Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Saytr
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:20; The Mall, Puyallup
Zion

Zion orders drinks and a sandwich and awaits the coming offers for work to help him acquires the new gear he so desperatly wanted. "let me get todays special and a beer."
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:20; inside the Office, The Mall, Puyallup
Lucky; PAN = hidden [Skinlink]; SIN = Hugo Sanchez (not broadcast)

The interior of the Office was hazy, a combination of low-light and the accumulated smoke of various addictive substances. Hugo paused a second as his glasses adjusted to the lighting conditions and fed him a much-enhanced image overlay. He briefly considered removing the glasses, feeling it might seem unusual to be wearing sunglasses indoors. Then he remembered where he was.

Old habits kicked in as he slowly scanned the room from left to right. He saw the layout of the bar, of the private rooms and the booths lining the walls. Saw the tables out in the floor area. Saw the group of 4 occupying the bar. He tallied a troll, an orc, an elf and a human.

There's a good joke waiting to happen... he smiled inwardly.

Not immediately noticing MRB or Shotgun Joe, Hugo put out a quick message to MRB that he had arrived at the Office.
Redjack
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:25 The Mall Office, Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

Papa directs Cynic, Zion & 3B towards a larger booth designed to accommodate trolls and larger enough for several more team members to join them. Despite the amount of space, 3B snuggles in next to Zion. Everyone notices that the signal dampener drops their matrix connections and PANs. Beer and sandwiches are brought to the table. The beer tapped from a keg and definitely a micro-brew. The sandwiches far less recognizable, but honestly not really that bad.

The food is just served when Aeryn joins the team. Papa introduces himself with a big hug, "You must be the ravishing Aeryn"

Hugo sits at the bar, feeling like he'd been waiting nearly a month for the next phase of the evening when Michael, Joe and their two companions enter the bar. The foursome wave to him as they head to a booth where five other people are already seated.

The team sees the approach of five people: Three human men, one missing an arm, a human woman and a grizzlied dwarf of indeterminate age. One of the men steps to Papa and the two shake hands, clasping each other's forearms. Papa gestures to the lead man, "This is Michael Racing-Bike."

The human in turn gestures to his companions, the dwarf first and the one armed man last. "Shotgun Joe, Tim Flying Hawk, Gina Watching Possum and Hugo."

Papa in turn introduces the team. "I'm Papa Smurf.... This is Aeryn... and this is Cynic.... and this is Zion.... and this is Baby-Boom-Boom. We call her 3B." The big circular booth is big enough for everyone to slide around it.

Michael looks to Hugo, "Hugo is looking for a little help with a good cause."
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:25; inside the Office, The Mall, Puyallup

Glad I didn't make that joke after all...

"I'll lay it out for you straight - I have some good friends who work and live at a shelter for battered women. This shelter is badly in need of supplies, food, money, the works. I asked Kilroy for help with the situation and he put me in touch with Michael. We think we have the beginnings of a plan to secure a shipment of foodstuffs, but we're going to need some help. That's where we would need your group.

Hugo delivered this speech with as much assurance as he could muster. He wasn't sure how the others were taking it. He had tried to make eye contact throughout, but he didn't think he had been particularly successful. He wished Danny were here - he'd know just how to work the angles.
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:26; inside the Office, The Mall, Puyallup

The silence stretched on, and on, and on, uncomfortably long for Hugo. It seemed to stretch for hours. He wasn't sure what was happening. Had his speech fallen flat? Fallen on deaf ears? The troll glanced at him - was the troll looking at him with disgust? That orc wasn't making eye contact, a bad sign. Flop-sweat broke out on Hugo's forehead.

Taking a drink out of the nearest glass, Hugo started again.

"I'm not sure what this job can pay. Anything extra made from the run is fair game, probably including the delivery van if we boost it. I can make sure Knight Errant don't look too deeply into this. After talking with Michael, it seems we still need a tag eraser, some muscle, and possibly a van to hold the goods, depending on how the stuff is taken.
Thanee
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:26:00; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup
Aeryn; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

"Hi Papa Smurf," Aeryn says. "Thanks, and nice to meet you in person. You have been a great help back there."

