Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:00:30; 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond Barrens
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

< [Aeryn] @Collateral: It would appear so. As for the cyberware, nothing much, I'd wager. He wasn't quite known for his combat prowess, or was he?

As for the route... I think we have decided to go the ganger route, so it's Hell's Kitchen for us. Z zone. No patrols, whatsoever, on the plus side. The downsides should be way obvious. Uploading it to your coms now. >

Uploading Seattle Map Data ('Route B')... 12%...25%...37%...50%...62%...75%...87%...100%...Done!
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:00:30; 1 Microsoft Way, Redmond Barrens
Zion;PAN=passive[LTG] SIN=gabe Moore(broadcasting)

when Zion finishes uploading the data from Aeryn he gives them nod and starts off on he first stretch of road paying more attetion to others around him now that they had the cargo<@Team" Aeryn sounds good lets get the show on the road"> with that Zion starts his bike into action and heads out of the warehouse in fron of the others but staying just to the left of the suburban.l
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:04:00; Hwy-520, Redmond Barrens

Zion pulls keeping to the left side of the lane, then the suburban wheels around and leaves behind that little piece of hell on Earth formerly known as the Microsoft World Headquarters. Collateral falls into the rear guard position as the trio of vehicles start the next leg of this journey.
@Aeryn
[ Spoiler ]

Within moments Cynic's calm returns as astral space returns to normal. He assenses the crate and finds a number of powerful magic wards in place. Several of the symbols on the crate are also independently magical as well.

As they pass over the 148th Street Wall, the three drivers all notice a lone star drone hovering overhead. It does not appear to react as the trio of vehicles pass out of the barrens.
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:04:00; Hwy-520, Redmond Barrens

Zion sees the Drone and wonders if its controller is close by, seeing that it hasn't taken notice of them Zion keeps a mental note that its there and checks to see if it changes its course every now and then. <Zion @Aeryn "where does this route take us through? just so i know what opposition i know we might be up against?">
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:46:00; Hwy-167 & Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

The return trip through the Bellvue, Renton and Auburn districts is without incident and pretty much boring. The morning sun has not yet begun to poke its eye over the eastern horizon, but the slowly building number of morning commuters foretells of it impeding arrival.

At the team navigates the clover leaf at the intersection of the 167 & 410 highways, they mull their current time line. It will take about half an hour more to reach Hell's Kitchen, 2-3 hours to navigate the wasteland and 5-6 hours to traverse the Salishe and reach near what was Carson, Washington a century ago. With a meetings sixteen hours away they have a little time to kill.... assuming everything goes according to plan...
Unarmed
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 05:46:30; Hwy-167 & Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle
Collateral; PAN = passive [LTG, Datajack]; SIN = Theodore Faron (Broadcast)

Collateral thinks the timelines over in his head, consulting his cybereyes and the maps that he'd been able to find on the matrix. I'd estimate that we're running at least 5 hours ahead of schedule right now, even accounting for a bit of trouble along the way. Might be a chance to pick up some supplies. Speaking of which, did we get an advance for this gig? Frag, I don't think I even asked about it. Sloppy Dylan, Sloppy. Still riding behind the team's shiny SUV, he fires off a message to the rest of the team.

<@Team[Collateral] Looks like we have a bit more downtime, might be good to get food or supplies. Speaking of which, did we get an advance on payment?>
Cedric Rolfsson
Sunday March 2, 2070; 05:46:33; Hwy-167, Puyallup Seattle

Cynic looked over Collateral's message and tries to calculate out the time lines in his head. The gunman was probably right on his calculations, so they'd have a few minutes to spare.

