Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Chasing the Prize
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Bastard
Hunter---
This group. I was thinking we probably worked with you once or twice before, know your name or have a similar contact to connect us for a big job that has come up. Just want to get everyone on the same page. Im ready to cash in on some bounty eh.
HMHVV Hunter
Yeah, you can write him into this group. My suggestion was that he's worked with several of you guys before on one or more bounties in which an Infected was the target, and that's how he knows you (or at least some of you).
Bastard
Right Hunter---got that much...just didnt want to write anything for you without permission.

Right now I got JT(me) and Gonzales(Krem) working together for the past five years.

Going to add in Bishop to the team--Eccs need some info and permission

I can add in Grave also

Johnson do you want me to add in Tiny...and how long back do we go?

Tanka got you as part of the team...how far back do we go? whats your characters name again (sorry I forgot). Hes the spirit killer right?

Sparky got Edana---

Anybody not want me to write them in?
toturi
Yeah, go ahead. Write Grave in for me. He's an adept with a G38 carbine most of the time.
BishopMcQ
Sparky--I never received a follow-up msg.
HeySparky
McQ -- Re-sent.
Bastard
Who is our face? Bishop?
Johnson
QUOTE (Bastard)
Johnson do you want me to add in Tiny...and how long back do we go?

Well Tiny can go back 3 Years on Expiditions or even Bounty Hunts of any kind.

Tiny is a Large Troll who specializes in HTH backed up with Pistols amd SMG.
Use Shock Gloves and Stun Batons, if the traget is really Kick A## then the Dual Spurs will work.

I have just one problem when it comes to understanding English command over comms. English is on 1 Chinese on 3. Bad for Comms, if the team has been aroundfor a while maybe Eniglish and Chinese should be swopped. To be approved by McQ.

The next issue I wil have for the Battle Tach. Now Skill there. I have Good Karma to By the Skill if need be.
I have a Set of Shades 6K That imployes LL and Thermo. Yea I know I am a Troll and have Thermo a given.
McQ. I lose the middle lifestyle add it to the 6K from the shades plus lose the pocket secratary I can get the 12K Battle Tacunit at R 6 as per Ess.

ECC Please send me the stats of the Battle Tac Unit. if McQ Agrees on the changes.
Bastard
Johnson---

Battletach info is in cannon companion page 53 along with applied skill small unit tactics pages105-106
Johnson
I have only got SR3, MITS and SRComp
BishopMcQ
JOhnson--Feel free to change your gear around. I don't think you need the skill unless you plan on throwing your own tactics around. I know Ecc has a high skill in that, but as has been stated above, it may be nice to have multiple people with the skill if the group breaks into smaller sections.
Bastard
It is ten minutes to 11:00 and it looks like everyone has already arrived at Bling Bling McShizzle's and ready to get down to business.  You recognize most of the faces from the business, but you have only worked with a few on a limited bases.  There are five others sitting at the long picnic like oak table.  Its large enough to fit a few more and is well equipped with chilled glasses, cold beer(real not that soy drek), and assorted appetizers.  The clean cut JT welcomes everyone with a warm smile and a full glass as each of them joins the party.  His german shepherd, Kane, is sitting by his side as always.  Now how is he always allowed to bring his damn dog into restaurants?  JT waits for everyone to get situated with their drinks and food before he addresses the group.

"First things first.  I know everyone here is used to working in small groups, or alone, but what we have planned will take a bit more.  While I don't have specifics right now, our colleagues Bishop and Gonzales are negotiating with an employer as we speak.  What I do know is that we will be well payed.  We wont be under contract per say, but we will definitely have steady work.

"Let me introduce everyone.  I think everyone knows me, maybe not directly, but through Gonzales or Bishop.

"Helios-the beers not gonna get away...you can slow down a bit.  Not only does he have a specialty for downing the devils juice, but also for taking down the infected.  Do you think you're up for it?

"In the paranormal animal hunting spectrum we have Charlie and Tiny-and of course with a name like that you'd have to be the biggest one in the room.  Charlie can track those critters down, but the real talent their is how he wields his trusty crowbar.  Good for stealin cars and killin prey.

"Grave, I have only worked with you once here in Seattle, but I've seen what you can do when you trained with us down in Sacramento back in '55.  Not to mention Bishop holds you in high regard.

