Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 19:29:40; Just north of Carson, Salish-Shidhe Nation
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

"Ok."

Aeryn then drives the SUV towards the sporting goods store, making sure she makes it before eight.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 19:49:03; Hazard's Sporting Goods, Carson, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion and Collateral go about the task of hiding the snowmobiles while Aeryn and Cynic head on into town. They arrive at the sporting goods store, Hazard's, before eight. They find a young man who is more than willing to help and they find both rafts are in fact, in stock. 399 nuyen.gif later and the team now owns a pair of inflatable rafts. She finds that one of the hidden costs in this deal are paddles. 71 nuyen.gif more and they have paddles as well, load up and are en route to pick up the other two team mates.

Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 20:01:13; North of Carson, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Zion and Collateral find a reasonable spot to stash the snowmobiles. Even in their snowsuits, after sitting around for a bit, they are more than ready to climb back into the suburban for a bit. Collateral muses the obvious, "Under two hours to complete this."

Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 20:35; East of Carson, Salish-Shidhe Nation

Aeryn finds a roadside stop along the river where she can pull the suburban out of view from the highway. The team also has reasonable access to the river from here. Using the air pump in the vehicle, it takes about ten minutes to inflate both rafts. Less than an hour and a half to go they stand on the edge of the river, in the darkness, with a couple of inflatable rafts and a coffin.

Collateral says what everyone is thinking. "We're gonna drown...."
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 20:35; East of Carson, Salish-Shidhe Nation
Zion;PAN=hidden[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(not broadcasting)

Zion looks over at Collateral before helping the others put the rafts in the water "only if you don't start rowing and quit that bellyaching" Zion double checks to make sure he has all his equipment. after glancing at the time in the top right of his contacts he notices the time starting to run out looking to the others " i hope you guys don't mind double timing it to the meet we don't have much time."he then checks the distance via GPS and tries to estimate how long they have at a good pace to get to the meet.

all the while he is thinking to himself i miss this weather
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 20:35:00; East of Carson, Salish-Shidhe Nation
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

"Cynic, can you make a quick surveillance run, before we go in the water? And that water spirit did sount like a splendid idea to me; should also ease Collateral's worries a bit."

Aeryn leaves her Flyspy near the SUV and keeps a small video feed open in the corner of her sight.

Better safe than sorry...
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 20:35:05; East of Carson, Salish-Shidhe Nation

The young mage gave a quick jerk of his head and then settled his body into the SUV and slipped spirit from flesh. He wasted no time, darting across the river almost on the surface of the water, noting any spirits or people. Once at the edge of the river on the southern side he slowed and examined the area beyond carefully before proceeding. He had no intention of being caught off guard.

His brief astral survey done, he reversed direction quickly, heading back to his party.
Redjack
Saturday March 2, 2070; 20:45; Columbia River Area, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Tairngire Border

Cynic's astral form heads out over the river. Several times he is forced to take cover in the trees, their living essence bright on the astral plane shielding his presence from watchers patrol up the river. The watchers pass at random intervals, but he figures that with a spirit's assistance, he should be able to get across the river... if he times the trip right.

Aeryn's fly-spy keeps watch on the SUV. For now, it is safe and undetected. The old orc, Collateral, sits near the mage's body keeping watch. The minutes pass slowly while Cynic is away, but pass without incident.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 20:45:30; Columbia River Crossing, Salish-Shidhe

He settled his spirit into his flesh, conscious of the time flying by with a deadline to meet.

"Okay, they've got watcher's patrolling the area but I think we can slip through, lets go.

While the others get their stuff together and the box moved into the raft Cynic slips down to the river to preform his part in the trip.

He settled himself on a knee by the great river, connecting with the energies of the water, the flow of life throughout the river, adding his own energies to that force, crafting it into coherent form.
Redjack
Saturday March 2, 2070; 20:56; Columbia River Area, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Tairngire Border

The team loads up into the rafts; Themselves and the coffin. At Cynic 's summons, a column of water rises out of the river. The young mage then looks up and down the river, waiting a watching for a full minute before looking the the elemental with a simple, "Now."

On his signal, the spirit collapses back into the river. The rafts then begin move, as if under their own power, out into the current. As the team is pulled downriver, but also across, it is obvious to them that without the spirits they would probably never have made it across the river.

