Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070 04:17:31 Hwy-167; Puyallup

Cynic was reassured by the competence of his teammates for tonight's excursion, his warning had been a waste of breath.

Maybe this shadow running thing won't be that bad. At least my crew seems capable of surviving a gun fight for longer than a few seconds, that's better than what happened with the Devilkids.

He settled back into his seat, shifting his shoulder holster around trying to find a comfortable position for it and the seat belt and the armored jacket, pretty much a waste of time. The shoulder holster was the most comfortable rig he'd found yet for carrying a gun but it was far from comfortable in the best of situations. Finding the least uncomfortable position he glanced over at the hot elf chick driving, allowing himself a few seconds of diverting juvenile fantasy before talking. He felt the corners of his mouth twitch upwards in a smile before he got control of himself.

"Aeryn, have you looked at a map of this area where we're doing this exchange? Either the pick up or drop off? I haven't had a chance to look at a detailed map yet, and was hoping one you guys had gotten a chance to get a terrain map downloaded. I like to make a practice of knowing the terrain I'm going to be dealing with, but this job was too rush-rush."

Cynic realized that request might be a little to geeky for the rep he was looking for as a bad ass combat mage, so he added a leer to the end of the request and ran his eyes along the elf from top to bottom, lingering on the later.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:17:45; Hwy-167, Puyallups
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

"Once you got your eyes focused on the front window again, you will see the map."

In the HUD area within the front window, a highly detailed map of Seattle can be seen now, stepwise zooming in on their target location.
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:17:45; Hwy-167, Puyallups
Zion;PAN=passive[LTG] SIN=gabe Moore(not broadcasting)

Encrypted call
<Zion @Aeryn "yeah everything worked out in Collaterals favor it seems, once we get there do you know which route we are taking to get out of the city? i know we were going to look at one earlier but do you already have one selected?>
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:27:30; Hwy-167, Auburn

Aeryn sits back as the vehicle nearly pilots itself. The handling is smooth and the suspension definitely not stock. Cynic's watcher effortlessly keeps pace with the vehicle even as it circles in astral space. Zion follows closely behind, no threats visible up to this point.

By the time the suburban reaches Hwy-18 in Auburn, Collateral is less than a mile behind the rest of the team. He is dismayed though to see a Star cruiser merge onto Hwy-167 two car lengths behind Zion's bike...
Unarmed
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:27:30; Hwy-167, Auburn
Collateral; PAN = passive [LTG, Datajack]; SIN = Theodore Faron (not broadcast)

Collateral rides hard to catch up with the rest of the team, closing the gap significantly. He probably wouldn't be late for the meet at all at the pace he was going. Up ahead, He notices the cruiser slide into the street behind their suburban.

Oh Christ. I thought I was supposed to be lucky, but it's not rubbing off tonight.

<@Team [Collateral] Bad news. You've got the Star on your tail, about two car lengths back. Just fly casual and hopefully you'll be alright. I'm going to try and locate their node in case I have to hack it. I'm not the best hacker, but with a little luck I might be okay.>
Saytr
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:27:30; Hwy-167, Auburn

Zion swiches his wired reflexes back on getting ready to get into action if he really needed to and heads away towards the next off ramp watching if the cruiser follows him or the van. <@Collateral "thanks for the heads up Collateral, ill see if he wants me or the van if so ill loose him in traffic and meet up with you guys later. If he is after the van ill attract his attention away from the van while you guys head off to the meet. sound like a plan?"

Zion switches his google map on after the subvocal call to Collateral and looks up a couple diffrent routes he could take to loose the cops if he had to using his seattlesoftware, a few moments after looking up diffrent routes he starts to change lanes to see if the cops are after him or the van.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:27:35; Hwy-167, Auburn
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

< [Aeryn] Sounds good. >

Aeryn continues to drive with the flow of traffic as she did before the warning call, keeping to speed limits or slightly over, but not going notably faster than the other cars on the highway.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:30:15; Hwy-167, Auburn

Looking ahead on the maps, it is nearly three miles to the next exit at 15 St NW. Zion and the Star cruiser both take the exit ramp as the suburban continues on north on Hwy-167...
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:30:40; Hwy-167, Auburn

< [Aeryn] Looks like they are either after you or headed somewhere else entirely... yaknow, might just be a coincidence. Better don't tick them off until you know for sure. >
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070 04:30:40; Hwy-167 Auburn

Cynic doesn't bother to look over his shoulder at the crusier, just settles a little deeper into his seat.

"I'm going astral by right back."

