Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: A Short Victorius War
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Shadow
This is the OOC thread for A Short Victorius War...

IC

Character - Players

Shadowrunner 13 - Tenmou
Cedric Rolfsson - Erebus

The IC thread will be opened shortly.
Shadowrunner13
(lost my original post to the digital void...)

Hey Shadow,

What do you require from me for this and how soon do you need it?

SR13
WinterRat1
Just a friendly reminder to use the time/date/location stamps as a header for all posts so Sedna can easily put the posts in their correct order when she webs them. If you have forgotten in any of your posts, please go back edit for her. Thanks!
Shadow
So it looks like Erebus is joining us, excellent. I will wait to post till he gets caught up to Tenmou.

Play nice boys.
banditf50
Yep he is. I'd like to take this oppurtunity to thank both you and SR13 for helping to make the synching of timelines possible. I know that SR13 was inconvienced by having to slow down his playing so that Cedric and I could get Erebus onto a similar timeline. Now I think we are going to see some excellent RPing as a reward though. Game on gentleman!
banditf50
Shadow: A quick question. In the original job specs quoted to Tenmou, and then to Erebus, the job was supposed to start at 21:00. Is the job starting at 20:00 now, consistant with Tenmou's arrivial?

Perhaps I am confused and the time of actual delivery is supposed to be 21:00? Could you clear this up for both Cedric and I? Thank you very much.

Shadow
Probably a desparity caused by me. I have a bad memory for details. We will go with 20:00 hours.
banditf50
Thank you Shadow.

Cedric: Can you run with this accordingly?
Cedric Rolfsson
Yup, I've posted my arrival within seconds of SR13 arriving at the door. I cleared the area for approx. 2 minutes to give Tenmou time to clear the doorway without me crowding him and will approach the door directly at 20:01:00 approx.

I also wrote in additional space for Tenmou to notice my arrival and have PM SR13 with a generic description of Erebus so he can write in my character's arrival.

Perception test for scanning for persons watching:

01, 03, 03, 05, 05
Shadowrunner13
Sorry for my lack of posting gents... my home computer went up in smoke and I'm limited to posting from the office for a while.

I'll try my best to keep up.

SR13
Cedric Rolfsson
Shadow or Bandit, for future (near future) use, how common are weapons detectors? Some sort of explosive detection equipment?

I know nothing of this sort of thing so I don't know if they make those security wands that detect explosives or if I need to set up some sort of X-ray machine etc.

It occurs to me that I am going to want to scan the package before taking it to wherever I'm supposed to deliver it, and I want to know if something like that could be picked up at the Radio Shack or if I'd have to special order it and wait. (Erebus slaps himself in the forehead, hard, for not thinking of this prior to getting to the meeting site. Why on God's green earth didn't I question the need to hire TWO security types to deliver a simple package when the job was offered? Erebus mentally pokes at the huddled mass of paranoia inside his head "Where were you when I needed you?")

I'm planning on writing in Erebus' sudden thought that he might be the delivery boy for a bomb rather than a simple love note once I get a look at the package etc. But I thought I'd lay the ground work now to determine whether or not Erebus is would have ready access to a solution or if he's going to have to consult with Tenmou on how to check etc.
Cedric Rolfsson
ACK! In looking at a more detailed street map of Auburn instead of 320 SW i was looking at 304 SE street. Would it be okay to edit the posts to reflect that? Or is it important enough to worry about? If I'm getting too detail obsessed please let me know.

I'm working off of Goggle Maps mapping function to get street names etc. Sorry about the earlier error.
Shadow
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson)
ACK! In looking at a more detailed street map of Auburn instead of 320 SW i was looking at 304 SE street. Would it be okay to edit the posts to reflect that? Or is it important enough to worry about? If I'm getting too detail obsessed please let me know.

I'm working off of Goggle Maps mapping function to get street names etc. Sorry about the earlier error.

Don't worry about it Cedrick. I tend to go abstract on things. Like "north Auburn" or "South Auburn" if a map is required I will provide it.

On Weapons detectors...

I would think a hand held metal detector or MAD scanner would be readily availible through a fixer. To buy them legaly you may need some kind of permit or biz license.

However, since you have just seen the package you are deliveing, I think it is safe to say you wont need one.
Cedric Rolfsson
Etiquette roll for Erebus;

03, 04, 04, 04, 09

I took the liberty of describing the florist and florist shop, if I missed points please let me know and i'll edit.
Shadow
I would prefer you didn't describe things unless I give you the details. If you would like more detail please ask.
Shadow
Initiative please smile.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
Initiative for Erebus: 26
Cedric Rolfsson
Shadow, details please.

