Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangled Currents - Cynthia & Jeremiah
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 23:46, Thursday June 13th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #943

"Hmm hmm." Cynthia sighed, setting herself comfortably in Sandy's arms. She deposited a kiss on her chest, whispering something about a nice smell. From the look of things, she was about to sleep when she grumbled, half-asleep "Seven tomorrow, don't want to be late at the clinic..."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0700, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

The twin buzzers of two alarms wake both of you up. Sandy kisses you and looks into your eyes. "Good morning. Any regrets from last night? I will tell you that I have none."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:00, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #944

After a few confusing seconds, time it took her to realise why there was someone in her bed, Cynthia blushed a bit, and curled up into a ball, as if she wanted to hide under the blankets. She felt...well...plenty of things. Awe, shock, wonder, love. But... "No, no regrets." She shook her head, and relaxed, looking to cuddle up with Sandy "Never slept better. What do you plan to do while they open me up and put stuff in my brain?" She grimaced, a bit unsettled. She had tried to not really think about the how of things but...it was kinda hard to avoid completely.
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0700, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Sandy looks at you. "I hope to be standing out in the waiting room, pacing back and forth until they say you are OK. Unless, of course, you would not want my there with my worrying vibes."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:00, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #945

Cynthia laughed "If you want to be worrying, you can be worrying. But I have no idea how long it will take, so I thought maybe you would use the time for some shopping or stuff like that." She looked up at Sandy's face "You know, do something useful?" She squinted, then with a teasing tone, added "Maybe there would be a reward?" for a moment, she seemed to have been able to say that without any reaction...but her ears betrayed her, reddening slightly.
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0701, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Sandy puts a hand against the side of your neck. "You mean something more useful than worrying about the condition of the woman I love whose brain is going under the knife? Yeah, there MIGHT be something more important on my mind................not. But I can do some shopping if it would make you feel better, although I might have to eat a lot of chocolate to keep from worrying too much. What do we need that I could get while you are getting sliced?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:01, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #946

"Chocolate? Hum..." she squeezed Sandy's flank "Not too much I hope, wouldn't want you to become chubby. And of course, you'll have to bring me some." She grimaced: she was hungry, but with the surgery, wouldn't be able to eat before it was done. She shook her head, frowning "As for shopping... Hum, I'm not sure. We'd have to go through the house. Oh, maybe you could take a first look at the files of the people we're supposed to be recruiting?" She paused, caressing Sandy's skin with her lips, when she seemed to have an idea "Think Claudia has some experience in recruiting people? Maybe she helped her mother or something? Can't hurt to ask I suppose." Almost absent-mindedly, she continued with her small kisses, as she thought on the problem "Oh, and we should see if LaBeouf is home, we forgot to ask him if he knew an interior decorator yesterday."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0702, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Sandy trades her own soft kisses on your skin. "Mmmm Hmmmm. She might. I think it is worth a shot to ask her. It might help make her feel more at home here. So you want to go off to the appointment by yourself then, and let us work here?"

She looks up at you when you say the last bit. "I an not sure we need much of an interior decorator. I want to try something and see if it works. If it does, we will only need ourselves. Think of something you would like to see in this room. Something small and ordinary, like the style of rug or a picture for the wall. I am going to think of a small water decanter and a tray for it on that long bureau over there."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:02, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #947

"As you prefer, or you could work from the clinic. Though it would be a bit awkward for Claudia. But I can take a taxi, it's no big deal."

For a time, she didn't answer, looking at Sandy in obvious disbelief "You know, if it really works like that, a lot of people would be ready to kill to get their hands on the house. Or at least have a chance to study it." She turned then, lying on her back, eyes to the ceiling. She was thinking of something, but didn't want to make it obvious. She pictured the appearance of the Horse Nebulae in her mind, wanting to see it appear on the ceiling.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

Stuff on the agenda for today:
- The clinic
- Getting a call from teachers at the university about enrolment
- The JackPoint access
- Recruitment session at 15:00
- Sampson & Stuff
- The Yakuza
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0704, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

While you are considering the Horse Nebula, Sandy slides over to you and runs a tongue across your left nipple before skipping out of the bed. "I gotta pee and I am going to start the shower. I really hope that you come in to join me under the water."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:04, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #948

A weird sound escaped Cynthia's throat when Sandy licked her nipple, and she placed a hand on it, as if she wanted to protect herself from Sandy's tongue. Of course, when she talked about the need to pee, Cynthia realised she really had to herself. She decided to stay for a minute though, before she took care of that and absent mindedly answered "In a minute, I'm trying your thing."

