Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Saytr
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 10:17:36; Central Puyallups, Seattle
Zion;PAN=Passive[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(broadcasting)

Zion slightly slack jawwed looks from the kid to the other two as he speaks to them like he were the adult and they were all the ameteur runners then lets a small grin slid up one half of his face "well im glad you know your specialty kid, thanks for the tickets by the way they will be very useful. The younger one is probably older then your mother lol. and no she doesn't like norms they arent equipped well enough to handle what she asked for." Zion lets that sink for a second in a poor attempt at humour. "well now that we have reasons and we all have our ID's. now we just need to get there with cargo and ourselves intact." Zion goes into his com and starts scanning his priority tagged files for any discrepancy's. Zion looks to Quick and writes a message <Zion @ Quicksilver "sorry i have to ask, you didnt mess with any other of my files did you? its not polite to rummage through other runners files you work with." >
Thanee
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 10:19:00; Central Puyallups, Seattle
Aeryn; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

"That sounds really good, Quicksilver. The only 'miracle' we need now is for all of that to actually work. Are we set, then?"
Cedric Rolfsson
Monday March 3, 2070; 10:19:25; Puyallups, Seattle

Cynic tossed off the rest of his beer and slipped his jacket on, shrugging the heavily armored synthleather around until it felt right. He checked the action on his Predator then jacked a round into the chamber and set the safety, leaving the weapon ready for a quick response as needed.

"I'm ready to roll, I figure we ought to take different routes and meet at an agreed time and location in the area of the meet. That way if case one of us is taken it won't endanger the others."
Saytr
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 10:20 Central Puyallups, Seattle

Zion sitting in his favorite recliner slams the last of his drink " well if Aeryn could just take the package's in her ride we can follow to the general area and then all watch out for each other on the way to the meet, when we all meet up at the meet we can carry the cases in and do our deal and get the hell out i hope."
Redjack
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 10:20 Central Puyallups, Seattle

<<@Zion [Quicksilver] Your files are safe dude. And hey... As to the video... I was just checking it for viruses.>>

"I'm good with whichever. So... I'm in the sedan?"
Cedric Rolfsson
Monday March 3, 2070; 10:20:25; Central Puyallup

Cynic shrugged once more, finally settling the heavy jacket and pistol into a quasi-comfortable position and nodded at the kid.

"Ya, you ride with the hot Elf chick the rest of us will have to make do by ourselves. Y'all have my comm numbers, I'm going to head out now to get in position and do a little early recon of the area, maybe give the two of you some time to get to know each other.

The young mage shot the kid decker and the aforementioned hot Elf chick a lecherous grin and wiggled his eyebrows in an overly suggestive manner. Then, still laughing at his own joke, he headed down for his bike and to get in place plenty ahead of time.
Saytr
Monday March 3, 2070; 10:20:25; Central Puyallup

Zion looked at Cynic as he started for the door and cut him off before he could make his way out "i think we should all leave together and stay as a group, in case something happens we can all watch each other back and by the end of the night all get paid at least i hope."
Thanee
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 10:21:00; Central Puyallups, Seattle

"Alright, Quicksilver and I will take the sedan. Zion and Cynic on bike. You should stay nearby most of the time, so you can intervene in case something unexpected happens. When we come to the border, we should split up a bit further to avoid suspicion and rejoin afterwards. Are we good?"
Saytr
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 10:21:10; Central Puyallups, Seattle

Zion looks around to the other three in the room and waits for any dis-agreements" sounds good, ill stay back about a quarter mile at the stop with Cynic then we will catch up after the border crossing. keep an eye out for any tails since our run is on the net anyone might get a wild hair and try to highjack our goods. if we are set gather your gear and lets run." Zion goes to his room and fills his backpack with a trauma pack and stuffs a few throwing knifes in his leg strap and puts it in his pack. never know when you might need to cut someone.
Thanee
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 10:21:15; Central Puyallups, Seattle

Aeryn pulls out her rather small pistol. "I'll leave my 'artillery' here, if that's ok with you, Zion. I can fetch it later."
Saytr
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 10:21:15; Central Puyallups, Seattle

Zion brings out a pellican case and opens it up, and motions for anyone who wants to put their hardware away to just throw it in the case" when we are done and we can make a last stop by here."
Redjack
Monday March 3rd, 2070; ~10:30; Puyallup City, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle

At Cynic's grin, Quicksilver looks to Aeryn. "Don't worry baby. I'll look out for you." His optimism remains even through any negative response Aeryn provides.He follows her to the sedan, smile intact all the way.

