Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Down in the Puyallups with Team #2
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:27; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall
Buzz, Aeryn, Cynic & DJ

Ms Johnson takes a big swig as she watches the team silently looking around the room. Replying to Aeryn, "Good! Kilroy assured me that you would be a good replacement team. He did mention that there would be at least five of you though...."
Cedric Rolfsson
March 1, 2070 20:27:00 Crime Mall Office

Cynic grinned.

"I can fix that boss."

With that he gathered his will and imagination and pulled together the image, mixing light and shadow with color and form until a fifth person appeared in the room as if by, well, magic.

The female figure was gorgeous, toned muscles and surgically perfect body revealing the lack of scars that came only with the best plactic surgeons.

A small headache started behind the young mage's eyes and radiated to the base of his skull, little more than a distraction in reality but a pointed reminder of what exactly goeth before the fall. The young mage kept his grin in place despite the drain.

"Now can we have the job? Although, I'd like a little more in the way of details before agreeing outright."

As the form appeared he sent another text to Aeryn.

I'm worried about the contents. Explosives, breakable, what are the handling requirements? Is this a bomb that we need to keep our distance from so when the Tir comes looking we won't have our fingerprints on it? Sorry about the illusion spell, couldn't help myself on that one.
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:28; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall
Aeryn; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

< [Aeryn] My first thought was... coffin. >
Draug
March 1st 2070 20:28
Buzz; PAN = passive; SIN = hidden (Alexander Simmons Black-Dog)

Buzz just sat there looking at the apparition for a minute. She was hot. Then, he realized that this wasn't the right time to look at pretty ladies, especially not the fake kind. Looking away, he tried to find something else to look at while he came up with something to say. He ended up looking at Ms Johnson's beard. Realizing his mistake, he quickly began scrutinizing the furthest corner of the roof.

'Hang on. Tir? What do they want me in Tir for?' It didn't make any sense to him. What was Kilroy up to?

But damn, the pay seemed good. Then again, it was a border run into Tir. He had no idea what that stuff would end up costing, not to mention the security risks involved. The Cascade border was all the border crossing experience he had, and that was an easy border. Tir was supposed to be tough. This seemed all too rushed and haphazard to him.

<Anyone else feel out of place on this one?>
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:28; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall
Buzz, Aeryn, Cynic & DJ

Ms Johnson cocks one eyebrow as the centerfold comes into being. She then looks at Cynic and says dryly, "Is there a question there somewhere?"
Syndicate_killer
March 1st 2070

<If its a coffin, lets settle with less hassle and feed the fragging body to the 162's in Redmond>

Responding to the question of being out of place: <Not really...pointy ears, good looks..in case you missed all that I'm an Elf>
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:29; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

< [Aeryn] Well, I'm an elf, but I've never been to the Tir. I only heard it's dangerous and the pay doesn't seem all that great for a dangerous mission, assuming the expenses are actually needed. >
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:29; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall
Buzz, Aeryn, Cynic, DJ & Zion

About that time the door opens and a native american elf in a black suit enter. His suit is not a top of the line, but it is tailor fit and he seems comfortable in it. Ms Johnson looks over as the elf enters, "Kilroy said you might be a straggler, I see you found the meet. Please take a seat. The team has already agreed to a single payment of 8k for up front expenses and fifteen hundred a piece upon delivery. The basics of the job is to pick up a box in Redmond at 05:00 tomorrow and deliver it to my agent at a location in Tir at 22:00 tomorrow night. He will only wait 20 minutes. Interested?"
Saytr
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:27; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall
Zion;PAN=hidden[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore(not broadcasting)
Zion walks into the room and nods slightly to the Johnson saying

"hello, yes sorry about being late. As for the arrangements for the run sounds like a deal."
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:30; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

"Hi!"

"Alright, when we are coming to an agreement here, I will have to make sure we get a car, that can carry the box and our evergrowing numbers, or has anything been arranged there already?"
Redjack
Buzz, Aeryn, Cynic, DJ & Zion

"No. No arrangements have been made." She looks around the room, "So do we have a general agreement on the terms given the details I have provided so far?"
Saytr

Zion sits down and glancing around the table."i am in what are the specifics?, such as is the package attached to some unlucky guys arm, are there going to be people intent on making sure we do not obtain the package?. Aslo if some one hasn't already could we receive your agents LTG number or something to that equivalent to get ahold of him or you if he maybe isn't there?"