He didn't wait for a reply, simply closed his eyes and bent his will to the task of projecting astrally. The transition was almost effortless from years of practice, and he found himself floating through the astral landscape around his meat body. He floated up through the roof of the van and turned back towards the cruiser behind them.

Time to assense these guys, maybe that'll tell us something.
Saytr
Saturday March 2, 2070 04:30:40; Hwy-167 Auburn

<@Aeryn"alright ill try to lose them if they flash me, ill meet you guys at the meet if not a little late.also ask the kid if any of these star are magical in anyway? "> Zion uses his knowledge of the pullyallups to think of any meta clubs in the immediate area. Zion looks down at his thigh and hopes that the star isnt on to him for his throwing knives that would be to funny. Zion switches his com to the map area of auburn and looks for a round about way towards a club in the local area and if the foot are still on his tail he will attempt to lose them.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:30:45; Hwy-167, Auburn

< [Aeryn] Uhh, I'm not sure, if he can hear me right now... but I'll tell him as soon as I can. >
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:30:45; Hwy-167, Auburn

Zion trys to think of why in the world the wizkid wouldnt be coherent <@ALL "ill let you guys know the out come here shortly. if nothing comes of it awesome. Aeryn when the kid comes around pinch make him more responsive for me.">

I have got to loose the foot and fast so i can get to the meet
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:31:00; Hwy-167, Auburn

Zion comes to a stop at the intersection. Caddy-corner across the street is a stuff shack.
@Zion
[ Spoiler ]

Cynic hovers inside the patrol cruiser assensing the aura of the two individuals within.
@Cynic
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:31:03; Hwy-167, Auburn
Zion

You locate a number of clubs to the east and to the south. You also have an epiphany.. It's 04:30.... looking around at the exit, the stuffer shack across the street, the street lights... Its clean, well maintained... All street lights are working, the buildings look fairly new...
Unarmed
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:31:30; Hwy-167, Auburn

Keeping a careful eye on the text message traffic between Zion and the rest of the team, Collateral keeps his pace steady, still catching up to the suburban ahead, keeping a careful eye out for threats.

Hopefully we've seen our fill, before we get the package at least. I'm not naive enough to think that there might not be trouble getting the damned thing across the border.
Saytr
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:31:30; Hwy-167, Auburn
Zion;PAN=passive[LTG] SIN=gabe Moore(broadcasting)

"Oh crap, where the hell am I?" Zion realizing that this neiborhood is much to nice to be any good rolls into the parking lot of the stuffer shack, waiting to see if the foot follow him into the stuffer shack parking lot. Zion trys to keep a calm and collective aura about him while he sits on his bike collecting himself as he turns his LTG to start broadcasting a normal signal.
Redjack
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:32:00; Hwy-167, Auburn

The suburban rolls on northward with a Harley now covering their six.

Zion pulls into the parking lot of the stuffer shack, rolling in casually. The cruiser continue on towards Auburn proper. Being 0-dark-30, the parking lot is otherwise empty.
Saytr
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:32:00; Hwy-167, Auburn

Zion realizing that could have turned out badly makes a quick call to find the group<@ALL "hoi chummer that was a little distracting, they pulled off my tail ill catch up"> with that Zion waits a couple minutes before taking off down the street to pull back onto the highway and play catch up using the speed limit when possible of course.
Cedric Rolfsson
Sunday March 2, 2070: 04:33:00 Hwy 167 Auburn

Cynic settles back into his body, and quickly scrolls through the text messages to catch up on the conversation.

ALL: Sorry guys, I'd projected to scope out the situation, that's why I wasn't responding. It took me a minute to find my body again.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:41:12; I-405, Renton

The suburban and Harley merge onto the I-405. Welcome to Renton. Its still dark out, but the traffic is heavier on the I-405 than the 167, but still sparse. The trip through the Auburn district had been without incident after losing the star cruiser.

Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:44:06; I-405, North Renton

As the main complement of the team pass Night of Rage Memorial Beach, Zion is merging onto the I-405.

Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:50:30; Hwy-520, Northrup, Bellvue
The main team reaches the Northrup neighborhood of Bellvue and merge onto Hwy-520, Zion is still three minutes behind them as everyone has been pushing the speed limit but trying to avoid drawing any attention.
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:50:30; Hwy-520, Northrup, Bellvue

Zion reads the time on his AR contact lenses and starts to wonder how it would look if they were late for the pick up. Zion kicks it up just a bit to catch up to the team.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:54:00; Hwy-520, Redmond Barrens

The team follows Hwy-520 across central Bellvue to the 148th street wall. Erected decades ago to segregate the Bellvue neighborhoods from the Redmond Barrens it is reminiscent of another wall halfway across the planet a century earlier.

