Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:36; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Aeryn; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

"In fact, yeah, I also hope we won't qualify for the bonus. I'm not eager to get shot at."

To Zion Aeryn replies: "Well, I have my car, but we really need something we can leave there, right? Because, I'm going to have to drive the truck home. So maybe we should just rent a car to get to V City?"
Cedric Rolfsson
Wednesday March 19, 2070; 19:36 Mall

"I am in, 2K works, but we gotta go now if we're going to do this. Will the cargo stand up to basic chemical sensor sweeps? I haven't figured out a way to mask explosives from a sensor sweep yet."

Cynic wasn't worried about the time crunch, he was thinking 2K for 8 hours worth of work wasn't bad at all.
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:36; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Zion;PAN=hidden[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(not broadcasting)

Zion looks over at cynic then to Aeryn "Lon is it? can you transfer all the data you have for us we can review on our way up and call with any questions. if all goes well we will see you for the Nuy.if everyone is cool with that we really need to get a jump on this."

Zion then flips threw his conacts listing quickly, and redies his transpoter contact when the signal for his comlink returns.
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:36; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Lynx;PAN=hidden[LTG] SIN=Luna Miele (not-broadcasting)

Lynx nods, agreeing with the slight urgency the others express. She hasn't checked the route yet in detail, but it's a far distance, and with border crossing and Seattle traffic... "Yes, we better get moving."
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:37; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

Lon looks to the young ganger. "A chemical sniffer should not be an issue."

He then replies to the elven street sam, "Yes. Lon. Data? I have an address where the truck is and an encryption key to unlock the truck. I know I need that truck in this parking lot in seven hours and twenty-two minutes." He smiles a sly-smile, "All that and I saved the cost of a data chip.". He finishes with a wink.
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:37; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

"Well then, anything else we need to discuss? Otherwise, I would say, we should best be on our way."

Aeryn then looks back at Lon, saying "Half up front, half plus potential bonus on delivery?"
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:37; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

"I have nothing to add." Lynx spreads her hand as she answers. Things seem to be progressing according to schedule. She wonders to herself if they would use fake SINs to cross the border - this could be a bit of a hurdle.
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:38; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

Lon smiles, turning at Aeryn. "I have two thousand in certified cred with me; That'd be a quarter up front since you dickered me up on the fee." He disables the privacy node and the matrix snaps alive on everyone's com. He passes across an ARO shaped like a briefcase. A quick inspection by Aeryn confirms certified cred in the stated amount.

Lon slides out and bids the team adieu.
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:38; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Zion;PAN=passive[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(Broadcasting)

Zion flips through his virtual rolladex for his transporter contact. sending him a message <Zion @ Transporter " looking for one way trip up north, you instrested?>
Redjack

<<@Zion [Transporter] You are in luck. My client tonight ended their outing early following a little domestic in-tranquility. How far north, how many and what is the threat level?>>
Saytr

Zion looks at the others around the table "well i have us a ride there. my contact has a opening for tonight. one way, everyone get thier gear and what they need and meet in front of my doss." <Zion@Boss "yeah boss we would like to take a trip up north.one way. four total plus hardware.sorry for the last minute pick up. just pick me up from my doss then we can head out."> Zion send him the destination of drop off and a up front payment of 100 Nuyen for tenative time withheld. Zion looks over his new gun and is please a highway run will be a great practice for any trouble on the highway.
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:39; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

"Very good. Do you have the adress?" Lynx doesn't really need to get much gear - has not miuch, to be precises - but she'd rather park her bike somewhere safe before embarking on such a trip.
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:39; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

Zion forgetting that Lynx had never been to his place. eyes her " well if you want to just follow me there i need to get a few things. you can park your bike there as well, i am parked at the little garage a block away. "Aeyrn and cynic "you guys still know where i live right?"

