Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Storm Front is out!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Mar 18 2013, 02:56 PM) *
When I talk about a GM book I was thinking of something that would help GMs structure/flesh out runs, on the go matrix networks or security setups, maps for common locations, goons and prime runners, reward guidelines, inspiration for runs, themes, overarching goals, tips&tricks and of course a run or two to start you out.

Well they have that stuff. But it's spread over 10 books. Alot of it is in either the Runner's Toolbox or this upcoming starter set.

I know your answer will be "Well I want it all in one book for ease of use"

To where business people go "That's nice but we'd REALLY rather sell you 10 books than one".

You can't blame them for wanting to make money. It's how they feed their kids and fund their own toys. Having it in 10 books means we get that much more of each thing you listed. Instead of each thing you listed getting 1/10th of a book.
binarywraith
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Mar 18 2013, 02:03 PM) *
Well they have that stuff. But it's spread over 10 books. Alot of it is in either the Runner's Toolbox or this upcoming starter set.

I know your answer will be "Well I want it all in one book for ease of use"

To where business people go "That's nice but we'd REALLY rather sell you 10 books than one".

You can't blame them for wanting to make money. It's how they feed their kids and fund their own toys. Having it in 10 books means we get that much more of each thing you listed. Instead of each thing you listed getting 1/10th of a book.

Yeah, except instead of giving us that, we get sunny seaside cottages in Bogota. rotfl.gif
hermit
Full of dragon hordes.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Mar 18 2013, 03:11 PM) *
Yeah, except instead of giving us that, we get sunny seaside cottages in Bogota. rotfl.gif

Actually I refuted that. the (Storm Front) book had no mention of ports in Bogata.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 18 2013, 03:18 PM) *
Full of dragon hordes.

Well to be fair, there were at least two dragon hordes there. *Grins* Al's horde and Lo's Horde. They scrapped.
Lionhearted
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Mar 18 2013, 09:03 PM) *

As much I disown them atm, it works for WotC nyahnyah.gif
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Lionhearted @ Mar 18 2013, 03:53 PM) *
As much I disown them atm, it works for WotC nyahnyah.gif

Yeah but WoTC Makes you buy 3 core books instead of one. I prefer one nice thick one. smile.gif $50 instead of $90 to $100+
Bigity
Looking at all the small PDF books CGL is putting out lately, seems to work for them as well.
lokii
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Mar 18 2013, 10:11 PM) *
Wait, till you get a load of the upcoming global warming plotline. "Bogota 2078 - Terror on the Shores" is all I'm saying ... and, we are back to drowning North America.

QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 18 2013, 10:18 PM) *
Full of dragon hordes.
I wonder what size dragon beach towels come in?
Bigity
The real question is how many windlings would it take to steal a dragon beach towel to make a sail for an airship.
lokii
QUOTE (Bigity @ Mar 18 2013, 11:04 PM) *
Looking at all the small PDF books CGL is putting out lately, seems to work for them as well.
But it has gotten to a point where some kind of guide would be really nice to have. I don't even have a good sense of how much is out there.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (lokii @ Mar 18 2013, 04:10 PM) *
But it has gotten to a point where some kind of guide would be really nice to have. I don't even have a good sense of how much is out there.

Well we're getting a new edition, and the book in this thread, Storm Front is a big meta plot wrap up sort of book. If you read Storm Front, many of the big plots are either wrapped up or at least summarized and ready for 5th edition.

It's a good time in Shadowrun. alien.gif
Bigity
Potentially.
lokii
QUOTE (Bigity @ Mar 18 2013, 11:09 PM) *
The real question is how many windlings would it take to steal a dragon beach towel to make a sail for an airship.
It would be really easy for me to calculate this, if I only knew how many angels can fit on the head of a pin.

QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Mar 18 2013, 11:11 PM) *
Well we're getting a new edition, and the book in this thread, Storm Front is a big meta plot wrap up sort of book. If you read Storm Front, many of the big plots are either wrapped up or at least summarized and ready for 5th edition.
I was more thinking of an overview that clusters and orders all the ebooks rather than a summarised version of their content. I think the wikis will eventually provide this kind of information.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (lokii @ Mar 18 2013, 04:25 PM) *
It would be really easy for me to calculate this, if I only knew how many angels can fit on the head of a pin.