Idly playing with her nipple now, she was still looking at the ceiling, trying to focus on the Nebulae, and wanting to see it there. Though of course, even if it didn't work, the house might just be shy. Shaking her head, she got up and grabbed her clothes. She'd have to wear the same things as the day before, blouse and skirt, and the same panties, but since she had only wore those for a few hours, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Clothes in her arms, she crossed the hallway to the toilet, eager to be able to pee.

Once done, she dropped her clothes in the bathroom's sink and hesitated a bit, before joining Sandy in the shower, hesitation clear on her face.
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0707, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Sandy smiles broadly as you step into the shower. Her body is glistening from soap and hot water and she hands you a washcloth. "Do my back, please? Then I can get yours." As she turns to present her back to you, she continues, "You know, I love the way your body looks and I hope I always will. I am still having trouble fully understanding what you did to me last night, but I know I want you to do that again. I feel.............fantastic."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:07, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #949

Cynthia took the washcloth, and starts to rub Cynthia's back "Hmm hmm. I'm pretty sure I want to do that again too." She moved Sandy's hair to one side, and kissed her neck from behind "In fact..." She put the hand not holding the washcloth on Sandy's belly, and lowered it a bit to her pubis as she nibbled Sandy's ear. Finally she tossed the washcloth to the side and put the now free hand on Sandy's breast, playing with the nipple.
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0707, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Sandy gasps as you kiss her and moans as your hand touches her. After a few seconds, she swivels in your arms and looks into your eyes. "I love you." She moves her face to kiss you as her own hand reaches for you, touching you in places that no else but her has.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:07, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #950

Cynthia quickly went from teasing to moaning then screaming even as she tried to give as much as she received. Beet red, she tried to muffle those cries by kissing Sandy, but it was less than ideal. To conceal the noise anyway.

Some time later, panting, she hugged Sandy, resting her head on her shoulder, slightly shivering. Nothing particularly sexual now - though of course, their breasts being at the same height they rubbed against each other - but simply to enjoy the moment. Stepping back after a moment or two, she picked the washcloth and waved it, looking at Sandy "Back to washing now..." She reddened even more, thinking that there was no way Claudia hadn't heard anything "I hope Claudia is still sleeping... What did you do to me!?" She lightly punched Sandy's shoulder...conveniently forgetting that she had been the one start things this time...

She quickly froze though, frowning "Hey... Were those alarms yours? I don't have one myself..."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0723, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Sandy is panting as much as you are and shakes her head. "Mine is internal so I don't own an alarm. I thought they were yours because you said you needed to by up at seven. Frag. You don't think...................?"

Getting out of the shower, you both dry off, reaching the spot on the other that are hard to get by yourself. When you step out of the bathroom, you notice three things. First, there is a small water pitcher on a silver tray on the bureau. Second, there is a mural of the Horsehead Nebula on the ceiling over the bed. Third, you smell the aromas of food wafting up from down in the kitchen, causing your stomachs to grumble.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:23, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #951

"Well..." Cynthia looked at the pitcher and the mural "At this point I don't think, I'm sure..." She shook her head "We'll have to be careful of what we want... I wonder what the limits are..."

As she fished around to find her boots, she sniffed in the air. She grimaced as her stomach growled "Alright, other question... Who is cooking? It could be Claudia of course, but... Weren't the pantry and the fridge empty? She could have woken up even earlier than us, but where would she have found the food?"

"Aha." She stood, her boots in hand "Let's go see..."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0723, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

As you head down the stairs, you start to hear the sounds of clattering below from the direction of the kitchen and the aromas just get better. From the bottom of the stairs you can also hear someone, Claudia presumably, singing a song but you don't quite make out the words. As you round into the kitchen you see Claudia standing at the stove with her back to you, using some kitchen implement as a microphone and singing into it as she shakes her body to the tune. She comes to the end of the song and immediately breaks into another one, this one you know. Sandy nudges you and reaches to the counter near her to pick up a wooden spoon and uses it like a microphone as she prances out into the kitchen to join Claudia in singing the song. Claudia looks surprised at first and her face reddens in embarrassment, but when she realizes the Sandy is joining her and not mocking her, she jumps back into the song. Neither one is terribly on key, but they look like they are having fun and Sandy motions for you to come join them.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:23, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #952

Well... Good news was that the mystery of who was cooking was solved. Though it would really have been a bit...exaggerated...if the house could cook on top of everything. Of course, that didn't explain from where the food came, but hopefully there was a simple - and rational - solution.

