Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:40; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation
Zion;PAN=HIDDEN[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(Broadcasting)

Zion looks at the teamnet in his HUD and see's that only one vehicle is in front the two in back. <Zion @ Team " PapaSmurf on my count send the garble you have to scatter their freq, when that goes off i will throw a frag grenade out the side door of the limo towards the two cars behind us. "T" think you can get around the Front car, i will help with repairs later chummer but we need to ditch these guys fast and get back on track. Cynic if you can get some mojo thrown at thier direction more for distraction so we can make some distance. Aeryn and I will try to get some tire shots and pray they don't have runflat tires and get the drek out of here. on my count of three"> Zion waits for the teams reply while he gets the frag ready

Zion readies his grenade pulling the pin and his other hand on the door once the pin is pulled he starts the count "1...2...3!"

Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:40; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation
Aeryn; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

When Zion explains, Aeryn immediately orders her drone back to the car... it won't be able to keep up with a speeding limo, if that's what's going to happen.

She also keeps her pistol handy.

< [Aeryn] Mine is loaded with Stick'n'Shock. No good for tires. But I think you meant Lynx, anyways. >
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:41; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation
Lynx;PAN=hidden[LTG] SIN=Luna Miele (broadcasting)

<[Lynx]I am ready to shoot the tires off in front!> Lynx grins, leaning forward, ready to lean out and start blazing away, using her Commlink to connect to the window controls, if they let her, so she can open it with a simple thought.
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:41; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation
Zion;PAN=HIDDEN[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(Hidden)

Zion Feels his Cyber and Bioware modifications switch on as he redies himself for action.Zion looks at Lynx and Aeryn and gives them the look. <Zion@ Team "1..2..now Papa!> With That Zion Opens the door and Attempts to throw his grenade at the center formation of cars behind them.

Zion thought to himself as all this was going down encrypted comms and the chock point they used to cornor them he didn't think was standard Ganger technique then again he didn't know to much about gangs but who ever they were, they were coming between him and a Job, A job that he needed to so he could survive the life he choose to live. just like old times out gunned against a opponent I know next to nothing about.
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:42; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

The flurry of com transmissions between the team establish a plan and then the count down: "1..2..now Papa!" Wired reflexes, boosters and the matrix speed of thought slow down the action as everyone springs from their positions like taunt rubber-bands suddenly released.

Zion's holds the grenade in his right hand flipping the spoon off to bake off the grenade before he even starts moving while he leans his right shoulder against the door. He pulls the door handle with his left hand and seems to fall forward out of the limo as he extends his legs. He then deftly reaches back with his left hand, grabbing the door sill while his right hand arcs from underneath throwing the grenade over the first vehicle in an arc that places it between the two. Zion is amazing at the clear, clean arc of his throw, never having played baseball or ever really taken an interest in throwing grenades before.

Across from Zion, Lynx's right forearm hovers next to the glass. When the count expires, she mentally wills the glass down and extends her arm out of the window using her smartgun camera to aim the weapon. She squeezes off two rounds towards the tires finding her mark.

Aeryn's drone drops back into the car as the explosion behind the limo momentarily lights up the area. Then the lights of the closest vehicle behind the limo dims.

Cynic has sat up, rubbing his jaw, watching the scene play out realizing he currently lacks a line of sight on an opponent.

The Transporter then lurches the vehicle forward, seeking to take advantage of the surprise and drive around the vehicle in front of them with damaged tires. He swings wide enough so as not to smash Zion, hoping the street sam is able to hold on.
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:42; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion impressed with the toss loses his concitration and feels the Limo leap forward in a effort to escape the pack of cars surrounding them. Zion reaches for the door frame as the Limo leaps forward past the Front car looknig desperatly for anything to hold onto so as not to get flung out of the Limo and stay with the group.

All the group can hear is something along the lines of "oh shit" and some other words they couldn't make out with the engine roaring to escape and the gun fire and grenade blast.
Fuchs
Lynx;PAN=hidden[LTG] SIN=Luna Miele (broadcasting)

Lynx grins like a maniac when her bullets wreck the tires. Hah! Like in Steel Rain! Then the adept curses when she spots Zion having trouble and reaches over with her left hand, trying to grab Zion and pulling him inside. she does not care where she can grab the elf, belt, clothes, hand, hair, as long as she can keep him from getting thrown out. This won't be a remake of "Maniac Geese"...