When the big group approaches them, Aeryn eyes them with interest, listening to what they have to say...

"So, your plan is to hijack some delivery van and redirect the food to that shelter? And you would like us to help you out with this... for free, of course. But how hard can that be? Those vans ain't exactly high security..."
phlapjack77

"I....er....that is....uhm...."

Hugo looked at Michael Racing Bike in panic, his eyes pleading for some verbal backup.
Saytr
Zion;PAN=hidden[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(broadcasting)

Zion sitting there for the few moments of stammering barely heard what the one armed man was suggesting, he said everything so fast it sounded like it was all in one breath and rushed out. He mulled it over a second in his head. "Well Aeryn i am sure there is more to it then just food stuffs. Let the man finish with what ever details and see if its something profitable. I am sure there is something more, Right." Zion orders another drink seeing as Hugo picked his up after his stammer and helped himself to 1/3 of his drink in one gulp. "Hugo how about you sit down and go over everything there is to know and lets see if there is a more practical use of our talents that is needed." Zion looked at Hugo with confusion, what was his story and why was Papa connected with someone with one arm and no social skills, Running the shadows certainly did bring out the most peculiar people.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:26:15 Office The Crime Mall; Puyallup

Cynic sat quiet while the new comer made his play.

Battered woman's shelter in need, wow, not like I couldn't find one of those in every district in the plex. Still boosting a van isn't really what I'd call work.

"If it's just a question of boosting some van and dropping it off at the shelter that hardly calls for this much help. Still, I'm willing to listen. What exactly would we be lifting and from whom?
phlapjack77

Hugo's shoulders slumped. He wasn't getting any help from Michael on this one, and it seemed the rest weren't as receptive to his idea as he'd hoped.

"Look...all I know is, my friends need help, and so I asked my contact Kilroy if he had anything for me. Kilroy put me in touch with Michael here, who in turn brought me here to meet you." he said quietly, eyes on the table the whole time.
Saytr

Zion follows Hugo's gaze to the table. "Listen chummer sad stories aren't what pay the bills. If killroy put you in contact with your friend here though and there might be a real chance at something more besides food stuffs, I am interested. Right now there are a few job offers out there so just fill us in on what else there might be or is there something you can offer to us besides the all needed Nuyen. We all have are own reasons for being here so just lay it out there. We aren't your buddies though we are business so dont try to sell us some sad story because thats not going to inspire any assistance." Zion looked at the others to see if he was speaking appropriatly and continued. "Also your friends obviously see this as something more then charity otherwise they wouldn't have brough us all together." Zion looks at Hugo's friend "Is there any recon on where you were going to get the stuff your after? would there be anything more then just food." Zion gives 3B a wink "Might even be something 3B here would be willing to help out with if there is something worth thier time."
phlapjack77

Sighing, Hugo gathered himself and continued.

"There's a grocery warehouse, run by Wall-e-World, near the docks in Tacoma. I know the area pretty well, and I have some contacts from the area that can help make sure things go smoothly before and afterwards. Either we hit an early morning delivery truck, or go directly at the warehouse itself. Warehouse is bound to have some high-nuyen inventory. Just depends on how much risk and reward everyone is looking for."

At this, Hugo gave a tentative smile. "That's it, all my cards. Seeing how big this group is, I'm starting to think that we could go after the warehouse directly."
Redjack
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:27 The Mall Office, Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

Michael nods to Aeryn and listens as the conversation continues allowing each in turn to reply. Once Satyr is complete, he starts to reply but allows Hugo to speak. When the one armed young man finishes, Michael speaks. "Actually, Kilroy said he had a Johnson that will be pitching a run tonight that your team will need the delivery truck for."

Papa pipes up, "I figured as much...."

