Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T-Town
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Alex @ Nov 6 2008, 12:10 AM) *
Hunting = Crime? In the south? Not even in 2070. But I get your point.

Do it without licenses, and with some unusual guns. Sounds like a thing crazy southernerns would do.biggrin.gif
Meriss
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Nov 6 2008, 09:15 PM) *
Do it without licenses, and with some unusual guns. Sounds like a thing crazy southernerns would do.biggrin.gif

Funnily enough I once saw a hunting magazine in my local barber shop which had an article about deer hunting with a revolver. With telescopic sights no less.
ludomastro
@ All

Regarding "hunting" licences: As long as the gun is 6R or less and not a machine gun variant, you're good to go. You might have to pay a bribe but you won't have problems. Otherwise, bribes and/or fake licenses would be a good idea. These are things that your characters would know.

@ Meriss

Regarding equipment: Let me make sure I understand what you want. I'll assume that payment was made once you make your decision.

Bullets would be 200 nuyen.

The armored camo is 1200 each, so 4800 for the four of you. Do you have the funds for that?
Meriss
Plus the truck and other gear?

Hell no!

Steve will pick up a set for himself and throw the unarmoured five for 50 nu set in the back. biggrin.gif
ludomastro
Done. What else will y'all be needing?
fistandantilus4.0
Get some ammo yet?
ludomastro
Yep. 100 rounds.
fistandantilus4.0
Get any little drones for me to play with?
Meriss
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Nov 9 2008, 08:35 PM) *
Get any little drones for me to play with?

Just the flyspy. I suppose you can try and negotiate with the Ford 6 wheeler. Thou I doubt it has rigger adaption.

@RJ: This slice of stereotypical Southern hell brought to you gleefully by yours truly.

@Alex: What would I need to roll to peg my teammates places of origin? I'm thinking Steve has an ear for language and accent.
ludomastro
@ Meriss

Back at you on the southern hell.

Regarding the language thing:

Intelligence + Language (Dialects) for an academic understanding.

Intuition + Language (Dialects) for the common man.

Intuition + Movies (or Accents) for the bottom rung.
Redjack
SinN and Fisty joining the breakfast party?
fistandantilus4.0
Love to. I haven't been scanning the IC, just following along in the OOC since MITNick wasn't directly involved.
ludomastro
If you guys want to interject something in the IC, be my guest.
fistandantilus4.0
Alex : "T-MAP Cruiser" That the "cops"?
ludomastro
T-MAP = Tuscaloosa Metro Area Police, so yes
fistandantilus4.0
We'd better all decide on who's driving and what not. Nick would be in the truck, because he has no wheels of his own, but he certainly wouldn't be driving.
Meriss
Well Steve has no Drive skill so it's prolly not him.

Guess yer up Redjack biggrin.gif
SinN
No wait! Let Jester drive! grinbig.gif
Redjack
I made Flash as well rounded as possible... but there were no point left for a driving skill...
ludomastro
*looks around the table and shakes his head*

Ok, you're just driving down the road and you didn't take incompetent so you can drive just not James Bond style. Or even pink mohawk style for that matter.
fistandantilus4.0
OK, we've got our place, we're moving in Saturday. That means that I will be without direct internet for probably about a week. So if I dissapear for a bit, that's why. But I'm already getting to work on getting internet. Just bear with me. smile.gif
Meriss
@fist: Sounds good. And you can stop living out of boxes. biggrin.gif

@Redjack: I suppose Steve can drive unless you wanted to roll for it? I'm thinking one of us picks even or odds and either we roll d6 or Alex does. Either way I'll prolly have a post by Monday.
ludomastro
Life out of boxes is always interesting. In some ways, I feel like the family in The Incredibles. We have lived in this house for 3.5 years and we still have things in boxes. Thankfully, we are starting to go through them. Some weird crap was found.

Anyway, I say you pick evens or odds for the driver. I'll post IC Monday if no response before then.

Anyone have holiday plans that will keep them away from the computer? I just don't want to be cursing you while you are enjoying RL with your family and friends.
Meriss
Well simply to avoid railroad, (In case something bad happens and I get blamed {This way if something bad happens it was at least my idea}) I'm going to say Steve is driving. That and now that I think of it it makes sense too, Steve is going to gaurd his uncles stuff.

Anywho. I'm going to activate Kinesics and Improved Con to lie to the officer. Rolling 5,1,6,5,1,4,6,3,2,3,1,3,1 4 hits and I see a fair number of ones in there, I may have botched.

Alex: Just how crazy can I get with Commanding Voice by the way? Like Jedi style " these aren't the runners you're looking for"? Heck could I do Bene Jesserait style Voice with Vocal Control and Commanding Voice?
ludomastro
@ Meriss

No hat and watch here. No train schedule either.

To answer your question, the Jedi mind trick is one possible outcome. The more likely the person is to take that direction the more favorable it works. It has been a while since I read Dune so you will have to remind me on the other.

No, you didn't glitch. You have some successes and moreover the ones are less than half the dice pool.

@ All
Sorry for the delay. I had a migraine yesterday and was away from the books today at work.