More for show and general mayhem the young woman also twists her wrist at the same time, snapping off a shot at the front tire of the first car behind them, not really expecting any hit.
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:48; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

After a moment of awe inspiring perfection of moment, reality rights itself. As the limo lurches forward, Zion turns his head to see the rapidly approaching bump. He pulls himself up just as Lynx is swinging towards the vehicle, reaching across and out to shoot. That's when everything goes wrong. Zion nearly eats the barrel of gun, dropping to the side as Lynx flicks her wrist so as to miss shooting her teammate... and shoots out the window instead.

Zion has no time to take a breath though as the red glow of a laser site crosses in through the now open window. The sounds of a shotgun blast and several shots from the passing vehicle fill the teams ears. As Zion curls into a ball as he pulls back into the limo, a shot passes though his hair, separating a few locks of hair that float towards the limo floor board. Meanwhile, the shotgun blast strikes the limo in front of the firewall eliciting a growl over TeamNet from the Transporter.

Cynic smiles as his summons brings a fire elemental into astral space.

The vehicles behind seem still engaged with the after effects of the grenade. As the limo pulls past the small SUV in front of them, Cynic gestures towards the vehicle, commanding his invisible spirit. A moment later, it becomes visible as it manifests within cab and gives the duo inside something more pressing to deal with.

Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:36; Transporter's Garage, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Minutes later, the limo pulls into a garage across town with an automated door. Inside the small warehouse is a non-descript panel van. The side door opens as the limo parks. The Transporter is out as quickly as any of the team and inspecting the damage to his ride.
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:30:48; Just off I-5, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion gathers his things from inside the Limo and also checks to make sure he didn't crap himself, Giving Lynx a longer then necessary look he opens the windowless limo door and exhales loudly and stands next to T for a minute to get a glanc at the damage. "Sorry Chummer. It was blast our way out or become street drek did you know those guys? hey after this is all said and done well see what we can do about helping you out man, if nothing else you know im good for it."
Zion then switches over to his team net <Zion@Team "So did anyone tell anyone where we were heading or were they really just after a limo, those guys weren't exactly just thugs wanting a limo the rides and the way they got cornored didn't seem like gangers to me did anyone recognize any gang colors or markings from them?Papa if you are still listening i don't know if you could get anything from the vid on the Limo but if you can go over the footage if there is any and see if you can run the plates on the rides see if anything comes up corporate or otherwise?">
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:36; Transporter's Garage, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion's message to Papa Smurf went out as the team was leaving the ambush. His reply didn't arrive until the team arrived at the garage.
<<@Team [Papa Smurf] Sorry - Several irons in the fire and I had to deal with a trace. I will try to clean up the video and figure out who those guys are.>>
Fuchs
Lynx;PAN=HIDDEN[LTG] SIN=Luna Miele(Hidden)

Lynx comes down from the adrenalin high before the car reaches the stop. She shrugs appolegically at Zion - better the window than his face. Balance compensator would have helped the adept thinks while swapping in a fresh clip in her gun.

<<Lynx@Team: I didn't talk to anyone.>>

Once she has better footage to sift through Lynx will try to see if she recognizes anyone but for now she just satifies her curiosity by looking around.
Redjack

The Transporter climbs into the panel van, looking towards the team. "I gotta a bonus to earn people. Let's roll."
<<@Team [Papa Smurf] Scan at range is still showing clean for new signals. Got an agent on the video. I'll let you know when I know. Also - there are matrix blind spots up the I-5.>>
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:36:00; ransporter's Garage, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

That's the spirit!
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:40; Transporter's Garage, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Several minutes later, the team is back on the highway, this time in a far less comfortable, but much less inconspicuous vehicle.
<<@Team [Papa Smurf] Several minutes from the first blind spot. Got an ID match from facial recognition on the driver who got to play with Cynic's fire spirit. One Mark Spritzer. He has priors for burglary and warrants in the UCAS for grand theft. I don't really have any video of the others to work with.>>

Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 23:40; Transporter's Garage, Washington Territory, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion listens to the name and jots it down in on his Com under Notes along with a few other bits of important information, never know when i might need it. "Well we can be sure he will be looking out for your limo T."