When invited to join the two apprentice singers, Cynthia was clearly reluctant. While she did know the song, it was another thing to sing it. Finally she relented, and sitting on the border of the table, started to sing. She didn't sing very loud at first, but she seemed to find some confidence as the song went by, so much that she even seemed to be surprised by it. She knew she had never been able to sing after all.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

Performance: 9d6t5 4
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0725, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

the other two come closer to include you in dancing around and singing into improvised microphones. At the big finish, they put the hands holding the implements into the air and shout out the last line. Sandy is laughing as she takes bows and Claudia is making odd sounds in her voice that sort of sound like cheers from an arena as she calls out. "And the crowd goes wild!" After a few seconds she breaks down laughing, followed by Sandy. When all is a bit calmer, Claudia jumps for the stove and begins taking things off and turning off the heat. She motions to the table, which is set for three and begins scooping scrambled eggs, bacon, and ham onto plates. "We really need to take this act on the road, you know. Get a good agent and a chic name and we could make, what, a couple hundred nuyen a year at it."

Sandy laughs and nods. "We might have to pay people to listen."

Some more laughter then Claudia motions to a large pot on the only stove burner still lit. "God! I still can't quite believe this place. Running water, but I have not found one thing electric in the place. All the lights are gas or candles, the stove burns wood, if you can believe it, and the refrigerator is cooled by fragging blocks of ice. That door over there goes down to a cellar with all kinds of stuff stocked on shelves. It looks like someone has been stocking up flour, sugar, salt, and a lot of other things. I had a bit of trouble sleeping through the noise." She looks a bit red in the face. "From the storm. So I got up early and went past your rooms to see if you were still awake but..............well, I just came down to explore." She tuns a bit more red. "I hope you don't mind. Anyway, I found some food and thought I would make us some breakfast."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:25, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #953

As the other two girls joked about their performance, Cynthia looked pensive. She had been surprised by her clear soprano voice and the quality of the tunes she had been able to get. She had tried, long ago to sing. She knew it had been a disaster. But... Had it been a disaster or was it simply her memories of it that made her thought so? Or it could have been that she was just a child, and now a bit older her voice had changed? Of course, it could also be the elf thing... She shook her head: it wasn't really important. Maybe she should just enjoy her new found voice.

She focused back as Claudia talked about the oddities of the house. At the mention of noise, she looked up at Claudia, like a deer caught in headlights, red starting to creep on her cheeks. That red only deepened, reaching the tip of her ears all the way down to her neck, when Claudia mentioned she went by their room a bit earlier. She clapped her hands on her cheeks, as if she hoped to be able to hide the red. At the moment, she hoped the ground would open up and swallow her. She looked at Sandy, eyes pleading, begging her to get them out of this situation.

"I... Uh... It's a... a nice idea..." She looked a bit mournfully at the plates, her embarrassment almost forgotten "But I can't eat this morning, with the surgery in a couple of hours..."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0725, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Sandy looks at your face and stops laughing. She immediately comes over to you and takes your hands from your face. "No, Cynthia. Do not cover up this beautiful face. So she heard us, so what? It was not going to be a secret. She probably already knew just from the way I look at you." She leans in and puts a hand behind your head to bring it forward to hers and kisses you deeply and passionately. When she breaks the kiss an hour or two later, she turns to look at Claudia. "Any problems with this?"

Claudia is looking at both of you and shakes her head. "No. No, not at all. I think it is wonderful when people find each other and can share love. I am sorry if I made light of it as that was not my intent. I just wanted you to know that I am OK with it. Really. I guess I picked the wrong way to say it."

She turns to look at the food. "I am also sorry about the food. I did not realize that you could not eat anything. Will lunch or dinner be out as well?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:25, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #954

For maybe all of a second, Cynthia resisted the kiss, before she gave in, and answered to it without reservation. It didn't do much good for the colour of her cheeks though. After some time, she said "I don't mind if it's not a secret, all the town knows after all. It's just... Like knowing your parents have sex, and stepping in the room when and where they're actually doing it." She grimaced at that, finding her comparison somewhat lacking. Or disturbing. Thinking it wasn't the right time to think about all that, she dropped the subject.

She waved Claudia's concerns about the food away "You couldn't know, so don't worry about it." She looked like she really wanted to eat though "I'll have a juice or something, and it'll have to do." She sighed, as if she had agreed to some unbearable task "I don't know for lunch, but I suspect you should count me out. Either I'll be lucky and will be released quickly and free to eat whatever I want, which I'll probably do in town as soon as I can..." She looked again at the prepared food, almost whining "Or I won't and at best I'll have hospital food..."