Zion remembered doing convoys from back in his military days everyone checked thier gear together and they also had some of the heaviest armored vehicles known to man and the best gear he hoped this run was like a simple drive through the valley, who knew maybe no one would mes with the load and this would be money in the bank. who am i kidding nothing is ever easy in seattle .
Cedric Rolfsson
Wednesday March 19, 2070; 21:39:35; The Office, Crime Mall

Cynic looked at the merc and the hot chick, he was trying to figure if the old guy was making a move or not. She looked like she'd be one of those perpetual motion machines in bed but there probably wasn't enough time right now to make it worth his while, the old guy wouldn't last nearly as long.

He smirked at no one in general and everyone in particular.

"So you want us to show up about 15 minutes later? I'll be there. I'm going to go gather my gear.

Cynic nodded at everyone and stood up. He wanted to com some people and see if they'd heard about anything hoping with the border security.
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:40; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

"Very good. And yes, I guess I will find it..."
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:40; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

<<@Zion [Transporter] We'll use a limo to get out of town; I have a line on one I can use to cross over with. We'll switch to a panel van several klicks north of the border; It'll have Salish registration. Normally that'd be 100 nuyen.gif per hour, each way; Combat bonuses and damages are additional. Since its you, let's cut out the haggling and call it 75. Burn on credentials at the border crossing will be an additional 250 nuyen.gif . Balance due at the drop off and an expected travel time of 5.5 hours each way. Deal?>>
Saytr

Zion amazed at the rate but glad it was atleast a reliable ride looks to group. "alright 75 per hour at 5.5 hours just to get there not leaving us a lot of time to get back, plus another 250 once we are at the border. split four ways it will be cheap crossing into the area. see you guys shortly."

<Zion @ Boss "sounds like its a deal. think you can cut the travel time so we can get back in four hours. if not we will make due with what ever we have. see you in a few minutes. ">

i hope the driver coming back has a quick rig we will need to cut some cornors somewhere
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:41; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

"I still need to get a few pieces that might come in handy, so I need to make a quick detour home." Lynx makes a mental list - short, given her lack of gear.

Jumpsuit, survival knife and medkit. The adept isn't planning on wearing the suit right away, but given the circumstances of the trip, it could come in more than handy.
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:41; The Office, Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

"roger that.see you all in about 30." Zion sends Lynx his address via PAN message. with no other comments made Zion starts out to his bike to start to his quick trip to his house. thinking about his bags he wanted to check with the crazy dwarf about some frag grenades.
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 21:41; Crime Mall, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

"See you there."

Aeryn heads down to her bike, hands the gangers a reasonable tip, and gets going.
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 22:15; I-5, Tacomo, Seattle

Everyone made it back to their respective flops without issue; A level of success all unto itself, given a starting point of the Crime Mall. In short order, the Transporter picked up each member of the team: Zion, Cynic & Aeryn all from Zion's apartment and Lynx from her place in Tacoma.

The limo is jet black and a comfortable ride; Cynic does find that the min-bar is locked down. The Transporter is a human male in his late thirties. His style, cut and presence screams former military. He is polite, though curt and soon the team is all loaded and looking towards crossing the border.

<<@Zion [Transporter] Base pay is still 1,075. Make you a deal: Extra 100 nuyen.gif for every 1/2 hour I shave off. Deal?>>
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 22:15; I-5, Tacomo, Seattle
Zion;PAN=HIDDEN[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(Broadcasting)

Zion looks at the time on his HUD then reads the amount he last checked on his PAN of how much funds he has. <Zion @Transporter "done.by the way i might know a crazy elf who might be into anything. ill tell you about it later."> Zion then text a quick message to the team "<Zion @ Team "Driver is going to try to quicken the drive a little but its goin to cost a little extra. I hope we don't need it but its always nice to have a little time to play with."> for the duration of the ride Zion is sharpening and cleaning his sword, also inspecting the new Drum for his ingram to ensure he is familiar with its workings as well as to make sure he can fix it if it jams.
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 22:15; I-5, Tacoma, Seattle

