Ecclesiastes
Stealth: 11 11 08 04 03 01 01

Perception: 10 05 03 02 02 01
Soluna
Stealth: 15 13 02 02 02 02
Elfie
Stealth: 10 04 03 01
Elfie
I'd like to go and check out the two cars. Not touching them in any way, but just to peek inside both and see if there's anything incriminating to see if I can tie either car to the kidnappers.

Perception: Car 1: 11 05 04 03 03 02 01 01
Perception: Car 2: 20 05 05 04 03 02 02 01
Ecclesiastes
Checking out the back door to bypass the lock and check for traps.

Active
Perception: 10 05 04 02 02 02
Electronics (+1 die for Enh. Articulation, -2 TN for Microscopic Vision): 10 07 04 03 02
Electronics B/R (+1 die for Enh. Articulation, -2 TN for Microscopic Vision): 11 05 05 03 02
Complementary
Security Devices: 09 08 01 01
Security Systems: 05 04 04 01
Dashifen
Not sure if you wanted to remove the casing and unlock the door or not with the rolls above, Eccy, but if you do, just post it IC. Those rolls were good enough.
Soluna
Perception:
08 05 04 03 01 01
#D:6 TN:0 H#:8 S:6
Ecclesiastes
I should have checked here, I'll edit my post that I do the locks rather than start to work on them, cause thats what I rolled for.
Soluna
Since we're going in, here's new stealth and perception rolls:

Stealth: 05 05 04 01
#D:4 TN:0 H#:5 S:4

Perception: 17 08 08 05 03 01
#D:6 TN:0 H#:17 S:6
Dashifen
Gwyn's quick synopsis of the first floor gives you a basic picture of the layout. Here's the actual floor plan I drew up. I'll give you info on the second floor if or when she scouts it.

First Floor Floorplan

Also, Eccy, Akuma won't get to the stairs before Gwyn stops him in the IC post I made. Edit as you will.
Ecclesiastes
Security Devices: 17 04 03 03

Can I figure out any way to make it go fizzle, but make it look like there is a techinical problem, rather than someone just cutting the wire or whatever? Well, I guess I could just cut the wire and it could just be "connection lost" error on their end.

Anyone else got a bright idea?

edit: Oh wait! We can hook up a dataline tap and Lex can hack the system through it!
Dashifen
I'm not sure Lex brought his deck, but that's up the Elfie. Soluna had a plan she told me but hasn't posted it yet.

Edit: Silly me, I didn't read the IC thread before coming here smile.gif
Soluna
I put a magic idea on the IC thread, but either cutting the line or having Lex hack the system through it might work. My magic idea would enable us to leave the device alone so that no one gets suspicious, though.
Soluna
All cast at a force 4

#1: 10 05 03 02 02 02 01 01
#D:8 TN:4 H#:10 S:2

#2: 22 05 05 05 03 01 01
#D:7 TN:4 H#:22 S:4

#3: 16 05 04 02 01 01 01
#D:7 TN:4 H#:16 S:3

me: 13 11 10 04 02 02 02
#D:7 TN:4 H#:13 S:4

I suffered no drain on any of them.
Ecclesiastes
Stealth: 23 03 02 02 02 01 01 (w00t!)
Perception: 15 05 04 04 03 01
Elfie
Sorry, Lex didn't bring his deck on this one. Thinking it was probably just going to be a smash and grab, he opted to leave it in the safety of his apartment.
Dashifen
Magic Background test for Gwyn: 09 03 02 01. Soluna, sent you a PM about the results so you can tell everyone what you think you've seen in the IC thread without me ruining it for everyone smile.gif
Ecclesiastes
Do you want any reaction/initiative/perception/etc rolls from us?
Dashifen
Now I do. Don't worry about perception, everything that's going to happen for a moment will be pretty obvious.

Elfie's at graduation this morning and moving out, so for now I'll hold him on auto so we can keep moving today. He's run up next to Akuma at the bench, ready to help out with the Ares Alpha. I'm pretty sure that's what he'd do right now anyway, since Elfie's been iching to use the Alpha since he "bought" it smile.gif

Initiative for Lex: 8 + 4 = 12

Ecclesiastes
Ok, I got a nice trick up my sleave... I've got Gel rounds loaded which have a lot of Knockback power. I'm assuming that is a grenade that was just thrown at us, so I'd like to shoot it with two Gel rounds and knock it back down the hallway. Whats my TN to shoot? Should I just use Called Shot rules?