To avoid looking any longer at the food, she went to grab some juice, and sat on a chair "But anyway, you may not have time to make lunch or dinner. Have you ever helped your Mom in recruiting people for charities or events? Apparently the house comes with a full staff we're supposed to be recruiting, but neither Sandy not I have any experience regarding that. We asked the interested people to send us some documents but once there..." She grimaced, and looked hopeful at Claudia.
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0726, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Claudia's eyes get large. "You want me to help pick the staff out? That sort of sounds like it's OK with you if I stay longer than just a couple of days." She looks from one of you to the other. "Yeah, I can help a little. But getting donors and volunteers is not like hiring people for staffing this house. I might make a mistake." She suddenly turns to face the stove, as if looking at something there and moves a hand to wipe at her eyes.

Sandy looks at you then walks up to where Claudia is standing. "It will be you and me doing the interviews and hiring so it will be both of us making the mistakes." She touches Claudia's shoulder. "Hey, no one is mad at you. And I really think it is OK for you to stay as long as you want."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:26, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #955

Cynthia didn't appear really concerned "Hiring donors or whatever is still more experience than Sandy and I have. The interviews are planned to start at 15:00, so I really hope I'll be able to be here too." She shrugged "And it's not like anyone would die if we make mistakes. Though it would be uncomfortable..." she shook her head, then shrugged "As for staying here, that mostly depends on you. I don't mind, and the house thinks you should be with us. But as far as your Mother is concerned, that choice would probably be final. Plus, you may not even like it, it's not like we know a lot about each other after all... Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it's for you to decide at this point."

She didn't move from her chair though, she didn't want to crowd Claudia, and.since Sandy seemed much more capable than she was herself to deal with tears...
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0727, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Claudia wipes at her face again then turns around and nods. "Alright, I can give it a shot. And I do like it here so far. It feels a lot like what I have always wanted home to feel like, if that makes any sense. And who can argue with a mojo house?"

She smiles. "When do you have to leave? I can make a few sandwiches for you to take to eat later so you don't have to eat the hospital food if you like?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:27, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #956

Cynthia chuckled "Yeah, the mojo house is a good selling point. We'll have to see if we want to modernise some stuff though, burning wood isn't really efficient for example, but it may mess things up if we replace what's already there." she looked around for a few seconds, grimacing slightly "It feels...empty...though. Well there are the two drones we released yesterday but... I'm used to have more stuff around me, and not being able to reach out to the lights to set their level seems... I don't know... Like I'm lacking something. Not that it's really necessary here, and for all I know there's a way to do just that I haven't discovered yet, but..." She paused, thoughtful, then shook her head.

"Anyway, I have to be at the clinic at nine, so there's still a bit of time but not too much. A couple of sandwiches would be cool yeah." She paused, slightly frowning "But you know, you don't have to do all that. I mean it's nice and all, and feel free to continue if you like it, but you don't have to show us you can be useful in the house, we won't kick you out even if you don't cook. Well, unless you like rap of course. Just, uh... Don't bring boys in the house please. For now at least. Or men. How old are you anyway?"
Mercy

Claudia shakes her head as she moves about the kitchen. "Sandwiches is no problem. Give me a couple of minutes and I can get you some lunch ready." She moves efficiently about the kitchen as she talks, putting things on the counter and working on your sandwiches. "Cooking with wood might not be efficient, but there is a huge stack of it outside. Probably for the fireplaces as well as the stove."

At your comment and question, she stops and looks at the two of you, actually going a bit red. She looks down at her feet then back up. "I am nineteen. As to boys and men, I don't......uh....actually.....uh....swing that way, if you understand. That is why I was a bit...............well.............uh.............."

Her voice trails off as she looks at both of you.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:27, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #957

Cynthia opened and closed her mouth a few times, before she managed to get a sound out "Oh." Half joking, she added "Well, I guess I don't have to worry about meeting an unknown man in the middle of the night when I have to go to the toilets then, right? Especially..." She glanced at Sandy. Especially if she slept naked from now on... Though she had to admit she had never slept as well as she had just done. Of course, it might not be due to the naked part of things...

She kept silent for a moment, lost in her thoughts, before she said anything again "I don't know if I 'swing that way' or the other, or any at all." She glanced at Sandy, then lowering her eyes a bit added "All I can say for now is that I'm swinging Sandy's way." She smiled lightly, one hand on her belly.