Lynx nods. She doesn't like spending too much, but given how close this run is calculated, time-wise, it seems a good investment - provided they don't get caught for speeding. The adept spots Zion cehcking his new drum, and follows his example by also checking her guns and other gear.
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:00; I-5, Everett, Seattle

The ride in the limo, north, through the city is pleasant. The car rides nice and the team has plenty of time to check their weapons, as well as familiarize themselves with recent acquisitions. Twice, the driver makes a quick detour down off-ramps and back onto the freeway. Once there is a 'thump' from the back. The only explanation given is, "Convincing the locals we are not worth the effort."

Via AR, the team is kept up to date on the expected arrival time at the border. Current remaining time is 14:02.

<<@Team [Papa Smurf] I'll be your hacker for the evening. I'm a little tied up tonight with other obligations, but if there is something you need I will do my best.>>

An ARO for SmurfNet appears to each of the team members.

<<@Team [Papa Smurf] I've sent each of an invitation to my custom TeamNet software. I also need a com I can use as a jump point if you would like me to perform any local hacking for you. Anything else you need?>>
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 22:15; I-5, Everett, Seattle

"That's a nice car. Well worth the money for the ride, I'd say. If we make it quicker, that's alright to me. We are on a tight schedule after all."
Cedric Rolfsson
Wednesday March 19, 2070; On the Road Again

Cynic gave up his random dialing on the mini-bar's lock and sat back in his seat. He checked the ARO visual on the team's arrival time and thought over his options.

"Hey guys, if we need to move faster I could probably pull up an Earth Elemental which might help us move along but we'll have to get past the border security guys first.
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:00; I-5, Seattle border

Zion could only check his gear so many times before it got repetitious. Zion finally pulled up a mapsoft of Seattle and where there were going for the drop and asked and tried to figure the best route back to Seattle. "Aeryn think you could figure a quick way back"

Zion also replied to papa smurf including the team <Zion@team and papa smurf"you can use my com to do your biz, just please don't jack around like the last kid we had, he got hauled off by someone only our Johnson knows think, as to any requests if you could get us a smooth traffic route with no red lights and heads up on any flatfoot patrols on our way back that would be awesome.> password to Zions com was sent with a attachment to papa smurf.
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:02; I-5, Tacoma, Seattle
Lynx;PAN=hidden[LTG] SIN=Luna Miele (broadcasting)

An earth elemental? thinks Lynx, torn between excitement ("Magic! Like in "The Nine Hells of Tokyo") and some hidden dread (Magic? Like in "The Nine Hells of Tokyo"?). She wonders if, should the elemental go out of control, her bullets would bounce off of it, but doesn't voice any objection - the lure of the credits is far stronger.
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:00; I-5, Everett, Seattle

Aeryn nods to Zion. "Yep, I guess we cannot start with that early enough, or can we?"

Then she starts up her mapping program in AR, and takes a closer look at the area between their starting point and their destination.

"Well, obviously we will have to head down the five, like now, just the other direction, in order to make it on time, otherwise the coastal route might have been an option. Anyways, keep an eye out, we do have the advantage, that we will see much of the route on our way north, so potential problems could be identified already."
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:15; I-5, Seattle, UCAS & Salish-Shidhe Border

Several minutes of conversation and easy ride pass for the team before eases up on the border. As they approach, a blue troll with a floppy white hat appears in AR as if sitting in the back of the limo with the team.

<<@Zion [Papa Smurf] Null sheen Chummer, I'm a pro.>>

"Stay cool, we appear to have hit the magic number for inspection." comes the call back from the Transporter as the limo pulls off to the side to the inspection area. A guard with a MAD scanner approaches the vehicle.