Shotgun Joe speaks for the first time in the meeting. His voice deep and scarred, like he's smoked for a century. "I've located a second vehicle to carry the food to the shelter. There's a delivery truck being worked on at a shop in south Tacoma. Scheduled for completion by close of business tomorrow and pickup the day after. Gives us the full overnight to use it." He looks around before finishing. "We will take care of the second truck and the food delivery."

Papa reaches out and turns off the signal jammer. "Guess we need to ask Kilroy."

As the team's coms snap to life, they each find a message waiting from Kilroy.
<<@Team [Kilroy] A Johnson in meeting room #2 would like to offer you a job when you are ready.>>
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:27; inside the Office, The Mall, Puyallup

TEAM

The word resonated through Hugo's mind, echoing back and forth, back and forth. Each time it ricocheted he felt a little shiver on his skin. It had been so long since Hugo had been part of a team, part of a family...

Wait, that wasn't true. Didn't he still have a mother, a father? Wasn't Kendra family? Wasn't Danny? Cabre? The Star?

Feeling a little dizzy, Hugo clutched the table for support until his vision cleared. His far-away stare focused again on those around him.

He felt lucky, extremely lucky. Lucky. It was beginning to sound like he could get the help he needed, and maybe have a little something besides for himself. Musingly, he rubbed his missing left arm. A new arm...

Sending a quick query to the bar's help-desk, he received an ARO overlay indicating the location of meeting room #2. Getting up slowly, he proceeded into the room, a huge smile beaming out from behind his beard as he went.
Thanee
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:27:00; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup

"Now we are getting somewhere..." Aeryn remarks.

"See, that just couldn't have been all. Looks like it's Mr. K who has the bigger picture then. Alright, let's find out what this is all about."

The elf then also makes her way towards the meeting room.
Saytr
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:27:00; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup

Zion nods and motions for 3B and everyone to follow and head towards Room #2 in the Bar.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday April 5, 2070; Crime Mall

Cynic stood and followed the rest of the team towards the other meeting room. It was getting a bit crowded in here though and with all the moving parts to this operation he was beginning to get nervous.

Still work is work and this was the job so he followed along like a good little drone.
Redjack
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:30 The Mall Office, Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

Beaming, Lucky led the team followed by Aeryn, Satyr, Baby-Boom-Boom, Cynic and Papa. Michael, Shotgun Joe and the other two bid them adieu and spread out at the table.

The team of six find their way to conference room #2. The room is a bland sort of a room, but in good repair. It is about 4 meters long and 3.5 meters wide. An old, but serviceable table surrounded by folding chairs (including two troll sized) sits in the middle of the room, a white noise generator sitting in the middle of the table. Two pitchers of beer and a stack of plastic cups are the only other thing on the table. Sitting at the table is a human male in nice business suit. His hair is cut just right and his complexion light and soft. He appears to be in his early 30's. A heavy jacket, faded and more common the the area is draped across a chair next to him. Standing behind him is a human woman in a well worn security jacket, dark shades fixed on her face. Her long auburn hair is pulled back in a pony-tail.

Johnson looks up as the team enters, relaxed and calm. When the last enters, he gestures to the chairs. "Thank you for coming. Please have a seat and a beer. Its the local swill, but I'm sure you're not here for the brew." His companion remains standing near the wall behind him silently watching the team.
Saytr
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:30 The Mall Office, Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

Zion still had his own glass in hand and set it down in front of him sitting so he could see the door the johnsons gaurd. "Thank you." Zion was thinking in the back of his head what will this job have to do with the charity case moments before.
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:30; Meeting room #2, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

Pouring himself a beer, Lucky settled his frame into a chair and then took a exploratory sip as he waited for the Johnson to begin. His nerves were calmed now, in a setting and a situation Lucky was much more familiar and comfortable with. As he waited he stared at the Johnson and his hired muscle over the rim of the cup.
Thanee
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:30:00; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup

Aeryn also looks for a seat, nodding her head towards the Johnson in a gesture of greating.