Suddenly, she turned her head in the direction of the sitting room near the entrance, where the large portrait of the three of them hanged. On it, they were all holding hands... She seemed about to say something, but obviously changed her mind. Maybe the house thought the three of them should be together. Or predicted they would be. She found the idea a bit strange. After all a...Triple? Wasn't exactly standard. Then again, just twenty-four hours before, she had never really considered the idea of being in a couple. While she didn't find the idea repulsive and Claudia seemed nice enough - and pretty - it wasn't really the time to think about that.
Mercy

Sandy's mouth is open, too. "Fragging aye. Well.....uh....well." Then she shuts up and lets you talk.

Claudia nods and blushes a bit more. "My friend and I broke up a week ago. My parents arranged the whole thing by paying her a bunch of money. I was living with her while we went to school and she suddenly told me I had to leave and go home. I told her I was home and she told me not anymore. When I pressed her, she confessed that my father had visited her and offered to pay her a lot of money to dump me. Then to add more injury to it, he paid her more money to have sex with him. She seemed sorry, but not enough to turn the money down. I guess it was not really love, huh?" She blushes more. "Sorry. I did not mean to say that much. After all, you two have been really nice and don't deserve to have me cry all over the place. Let me get those sandwiches while you get ready"

Claudia bustles about the kitchen. When you turn back from looking at the portrait, which is clearly visible from the kitchen, you find that she is looking at it over your shoulder. Her eyes drop to yours and she smiles at you. "I think we will be just fine here, Cynthia. Will you call to let us know when you are done and how it went?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:27, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #958

Cynthia didn't answer straight away. She considered offering Claudia to strike back at her parents, and her... Well, her ex... She would have, and it probably would have been pretty painful. But if Claudia wanted revenge, she was probably able to get it herself. And if she hadn't... Well, maybe she was more forgiving. She coughed a bit "Uh, I don't really mind if you cry all over the place, but..." She grimaced "I'm not very good with this sort of things, so I'd just avoid you, probably..." She looked at Sandy. Alright, if she were concerned, maybe not. So maybe she wouldn't for Claudia. In any case, she certainly wouldn't know how to deal with it though "But anyway, I don't need your father's money, so don't worry about it. In fact, I probably could make more than him. I'll be poor again in a few hours of course, but I won't kick you out." She seemed thoughtful "Well, unless he can get me a ticket to Zurich-Orbital or another station in space of course." She squinted, looking at Sandy "In fact, I may even kick her out for a ticket to the moon." She looked pretty serious for a moment, then smiled, clearly joking. About kicking anyone out anyway, she wouldn't mind - at all - a chance to go to space.

She nodded at Sandy's question, with an amused smile "Of course. As for how it went, it's easy: if I'm making sense, it went well, if I'm a moron, they probably touched stuff they weren't supposed to." She stopped "Uh." She grimaced slightly "Seemed funnier in my mind." She shook her head, as she grabbed her boots, holding them to Sandy as she wiggled her feet "Help me with those?" She squinted, looking a bit suspiciously at the other girl "But no funny business, I don't want to be late!"
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0728, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

The others have given you some odd looks while you talked, but Sandy nods when you hold up the boots. Taking them from you, she kneels and helps you slop them on while Claudia packs your lunch. Finished with the boots Sandy stands and leans into you. "It's OK, Cynthia. I am not quite sure what to do or say, either. We will work it out as we go, I think. For now, we are home and in love. I can live with that if you can." She leans forward and nibbles at your earlobe as she runs a finger down the length of the ear. Her voice is soft and throaty. "Just so you know, you really turn me on."

She straightens back up and smiles at you. Claudia rolls her eyes and hands you a small sack. "Alright. I carved up some meat I found in the refrigerator box for the sandwiches. I think it is beef, but I am more used to processed stuff so am not completely sure, but I think it is the real thing. Anyway, there are also two peaches in the sack."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:28, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle] #959

As Sandy played with her ear, Cynthia leaned her head on the side, with a slight shiver. "Thank you." She smiled, and kissed Sandy before getting up. Taking the sack Claudia held to her, she smiled to her too "And thanks for that." Turning to Sandy, she said "You should bring Claudia to Renee before you look at the files. Though it may be too early..." She shook her head "I suppose you can find what to do by yourselves so I'll leave you to it."

She turned on herself, trying to see if she forgot anything. As she did, she looked mournfully again at the food, and sighed. She shook her head "Alright, I'm on my way. See you later." With a last smile to the two girls, she left the house.