Initiative: 32
Dashifen
Wow -- good idea!

Okay, dim light +2, target in motion +4, target really tiny, +4, smartlink -2
close range would mean you have a target number of 12. I've lost your sheet (I guess I deleted Akuma when I meant to delete Alice -- stupid names that start with the same letter) so if you have other accessories or cyberware to lower that further just let me know. If you think the +4 for shooting something that's tiny is too bad, I'm basing off of the shooting a smaller part of a larger object from the called shot errata rules. Not an impossible shot but certainly difficult. Post your rolls and any other modifiers that you have that I don't know about for lack of your sheet. I'll need to hear about other initiatives, because Gwyn on the astral plane could beat you (I think -- everyone loves that +20 to initiave onthe astral smile.gif)
Ecclesiastes
I've got Low Light, that should help with the dim lighting. Smartlink 2 gives -2 to a Called Shot, though I don't know if that counts here or not.

Free: Called Shot
Simple: Shoot
Simple: Shoot

Pistols (+4 Combat Pool): 13 10 05 04 04 04 03 03 03 02 (1, maybe 2 successes)
Pistols (+4 Combat Pool): 14 11 07 04 03 03 03 03 02 01 (Again, 1, maybe 2 successes)
Soluna
On the astral I would like to assence the spirit that I'm about to fight to see if I can determine it's force. I don't have an aura reading or assencing skill so I guess I default to intelligence.

TN 4: 5 5 4 3 2

If her force is lower than my magic attribute I want to hit her with a force 5 deadly manabolt and try to kick her ass in one shot. I know it's physical drain cause I'm on the astral, but I'll risk it so that I can hoprfully get back to the physical and bring up spell defense for the team. However, if the assencing shows me that her force is higher than my magic attribute then I'll just engage in astral combat and hope that the team can make it without the spell defense.

Here's the manabolt roll: 6 die from my magic skill and 4 die from my spell pool
1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6

Now the fun part....drain:
TN: 2, 6 die from willpower and 2 from spell pool
2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 6, 6, 6 (WHOOOOOO!!!)

Well even if she resists the manabolt at least I didn't take drain smile.gif So I can live to throw another deadly manabolt at her!! devil.gif *mwah ha ha*
Dashifen
I'll assume that the assensing test happens before combat, but only just before combat since Soluna wasn't around to tell me that she wanted to do that until after I called for initiative.

The spirits force is less than your magic attribute, Soluna, and it is generally feeling hostile. You can tell from your assensing as well that it is an Ancestor spirit of some kind.
Soluna
Oh goodie...hostile spirit of a dead chick. I can deal with that.
Dashifen
Actually, you'll need to change the tense of that verb, see IC post for combat phase one!
Dashifen
Now, those who can. let me know what you're doing for phase 2. There's not much available for shots on the physical plane, the hallway is slowly filling with smoke from the grenade though depending on what Gwyn does after she gets back to her meatbod you might know a little bit more about what's going on in the other hallway.
Soluna
WHOO HOOOO! Former hostile spirit of a dead chick....heehee.

I want to assence the spell that I just saw. 5 die for intelligence:
4, 4, 3, 2, 1 (egh!)

If possible I want to know the force of the spell and what it is.
Dashifen
You can tell that the spell is a detection spell and that it's force is lower than that of your magic attribute.
Elfie
Hey all, I'm up and running at home (kinda). Hopefully I can take control of my character back. Combat phase 2, is that with the same initiatives? (i keep getting passes and phases confused)

That hallway smoke is going to be a detriment to us as gunners. What if we shoot out the floor-to-ceiling windows to get some air in the hallway? That should help the smoke diffuse a little, right?
Soluna
My character is technically still on the astral, but I myself think that is a kick ass and ingenius idea smile.gif I never would've thunk it. Although...at least it's a level playing field...you know? They'll have the same modifiers to shoot as we will. But I guess either way works.