Zion then looks to the others runners in the room to either add more or wait for a response.

zion think thinks to himself"i hope i haven't just agreed to meet the spirits above"

Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:31; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

"That guy would truely be unlucky, since he would have trouble to move with that box attached to his arm..." Aeryn says, smirking, then goes on. "It's a rather big box. 2m by 50cm by 50cm and 45 kg approximately. Oh yeah, and we will have to carry it for a good part of the way."

Turning to Ms. Johnson, the elf adds: "...and I still think the one dot five do not fully cover the risk involved here." Explaining more bluntly what she had mentioned in a more subtle fashion earlier.
Saytr
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:31; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

Zion ignores the comment waiting till the meet is finished.
"ill have a feeling that one is going to have a bit of attitude"
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 1, 2070 20:32 Mall Office

Well that was a waste of energy.

Cynic let the illusion fade, not needing the drain on his energies. Already he was calculating the time it would take to summon and bind a couple of elementals so they'd be on stand by for the run. He'd need at least six hours and time to recover, so things needed to move along. He quickly sent out a text message to everyone logged into their private network.

<--ALL: How bout instead of insisting on more money up front we see about a combat bonus. Like 1,500 provided there is no shooting, but the moment the first one of us even get's shot at the price doubles or triples? The other question I'd like answered is; if we only get the money on delivery does that mean whomever we're giving this box to will have our money? What's to prevent that person from having a sec-team right there to geek us all and only be out the cost of bullets rather than 1,500 per person? If we have to come back here to pick up the nuyen how do we know Ms. Johnson will deliver? Too many unknowns with the 1,500 on delivery for me.

How bout she pays 1,000 up front to each of us and another 1,500 upon delivery, with the provision that she drops the credstick with a fixer who verifies the amounts for us and hold the sticks until we return. She pays the fixer's cut for acting as the escrow agent and we get someone with a vested interest in maintaining a street rep for being trustworthy to hold the sticks for us.
Syndicate_killer
Saturday March 1st 2070 20:32
Crime Mall backroom

"I'm of the people and I'm not sure I'm welcome" DJ says slouching in the chair but, sits up right to finish his statement "That's alot of work and risk for a short payout....unless'n' you figure the survivors will get through it square." DJ waits a moment "We aint saying we dont want the work just how about a figure that doesnt cut to heavy into your percentage and one we can live with?"

DJ waits for the words to sink in to ms. J .....Her opening, my counter...just like a high volume BTL deal, guess streets is streets no matter where you do the biz or the biz itself

DJ's fingers jerk as he texts in <On it Chummers, lets see what she comes up with and we can negotiate from there...its always a low ball price to start with>
Saytr
Saturday March 1, 2070 20:32 Mall Office

Zion reads the message then sends a reply.....@<"Cynic im no negotiator but more money always sounds nice. by the way nice to meet ya im pretty well chromed to take care of any surprises we might encounter.">
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:32; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

< [Aeryn] Good to know, Zion. >
Redjack
Though the argument was weak, there was something in the way he presented it.. a sincerity perhaps.. or a tone of honesty. Whatever it was it gave Ms Johnson pause in the negotiations to rethink her position. Had she low-balled the team? She did have a way they could each come out a little better in this deal.

"I do have a way that I can double the payout... I have the opportunity to bring out a container of equal size at the same rendezvous. I can have my contact meet you there with that. You bring that back into Seattle, here in the Puyallups, and I will pay you each 3,000 nuyen. How does that sound?"
Saytr
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:32; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

Zion surprised that a figure standing there one moment then vanishes into thin air the next knows that at least someone here knows how to manipulate illusions or there is a holo projector somewhere around here either way neat trick. In the same few moments the additional of 1.5k for carrying another package meant double the work for the same pay, Zion really needed to get a couple upgrades on his bioware though and every little bit counted.

Zion replied to the johnsons deal "I can agree to those terms as long as were all good on it"
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:33; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

Buzz sits stewing, getting increasing agitated as the negotiations continue. Finally, he stands up and says, "This is not even close to the payout I need. I have bills to pay to very nasty people and I gotta start much bigger than this."

He regains his composure, nods to the Johnson and strides out the door....

...and then there were four.

