Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Storm Front is out!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Ixal @ Feb 25 2013, 06:44 PM) *
Good question. The lore seems to indicate that Ares is in a tight spot because of Excalibur. But as you said, one bad product shouldn't affect an AAA that much, even when it is their core industry. Still Ares has problems and is willing to do something desperate. See the "Ares" hidden story for more details

But I wouldn't worry about them loosing the AAA status. For that they are featured too prominently on the SR5 cover.

Yeah that's actually what I was talking about. They're acting like one faulty assault rifle and Ares is suddenly desperate. Desperate enough to be messing around with bugspirits and what not. Crappy products happen and it's been hinted that the Excalibur was the target of corp sabotage anyway. I just don't understand how one gun, from a company that produces hundreds of guns and tanks and cars, and has private police across the globe, and and and and and and, could be so desperate from one crap product. Did I miss a book where that was such a big deal? Did an entire army's guns suddenly blow up killing all the troops? What?
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 25 2013, 03:28 PM) *
There's a good story behind this. Please tell.

A few caveats: I wrote stats for Frosty to use during the entire arc. She had some weird and cool things that she could do, but was not anywhere near the level of Ehran and Harlequin. She had one other Wheel ability which didn't make it into Artifacts Unbound. (But that author captured the essence of where I tried to take her)

The events happen late in DotA: Midnight.

[ Spoiler ]
ShadowDragon8685
Oh, so it actually was an accident, and they didn't take an exception to her being a named plotline character and just try to flatten her with a bus on general principles? That's what I thought it was when you said "accident."
BishopMcQ
The players afterwards had a whole "we killed Frosty" moment and the line between "let's run her over and stop with her between the tires" versus "let's run her over and stop with her under the tires" while drastically different is razor thin to people watching the video feeds of it.
pbangarth
QUOTE (hermit @ Feb 25 2013, 06:27 AM) *
- Aztlan and Amazonia sorta call it quits. The plot thread of Primaira Varga and the Tempo Pact remains unresolved, I guess? At least the part AzAm war of Little Birdie's story revelations doesn't hint to it being resolved.

I'm predicting (as only one who has no real facts can) that the Primeira Vaga thread is not about a current war, but the war to come against the Horrors. A Gaia-level entity is behind it all, preparing Earth to defend herself with thousands/millions of her metahuman children possessed and thereby strengthened against the physical and mental powers of the Horrors. Whatever aspects of the A-A war were invovled in the PV action were incidental to the underlying purpose.
toturi
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Feb 26 2013, 08:53 AM) *
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

hermit
I'm predicting (as only one who has no real facts can) that the Primeira Vaga thread is not about a current war, but the war to come against the Horrors. A Gaia-level entity is behind it all, preparing Earth to defend herself with thousands/millions of her metahuman children possessed and thereby strengthened against the physical and mental powers of the Horrors. Whatever aspects of the A-A war were invovled in the PV action were incidental to the underlying purpose.

What.

Tempo was all about forcing spirit pacts with mean toxic plant spirits on people. They call them "Dreamers" and they will be dead in up to 400 years (if they're elves).
Sengir
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Feb 26 2013, 12:36 AM) *
What -IS- going on with Ares?(And where can I find it to read?) I remember they had the sabotaged gun roll out that looked bad but some of the web content and stuff seem to be hinting that they got hit so hard that they might lose triple A status? One botched product by a --Megacorp-- isn't going to cause that much of a problem. You pay your spindoctors and roll out a product in the next cycle.

Ares' biggest problem are their bug experiments, which got out of hands and ended with the bugs silently taking control of the project. The plotline about the defective rifle and how it threatens to ruin Ares on the other hand...far-fetched does not even begin to describe it
BishopMcQ
Toturi-- Aspected Mage.
ShadowJackal
I'm actually kind of hoping that Ghostwalker will kick the bucket. I've never been a big fan of him and I actually find that he detracts the story line more than he adds. I also just don't like where they were taking him in Clutch. Our regular game runs in Denver and I can't see him as more than a tyrant OOC.

I have a strong feeling that Perianwyr is going to end up kicking the bucket in all this which makes me a *very* sad little fangirl and well, I still have some sinking feeling that Hestaby's gone too. From reading the discussion now it seems like the chances of Hestaby are much smaller than I once thought, but I'd be extremely disappointed to see the only real female "leader" of the dragons to be killed, and hell, I like OQ way too much to want her to ever go anywhere.