The rafts reach the opposite shore, well over a kilometer down river of their intended landing. As they arrive, Cynic sees another watcher heading up the river on patrol.
Saytr
Saturday March 2, 2070; 20:56; Columbia River Area, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Tairngire Border

Zion jumps out of the raft to ensure it doesn't start to float down river " not to far off course, glad we had what every you used wizkid. Lets wrap things up and get a move oh chummers."
Redjack
Saturday March 2, 2070; 20:57; Columbia River Area, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Tairngire Border

As the raft reach the shore, Zion and Collateral hold the rafts against the current. Meanwhile Cynic pulls forth a watcher out of the fluff of the astral, whispering his commands to the invisible entity. As the patrolling watcher nears the team, Cynic's watcher reaches it and begins to speak to it.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 20:57:04; Columbia River, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border

"Shit." the word was whispered but had plenty of feeling in it when the young mage said it.

"There are watcher spirits patrolling here and one is coming, get the boats out of the water and under cover of the trees now. The trees should provide some cover, I'll be along in two ticks. Go."

Cynic heaved against the raft he and Aeryn used to cross the river to help her get it started out of the water but kept his attention in the astral and on the patrolling watcher spirit. His help in getting the raft out would be minimal but better than a poke in the eye he figured. If the team were discovered now their only chance at escape would be to abandon the box and their mission and high tail it back across the river. He didn't relish the idea of running home with his tail tucked between his legs, the hit on his reputation would make jobs in the future that much harder to get and that much less worth getting.
Saytr
Saturday March 2, 2070; 20:57:04; Columbia River, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border

Zion looks up instinctively to see nothing realizing that what cynic see's isnt really what he can see. Zion uses one hand to pull free one of his sliver guns and the other to help drag the boat to cover.

i hope i dont burst into flames before this run is over
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 20:57:00; Columbia River Area, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Tairngire Border
Aeryn; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

"Okay." Aeryn nods while she hurries towards the trees, dragging the raft behind her.

One of those times I'm just glad to have bought those extra muscles...
Redjack
Saturday March 2, 2070; 21:37:21; Columbia River, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border

The foursome gets the rafts out of the water and up on the shore under the canopy of trees. A short time later after a brisk hike through the forest they arrive, tired and within 100m of the meeting location. Checking the time, they are minutes outside of the time window and they appear to have avoided the Tir border patrol.

Ahead, according to the GPS, the meeting location is in the middle of a sizable clearing. The team is currently on a deer trail that appears to lead into the clearing.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:37:21; Columbia River, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border

After making sure, that the rafts are at least not easily seen, Aeryn turns to Zion:

"I suppose this is your specialty... scouting the location."
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:37:21; Columbia River, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border

Zion looks around at the scenery for a minute to take in all the general details for the meet. " ill take point from here and if you dont mind aeryn well make our way to the clearing while you two guys wait until we give a word to bring the casket forward, wizkid i think you should hang back with collateral to cover you and make sure no unwanted magic comes to puff us into smoke. is that a ok plan?" Zion while waiting for the team members to answer before turning back around and checking the grounds for any booby traps or ambushes that any border patrol might use in areas like this.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 21:37:25; Middle of Nowhere, Elfland

Cynic shrugged and stepped back beside the street sammie and the meat chest. His idea of a battle plan usually involved a bunch of gangers gathering into a large group and the rushing at another group of gangers wearing different colors then running away. Either that or striking from ambush on the fly so the bad guys couldn't shoot back. The whole scout and wait thing sounded as good as any other plan.

"Sure. I need to be able to see into the clearing though and need to be able to see you guys to give you magical cover. I've got an Illusion spell that ought to fool most non-magical detectors. You want me to do a quick astral scout of the area first?"
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:37:30; Columbia River, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border

" that would be awesome cynic."
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:43; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Cynic leans against a tree and his conscious form drifts out from his body and into the astral. Meanwhile Aeryn and Collateral stand vigil over both his body and the casket while Zion heads into the heavy forest.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:47; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Zion moves into the dense foliage, taking pieces of plant material as he goes. Within minutes he appears to be a bush that moves in the breeze to his team mates... No wait. That is a bush swaying in the breeze... Correction, he disappears from his team mates sight... Even the projecting Cynic.

Cynic on the hand moves around the bushes and foliage as best he can but quickly realizes this is a whole different deal that the urban jungle.