As the team crosses over the wall, the state of the road immediately falls to disrepair. Luckily they are taking the exit anyway. Zion, having kicked his bike up, lays against the engine as he screams down the highway towards the barrens. Up ahead he sees the brake lights of the team as they exit the highway half a mile ahead.

As Aeryn pulls the suburban off the highway towards the side street, a number of motorcycles pull out of side streets and the cover of rubble moving towards the suburban.

@Cynic
[ Spoiler ]
Thanee

< [Aeryn] Hope these will just move by for a change... >

Aeryn slowly continues to drive towards their destination for now, watching the gangers with some suspicion.
Saytr

Zion sighs a breath of relief knowing he made it back to the team in time to get to the meet. Zion double checks that he isn't being taled before getting off the same off ramp the rest of the team took off the highway. "breathe a little easier once we are out of town"
Unarmed
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:31:30; Hwy-520, Redmond Barrens

Collateral carefully examines the group of gangers in front of them, attempting to determine what kind of gang they might be from. He doesn't know the Redmond area gangs very well, however.

Just what we need, more gangers. I mean, I used to be one of these bastards, and I know you gotta protect your turf, but we used to leave heavily armed opponents alone unless they were showing rival colours. Maybe they'll leave well enough alone, or just demand a passage fee or something.
Cedric Rolfsson
Sunday March 2, 2070 04:31:30 Hwy-520 Redmond

Cynic returns to his physical form and quickly accesses the team's comm-network to inform them as to what he's seen.

ALL: One of the ganger's in this crew is magically active, with spirit back-up. I'd recommend her as primary target, female elf, sitting second chair towards the back.

The young mage shifts around in his seat looking to make sure he's got line-of-sight with his team in order to provide spell defense.
Saytr
Sunday March 2, 2070 04:31:30 Hwy-520 Redmond

Zions receives the call form the wizkid and start to feel that itch that comes with annoyance "more gangers, OMG who let the drek out tonight jezz" thinks to himself as he roll up behind the gangers approaching the suburban

<@All you guys want to scare these guys off to or let them make the first move i might be able to get a clear shot off at the one Cynic said was the hoodoo slinger?">

Zion unzips his jacket as he tries to keep out of the side mirrors and attention of the gangers heading towards the team.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:54:09; Redmond Barrens
Cynic, Aeryn, Collateral & Zion

There are some things in life that you ponder and learn, other things that you can never figure out and a third group that just about everybody figures out in under ten seconds no matter how blond a moment they are having... This is one of the latter.

Everyone of the bikers are elves. They all wear green and gold. They all have a big "A" on the back of their leather jackets. No matter where you come from, if you run the streets in Seattle you know who the Ancients are.... and these boys and girl are them...

They move in around the team taking up positions on both sides with a single bike moving up in front of the suburban. Funny thing about the Ancients; They have no set turf and all of Seattle is their turf. They are one of the big players. Hundreds of members spread across the metroplex. Other gangs know: Start a war with one chapter, lose the war against all the chapters.

As Cynic psyches himself up for a confrontation squaring off against the wiz-girl, she sends a watcher to the van. It materializes in the van sitting on the dash in front of Cynic, taking the form of a 12 inch tall nearly-naked pixie with gossamer wings and proportions that seem like she fell right out the imagination of a fourteen year old boy. She winks seductively before speaking, "Chill chummer. Don't get froggy and this will be null perspiration."

As Zion pulls off the overpass, another pair of gangers pull out of a side street and slowly roll towards him. It seems this is there turf. You are too close to your destination for there to be any other conclusion: Your pick up is in there turf.
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:54:09; Redmond Barrens

Zion hates being caught unaware but when he is out matched, and the team was definitely out matched. noticing the emblem on the jackets they were wearing Zion makes a quick call to Collateral<@Collateral"hey chummer i don't think these guys are playing around tonight and they aren't going to like you very much from the looks of the threads, all though I think these might be our "contacts" that were supposed to pick up the package from well have to make sure to thank the Johnson for the heads up if they are next time we see her."> with that Zion keep heading towards the meet unless the gangers make him pull up short. <@all"if drek hit the fan Aeryn punch it out of here while trying to take out as many bikes as possible, Collateral and i will dip out if we have to. Lets see if these are our guys first though. i hope they take a pay off if they aren't">

Zion thinks to himself after pressing forward toward the team"god i hate having to pay bills, one of these day's Z your going to be asking for it"
Unarmed
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:55:37; Ancients Turf, Redmond Barrens

Collateral lets his bike roll to a stop a good 30 feet from the line-up of ancients. He'd decided that the team was outmatched a little while ago, but after positively identifying them gangers he knows that they are in more drek than he'd previously anticipated. Fortunately, the Ancients were a big enough gang that their operations were almost reaching the level of some of the lesser syndicates. These could indeed be the people that they need to speak to.

