit confused. "It is not an exact fit It would take me some time to get them right. It is just a coincidence that they fit so well."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:45, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renaud's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #743

"Coincidence, eh?" she waved the question away: it's not like it could really be anything else after all. Right? She nodded "Alright, I'll take those, they certainly do fit." she paused, taking a few more steps, before adding "In more ways than one."

Glancing at the second box, she cocked an eyebrow "Is that what you think would be appropriate for me to wear tonight?"
Mercy

Renaud seems relieved that you have changed the subject and nods as he opens the second box. He pulls out a pair of sandals that have straps that go up to about mid-calf. He helps you get the boots off and you realize that getting into and out of them is much easier with help than you think it will be by yourself. The sandals are also a great fit, although they do not give you the same sensation as the boots do. They are of a neutral color so should go with almost anything. They are very comfortable to walk about in, though, and have no heel to speak of.

He sits back and watches as you walk about. "They are comfortable?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:45, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renaud's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #744

For a second or two, Cynthia thought a bit more about that twin comment she made. She didn't really think Renaud could be hiding anything - or didn't realise it anyway - but instead wondered if maybe her parents had been less than truthful with her, something she had really started thinking about since that moment a few hours ago.

She knew some people went through UGE in perfectly normal human families, with proved blood ties. That didn't prevent her from thinking that maybe, it was different here. As often in such cases, she started to focus on every single point that could "prove" she'd been adopted or something. There were plenty of differences after all, starting with her hair colour. Given that, why not a twin?

She stopped mid-step and shook her head, focusing back on the matter at hand. Realising she didn't pay much attention to the sensation, she took a few more steps, then nodded "They are. But it's less... I don't know..." she shrugged. It wasn't really important that the boots felt better than the sandals, considering that in the end, she'd wear the boots more often than the sandals anyway. "I don't know for the rest, but at least my feet won't hurt at that gala... Alright." she looked at Sandy, a mischievous smile on her lips "Her turn now." glancing down, she grimaced, a bit amused "Though I'll need some help to put the boots back on..." Besides aesthetics considerations, there was no way she was leaving the shop without those boots on her feet.
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1247- Renaud's Shoes Cajun Town Seattle

Sandy chuckles. "I will be glad to help you put them on, anytime." She goes through the same process, but lightning does not strike twice and Renaud does not have shoes already made to fit her. He does, however have shoes that he says he can get done in a few hours that will fit her well enough for the gala and then he can work on some good shoes made especially for her. She nods and offers the credstick to cover the costs and he hands it back after slotting it.

Sandy looks at the boots and smiles as she motions to them. "Here, let me help you put these on." She picks up one and holds it up as you balance yourself with one hand on her shoulder. She helps guide your foot into the soft, comfortable leather. Her soft touch sends a shiver through you and you think that her hand might be on your calf and knee just a bit longer than necessary. Finished, you take a few more steps and the feel of the boots is even better than it had been initially.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:47, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Renaud's, Cajun Town, Seattle] #745

"We'll get the dresses at six, so maybe we can come back here a bit earlier than that to get the shoes? Or send someone over if need be I suppose." When Sandy gave the credstick, Cynthia insisted on paying the boots herself. She had already been hesitant to get the dress paid for her, but she simply refused to consider any other arrangement than her paying for the boots, no matter what was their price.

Cynthia sighed of contentment when her feet went back into the boots. When she noticed that Sandy was taking advantage of the situation she chuckled, a bit amused - and not displeased at all by the sensations - but didn't make a comment. Once her feet were back in the boot, she sighed "You know, it might be a curse in disguise. Where else am I supposed to find boots like that?"

She shook her head then and thanked Renaud. Taking the bag with her old shoes and clothes in one hand, and Sandy's hand in the other, she exited the shop. Looking at the sky - as if she were able to tell the time like that, or even needed it - she said "Alright, let's try to see if Mr. LaBoeuf is around to talk about house stuff or if he's fishing somewhere..." grimacing, looking in the direction of the exit of the town, she added "After that, we'll have to see Mama Lini..."
Mercy
Thursday June 13th, 2075 1255- Estate Agent Cajun Town Seattle

The office of the estate agent is near the river, close enough that you can hear the water lap against a small dock with a boat tied up to it. There is some noise coming from inside the building, as if someone is pulling drawers out and back in and a man is talking in some sort of mixed French and Creole patois that is hard to understand. Sandy looks at you and smiles. "It appears that someone is home. Either that or we are about to interrupt a robbery in progress."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:55, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Estate Agent, Cajun Town, Seattle] #746

Cynthia nodded "Let's hope for a robbery then, that way we can save the day and get a lower rent." Appearing to think deeply about it, she added "Or if it doesn't go well, we'll play the damsels in distress. And negotiate a lower rent." she smiled brightly, as if she had figured everything. Except to ring the bell that is. After a few seconds, she gaved up and just knocked on the door, grimacing a bit when it hurt.
Mercy

You do not find a bell because there does not appear to be one. As you knock, you hear a voice from inside bid you to enter. Opening the door, you see a tallish man rooting about in some drawers. He is dressed in rough clothing and looks to be getting ready to go out. He is wearing glasses and a soft hat covered in tied flies and fishing hooks sits on his head. The aroma of pipe tobacco wafts through the air from an ashtray that is holding a pipe that seems to still be smoking a bit. The man turns to you as you enter the door. "Good afternoon, young ladies. How may I help you? Mind, I am going out on the river as soon as I can find my hat."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:55, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Estate Agent, Cajun Town, Seattle] #747

Massaging her hand with a small pout, Cynthia entered the house. When the man explained his current predicament, she tried strongly to not look at the hat "Hum... Hello... I'm sure we can help you find that hat when we're done..." she cocked an eyebrow at Sandy, a smile on her lips. After a second, she turned back to the man, all serious now "I've spent the last few days pretty much living here, and it's something I may be interesting in doing long term...especially considering that my current apartment is... Let's say a bit of change wouldn't hurt. Sophie told me you may have a house to rent that could suit that desire, would that be correct?"
Mercy

LaBeouf turns his attention to you and smiles. "Ahhh, I do have a house for sale. I am not too sure about renting it out, but I could think on that, I suppose. It is a bit large for just two people. It is part of an estate that used to belong to the family that used to own a good bit of these parts. The house is in pretty good condition, considering, but it has been vacant for a while. Interested?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 12:55, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Estate Agent, Cajun Town, Seattle] #748

"I don't plan to buy anything. In addition to the finance side of things, I'm only seventeen. I probably can't buy things like that. Size... Well... Better be too large than too small, right?" Cynthia shrugged "As for its condition, I'll probably be abroad next week, which would leave some time to take care of that. So the only 'question', would be the rent. If you estimate the rent at 15k a month, I'll apologise for taking your time, we'll help you find your hat and be on our way. If it's around 5k, then we can talk. Since I have no idea what kind of house we're talking about, I have no way to judge how much it would be at the moment."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012