The team pulls out, Aeryn & Quicksilver in the sedan with the cargo while Zion follows on his street bike and Cynic on his dirt bike. Being mid-morning, traffic is light as the team traverses Puyallup City. Late enough to avoid the morning rush, early enough to avoid most of the gangers who are still sleeping the previous night off.

Monday March 3rd, 2070; ~11:00; Puyallup Barrens to Tacoma

As much as they feared being intercepted or accosted in transit, the team mixes and intermingles with the other travellers without incident. For the team, this trip stands in stark contrast to the previous day's travel. The wilderness has been replaced by the urban jungle; Heavy population replaces the desolate areas they traveled so recently. Sounds, smells and sights all assault their senses, but this is familiar. This is what they are used to.

<<@Aeryn [Mike] Suburban arrived safe and sound, though a local gang had quite an interest in it. When they found out it was empty, they moved on quick enough. That and my doberman has a pretty intimidating white knight.>>
Thanee
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:00; Puyallups to Tacoma, Seattle

"Yeah, sure. Just get in."

< @Mike [Aeryn] Good to hear that. Picked the best route I could think of for the autopilot. >
Saytr
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:00; Puyallups to Tacoma, Seattle

Zion hated traffic getting irritated at every block moving only inches sometimes while traffic slugged along. Zion took every chance to squeeze in between gaps ensuring he didnt lose Aeryn and her sedan. also keeping a eye out for anyone eyeing the sedan getting to intrested. he missed the open roads and fields wishing he never had to leave the forest. He did his duty and kept vigilant though keeping eyes open.

Zion also thought of one of his contacts that might be of help to them. his Transporter friend been a while since he aimed any business his way.
Redjack
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:15; Normandy Park, Downtown District, Seattle

The team sees at least two Lone Star traffic drones hovering overhead during their journey, but neither seem to take any notice of them. Their fake SINs and Quicksilver's matrix work all appear to be working... or the drones simply weren't interested in them. In either case, the trip up the I-5 is completed without attracting the wrong attention.

As they close in on SeaTac Airport, they can easily make out the planes landing and taking off, but those are irrelevant to mission at hand. Normandy Park sits between SeaTac and Puget Sound. The chosen route takes the team off of the I-5, over on Hwy-516 and up Hwy-509. They immediately notice the state of repair of not only the road, but the side walks and yards. For the difference in the Barrens and here, they could be on another planet.

Passing the high-rise apartment buildings on the water front, they become increasingly aware of the security level of the neighborhood. Private security vehicles, curb-side building security, and an increased presence of Lone Star all increase the paranoia level of the team.

The actual location of the meet is Des Moines Beach Park. It lies less than a kilometer ahead of the team and they have arrived well in advance of the meeting. For some, this is the time that is the most stressful.
Saytr

Zion parks his bike close to the Sedan and checks out the area looking for anything the whole team could walk into and not attract to much attention taking note of anything such as vendors on the streets and any lines to get into clubs also he looked around the meeting area to see what kind of security there would likely be and check for street immediate exits and cover if he would need any. also scopes the building tops for any snipers or spotters.

<Zion @ Team "so i guess we have some time to kill Aeryn can you set up your drone to watch the sedan while we get inside off the streets till the meet i would like to not have to many eyes on us here."> Zion doesn't take his helmet off or get off his bike until the team is ready to move.
Thanee

< [Aeryn] Yes, I can do that. >

Aeryn parks her tiny crawler drone inside the Sedan (in fact, on the package), and the flyspy nearby to watch the surroundings.

She also looks for a nearby place to park for half an hour, that is reasonably insuspicious.
Redjack
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:17; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

Even in March there are a number of cars parked at the marina just south of Des Moines Park, this will provide a location to perform a fly-spy reconnaissance of the park and make a few preparations. Aeryn parks the car and soon is joined by a motorcycle on either side as her other team mates arrive.