Ah, one ork, twelve pinkskins. Please don't tell me the lucky bullet that kills me comes out of one of their guns.

Despite the overwhelming odds, Collateral maintains his sense of humor.

<@Zion [Collateral] Hey man, I ain't going to say a word unless directly spoken to. You can talk to your longeared buddies and I'll just sit here and be the big dumb muscley ork who don't talk good.>
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:57:30; Redmond Barrens

The gangers have flanked all three of the vehicles in such a fashion so as to roll along side them as they proceed to the find destination. There is no more interaction between the gangers and the team than the pixie messenger though. The lead bike rolls on with the destination the team originally had.

As the team pulls up to the dilapidated building that now rests at 1 Microsoft Way, Cynic feels especially ill at ease. Astral space is corrupted here and that corruption wraps him like motor oil poured over his body. Even the non-magical members of the team get the willies at being here. Something very evil happened here a long time ago.

As the van comes to a stop, a big cruiser bike pulls up as well with a little trailer behind it. Strapped down to the trailer is a white box emblazoned with the Ancient's symbol and a number of hand written messages in a cryptic language all over the box.

One elf dismounts his bike and walks towards the team's vehicles as the rest of the bikers circle the team at a distance of about three meters.
Saytr

Zion rolls with the gangers and team abviously uncomfortably but he cooperates. as they roll to a stop zion stands next to the suburban back door and prepares to open them with his back not facing one of the cheap shot gangers, especially the one Cynic pointed out to be a spell slinger, Zion tries to see if he can read what is on the Box weather it is sprethirel or some ancients made up nonsense.

Zion looks towards Collateral<@Collatearal"even as long ears these guys would make horrible friends.">
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070, 04:57:30 Redmond Barrens

Cynic chokes back the nausea that roils his stomach and struggles to maintain a neutral expression. The astral background here horrid, it's like fire ants crawling across his skin every second, it makes his head swim.

All: Don't expect much magic here, astral interference, I'm not going to be of much use, it's bad enough I can barely concentrate.

Having shot off that message he settles down in his seat and applies himself to spell defense.
Thanee

Aeryn breathes a sigh of relief, as it becomes apparant, that the gangers are not out to make trouble; a novum by her count. Of course she knew about the Ancients, a long time ago, at least it seemed like that today, she even might have dreamed about becoming one of them, but now she only sees them as just another gang. Ok, maybe not quite just another gang, but a gang nonetheless. Gangs were the past for her now. But being quite big into the smuggling business and known for their influence and power on the streets, the elven gangers certainly were good to have on your side; surely you wouldn't want it the other way around. As her thoughts trail off, she casually drives along, flanked by the motorcycles, until they reach their destination. Then she stops the car and opens the door to get out.

"Greetings! Any further instructions about this, or should we just proceed with the delivery?"
Saytr

Zion seeing Aeryn get out of the suburban re assures to him that his first notion of the Ancients being the people we were supposed to meet up with. Zion thinks back when he was a Wildcat and the history that they had with seattle and the history that he might have had with them in the past when he was new to seattle.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:58:00; Redmond Barrens

@Zion
[ Spoiler ]

@Cynic
[ Spoiler ]

The lone ganger standing back the vehicle replies to Aeryn, "The cargo is precious. Treat is with the utmost respect and care." He looks back at the case, then back to Aeryn, "It should go without saying not to open it, but I don't like to leave things to be assumed."

With that, six biker dismount from the assortment and walk over, pick up the case and load it. One of the six shouts out something in Sperethial.

@Zion
[ Spoiler ]
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:58:00; Redmond Barrens

Zion keeps thinking of the different symbols on the package racking his brain for more ideas of what each symbol means. When the gangers are all done Zion looks to where the ganger says he sees someone using googles to zoom in on whom ever is coming. "who is coming?"
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:58:06; Redmond Barrens

The ganger who yelled (while facing the crate), as well as the other five who loaded the crate, simply turn away from the suburban and walk back to their bikes, ignoring Zion's question. None of the other gangers seem to react to his yelling and there does not appear to be any threats in the area....
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:58:20; Redmond Barrens

Aeryn nods, as the ganger informs her about the handling of the precious cargo. Her initial thoughts about the content of the box when they got the job, at least if everything here was what it looked like, had been proven true.

