Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T-Town
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
ludomastro
Here is the OOC Thread for T-town: A game in Alabama.

I have four perspective players. If any of them drop, I will let you know.

Concept: Street with a little pink mohawk thrown in for good measure.

BP: 350

Available Books: BBB (duh), Street Magic, Augmentation. (If you want something else, ask, I might allow it ... maybe)

House Rules: Yes
  • Contacts are purchased with CP and cost Connection x Loyalty. 1BP = 3CP.
  • Skills: One at 5 or two at 4. Otherwise, max 3.
  • TMs have automatic skin link and ...
    [ Spoiler ]

Lay of the land:
  • Home of the University of Alabama
  • Home of the old JVC Plant - now part of Horizon (I can't find where JVC fits in cannon so it goes here for now)
  • Home of the Mercedez Benz Plant (nearby anyway) - now owned by Chrysler-Nissan.
  • Lone Star is used for corporate (non-extraterritorial) and University Security.
  • The Tuscaloosa Metro Area Police (T-MAP) are used by most others.

Any questions?
SinN
Wow, 350 bp? Alright, this should be fun. Ill have a charactor sheet up by tommorow.
Meriss
Hmmmm. This will take some work to trim Charlie. What if we talk about roles as opposed to BP? Charlie is a conman/low level face. What did everyone elese want to play?
SinN
I call the Mage! grinbig.gif

Still workin on my char sheet. Been a little busy the last few days. Busy season at the resort.
SinN
Hey guys. Sorry for the delay in posts. There was a bit of a tragedy here at the resort so Im a little busy doin what I can to help people. Ill put my char sheet up very soon. Promise. Alex? Is there a deadline you were thinking?
ludomastro
I'm just trying to find out where everyone is in the process at present.

SinN - working through some issues at the resort
Plan B - Dealing with some issues on the homefront
Meriss - Unknown
Ophis - Unknown
Mickle5125
lemme know if you need another character.
ludomastro
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Jul 5 2008, 09:17 PM) *
lemme know if you need another character.

Send me a PM to remind me but you are #2 in line right now.
Lady Door
Hey Guys...

I'm still in. Just trying to move this week as well. I land in Texas on Tuesday so things SHOULD calm down a little once I get there... you know, assuming I don't go into labor on the plane or anything. smile.gif

Expect a character work-up from me sometime this evening or tomorrow morning.
ludomastro
Understood
Lady Door
I know Mitch already called the mage... *grumble, grumble* but can I play an adept? I was thinking Gunslinger. Lemme know. If not an adept, I think I might adapt the idea to a rigger/TM type.
ludomastro
Sure, why not.
Lady Door
Woot. Okay, working on it now.
SinN
Hey Alex? Its been a while since Ive made a new charactor. DO you think you can put up the equations for skills and stats? (What I mean is, how much karma cost per skill, and attribute.)
Meriss
Apologies. I ran into a patch of writers block. All gone now. Sheetage to follow (hopefully)
ludomastro
@ SinN

Do you mean BP?
SinN
Yessir
ludomastro
NOTE:

Due to my conversation with SinN, I am clarifying my house rules. Skill groups are capped at 3 for starting characters.
SinN
Thanks Boss. Now I can finish my charactor. Talk to you soon.
Meriss
Are we still on? My main prob is Charlie was going to take waaaaay more trimming than I was ready to do on him. So I'm starting a new character, Steve Donner social adept, fast talk artist and face. This >----< close to done. biggrin.gif
ludomastro
Most deffinately still on. We just have two folks that are dealing with RL right now.

Post when ready.
SinN
Chester Bennington
A.K.A. Jester
Elf
Age-12

Body-3
Reaction-3
Agility-2
Strength-2
Logic-3
Charisma-3
Intuition-2
Willpower-1
Magic-7
Edge-1
Total BP=250

Active Skills
Spellcasting-3
Unarmed Combat-3
-Street Fighting-2
Conjuring-4
Con-2
Perception-2
Total BP=64

Knowledge skills
Spirits-1
Local Gangs-2
Magic theory-2
Total BP=20

Language Skills
English-N
-City Speak-2
Sperithial-3
Total BP=16

Qualities/Flaws
Spirit Affinity- Trickster Spirits
Simsense Vertigo
Compulsive
Magician
Mentor Spirit- Trickster
UnEducated
Dark Secret

