Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Chasing the Prize
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
Bastard
Im going to Vegas from 28 feb to 2 mar biggrin.gif
Ecclesiastes
I'm here, just fighting a hefty flu at the moment. Trying not to get off the couch much.
HMHVV Hunter
I'm still here. Once the combat gets started, I'll probably be posting more.
HeySparky
Here. Pulled in many directions. But here for sure.

...must... catch... Ballefour...
Johnson
Tiny is still here.

Just to advise I will be on Leave from 18 to 29 March. Not sure on internet access at the location I will be.
Bastard
I didnt realize you were a China Troll...arent those expensive?
BishopMcQ
I will have a more complete bump when I get back to the states...until then...here you go.
Johnson
QUOTE (Bastard)
I didnt realize you were a China Troll...arent those expensive?

China Troll, expensive. I think I maybe missing something then, Just a normal Troll from China. I am not the SR Companion troll no.
BishopMcQ
Morning Folks--

It's Monday, that means more Karma! Let's see if we can get this thing going at a strong pace again. Let me know if there is anything you need from me.
Buddha72
Tracking Test again to get back on the trail

TN Unknown (Perception + Magic)
11 08 05 05 05 05 05 05 05 04 04 03 03 02 01 01 01

Stealth Complementary
09 07 01

Will karma if needed.
Ecclesiastes
Buddha: Does Tigger have a visable Datajack?
Buddha72
No datajacks, sorry. frown.gif
Johnson
JUst to remind everyone I will be away from the 18 March to the 30 March.. I am on leave.
HeySparky
I'm also out through the end of the week. See you guys soon.
BishopMcQ
So as I posted before going on vacation that I needed everyone who was still with us to let me know, and I gave an extra week since I've come back...here's my compiled list:

Living Strong:
Bastard--JT
Ecci--Bishop
HMHVV--Helios
Sparky--Edana
Johnson--Tiny
Toturi--Graves
Buddha--Tigger

Lost:
Tanka--Charlie
Kremlin--Gonzales

I need everyone to post an average of once a day during the week as was mentioned when I got this game started a few months back. I understand that people take vacations or go on leave so you are forgiven those absences as long as you post the dates in advance.

Otherwise, I claim full rights to use your characters as NPCs...
BishopMcQ
Buddha--Can you give me 2 more tracking checks please...
Bastard
all sixes twice, I saw him roll
Buddha72
Sorry for the delay.

22 16 14 11 04 04 03 03 03 03 02 02 01 01 01 01 01

Stealth Complementary
08 05 01

2nd Test

10 08 05 05 05 05 04 04 02 02 02 02 02 01 01 01 01

Stealth Complementary
05 03 02

Will karma if needed, let me know.
BishopMcQ
Buddha--You are able to follow the trail. It currently continues past the gate up the road and turns a corner beyond where normal senses can perceive it.
Johnson
This is starting to get interesting. Reminding every on once again the 18th March will be my last post. I will resume on the 29th March.
Bastard
Ooooo-This place is nice...and quiet...a bit...too quiet.
Bastard
Is there a good place to park the van, where it is hidden...I want to park there, facing back where we came of course..

Perception (to find trees, or something better smile.gif )

[Perceptive Edge]-7,5,4,2,1,1
Ecclesiastes
Stealth (+10 for Ruths) - 08 04 02 02

Perception (+tons of vision and hearing mods) - 11 05 03 02 02 02
Extra dice for Sound Filter 5 - 11 08 07 04 02

Small Unit Tactics/BattleTac Systems (+4 from TacComp) - 16 05 04 04 04 02 02 02 02 01
BishopMcQ
Ecc--Can you roll any security systems or design knowledge that you have

Bastard--The safest place to park is probably on the main autoroute, backed away from the private drive
BishopMcQ
And recon happens...

Everything that was sent over the comms in Bishop's section makes its way back to the team in the van. What's the plan?
Ecclesiastes
And in case you were wondering, McQ and I did all that over AIM to speed things up. And yeah, I'm a freaking IDIOT for going in without Astral Support...
BishopMcQ
Total time for his recon from the time he got out of the van to the call for support was about 90 minutes
Ecclesiastes
Toturi, did your communication go over comms for Bishop to hear?
toturi
Stealth: 2 3 9 3 2(5 4 13 1)

Perception: 2 2 3 7 7 2
Complementary: use the stealth roll above, ok?

Graves has a battletac comm unit, so I assumed that he did.
BishopMcQ
Sparky is out so I decided to push her actions along...