Loffy going to dragon heaven would please me and IMHO open up a lot of neat story lines for Europe. It seems like it's been a little stunted over there because Loffy just controls everything and everyone within certain boarders.

I'm interested to see where the Atzlan/Amazonia plot goes and how that finally resolves itself, but all and all I know that I'm probably going to end up a sad dragon fangirl in the end. Then again, in my own head cannon Dunk's still alive, retired on an island somewhere.
Lionhearted
Big D is still doing good work, he watches our back against license infringements and turning SR to a post-apocalyptic setting
Grinder
QUOTE (ShadowJackal @ Feb 26 2013, 04:34 PM) *
I'm actually kind of hoping that Ghostwalker will kick the bucket. I've never been a big fan of him and I actually find that he detracts the story line more than he adds. I also just don't like where they were taking him in Clutch. Our regular game runs in Denver and I can't see him as more than a tyrant OOC.

That's more a fault of the writer and not the fictional character. Ghostwalker has much potential, but the last books portrayed him a strange way and gave his storyline a bad direction.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 26 2013, 08:48 AM) *
Ares' biggest problem are their bug experiments, which got out of hands and ended with the bugs silently taking control of the project. The plotline about the defective rifle and how it threatens to ruin Ares on the other hand...far-fetched does not even begin to describe it

Ok... where would I find the bug experiments and them taking control of the project? Which book/books?
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (Grinder @ Feb 26 2013, 11:22 AM) *
That's more a fault of the writer and not the fictional character. Ghostwalker has much potential, but the last books portrayed him a strange way and gave his storyline a bad direction.

Well the thing is, there seemed to be something up with him too. When he appeared he really did just kinda fly to Denver and go "MINE!! Anyone that says other wise, DIES!!"

And kinda hung that way for a while. Then he did his dissapearing act and had some sort of Draconic epiphany. Now he's acting 'Weird'. And apparently about to get into it with the Joker. I mean Harlequin.

Frankly I've never much liked GW. I always kinda wondered why the forces in Denver didn't make a few calls and take that sucker out. Being a great and all makes it hard (( See the story about them trying to take out Sirrung.)) and if it happened in/over Denver it'd be really hard, but still. "Oh... Dragon claims a major city. Kicked out the Azzies. Rules over it with a pasty white scaled fist, and people are just chill" Always threw me for a loop. I mean I could take the razing of Tehran alot easier than THAT.

So I hope he and the Joker-errrr Harle kill one another, or at least take one another off the field.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi @ Feb 26 2013, 10:23 AM) *
Ok... where would I find the bug experiments and them taking control of the project? Which book/books?

Oh man, that's ... over several.

Short form is this: Ares does bughunts in Chicago. Someone pulls a Weyland-Yutani and says, "You know, there has to be a way to turn thses guys into a profit opportunity..." Ares listens to the guy, and sets up a VERY secretive research firm. The control a few queens and experiment with merging bug spirits with animals to make guard critters that are dual-natured and DANGEROUS. Someone makes a booboo and decides to try the process, in a controlled way, on humans, creating bio-warriors who are awesome and totally aren't subsumed into the hive mind and pretending to be loyal Ares employees, oh no. Notes about the whole thing finally cross the desk of Roger Soaring Owl, who goes, "Wait, WHAT?!" and starts to shut it down. One of the queens, who'd flipped the script and started taking over members of the team, gets a heads-up, breaks out, and takes all of her toys with her.

Since then, the bugs have seemingly been infiltrating different levels of Ares, and possibly other corps, having gotten rather good at Good Merges and figuring out that the chemicals that Ares were using are bad news and need to be stopped. (Conspiracy Theories has a LOT on this part!) ... Soaring Owl left Ares, figuring that Knight had to have authorized the whole thing, and is in Sioux country doing ... something.

The Excaliber blowup is the loss of the main product and a huge black eye, but it hardly risks the corp. Renraku's still around after the Arcology, a rifle isn't killing Ares. Far more troubling is the internal struggle between the three big names... it's ugly inside the boardroom.
hermit
QUOTE (ShadowJackal)
I have a strong feeling that Perianwyr is going to end up kicking the bucket in all this which makes me a *very* sad little fangirl and well, I still have some sinking feeling that Hestaby's gone too.

I hope not, Perianwyr is about my favourite dragon. As for Hestaby, the in-game Shadowrun Twitter account claims she's 'gone' from Shasta, make of that what you will.