"On it." and the AR troll steps through the limo and approaches the border guard, who is completely unaware. The troll pulls a potion bottle out of a pouch, splashing the contents on guard. A whisp of AR generated electric static is visible to the team, but appearance not the guard. He then tosses a squirrel at the guard. The squirrel squirms into the guard's uniform and disappears. Finally, as the guard levels the MAD scanner at the vehicle and begins to walk along, Papa pulls out an impossibly large blanket from a small belt pouch and drapes it over the scanner before stepping back into the limo and returning to his seat. Lifting a wooden mug as if to toast, "Here's to a good night"
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:15; I-5, Seattle, UCAS & Salish-Shidhe Border

< [Aeryn] Nice work. Quite funny, too. >
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:02; I-5, Seattle, UCAS & Salish-Shidhe Border

Lynx laughs and agrees with Aeryn - quite a show. Almost as good as in the Trid. She doesn't say the last part loud, though.
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:02; I-5, Seattle, UCAS & Salish-Shidhe Border

never thought i would be saved by a blue troll <Zion @ PAPASMURF"quite funny. lets hope the way down is just as smooth">
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30; I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

In another minute, the limo is heading north again. Several more minutes and Papa Smurf, blinks out and connection to the matrix starts to come and go.
<<@Team [Papa Smurf] Seems that, in addition to spotty service, there is some active hacking of the matrix network on the North I-5. I'll try and see what this is about and connect up with you as I'm able.>>

Nearly another ten minutes on and the limo has exited the interstate and moved through a number of city streets.
<<@Team [Transporter] We seem to have a complication. It appears that we picked up a few locals on the interstate who have followed us. We need to dump them before going to my safe house to change vehicles.>>
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30; I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

< [Aeryn] If we can do anything to help... >

Aeryn is unsure to what extent she actually could be of help in the current situation, but it doesn't hurt to offer her help, she thought.
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30; I-5, Seattle, UCAS & Salish-Shidhe Border

< [Lynx] What kind of trails do we have? Bikes?> The adept would prefer bikes, her pistols are not the best weapons to deal with cars, should it come to a fight.

Maybe I could pop a tire or too...
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30; I-5, Seattle, UCAS & Salish-Shidhe Border

Zion looks behind the limo through the window looking to see what exaclty the transporter was talking about. "well you know the area better then we do i think. you know where we can set up a ambush to make us more trouble then we are worth." Zion prepares his new clip and his ingram to lay down a spray of death at what ever is coming towards them. he readies his ingram for actin and gets ready to pop out the window if need be to unload.
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:30; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Behind the limo, the headlights betray that their pursuers are in a pair of vehicles; Probably small SUV's of some sort. Their visual inspection of the vehicles comes to an abrupt stop as they grab for support when the limo comes to an abrupt stop. A vehicle is blocking their path in front as well. "I would prefer to resolve this without damage to my limo."

A voice from behind the limo calls out, "Everyone out."
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:35; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Crap Crapcrapcrap...

Lynx has her two pistols out and is waiting. As the new kid, and out of her element, she's waiting for the team to decide whether to go out guns blazing, or what else. Meanwhile she studies any available feed from sensors and cameras to her commlink, trying to spot ambushers and priority threats.
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:30; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Aeryn nods.

< [Aeryn] Any idea what kind of freaks they are? Cynic can you quickly check, if they have a mage? If not, I guess you might have some means to scare them off or make sure they realize it isn't worth the effort? >
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:30; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion slides the chamer on his ingram back and prepares for the worst he gets ready to open the left door of the limo and come out firing. Zion looks for anything that could be used for cover on the off ramp, looking to the others "we have to be quick they wont wait long" Zion tries to get a better look at how many there are <Zion @ Transporter "how many up front? were thinking of making a run i think">
Cedric Rolfsson
Wednesday March 19, 2070; 23:30:30; I-5, Washington Territory

Astral space here isn't nearly as cluttered as around the sprawl, so Cynic finds it pretty easy to slip into astral space to do a quick count of the number of bad guys in each vehicle and scan for anyone active magically.
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:36; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

The video feeds from the limos front and rear cameras provide poor quality video. The vehicle in front and both in back are facing the limo with high-beam lights flooding the area with light. Being a limo, it sports side cameras; A perk not normally found on ground vehicles. The view from those cameras reveal that out the passenger side is a curb and sidewalk leading up to the building front of an auto parts store. The driver's side presents another lane and then curb, sidewalk and vacant store front. The limo could probably be driven around the vehicle in front quite easily, except for the threat of the vehicle occupants.