Zion looks to the other three and sends them a message Pan-Pan excluding T. <Zion @ Team "we can be sure if he was looking for a quick score with the limo, we need to keep a keen eye out for him on the return trip in case he knows its coming. We should maybe think about changing the desired Route as to keep from getting into another fray with this Mark Spitzner guy. Papa if you start to loose us on coverage a polite heads up if you get a chance so we know we won't have coverage with you please.">
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:30; I-5, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

For nearly two hours, the team rides in the Transporter's van up the I-5. The ride is not nearly as comfortable as the limo, but each of the members manage to doze off at one point or another. Eventually, lights along the highway betray their arrival at another city. Looks like the Transporter earned a decent bonus tonight.

Papa Smurf was right, there were several matrix dead spots on the highway. He provides no additional data about the issue with the limo.

The Transporter speaks for the first time since boarding the van, "We're about fifteen minutes from the location. Any special precautions?"
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:30:00; I-5, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Good job! I would like to start a surveillance drone and take a look that way before we head in. But we should be a bit closer for that.
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:30:00; I-5, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Stiff from the cramp drive Zion looks at the time in his HUD and is impressed with the great time T made getting them there. it was worth the extra dough considering the run in the highway. Zion slings his ingram with the new drum. checks the chamber. "T i would like to get a run by before stoping and get a survey of the immediat area, Thanks Chummer for the good time too." not to include T on the Team net <Zion @ Team " i say we do a quick recon run by and then have him drop us a block from the drop off and head to the meet on foot we can have T stay close until we are good to go on the pick up. Not that i don't truck T but i would like for him to have no knowledge of what we are taking back with us.>
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45; I-5, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

The allotted time passed en route to the pickup site and the team finds themselves driving through a warehouse district. The streets are wide and the turns lazy to accommodate the big trucks that regularly use these streets. Street lights are far apart, though most are functional. Of the dozen warehouses the team passes, half are lit up with area lighting and about half of those have vehicles in the lot, confirming some graveyard shifts at work.

The transporter stops in the parking lot without area lighting, parking on the far side of the lot, away from the facility. Lynx swears these are the streets used in the Sim The Encounter, where one Jacey Miles dealt with an international crime ring forged in the union of disgraced Yakuza soldiers and half-Eskimo tribesman banished crimes against The People. There was one particularly exciting sequence near the end where she barely escaped a warehouse laden with explosives that were going to be used to blow up the Seattle City Council and her true love, Councilman Derick Marx.

Aeryn's drone lights up and out of the van, crossing a block over to the warehouse that is their destination. A big rig sits on the dark lot and a pair of sedans sit in the parking lot, waiting. The cherry red glow of a lit cigarette in one betraying at least one waiting occupant.
Saytr

Zion checks out the vehicle using his natural Lowlight vision bestowed to him from the awakening years ago. Looking at the figures inside the smoking sedan Zion pulls free his jacket and lets his Ingram hang infront of him as he walks hand at his side making no moves to reach for his weapon. <Zion@Team " I can go to make contact, If Aeryn and Lynx want to cover my six. Cynic could do a astral sweep on the Truck and surrounding area to make sure no one is eavesdropping or trying to follow us. how that sound?">

Zion unsnaps his holster for one of his sliver guns as well, waiting for a response for acknowledgement from the rest of the team before he starts to move
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45:00; I-5, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Looks good to me,Aeryn says. “Our 'package' is there, and two sedans with some guys waiting. How do we proceed from here? Two move in, the rest stays behind, just in case?
Cedric Rolfsson
Wednesday March 19, 2070; 01:45:05, Vancouver, SS

The mother of all headaches throbs behind his eyes. Some angry little man with a steel drum was having a seizure of some kind inside his ear drums.

He'd been here before though.

Cynic turned his head left and then right, stretching the muscles in his neck that were taut with pain from the adept's astral punch. He heard Aeryn announce the target area and agreed with the plan.

Ya, I can do a quick astral scout if needed. Course last time I did an astral scout I kinda got my hoop kicked. No worries though, have fire elemental will travel.