Contacts
Jezzabell- Talismonger 3/4 (loyalty/skill rating)
Reesin-Fixer/Street Informant 3/4

Squater Lifestyle
Equitment(Just whats worth mentioning)
Comlink(LowGrade, just cant remember any of the brands)
Certified Cred stick
Fake SinN Rating 2

Spells
Heal
Mana Bolt
Physcal Barrior
Mana Barrior
Levitation
Demolish Gun
Lightning bolt
Fire Bolt

[ Spoiler ]

Let me know if I spent too much, Micheal.
ludomastro
OK, I haven't done much with this thread because I know there are RL concerns for several of the players. Just posting to answer SinN's question and to keep this thread on the radar screen.

-----

SinN
[ Spoiler ]
SinN
Alright thanks alex, Ill hop on later today and add my extra points. Ill think Ill just pump up his magic a bit.
Meriss
@Alex: Apologies, ferret brain strikes agin. Almost done, quickly though the skill cap at 5, is it for singular skills or groups?
ludomastro
For this game:

Skill groups max out at 3.
Normal skills: One at 5 with the rest at 3 OR
Two at 4 with the rest at 3.
SinN
*Crickets chirping*
Hello? Is this the party? Where the hell is everyone?
ludomastro
Hello there SinN, I have no idea where everyone is. If interest in this has wanned (or not), please let me know. I will give this until Monday and then I will start opening this up to the general populace.
SinN
Alright, well Im still in. My char sheet is good to go. So Ill just check in and post when the game is started.
Meriss
Sorry, still here. My PC had a virus and I was just a little leery of going online while it was still alive. Got a very heavy duty AV program annnnd it's dead. biggrin.gif so I'm just polishing off my charsheet and will be ready whenever everyone else is. Anyone heard from Plan B or Ophis?

@Alex: Quickly, what are the major ethnic groups in Tuscaloosa?
ludomastro
I sent a PM to Ophis and PlanB.

-----

I'll assume that by ethnic you mean meta-type.

Human 62%
Elf 4%
Dwarf 6%
Ork 23%
Troll 5%

If you meant ethnicity as we think of it today, then:

Caucasian 54%
African 42%
Asian/Pacific Islander 2%
Other 2%
Meriss
Hmmm that works too. biggrin.gif I actually meant cultural/language type. Guess I should've asked what I meant eh?
ludomastro
CAS culture - if you have any of the SR2 & 3 books.

Language will be English (with the cityspeak/slang component).

Some of the minority cultural elements will be pulled from Hispanic and Asian (specifically Chinese) culture as well.

Therefore there is a sprinkling of Spanish and Chinese as well as the obligatory Japanese for 80s cyberpunk.
Meriss
FINALLY! All done and basically ready fer review. Only thing left is to figure out the rest of my Gear spending and name/define my contacts. Backstory ASAP.

Steve Donner
Human
Social Adept

Attributes
Body: 2 (20BP)
Agility: 3 (30BP)
Reaction: 2 (20BP)
Strength: 2 (20BP)
Charisma: 5 (50BP)
Intuition: 4 (40BP)
Logic: 3 (30BP)
Willpower: 3 (30BP)
Edge: 3 (20BP)
Magic: 4 (30BP)
230 BP

Essence: 5.60

Positive Qualities 20BP
Adept (5BP)
First Impression (5BP)
Photographic Memory (10BP)

Negative Qualities +25 BP
SINer (Criminal) (+10BP)
Allergy (Common, Mild) (Lactose) (+15BP)

Active Skills
Blades: 3 (12BP)
Dodge: 3 (12BP)
Pistols: 1 (4BP)
Unarmed Combat: 2 (8BP)
Palming: 3 (12BP)
Perception: 3 (12BP)
Con (Fast Talk): 5 (2) (22BP)
Negotiation: 3 (12BP)
Etiquette: 3 (12BP)
Intimidation: 2 (8BP)
110BP

Adept Powers
3.00 PP
Improved Con Level 3 .75 PP
Kinesics Level 2 1 PP
Voice Control .5PP
Cool Resolve Level 2 1PP
Commanding Voice .25 PP

Knowledge Skills
Tuscaloosa Area Knowledge 6
Rockabilly Music 4
Tuscaloosa Football 3
Urban Brawl 3
Tuscaloosa Underworld 3
Tuscaloosa Arms Dealers 3
Gang Identification 3
CAS Prison System 3

