Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In With the Family
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
fistandantilus4.0
It's free standing form the wall. It's full of shelves and looks like an emergency medical suppliy cabinet, as well as a place to store toilet paper.
Callidus
Seeing no Jack, Luigi stomps back into the kitchen and seeing no more exits he bellows out.

Jack, get youse arse out 'ere right now. If I have ta find ya, an' I will, it's not gonna be pretty on ya!

Perception around the sink area + Intimidation attempt

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Luigi's suprisingly acute eyes spot a drag pattern. It looks like the tall cabinet doors open, then the base board actally slides open, moving an entire 8 foot peice of the counter out.
Callidus
Grunting to himself Luigi pulls the doors to the cabinet open and then swings the section open and ducking and squeezing through the opened passage he heads on after the fleeing Jack

Why'd dey always gotta run? Don't dey know it just makes it 'arder on dem?

Rayo there's a hidden passage way in the kitchen, I'm leaving it open and chasing Jack. There's two more in the machine shop but they seemed nice and cowed when I left them so they should stay there, also weren't armed as far as I could see. I'll be back as soon as I can, I won't leave you, call if you start feeling worse I can get Jack later.
fistandantilus4.0
The "passage" is a small set of retracatable stairs. They can collapse in to the wall to make space. There is also a hyrdaulic lift ,apparently for lifiting and lowering heavy loads into the hole.

The space goes down for 8 feet, leaving just enough space for a 6' wide tunnel that runs for 15' back in to the center of the shop. There is apparently about a foot of concrete down on the floor, making the ceiling. It ends in what looks like a metal security door with a mag lock. Of course, it's closed. There's also a small slot at about human shoulder height, with what looks like the end of a LMG barrel sticking out.
Callidus
Ducking back out of the LMG's line of fire, Luigi looks around for anything that might help to protect him getting to the door. Eyes settling on the sink he walks over and systematically rips in out of its mounting.

Oh fer a smoke 'nade.... Wait.... Kitchen.... need smoke.... I wonder....

And starts to rout around the cupboards for some flour. Finally finding one he heads back to the edge of the tunnel withhis two prizes. Tearing a hole in the top of the bag of flour, enough to let it out as it flies he lobs the bag down the corridor towards the door, the flour pouring out creating a rudementry smoke screen and ready the sink in front of him like a shield he heads in.

Ripping Sink out and throwing rolls

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Luigi starts barreling down the hall. He waits for the impacts, which don't come.... at first. Once the sound of his feet comes charging up, the gun opens up.
Jack fires off first a short burst. Luigi sees the rounds tear through the cloud of flour, leaving a little trail behind each one.

Once he has a better idea of where Luigi's at, the gun really open up, firing full atuo direclty in to Luigi.

LMG base 6DV -1AP +9DV for full auto+5 net hits +1 for explosive rounds = 20 boxes of damage. I'll add 4 points of armor for the kitchen sink.
Callidus
Damage Resistance

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Luigi crashes in to the door as the rounds sem to slam in to him from everywhere at once . It feels like a hundred bees stinging everywhere. The sink is quickly torn to shreds.

Callidus
Crouching to get out of the line of fire of the LMG, Luigi balls some clothing around his hands and then reaches up to grab the barrel of the LMG and forcably pull it out of the hole, hopefully slamming the user into the door.

Dis is gonna 'urt but no ovver option now.

Rolls
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Luigi easily grabs the gun away, even smashing some of the parts aginst the door frame. He can fell the heat through the wrapped cloth, but it's only jsut been fired. It isn't too bad yet.
Deva
I'm fine, Lu, Just go get him!
Rayo hears the LMG singing while sitting on the floor, pistol in his lap.
Lu?! What the hell is that? You okey?
Rayo takes a peak into the kitchen, but decides better and stay in the hall. He tries to get up, balancing himself with his cyberarm against the wall, making lots of moaning, groaning and cursing on the way in english and spanish/atzlanish.
I'm coming Luigi.. I promised to look after your big fat ass. Gods it hurts!
Callidus
I'm fine, there's a shooting alley down that tunnel, ending in a metal security door and now an ex LMG. I've got to the door, and about to start on the door. You got a maglock sequencer or the like? Oh and don't come into the corridor, I don't know if he's out of guns but I'd guess not.

The message sent Luigi tries one last time to reason.... erm, persaude Jack to give up and come out.

Jack! Dis is der last chance. Open up and answer some questions an' we's be cool, make me come in der an' well let's just say, sealed room an' dis 'ere grenade, dey get on like der burning houses.

As he's saying this he digs a free hand into a pocket as though his getting hold of a grenade, while still holding the LMG barrel pointed away to a wall with the other and trying to keep that arm hidden from the firing slot.

'Ope dis 'ere bluff works, 'cos I don't tink I'm gonna be able ta bust dat door.