@Team[Cynic]: I agree, unless we need to hit the border crossing at a specific time I'd suggest we find a diner and hunker down for a quick meal and a pow-wow. Specifically on team tactics and how we're going to respond to different situations, as well as outline a general strategy for how we envision the meet going, and maybe establish some rally points for when things go to hell. We could do all of this via network comms but I don't trust it and would prefer a sit down discussion and a meal before we left the sprawl. Ms. Johnson said she'd wire the 8,000.00 expense money to Kilroy, maybe we should contact him about getting our hands on it.
Saytr
Sunday March 2, 2070; 05:46:33; Hwy-167, Puyallup Seattle

Zion reads the messages from both Team members and thinks to himself"well if we stop we have to find a cool place maybe so just in case the body doesnt start smelling"

Thinking of the route they are taking and what they are going through, Zion conference calls the team<@All" well if we are going to stop we should do it before we hit hells kicthen and on so we dont have to worry about hijackers. If we stop we need to do it somewher we can keep the package cool">
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:46:35; Hwy-167, Redmond Barrens
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

< [Aeryn] The car has air-condition... >
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:46:40; Hwy-167, Redmond Barrens

<[Zion]@Aeryn"ok i didnt know if it would keep the corpse cool enough my bad, sounds good i could use some breakfast. I see a place coming up on my Mapsoft, we'll stop there for a quick break and get our bearings before heading out.">
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:47:00; Hwy-167, Redmond Barrens

< [Aeryn] So, do we stop at the stuffer shack then, before heading through Hell's Kitchen? I don't think we should waste too much time here, we can still wait somewhere else on the way, closer to our destination, if everything works out well. >

Aeryn keeps to the speed limit, just a tad below, since there is no reason to get hasty.
Unarmed
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 05:47:20; Hwy-167 & Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

<@Team[Collateral] Alright, let's stop briefly at the stuffer shack. Can't deliver a package on an empty stomach, you know. Aeryn's right though, we don't want to waste too much time out here. Also, I'll wire a message to Kilroy and find out what's up with our payment. Nothing too pushy, though.>

Collateral doubted that he'd be able to talk to kilroy on a direct line, or even avatar to avatar, as the man was just that paranoid. So, as he followed the suburban as they headed for a Stuffer Shack, he composed a brief text message laying out the situation.

<@Kilroy[Collateral] Hey 'roy. Mrs. J had said that she was wiring over some expense money, I believe to the tune of 8,000 Nu. I can't think of anything that we need right now, but it still might be nice to have money in hand before we leave town. Let me know. Thanks.>
Redjack
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 05:47:21; Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

Collateral
Kilroy's reply is nearly instantaneous.
<<@Collateral [Kilroy] Funds transferred. Looks like you're heading into the Kitchen... Good luck with that. See you all on the flip side of this one I.>>

All
There is an incoming message showing a balance increase of 2,000 nuyen.gif each. Of course, Aeryn has an outstanding payment for the Suburban, but it looks as though Kilory came through with the full advance.
Cedric Rolfsson
Sunday March 2, 2070; 05:47:22, Puyallup Seattle

His commlink's quiet beep signifying the transfer of funds was like the sound of sweet music in Cynic's ears. He called up the AR icon of his balance and saw that he'd received his share of the expense money. Too sweet, still first things first. He looked over at Aeryn behind the wheel.

"So, Babe, how much is my share of the rental on this boat?" He set his commlink to seek out her node so he could transfer his equal share of the expense of the SUV.
Saytr
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 05:48; Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

Zion reads the message and is pleasantly surprised that the nuyen was there. Zion made a delayed transaction in his account to make his part of the vehicle rental be paid after the run was completed. <@Team [Zion]" well lets get some grub and then head out quick like then chummers.>
Redjack
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 05:53:00; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

The team follows the 410 to the Valley Avenue exit. Still north of the river the neighborhoods have not degraded into total slums, but it is apparent that the property values are plummeting.

The day at the Quiky Mart is just beginning to ramp up as the commuters and other early risers arrive for their morning soykaf. The number of orks and trolls patronizing this establishment are significantly higher than other establishments the team have been to recently and represent 2 or 3 in 10 of the customers as well as the two young adult orks manning the counter.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:53:00; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

"There we are. As close to five stars as it gets down here, I'd say."