Languages
English (N) (Cityspeak 3)
Spanish 3
Chinese 2

Contacts
12BP = 36
Black Marketeer: Uncle Phil C: 3 L: 5 8CP
Blogger C: 2 L: 2 5CP
Crooked Beat Cop C: 2 L: 2 4CP
Fixer C: 3 L: 2 5 CP
Bartender C: 2 L: 2 4CP
Bouncer C: 2 L: 4 5 CP
Street Doc C: 3 L: 2 6CP

Resources
3BP =15000¥

Gear
Fore-arm Snap Blades 150¥
Extendable Baton 50¥
Colt America L36 Accessories Concealable Holster 75¥ Laser Sight 100¥ Silencer 200¥ 5 Spare Clips 25¥ 575¥ 30 Regular Ammo 60¥ 20 Gel Ammo 60¥
Armour Vest 600¥
Renraku Sensei O/S Renraku Ichi Response 2 Signal 4 Firewall 2 System 2 1600¥
AR Gloves 250¥ Skinlink 50¥ Subvocal Microphone 50¥ Thumbprint Reader 200¥
Rating 3 Fake SIN (Mike Redfield) 3000¥
Rating 3 Fake Pistol License (Mike Redfield) 300¥
Rating 3 Fake Ammo License (Mike Redfield) 300¥
AR Glasses w/ Image Link 50¥

Cyberware
Datajack 500¥ .1 Ess
Cybereyes Rating 2 750¥ .3 Ess Low Light 1000¥ Flare Comp 750¥ Thermo 1000¥ Vision Mag 1000¥

2705¥ Remaining
ludomastro
Ok, let's take a look at the sheet:

[ Spoiler ]
Meriss
Kay.

[ Spoiler ]
ludomastro
Alright folks, Ophis, has officially dropped out. I will be extended an invitation to Trigger to participate. I still haven't heard back from Plan B.
ludomastro
@ Meriss

[ Spoiler ]

Meriss
QUOTE (Alex @ Jul 28 2008, 11:25 PM) *
@ Meriss

[ Spoiler ]
Meriss
M'kay here it is again. Deleted the Money work up as I'm fairly sure I had that correct.

Sheetage
[ Spoiler ]

Major Changes
[ Spoiler ]

Backstory for Steve and Contacts to follow (aka as soon as I finish typing it)
ludomastro
Meriss just sent me a PM to say that he dropped out.

I know that RL has everyone in a pinch. Just let me know if I should pull the plug or call in the doctor for this one.
SinN
Im still in. I wouldnt mind a solo game. Even if we pull the plug on this one, i got a few more charactors on the back burner. Lemmo know, all mighty GM
ludomastro
I'm hardly all-mighty, but thanks for the sentiment.

What kind of solo game would you be interested in?
SinN
Well, as i said before, Id like to use my Hacker/Rigger/Face, Ash. He has alot of stats, not god like or anything, just able to hold his own. But not much backround to him. Ive only used him on a few runs, and he only has one real big acomplishment is his shadowrunning career. He helped kill Dr. Halbertson. You know, that guy who was putting kids brains in computers? Yeah. really hard fucking run, that Plan B ran for Ben and I a while back. Hes mostly been in hiding since then, just laying low until things blow over. Ive got a few other chars i havent had much time to use in the past. New charactors and the such. Lemme know if u can think of anything.
Redjack
Wow Alex. You just keep getting your games knocked down in players. That said, quite a number of games have seen reductions recently.
ludomastro
@ Redjack
Yes, I wonder why? You interested?

@SinN
Where was Ash's last known location?
crizh
QUOTE (Redjack @ Aug 25 2008, 01:46 AM) *
That said, quite a number of games have seen reductions recently.

Mostly a sudden, and unexpected, drop in the GM count....
Redjack
Actually there are several of us who are dedicated players that lost yet another GM in the African Queen game. If SINn is looking for a game with more consistent players, I think that might be possible.
SinN
I may be interested. If you guys can work me in, sure. Just let me know what kind of charactor U need.

@Alex
Ash was hiding out in Scotland for some time, and is now in Seattle, just now taking jobs again. Its been almost 2 years.
ludomastro
I'm a little confused. Are we working this game or expanding the existing Atlanta game? Or something else?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012