With that the young mage tried to find a comfortable spot to rest his aching head while he prepared to slip from his meat form and do a quick recon.
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45:10; I-5, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion nods to Aeryn "sounds good. T we will just need you to hang back a few while we make sure we have a ride. ok?" Zion slides his Ingram back to chamer a round, well as chambers a round for his sliver guns and readies himself just in case things get hairy. Still having a very relaxed posture while he and Aeryn get out of the car and start to head to the two sedans "Cynic just chirp in when you get done with astral patrol and let us know your in you meat."
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45:30; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

A chain link fence with privacy blinds and then a very large warehouse sit between the team and the truck; The Transporter chose a location to scout from that provided the team both anonymity and cover. As quickly as Aeryn's drone covered the distance in flight, so does Cynic's consciousness. This time, a little gun shy from the previous encounter, the normally cocky young mage is conservative in his recon, not actually entering any vehicles or enclosed spaces.

From astral space, the area is the drab gray ever present in manufactured structures; Devoid of life. There are several glowing presences however inside each of what are obviously vehicles. Those glowing presences are men or at least metahumans. There are no spirits or watchers. No mages on patrol, in fact no astral activity beyond that generated by Cynic himself. On a positive note, there is no background count in the area from depression, death or pollution. The area is simply bland.

Cynic returns to his body and sits up, the rest of the team anxiously awaiting his report.
Cedric Rolfsson
Wednesday March 19, 2070; 01:45:30; Warehouse District, Vancouvery SS

He felt sluggish and slow, his body unbearablely heavy after the ease of astral travel, but not something unusual. His headache seemed worse in the flesh.
Cynic glanced around the back of the vehicle and made his report.

I did a quick scan of the area. No astral signatures other than the ones in the vehicles and no signs of magical activity, watchers or spirits.
Saytr
Zion; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45:35; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion looks at Aeryn to confirm she is ready to approach the two static cars before he starts to move. <Zion@ Team " Thanx for the sitrep Cynic, glad to hear i won't be melted into goo by surprise. Once we confirm the package i would like to do a double check on the package. Papa could you scan the Truck magically and for any tracking device or RFID tags or whatever from where your at? I don't want any way for anyone to track us without us knowing it."> with that said Zion forward to Aeryn to confirm she is ready before moving forward to greet their mutual friends
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45:40; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Aeryn nods.

< [Aeryn] Sounds good, let's go. >
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45:40; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Lynx Keeps checking her guns - almost lost one of them, she still berates herself for that - and nods. "I'll come down blazing if you give the signal." She studies the drone data - and her own view - to decide on the best approach.

On foot... over the chain link fence... maybe jump of that container there...angle should be ok for covering fire at least...

<[Lynx]Do we go in with the car, or on foot? I could go up on the warehouse roof too, but that would be moving a bit closer.>

Jumping down from that, firing form both guns, would be a surprise indeed. Should be enough to startle anyone.
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45:40; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion starts to head for the sedan staying just ahead of Aeryn so she stays on his left side.<Zion @ Team"Actually Lynx i would like to have someone who could protect our ride out and magical support if things throw down. Once we get the truck and everything goes smoothly we will give a signal and you can release T and we will be Oscar Mike. If things go down you can jump off what ever you want and shoot who ever as long as its not me or Aeryn.copy?">
Fuchs
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45:50; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

<[Lynx]Copy that. I'll stay with the car.>
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:45:50; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion thought he might have been a little rude on the TeamNet with Lynx but she did almost take his head off last time they got into a fire fight. Zion was no vet of running the shadows but at least he was familiar with cynic and Aeryn some sorts Lynx was the wild card and he thought it best to keep her next to the only astral protection they had to keep his meat safe while he floated around and did what ever it was they did.

<Zion@Team "Roger that Lynx, lets move."> Zion checked his sectors as he moved looking for anything the cynic might have missed or might have been hiding. He didn like anything sprung up on him and the men inside the sedan's were a surprise to him for sure.
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:47:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Plans made, the team starts into motion. Zion and Aeryn exit the van and jog up to the chain link fence, then along it. In AR, the duo see Papa Smurf floating on what appears to be a magic cloud of neon colored electrons. Lynx and Cynic remain in the van with the Transporter.

Continuing at a pace of a light jog, the duo exit the lot and round the corner out of direct sight. Aeryn's fly-spy in the target area picks them incoming less than a minute later and the Team-Net GPS overlay map tracks their movements as well. The duo are however very stealthy and easily slip onto the lot and within 30 meters of the first of the two sedans. Two people are in the front seat, keeping half-assed watch while chatting. Another sedan sits less than 10 meters on the other side of the first sedan. The semi sits across the lot.