@Cynic
[ Spoiler ]

@Zion
[ Spoiler ]

@Aeryn
[ Spoiler ]

Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 21:47:05; Middle of Nowhere- Tir Border

The young mage focuses enough of his attention back on his physical self to access the team's network.

Cynic-- [ALL] Astral Contact, spirit form plus one watcher minimum. No hostile actions at present but assume imminent contact and magically active hostiles if things go wrong. Can we be tracked using this network? Could we find anyone else using a similar communication network?

With that done he called up his own watcher spirit and sent it to find any astrally active meta-humans within 300 meters of his present location and report back to him with their location. He returns his focus to the astral form and tries to get a feel for the being's strength.
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:37:30; Columbia River, Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border

Zion freezes and tries to determine if the bird is airborne or still landed "guys we either have to hurry because our meet is about over or the Tir border patrol is on us. either way get that box and your asses up here pronto."
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:47:30; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

To Collateral: "Don't get me startet... yeah, I'm an elf, nature lover and everything, but I sure feel myself at home in the sprawl not out here between the bushes... wait, I think that's Zion."

"Well then, time to move."

The lithe elf helps the orc bruiser with the weight of the coffin as best as she can, taking the back end and leaving the clearing of a path to the one better suited for this task.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 21:47:45; Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border

Cynic couldn't make out the electronic gibberish coming over the team's network while astrally perceiving but he could note the increased tension in his companion and returned his sense to the mundane enough to read the latest message. He looked around for Zion and finally just hoped he was close enough to hear a whispered request.

"Astral scout, cover my flesh for me."

With that he freed his Self from it's physical bindings and slipped into the astral like a fish into water. He wanted to see just who was out there and how many there were.
Redjack
Saturday March 2, 21:47:51; Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border

@Cynic
[ Spoiler ]

@Zion
[ Spoiler ]

@Aeryn
[ Spoiler ]

Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 21:47:55; Salish/Tir Border

Quick Speedy, do a quick search in a 100 meter circle with this point as the center, and report back with the number of humans or meta-humans and the number of astrally active beings.

The young mage darted amongst the trees in a smaller circle, barely ten meters around, trying to find the source of the spirit dogging their steps.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:47:52; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

"This thing is quite heavy, hope we are there soon... and hopefully there won't be any troubles on the way."

< [Aeryn] We are hurrying as fast as we can. Is the way clear? >

With Collateral's help, Aeryn moves on as fast as possible, since they aren't exactly stealthy at the moment, she doesn't even attempt and rather focuses on the primary task.
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:47:52; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Zion instantly pulls out his other ares preadator sliver gun, also trying to make no noise if possible. <Zion @ Team "we have company and i dont think its out meet and greet. Collateral, Aeryn drop the dead weight were goin to geek some fools. cynic can you see the chopper above us, if so can you bring it down please.">

Zion tries to get a better fix on where the two guys are and get behind them if possible.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:47:55; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

After receiving Zion's message, Aeryn puts down the coffin, placing her tiny spider drone down to keep it in sight and warn her when someone enters the sight perimeter, then draws her pistol and moves towards him, now more carefully.
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:47:57; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Tension is thick like a knife for the team as they disperse into the dense forest. Cynic's astral form moves about, nearly blinded by the radiance of the life teeming therein. His watcher returning after several seconds. Its words ripple in the astral like a song, Seven metas, only yourself and two other watchers active in the astral. Looking beyond, Cynic sees another watcher has followed his own.

Aeryn squats near a tree attempting to break up her silhouette. The only sound she can discern above the normal sounds of the forest is Collateral moving away from her. He is definitely a city ork in the middle of a big forest. Back near the coffin, out of her direct sight but within the sight of her drone, a shimmering near a tree across from Cynic's body betrays someone in a chameleon suit.

Zion moves in behind the first of the two new arrivals. Even though that individual activates their chameleon suit, he is able to keep behind them and it does not seem as though they are aware. He does lose track of the second individual though. Zion quickly realizes that his target is moving into to position to cover Collateral.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 21:48:00; Tir Border Guard's Backyard

Cynic zipped back to his body and rejoined flesh and spirit quickly. With his mundane sense once again available to him he quickly caught up on the team's comm network.

{Cynic--ALL} We've got contact, multiple bogies, at least some astral support. Do I try and take out the chopper or not? It'll be noisy and may scare off our contact.