"No worries about that, we will handle this with the professionalism expected from us."

Then she adds something more in fluent Sperethiel.

[ Spoiler ]
Unarmed
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:58:32; Ancients Turf, Redmond Barrens

Collateral stands off to the side, still with one leg over his bike, watching as the ancients loaded the cargo onto their suburban. There were probably more elves here than he'd ever seen in once place without having a knife out mixing it up alongside the rest of the Avatars.

Well, what did I expect? I signed up for a job where half the team are elves, and we're taking this shit into elfland. I'm sure I'll see more of em before the job is done. Not an ork in sight. I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes I miss the fraggin streets.

<@Team[Collateral]I hate to break up the elf party, but are we good to go? I don't know half of what was said there, but I know that I'll do my job and I know I'll make sure that package gets through safely, but I'd like to do it quick, you know?>
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:58:33; Redmond Barrens

< [Aeryn] Sorry. It's a coffin, as expected from the measurements and weight details given to us. Please treat it with proper respect, it's very important for our employers. Let's allow him to get a proper funeral in the Tír. >
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 04:58:33; Redmond Barrens

As with Zions little experience with the language he mis interprets what is said and is put on edge for a moment until he notices no one else reacting, taking a moment to catch his composure Zion feels embarrassed. keeping his composure though he shuts the doors and listens to what Aeryn says to the other gangers listening a little more carefully to know what is exactly said. Knowing that it is a coffin now puts things into perspective about what the ganger said earlier for Zion.

<@All hey Cynic make sure you check this box for anything that will attract not so nice critters when we get out of here, i've had a few run ins with hoodoo critters before and its not to much fun. Lets get out of here this place and that coffin give me the creeps">
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:00:00; 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond Barrens

The single ganger standing by Aeryn nods to her, looks one last time at the case before closing the door and then back to Aeryn. He speaks softly in Sperethiel,
[ Spoiler ]
With that said, he turns walks back over to his bike and the crew roar away into the night on their assortment of street bikes and race bikes leaving the team to their own.

Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 05:00:00 1 Microsoft Way Redmond Barrens

Zion: I'll scan it once we're away from this freaking area. The whole area is so astrally polluted it's all I can do not to freaking puke.

Cynic focus remains pure, fighting to keep a spell defense available for his team.
Saytr
Saturday March 2, 2070; 05:00:00 1 Microsoft Way Redmond Barrens

Zion slings his leg over his bike and kicks it to life and waits for the rest of the team to head out.

<Zion @Cynic "that will work i just want to make sure that "who" ever we are carying is not attracting unwanted attention">
Thanee

< [Aeryn] I, for one, can answer the 'who' part. Looks like the late fellow we are transporting is no other than a certain 'Dodger'. Quite a legend, if it is really him... or his remains, anyways. Those 'signs' are just well wishes for his trip to the afterlife. >

After checking the door in the back twice more, Aeryn slowly heads towards her driver's seat.
Saytr

Zion just shacks his head after Aeryn confirmed who the dead weight was."great nothing but ganger interactivity tonight just great. how could this night get any worse.....wait it already has" Zion just smirks under his helmet dumbfounded that he got into escorting corpse to the Tir border.

<Zion@Aeryn"Who ever it is we need to get his dead ass out of seattle, i dont want to smell death decomposing all night. I hope your routes are quick.">
Unarmed
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:58:32; 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond Barrens

Collateral smiles. This bodes well for the rest of the run. How many people would be interested in screwing with the corpse of a legendary decker? Unless he's got a cutting-edge datajack in that skull of his. Why the hell would the Ancients have his corpse, though? There's always a lot of drek going down that I just don't know about.

<@Team[Collateral]Don't tell me that we're carrying the Dodger's corpse. I wonder if he's got any sweet cyberware... just kidding. Aeryn, if your routes are good, we should be able to get in and out quick and just make some easy money. Knock on wood, of course.>

Collateral starts his bike back up with a mental command and waits for the suburban to head out. He is more relaxed now that the pickup has been made and they arrived on time. Of course, hammering a few gangers with shot rounds always made him feel better.

<@Zion[Collateral] You want to ride scout or vanguard? Doesn't much matter to me.>
Saytr
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 04:58:32; 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond Barrens

Zion <@All " i can ride scout for the way out of here and to meet, i just need to know where were going from Aeryn as far as directions from here"> Zion waits for the repsonse from the team before moving a head staying about fourty yards ahead of the team to give them adequate time to respond to any trouble.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012