Aeryn will get herself two bottles of water and a handful of energy bars, to put into her pack.
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 05:53:10; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

Zion grabs two bottles of water along with several soy energy bars and a large coffee along with a few cup of soy noodles. Standing next to Aeryn in line making the comment"ill take what i can get." as if responding to her comment about the classiness of the establishment. thinking to himself "hope i dont need anything more then energy bars for this run."
Unarmed
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 05:53:30; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

Collateral scans the Quiky mart crowd with his cybereyes, taking in the varied apperance of the patrons and the staff. After their brief jaunt up through the middle of town and up into Redmond, he felt much more comfortable back in the Puyallups. These are my kind of people.

He only vaguely hears his teammates' somewhat cynical banter about the pretty run down store, choosing to ignore it for the time being. He selects some water from the cooler as well as some sad looking "pepperoni" sticks, some soychips, and an energy drink, specifically avoiding those marketed to Trolls and Orks and selecting a relatively generic brand. Collateral attempts to pay for his purchases using his comlink and the store's AR setup, but as he does so he sees a flashing sign come into his vision indicating that AR payment is out of order. Just my luck...
Redjack
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 05:57:00; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

The crew gets their beverages and snacks of choice, making their way through the store. The patrons within either ignore the team members as not being out of place or avoid eye contact, too used to being prey. It seems that this early on a Sunday morning is too early for most gangers or troublemakers, only the most dedicated or desperate folks are out this early on a weekend headed towards their dead-end jobs.

As the team attempts to pay one of the orks, the assistant manager, says "Please wait just a moment, we seem to have a computer problem." He reboots the system and waits. A few moments later the system is available again. He rings up the order and finishes the transaction, "Thanks for shopping Quicky Mart. Please come again."

Back in the parking lot, people continue to come and go at a leisurely, Sunday morning pace. Everyone is oblivious to the team, their cargo and their destination... or are they?
Cedric Rolfsson
Sunday March 2, 2070; 05:59:00; Quiky Mart Parking Lot, Puyallup District, Seattle

Cynic took a long pull off one of his energy drinks and tossed his bag of soy-jerky onto the SUV's concole through the open passenger side door.

"So, all, do we have a plan here or are we kinda playing this by ear? Anyone want to outline tactics, chain-of-command, rally points or anything like that?"

The young mage wanted to make sure that everyone knew what was going to happen if things got nasty. He figured they would have trouble at the border and again at the meet and wanted to get an idea of how they were going to handle things. He felt secure riding in the SUV, if anything went down he could exhaust himself and still flee the area, but wanted to know the escape plans just in case.
Saytr
Sunday March 2, 2070; 05:59:00; Quiky Mart Parking Lot, Puyallup District, Seattle

Zion standing next to his bike which is parked next to the SUV checking after walking out of the store seeing Cynic casually throw his bag of goodies int to the SUV starts to check over his ride making sure everything was in order. Hearing Cynic's Question made him think of the time when his unit would get super green cadets, they would ask similar questions...they never really talked much more after their first mission. Zion walks over to and stands next to Cynic gets a little closer to him and hangs his elbow on his shoulder, while whispering only loud enough for Cynic and what ever part of the team was around and maybe someone with cyber ears could hear. " well i think the parking lot of a Quicky Mart isn't really the place to talk about such things with this much traffic going in and out i really think it would be wise if we all just got back on the road heading out of town, once we get closer we can talk some more on subjects such as these" when Zion finishes he looks to the others for verification to make sure he wasn't saying anything out of line or place. then looks back at Cynic and Winks his left eye then heads back to start up his bike.
Redjack
Sunday March 2nd, 2070; 06:00:00; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

As the team pulls out of the Quiky Mart, they have yet another choice to make. Valley Ave turns into Pioneer Way as it goes southward. The team could go south from here effectively skirting the edges of Hell's Kitchen or continue farther east to Angeline Road traveling deeper through Hell's Kitchen when they turn south. A third option would be to go far east and skirt the east side of Hell's Kitchen as they go southward through the orkish community of Carbando.