She looks at the beer, but decides otherwise. Once seated, she simply waits for everyone to have settled in, so the interesting part can begin.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:31:15; The Office Meeting Room; Puyallup

Instead of taking his seat as indicated Cynic takes up a position leaning against the wall near the door, on the side without the hinges, and takes a moment to survey the room. He keeps his focus on the Johnson and the muscle but takes a moment to slip into astral perceptions and survey the room and the people.
Redjack
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:30:30 The Mall Office, Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

@Lucky
[ Spoiler ]
@Cynic
[ Spoiler ]

@Team
The team seated and several with beer, the Johnson looks around, a small smile on the corner of his mouth. "You look like just the team I need. Here is the high level: The job is an extraction from a corporate facility. Preferably low to no body count. We can assist with facility access tomorrow night via the delivery dock. Job pays 5,000 nuyen.gif per. 10% upfront for expenses." He leans back raising his hands in front of his chest, finger tips touching... ready to negotiate.
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:31; Meeting room #2, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

Lucky fought to keep the tremor of his hand under control. 5000 ¥ was a lot of money for him. But if he's offering that much at first...I wish Danny were here to bargain with this suit. He used to be better than me at this...what an odd thing to think...

Trying to casually take another swig from his beer to steady his hand, Lucky turned his head left and right to judge his new companions' reactions.
Thanee
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:31:00; Meeting Room #2, The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup

Aeryn ponders what to reply for a moment, collecting as much confidence as she can muster.

"Low to no body count. I also prefer it that way, but it makes things considerably more difficult, obviously. How about we raise your offer to a six, and make it one third of that up-front, so we actually can cover for any expenses."
Redjack
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:34 The Mall Office, Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

While Cynic focuses on the astral and Hugo strains to keep his glee under wraps, Zion & Papa silently watch and Aeryn spends several minutes going back and forth, with the Johnson. It is a dance or words, with Aeryn playing their reputation for getting the job done as her strongest card. In the end, he agrees.

A bead on sweat on the Johnson's forehead, he finally accepts Aeryn's unrelenting terms. "Six thousand each, 1/3 up front." He shakes Aeryn's hand and lays a datachip on the table. "The target is a spider named Tyler Vincent. You must extract him with his corporate supplied comlink. He gets it when he comes on shift and leaves it onsite, taking his personal com when offsite. The chip contains the address of the facility as well surveillance video of Mr Vincent. The comlink must be intact. Details for the delivery are on the chip as well as codes to get you to the dock tomorrow night. You should bring a small delivery truck. Questions?"

The bodyguard watches the team while everyone talks, mostly focused on Cynic.
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:35; Meeting room #2, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

Pulling himself together, Lucky asked,

"What kind of security are we expecting at this site? And you have surveillance footage of this Mr. Vincent. You have any kind of profile on him? What 'ware he might have? Gear he tends to carry? Favorite ice cream flavor? Things like that - any little detail can be useful."

He paused for a moment, eyeing the Johnson.

"Oh, and it would be really useful to know if this extraction is voluntary on Mr. Vincent's part or not."
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:35:10; Meeting Room-The Office; Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

Cynic shifted his weight forward so he wasn't leaning on the wall anymore and, moving slowly, took an easy step forward.

The new guy's request for a profile on the target was a little blunt but he raised one good issue that needed to be addressed. This didn't sound like an ice job on some corporate drone but best to be sure. Getting some data on the site shouldn't be too hard for Papa Smurf to gather from the Matrix. He wanted clarification on the most important point in his view.

"Ya, knowing whether this is a voluntary extraction or not is important. You said the commlink needed to be intact, how about Mr. Vincent? If we have to pick which one is the priority? We should be able to get both pretty easy but I like clear instructions."
Saytr
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:35:10; Meeting Room-The Office; Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

Zion sat there and considered the question as well thinking it would be kind of ironic to have to kidnap a grown adult. although it wasn't really unheard of in the metroplex. their espionage seemed to take a heavier toll on the employees then the actual company. raising another question of if the johnson was working for a corp and which one, the last thing he needed was a bounty on his head from one of the AAA's. sitting quietly was what he did best though until the shooting starts he has nothing to really contribute as for negotiating. 3B seemed to be soaking all the info well though and Zion wondered if he just introduced the ganger to her first run. letting a small smile cross his face Zion listened as read everyone movements looking for sign of distress or uneasyness. "It would work better in our favor if he didnt know we were coming.?"