Hovering in between the team in AR
<<@Team [Papa Smurf] Victor Delmarco.>>
As the duo silently looking at the virtual blue persona trying to connect the name to anything, but failing....
<<@Team [Papa Smurf] The driver. His name is Victor Delmarco. Driver's license number E354564679A. Forty-two years old. At least that's what his ID says. He really skimped on his com too. An old trash-80 model and his patching subscriptions have expired. He's either not a pro or trying real hard to look 'not pro'.>>
Saytr
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:47:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion looks at the two sedans and internally sighs If i ran into these guys back in the day they would already be dead Zion throws up his hand in a fist so Aeryn can see and hopefully understands and drops to one knee behind the fence line <Zion@Team" Papa please if you can hack thier net and communicate that if they are not with our johnson they need to leave immediatly. Lynx if cynic is still aware can you guys come up the other side of the lot so we can approach from both sides, T thank you for the quick trip we can take it from here. I am going to call the johnson and see if he sent anyone to watch the load prior to us getting here"> Zion transfers via remote the funds from his com to T without a second concern then turned to Aeryn and said just loud enough for Aeryn to hear "if we can move along thier sedans without being seen we can get a jump on them should they try anything, what do you think?"

Zion then using his AR typed up a quick message <Zion@Aeryn "can you contact your johnson and tell him we are at the target, also did he send anyone to protect the load prior to our arrival. if so can he give us details so i don't kill strangers.>
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:47:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Aeryn stops, when Zion signals her, even though she is not a military type, she thinks that this is what he means.

< [Aeryn] Sure, I can do that. I would prefer, if we did no hacking of their coms, however, if they are the watchdogs send by our employer. You know, that kinda sends the wrong message. Just figure out their number, so we can send them a message normally. How does that sound? Zion, Papa? >

In the meantime, Aeryn sends Lon a quick message.

< @Lon [Aeryn] Hey, we are there. Are those your guard dogs in the yard? Or should we be worried? >

Aeryn attaches a picture of the cars without the semi and without landmarks so it couldn't be used to identify where it was taken without knowing the location very well.
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:47:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion looks at Aeryn and considers thier options for a second <Zion@Team "Sounds good, when you get word from Johnson then we can move on the truck yeah?">
Redjack
Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:48:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Cynic returns to astral space, providing over watch against potential threats from there. Meanwhile, Aeryn and Zion patiently wait for progress in the electronic world.

<<@Team [Papa Smurf] Copy. The area is pretty dead as far as the matrix is concerned. I can pretty much account for all signals in the area. Granted, Zion's com isn't fine tuned like mine but unless there is a sniper or two running quiet, the foursome are it.>>

Lon's response comes less than a minute later.
<<@Aeryn [Lon] I would assume those to be Chip's goon's. It appears they are pretty worthless for security given your apparent proximity>>
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:48:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

< @Lon [Aeryn] Alright, we will be on our way back soon, then. Cya there. >

Aeryn then signals Zion that it is ok.

Then she leaves her hiding place and moves towards the cars.
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:48:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion stood up with Aeryn's ok gesture and started to walk non chalantly towards the sedan which housed the unaware security. <Zion@team "PaPa tell them the pick up team is here and they can go please"> Zion takes a position so they can see him under one of the semi lite street lights in the lot. and holds his Ingram in one hand with waving them to leave with his other.
Redjack
QUOTE (Redjack @ Mar 28 2010, 07:14 AM) *
A big rig sits on the dark lot and a pair of sedans sit in the parking lot, waiting.

Team; Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:49:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Aeryn moves across the dark lot towards the sedans. Eventually, the occupants take notice and exit their vehicles. The smoker walks towards Aeryn. He starts to talk, stops, gazes off - distracted, then focuses back on Aeryn. He closes the distance, handing her a chip. "Good luck" is all he says before turning and heading back to the car.

The cars start, turn on the lights and exit the lot leaving the team with one semi-truck and a chip containing the digital keys to the truck.
Thanee
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:49:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Thanks!