I was more thinking of an overview that clusters and orders all the ebooks rather than a summarised version of their content. I think the wikis will eventually provide this kind of information.

There was a post on this the other day. Someone has them clustered and ordered. I saved it as a word file. if you need it I can kick it your way. Just pm me an email address.
hermit
I wonder what size dragon beach towels come in?

I wonder if Alamaise forgot where his towel was!

I hope the Pegasi make good on their promise to publish all the PDFs they translated in one big book. I like books.
CanRay
Hestaby is in such dire straight she doesn't even have a towel any longer... frown.gif
bannockburn
Did you mean: Tower? wink.gif
hermit
At least, as a dragon, she is used to walking around naked all the time. I wonder if wearing flowers in her hair (on her horns) is forbidden now?
tasti man LH
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Mar 18 2013, 03:09 PM) *
Did you mean: Tower? wink.gif

...have you ever heard of a chap that goes by the name of Douglas Adams...?
NeoJudas
QUOTE (Ixal @ Mar 18 2013, 08:16 PM) *
I wouldn't opposed to a new Threats book in 5E to summarize all the ongoing plots and secret societies.

This would be a good idea to me, especially if it updated th two Threats books *and* Conspiracy Theories.
lokii
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 19 2013, 12:08 AM) *
Hestaby is in such dire straight she doesn't even have a towel any longer... frown.gif
Whereas Lofwyr's is probably the infamous "offending German towel", bane of the holiday resorts of southern Europe.
hermit
QUOTE (tasti man LH @ Mar 18 2013, 11:14 PM) *
...have you ever heard of a chap that goes by the name of Douglas Adams...?

I think he war referrring to a certain P.R. Oofreading. Heared of him? don't worry, nobody at CGL has, either.

Whereas Lofwyr's is probably the infamous "offending German towel", bane of the holiday resorts of southern Europe.

He'll literally bite your head off if you take his sacred deck chair. Hm. Does it have the corp logo, or is it plain golden?
tasti man LH
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 18 2013, 02:38 PM) *
I think he war referrring to a certain P.R. Oofreading. Heared of him? don't worry, nobody at CGL has, either.

...and I was going to start making quips on not Panicking, depressing robots, and the nature of insanity from a man that lives in an inside-out house.

Killjoy.... sarcastic.gif
bannockburn
Sorry, back to towels now, please smile.gif
Yes, I've heard of him.

In other news: Hestaby making a hippie pilgrimage to Frisco and couchsurfing would be awesome ^^
hermit
And then she ends up at YOUR DOOR. And asks to sleep at your doss for the night.

Do you dare say no? Do you dare say YES?!
bannockburn
I hear she's hot. </deadpan>
hermit
Or maybe, this:

She was a dragon, and good at her job. But she committed the ultimate sin--and testified against other dragons gone bad. Dragons that tried to kill her, but got the mountain she loved instead. Framed for reasons, now she prowls the badlands...an outlaw hunting outlaws...a bounty hunter...a RENEGADE.
bannockburn
So, based on this, Perianwyr is going A-Team on us? wink.gif
Ixal
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Mar 18 2013, 11:46 PM) *
Sorry, back to towels now, please smile.gif
Yes, I've heard of him.

In other news: Hestaby making a hippie pilgrimage to Frisco and couchsurfing would be awesome ^^

Must be a very large couch.
hermit
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Mar 18 2013, 11:52 PM) *
So, based on this, Perianwyr is going A-Team on us? wink.gif

The P-Team!

QUOTE (Ixal @ Mar 18 2013, 11:54 PM) *
Must be a very large couch.

It's not like she can afford to be choosy. Unfortunatly, so can you.
Sengir
QUOTE (Grinder @ Mar 18 2013, 04:19 PM) *
Unification of the splintered german states under the rule of a single, powerful figure to end the sillyness that is the current AGS.