<@Paps[Zion] "can you get a snap shot of the johnson, I think we need to know which corp is taking this guy and i would like to find this guy if something goes south.>
Redjack
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:35 The Mall Office, Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

Looking at Lucky, the Johnson replies. "He's partial to Blue Nuke Shakes, not ice cream. That detail is not in the profile though. The profile is pretty light." The Johnson starts to turn towards the others, but turns back to answer Lucky's last question. "Involuntary."

Turning to the mage, he replies next. "If I wanted Mr Vincent without the com, I could simply pay some local thugs 500 nuyen.gif to grab him at the stuffer-shack when he picks up one of those Blue Nuke Shakes after work. The com without Mr Vincent reduces my... options.... and it cuts your pay in half."

Turning to Zion, he answers the next question from the team. "If he finds out you're coming for him, I doubt you'll make it out of the facility."

3B sits watching the dialog. The moment of dawning occurs that she has been sitting at the table without a word. She sits up a little straighter and adds her 0.02 nuyen.gif to the conversation. "Where do we get the truck?"

Johnson turns to her, "Where ever you choose."

"What about the codes for the dock?" she adds.

Papa sits quietly.

"On the chip.. like I said earlier."

"Oh yea." she mumbles under her breath.

The Johnson looks around for more questions.

Papa sits quietly.
Thanee
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:35:40; Meeting Room #2, The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup

"Any more details about the access you can provide? What will we be expected to do there, and for how long, etc?"
Saytr
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:35:40; Meeting Room #2, The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup

Zion sits and listens to the answers soaking in it all and giving 3B a reassuring nod for atleast adding what she did. she will need some refining but he thought she would make a great assest in his future the more connected she got. Zion puts the datachip in one of his veset pockets and wonders what a rigger like Mr.Vincent has done to warrent a dramatic change in emplyment, time will tell. <@Team[Zion]"As soon as we get out of here Papa run a backround check on Mr.Vincent we need to know which corp we are dealing with asap, also work out a way to get inside that facilties system if possible. This is going to be interesting to say the least."> Zion then directed his attention to the Johnson waiting for Aeryns question to be answered, For once we dropped off the rigger what where we to do then. This better not be a doubel cross
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:36; Meeting room #2, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

Lucky put his head down for a second. He had to think. He had to have a moment. He had to...had to...

This is a kidnapping? I can't do that! Stealing, sure, I've made my peace doing that, but kidnapping? No way! I won't do it! I won't!
But what about WICANS? They'll fall if I don't get them some money. Surely one person is less important than the whole community?

Quiet curses in what sounded like Spanish came from his lowered head. As they died out Lucky raised his eyes to look at his teammates and said,

"Mierda. Ok, I'm in."
Redjack
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:36 The Mall Office, Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

"The access I can provide is codes for a delivery to the kitchens. As I understand such things, the code gives you access to the docks for a reasonable amount of time to make the deliveries. Access further into the complex will be up to you."

The Johnson turns to the one-armed runner, "Good.", then looks around the room. 3B in turn looks to Zion.
Saytr
Saturday April 5, 2070; 20:36 The Mall Office, Crime Mall; Puyallup Barrens

Zion looks from 3B to the Johnson "If there are no other particulars, Were good." Zion waits for the other to in turn give their response before he stands up to leave. he shoots his LTG number to the one armed man. as well he sends a message to everyone in the room. <@Team[Zion] "since we have less then 24 hours. lets meet somewhere once were done here to talk shop">
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:36; Meeting room #2, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

<<@Team[Lucky]: Why don't we just meet back in the main room, maybe our friends are still there and we can try to coordinate our efforts, like how we're going to get the truck, and how we'll use it...>>
Thanee
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:36:20; Meeting Room #2, The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup

"Well... I guess we have some planning to do then..." Aeryn says.
Redjack
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:36:20; Table #5, The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup

The Johnson nods to Aeryn, "Yes, it appears that way."