[ Spoiler ]
Thanee
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:18; Normandy Park, Downtown District, Seattle

< [Aeryn] This place seems alright to stay for a while, but Lonestar might take notice of the bikes, maybe we can put them somewhere, where they are out of sight for now? >
Saytr
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:20; Normandy Park, Downtown District, Seattle

Zion looks around for more bikes and decides to park in the same area and meet up with Aeryn and the rest of the team, he pulls up to the Aeryns window."Cynic will roll with me we' ll tag up with you in after we park, Aeryn if you could please pull up as close to the water front as you can. we will unload everything once the others show up."

Zion makes a quick text to the number the johnson gave for the second drop off <Zion @ LTG johnson gave us "team at drop off, consider yourself contacted.">
Redjack
Monday, March 3rd, 2070; 11:20; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

Zion looks around but after a few minutes realizes a sad fact about an A-rated neighborhood in March: If you have money, you don't ride a motorcycle when its cold.

<<@Zion [Johnson] Noted. I will inform the client. Expect them ~11:45>>
Saytr
Monday, March 3rd, 2070; 11:25; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

Zion relays the message via text to the rest of the team
<Zion @ Team "1145 show time we have 20 min to secure the trade, quick please see if you can access any cameras overlooking the meet and see if you can't do something about us being invisible for the time of the meeting plese?">
Redjack
Cynic's is a product of his environment. From a single-parent household to a no-parent kid on the streets calling a gang family to a grubby, smart-mouthed, young man learning to grab the force of nature that is mana and bend it to his will. While his environment is not one of doormen and patrolled streets and magical security, neither is he oblivious to that environment.

Different districts and neighborhoods have different regulations in regards to the use of magic. In most, places magic use is not restricted out of doors; Council Island is a notable exception. Of course, the end result of that magic use is actually what is restricted or outlawed. Use of obvious magic will draw the scrutiny of local security forces, but usually not their intervention. That scrutiny usually involves one of the mages on shift astrally scouting out and determining a threat level. The only summoning that is banned is insect spirits and toxics. Most local security companies do offer a registration service (for a fee, of course) so that various guardian spirits can be quickly explained to any security forces one might encounter.

Most magicians find themselves at one time or another the subject of a 'disturbing the peace' violation; This allows them to be cataloged by local security forces. Anyone caught committing a felony finds themselves subject to providing a DNA sample (magicians or otherwise). The actions of spirits become the responsibility of the summoner. More than once a summoner who poorly chose the wording of their command has found themselves with a lengthy prison sentence for the unwitting actions of their summoned spirit.
Cedric Rolfsson
Monday March 3, 2070 11:25:30 Other side of the Tracks, Seattle UCAS

Cynic sat on his bike and looked around, this was the kind of neighborhood where he didn't want to risk a summoning. Too likely to attract attention rather than avoid it. Of course he could astrally project himself but he didn't want to leave his meat body defensless in this situation, besides falling off the bike in an unconscious lump is just as likely to attract attention. He would have to content himself with astral perceptions.

From: Cynic To: All I'm going to perceive astrally folks, it means I can't read my comms. I'll let everyone know if I see any active spirits in the area. I may be distracted so don't count on me watching my corner of the meat world for a while.

With that message blasted across the elctrons he slipped into astral perceptions and began scanning the area for active astral presenses.
Redjack
Monday, March 3rd, 2070; 11:55; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

Much to the team's surprise, the intervening time passes without a security patrol harassing them; One did pass by two minutes ago however. Timing being what it is, it also appears that it is time for the delivery. A small economy car has arrived at the designated location and an elven man in a tuxedo just stepped out of the car. His cloths are quite a contrast to his vehicle. He is looking around as if waiting for something or someone.
Thanee
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:55; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

< [Aeryn] I'll go and deliver the package together with Quicksilver. Cynic and Zion, you two stay in the background, just in case? >

Unless there are any objections, Aeryn then slowly drives her car towards the elf, keeping an eye out for any trouble via her fly-spy drone in the vincinity.
Saytr
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:55; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

Zion responds with a auible "will do" into his comlink. Sensing action could erupt at any moment he sets him self up to intercept anything that might make a run at the little car or Aeryn and the good. he ensures his augments are turned on a uses his vision enhancment to snap a glance and mental photo of the man that emerged from the car. he also starts to scan the area for any potential threats visual or not. he knew all to well that anyone can get a camo equipped car for enough nuyen. Zion needed this run to be a success, he had bill to pay and gear to replenish. he hoped Cynic didnt get into any trouble while away in lala land.
Redjack
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:56; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

Aeryn drives slowly over to the elf, while Quicksilver begins bouncing with anticipation. Cynic finds no astral presences and Zion finds no physical threats.