On the way to the city gates, she asked for a taxi and nodded in greeting to everyone she passed by, obviously in a pretty good mood. As she walked, and on the way to the clinic, she started to review the work Sherlock had done before she went to sleep.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

Regarding Sherlock's tasks: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1333953
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0728, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Sandy agrees that taking Claudia to see Renee is a good idea and gives you a last kiss as you walk out the door. "Hey, come back to me in one piece, OK?"

The walkway outside the house is in slightly better repair and is clear of mud, even though it rained fairly heavily here last night. The sconces are unlit as you walk back tot he town, but you do not need them at this time of day. You pass several people in the town street, all of whom greet you by name and ask how you are doing. It seems that the people here wear their period costumes all the time, but here it looks natural. Sophie is out on the large porch of her restaurant, sweeping it clean. The three old men who seem to be fixtures there are not present yet. She waves at you as you go by and you can smell some really nice aromas coming from inside. "Good morning, Miss Cynthia. I hope that the storm did not bother you two or your guest too much. I have a rack of muffins fresh from the oven ans some coffee on. Would you like some?"

Sherlock's information is an interesting read. {I am not sure what the list of names is. I found three references. Lisa Maguire: lives in Denver, thirty-seven years old, married, three kids, teaches first grade, hesband is Carl Maguire, auto mechanic, they own a small house. Glenn Ziegler: lives in New York, divorced, two kids live with ex-wife, rents small apartment, likes to gamble - which led to divorce, no girlfriend but pays hookers for sex. Bruno Davis: lived in Sante Fe, died in 1837, fur trapper, married a native American, no kids. I cannot find any reference to any of the other names but am still looking. Better luck on financial angle. Luke Franklin had a friend named David Struthers. They went to school together and remained friends after. Struthers went to work for his father in New York and helped build company up. Ran into some financial troubles when some suppliers suddenly dried up. Company tanked two weeks ago, ruining Struthers, who killed himself in front of his wife by jumping out of penthouse window. Someone seems to have done vrey well from the disaster, though. About eighty million nuyen worth of shares sold short in the weeks leading up to implosion. Someone made a killing. Should mention that there was significant message traffic between Luke Franklin and Maria Struthers prior to the disaster. They were clearly involved in some sort of affair on a regular basis that her husband had no knowledge of until the end. She sent a note to Franklin right after her husband killed himself that she was now free and able to come live with him in Seattle once the insurance money came in, which was three days ago. Maria died in a hit and run traffic accident yesterday. Luke is the sole beneficiary of her will. Humans can be so interesting, don't you think? Anyway, do you still want me to dig about some more on this?}
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:28, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Cajun Town, Seattle] #960

Cynthia greeted Sophie with a nod, a sad grimace and matching sigh "Hi. I can't, I have a...a doctor's appointment so I can't eat this morning." She paused "It's torture..." She shook her head, then sighed some more "Anyway, I can't stay if I want to be on time. Oh but I'll probably come around some time this afternoon, I have a few questions for you if that's alright."

As she looked at Sherlock's results, she frowned {Sherlock: It's probably useless regarding the list of names. If it's a code of some sort, we're probably missing something, maybe it's just half of a puzzle. The third brother could have the other half if it's the case.} She paused {Sherlock: I don't know if I would qualify those people as 'interesting'. I was more thinking along the lines of 'waste of air'. Anyway, that's very good to know.} She took a moment to think about how to deal with this. {Sherlock: Ideally, I'd need to find a smoking gun, implicating Luke. See if you can identify why the suppliers got problems, we'd really need to link those problems to Luke, and at the very least we could get him for insider trading. I'm afraid the hit & run will be harder to look into, but anything you can find would be really nice. I suppose we would need someone on the ground in New York for a final investigation, but it should be possible. They'll need to know where to start though. But a direction, and the insider trading... We'd own his ass.}

As she got in the taxi, she sent a quick message to Tanya. She didn't expect to hear from her right now, but maybe she could help with that New York thing >>Tanya [Cynthia]: I know what was the financial deal Luke and GM talked about. It involved 80 millions, an affair - surprise, surprise - a suicide and a probable murder. At the moment, I can document pretty much everything but the murder: do you know anyone in New York? The murder... Alright, the 'accident I believe to be a murder'... Was a Hit & Run in New York. The deceased was Maria Struthers. I'm sending you the date and location. I'm pretty sure Luke paid someone for that, but without feet on the ground, it's probably impossible to prove.<<
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0735, Serenity, Cajun Town, Seattle

Sophie nods. "Sure, drop by when you can and good luck. I hear you might be interviewing for up at the house this afternoon. Good luck on that, too."