(Dash wants me to tell you that we don't have to re-roll initiative yet because the turn is not over)
Ecclesiastes
Is it Smoke, or IR Smoke?
Dashifen
Smoke -- no IR so Thermo is better, right now, for those who have it. Quick modifications check, though, it's +2 for seeing through smoke with thermo just like a fog with normal vision isn't it? My books are packed up for my move. I could be wrong, too.
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, I think thats right, but I don't have my books to look it up. Are we all ready to take our second actions now?
Dashifen
Anytime. Let me know what you want to do. If I don't hear from Elfie by the time I post phase two, then I'll hold his action for now. There's not much for him to shoot at yet anyway. I'm moving out of my apartment today so I may not post resolutions for a few hours, but I'll be sure to get to it today, even if it's late.
Ecclesiastes
Tell me if this is do-able... Lex and Akuma move foward towards the door, just picking up the bench and moving it with them so they still have the shield. If anyone jumps out and engages in melee, I can always just drop the thing.
Dashifen
That would work, but I'd probably say that it's using your phase -- you're only going at your walking speed (hard to run with a bench connecting the two of you) etc. Got to run, be back later.
Elfie
I like the idea Ecc, but if there's smoke then I can't see much at all (I've only got flare comp, low light, and eye lights...none do much in fog). That and I know you're good in melee, but what if it goes for me? I'll have no idea its coming and no way to defend myself. Would it be possible for me to shoot out the windows on my phase while walking the bench up with Akuma? That way he gets closer the way he wants to, and I am able to see (somewhat) again.
Ecclesiastes
Why don't I just go foward then with my Katana and try to draw them out. I like the idea of you shooting out a window while I do that.
Dashifen
Works for me. Akuma approaches using Thermo to see, Lex shoots out the windows to help disipate the smoke and Soluna already posted her actions of the Assensing, so I'll probably just tell her what she sees when she finally gets into the hallway.

We're probably going to hold here for a day or so. I have a job interview in Illinois on Friday (I live in PA -- which you all know except (maybe) for Eccy) so I have a flight tomorrow and friday to return to PA by Saturday. I don't know if or when I'll have a chance to post phase two, but I'll get to it as fast as I can.
Dashifen
give me a dodge roll if you want to, Eccy. I have it in the DCRS that you used 8 combat pool already trying to shoot the grenade in the previous phase. It's only one shot that seems to be coming your way.

Once I resolve the action by the one opposition member, I'll be ready for phase three. This leaves Akuma and Gwyn with actions. Actually, Akuma has 2 more phases (three and four) so if you want to, Eccy, just give me a run down of your next actions (two complex and two free or four simple and two free) and depending on their resolution, you might just be able to do them all at once.
Soluna
Since it was just a detection spell I'm not too worried since I don't think the team is in danger from that. Would I be able to astrally go into the room that the badguys are in and drop spells at them from the astral? If so that's what I'd like to do...I want to see if I can take out their mage, or at least distract her enough to come engage me astrally. Also, it will give me a shot to see if the wife and daughter are still alive in that room with them.

Perception: 7, 5, 5, 4, 2 (to see the mage and the hostages)
Dashifen
There are no hostages in the room with the mage and the opposition. Using your perception on the astral plane is, as far as I'm concerned, more like assensing than true perception, since you're seeing people's aura. Therefore, all of the peolple that are in the hallway with the person you know to be a mage are hostile towards you and have varying degrees of cyberware. There is also one other magical person, but this person doesn't seem to be magical in the same way you are. The room is a hallway, though, that turns sharply to the right at the other end of the hallway.
Soluna
The other magical one must be an adept. I think my character would be able to deduce that right? Can I sling spells at them from here...or do I have to manifest?
Ecclesiastes
I've only got one die left for dodge, so here that is: 5

Here is my damage resist roll, I've currently got 8 points of armor.

Body: 10 08 05 05 04 04 04 03 02 02
Ecclesiastes
My next action will be ingaging the guy that just shot me in melee with my katana. I'll be using my point of reach to lower my TN to hit. Base damage with my katana is 8S (4 str and the katana is dikoted).

Edged Weapons: 13 05 05 03 01

My last action depends on if this attack kills or not, so I'll wait to see how that goes before posting my last action. Also, I should be able to see into the room a bit now, what do I see?
Dashifen
QUOTE (Soluna)
The other magical one must be an adept. I think my character would be able to deduce that right? Can I sling spells at them from here...or do I have to manifest?

From the astral plane you can't sling spells at anything unless they, too, are on the astral plane. The only way to drop spells into the corridor with the opposition on it is to leave the astral plane and go back to your body.

Let me know what you want to do and then I'll post combat phase three.
Soluna
Well in that case....back to meat-bod and bring up spell defense for the team. I'll put the five die up on spell defense.

For the next turn my initiative is a 9.
Ecclesiastes
Akuma will move on to find the next opponent, moving to engage whichever is the largest of the heat signatures the just entered the hallway. Again, I'll use my reach to lower my TN.

Katana: 09 05 05 05 03
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012