Of course each of the three routes have other perils as well. Pioneer Way has the greatest chance of go-gangers while the the further east one travels, the more the team has to deal with the ash and hazards from Mt Rainer. Hell's Kitchen is called that not just due to the ash and lava, but the troll gangs and toxics who roam the waste lands. Carbando is a danger place for strangers and deadly for non-orks.

As the trio of vehicles prepare to pull out of the parking lot the team has a tough trio of choices...
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:00:00; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

Aeryn has put her food on the backseat, as she manually drives the car back on the road. She explains the possible routes to her team-mates via commlink and asks for their input as to what they think will prove the 'lesser evil'.

"I would prefer to go straight through Pioneer Way. Biggest problem there should be gangers, and the early morning hours are not ganger hours usually. What do you think?"

"As for the plan... let's get through the worst here, then we will have plenty time to discuss further plans and how we are going to approach the border."
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 06:00:05; Hwy 410, Puyallup Seattle

@ALL:[Cynic]-- I'm wondering about how we're crossing the border? I've got a spell which will probably let me work over one guard at most, take over his thoughts for a few ticks. What if someone does a visual inspection? Do we have cover ID for a corpse? Are we sneaking across or are we bluffing across? If I'm going to need to cast and sustain an illusion spell to hide the box then I'd like to know before hand.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:00:07; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

"Well, let me put it that way... if they could just take the coffin and move it past customs, why would they hire us?"
Unarmed
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:00:46; Quiky Mart just off Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

Collateral chomps down on a soy pepperoni stick for a second before starting up his bike and rolling out of the parking lot after the team.

<@Team[Collateral] Might as well take the quickest possible route through HK, if we're not on any given gang's turf long enough for them to take notice, that would be best. I think we'll have the most trouble with Go-gangers, they tend to think that all the streets are their terrain. If we don't want to bother with the border discussion right now then we can do that later, but personally I'd like to circument it entirely. That said, I've never left Seattle before, to be honest, so I don't know how those protocols work.>

The admission and realisation that he'd never been outside of the city of Seattle actually startled Collateral momentarily, but he calmed down.

I'm fragging old, and I haven't even seen half of the shit I want to see. I maybe could have gotten out, but I didn't. Life's funny like that.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:00:50; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

"About time then... let's go!"
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:00:50; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

Zion hears the conversations going on between all three team members<Zion@team"well that all sounds good everyone, im with Aeryn lets roll out. Aeryn please lead the way."> Zion follows directions that will be given to him by Aeryn since he knew little of where he was going. Remembering the good old days with the WildCats Zion always loved the feeling of going somewhere new, experiencing something unknown was always a thrill for him.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:01:00; Quiky Mart just off Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

As the van pulls out of the parking lot Collateral looks over at the rice rocket Zion is riding, then down at his own modified Harley. Though he'd never been out of Seattle, he'd spent his fair amount of time in Carbando. He also wasn't any sort of mechanic, but he remembered the hundred nuyen it cost him to get the heavy duty air filter system on his bike after the first time the sulfur dust blown in from Hell's Kitchen clogged up his engine.