The deputy at the arch tips his hat and smiles at you as you leave. "Your cab is just off there, Miss Cynthia. About thirty seconds ago, I reckon. Have a nice day."

{Not sure what this smoking gun is but I have not seen a gun, smoking or otherwise.} You can almost hear the chortle from your sprite. {I will keep looking around, but I can only do so much.}

The cab driver asks for your destination and the door pops open for you to climb inside.

>>Cynthia [Tanya]: Caught me out running. Nice work on the stock scam. I will do some follow up and see what shakes out. Crap in Bogota is going all to hell and I may not want to send you down there just now. How about a trip to New York if you want to be the girl on the ground?<<
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 07:35, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Cajun Town, Seattle] #961

Cynthia grimaced "Yeah... Thanks. No idea how we'll do that..." She shook her head, and waved at Sophie. She nodded at the Deputy then, both as greeting, to acknowledge the information and thanks.

{Sherlock: I understand that, just identifying the Host where the information is likely to be will be nice enough, I'll be able to go there after that.}

As she got in the cab, she gave the clinic's address, then settled comfortably...or at least as comfortably as she could in the cab. >>Tanya [Cynthia]: I didn't really look into the Bogotá situation since... Two days ago I think... Well, I suppose I could go to New York on the way to Bogotá but... Finding the link between Luke and the death of Maria may be relatively important, but it's rather secondary no? I mean what happens in Bogotá, with Liston is really what matters. I can probably wait a bit, which would make the trip to New York possible, but I'll really have to go there if we want to get to the bottom of things. It's the same here, they're only preparing for what happens after they've destroyed everything and killed everyone. With the possible exception of the projects headed by GM of course...<<
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0810, Halverson CLinic, Seattle

Tanya had said she would get back to you and you had finished the ride to the clinic in silence. The Halverson Clinic building is in the nice part of town. The REALLY nice part. The spacious lobby has a marbled floor and opulent decorations on the walls and various tables scattered about the room. The receptionist is sitting behind what is either a real wood desk or a very good replica of one. She looks up and smiles at you as you approach. Her eyes scan you and might just give a slight expression of disapproval. "How may I assist you this morning?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 08:10, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Halverson Clinic, Seattle] #962

Cynthia didn't seem to pay any attention to the woman's apparent disapproval. First, because she didn't care what anyone thought of how she was dressed, except two persons: herself first, and Sandy second. Second, because that woman was a mere receptionist and nothing important. Maybe working here lead her to think she was someone important, the pay might be nice, but...at the end of the day, she wasn't anyone. "Good morning." While she didn't quite heavily emphasise her greeting, in comparison to the obvious lack of reciprocity, the pause was there to make it felt "I have an appointment. Cynthia Rawson."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0810, Halverson CLinic, Seattle

Without appearing to look at anything, the receptionist smiles. "Good morning, Miss Rawson. You are a little early for your appointment, which is perfect, as there are forms to fill out." She hands you a tablet and a stylus and motions to where some comfortable seats are arrayed around various pieces of art. "Please fill out all forms as completely as possible, paying particular attention to the ones that detail any previous implants. Please ask me any questions that you may have."

OOC:

I do have the correct appointment, don't I? If not, I will need to edit a couple of things.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 08:10, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Halverson Clinic, Seattle] #963

Cynthia shrugged. She was indeed a bit early, but it was better than spending time around food she wasn't able to eat. And anything else she could have done may have taken too long so... She took the tablet and stylus, and went to sit in one of the seats. Without using the stylus - which she found cumbersome - she proceeded to fill the forms. Previous implants was pretty easy, considering there wasn't any.

Once she was done, she stood up, and brought the tablet back to the receptionist.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

Yep, that's the right one smile.gif
By the way, do you allow Gamma grade?
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0815, Halverson Clinic, Seattle

The receptionist smiles at you as she takes the tablet and stylus back. "Please have a seat and wait. I will let the doctor know that you are here and perhaps he can see you a bit early."