Not really waiting for a reply the young mage once again began a summoning ritual, this time seeking a spirit to help him bring down the enemy overhead. He figured he wouldn't be able to deal with the elves force on force but that was fine, he'd lived this long by being clever rather than strong.

He focused his magic on the fires of his passion, on the hungry flames that consumed whatever it came in contact with, drafting those energies to his purpose and ordering it to serve his will.

The elemental appeared in astral space, a figure no more than three feet in height composed of living flames shaped into humanoid form, it's blazing corona clearly visible in the ether.

Your will, Master?
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:48:00; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

< [Aeryn] Careful Cynic, someone in a chameleon suit right where you are. Coming back. >

Aeryn carefully moves to a position from where she can guard the coffin and help Cynic for now, if necessary, being a little unsure what's going on. She uses her extra senses from the drone to avoid direct visual contact, making it a little easier for her to stay hidden.
Saytr

Zion brings both his pistols up to bear at the camoflauged patrolmen getting ready to fire <Zion @ team" i think its go time i have one thats covering collateral and lost the other that i was following in here and if aeryn says there is one near cynics body that might be him so blast that chopper and lets high tell it to the meeting if there are even still there.">

Zion thinks to himself hopes one of these guys aren't one of his old buddies. oh well i have to eat too
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:47:57; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Cynic returns to his body, alerts team. Still astrally perceiving. He cannot hear team responses nor see AR responses.
Aeryn changes position, watches AR feed from drone, replies to team.
Zion draws weapons, takes aim, replies to team.

Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:48:00; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Cynic feels the sluggish pull of gravity and his meat body; It is much slower to respond than his astral body was seconds ago. He reaches out across the planes, summoning a fire elemental. Gratified as it begins to shimmer into existence in the astral. Five meters away, a meta stands facing Cynic.

Collateral has stopped. He looks around, obviously using his AR feed to locate the other team members, Zion is particular. He casually points his shotgun towards Zion and the Tir Border Agent.

Zion remains calm, a pistol in each hand, the back of the agent's brain pan an easy target. 'CLICK'. The sound of a safety being manually unset causes Zion to almost fire.... until he realizes the sound is behind him.

Moving slowly and slightly, Aeryn is able to see not only Cynic, but the Tir agent shimmering into view. It is obviously an elf in a military uniform, including tactical mask, that shimmers into existence as he mentally deactivates his chameleon suit. A silenced SMG leveled at the young mage.

Collateral's voice coms over the coms...
<<@Team [Collateral] Everyone says 'stay outa the Tir'! Why didn't I listen?>>

@Team
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:48:03; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Cynic commands the spirit as he dives for cover.

From her vantage point, Aeyrn watches as the young mage disappears around the tree. The Tir agent instinctively squats in response, but neither moves, nor fires.

Zion hears a smooth soft female voice, "Easy. Go real easy brother."

[ Spoiler ]
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:48:03; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Zion replies listens to collaterals remark thinking to himself because your getting paid chummer then directs his attention to more pressing matters.

Zion still holding the gun to the skull of the mark infront of him steadies his aim and replies back to the smooth cool and slightly attractive voice from behind him " its never easy, just leave." waiting for the cold womans reply zion prepares to pull the trigger and try to roll out of here weapon fire into cover.
Thanee

Aeryn stays where she is, using her drone to keep the tir agent in sight.

< [Aeryn] What now? >
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:48:04; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Crouching behind the tree, as Cynic awaits the inevitable gunfire that will attempt to end his life, he feels a pain of pain. This pain is not his own, but that of his spirit on remote service. Through his mental summoner's link to the spirit, he knows it has been engaged and is heavily wounded, though his link does not provide any details.

Collateral stands firm and calm, shotgun still leveled, waiting for the outcome of this Mexican standoff.

Ayren stays hidden in the trees, waiting as well.

Zion feels the breath of the woman and she moves in closer. "We will be leaving in moments as will you... assuming the seals are still in tact. When the area is clear, we will drop in your return cargo."
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 2, 2070; 21:48:05; Tir Border

Oh Shit!

The whispered words from the hidden form suggest this could be their contact rather than the Tir border guards. As quick as possible the young mage sends out a mental summons to the fire elemental he'd just sent to destroy the helicopter.

Return to me immediately.