"Edana, Gonzales has told me so much...yet you still intrigue me.  Of course hearing about your magical feats from a mudane may be misleading, but I have other sources.  We will definitely need you on the team.

"If anyone is not interested, you need to stop guzzling my beer.  Everyone else enjoy.  I will be in contact as soon as I get word from my counterparts."
Johnson
QUOTE (McQuillan)
JOhnson--Feel free to change your gear around. I don't think you need the skill unless you plan on throwing your own tactics around. I know Ecc has a high skill in that, but as has been stated above, it may be nice to have multiple people with the skill if the group breaks into smaller sections.

Thanks McQ

Ecc can you send me the stats on the Battle Tac.

I am changing Eng and Chinese stats around.
Tanka
Bastard: Charlie's the name, and he's the general leader-type with a smidgen of combat and general skills. He can kill spirits if they happen to materialize. However, that is not his specific area of expertise.
Bastard
Sorry Charlie, I didnt realize that paranormals weren't your specialty.  The only time we worked with you was that time we were hunting down that rougue sabertooth cat.  I've heard you're an adept, though you have always denied it.  The craziest thing I ever saw was when that sabertooth pounced on you, I thought you were a gonner.  Instead you punched that fragger in the face while she was still in midair.  I never seen an animal coldcocked like that!  Now that was impressive, and hopefully you can see where I was mislead.
HeySparky
McQ and others - I need a hand writing Herne. I don't have MitS (on order, will get it in a week or so - crossing my fingers) and I'm beginning to suspect that the Ally design rules are pretty different. At least assigning powers, anyway. Anyone help me out with Herne?
BishopMcQ
I can give you a hand.
Ecclesiastes
Bishop is all done and ready to go.

Oh wait, since everyone was provided with comms, I can buy one more BattleTac Reciever, which means I've got a reciever for everyone now. So don't worry about buying your own. Bishop will provide you with the gear (you get the idea that he is a take charge kinda guy like that).

However, if anyone can get the cybered version, that would rock, cause you'll get more benefits from my tactics.
HeySparky
Nice write up, Bastard. Did you want us to chime in with IC stuff? Is McShizzle's a Bounty Hunter analog to the 'Runner bars?

SCENE

A sub-street bar in Seattle. A dimly lit traditional bar gleams in the middle of a dark-paneled room. Patron's sit minding their beers and conversing, leered at by the heads of various para-critters stuffed and mounted on the walls. The front door swings open and a grizzled man with a crowbar saunters in and everyone looks up.

ALL (shouting): Charlie!

McQ - I need to know the costs of attributes, skills and powers for Ally spirits - specifically where the costs differ from SR2.
Tanka
Heh, nice going with the write-ups.

Well, now I have 6k to spend on miscellaneous stuff. That or let it drop to starting cash.

Though, with the write-ups, one of Charlie's contacts is Joe the Barkeep, of "Holy Fragglesnot!" Ork, not too charismatic, and likes to keep his glasses dirty. nyahnyah.gif
BishopMcQ
Ally Spirits:

Forms--First Materialized form is free, after that 1 karma per add'l.

Force--1st point comes from your sacrificed point of magic, each add'l pt is 5 karma time the current force (Force 3 would be 15 karma. 5x1 + 5x2)

Attributes--All start equal to Force. To raise them, Karma equal to the current rating.

Skills--Receives Sorcery equal to your at the time of conjuring. 1 karma per active skill, .5 karma per knowledge skill pt, limited by skills that you know and up to your rating in them.

Sense link--5 karma

Spells--As per usual.

Karma--You may donate from your Karma pool to it as much as you'd like.
HMHVV Hunter
"I'm always up for doing my duty," Helios says.
HeySparky
McQ - It's unlikely that I'm going to have the cash or karma to find out, but can spirits bond foci?
Bastard
Glad you like Tanka and Sparky--

Bling Bling McShizzles is kind of like a bar where you can order food...opposite of something like TGIFridays. Just needed a bar name, the only thing I had in particular for it was that is was a laid back kind of place, somewhere JT would go, since he is buying.

I was going to write more detail about everyone...but didnt get enough info, so I went with the IC introduction to get everyone in the same place, and so everyone can get a feel for each other. Again, I hope I didnt cross anyones character personalities, I tried to use what I had gathered. Just wanted us to get situated at a group---cause I red to go.