Looking over at Zion's ride he doesn't know for sure, but he doubts it is similarly equipped....
Unarmed
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:01:00; Quiky Mart just off Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

<@Zion[Collateral] Hey Buddy, you ever been through the Kitchen before? I don't know if your crotch rocket will handle the dust out there alright. We don't want your engine seizing up before we even hit the border. I've got an air filter system on mine, but I don't think we have time to get you one.>

As his bike slowly pulls out of the parking lot, Collateral grabs a black bandana from his saddlebags and ties it around his mouth. It won't really keep that much of the dust out of his lungs, but he had been at least a pack a day smoker since he was 12, and he was already starting to hack black shit out of his lungs on a semi-regular basis. With the Bandana covering his face, he almost looks like a modern-day western bandit, minus the gang patches and the horse hammered out of metal, of course.
Saytr

Zion looked down at his ride and thought about the ramifications of his bike breaking down in the middle of hells kitchen....... <Zion@Collateral"thanks for the info i had no idea i needed a special filter for the ash, never been out there before spent most of my time in the wild"> <Zion@Team"I've just been informed of a issue i might have with my ride in the hell's Kitchen, i'am going to have to store my ride on the way there and maybe ride with the meat corpse in the back on our way out of town. Aeryn can you look up a parking garage near by that would be suitable to store my ride for a day or two while we are gone?"> Zion hated the thought of loosing his ride, it was the only mode of tranpartation around seattle.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:01:05; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

"Sure."

Aeryn then checks her map and her own knowledge of the Seattle smuggling routes to come up with something for Zion.

"We won't be driving through the worst areas, but I'm not sure how much your bike can handle. Since we won't be able to carry it, it's probably better to leave it, yeah."
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:01:10; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

"Well, ok. I don't think there is much of a choice here. There isn't really anything where you could safely leave the bike in the vincinity. We are still close enough to the Puyallups and we got more than enough time. You should get your bike out and probably leave it at your flat or something."
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:01:10; Quiky Mart just of Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

zion considers the route they are taking and the fact he knows nothing about the area really that they are in so he agrees with Aeryn's idea<Zion@Team"Sounds good Aeryn, ill get my ride home if you guys just want to follow me there we will be good to go, also if you guys want to drop off unneeded things you can leave them at my Doss and well get them back later.">
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 06:01:15, Hwy-410, Puyallup District, Seattle

Cynic sipped at one of his energy drinks and listened to the discussion, pleased that he'd decided to leave his ride back at the parking garage, even though the Growler was designed for shit-ass places like the Kitchen.

All: I like the idea of dropping off the bike and taking fewer vehicles, more guns in one place makes it easier for me to provide spell defense. However you guys want to work it is fine with me. I'm going to try and catch some rest to clear up this drain induced headache.

He powered back his energy drink and closed his eyes to rest.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:09:55; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

The trio of vehicles head back into North Puyallup City via the 410 highway, then I-167 and finally a number of side streets before arriving in a seemingly never ending forest of apartment buildings. Unlike the majority of apartment buildings found almost anywhere else in the Puyallups, these buildings enjoy reasonable maintenance and care. Vehicles here appear mostly operational and within a decade of being new.

By the time the team traverses the various side streets to arrive where Zion parks his bike, a private security vehicle (compact, 3-wheeled electric model) has pulled in behind Collateral and his Harley. A human in a uniform security jacket and helmet with tinted face shield steps out of the driver's side. A shotgun with a pistol grip is present in his hands. While cautious and alert, he is not yet pointing the gun anywhere but up.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:09:57; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

"I hope you got a proper ID..."
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:09:57; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

Zion gets off his bike after parking it and starts to head for the SUV when he sees the Private Foot walk up with his over compensated Shotgun in hand and just hangs his head slightly and lets out a sigh while smirking and hoping the Collateral has a proper permit to carry his Boom stick hanging out of his ride. if not this could be interesting. Zion walks as close as the Private foot will allow before becoming a threat having the possibly unlucky human or elf become aware of his presence to get a good enough position to jump into the conversation if he needed to.

Zion just casually stands there awaiting the action of the Orc.
Unarmed
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:01:00; 06:10:30; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

Having lived a great majority of his life performing various criminal activities, Collateral was no stranger to dealing with security forces, be it the star or otherwise. Chances were that this guy would focus on the shotgun sticking out of the back of the bike, the one that he had a fake liscence for, and forget the novacoke that he had in his jacket. Chances were.