QUOTE (ShadowJackal)
From reading the discussion now it seems like the chances of Hestaby are much smaller than I once thought, but I'd be extremely disappointed to see the only real female "leader" of the dragons to be killed, and hell, I like OQ way too much to want her to ever go anywhere.

QUOTE (ShadowJackal)
Then again, in my own head cannon Dunk's still alive, retired on an island somewhere.

Well, Lethe technically is Dunkelzahn. You can get a dragon back grom spirit form too, as GW demonstrates in that book with the fat baby dragon chewing on HeroClix cover. So I would not say he's gone for good. It's just people tend to hate the Dragonheart trilogy too much to pick up on that (unlike Ryan Mercury and Nadia Daviar, to my bewilderment).

QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi)

Threats 2 saw their first mention; it progressed through SoNA, then Corporate Enclaves (a menton of Derek Montgomery's sister joining their UnlimiTech branch), Feral Cities (UnlimiTech), Street Legends/Supplemental (Roger Soaring Owl, the PCC shaman, and the final Short), Jet Set, Corporate Intrigue, and Sacrificial Limb. I'm pretty sure I left out books and PDF supplements, so people should feel free to add. It's a branched, quite old plot.

QUOTE (Pepsi Jedi)
Then he did his dissapearing act and had some sort of Draconic epiphany. Now he's acting 'Weird'. And apparently about to get into it with the Joker. I mean Harlequin.

Reading Artifacts Unleashed will enlighten you to what is up with him, why he wanted Denver and why Harles hates him SO MUCH now. SO! Much! But GW has pretty consistently suffered from bad writing making him some kind of entirely unstoppable Godzilla, while his agenda was left to dangle and never be tied up. At least, the current authors did that, though whether or not it was handled elegantly is up to the reader to decide.
Ixal
QUOTE (hermit @ Feb 26 2013, 05:45 PM) *
Reading Artifacts Unleashed will enlighten you to what is up with him, why he wanted Denver and why Harles hates him SO MUCH now. SO! Much! But GW has pretty consistently suffered from bad writing making him some kind of entirely unstoppable Godzilla, while his agenda was left to dangle and never be tied up. At least, the current authors did that, though whether or not it was handled elegantly is up to the reader to decide.

Plan9 warning:
Personally I think Zebulon has a lot more control over GW than we (and he) think she has. And maybe she isn't quite what GW thinks she is...
Although the last few sentences in his Clutch story do seem to contradict this.
biotech66
Anyone know if this will be compatible with Shadowrun Missions?
bannockburn
Depends on what you mean with 'compatible'.
Nath
QUOTE (hermit @ Feb 26 2013, 09:10 AM) *
Tempo was all about forcing spirit pacts with mean toxic plant spirits on people.
Technically, shadow spirits, not plant spirits.

QUOTE (hermit @ Feb 26 2013, 06:45 PM) *
Reading Artifacts Unleashed will enlighten you to what is up with him, why he wanted Denver and why Harles hates him SO MUCH now. SO! Much!
Unless there actually is a SR book titled Artifacts Unleashed, I guess you're referring to Artifacts Unbound. Then it's a bad piece of advice. It is not enlightening at all on any of these issues. It does say Ghostwalker wants to gather some artifacts in Washington to reassemble Zebulon, the spirit of Denver. But it doesn't mention Ghostwalker deceased dragon mate, or how all of this relates to the site of Denver. The death of Aina is not even confirmed, only suggested by the ending of the short story Praxis, and all you get to learn about the depth of her relationship with Harlequin are the words "dear friend". To truly enlighten someone on the story, much more reading are required.
Ixal
QUOTE (Nath @ Feb 26 2013, 08:00 PM) *
Unless there actually is a SR book titled Artifacts Unleashed, I guess you're referring to Artifacts Unbound. Then it's a bad piece of advice. It is not enlightening at all on any of these issues. It does say Ghostwalker wants to gather some artifacts in Washington to reassemble Zebulon, the spirit of Denver. But it doesn't mention Ghostwalker deceased dragon mate, or how all of this relates to the site of Denver. The death of Aina is not even confirmed, only suggested by the ending of the short story Praxis, and all you get to learn about the depth of her relationship with Harlequin are the words "dear friend". To truly enlighten someone on the story, much more reading are required.