Rolls
[ Spoiler ]
Deva
Sorry, don't have any of those. Even if I had, they would most likely be in the car. Didn't have a clue things would go this way.
Rayo keeps waiting, moaning and cursing himself at the kitchen door.
I could go after one of those other punks and ask what's behind that metal door Luigi mentioned. But I can't outrun them and they might now be armed. There might even be more people coming here.. even NOPS. Oh drek..
We need to hurry, those others might have called NOPS or something even worse. Anyways we can't stay here for long, I'm going to get the van closer here, okey?
Callidus
Hearing of NOPS possibly showing soon, sends a couple of shivers down Luigi's spine and then he's back on the clock.

Right you are, I get started on opening this door then, take care

Intentions

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

Luigi -Roll reaction

Luigi rams the door with his shoulder as best he can in the confined area.
-2 for lack of room to manuever
He slams the door, putting a good sized dent in to it.
Deva
Intentions
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Rayo
Heading back out, he sees the two men still crouching by the machinery, absolutely terrified, but staying put. He also spots another man through the office window, the last one from the table. He's hiding behind a desk.
Deva
Rayo really doesn't care about them, points just them with his gun, shouths general curses to everyone and hopes that none of them will have a sudden hero complex.
fistandantilus4.0
No one tries to stop him as he runs out. He sees the relative safety of the van jsut a short... well long with blood loss... block away. Unsuprisginly ,no one is on the street. There weren't many before. No one's sticking around now that there's automatic gun fire.
Deva
When Rayo gets to the car, he climbs inside from passenger side door, lies down on his stomach to the seat as he doesn't want blood to them, jumps in VR and backs the van to the back door.
fistandantilus4.0
The van drives up to the back roll up door Luigi and Rayo had come in to the warehouse through. THankfully, being full VR blocks out some of the pain. It doesn't change the fact though that Rayo is bleeding, and has been for a few minutes now.

[ Spoiler ]
Callidus
Rolls

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
As Luigi rears back to slam the door again, the little port hole pops open. There's a quick succession of three incredibly loudly echoed BANGS as Jack fires a predator in to Luigi's mid drift. Then Luigi hears the disctinct *tink ta0tink-ta tink* of a pair of grenades hitting the ground.

Roll Dmg Resist Vs 3 shots from Ares Pred w/ Ex-Ex
Dmg 9DV -2 AP

made the reaction roll, what action do you take?
Callidus
Intentions and rolls

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]
Callidus
Desperate grab for the grenades

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Luigi grabs the first grenade chucking it back down the hall and in to the stiarwell/kitchen. His hand glances the second grenade , knocking it well away from him, before they both detonate.

Resist 8p from the second grenade only. Gren. type is high explosive

And roll against berserk
Callidus
Must go faster, must go faster

Rolls

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

The balst and shrapnel tear at Luigi, doing some dmage to hs clothes, but little else. The blast also does some damage to the door.
Callidus
Quickly tossing the first grenade down the corridor, he turns to hunting the second. A mental count ticking down in his head as he searches. Crap crap crap.... not much time Finding it he realises that there's no time for a throw and so bats it away from himself trying to get it behind some of the heavier rubble and then the world goes white and loud.

Thank Bear for his gifts

As the dust settles it sees Luigi concentrate for a moment and then slam the door again.

Oh right, now youse gonna get it youse lil' drekker!

Intentions

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
This time the door does give when Luigi hits it.

Looking inside, he sees a terrified Jack... behind what looks like an Ares Ultimax HMG on a tripod, pointed more or less in his direction. The room, maybe 10x 10 meters, is well stocked with a lot of guns and explosives. It looks like the LMG and HMG are the biggest guns. There's still plenty of grenades though.

Stray rounds in here could be a "very bad thing".
Callidus
Taking in the view quickly Luigi really doesn't like the options, but a long gun battle in here is not a good plan. So instead he just laughs at Jack

What you think dat toy's gonna do ta me? Why don't youse just give it up 'fore youse blows yerself up?

Intentions

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

Jck kind of simpers and shrinks back ,then gets smacked into a wall of AK-97s by Luigi. He drops to the ground unconcious.
Callidus
Rayo I's got him on my way out.

Carefully picking Jack up and carrying him out careful of any broken ribs Luigi heads back down the tunnel to the backroom and walks through the machine room.

I's got nuting against youse all, so gets outta 'ere 'fore da boss decides dat it'd be betta fer da Krewe ta whack ya'll, but if any o' youse talk or try ta get da NOPS on us we'll be seein' ya'll soon, da boss.... well he's not a nice person ta dose dat screw wid us.

Intentions

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

They cower appropriately. Luigi rushes out the back roll up door they came in through, finding the van already waiting there. As he tosses Jack in , he sees Rayo also lying in the back, bleeding heavily.
Callidus
Pulling doors shut, he crawls over to Rayo.