<<@Zion [Transporter] Not sure. By the height and spread of the lights, I'm thinking a jeep or something. That would seat about four if they loaded up. Its days like this that make me want to invest a fly-spy.>>

Cynic slips out of his body and circles through the vehicles; Leaving his body took as much time as all the rest combined. He has a count of the occupants, but he has another issue: As he slips into the last vehicle (second one behind the limo), he finds someone who is astrally active.
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:36; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

< [Aeryn] Good point, I will get my Fly-Spy out to provide some air surveillance, but what then? They might be too many to fight them. >

Aeryn then starts her Fly-Spy drone and opens the window a bit for it to be able to get out and straight down under the limo for now. Then she directs it towards the store, flying on ground level, before moving up, once it is out of the spotlight. Flying on top of the building, it the gives an image of the vehicle in front of them first, before taking a look behind them.
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:36; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Cynic
[ Spoiler ]

Inside the limo, just as Aeryn's drone is exiting the window, Cynic's astral form hits his meat-body with a force that causes the young mage to involuntarily convulse so violently that he literally spins into the air.
Saytr

Zion moves so not to be struck by any flying body parts from cynic "what the drek? is he alive?" Zion moved to check thinking to himself cynic either had a really bad seizer or he just got poped by another spell slinger, Zion slings his smartgun and leans toward the front of the limo " T if things go south get the hell out of here." Zion looks at Aeryn "im going to see what they want probably money or the limo but we can't give them a lot of one and for sure not the limo, ill try to work out a deal without getting us geeked."Zion moved to the door to get out of limo and adress gangers he guess who cornered them.

<Zion@papsmurf " i dont know if you can do this but we could use some help if you can hack the cars infront of our limo to get out of the way that would be awesome."> Zion sends PapaSmurf his access to his PAN along with a rough idea of where they were so he can do his thing through Zions PAN and hopefully do something to help out the situation.
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:39; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Once the acrobatic flight of the young mage within the limo is complete, it is easy to ascertain that he is in one piece, alive and nearly rabid with anger.

<<@Team [PapaSmurf] I picked up their TeamNet. The signal is encrypted so not much I can do post haste there, but I can inject a heavy stream of high pitched garbage. Should give you a moment of surprise. Will that help?>>

Aeryn's drone has reached an altitude of several meters above the limo. From this vantage point, it makes out the form of the vehicle in front of the limo and the two behind.

The voice in the vehicle behind the limo calls out again. "Try that again and we just fill the vehicle with holes and salvage what's left. I said OUT!"
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:39; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

< [Aeryn] Well, I don't know what we can do. As long as they are in the cars, I cannot do much. I only carry a light pistol and that doesn't pierce vehicle armor. I know a bit about encryption and decryption, maybe I can help there? >

Aeryn will put her time to good use, starting her programs to help with the decryption process.
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:39; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

<[Lynx]What do we do? I can't make out how many they are, and if they're bluffing or if we would do a replay of the Wild Bunch if we come out with guns blazing. What do the drone sensors say?> Lynx is still keeping her guns ready, and mentally preparing to kick the door open, then grab the roof with one hand, vaulting out of the car and on its roof, pulling her gun in the process, then jumping off the roof with guns firing... at whatever target she might see then.
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:40; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

< [Aeryn] Take a look yourself. >

Aeryn feeds the drone's sensor information into the teamnet, so they can all see the video.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012