It gets explained a bit more (from Harlequins pov) in Clutch. Although that story makes GW look quite, well, human and all this is based on a huge misunderstanding anyway. Also, Harlequin is attacking GW, not the other way around.

While there certainly is a lot more in depth reading you can do this story should be enough to give a rough idea why the conflict is happening.
Bull
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Feb 26 2013, 01:38 PM) *
Depends on what you mean with 'compatible'.

Indeed. I need more clarification before I can answer this. I will say it takes place after SRM 04-12 and the rest of Season 4, and Season 4 is canon, so.. Yes?
Grinder
QUOTE (Nath @ Feb 26 2013, 09:00 PM) *

QUOTE (Ixal @ Feb 26 2013, 09:10 PM) *
It gets explained a bit more (from Harlequins pov) in Clutch. Although that story makes GW look quite, well, human and all this is based on a huge misunderstanding anyway. Also, Harlequin is attacking GW, not the other way around.

While there certainly is a lot more in depth reading you can do this story should be enough to give a rough idea why the conflict is happening.

Harlequins entry in Clutch of Dragons is one of the worst fluff chapters I've ever read; confusing and with no clear direction. Crucial information for the ongoing (crappy) metaplot is hard to understand/ has to be interpreted, while other parts simply make no sense or don't change stuff/ NPC in a bad direction.
Sengir
QUOTE (hermit @ Feb 26 2013, 06:45 PM) *
Threats 2 saw their first mention; it progressed through SoNA, then Corporate Enclaves (a menton of Derek Montgomery's sister joining their UnlimiTech branch), Feral Cities (UnlimiTech), Street Legends/Supplemental (Roger Soaring Owl, the PCC shaman, and the final Short), Jet Set, Corporate Intrigue, and Sacrificial Limb. I'm pretty sure I left out books and PDF supplements, so people should feel free to add. It's a branched, quite old plot.

Augmentation is a big one, it mentions Theresa Montgomery now being the head of Ares medtech division and that Ares has made some sudden advancements in cybermancy since that...
sk8bcn
When you read Dumpshock, you get the impression that Ghostwalker or Harlequin or whoever with very strong power is hated in this game. But i wonder what the silence masses thinks of it. I, at least, like what these characters can bring to the game. Oh and, if one die, I hope there will be something to play with. smile.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (sk8bcn @ Feb 27 2013, 05:01 AM) *
When you read Dumpshock, you get the impression that Ghostwalker or Harlequin or whoever with very strong power is hated in this game. But i wonder what the silence masses thinks of it. I, at least, like what these characters can bring to the game. Oh and, if one die, I hope there will be something to play with. smile.gif

I would not qualify as a Silent Masses type of guy, but here is my take...

I really do not like Ghostwalker (at all), just never did mesh for me. I like Lofwyr and Hestaby. Sirrug needs to go. Most of the other Greats just fade into the background for me. smile.gif

Harlequin is entertaining, and he does not really bother me all that much. I find it intriguing to have a character available that has been alive for (multiple) Thousands of years, who you can go to the bar with, grab a guitar and Jam with them. I probably like him because he is somewhat broken (Not in the game sense, but in the emotional and mental sense). That said, not much of a Fan of Immortal Elves in General.
sk8bcn
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 27 2013, 03:12 PM) *
I would not qualify as a Silent Masses type of guy, but here is my take...

I really do not like Ghostwalker (at all), just never did mesh for me. I like Lofwyr and Hestaby. Sirrug needs to go. Most of the other Greats just fade into the background for me. smile.gif

Harlequin is entertaining, and he does not really bother me all that much. I find it intriguing to have a character available that has been alive for (multiple) Thousands of years, who you can go to the bar with, grab a guitar and Jam with them. I probably like him because he is somewhat broken (Not in the game sense, but in the emotional and mental sense). That said, not much of a Fan of Immortal Elves in General.

Made me think of one thing: When people "doesn't like" a character, is it because he's not of one's taste, or of poor background design.

For what I see GW is of poor's background (Not my opinion, I'm currently reading very old books and haven't seen that story arc yet). I guess, would his takeover over Denver been better done (more manipulation and a slowly gathering of influence bringing stuff to do for runners) he would probably be more appreciated.