As Aeryn approaches, the elf regards her with a bit of trepidation and anxiety. As she pulls up beside him, he asks. "Do you have my packages?"
Saytr
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:56; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

not noticing anything threatening he starts to walk accross the road and through the park nonchalantly making his way around to approach the meeting out of view from the skinny frail man that arrived.
Thanee

Aeryn nods. "Yes, everything's on the backseat. Where should we drop it?"
Redjack

A look of disbelief and shock crosses his face. "Oh good lord, you didn't drop them did you?" He looks towards the car, his anxiety level rising. "Are they in there? Let me see them."
Thanee

"Drop... as in... ah, forget it... no, we did not 'drop' the package, of course. It's right here, take a look if you want, just tell me where you want the package."
Redjack
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:57; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

"Yes. Yes I do." he says in a quite determined voice. He steps around her to the packages in the back seat of the car. He touches the lid of the first and there is an audible pop as the releases. Plumes of cool condensation escape as the air in the sealed cases mixes with the around they have all been breathing.

He reaches in and pulls out an ornate bottle of wine, inspecting the seal, then looking in the case checking the others before replacing the bottle and resealing it. He repeats the process on the second case before turning back to Aeryn with a relieved smile. "Everything is in order. Your man will be paid." He grabs the first case, "Can you please load the other?"
Thanee
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:58; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

"Sure."

Aeryn then helps him with the other case.
Saytr
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:57:30; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

once zion sees the contact lean into the car he watches for any flashes that might be gun fire or loud screams that might make the drop go bad for the team.

<Zion @ team "Aeryn everything good?cynic isnt back to his meat yet so i dont know how that side of the world is looking but i can't see any flatfoots or signs of anyone else so let hurry up and get paid and get out of here.">

Thanee
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 11:58; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

< [Aeryn] Yes, so far everything is fine. He checked the content of the cases to see that they are undamaged. No problems. We put the cases into his car now, then we are good to go and fetch our pay from the fixer, as far as I can see. >
Redjack
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 12:05; Cliff Ave S, Near Des Moines Beach Park, Downtown District, Seattle

Within two more minutes, the elf has secured the packages and left with them. Zion sees the security patrol easing back into the area. He passes Aeryn and Quicksilver without a second glance. Zion does cause him pause, but Cynic and the growler quickly get his full attention as being totally out of place. He follows Cynic out of the area, but no farther. Several minutes more and the team reassembles on the highway, headed home to the relative safety of the Barrens.

Monday March 3rd, 2070; 12:57; En route, Puyallup City, Puyallup Barrens District, Seattle

Cynic's watcher returns. He describes a place a place where several people are cooking food. The elf carried the boxes into a warded basement area the watcher could not follow. The place overlooks the water.

Monday March 3rd, 2070; 13:16; Forbidden City Chinese Restaurant, Puyallup City, Puyallup Barrens District, Seattle

Safely back to the the Forbidden City Chinese Restaurant in Puyallup City, the team each receive an incoming message containing their pay + a 10% bonus: 3,300¥ total.

Monday March 3rd, 2070; 13:32; Forbidden City Chinese Restaurant, Puyallup City, Puyallup Barrens District, Seattle

The team is finishing up their meal when a trio of Ameri-Indian Posers walk up to their table. Quicksilver mutters a slur, then gets a little uneasy in his chair and each of the team gets an alert from their firewall:
<<@User [Firewall] Quicksilver virus removed by the Kilroy plugin.>>

The leader of the trio speaks, while the other two collect Quicksilver, starting with turning his comlink off. "Kilroy sent us to collect Quicksilver."