Are the three Chinese persons Trolls, Orks, Humans, etc?

Any obvious cyberware?

Please describe their jackets and clothing, does it look like it is armored gang clothing etc?

Do any of them appear to be carrying handguns?

How far into the room are they, how far away from Erebus are they?

Are any of them wearing fetishes or obvious signs of arcana? (fetishes, wands, glowing orichalcum pendants etc.)

Perception roll against concealed weapons and armor;

03, 04, 04, 05, 05
Shadow
Are the three Chinese persons Trolls, Orks, Humans, etc?

> Human. I tend to say Men to mean human. If they were orcs or trolls or mixed I would say (for future ref).

Any obvious cyberware?

> No

Please describe their jackets and clothing, does it look like it is armored gang clothing etc?

> Black leather Jackets with stylized red eastern dragons on the arms. Red Bandanas.

Do any of them appear to be carrying handguns?

> None that you can see.

How far into the room are they, how far away from Erebus are they?

> They just walked into the room, standing right by the door. The room is about 6 meters in any direction so they are no further away than that.

Are any of them wearing fetishes or obvious signs of arcana? (fetishes, wands, glowing orichalcum pendants etc.)

> Not that you can tell.

Perception roll against concealed weapons and armor;

03, 04, 04, 05, 05

> This requires an action, is that what you want to use your first round for?
Cedric Rolfsson
No, I'll save my first action, I thought I would be able to do that prior to initiating combat.

No, my first action is to ready my Predator III. Can I say "Hold it!" once I have my gun drawn?

I'm not going to shoot right off, but I want to draw the gun just in case. I believe that getting the gun out is a simple action, the statement is a free action, and if memory serves that would leave me with one additional simple action, I don't want to shoot to start things off so I'll just hold that action.

That should take care of my first initiative pass. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't had to go through combat in so long I'm not sure if I remember all of the rules for it anymore. I'm going to brush up when I get home tonight.
Shadowrunner13
Initiative roll = 15

Tenmou will remove the duffle bag from his shoulder. He's going to hold the bag in his left hand while drawing his katana with his right.

He will allow the gangers to see this ornately decorated blade and say, "You may wish to rethink your current course of action..."

If that doesn't count as an action in combat, then I will hold my action.

If the gangers get things going before Tenmou acts, anyone threatening him or the shop owner will be attacked. He will throw his duffle bag high, towards the ganger's head and attack low, using Karate (try and avoid making a bloody mess, if I can).

I hope that covers my bases... smile.gif
WinterRat1
SR 13- It would, except that all your bases are belong to us!!!

Sorry Shadow, I just couldn't resist that one. biggrin.gif

Sedna
I may have to ambush your characters again very soon for that one, WinterRat.
Shadow
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
SR 13- It would, except that all your bases are belong to us!!!

Sorry Shadow, I just couldn't resist that one. biggrin.gif

Whats that from? My wife says it all the time but neither of us can remember where we heard it.

I'll post IC soon with the resolution.

@ Winter feel free to interupt anytime.
Sedna
ESL marginal mistranslation from a Japanese videogame.
Shadowrunner13
The game was called Zero Wing and it is truly, truly horrid.

SR13
Shadow
Hey guys I started a new Job today so my posts for the next few days are going to be light. Will catch up when I can.
banditf50
I know that I should not be cluttering up this OOC with conversation, but I think congrats are in order. Good luck with your new job Shadow! Congratulations smile.gif
Shadowrunner13
I'm patient... smile.gif

No worries, Shadow. Best of luck.

SR13
Shadow
QUOTE (banditf50)
I know that I should not be cluttering up this OOC with conversation, but I think congrats are in order. Good luck with your new job Shadow! Congratulations smile.gif

Thanks its a great job. Posting shortly!
Shadow
I need some attack rolls.
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, I'm going to start shooting the guys with the guns. Please remember that I have four rounds of gel ammo in the predator before going to regular ammo. Each shot is a simple action correct? So I get two shots I believe.

Pistol roll for first shot, (6 Pistol + 1 enhanced articulation +1 combat pool die)

02, 04, 05, 05, 05, 09, 10, 11

Second pistol shot (Pistol 6, EA +1, +1 CP as above)

01, 01, 03, 03, 04, 04, 05, 10

If I don't get two shots per combat phase then just use my second roll for the next attack.