< [Aeryn] So far, so good. Check out the truck now... >

Aeryn looks at the content of the chip and then heads over to the truck to see what they have there. She will make a quick check to see whether it has rigger controls, enough gas/power, enough seats for four passengers, and so on. She also takes a look into the back, of course.

Eventually, Aeryn pulls out her radio signal scanner and takes a sweep.
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 01:49:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion watches intently the exchange of the chip between the two, afterwards Zion takes a defensive position in front of the semi covering the approach of the rest of the team which ever way they came into the parking lot.
<Zion@Team "All clear, T please drop off the other two. After that we are good to go T. Thanks">
Fuchs

Lynx is chewing some bubblegum - Hot&Spicy flavored - while watching the feeds from the other runners. She tenses up when the other guy leaves his car to approach Aeryn, then settles down again when the "opposition" leaves without anything happening.

This could still be a trap... maybe a team hidden inside the truck... she thinks, but dismisses the thought at once - the astral scout checked that, didn't he?

They really should invent astral cameras so we can have live feeds from astral scouts...

Blowing a bubblegum bubble, then letting it pop she waits for the go-ahead signal - or rather the car she is inside starting to move.
Redjack
Team; Thursday March 20th, 2070; 01:50:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Aeryn finds only the encrypted certificate key that will allow her operator access to the truck. After loading the key, she is able to access the trucks PAN and authenticate. The truck is indeed rigged. There are two seats in the cab and a sleeper bunk; Looks like friendly arrangements. At the back she finds a pair of padlocks securing the doors.

Zion takes his position, then the Transporter drives the van to the entrance of truck's parking lot. Cynic returns to his body and exits the car with Lynx.

As the Transporter drives off, the team is left by themselves with the truck. A quick time of the time to the deadline: Three hours, ten minutes.
Saytr
Team; Thursday March 20th, 2070; 01:50:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion looks at the time it took to get there and the time they had and figured they would make it with maybe 20 to 30 minutes to take care of any distractions. Zion watches the van pull up and lynx and cynic jump out and T head out, waving bye as he passed. <Zion@Team"i figure if we don't run into thos jokers again on the highway we should arrive well within the time alloted. You guys ready to mount up? by the way i call shotty.">
Thanee
Thursday March 20th, 2070; 01:50:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

< [Aeryn] Well, we have to figure out some arrangement with the seats, I guess. It's not exactly a whole lot of space there for four. But it will work. Back is sealed, I suppose we do not want to break that open. I for one am not that curious. >
Redjack
Team; Thursday March 20th, 2070; 01:51:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Papa Smurf leans against the truck in virtual world. He pulls a snack bar out of his pocket, takes a bite and immediately begins to shrink. His avatar then jumps up into the air, crossing to Aeryn's shoulder.
<<@Team [Papa Smurf] I'm ready to hit it.>>
Thanee
Thursday March 20th, 2070; 01:52:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

< [Aeryn] Ok, let's go then... >

Aeryn climbs into the driver's seat and starts the engine.
Saytr
Thursday March 20th, 2070; 01:52:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion double checks the area to make sure no one is eying the truck and climbs in after everyone else. "i hope those knuckleheads didn't tip anyone off to the shipment. Im with you though Aeryn lets move."
Fuchs

Lynx crawls into the bunk area, scooting into a corner, and testing if she can move her arm well enough to shoot through the windows that way - over the head of the driver. - if needed. Not ideal.

<<@Team [Lynx] Is the truck astrally sealed too?>>
Redjack
Team; Thursday March 20th, 2070; 01:51:00; Warehouse District, Vancouver, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Aeryn climbs into the large truck and sits in the driver's seat. The truck then starts up with a the purr of a well tuned diesel coming to life. Looking across her AR displays, everything lights into the green. The display is full featured, definitely a sizable upgrade to the stock variant.

Lynx crawls in, finding her spot in the sleeper, behind the passenger to give her vantage over the driver. Cynic climbs in next to the other side, looks over the bed, then at Lynx, then to the privacy curtain, then back to Lynx with a smile. Zion is the last to climb aboard taking the passenger seat.

With everyone aboard, Aeryn recalls her fly-spy and begins easing the big rig forward and out of the parking lot.

<<@Team [Papa Smurf] I'm gonna catch a few Z's while you all make your way home. Ping me if you need me.>>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012