Force 6 Forest Spirit, 2 services. Tasked to protect her companion (Bishop) and help Herne in the fight to come.

Drain staged away.

Bastard--IIRC you're aspected right? no conjuring...
Bastard
You are correct.

Using the BattleTach, we know where all the guards and hell hounds are?
toturi
Graves will go prone as soon as he can make out Bishop. That is what the Perception Test is for: to Observe.
Ecclesiastes
QUOTE (Bastard @ Mar 12 2005, 02:29 AM)
You are correct.

Using the BattleTach, we know where all the guards and hell hounds are?

You do indeed. Seeing in that post that you have a Grenade Launcher, you *can* use the BattleTac to shoot as people you can't see (Indirect Fire rules). So if things get REAL bad, you wouldn't even need to come over the wall to lay down some cover fire.

Also, one thing to keep in mind guys... You were told by Bishop to drive two clicks away from the driveway, cause they have sensor packs mounted up there. Walking to the fight will take a while. smile.gif
Bastard
not for me...i will ride on kane!

two clicks aint that far, only take about 20 minutes
Ecclesiastes
Yeah, well, combat in Shadowrun tends to take like 6 seconds. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
And luckily this isn't a AAA neighborhood in Seattle with Lonestar responses measured in Initiative passes...the HTR team rolls up ten seconds after you mentioned the possibilty of committing a crime.
toturi
2 klicks? I'll alternate Run/Walk to avoid fatigue.

Making Athletics test to increase Quickness: 3 4 4 3 7 4
HeySparky
Hey - I'm back - sorry to have left without notice, but the car for the airport was announced while I was typing my leave notice elsethread. Haven't done any catch up yet... first order of business: Sort through a ka-jillion emails that accrued while I was out. Ugh. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Welcome back--I bumped you along with some summoning, I'm leaving it up to you on whether you want to grab a sword, project and hack through a pile of spirits
Johnson
Tiny is going to join any team that require a close combat support. Stealth is lakking in the Troll. So I can support the Mages if they have to go astral.
toturi
I selected the mages because they can provide astral support. If we need anymore firepower, we are seriously blown. We need to get out and regroup.
BishopMcQ
I'll give Sparky until Tuesday midmorning PST before I push on.

I'm presuming for ease of game play that everyone got armored up except for the finishing touches during the hour that you were waiting on recon.

What is everyone else's plan? I know the obvious, run through the woods and attack the facility if Bishop can't escape, but how are people planning on getting over the stone wall? You can either climb/jump it, wait until you get to the gate and try that, or since you are 2 km back you can jump over the wooden fence which is much lower and run the last km into the site on the inside of the resort.

Ecc--Can I get an initiative roll please.
BishopMcQ
**Poof** Super cheesy map, not drawn to scale...but should give a graphical representation.

here

The purple path is Bishop's trek around the Sang Real. The little black rectangle at the bottom is your van. Black Wall, is the stonework and the driveway. Blue angled pieces are the shorter wooden fences. Boxes inside (At the top) are the main chateau and outlying buildings.

Don't diss my 5 minute artwork...I never said I had talent...
Johnson
Tiny is going to offer support to any mages who are in need of some back up defense.
toturi
Why must it be the only person with Small Unit Tactics on our team that gets a bad case of the stupids? Now we can't even mount a more effective ambush to cut off pursuit, even if we wanted to.

The way I see it, we've lost the element of surprise. I doubt we have the firepower needed to overcome the chateau security through brute force and if we force the issue now, we are going to get our characters killed.

Anyone disagree? We might be going up against a heightened security now that our friend has gone and blown it. But it is a hell lot better than the situation now.
Buddha72
Ok, I am completely lost. Not hard right now to do but there it is. Can the GM please review what the hell is going on? Who is at the van, who is running in as back up, etc. I think that would help me at least.
Ecclesiastes
Sorry for the delay, yesterday killed me.

Init = 23
Bastard
I think we divide into two or three groups...two groups keep the guards occupied, while the third (our most stealthy characters) get in and find whats-his-nuts ASAP.
BishopMcQ
My understanding is as follows:

Inside--Bishop

Astral--Herne, Edana, Forest Spirit

Running Cross country--Helios, Graves, JT, Kane

At the Van--Edana's Body, Tigger, Tiny, Charlie and Gonzales

----------------------------
Sparky PM'd me to say she would be posting this afternoon for the astral section.
Ecclesiastes
I know that I was at +6 TN, what am I at now? Let me know when I can make my action.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012