Cedric Rolfsson
Also, Shadow, fyi Erebus is right handed. In your last post he was grabbing his Predator with his left hand. The Predator is in a vertical shoulder holster under his left arm.
Cedric Rolfsson
double post, sorry.
Shadowrunner13
Tenmou is going for the guy in charge of this little shakedown, aiming to disable and restrain, only killing if necessary.

He's going to close the gap and inflict an injury to the guy's leg to try and get him to an inferior position.

Attack roll (5 Edged Weapons + 1 Enhanced Articulation + 1 Combat Pool)
10, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Shadow
Thanks for you patience guys I will try and get back on track today.
Shadow
Ok Erebus needs to ressist (or dodge) a 9S (3 successes to dodge) And then give me your actions for the next round.
Shadowrunner13
If Tenmou has managed to bring the captain of this little raid to a better position for "negotiation", he will restrain him with his sword at the ganger's throat. He will try to convince him that it is in their best interests to back off and allow them to conclude their transaction.
Cedric Rolfsson
Dodge:
(Quickness 8 +1 Enhanced Articulation +3 Combat Pool)

01, 01, 01, 02, 03, 03, 03, 05, 08, 09, 10, 11

Okay, this means I have to resist damage, I use my ballistic armor to resist right?
Shadow
Actually you dodged so you are free from harm.

I need intended actions for next round please.
Shadow
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson)
Dodge:
(Quickness 8 +1 Enhanced Articulation +3 Combat Pool)

Hey Cedric it was brought to my attention that you only can use Combat pool to dodge, not quickness or other mods.

For the purposes of keeping the gmae going we are going to forgive this litle booboo but in the future dodge tests are with Combat Pool only smile.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
I'm going to continue to shoot the idiot who shot at me. I have two more gel rounds then I go to regular ammo.

Pistols +1 enhanced articulation

02, 03, 04, 05, 05, 05, 10

second shot

01, 02, 02, 03, 03, 03, 04
Shadowrunner13
See my previous post for my next action.

SR13
Shadow
Got it, will try to update to day.
Cedric Rolfsson
Shadow can I post a verbal response to the gang leader's statement? Does this mean we're not working in combat phases?
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, it looks like the combat is over so I'd like to ask a couple of questions. Why did we all move the same number of times and basically at the same time in combat? My initiative was 26 and Tenmou's was 15 and yet we all took the same number of actions. I thought that I should take my first action(2 simple actions- Fire Gun), then my second(2 simple actions- Fire Gun), then Temou directly after that( 2 simple actions - throw bag and Edged Weapons), then anyone else with an intiative higher than 10, etc. It didn't seem to work that way, since my first two shots occured at the same time as Tenmou's attack, when I should have already fired off my fourth shot before Tenmou acted.

God knows I'm not as up on the rules as I should be and I haven't actually rpg'd a Shadowrun combat cycle in probably 10 years. so if I've got this wrong someone please let me know.
banditf50
I think that I can jump in and start clearing up this confusion:

Cedric: In SR3 rules each participant rolling iniative in a combat sequence is guranteed to act once before any characters with multiple actions begin to take an extra action. This means that even if you had rolled a 30 and SR13 had rolled a 1, you would get one action on phase 30, he'd get his one action, and then you'd get all your extra actions. This was done to balance the game out and correct for characters that are "speed freaks"

hehehe. .. even the slow mage get's to take one action. It makes it that much more important to geek him first.

I hope this helps. . .grendel can proably jump in with the most detailed explanation.
Shadow
No problem, it goes in phases.

Phase 1
Erebus 26
Tenmou 15
Gangers 8-10

Phase 2
Erebus 16
Tenmou 5
No gangers

Old school was that it all happened in one turn and that you would have gone twice before Tenmou got to go. In 3ed it works out a little better for the guys who don't have Wired 3.

I described the results of your actions first then Tenmou's as a way to illustrate that, but for all intents and purposes you did go at the same time.

If any of the GM's from LitS catch this and think I am in error, please pipe in, cause I very well maybe smile.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
Frag it, that's what I was afraid of. It lets you know which edition I grew up playing (as he thumbs through his first edition Grimore).

I should have read the rules better before I designed my character, I spent all that money on cyber to make him lightning fast and its not nearly the advantage I expected. So now it doesn't matter if you're 10 initiative points faster than the next guy, you go in the same round to start with and then get extra actions at the end of the phase after the other's run out of actions correct?
banditf50
You are correct Cedric. However being fast still has a lot of advantages in SR3, if you have any doubts go back and read the scence describing th emissle attack in front of the Puyallup street clinic. The only thing that saved the arses of everyone present was the fact that Dragon was capable of taking so many actions smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012