The rest of the patrons ignore the young man being escorted out, trying not to get involved. And with that the team is alone and considerably richer.
Thanee
Monday March 3rd, 2070; 13:32; Forbidden City Chinese Restaurant, Puyallup City, Puyallup Barrens District, Seattle

"That kid surely needs to learn his limits, it seems. Well, I guess we have to send K our thanks for that. Good job, guys. That went pretty smooth, all things considered."
Saytr
to
Zion sizes up the three when they come up pushing his chair out a little for quick action in case things got hairy, he then curses in his native language "that kid has something to answer for i think for Killroy to send three guys to pick up a kid. the kid provided good support i hope he isnt drekked we could use him in the future.job well done everyone by the way" once the trio leave and are out of sight Zion pulls himself back to his food .after a few minutes he finishes his food and stands up he then sends cynic and Aeryn his com number for future refrences via message. He added a compliment to Aeryns as well as a invitation to a night out to watch a combat Biking tournament. "ill see you guys around im sure of it."
Saytr
Monday March 3d, 2070 1500hrs Zions apartment

Zion wondered about the large shipment they took into the Tir. he hadn't been that close to the border of the Tir and seeing those glyphs he knew so little about the language he felt like he didn't know a part of himself very well, he started to think about it and figured since Haleys visit years ago he wanted to know more about what those Acients really wanted them to carry out of the place and what was inside.

Zion starts using his seattle mapsoft and finds a local Book store. after finding one that would have the appropriate book he starts our on his new mission on his bike,he figured during any down time he would try and learn anything he can about the Elf Language hoping that maybe next time he would be able to decern just exactly what was written and what they were saying.
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:00am; Gabe's Apartment
Zion

It had been over two weeks since a solid lead on a job had made it to Zion. Oh, several calls had come in. Bodyguard this, do that. The pay had been pretty insulting on all the jobs and the once you start taking those crappy jobs that's all you end up doing. It was far from a wash though. Delila had been please company and she had enjoyed tutoring him in Sperethiel as much as he had enjoyed being tutored.

A bigger coup for him had been connecting with Kaboom. Kilroy had recommended the dwarf and made initial introductions. Zion actually took a night's work bodyguarding the dealer at the Crime Mall last week. Sometimes slumming a bit does have its advantages. The dwarf understood that it wasn't Zion's normal gig. He was also looking for the little harder to find gear Zion is seeking.

<<@Zion [Kaboom] I found one of those magazines you wanted. The Mall is open tonight. Come by and we can haggle on price.>>
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:00am; Aeryn's Apartment
Aeryn

The past few weeks had been a whirlwind. Seemed like only yesterday that she had made her last border crossing; It had in fact been over two weeks. Patience is a smuggler's game. You take the right cargo from the right people and you are in the game long term. Bad choices and bad luck have been the undoing of many and Aeryn was looking to increase her luck.

As luck would have it, not only is the Crime Mall open tonight, but she also has an open schedule. Yes, some days you can get a little lucky.
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:00am; Somewhere in the Puyallups
Cynic

Cynic had been up for a few hours. He had slipped out before the party girl he bedded the night before woke up. Her mind was weak, especially under the influence of whatever she was abusing her body with. It had just taken some subtle magic to change her mind about him; The morning light might illuminate things a little too much though. He slipped out while she slept. This way he was just a fuzzy memory.

Grabbing a burrito at the first stuffer shack, sitting on his bike, he considered what to do for a little entertainment. He did remember one of the gangers at the party the night before mentioning the Mall would be open tonight. Always fun to watch the tourists.

(( Tourists being what they generally referred to cherries as on their first trip to the Crime Mall. They generally broke one of the etiquette's of the Mall and would get man-handled by either the merchant security of one of the two gangs who provided security. ))
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:00am; Lynx' apartment, Tacoma
Lynx

The Kung-Fu Geisha XXXVII world premiere has been a smash. The story is the continuing saga of Japanese girl abducted by a Chinese warlord, secretly taught Wushu Kung-Fu by the unassuming gardener whose sons had died in a war. In this episode, Miki (The Kung-Fu Geisha) came across a remote village, in her travels, subjected to raids by a group of trolls living in the nearby hills. Her patented twirling kick of power saved the day, as always.