Ms Johnson turns back to the four that remain, "I'll contact Kilroy about getting a replacement team member once we have a deal."
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:34; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

"Alright, I'm in."
Syndicate_killer
DJ shrugs "A job there and one back, paid twice for the same round trip...yeah I think I can live with that."
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 1, 2070 20:34 Mall Office

Well, you don't see that everyday.

"I'll play, but understand that we keep all incidentals, anything we happen to pick up or find we keep to dispose of as we wish. If your contact isn't at the rendevous on time what do we do with the box?"
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:35; Mall Office (Room #2), Crime Mall

Ms Johnson replies, "Whatever... incidentals.. you pick up along the way are between you and their current or former owners to sort out. As long as that list does not include anything of mine, my agents or my associates nor does it interfere with the delivery of my packages, then pilfer till your heart's content.". She pauses a moment, "Contact not there? Wouldn't that be a mess?". She runs her fingers through her beard as she thinks for a few seconds, "Guess you'd better have a satellite phone to get a hold of me in that case... I am pretty confident that my contact will make it though" She leans into the table just slightly, "You however have a very small window to meet with my contact. You should be more concerned with how you will make that window."

She sits back in her chair and slides a chip case onto the table, "Included in there is the address to pick up the first case, the GPS coordinates and time for the drop off, the location to drop the second case and an LTG number to call if there are unforeseen issues. I would expect that you would be able to adapt to about every situation though so...." She lets her voice trail off as she looks around the room before starting again, "I have already transfered the expense money to Kilroy and I'm sure he will be contacting you with your replacement for the overpaid ork. Any other details you require?"
Saytr

ZION satisfied on the terms reaches for the datachip to download the info onto his COM then place it back onto the table for the others to use.

whilte looking at the data Zion thinks to himself"if we run into anything on the edge of Tir besides johnsons agent i dont think anyone is going to want do pick it up" a slight smirk runs accross his face while thinking about what they could run across on one simple run to the boarder while looking at the files on the datachip.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 1, 2070 20:35 Mall Office

Cynic nodded.

"Don't you worry bout us Ms. J. We'll be there on time."

The young mage looked around at the other runners, his fingers busy tapping out a quick message.

Okay, we'll need to arrange a place to meet prior to heading out, sooner rather than later in order to co-ordinate contingency plans. I'm a completely urbanized mage so no one ought to rely on me to work our way across the border but I'm willing to provide magical support if necessary. I need a few hours to pull up some elemental support though.
Syndicate_killer
<I've made a run or two into Tir to pick up [Deleted]...not the best guide but, i've been down that way> DJ taps out his reply.
Saytr

reads the text momentarily jotting down a quick response.<how about we meet up at one of the clubs on along 161 easy to find? i might know a place. Its public but will not attract unwanted attention.>
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:36; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

< [Aeryn] I'm usually doing smuggle runs across the Seattle border, but havn't been in the Tir yet. Guess my experience in the field will prove useful, nonetheless. >
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 1, 2070 20:36:45 Mall Office

Cynic scans the messages glowing softly in his vision, scrolling their way to oblivion, then adds another one of his own.

Someone name a place to meet then, I know Puyallup and could probably find us a place their if necessary. DJ what vehicle are we looking for? Truck, car, chopper? I'm going to pull up some elemental assistance and if we're going to be flying then at least I'll know what to call. If we're going via land transport then I'll have to think it over.
Saytr
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:35; Mall Office (backroom), Crime Mall
Zion;PAN=passive[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore( broadcasting

Zion looks to the Johnson "i have no further questions ma' am" he then tags his next message with his LTG number where he can be held to all the other runners in the room <LTG#-661-858-6659 you all can reach me at this number, i know a place called "Forbidden City" its located at 1402 E Main, Puyallup. I have some equipment i need to pick up as well as acquire if you guys want to meet up there it sounds like a nice place.> Zion nods to the johnson and starts out of the backroom.
Redjack
Ms Johnson nods to the team, stands up and says, "Great. I'll contact Kilroy. The room is yours for as long as you need it." She then heads out the door leaving the four of you to talk amongst yourselves.
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:37; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

"Thanks. You'll hear from us tomorrow."

< [Aeryn] How the heck should we get a copter and the necessary clearance to use it here? Land transport... of course. Some kind of van or pickup, which can handle the cargo. I can check with my contacts if something is available for a reasonable price. >
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 1, 2070 Mall Office

Cynic represses a snort.