Oh crap man, youse shoulda said it got dis bad.... Hold on, I'll do what I's can.

Hooking up the medkit carefully to Rayo and hitting the "Idiot's Guide" button, he quickly registers his active comm to the medkit and seeing the AROs popping up showing what to do he tries to follow as best he can in patching up the stricken dwarf.

Dis is so much 'arder dan dose docs make it look

Intentions

[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Within a couple of minutes, he at least has the wound patched, and the massive slug out. The bleeding is stopped for now. He'll need medical attention to avoid any permanent damage, but he'll live.
Callidus
Rayo I've done the best I can so you're not bleeding anymore, probably the time to get going, unless you want to hang around and empty to weapons cache they got here, but NOPS could be on the way....
Deva
Rayo/Luigi

Ugh.. it's not a big deal. Just a little bullet. Careful with that..
Rayo waits as Luigi patches him and then jumps out of VR and crawls up.
Thanks.. big man.
Let's forget about weapons now, okey? More importantly, where do we take Jack? I really would like to go and see Doctor Tell now, but we can't bring him there, can we? First, let's just get going, longer we are here, the worst it will get.
Rayo climbs to the drivers seat, waits that Luigi gets Jack and him inside the van and gets going.
Oh man.. I need to buy myself a new jacket. I really liked this one..
Callidus
Anytime Rayo, well dats probably da smart ting ta do. We's can come back later an' see if it still 'ere or just forgets it. As fer askin' Jack 'ere some questions I's tink he's gonna be nappin' a fair while, tink I hit 'im a bit 'ard.
Deva
Do you think we need to take him to see doc as well? By the way, are you okey? You look like you'be been attacked by.. err.. let's just say you could need some new clothes. There's something almost.. saying hello down there.
Rayo puts the autopilot on, taking the destination for him commlink, under Dr. Tell.
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

The van pulls away, taking off quickly, and heading for safer parts of town.

Luigi does indeed need a new suit.
Callidus
He should be fine, mebbe a broken rib or two.... doc might be an idea ta check 'im out but I's wouldn't waste nuyen on 'im as he's probably not gonna see da sunrise....

Looking over his own appearence, and feeling the adrenaline draining away he can real feel the damage the two 9mm rounds did.

Ugh, yeah I'm fine, joker 'ere decided ta use a machine gun, a couple of grenades an' der kitchen sink ta not answer der questions so it's gotta be paydirt I tink. Just gimme a sec ta give dees scratches der once over an' I'll get some.... well less 'oley clothes on.

And giving the bullet wounds a quick check over with his medkit kit he then changes into his work out clothes again.

Man I hates puttin' on sweaty clothes, ah well it's dat or going naked and dat seems ta upset da halfer.

Rolls

[ Spoiler ]
Deva
Okey. Jack really didn't play his question game right. If he had, maybe we could have used him some other way and let to spare his life. But now, I really think he will have an award of free swim in a really big aquarium.. that's ocean, Luigi. So, I ask how long it does take for my doc to see me, we go see him, you keep eye on him, then we ask questions. OR we could call Lucky and make her ask questions, as it really doesn't matter right now. I just don't know what Lucky think of us right now. At least of me..
Rayo takes off his ski mask, really haven't had time before, and makes a quick message to Dr. Tell.
Sorry, doc, urgent call. Got shot in the back, but we took care of bleeding. Coming there, need appoitment ASAP.
fistandantilus4.0
I can squeeze you in. To make these matters more expediant in the future, do not get shot in the back. What size round?

Use the back entrance.
fistandantilus4.0
[ Spoiler ]

Callidus
Des tings 'appen Rayo, Ms. Santangelo will understand or she'll not get far in dis world. Bedder she learn it now, radder den later when not understandin' would 'urt 'er. Personnally I tink she'll understand an' be happy youse in one piece.

As fer askin' her to interrogate dis piece o' kibble.... well we's should at least offer her der chance for some fun, if not I's can do it.
Deva
I try doc, my backup failed this one. Think it was shotgun, or something similar.
Okey, Luigi, seems fair to me. Call Lucky and ask if she has some place for this piece of drek or if she wants to play with him. Just call him, I know she loves your accent. Girls are just crazy about it..
Rayo gives himself a dry hidden smile.
Callidus
Rayo/Luigi - In a moving van - 14:16

Hur hur hur, dat's someting ta remember and smiles towards the dwarf and then seeing their a safe distance from the warehouse, he powers up his legal comm and connecting it to its recharger he sends a quick text message to Lucky.

L it's Lu. Bumped into J. R feeling ill so taking him to a bed. Fancy a chat with J? Got a lot to catch up on, if not I'll let you know the news later on.

Hope she understands that. Well she's a smart lady, anyways can be sendin' obvious reports ov crimes over da comms
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012