Lionhearted
Still on the fence about Ghostwalker, thought he was Dunkelzahn reborn for a pretty long time given his arrival, description and choice of name twas an easy mistake to make...
I would like All-wing explored and dollmaker is the closest tie remaining...
Also more dragons need to follow Sirrurgs and Alamais example, give us some goddamn burninating, bloody wizworms scheme to much.
ShadowDragon8685
For one, I'm rather annoyed with Ghostwalker and Lofwyr. They show up and basically conquer/usurp what are, effectively, portions of world superpowers, and nobody stops them?

I really would have liked Ghostwalker's arrival to be Ghostwalker showing up, claiming Denver, and getting his ass gangbanged by Aztlan, the UCAS, the NAN, and Ares Macrotechnology, culminating in him going down like a punk after an epic battle that leveled Denver but put the Greats on notice that they are not the dominant species and that if they show up and start godzilla'ing around, they're going to die quickly.
ShadowJackal
I actually like Harlequin, he's just so broody. I don't know, it's refreshing to have a character in the game like him. Plus I love the OQ/LM banter. I hope he doesn't go anywhere because he seems like the only one around that will give the great dragons any crap.

GW's problem IMHO is that there *should* have been more to his story. I've been waiting for something big to come out of his story, and I guess it kind of is with his little girlfriend, but why on earth does he get to run around being a tyrant with no one stopping him? I could be missing something, I'll be honest and say that I haven't kept up with things as much as I could have, I haven't had much time in the past couple years to keep up with things. I did scan some of the dragon stuff in Conspiracy Theories and didn't find much (unfortunantely) and read a good portion of Clutch. Am I missing something big here?

And on that line of thinking, I don't really get where most of the dragon plotlines were going in clutch, they all seemed to be going in paths that just didn't make sense for anyone involved. Why was Hestaby peeing in Loffy's territory? What was the point? Is she challenging him? For what? And I still don't understand why Perianwyr would actively toss poop in GW's face. It makes no sense why a regular dragon would disrespect a great in a public forum unless he had a bigger great dragon that wanted him to do it, but who? And what about his old Atlzan history? I don't know, I'm just rambling by this point.
Patrick Goodman
Ghostwalker was so much cooler when we were plotting to introduce him back before FASA closed. *le sigh*
Ixal
Ghostwalker will hopefully get a better story now that Zebulon is back.
And it has just been confirmed on Twitter that Lofwyr doesn't die so we just have to live with him.

QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 27 2013, 04:30 PM) *
I really would have liked Ghostwalker's arrival to be Ghostwalker showing up, claiming Denver, and getting his ass gangbanged by Aztlan, the UCAS, the NAN, and Ares Macrotechnology, culminating in him going down like a punk after an epic battle that leveled Denver but put the Greats on notice that they are not the dominant species and that if they show up and start godzilla'ing around, they're going to die quickly.

It looks like they are doing exactly that with Sirrug.
Grinder
QUOTE (ShadowJackal @ Feb 27 2013, 05:57 PM) *
And on that line of thinking, I don't really get where most of the dragon plotlines were going in clutch, they all seemed to be going in paths that just didn't make sense for anyone involved. Why was Hestaby peeing in Loffy's territory? What was the point? Is she challenging him? For what? And I still don't understand why Perianwyr would actively toss poop in GW's face. It makes no sense why a regular dragon would disrespect a great in a public forum unless he had a bigger great dragon that wanted him to do it, but who? And what about his old Atlzan history? I don't know, I'm just rambling by this point.

This. The book lacks a clear focus and goog editing (content-wise).
Ixal
Not Storm Front but

R.I.P. Aufheben

At least this is very likely.
hermit
Because?
Ixal
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 12 2013, 12:40 AM) *
Because?

Black Star got wiped out in Bogota and Aufheben was part of it doing desperate attacks (Hidden Stories)
hermit
Ah, new password!
tasti man LH
...so for those of you wishing that SR-Bogota would just get blown off the map; congratulations, looks like your wish just came through!!!
Grinder
Oh noes, the submarines! grinbig.gif
hermit
Well, the writeups do state a naval blockade.
Grinder
That would be priceless! rotfl.gif
Sir_Psycho
And none of this will help build Shadowruns.
Pepsi Jedi
Stormfront is out on PDF..... anyone buy it yet?

202 pages, we can bet there's a bit more going on than what has been leaked through the online viral thing.
tasti man LH
Well naturally. It'd be kind of silly to blow their load if everything was given away in JUST the hidden stories.
Pepsi Jedi
QUOTE (tasti man LH @ Mar 14 2013, 01:18 AM) *
Well naturally. It'd be kind of silly to blow their load if everything was given away in JUST the hidden stories.