<Aeryn> you talk like I know how hard it is to get a clearance for an aircraft to leave the plex. Hell, I've never ridden in any kind of vehicle that had a clearance to leave the plex. Every time I've gone over the wall it's been illegal, and two out of five have been in a helicopter, once in an LAV. I work the magic and figure the drivers decide which vehicle to use. I'll assume we won't be flying then. I thought I'd ask rather than assume.

The young mage downloaded the data from the datachip to his commlink and nodded at the Johnson.

"See ya then Ms. J."

He bobbed his head in the direction of the other runners and stood slowly.

<ALL> I'll beam ya'll my commcode, what time are we meeting? I have no clue how long it'll take to get out of the plex and across three national boarders, some of which aren't going to be too friendly. Don't we have to cross the Columbia to get into the Tir? Are we going to need a boat or something? I don't swim well, I'll say that up front, so no scuba nonsense unless one of you guys is planning on dragging me.

If we head southeast towards Hermiston on I-82 into Salish territory and cut across into the Tir down there we'll be able to cross the river at an internal checkpoint rather than busting a boarder but I have no idea how hard it is to get from Salish lands into the Tir. We should plan on leaving plenty early to deal with any problems but I don't want to be hanging out at the target site for too long. If you guys want I'll run a quick astral scout of the area too.

The former ganger tacked on his commcode to the last message so he'd be easy to reach.
Saytr
Zion;PAN=passive[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore( broadcasting )

Zion opens the door for the Ms. Johnson while on his way out, pausing for a moment slightly turning before heading out the door speaking to team "ill see you guys in about a hour and a half at the club?" waiting for a response from most the team before he continues out the door and toward his bike.
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:37; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

"Ok, see you!"

< [Aeryn] I wouldn't want test our luck too hard. Flying is obvious, crafts get tracked, especially near big cities, and if the craft isn't properly registered, at least temporarily, chances are good that someone will investigate further. Not exactly what we need. >
Saytr
Zion;PAN=passive[LTG] SIN=Gabe Moore( not broadcasting )

Zion starts to make a call to his transporter when he is able to get a decent signal and ask's about arranging for a few vehicle's and a boat for border crossings. he also asks his contact if they know any coyotes that could get them out of seattle heading south if vehicles aren't a option.
Redjack
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:38; Mall Office, Crime Mall
Satyr

As you exit the briefing room and return to the front room of the Mall Office your com link coms alive as it reconnects to the grid. After a few beeps The Transporter answers your call: <[T] Zion... Talk to me.>
Saytr
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:38; Mall Office, Crime Mall

<T hows life borther? i am looking to move something south and need a few vehicles including a boat, and i need it in like less then seven hours, if i cant get anything that quick know anyone willing to break some borders who has air transport, i was also wondering if you knew any coyotes that worked on the southern routes of the city that could extract me and a few others out of seattle and then back in a few hours later? if you can muster up the equipment and contact i can give you locations for a rendezvous .>

Zion then texts the team he left in the back room <@all im working on a few rides for us south and maybe a coyote to get us past some of the borders ill keep you all posted if i hear anything before we meet up at forbidden>
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:38; Mall Office (Back Room), Crime Mall

< [Aeryn] We'll just need a van, we will cross the border by foot. As for leaving Seattle, I know the routes here, so don't worry 'bout that. >

After sending the message, Aeryn calls up her map of the city region on AR and starts to think about some possible routes they could take. In the meantime, she gets out of the room and back to the bar area.
Cedric Rolfsson
Saturday March 1, 2070 20:38 Crime Mall

Cynic looked at the last message and wanted to shake his head.

Foot transport through the Tir wilderness? Oh frag me! The most green I've ever touched came out of a small plastic baggie and got rolled up and smoked promptly. I'm not sure I want to face the wilderness on foot, but if I am then I've got some stuff to pick up before I leave.

He headed back towards his where his bike was parked, moving with focused intensity now that he had a job and time was a factor. As he moved he placed a quick call to Viggo, and as usual got a message dump.

"Hoi, Viggo I need to get some basic gear, nothing restricted or anything but I may not have time to gather it all and was wondering if you could. Basic wilderness survival pack with a bunch of ration bars that won't make me puke. Tent, thermal blanket, survival knife that kinda drek, most of the stuff you'll have on hand I'm betting. Can you put it all together in the smallest backpack you can fit it in and call me with a price? Laterz guy."