Today was a new day, however, and rent is a requirement in the real world. Luck being what it is, she gets an incoming call that may hep with that.

<<@Lynx [Kilroy] I received your name Breaker. He said you are pretty good with sidearms and have a level head on your shoulders. Are you interested in a little bodyguard work tonight?>>
Saytr
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:00am; Gabe's Apartment
Zion;PAN=hidden[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(not broadcasting)

<Zion @Kaboom sounds good see you at the Mall, usual cornor?">

Val packs his Ingram that he wants to buy the new magazine for as well as a few extra rounds to load into the new mag if the price is right. he was excited about the ability to save a few seconds in a fire fight not having to reload until he has spent 50-100 rounds Kaboom had recently been a great contact getting to know what kind of gear he could get a hold of while making some extra cash even if he felt it was below him was worth the cost of not making any Nuyen at all.

He was hoping a run would hit soon he would need rent money soon as well as taking his new Secretary out for a Nice dinner. Sperethiel was such a special language espcially when spoken to explain pleasure. he mused over that a moment then headed to his stash of weapons and pulled out his ingram as well as one of his sliver guns and packed his vest on tight then pulled his riding jacket on and took off heading for the mall using the back roads and alleys that took him off the highways.
Fuchs
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:01 am; Lynx' apartment, Tacoma
Lynx

That's a good way to start the day!

With more than halfway into the month, and still being a bit behind her payment plan, such as there is, Lynx is more than happy to get a work offer. She's not quite yet at the "no questions asked" stage, but Trentino already called to ask how she was doing - a not so sublte reminder that he'd be around at the end of the month to collect the interest on her loans. Clearing her throat, and composing herself to appear less eager than she is, she answers the message.

<<@Kilroy [Lynx] Yes, I would be interested. What further information do you have bout the job?>>
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:01 am; Lynx' apartment, Tacoma
Lynx

<<@Lynx [Kilroy] At this point the job is simple: Meet an associate and provide physical security for his person for the evening. Pay is 200 nuyen.gif If you actually have to draw down, there is a hundred nuyen bonus.>>

The pay was reasonable enough, especially for a blind contact... assuming that she doesn't get dropped into a "Z" zone. And if the gig goes well, she might make a new contact or two that could lead to more work.
Fuchs
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:02 am; Lynx' apartment, Tacoma
Lynx

<<@Kilroy [Lynx] That's acceptable. Where and when is the security required, and are there any dress codes or other conditions I should be aware of?>>

Smooth, like Cynthia Wong in "Profesisonal II."
Redjack
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:02 am; Lynx' apartment, Tacoma
Lynx

<<@Lynx [Kilroy] --] Contact ARO [-- I've attached Kaboom's contact information. Augmented street clothes for dress. No highly visible armor, but I wouldn't advise going bare. You will be providing security for one of the vendors at the Mall. Meet him at the provided address at 6:30pm.>>

The address was a Tacoma address; A house precisely . The neighborhood was pretty average.
Fuchs
Wednesday March 19th, 2070; 10:03 am; Lynx' apartment, Tacoma
Lynx

<<@Kilroy [Lynx] Will do, Kilroy. 18.30 it is.>>

Augmented Street clothes... I got that. And it's not that far.

The young adept let her agent run a quick - or not so quick, given the program's limitations - search for this "Kaboom". After she saw the little icon - a neon-green tiny eastern dragon, like the spiritual advisor from "Into the Maze of the Mind" - disappear into the depths of the matrix, Lynx checked her gear. Leather Jacket and her half-suit of form-fitting body armor should qualify. Easy to hide her two guns too. The Jumpsuit was a bit too visible, probably.

Almost compulsively, she stripped and cleaned her two Walthers. The smartlinked guns' nodes reported that they were working perfectly fine, but... you never really knew until you pulled the trigger. And that was not possible in her apartment. Not without starting trouble, that was. After getting the gun oil - synthetic, of course, and the brand recommended by "Guns&Ammo" - off her hands with "CleaNano-Soap!" she sat down on her small but thick and soft carpet with the crosshair motive, courtesy of renewing her subscription to "Street Fighting Man", leaned on the wall and watched some Hong Kong trid while waiting for her dumb agent to return and report its findings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012