Yeah but there's ALOT more there. The lead in, in the preview, seems to point to Jack giving the low down on his own condition.

*Eyes sleeping wife* It's 1:30 here... and I'm tempted to risk a Great Dragon's instant and vehement ire... to wake her and ask permission to buy the PDF.

I'm working up the courage...
Sir_Psycho
A beloved character's departure? I think they should send a jackpointer or two to prison, to remind us that these people are criminals and the SR law enforcement actually does their jobs from time to time rather than only shooting the SINless. Slamm-O or Fastjack maybe. Although if it was the latter you'd probably see a mass shadowrun against that prison.
Wakshaani
About a year ago, I picthed the idea of FastJack going to jail, in fact. Accidently, mind you ... they get him for some trumped-up thing, not realizing who they have, while JackPoint mobilizes to get him out before they figure out who they have. Didn't go through, but, there've been a few others that have been floated as potential arrested sorts, some far more long-term than my FastJack plan was.

At the end of the day, a question that you have to ask is, "It's neat, sure, but ... how does this create Shadowrunning opportunities for the players?" Not *everything* has to fit in that mode, but as much as possible should. If there's not the nugget of a 'run, or a plot arc, or a neat character, or *something* on each page of a book, then it needs to be eyeballed, IMHO.

And "JackPoint breaks FastJack out of jail" fails that test. Dangit. smile.gif
Pepsi Jedi
Noone's bought it yet?? Ugg, you guys are killing me... My wife is sick.. if I wake her... she's gonna bite my head off and I won't get to read it anyway!
Grinder
Description:
All-Shaking Thunder

It’s been a tense couple of years (or couple of decades, if we’re being accurate) in the Sixth World. Aztlan and Amazonia have been slugging it out. Great dragons have turned on each other, testing old alliances and forging new ones. Governor Kenneth Brackhaven of Seattle is facing pressure unlike ever he’s ever seen, and scandals seem on the verge of overwhelming him. In Denver, a powerful dragon and an angry elf are set to butt heads in ways that will shake up the whole city—and provide new opportunities for an old enemy. And on top of that, a new plague is spreading through the world, and the denizens of JackPoint aren’t immune to its effects.

All this tension has been building up, and in Storm Front, it breaks. Storm Frontprovides background and updates on these and other plotlines changing the shape of the Sixth World. The shadows are shifting, and runners need to move fast if they want to earn a paycheck—or if they want to keep from being crushed as the powers of the world slug it out. The world is changing, but some things remain the same. Power will corrupt. Money will flow to those who already have it. And shadowrunners will scramble to make a living without selling their soul.

Storm Front provides plot information as well as adventure hooks that are compatible with Shadowrun, Fourth Edition while also laying the groundwork for the upcoming Shadowrun, Fifth Edition. As a bridge between the two editions, this book is useful to all Shadowrun players, setting the stage for explosive stories and memorable campaigns.

Get the PDF for $25.
Grinder
Backcover text:

It’s been a tense couple of years (or couple of decades, if we’re being
accurate) in the Sixth World. Aztlan and Amazonia have been slugging
it out. Great dragons have turned on each other, testing old alliances
and forging new ones. Governor Kenneth Brackhaven of Seattle is facing
pressure unlike ever he’s ever seen, and scandals seem on the verge of
overwhelming him. In Denver, a powerful dragon and an angry elf are
set to butt heads in ways that will shake the whole city—and provide
new opportunities for an old enemy. And on top of that, a new plague
is spreading through the world, and the denizens of JackPoint aren’t
immune to its effects.
All this tension has been building up, and in Storm Front, it breaks.
Storm Front provides background and updates on these and other plotlines
changing the shape of the Sixth World. The shadows are shifting, and
runners need to move fast if they want to earn a paycheck—or if they want
to keep from being crushed as the powers of the world slug it out. The
world is changing, but some things remain the same. Power will corrupt.
Money will flow to those who already have it. And shadowrunners will
scramble to make a living without selling their soul.

Writing credits:
Writing: Patrick Goodman, Jason M. Hardy, Philip
A. Lee, Devon Oratz, Scott Schletz, Brandie
Tarvin, R.J. Thomas, Michael Wich, Thomas
Willoughby, Russell Zimmerman

Bull and James Meiers don't appear in the list, something of a surprise to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012