He terminated the call and then figured he'd see if maybe Dutch had any info that might help him handle this gig. This time a quick email.

Dutch, hey chummer I wanted to pick your brain for a bit, if you've got a couple of minutes, mostly just background stuff that ought to be right up your alley. Give me a buzz when you've got a couple of minutes to talk.

With the process started he headed back to his doss and his summoning circle to whistle up some backup.
Saytr

Zion getting to his bike corrects himself after glimpsing at the message, <@ T actually brother if you could carry a team of five and 45 kg in the back on rough terrain that would be awesome, or a off road vehicle that did the same.>
Redjack
Saturday March 1, 2070 20:39; Mall Office; Crime Mall

Zion

<@Zion [T] Chummer, you must have mistaken me for someone who leaves the safety of the metro. You need transport around the metro, I can hook you up. Outside the metro is outside my zone. I know a coyote who works the border and could hook you up with introductions.... for a transport fee?>

Aeryn
Cynic and DJ are the only team members left in the room when you transmit the message, however when you cross the threshold into from the back room into the Office bar your com comes to life and you are in PAN range of Zion again.
Review of the map shows several possible border cross points into the Salishe that you are familiar with:
- The first requires crossing through Hell's Kitchen. The terrain is horrid, the air worse and the locals just plain mean. On the plus side, its security rating Z and border patrols are minimal.
- The second is crossing through Tarislar. Again security rating Z, but dealing with the LAÉSA is a situation all unto itself.
- You could always cross Puget Sound and take the long way around, though you are least familiar with.

Cynic
Into the bar proper and heading for the door, your messages fly off into the matrix as your com reconnects. The ork at the door is still there watching as your team makes their way through the bar for the door. His eyes hidden behind his mirrored shades, his MP-5 resting in his hands as he stands almost as a statue.

There is no immediate response to your messages, but you barely know Dutch and Viggo rarely answers your call directly.
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:40; Bar, Crime Mall
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

Realising, that Zion wouldn't have gotten her message, Aeryn forwards them to him, after leaving the room.

< [Aeryn] I've taken a look at the map and there are three routes I can offer you for now... two of them go right through the nicest parts of town, we'd need to keep our guns ready there, but border patrols are... unlikely; the third is probably easier, but also longer and I havn't been down there yet... could make a run by bike though, while we're waiting for the package. >
Saytr

Zion receiving Aeryn's message replies to T <sorry chummer thought you would be able to hook me up with a carrier is all, as for the coyote thats a no go i was just informed we already have that taken care of, thanks for the time though brother.> as Zion is talking to T he slots a 100 nuyen towards T for his time.

Zion then reads the message about Aeryn wanting him to recon while they wait for the meet to pick up the package he thinks about where the meet is<thats fine all we have to do is find a place on our way out of seattle to meet up that i can store my ride while we are gone which shouldnt be a problem, send me a plan of where the route goes and ill check out how doable it is. by the way its was a bust on me getting a truck or van from my contact, can you guys get something before the meet?>
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:41; Bar, Crime Mall
Aeryn; PAN = passive [LTG, Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Selina Seymore (not broadcast)

< [Aeryn] I'll see what I can do. >
Saytr
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:41

Zion starts his bike up letting the bike idol for a moment before taking off toward the fastest way to his house to pick up his vest and other weapons also pack up a few things for out doors like a coat and stalking cap. being march in seattle its still cold and wet.

what are we going to get to haul the cargo, i need to contact Kilroy and see if he can rent me a suitable transport.

Zion calls Aeryn<hello ma' am if you run into any hickups give me a call ill see what i can do. also could you send me a file with the route you would like to scout, i can run with you to make sure you dont run into any problems?>
Syndicate_killer
DJ exits the room and makes a point to smile at the waitress. Time to pick up some extra rounds for the pistol and do a tune up on the bike...just the small stuff like oil and seal checks...
Thanee
Saturday March 1st, 2070; 20:42; Bar, Crime Mall

< [Aeryn] Sure. Might be worth it to see what's along that route, and it will be safer that way. But let me first see, if I can get some wheels for our package, otherwise we have that to worry about still. >

< [Attachment] Seattle map sector with highlighted route. >

Aeryn then calls up Mike to ask if he has something suitable available she could rent for a day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012