He just hopes the knee jerk reaction to attack wouldn't doom their mission to failure.
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:48:10; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Zion instantly switches his conference call to the team back on <Zion @ team " chill chums these guys are our contact."> Zion then lowers his guns held at the slag infront of him and turns slowly to check out the who the female voice was and points to where the coffin should be" the seals are good to go we are professionals."
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:48:10; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Aeryn stays where she is, but holsters her weapon for now. The elf is still using her drone to keep the scene in sight.

< [Aeryn] That's good news. >
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:50; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Zion alerts the team to the rest of the details and Cynic recalls his spirit. Its services complete, it returns to its home plane and the summoner-link is broken.

Turning, Zion sees a stunning elven beauty. She is in a full tactical uniform, with face camouflage and an SMG, but still striking none the less. In thirty seconds the team is assembled near the coffin, the three tactical members of the Tir team providing over watch and the teams mage levitating down from the hovering fast attack chopper. He quickly checks the seals, signals a 'good to go' and commands the ent-like spirit to lift the coffin to the copter.

The team withdraws leaving not one, but two packages, each less than half the size of the coffin. So now, minutes later, the team is left by themselves inside the Tir border after nightfall.
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:50:30; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Aeryn sighs a breath of relief, as the helicopter takes off.

"Seriously, with that stuff on their disposal, why do they need lowly smugglers to get the stuff over the border? Anyways... looks like we made it. Now, let's get these babies back to town."
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:50:31; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Collateral grunts, "Hmph. Them fairies, no offense, needed deniable assets for this job. Whoever was in that coffin was an Ancient... And these Tir boys & girls just hauled him out like he was one of their own." He turns to Zion, "You're from these parts right? Any ideas?"
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:50:31; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Zion tries to rememeber area off the top of his head." they want total deniability and still get what they need done, one of the reasons why i moved to the city, yeah i might know a little about this area." Zion looks around and checks to see if the new containers are light enough to to carry with one person or if they need two. "Lets get the hell out of here just cause they are good doesnt mean they weren't seen or heard by anyone."
Thanee
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:50:35; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Aeryn helps with the boxes as best as she can.

"Alright then, we still got some way before us."
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; 21:50:35; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Zion is able to manage one of the cases by himself while Collateral and Aeryn work together to pick up the other. The forest around them is silent except for the breeze blowing through the branches. Being in the forest, in the Tir, at night is bad enough but the near silence is maddening.

Saturday March 2nd, 2070; ~22:20; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

As the team moves through the forest, Cynic catches sight every so often of watchers. His own watchers report back that there are numerous watchers about. Except for those watchers, the trip is uneventful and devoid of any other contacts. A short time later the team arrives back at the rafts. The night has been exhausting and it is not over yet.

Cynic sees no watchers what so ever at the river, including the one's that had been dogging them through the forest. The rafts are as the team left them and the sounds of the river now break up the quiet. It seems that all that is left in this leg of the trip is to cross the river and return to the suburban.

@All
[ Spoiler ]
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; ~22:20; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Arriving at the rafts, Collateral is obviously exhausted from the trek. He is breathing harder than the rest and having problems keeping up. Cynic and Aeryn are both tired from the exertion of the day, but still hanging on. Cynic is definitely glad he wasn't carrying one of the cases. Satyr on the other hand, appears ready to repeat the trek.

Loading up in the rafts, Cynic calls another spirit to guide them across the treacherous river....
Redjack
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; ~22:57; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

The small spirit struggles with the rafts, fighting against the river current. As the team enters the middle of the river, they realize that the spirit is slightly overwhelmed by the rushing river and the team takes up the oars in an attempt to supplement the spirit's movement power. Tired already, the efforts to assist the spirit pushes the group to the edge of exhaustion.
[ Spoiler ]
Already downriver some distance when they started due to the last trip across the river, they are now considerably farther downriver, wet and cold. Collateral collapses on the ground once Satyr and the spirit beach the rafts.

Com signal strength is zero. The team estimates they are several miles from the suburban. The snowsuits the team purchased were definitely a worthwhile investment. Everyone is wet to some degree however and Collateral appears unable to carry his share of the load.
Saytr
Saturday March 2nd, 2070; ~22:57; Just over the Salish-Shidhe/Tir Border.. on the bad side

Zion looks around to the other members of the grounp wishing they went through the same traning he did, zion looks to Aery and cynic "think you guys can handle watching collateral and the packages while i go and get snowmobile from here on out i know its not a good idea to split up but you guys arent going to last long hauling the cargo in tow. ill get the snowmobiles to help burden the load a little."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012