OOC:

Gamma? Crap, you are going to have trouble getting Delta.
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 08:15, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Halverson Clinic, Seattle] #964

Cynthia nodded "Thanks." And went to sit on a chair - another one than the previous one though, without any real reason - as she waited. With nothing better to do, she started to play to one of her games in AR.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

For delta I'm counting on the fact that everything is legal: real SIN, real bank account, and nothing illegal (not even simply restricted). As such, it's acquired legally and not through the black-market, so availability shouldn't be an issue.
I can do without the gamma (in fact, I wouldn't know what to do with the points left...) but it doesn't fit without delta :o
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0850, Halverson Clinic, Seattle

At 0850, the receptionist stands up and comes to where you are seated. "Miss Rawson? Doctor Graber will see you now. This way please."

She waits for you to stand and leads you through a door into a hallway with several doors opening to both right and left. The woman takes you up to an office door marked as Allyson Graber. She opens it and ushers you into a large waiting room with an examining table in the middle. "Doctor Graber will be with you in a moment."

She leaves and shuts the door behind her but you are not alone for more than a few seconds before the door opens and a woman walks in. She is about 5'6" tall and is wearing a white lab coat and has a friendly smile. She holds out a hand to you. "Cynthia Rawson? How do you do. I am Doctor Graber. Please be comfortable and tell me what you expect from your visit here."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 08:50, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Halverson Clinic, Seattle] #965

When the receptionist came, Cynthia logged off her game with some regret. She hadn't been able to play a lot in the last few days, and she was missing it. Not that much, given what happened, but still... She followed to the doctor's office, grimacing slightly: even if told to be comfortable, she wasn't exactly eager to go under the knife, especially to get stuff packed into her brain. No matter how useful it would certainly...hopefully...turn out to be. Though there was at least one good point if the doctor was a woman. She shook the offered hand and sat down in front of the office.

She looked around while the doctor sat on her own chair, then cleared her throat "I'm here for some bioware. Well, quite a bit actually, of the best quality there is."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0855, Halverson Clinic, Seattle

The doctor gives you a look then smiles at you. "It sounds like you have something specific on your mind." She hands you a tablet. "Here, scroll through this list and check those things that you are interested in. Afterwards, I can tell you what we can do for you and how much it will cost."
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 08:55, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Halverson Clinic, Seattle] #966

Cynthia nodded "Sure." Cynthia went through the list quickly, completely ignoring the cyberware, geneware or nanites, only focusing on bioware. In most cases, she either checked the box or dismissed it quickly, but in one case she hesitated. She hadn't really considered it but... It's not like it hurt after all, so she checked it too. When done, she went through the list once again, to make sure she hadn't made any mistake, then gave the tablet back.

~~~~~~ OOC ~~~~~~

So, for the list:
Cerebral Booster 3 (CBR p460)
Cerebellum Booster 2 (CF p118)
Sleep regulator (CBR p460)
Platelet Factories (CBR p459)
Nephritic Screen 4 (CF p113)
Skin Pocket (probably somewhere on the ride side above the waist) (CBR p459)
Mnemonic Enhancer 3 (CBR p460)
Clean Metabolism (the one really useless but... Oh well...) (CF p109)

In deltaware, all this totals to 0.8 essence and ¥698'750
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0903, Halverson Clinic, Seattle

Doctor Graber raises her eyebrows as she reads your list. She makes some notes on the tablet then puts it down on a table near her. "My, Miss Rawson, you certainly have an extensive list and seem to know what it is you want. Pardon me if the question seems a bit rude, bit U do have to ask it to protect you as well as this clinic. Are you aware of what these implants will do for and to you or is this just a list from some science project?"
Imladir
[Cynthia Rawson - 08:55, Friday June 14th, 2075 - Halverson Clinic, Seattle] #967

Cynthia opened her mouth to answer that of course she did, why would she ask for it otherwise? She seemed to change her mind though "I have a pretty good idea, and it's not a joke no. Would be pretty expensive for a joke... But I suppose it can't hurt if you tell me what you think I should know about all that. If I already know everything, then we'll only have lost a couple of minutes. And if I learn something, it'll be even better." She paused, then added "But I doubt it'll change my mind. Well, unless it's something pretty important of course."
Mercy
Friday June 14th, 2075 0905, Halverson Clinic, Seattle

The doctor taps the tablet with the forefinger of her right hand for a few seconds, then explains the use and purpose of each implant you are asking for. She hesitates a few seconds then nods her head. "OK, here is what I can do for you. Some of these things are readily available and we can get something going soon. However, some of these have to be cultured to the exact specifications of your brain. These we will have to create for you and that will take some time. These are also quite expensive and I am afraid that we could not begin the process without a guarantee of some sort that the money is available. Do you have the authorization to commit funds that could top seven hundred thousand nuyen?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012