The team members rise one after another and make their way out of the room leaving the Johnson and his escort alone. The bar is much the way they left it less than ten minutes ago and their table is still occupied by the same crew they left it with. One by one, they all squeeze back around the table. Except for a quick round of musical chairs and a chip in Zion's pocket, its like they never got up.

3-B is the first to pipe up, "When do we split the up front?"
Saytr

Zion shrugs she did have a point. "a little quick to cash in aren't we. We have to ensure we have the nuyen to pay for costs first, pay offs and information aren't cheap and if we are to get this done we have to stay anonymous which means discretion and finesse and maybe some disguises. what's left over we split."
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:36; Table #5, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

Squeezing back into what he thought was his old seat, Lucky poured his plastic cup of beer into the half-empty glass still on the table.

"We need to review the details of the job on that chip the Johnson gave us, so that we can coordinate things with Michael and his crew here. A big obstacle might be figuring out the delivery truck timing. Zion, let's look at those details now"

Lucky attempted to put a good show on for this speech, even though his hand was trembling slightly as he held his glass of beer.
Saytr
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:36; Table #5, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

Zion looks around the table finally reaching into his pocket to retrieve the datachip from his pocket and hands it Papa Smurf "Give us the low down chummer." grabbing for his own beer cup which was still half full. he really wanted to use that money to get those new toys but those would have to wait. the Job came first after all. First off everyone was going to have to switch to non lethal weapons which was going to mean tonfa sticks for him and gell ammo for weapons. was going to be tough to take down any combatants.
Redjack
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:38; Table #5, The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup

3B blushes slightly, then grits her teeth and sits back in her seat, aware than her inexperience has suddenly had a spot light placed on it.

The troll links the team into a TeamNet and brings a window. As quick as the window comes up, he pauses it. Seconds pass. Then a few more seconds. Looking at Papa, he seems to be concentrating deeply, his eyes closed. Then as quickly as he paused, his eyes snap open again.

Across the bar, several patrons begin talking loudly, gesturing towards a slender elf at the bar. The elf looks directly across the room at Papa then at a pair of human who have stood up and are approaching him, one of them asking, "What the hell are you doing boy?" The elf scrambles towards the exit, the duo chasing after him.

Papa looks back the the team. Seeing the questioning stares he simply replies, "Putz didn't know who he was messing with."
TeamNet provides several AR windows for the team to peruse.
- Tyler Vincent: Human male. 29 years old. Surveillance video of him getting a Blue Nuke Shake from a Quiky-Mart. His listed employer is Apprentice Industries.
- Apprentice Industries Tacoma Facility: 200 Saint Helens Ave. The human resources and legal departments for Apprentice Industries is based out of this facility.
- Delivery pass codes: These codes are valid from midnight until 4am for the delivery docks and include a note about access to the kitchens for final delivery.
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:39; Table #5, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

"Ok, Michael, is your team able to give us access to a delivery van between midnight and 4am? Wait, Papa, does that datachip tell us when Mr. Vincent comes on shift?"
Thanee

"I thought the plan was to get the food for Michael and his crew and keep the snatched van to use for our show," Aeryn explains.
Saytr

Zion nods in agreement with Aeryn <@Team[Zion]"Thats correct. We must procure our own van. Once we do the snatch and grab though Papa your going to have to deactivate any kind of tracking device inside the mark and the device, We do not want a corp strike force chasing us through Seattle in a POS van.Also to ensure they do not terminate a potential asset loss we are going to have to make sure Mr. Vincent is protected as well, sounds funny but i am sure just like in high value targets instead of losing a valuable asset they might want to ensure he doesnt go anywhere else either."> Zion thought back to his wildcat days when they would do stuff in extraditions circumstances and end up if they couldn't retrieve the target alive then leave them dead.
phlapjack77
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:39; Table #5, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

"Oh....right...err...yeah. We still have to snatch the Wall-E-World delivery truck, transfer the goods to Michael and his crew, then get to the delivery docks. Right. Right."