McQ---Are you cool with our meet? This would mean Mr Johnson or whoever is offering the job to Gonzales and Bishop, or at least setting up a later meet.

Oh yeah, how much do I owe for grub and beer?

HMHVV Hunter
Shouldn't an IC meeting be in an IC thread?
Tanka
QUOTE (HMHVV Hunter)
Shouldn't an IC meeting be in an IC thread?

More than likely.
HeySparky
We could keep the IC posts here to backstory... sorta like what Bastard posted.
HeySparky
QUOTE (McQuillan @ Sep 28 2004, 12:00 PM)
Ally Spirits:

Forms--First Materialized form is free, after that 1 karma per add'l.

Force--1st point comes from your sacrificed point of magic, each add'l pt is 5 karma time the current force (Force 3 would be 15 karma.  5x1 + 5x2)

Attributes--All start equal to Force.  To raise them, Karma equal to the current rating.

Skills--Receives Sorcery equal to your at the time of conjuring.  1 karma per active skill, .5 karma per knowledge skill pt, limited by skills that you know and up to your rating in them.

Sense link--5 karma

Spells--As per usual.

Karma--You may donate from your Karma pool to it as much as you'd like.

McQ -- You mentioned the magic power ability and a random spell - what is the cost for that?

EDIT: You mentioned this in a PM, rather. Not here.
Bastard
Hunter---do you see an IC thread? I didnt thats why I put it in the quote box.
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (ES_Sparky)
McQ - It's unlikely that I'm going to have the cash or karma to find out, but can spirits bond foci?

I don't think so.
BishopMcQ
Keep your IC conversation here as backstory. I will compile it up later and post it on the website that I am creating for the game.

Sparky--The Magic Power ability comes standard with your ally.
HeySparky
McQ -- Magic power, standard. Check.
toturi
Actually it is the Sorcery power that comes free as a ally spirit standard package.
HeySparky
What powers can an Ally spirit then use?

The Grimoire rules mention that there is no cost associated with these powers (some of these may no longer apply):

Inhabiting
Immunity to normal weapons
Manifestation
Sorcery
Telepathic link
Three dimensional movement

Sense link has a cost of 5 karma.

The rules look very similar - does MitS break anything down differently?

As for spells, can I spend starting spell points on spells for Herne?
toturi
I think Inhabiting only works for homoculus allies only. And Immunity comes free with Manifestation.
Bastard
McQ-
I sent my edges and flaws
BishopMcQ
Inhabit is if you create a homonculus for your ally. If the Ally has the standard astral forms with materialization it will gain the immunity to normal weapons when materialized.

Bastard--Got them. I'll let you know later.
HeySparky
McQ -- Apologies if I missed it, but what year are we starting in?
Bastard
BishopMcQ
It's going to be December 15th 2063 when we start.
Bastard
Sweet...I cant wait until Christmas!
HeySparky
Edana will have been 22 for a month!

Be sure to work into the backstory all the gifts you guys lavished upon her.
Bastard
JT will give her a gift
Kremlin KOA
McQ got the changes done, in the end all that had to be done was drop the spare f Commlinks to pa for the permits... where do I email the new version?
Johnson
Well I am all ready to run. Unless there are other changes to be made.
HeySparky
Okay - Edana's stats are done at last and she's ready to submit for final approval. Let me know if there's anything you want change McQ, or anything you take issue with or have questions about. I'm going to do a slimmed-down rewrite of her background to take into account the changes, but there won't be massive changes from a story perspective.

Edana is legit - she's got a few things that aren't legal, a high-power weapon focus and a high-Force spirit Ally.

Starting cash = 942 (6, 2, 1)

Speaking of her Ally - Herne's stats:

[ Spoiler ]

Aw... shucks, Bastard... you shouldn't have.
Kremlin KOA
Gonzales will probably host a night on the town, ending up at matchsticks, and give her a venetian starlight dress

Mcq subtract dress' cost from my cash and ad it to Edana's gear.
HeySparky
Wow - you guys don't fool around with birthdays! Of course, Gonzales does her more than the rest of you lot - should we work that up Kremlin?

And a postscript to previous message - thanks folks for chiming in with stuff to help me build my character. It's appreciated.
BishopMcQ
send final versions to mcquillan (at) san rr com
BishopMcQ
How much business do people wish to take care of? Will everyone be ready with finalized versions of their characters by Wednesday mid-morning PST?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012