"Surprise, we are happily reunited" would certainly be no less silly wink.gif
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 18 2013, 06:08 PM) *

She can have my towel. I've always had a thing for redheads. love.gif love.gif love.gif
tasti man LH
....redheads that could eat your face off (and then some) if they wanted to?

I dunno man. You'd be playing with fire there (and quite literally).
hermit
QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 18 2013, 11:55 PM) *
"Surprise, we are happily reunited" would certainly be no less silly wink.gif

Well, I'd recommend a more gradual improvement, using the Allianzverschwörung plot to re-balance the AGS. The current microverse is more over the top than is good for the setting, grinder's right about that.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (tasti man LH @ Mar 18 2013, 07:02 PM) *
....redheads that could eat your face off (and then some) if they wanted to?

I dunno man. You'd be playing with fire there (and quite literally).

You just described my wife!! Loooooove the red heads. The more fire the better. biggrin.gif
Umidori
"In 2072, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a draconic court for a crime they didn't commit. These dragons promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the corporate council, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The D-Team."

Starring

Celedyr as - John "Hannibal" Smith
Perianwyr as - Templeton 'Faceman' Peck
Eliohann as - 'Howling Mad' Murdock
And Scarsnout as - B. A. Baracus

~Umi
Angelone
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 18 2013, 05:51 PM) *
She was a dragon, and good at her job. But she committed the ultimate sin--and testified against other dragons gone bad. Dragons that tried to kill her, but got the mountain she loved instead. Framed for reasons, now she prowls the badlands...an outlaw hunting outlaws...a bounty hunter...a RENEGADE.

love.gif I'd forgotten about that show. rotfl.gif Nice.

I would like to see more European stuff, the Berlin sourcebook for example.
Faelan
You would think that with all the time and effort Lofwyr spends in maintaining his business, that a certain brother who has been living and dreaming about revenge for five or so millennia might have caught up to him in the physical and magical ass kicking department, oops sorry I forgot Lofwyr's real name is Stu.
Pepsi Jedi
Well in the grand scheme of things, Lo's not been spending all that much time on business. Only a few short decades. In great dragon time, that's like takin' a wizz.
CanRay
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Mar 18 2013, 06:00 PM) *
She can have my towel. I've always had a thing for redheads. love.gif love.gif love.gif
Actually, as she's the Orange Queen, wouldn't that make her a Ginger?
Patrick Goodman
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 18 2013, 04:38 PM) *

I'll try not to take that personally.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 18 2013, 10:04 PM) *
Actually, as she's the Orange Queen, wouldn't that make her a Ginger?

Six of one, half a dozen of another. The pic in Street Supplimental has her hair being dark. smile.gif

"Ginger" is just "Brittish" for redhead anyway.
Pepsi Jedi
Finished the Lightning In Denver chapter. A few thoughts/ Questions.

Yeah still going to put this under a spoiler tag for respect.

[ Spoiler ]
RHat
[ Spoiler ]
tasti man LH
Puck got a write up (and statted) in Street Legends, in case if you were wondering.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (tasti man LH @ Mar 19 2013, 12:34 AM) *
Puck got a write up (and statted) in Street Legends, in case if you were wondering.

Yeah I took a glance after it was pointed out. I just never needed to read his stats and stuff before. I remember in Emergence he spoke about Technomancers as if they were way different from the others, and didn't indicate at that time, that he was one.

But thanks. smile.gif
binarywraith
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Mar 18 2013, 03:30 PM) *
Actually I refuted that. the (Storm Front) book had no mention of ports in Bogata.

It was a comment on the level of 'quality control' and 'proof reading' CGL has put into their releases in the recent past. A tradition that clearly continues in this book.
tasti man LH
...so there ISN'T actually any supposed ports mentioned in SR-Bogota...?
RHat
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Mar 18 2013, 09:45 PM) *
Yeah I took a glance after it was pointed out. I just never needed to read his stats and stuff before. I remember in Emergence he spoke about Technomancers as if they were way different from the others, and didn't indicate at that time, that he was one.

But thanks. smile.gif

One theory is that he hadn't Emerged at that time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012