IC post is up.
SinN
I hope you guys are enjoying Jesters video game rants as much as I am typing them. grinbig.gif
Meriss
@SinN: It's coming across fairly well and makes for a nice definiton on Chesters character.

@Alex: Here's a wiki article on The Voice. Basically it pretty much sounds like a heavy use of Voice Control and Commanding Voice to totally get inside the subjects head. Prolly an Extended test at best. Steve would have to spend time with a subject while having Kinesics active (I may even have to pick up Analytics later) and then after a while be able to tell him or her what to do. Useful but prolly not right now.

And I do apreciate your commitment to avoid railroading.
SinN
Thanks Alex. I figured it would help with there cover as a "family" goin huntin.
ludomastro
QUOTE (Meriss @ Nov 18 2008, 11:00 AM) *
And I do apreciate your commitment to avoid railroading.

Yeah, I don't like being on a train and I try really hard not to put my players on one either. If you see me looking at a watch, then smack me.

Regarding the Voice. Definitely going to require Analytics and will be an extended test. This is an awesome idea, so let's work out the details.

-----

Quick check: Everyone still good to go? Anything that I need to do that would improve the game?
Meriss
@Alex: Zero complaints on my end. To be clear though is the officer expecting nu per gun or nu per head? Cause we only got the two guns (I think)

Re Voice: Kay pitch me yer pitch and I will do likewise.

@SinN: Heh! That bit was totally on the fly, nice to see you willing to roll with it.

EDIT: Almost fergot, I'll be away visiting relatives Saturday and Sunday. Also working nights Wednesday and Thursday so I'll be asleep all Friday. Alex If don't get to post before I leave, simply assume Steve quietly pays the soybacon and proceed.
ludomastro
Per gun. That's how my grandfather always did it.
SinN
@Merris: Thanks, its always fun to have these kind of things happen in game. The things Chester is describing in game our from an actual MMORPG I play called Conquer. Except for the mention of Gilgemish. Any avid Gamer like myself can tell you thats from Final Fantasy. 5, 8, and 12 in fact. grinbig.gif

@Alex: No complaints here. Im just glad the games rollin again.
Meriss
@SinN: Tempt me not with tales of MMOs. I'm already up to my neck in various assorted Freebies. Thought the Gilgamesh thing was an FF reference biggrin.gif

@Alex: Duly noted

@All: Anyone have weapons beside me and Redjack? I don't want this to turn in to Happy Time Full Cavity Search.
fistandantilus4.0
MITNick had the Remington 990 he'd mentioned before that you were supposed to be getting ammunition for. In many states, shotguns aren't an issue as far as registration. It's usually a matter handgun registration that people are looking for.
Meriss
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Nov 20 2008, 12:23 AM) *
MITNick had the Remington 990 he'd mentioned before that you were supposed to be getting ammunition for. In many states, shotguns aren't an issue as far as registration. It's usually a matter handgun registration that people are looking for.

D'OH! Sorry fist. Looks like Nick will have to do with the ammo he's got on hand. Sorry again. embarrassed.gif
ludomastro
Hey Fist. Your character would know that a lot of roadside stores out this way carry basic ammunition under the counter. Just have to know how to ask for it. Some places will ask for a gun license, some won't.
fistandantilus4.0
Joy. He was hoping for some of that wiz sounding ammo the others were talking about. "Explosive" sounded like fun. Hafta see what we can find in the way of slugs or 00 buck then.
Redjack
Sorry for the absence on my part. I've starting working up a post for this game no less than three times in the last week. Work has been hell and then I've been sick the last two days. On vacation and recovering so hopefully we can get a few posts this week. wink.gif
Meriss
@alex: I did pay the cop BTW.
ludomastro
Understood. I was waiting on the rest of the crew's reactions.

IC post is up.
SinN
You guys know me, always ready to post. Ill keep checkin in on the game until I can. THAT you can count on. cyber.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Im not looking up the actual price Alex since MITNick probably wouldn't know either. I'm just going with standard bargaining. Get gouged, counter with a low ball price.
ludomastro
You want to roll this out or role-play it out?
fistandantilus4.0
I'm all for roleplaying.
ludomastro
@ Fist
Done.

@ All
What else do we need?
SinN
Chesters good. He puts way to much faith in his mojo. grinbig.gif
Meriss
Steve'll pick upa clip of explosive too. Lemme sleep first though.
fistandantilus4.0
I'm ready once everyone else is.
ludomastro
IC post is up.
Meriss
@Alex: The penny drops. You sly and clever dog. wink.gif

Activating Kinesics and Improved Con once again.

Also dropping a Judge Intentions on Al. 9d6.hits(5)=4 4 hits.

EDIT: Hey I fergot my knowledge Skills, sweet sweet knowledge skills. biggrin.gif

Sooooo Tuscaloosa Underworld 7d6.hits(5)=3 3 hits.
And Tuscaloosa Arms Dealers 7d6.hits(5)=3 another 3 hits. The dice are reasonably kind today.

EDIT the EDIT: Heck I'll pile on a Con roll too. Does my Fast talk bonus apply?
10d6.hits(5)=0 0 hits. Oh dear GOD! Mental note: Tempt not the gods. Edge?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012