Collateral responds quickly to his teammate's worry with a subvocal message, one that is unfortunately not really meant to assuage her fears.

<@Aeryn[Collateral] Depends on what you mean by 'proper.'>

Taking one leg off of his bike, slowly, Collateral pulls out a cigarette and puts it in his mouth, not yet making a move to light it. He turns towards the man approaching him with a shotgun not too dissimilar from his own.

"Nice day, ain't it?"
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:10:30; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

The officer moves slowly and deliberately towards Collateral. "I'm hoping it stays that way... Mr Faron. I don't show you as a tenant here at Time Track. Appearances being what they are.. it appears there may be a problem.."
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:10:30; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

< [Aeryn] One that he accepts... >
Saytr

Zion responds to Collateral<Zion @Collateral"if you need any assistance just give me a wave or look see and ill be happy to jump in to take over any conversation you dont want to deal with">
Unarmed
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:10:40; 06:10:30; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

Collateral moves very slowly, almost painfully so to his own wired reflexes, and takes a lighter out of his pocket. He moves the lighter up to his face, ignites the cigarette, and takes a slow drag.

"I'm just waiting for a friend who lives here." He gestures casually towards Zion with one hand. "There he is now, actually."
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:10:45: Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

Zion seeing Collateral light his cigarette and make a slight gesture towards him. Zion casually walks over "whats up Theo are you ready to go? or is there a problem?" Zion looks to the Officer after finishing the last part of the statement getting ready to show his ID and proof that he lives in this part of the apartment complex.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:11:00: Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

Standing in front of the little car the officer replies in his slow drawl, "Good morning Mr Moore. Just validating your guest. Have a quality morning." He slowly turns, proceeding back the drivers side. The shotgun going across the passenger seat, he closes the door after entering himself. The little car in nearly silent as it pulls away; The driver still wearing his helmet as he passes by.
Unarmed
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:11:20; 06:10:30; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

A sudden bout of paranoia strikes Collateral as the security officer drives off in his small automobile, and as he turns to face the approaching friendly elf, he loads up his analyze program and scans his node. No such thing as being too careful. He looks down at his armored jacket, covered in Avatars patches. "I guess I'm not really dressed for this part of town."

I guess that I'm still living in the past, wearing this thing. It certainly means that I stick out like a sore thumb in normal parts of town. Still, the Avatars were the only real family I ever had, and I can't be the last of the Avatars without representing them boldly. Still, it might be time to put their memory to rest.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:11:30; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

< [Aeryn] *phew* You guys should drive away first (you can take a passenger on that bike until we are back in HK, I suppose?). I'll wait a moment and then follow you out. Just in case... >
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:11:30; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

Zion just shrugs"im not dressed much better" Zion stands with his arms out showing his armor vest and camo pants."its not a problem that guy seemed a bit slow anyways hell probably go find someone who double parked and forget all about you. Although i can carry your boom stick with us in the SUV until we get to a more comfortable zone where its not such a eye sore." Zion turns and head for the back of the SUV to jump in and be on thier merry way but stops second guessing that idea and figures it would be best if the SUV wasnt associated with Collateral and himself for now.<[Zion]@Team"if its cool with Collateral ill ride with him for a few blocks to make sure the rent a foot isnt following us then ill jump into the back of your ride Aeryn, how does that sounds?">
Unarmed
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 06:11:20; 06:11:45; Time Track Apartments, North Puyallup City, Seattle

Collateral frowns at the shotgun, looking reluctant to have it that far away from him for any length of time. "Well, the liscence that I have for it should hold up unless we're under some serious scrutiny, and at that point we're hooped anyways." Instead of answering the elf's subvocal message, Collateral just brings the bike alongside Zion and revs the engine. "Hop on."

Honestly, if you'd told me at the age of 21 that I'd be carrying an elf on this thing when I got old, I'd probably have just shot myself in the face right there. I always was overdramatic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012