The momentum and confidence Lucky had built up before evaporated in his confusion over the details of the job. Trying to recover his balance, he quickly gulped the remainder of his cup, splashing a little on his clothing in the process. Feeling a little better, Lucky put the cup down, wiped his hand across his mouth in an attempt to clean out his beard, and continued. Accessing the TeamNet, he added his own AR window. He threw up the mapsoft for the Tacoma area, marking the relevant locations for all to see.

"Here's the Wall-E-World we'll hit. And here's the location of Apprentice Industries. We can work on figuring out our routes from here."
Redjack
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:40; Table #5, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

Michael looks over to the dwarf, Shotgun Joe nods. The dwarf then speaks, his voice sounding like gravel dropping into a stream. "Just tell me where and when you want us with the second truck."

An AR puppy brings a basket of reddish berries to Hugo. The AROs have a cartoon feel to them. A simple inspection reveal them to be a TeamNet invitation. A napkin in the basket is a log. It contains Zion's last statements in TeamNet. 3B also joins TeamNet with Zion, Aeryn and Papa.

<<@Team [Papa] RFID burner and scanner. Check. Might be a good idea if I dummy up a signal from the delivery truck to make it look like its making deliveries. That type of stuff is easier if my meet is somewhere else and I am in full VR. You want me on over watch or in the flesh? Both have pros and cons...>>

<<@Zion [Papa] Search frame just came back on the Johnson's image. Looks like the guy's name is Mark Gregory. VP for Asset's Inc. A temp agency with ties to the shadows. Undoubtedly, his is a middle-man.>>

<<@Team [3B] Whose dumping the body of the poor slob driver and where you all thinking to dump it?>>
Saytr

Zion listens to everyones information as it comes in on the TeamNet. <@Papa[Zion]" Ok, well lets keep his info in case. Save what ever you found we might need to refer to it later.">

<@Team[Zion]"3B Can you arrange the van driver to be taken someplace and dropped plus when were done we can get dump the van when were done in your neck of the woods. Papa if you want to work from you dos, you can link up withe who evers Com and stay with us elcetronically. If we lose you though we will know either you have been compromised or were being blocked either way is fine with me. i would like what ever advantage we can get wile inside a corp building. Security is going to be better then what we are used to dealing with.">
Zion was trying mulling over his head what type of reaction to expect from Alliance corp using his past experience with security he wanted to make a educated guess as to what thier reactions would be and how far they would be willing to go to get thier property back.
phlapjack77

Nodding his head in thanks to Papa, Lucky responded to the questions.

<<@Team[Lucky]Papa, I would initially ask that you be with us, as there's no telling if the extraction point is RF-shielded. But if you can do your work better from somewhere else...well, you're the expert on this. We can keep control of the delivery van to use as the vehicle to carry away our extraction subject. Then we make sure the vehicle is never found, clearing our tracks for both jobs. And we'll be leaving the driver unharmed in a safe location. We don't want any more attention from Wall-E-World than necessary. I can handle low-level police responses, but not if it escalates to something serious.>>

<<@JavaJane[Hugo]I'm thinking about joining the world of delivery services. Do you know of a trustyworthy supplier of uniforms? I'd need a few custom delivery uniforms on fairly short-notice.>>
Redjack
Saturday April 5th, 2070; 20:42; Table #5, The Office, The Mall, Puyallup

3B listens to both of the requests.
<<@Team [3B] Sure. When that boy wakes up, he'll be hung over with a new tattoo... but alive and with no memory of the party the night before.>>

<<@Hugo [JavaJane] A++ Uniforms supplies my aprons and launders them. What are you getting into?>>

<<@Team [Papa] I'm flexible. Anything else we need?>>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012